Sears Ovens and Ranges

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My parents purchased a KitchenAid stove from Sears. Come to find out just days later, the bottom drawer of the stove was damaged (big dent). A call was made to an 800 number & a technician was suppose to come and inspect the damages, but never showed up; hence, the wait was about a week and a half. We called back & explained the situation, and with no care in the world, they gave us the runaround & kept transferring us to different operators, & did not resolve anything. We then continued to call corporate, which a very rude female employee kept interrupting me & would not let me finish explaining. It was also a dead end. She said there's a 72hr. time limit on which to report any damaged goods. Told her that a call was made within that time limit, just for her to tell me that there was nothing documented, because we called the "wrong 800" number, so therefore there was nothing they can do for us.

No sympathy, no remorse, no nothing. Not even an apology. Let me say that the appliance was about $2,200!! I am considering into obtaining an attorney, due to Sears delivering damaged goods. Word of advice, do not purchase anything from Sears. They are very rude, unprofessional, & do not care whatsoever of us, consumers. This is not our first horrible experience with them. We will be closing several accounts that we have with them. I am informing family, friends & many other people to not purchase anything from them, & to steer very clear from them, due to their shady ways of handling customers' situations.

Was out shopping for a new range. I actually found an employee that was more than willing and helpful in the store. This is very unusual these days. The store in Elgin and the employee's name was Francine. She is a keeper!!! Because of her helping me I ended up purchasing a range and dishwasher.

Actually placed a claim, with Sears Home Warranty at the beginning of June, of a malfunction of the self-cleaning feature on my oven. Repairs were scheduled for June 30th. Need to mention that the oven was perfectly functional and would just not self-cleaning. Obviously, it could be manually cleaned. Further, cooking using the oven was not at all an issue. On repair day, the repairman managed to rip off the door of my oven, thus rendering it nonfunctional, just a few days before the July 4th, cooking holiday. Just cannot cook with an oven that has got no door. Further, the repairman stated that new repairs would only take place on July 14th, in addition, the replacement door would not match in color or type. I am the home owner and the renter called me in despair from work. She had been informed by her husband at home, present at repair.

Contacted the repairman by phone at the home. He mostly tried to remove all culpability from himself. Explained to him that I was interested in determining whether this oven could be declared unrepairable. (In my own mind, his brand of repair was truly the bastardization of my appliance.) He refused. Spent half a day calling Sears to explain the predicament in which I found myself. My calls got rerouted, transferred numerous times, to eventually end at a survey questionnaire, whether I wanted to be surveyed or not initially per my answer to this very question. The transfer of last resort it seems is the survey questionnaire! Started collecting agent numbers. Requested to speak to a manager to no avail. It was stated that this person was on another call.

Requested annotations of my account to explain my situation. Asked again if my equipment could be declared unrepairable, was told that only the repairman can so declare. I has hit a vicious loop. In desperation, ended up placing an order for a replacement oven late in the afternoon not to miss the delivery date of July 3rd, using my own money. Called Sears Home Warranty again to request where to complain for damages. Was provided the number of a third party organization, Sedgwick Claims Management, Inc. Placed a damage claim with this company. Provided all my information, but in the end, my claim was denied. The reason, repairs were scheduled and underway.

No authorized users on my account placed a claim for fixing a ripped door or scheduled an appointment with Sears Home Warranty. On my Sears account only two authorized users exist, the lady of the rented house and myself, the owner. The lady was at work and calling me on what to do about the situation. I for one was requested an unrepairable status for the oven and never accepted any less. In essence, a Sears repairman can actively place a claim for the enrollee, schedule his own repair visit without consultation for damages that he himself caused and the enrollee is left with the only option to follow suit with his motions.

This baffles me. I have come to realize that an insane Sears repairman could use a sledge hammer to destroy all that he wants at my house, place his own repair claims and schedule on his own his repairs. I would then only be left with applauding and waiting patiently for his damages to be indeed repaired no matter how much more delay ensues. It is my pleasure to provide below 2 pictures of the old range/stove, with the door ripped, a status imposed by the so-called repairman. (He left us with more damages than he found. He also seemed to have no good solution for a repair.) 1 picture of the new stove.

Worse than Bad. I was actually quite excited about this at first and even upgraded from the appliance warranty to the whole house protection plan. My oven (7 years old Jenn-Aire) had quit working and I thought this would be a good long term solution for all of our appliances. Appointments are at least 2 weeks out and maybe further. The first guy came over and was nice enough, identified the problem and ordered the part. That took a couple of weeks and another guy came, installed - but set it up incorrectly so the oven would get warm - but not cook correctly. Called another 2 weeks for the next available appointment and a new guy came out - said the first guy had set up the keypad for Celsius versus Fahrenheit - and he couldn't switch it back. So we had to order the part again. I had to supply the oven manual and the guy made wouldn't call for Helpdesk support.

Another 2 1/2 weeks for the part and next appointment. Guy came yesterday. Installed the new part. It got hot and he left. We tried to cook pizza last night and it took 50 minutes to cook about 2/3rds of the way done. Tried again this morning - it doesn't cook and maintain temps correctly. So I'm going to call someone local and cancelling my Sears Plan. I called today and they put me on hold for 25 minutes. Then informed me today they were going to bill me for the $500 deductible plus whatever else they can come up with - probably another +$600 over the parts that I've already paid for and the monthly membership fees. AND MY OVEN STILL DOESN'T WORK.

So I'm going to be out around $1000 and no oven. I'm calling someone local. Sounds crazy but they simply can't do the work and are apparently grossly understaffed in my area. They can clean dust from under your fridge, replace seals on your dishwasher door, balance your washer but anything technical, I'd look somewhere else. We've gone through most of the summer without an oven. Very Disappointing and expensive.

I ordered a stainless steel gas range online through Sears chat system. I have a copy of my chat stating this - "I need a gas range delivered, installed & jetted for propane. Plus I need the old range hauled away." Here is the response I received - Per Alex - Here is the Order Summary - Merchandise subtotal - $477.98 / DELIVERY & INSTALLATION FREE/Haul away service $25 - including tax $530.64. I agreed to this & paid. This gas range was being delivered to my home in Wisconsin where I have tenants there. I gave the representative the address & zip code in New Richmond Wisconsin. On the day of delivery the new range was left in the dining room and not installed because the old range was not disconnected. I hired somebody to come & disconnect, then attempted to reschedule. This was a nightmare & turns out Sears will not install for free, in fact they don't install in my zip code at all. They will not stand by their employees quote.

I had to pay somebody else to install the range. The parts Sears ordered to do the propane conversion which I paid for were wrong (evidently it was for a dryer). It turned out the range came with one, but it was the wrong one. The installer I hired had to research & figure out the correct part needed for the conversion. He ordered & paid for new parts, I paid the technician to go out again & the range still doesn't work. The oven didn't work & one of the burners doesn't light. I have made many phone calls to Sears in an attempt to resolve this. They take no responsibility for the additional cost that their employee created. I'm currently in contact with a corporate manager who will not refund any of my money and am currently waiting for a repairman to come out & fix the current issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

We purchased a Kenmore induction cook-top five years ago. It recently stopped working, so I called the Roanoke Virginia Sears for a repairman to look at it. They scheduled the appointment two weeks out. They will not give a time frame for when the repairman will show up and will only say "be at home between 8 and 5". The repairman did show up that day, said he could not fix the cooktop that day and needed to order a part that costs $1,100. But wait! The good news is that we could sign up for the "WONDERFUL" Sears Home Warranty service, and we would get half off the cost of the part, and the charge for the part and the annual fee for this "FABULOUS" home warranty service will be... Almost exactly $1,100. What a coincidence!

So we signed up and scheduled the repair for today. Again, he wouldn't give me a time frame and said I needed to be here between 8 AM to 5 PM. We received a reminder phone call yesterday to please be at home b/w 8 AM and 5 PM, so I took the day off from work. Guess what? We received a call after 10:30 AM to say that they will have to reschedule (no explanation and no real apology). So far, this "WONDERFUL" and "FABULOUS" home warranty service isn't working out so well for us! Seems to be working great for Sears though. They have our money and don't seem to be too interested in repairing our cooktop. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS SERVICE! Buy another brand of home appliances!

We bought an electric Kenmore Elite Wall Oven in November 2015. It is now 1 1/2 years old. I purchased the extended three-year warranty. We have had problems with performance - Convection mode burning food or cooking unevenly, taking a long time to heat up, conventional mode not working at all, food doesn't cook or takes three times as long to reach temperature. We've lived with it because I don't use the oven too often and if it's important I use the old reliable clunker in the basement that works perfectly! But now the Self Clean Cycle on my new wall oven is turning on by itself!!!

I have never used the Clean function because I read that it burns out the control board. The oven is mounted in a kitchen island in the middle of the room and I did not want to harm the granite or the surrounding island. Yesterday I heard a beep and saw that the Clean Cycle was on. I thought that maybe someone had brushed against the control panel. It is easily activated. Even the brush of someone's shirt can turn it on. I shut it off and was curious, but not worried. Today there was no one at home but me and I was in the other room when I heard the oven beep again. Sure enough, the Clean Cycle had started. I called Sears Repair and that is when the fun started.

After talking to 4 (Count-em - 4) different people, companies and departments, I finally got to someone who agreed that I had indeed purchased the extended warranty. She then proceeded to try to convince me that I had somehow programmed the oven to delay start. Uh, no way. Both times there was no indication that delay start was activated. She admitted that if I had preprogrammed it (Which I did not), there would be a light indicating it. Apparently I am not even capable of seeing a light because she kept insisting that the only way the Clean Cycle would turn on is if I did it! Here's the great part though. When we were talking, the oven beeped and did it again!!! Again she asked if the Delay Start light was on. I was so angry at this point I almost put the phone in the oven. Anyway, she told me to unplug the oven. When I told her it was a WALL oven and I could not pull it out, she told me to shut off the circuit breaker.

Now I have to wait five days for service. One of my first calls was to regular service and they could come out in two days if I paid $89. Since I paid $200 for the extra warranty, I have to wait longer. I have been a loyal Sears customer forever. Never again. I have had problems with multiple appliances over the past few years. Where do you go to get something reliable that doesn't break or burn?

I have around a 10 year old LG Gas range which has had a service agreement on it since it was purchased. The alarm stopped working. After 4 attempts to repair the issue, they now refuse to repair it (by replacing the main board) saying that the problem I have is "cosmetic" and the alarm is a non-functional aspect of the appliance. They say as long as it heats, it's functional. The maintenance agreement does not spell out what is a non-functional item. People reading this review who have counted on service agreements should seriously consider not purchasing them, at least not without clearly understanding what's not covered. Given my experience, I will hold this experience against Kenmore and Sears and never purchase another Sears product or ever visit another Sears store.

I bought a 24" freestanding range from Sears (online) but when it was delivered it had no drawer (as pictured online). So I voiced my discontent and was promised that I could exchange it. For the next seven days I called repeatedly trying to get someone who I could understand (bad phone lines, bad accents, poor grasp of English, poor grasp of process) to help me swap the range for a 30" range instead. I left over 10 messages explaining that they could phone me at work (with number). By the last day I called and asked them to please come out and take away the 24" range and credit my account. I had to argue with the service representative to get him to do even that.

And then an hour after that, I got an email from someone in the "Recovery" department saying that they had repeatedly tried to contact me (without success) and wanted to talk to me about my exchange! I've been a Sears customer since I was a child but this was the last time I will ever shop there. And I will urge my condo association to never shop there either. Three thumbs down.

We purchased a Kenmore Elite 36" Electric Cooktop in January 2017. It has proven disappointing in every respect. It is impossible to keep clean, even following directions during and after each use. Most important it is absolutely impossible to regulate the temperature of the cooking elements. They fluctuate between totally on (VERY HIGH) and totally off during the cooking cycle, if you try to increase or reduce the temperature of the element. Instructions say this is how the temperature is regulated. Not true - there is no regulation possible. If I had known this, I definitely would not have purchased this product. As I am not a Sears regular customer, I cannot access their website to post a review of this product. I think it is cowardly on Sears' part to deny customers the ability to provide public opinions about their products. I definitely do not recommend this product.

I purchased a Kenmore #79046763900 in black and stainless steel. The cooktop is just spray painted... no enamel. I had to replace the knobs at my expense for very bad fading. One knob is $50. Can't use the electric oven clean feature as it started flaming and I had to shut off the main power. Very cheap built stove & very dissatisfied.

The cord from my range to the wall outlet melted. Sears denies any culpability. Apparently electrical issues are not covered on my 5 year warranty on my less than 2 year old stove. Sears installed the stove, attached the cord and I am searching for a class action lawsuit. It may not help, but I don't trust that this issue will not happen again. When the technician pulled the oven from the counter there was a pile of ash on the floor. He remarked that I was extremely lucky not to have had a fire. My house was rewired 4 years ago and the modern breaker box is probably the only thing that prevented a fire. Furious doesn't begin to describe my emotions. Sears used to stand for dependability and quality. No wonder their stock has dropped and business is down. Reputation is everything in business!

The control board on my Kenmore gas range just failed. The range had a 1 year warranty and the warranty ended one month ago. Of course Sears is willing to charge me a diagnostic fee plus the cost of the control board - about $300. I would think that some leeway would be provided but not so lucky. And it is 3 days before Thanksgiving but Sears cannot send anyone out until AFTER Thanksgiving. I just purchased a dishwasher from Sears tonight. I will be cancelling the order tomorrow and I will not buy from Sears again.

I was cooking some chicken in my oven under temp. 350. All of a sudden I smelled something burning. The oven was so hot. It went up to a F2 and I could not turn the oven off. I had to go to the garage and turn off the power switch. This is not the first time this happen to me. This happen last year with the same stove and Sears came out and put a new motherboard in. Now this is happening again. Sears is coming out Monday to repair the stove but I wonder if this is a recall and has this happened to anyone else. Now I'm afraid to use this stove. The model no. is 66595824003. The serial no. is RL 4710813.

I have a Sears Range since December 2015. Oven has not been used very much. Top of the oven door (just above the outside handle has burned and scorched). I called Sears in St. John's Nl, Canada @ 709-726-3770 and the salesperson advised me to call Samsung. Samsung informed me that it is made by Frigidaire. After 2 weeks of correspondence with Frigidaire (e-mailing pictures, receipts and delivery notices) they told me that Sears are responsible for the problem.

Do not purchase Windmax products from Sears or any other outlet. Not only are the products poorly made and advertised deceptively, they will not accept returns. This statement is on their website: "Our Marketplace Guarantee. We want you to shop the Sears Marketplace with complete confidence. If you're not satisfied with your Marketplace experience, Sears will work to fix the issue. If we can't, we'll refund the cost of your order and shipping up to a $2,500 total." Needless to say, after 3 emails and 4 phone calls and 3 weeks I have not been able to return the item. Do not waste your time with Sears or Windmax!

Ordered a range hood at the local Sears outlet for $700. Delivery was to be 4 weeks later. We are selling our house and this date would work out for the listing and open house. Called Sears central a week before to check delivery date. They had absolutely no information on the order and advised to check with the store. The store did not have any other information other than the delivery date, no tracking or progress information.

Day after delivery date, not delivered of course, went to Sears. No information on order other than a new delivery date. They could not provide any information other than the expected date. Could not advise on progress of the order. Salesperson now says not to expect it on the new delivery date "due to her experience and that the hood was a special order and hard to get." This was on a Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm. Came home, found the same hood on Amazon. Ordered the hood on Friday at 4 pm. Hood was delivered on Sunday afternoon 2 days later! Canceled Sears order that same Friday I had ordered the hood on Amazon. No wonder this company is going under.

Purchased June 25, 2015. Called Sears when first purchased stove it caught on fire, which was on Oct 2 2015. Then in June 3, 2016 called Sears because stove wasn't self-cleaning. Superior appliance started the cleaning and left. When it finished the cycle it left burn marks on my oven door nor did it clean. Called Sears back and Superior Appliance sent Sears a report of the oven door and it not working. Called Sears back on June 25 to repair my stove. Service person was out again. Nothing could be done.

Asked Sears what was they gonna do about my stove. They sent out their tech. He advise me to read page 19 of the manual book and left. Called sears, upset. They opened up a claim case # ** and told me it was out of warranty. They couldn't help because a liner burnt the stove that I had put in the stove. Spoke with superior on July 26, 2016, and he said in his report he advise Sears the seal on the oven burnt the stove. Sears kept stating that I wanted a replacement stove.

I bought a gas grill and cover from Sears Oct 2013 when I bought my new house. By February 2014 the firebox had rusted completely out. I checked and cannot get a replacement part. I'm a 64 year old widow and just wanted a way to grill that I could handle. I also bought a Kenmore Elite refrigerator at the same time and the ice maker has never worked. My mom and dad's Sears appliances worked for 30 years. I cannot afford to replace mine. What can I do to make Sears make this right?

Nothing but the clocks, timers respond to push button panel. Operating instructions are worthless.

It was the Sears Ultima we bought, about the middle of the road model for Sears at that time. We wanted a nice big window on the oven door and easy to see and use controls which this model had for us. It was about $100 less than comparative models that had the same features. My understanding is that the year we bought it, this model was built by GE.

Sears has changed over the years as far as their quality of customer service and parts and repair options but they still provide excellent value for the cost. I have bought Sears brand major appliances my whole life, over 50 years worth of Sears. I have always shopped around, gone to discount houses, major appliance stores and mom and pop appliance stores. Regardless, I have always managed to get the best deal, the best shipping, the best servicing and the best set up and take away of the old appliances at my local Sears!

Hate it! Cheap made. Runs too hot. Controls suck! The storage drawer at the bottom is so flimsy it twists when you use it. Been a firm believer in the recommendations of Consumer Report but as long as they recommend anything from Sears I will NOT follow their recommendation. Low quality construction and absolutely the worst customer service of any dealer around. Sears is the worst. Only a fool would throw their money away on anything from Sears. Hello my name is Fool.

Seriously I purchased this stove 100% based on Consumer Reports recommendation even though I knew that dealing with Sears on appliances was extremely risky at best but I was such a believer in CR that I took the chance. Was a very bad decision on my part. Never ever will I purchase any appliance from Sears again and I don't care if the Lord himself recommends it. Kenmore has gotten so cheap and shoddy in their products and Sears has the worst customer service in the world. Just waiting for this piece of crap to completely breakdown so I can get a quality stove again.

I did not purchase this model (Kenmore #362-75502000), it came with the condo I purchased in 2007. However, I am an avid cook; love to cook and bake so I use it often. If I had not been satisfied with it, I would have replaced it with something newer. It is self-cleaning and the range top is also easily taken apart and cleaned. The oven temperatures are pretty accurate. The gas flames can be adjusted quite nicely. I do not like the broiler very much - it seems to burn items easily and splatters grease easily. The Kenmore model I cook on is certainly not top-of-the-line. It has self cleaning (an absolute MUST HAVE), an oven timer and temperature, and a clock.

Kenmore, cost was low. Would not buy one again. Top is warped. Creates a loud bang when the oven heats up and metal expands. Paint is chipping. Not as good as previous models we owned. Will not buy anything from Sears again. Sears does not stand behind their appliances. Problems developed before warranty ran out and Sears' slow response came after warranty ran out. Low quality would be a deal breaker after. The cheapest GE brand lasted 30 years and is still going strong in our old home. Kenmore needs to be replaced after less than two years.

Kenmore. It's attractive, but way too expensive to use. Therefore I use convection ovens etc. to bake. The Kenmore came with my house. I will replace if it goes out. Make sure you purchase energy star appliances. Deal breakers would be appearance, low quality, expensive to use, and lack of safety features. Must be in right color, have a great service agreement, and have longevity. My Kenmore is at least 10 years old.

The oven was large enough to cook just about anything I wanted, and it came with a matching microwave. Sears couldn't give me a replacement! This 800$$ pile of junk is going back. I went high end on this. Sears had multiple lower end, smaller models, most I felt would not work for dinner parties. My new appliance from Sears is worthless! First the oven light burned out on day one. 10 lights later I gave up. Next oven temperature ~ 170 runs at 80, 200 runs at 100, 350 runs at 480. Oven self-cleaning. Mine hit a whopping 947. I had to shut the power off at the breaker box. Stove top burners, not one will hold the correct temperature! That can go from low to melt your cast iron skillet in a short time! Sears buyer beware.

Kenmore Elite - I liked the touch control panel and over racks that could stay in the over when on the clean cycle. It was also visually appealing. I thought Kenmore had a good reputation. It looks nice. But, the touch control panel came loose after a few weeks of use. Apparently sometimes it has been fixed with tape! Really??? The repair person did not recommend this (thank goodness) and ordered a new panel. It took 8 weeks for warranty work. That whole experience was a gong show. I called Sears 1-888 warranty line. They called the manufacturer. The manufacturer called Trans Global. Trans Global called a local appliance repair shop. Needless to say, there were communication breakdowns in the course of 8 weeks. Totally ridiculous process.

And the other thing I don't like about this stove is if a DROP of anything spills over in the oven, it produces massive smoke. I have been cooking for 40 years and many things have bubbled over in the oven. I never had one that did this. Not happy with this appliance at all. I hope it totally craps out before the extended warranty so that I can get something else. But will I be able to get another brand under extended warranty?

Sears is in financial difficulty. They have no local service people like they used to so you deal with an assortment of middlemen/women for any service. I would like to get out of the deal now but it's too late! And the fridge was damaged upon delivery - looks like the delivery guy rested the fridge on his knee at some point. Both of these appliances look nice, but the stove definitely has issues as I have cited above.

Purchased a Kenmore Elite electric wall oven and a gas cook top. The oven has a built in convection feature so that you can either use convection or conventional cooking. I like the gas cook top because it heats much quicker than the electric cook top that I previously had. It has 5 burners of different sizes which I like. Buy appliances when the dealers have their big sales. Sears gives special discounts if you buy several appliances in November and Home Depot usually has a special sale in January. Home Depot will give you a rebate if you happen to buy a couple weeks earlier than their special sale. Poor quality construction and a record of poor reliability. Also delivery is often expensive at some stores and some stores only deliver to your area once a week. Often you need the appliance quickly.

First, remember that stainless steel will be more expensive than black or white. Consider the fact that real stainless steel shows hand prints and smudges pretty bad. So, you need to decide if the look of stainless is worth the extra cost and work in keeping it clean. Also, keep in mind that it is easy to spend a lot of money on appliances with a lot of options (cycles, features, larger capacity) and you may never use them. Make sure that you are going to use the features before you pay extra for them.

Kenmore Elite 970, edge to edge full top useable, 5 burners, S.S., cost reasonable. I love the door gasket on the unit not on the door. Convection is great, would have liked bearing trays. The top trays scratch the S.S. too much. Twist the door to tell if it's good solid quality, look at the weight - heavier is better. Also repair parts being too much, which is the case for Sears products, I hope I have no problems. Convection is a great deal to have, it speeds the cooking process up a lot. A very large BTU burner is nice also to get that pot of water boiling sooner.

Kenmore, 30 inch electric. Cheapest I could get delivered on less than a week's notice. It's very basic, no self-clean, no door window, but it does keep a great temperature. The burners heat very quickly. The warranties were very extensive, some of the best I could find. Inability to deliver, very limited warranties, terrible customer service, or repeated mechanical issues. Check to see if your city or town has an energy star rebate program that you might apply to your purchase. Check for scratch and dent models if offered!

Sears Appliance - Ovens and Ranges Company Profile