Sears Home Services

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called Sears after my 2 year old Samsung Washer broke down. I bought the machine along with an extended 5 year warranty, thank goodness. The first tech showed up and told us that he wasn't there to diagnose the machine, rather to "assess the problem". He left without fixing the machine, assuring us that the next tech will be doing that job.

After 2 weeks, the second tech showed up. He seemed to us to be in a hurry and want to be somewhere else. Anyway, he blamed the plumbing connected to the machine and also the said he'd need to replace the drain pump. He ordered the pump and said another tech is coming to install it. He said to have a plumber check the plumbing. The part will take another week.

I had a plumber check everything and he said it was fine. Afterwards, I called Sears and spoke with Danny, a service manager. I explained to him my frustration and also asked him to send another tech to look into the problem. I had a feeling that the second tech didn't do his work properly. Danny told me that I have to wait for the parts and to call them to schedule an appointment. He said it wasn't their procedure to send another tech.

The parts arrive after a week, and the third tech showed up 4 days later. He seemed to be knowledgeable. He said there's nothing wrong with the drain pump and that it was misdiagnosed. He said the problem was the 4 dampers. He said that he needs to order the parts. He said it'll take a week but arranged with me what the most convenient time to come return. We agreed on Friday, Jan. 13, between 1PM-5PM.

Today is Jan 13. I called Sears, and was told by the automated phone system that my schedule is set on Jan 17! I asked to speak to a representative. The call center transferred me to Home Services and put on hold. It's been 1 hour since I've been placed on hold. After 1 1/2 hours, Linn responded and I told her what the problem was. She came back telling me that there is a problem on the line and she hung up. I am so disappointed with Sears Home Services.

My oven went out on 12/24. I called Sears home service because I have only had the oven 8 months. I have a 3 year warranty that is suppose to cover lemons or if it can't be fixed it will be replaced. I keep getting placed on hold. They are telling me after 2 weeks that the part is on backorder until 01/30 over a month later. I was also told they are looking for a part. I have tried to explain that "if you can't find the part and it's on backorder why can't you replace it like the warranty says." I was told I have to wait 21 days before a replacement can be issued. Sears Home Service is a joke and they do not care how their unprofessionalism affects the consumer.

I called Sears to repair my LG washer/dryer combo. I explained to customer service I had already gotten an estimate for my machine and there was no need for someone to come out and do the same. I told customer service that I would need my bearing replaced and my tub which I've already looked it up on their website and the cost was little to nothing, washer bearing $26.99 which they told me $34.00 as well for the outer tub, but on their website the tub cost $167.49 so I decided to go along with a technician to come out for a low estimated cost of $79.00. On the day of my scheduled appointment technician (Julian) told me that they don't replace bearing so they would have to replace the whole thing which is the rear tub and basket and the cost will be over $1,100 but was told by customer service the whole job should cost me less than $400-600.

Technician (Julian) said they don't warranty machines after 10 years and LG machine parts are very expensive and something still can go wrong after they fix it, it can break and fall apart anytime and it's not worth it, to work on the machine alone it will take about 3 to 4 hours, it's a big job and asked if I wanted to waste my money on getting this machine fixed. They will do it but he wouldn't even spend $500 on this machine if he was me he said, so he suggest I cancel the repair or if I change my mind about the cost for them to fix it, I can call back and have them come out... I was so furious after I spoke to him I called Sears customer service back to relay the message to one of the supervisors and they was very vague.

I clearly asked them if they replace bearing and they told me yes but the technician Julian told me no. I let them hear the recording of the conversation and supervisor Franco had nothing to say but sorry. I would never use this company again. I actually bought my machine from these guys and I spent well over $2,000 for it when washer/dryers combos first came out on the market. I wish I would had seen the complaints about this company before I called them but I will make sure it will never happen again. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Please beware of using Sears Home Repairs as these people are simply awful and do NOT provide any meaningful means to get resolution if they screw up (which is very often). Using Sears Home Services forces you into their Call Center for everything and their call center is staffed with very limited power and information. I had a service call scheduled for my washing machine. It was scheduled between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. It took 4-days to get this scheduled. No one showed up and no one called.

I called their call center (1-800 line) at 2:30 pm and got an automated response which said that a tech would show up between 2:45 pm and 4:45 pm. Again, no one showed up and no one called. I again called their 1-800 number. Now I was told that "no one was available" and I needed to reschedule my appointment. The earliest open appointment was 4-days later. I asked to talk to someone in authority but they could not/would not connect me. I should add that my washing machine is under warranty with Sears. This is NOT my first experience like this with Sears. They are the MOST INCOMPETENT service organization I've ever worked with. Needless to say, if you're reading this, save yourselves frustration and go elsewhere. Sears In House Service is simply AWFUL!

I had appointment scheduled for Sears to fix my refrigerator and they did not call or show up. I then called to see why and all they wanted to know is what my secondary phone number was and I asked why they needed a secondary number when they can't call the primary number. I finally set up a new appointment for today and they called and said it's not under warranty. (I purchased the master service plan). The service guy was willing to work with me. He went to another job while I fought with Ron ** at the Illinois call center until he finally hung up on me.

The technician actually made a call and got it straighten out on his end to actually do the work. This is the second refrigerator they replaced. The first one and this one is doing the exact same thing as the old one. I have had them numerous times not show up in the past and today is first time a service guy actually ever called before they showed up. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!!! Go to a local appliance company to do business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

I opened a Service Request under my Sears Master Services Agreement with Sears on December 9th, 2016 to schedule a repair on our Kenmore Front loading washer. I explained that the door hinge was broken and provided the Washer and hinge part numbers. I also stated the washer had been leaking prior to the door hinge breaking. An appointment was scheduled for December 19th, 2016 between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. The Technician arrived at our home late. He verified the hinge was broken and stated he would have to order the hinge, to be delivered to our house, and he would be back January 3rd, 2017 to make the repair. My wife asked if he was going check the leak to which he answered it was caused by the broken hinge despite my wife's insistence that the leak was occurring well before the broken door hinge.

So we had waited 10 days just to have someone confirm what we had already said. As a result, my wife had to make several trips to the local laundromat where she spent over $80.00 to wash our clothes. We received the new hinge December 22nd, 2016 so I called the Repair center again and they said they could not move our service appointment up due the high volume of service requests in our area. I have called several more times in an attempt to get the repair moved up sooner to avail. I also inquired if I could change the hinge and was advised that if I did the door and associated parts would no longer be covered under our agreement.

It simply does not make any sense that we should have to wait 30 Days to have a hinge replaced. Thank God I didn't need a refrigerator or furnace repaired. We, like so many others, paid for our protection agreement in good faith. This has been an absolutely frustrating experience. Sears brags on your agreement website that you offer the Guaranteed BEST Coverage in the industry. This obviously does not take into count Total Time of a repair. Your website also states, "If we can't fix your kitchen or laundry appliance on our first service visit, we'll provide rental reimbursement up to $50 if your product is unusable." This was never mentioned by anyone on the phone or by the technician. I must have spoken to a minimum of 15-20 different representatives on the phone while being passed around like yesterday's newspaper. I would think we should qualify for the $50 reimbursement fee to cover the laundromat costs.

Today, January 3, 2017, we take another slap in the face as our Service appointment was moved back 2 more days. After already waiting nearly a month to get a simple hinge replaced on our washer. I had been previously told our service request was being added the Sears Sooner Service list which appears to be simply a pacification and with no real value. I feel the promised $100.00 should be honored as we have spent a minimum of $80.00 now at the laundromat since we opened our service request. I further request that the $100.00 be sent in the form of a check. I have been a Sears customer most of my Adult life and will never purchase another Sears alleged Service Agreement. Furthermore, I will likely discontinue purchasing any Sears home appliance product going forward as well.

A project that should have taken less than a week took over a month to complete. The crew that came to the house was juggling two projects so mine was pretty much only when they had time. I feel like I'm paying $12,000 for just a bathtub and vanity replacement and got $4000 worth of work. They used my personal Dyson to clean up after themselves when they demoed the bathroom, that is not at all ok to use my Dyson to clean up plaster, drywall and whatever else they chose. They installed a faulty bathtub faucet that was leaking and tried to tell me the project was complete. The first day they were supposed to be there at 8 didn't arrive till after 1 pm.

Every day after that they would say they would be there at 9 am or so and wouldn't show until after 11 am. They say they custom order everything so it fits your bathroom perfect, but yet the new vanity was too small leaving a gap that had to be filled with a spacer which looks horrible. I had to ask the guys back to recaulk the tub because the first time they did it it looked like someone ran filthy fingers across the white caulk. When they were taking out the old bathtub and tile they messed the wall up and had to patch it which in the process they got plaster or drywall all over my brand new toilet which they didn't even try to clean up, nor did they try and smooth the wall out where they had to make repairs, I had to point that out to them and ask that it be fixed.

It's just sad when you say you are a remodel expert and I have to ask you to go over and do everything over because it looks half-ass done. When they were taking out the old bathtub and vanity they did not cover the vent on the bathroom floor nor did they try and clean it after so now it's filled with dust, dirt and pieces of plaster from all the work they did. They broke the frame on the door next to the shower and just thought it was ok to patch it up rather than replace what they broke, they also broke a baseboard and just patched it rather than replacing. The week of Thanksgiving is the first time they tried to say they were complete with the job and I had a lot of concerns about how it did not look complete to me.

They had I guess the people that release the funds call me and ask if the job was complete and at first I told them no and either the project manager's wife or the installers was on the line trying to force me to say yes it was complete even though it wasn't, I repeatedly said "no there is still work needing done" and the other person on the phone would argue with me. I thought that was very unprofessional and will never use Sears for that reason again. They left a big box of trash in my driveway over a week saying they would be back to get it. Finally 12. 31.16 we got the correct replacement faucet installed. Will never recommend. Thanks.

I contacted Sears Home Repair Services to diagnose and repair my refrigerator, whose water line had been malfunctioning. I used Sears' online repair scheduler to schedule at https://www.searshomeservices.com/repair#scheduler. The online repair schedule advised: "The diagnostic fee is the cost to have a tech come to your home and provide a repair estimate. If you decide to proceed with the repair, your total costs will include the diagnostic fee and labor, plus any parts and applicable sales tax. If you decline the repair, you will still be responsible for the diagnostic fee."

Sears came to my house on December 9, 2016. The technician (ID **) had already been given the refrigerator model number. Upon arriving, he informed my wife that he immediately recognized the refrigerator model and suspected he knew what the problem was. Five minutes later, after looking at the refrigerator, he confirmed that the model had a faulty water line valve and that it needed to be replaced. He gave my wife the estimate for the repair: $474.43, including the $99 diagnostic fee. The written estimate advised: "If, within 90 days of the date of this declined estimate, you decide to have your product(s) repaired, a 50% discount will be applied, on our next visit to the diagnostic fee charged."

My wife agreed to pay the $99 diagnostic fee, with the understanding that she would have 90 days to decide whether to proceed with the repair; and that if she agreed to proceed with the repair, Sears would come to our house and complete the repair for the remaining portion of the estimated price: $375.43. After discussing with me, a few days later we decided to proceed with the repair. My wife called Sears and scheduled the appointment, advising them over the phone that this appointment was to complete the repair to our refrigerator that Sears had previously provided us an estimate for. Sears scheduled the appointment for December 22, 2016.

However, on December 22, 2016, instead of coming to our house and completing the repair, Sears Tech (ID **) called my wife. He informed her that he was in the driveway and that if he were to come into the house, he would need to charge us another $99 diagnostic fee. My wife advised that she had already paid the diagnostic fee and that he was supposed to be at our house to complete the repair to our refrigerator. The Tech advised that he had no record of that and likely did not have the needed parts. My wife advised that him that he should call Sears Corporate to confirm our appointment and request that the fee be waived. The Tech then did so. He called my wife back and advised that Sears would reduce the diagnostic fee to $50, but he could not come in the house otherwise. My wife advised him that he should not proceed. The tech left.

Later that day, I called to complain to Sears. They had not completed the repair as they had said they would do, and we were out our $99 diagnostic fee. Sears accepted the complaint. I called two days later, on December 24, 2016, to find out the status of my complaint. The Sears representative advised that no notes had been entered regarding my complaint. I told this new Sears complaint representative my complaint and that I wanted my $99 refunded or a discounted repair. She said my complaint would be reviewed and I would be called within 72 hours.

Sears did not call me within 72 hours. As it was the Christmas holidays, I gave Sears extra time. I called them the morning of January 2, 2017 to find the status of my complaint. The representative advised that it was still being reviewed. At this point, I advised that Sears should refund me my $99 diagnostic fee and I would go elsewhere to complete the repair.

The Sears representative, Alexis (Employee ID **), advised that she could not refund me the diagnostic fee. I asked for a written copy of my complaint file. She said she could not give it to me. I asked for the address to file a written complaint with Sears. She gave me the Sears Corporate Headquarters. I asked for the address for Sears Legal Department, she refused to give it to me. She said she would give it to my lawyer. I said I was a lawyer and would be representing myself and offered to provide my Michigan bar number. She said she could not give me the address for the Sears Legal Office. At this point, I advised that I was ending the call, and did so.

Sears has violated the agreement it had with me. They took my $99 diagnostic fee, then attempted to take a second $99 fee and refused to repair my refrigerator unless I agreed to this second diagnostic fee. As it stands, Sears has my $99 fee, but refused to complete its end of the bargain by repairing my refrigerator. I would never have paid Sears $99 for a diagnostic fee if they were not willing to complete the repair. I would have hired someone else. Sears should have refunded me my $99 diagnostic fee. They handled both my repair and my complaints deplorably.

I have a Sears Master Protection Agreement on a dehumidifier. I called to get service on it and told them I needed a Saturday appointment and was told as of October 2016 they no longer have Saturday appointments - I work Monday thru Friday and when I don't work I don't get paid. They said they were sorry it would have to be during the week. Then they give you a show up time between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM. They will let service know that you need them to come as late as possible but no guarantee. How do you not have Saturday appointments for working people? I can clearly see that Sears no longer cares about the consumer. I have had Sears service agreements for many appliances and they have ALWAYS had Saturday service appointments. I am so disappointed in Sears that this may just cost them my future business!!

We have made many service repair calls to Sears to fix our refrigerator. We have the protection repair warranty. They are always behind on scheduling service calls we have had to wait up to three weeks to have our refrigerator repaired. The latest service call was no different. Had to wait a week for someone to come out, then had to order part which took as week to arrive. Then had to wait another week or so to have guy come out and install it (December 9). Refrigerator worked great for about a week then started acting up again. Water leaked into the bottom of the refrigerator then leaked onto the floor. Called to have it repaired (AGAIN) and was told then we would have to wait another week to have service guy come out. Stay away from Sears repair services. They are not like the Sears of years past.

When signing the contract was very nice salesperson. Everything will be to our satisfaction and Sears issue a warranty on the job. The electrical job we have to send and complain 3 times to finish a little job changing the electric covers and he left with a messy job and when the splash installed was not leveled. Been calling Sears (Long Island office) since Sept and I never goes nowhere with them. Called the main office. Send me back to Long Island. Finally was promised to send someone before Thanksgiving but I don't know which Thanksgiving they referring to. Sears turn to be the worst company to do business with.

I bought a dishwasher and a washer/dryer combo unit in Dec. 2015. Since then, I have had the dryer worked on (3 months in), the dishwasher worked on (6 months in) and no the washer will not spin or drain. I had a scheduled appointment on 11/25/2016. So far my appointment has been rescheduled 3 times. From 11/25/2016 to 12/07/2016 to 12/08/2016 to 12/20/2016 and now 12/27/2016 (today). For all of these appointments, the arrival time keeps getting pushed out until it gets rescheduled. Just today, the arrival time has changed 4 times. At this point I do not know what to do. I just want my washer fixed.

I have been a lifelong customer of Sears. My father raised me to only buy Sears tools and products. Sears has lost their good name by hiring incompetent repair people in Atlanta. Tony specifically canceled my appointment previously made, said I canceled it. It was a LIE. I took off from work several times and had my Sears purchased Maytag Washer out of operation for 60 days!!! Tony should be fired. The repair part arrived at my house a week after the first technician.

Stop hiring incompetent people. You have lost your business edge and the employees are all incompetent in Atlanta. I will not use Sears appliance repair again. I don't really care if someone in the Philippines or Colombia answer the phone or schedules appointments. What I care about is I can't contact a manager in Atlanta who is in Atlanta to give feed aback on HORRIBLE service. I cut up my Sears card five years ago. This is the last straw. They are incompetent. Just like all Chicago-based things, corrupt and incompetent.

Called for repair (Nov 23/16). Scheduled with representative giving attitude every step of the way. No calls, emails, repair tech never showed up. Received an apology call a day after appointment and a reschedule. Second appointment (Dec 12/16): Six hour window, never showed up, Sears tracking website changed my appointment to another. Two hour window in the same day - never showed up. I called to inquire and they lied and said no one ever answered the phone or answered the door. My phone history and my being in my living room near the door all day proves otherwise. Called again, received runaround and another reschedule.

At this moment, my 3rd appointment (12/23/16) has turned into a repeat of my 2nd appointment experience: waiting around and just receiving a notice for my appointment window being pushed another 2 hours in the same day. I implore all: Never use this service or even bother talking with Sears repair people. Don't waste your life, hire someone local and bite the bullet to pay whatever they ask. Screw it, just buy another machine(s). Nothing short of free lifetime service (including parts and labor) and Sears NEVER saying something along the lines of: "We're sorry you are dissatisfied with our service..." would change my mind in considering to use this place again. Cheers.

Although I am currently renting my home & the home owner is renovating the kitchen, I will NEVER use SEARS for any type of remodel or home service. I've been coordinating with the home owner on the timing & issues of the job & it's been issue over issue. The only 2 workers (for the cabinets) are never on time & don't want to listen to requests. SEARS has gotten subcontractors for every different part of the job, making each job difficult to do -- there's 2 cabinet guys, a plumber, an electrician, a countertop guy, etc., & none of them coordinate with each other. There is absolutely no supervision. One worker stayed in the kitchen doing nothing for 3 hours because he didn't have a ride home. It took these guys 4 days to put up 5 cabinets. I've known 2 guys to do a whole kitchen to include laying tile. I just don't understand. I'm hoping I have a kitchen for Christmas but I'm not holding my breath.

Made an appointment for 11/25/16 to repair my 3 yr old Kenmore Top Loader HE washer. It was sounding like a jet engine during the spin cycle. Tech came and diagnosed the problem as a "bad gear casing". Ordered part and it arrived at my home in 2 days, he came back on 12/5/16 to install. Tech was at my home for 1 1/2 hrs and told me the part was delivered broken and needed to reorder another part. Again it arrived in 2 days and another tech installed it on 12/9/16. After 2 hrs, this tech said it was working fine. I washed 3 loads that night before it sounded like my washer seized up... Grinding metal on metal noise.

Called Sears again. The original tech showed up on 12/13/16 and told me that part was also bad. He informed me that the parts are all refurbished and that he would try to get me a new part. New part arrives 3 days later and the other tech arrives to install. Turns out this part is also refurbished and after another 2 hrs, I'm told yet again that it's another bad part. I call corporate right away and they tell me to call them tomorrow at my earliest convenience and they'll advise if I qualify for a "remedy". On top of having to juggle my schedule around, lose money and rush around to pick up their delivered equipment before the management office closes and to make their appointments (because of course they only work M-F), they broke my dryer vent and asked me if I had an old rug or towel that they could use to work on. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEARS AGAIN.

Worst tech ever. Sears has snow blower maintenance online, which describes service to be provided. When tech showed, he wanted to charge me $139 plus tax for just an oil change and spark plug. He would not honor website. Escalations at SEARS did not help. No wonder SEARS may be going out of business. The ** tech is a thief and would not perform his duty.

I bought a new washing machine 6 months ago from Sears. Sears Home Services sent a technician out to fix it. He showed up with an attitude like he didn't want to be at work. Found out the problem with the washer was a defective part that needed a factory upgrade. The tech ordered the part needed. Once the part arrived I rescheduled the appointment for the tech to install it. They gave me a window from 1:00 to 5:00. At 5:00 I got a email saying that the technician was on his way. After waiting 45 minutes for them to show up. I called the office to see where the tech was at. They informed me he was at my house. I told her that he was not at my house. He never showed up and was on his way home. Also never received a phone call that he was on his way.

I initially had our dryer worked on September 16th, 2016. The service tech that came was named Sol. The dryer just wouldn't start when we pushed the start button. He diagnosed the problem as being a bad thermal fuse and replaced the fuse. The charge for fixing the dryer was $183.65. After Sol left, we started using the dryer and the drum wouldn't even turn and the dryer started smelling really hot. We turned it off and immediately called Sol. He came back a few hours later the same day and I believe he came back to put the belt back on that had not been re-installed properly. He left and then I called him for the 3rd time that day and let him know he had left one of his tools at our house and he came right back to pick it up.

The dryer worked fine for about 3 weeks and then stopped working. We had to wait about a week for a service tech to come out and had to use a laundromat during that time. We were having the same issue we did initially where we would push the start button and nothing would happen. The same service tech came out for the 2nd service call on October 17, 2016. He replaced the thermal fuse again. This was done at no charge.

The dryer worked for about 2 weeks and then stopped. Same issue - would push the start button and nothing would happen. This time I requested a different service tech. The service call was scheduled for November 11, 2016. The morning of this day, Sears called me and said that another service tech would not be in my area on this particular day and that Sol would have to be the service tech again or we would need to reschedule for Monday, November 14th. I informed Sears that Monday would not work because I had to be at work and I would prefer to just have Sol come so I could get my dryer fixed before the weekend and that I was tired of having to use the laundromat.

I received a call later that day and it was not Sol. I do not remember this tech's name but he said he would be the one coming out that day and that it would be later in the afternoon. Each time we scheduled a visit we would be given a time frame of anywhere from 8-5 so I would have to leave the whole day open because I would not know when they would be coming.

This service tech also replaced the thermal fuse and recommended that we replace the aluminum flexible duct with a rigid metal one. We went to Menards the next day and bought and replaced the duct. The tech told us that the reason the thermal fuse kept going bad was because the dryer was getting too hot and he felt the reason it was getting too hot was that there was an issue with our flexible duct and air flow. This duct had been on the dryer for 10 years and we had never had problems with it before but we went ahead and replaced it with a rigid one. We used the dryer on Sunday and it worked fine.

When I came home on Monday the first thing my daughter told me was that the dryer was not working again. Same issue - push the start button and nothing happens. I immediately called Sears and told them I had enough. I had spent 3 days of my time waiting from 8-5 and they had replaced the same part 3 times and the end result was the same but each time it seems like the dryer lasted less and less time. The women I spoke to was very nice and said she understood my frustration. I told her I would like to have my money reimbursed and I would go and buy a new dryer since the service techs were not able to properly diagnose what was causing my dryer to get too hot and ruin the thermal fuses. She said I would hear back from Sears in a couple of days.

On November 15th 2016 I received an email from Sears stating that they were unable to give the full refund on the dryer and if I purchased a new dryer from them they would give me 10% off. This message was from Sears Member Services and it came in at 11:42 p.m. so I did not see it until the next morning. The email was not clear to me because it stated that I would not be receiving a full refund but perhaps I was going to get some of my money back? I called the phone number at the bottom of the email which was 800-479-6351.

My case number on the email is # **. I was told that I would not be receiving any money back. I told her that was bull because I had paid them $183.65 to have my dryer fixed and after spending all that money and wasting 3 days of my time, and replacing the same part 3 times, I had a dryer that was doing the same thing it was before I even called them. This person (I do not remember her name) in my opinion got an attitude with me when I told her that Sears could make this right or I would dispute this charge with my credit card company.

She said to go right ahead, that I would not be getting my money back because they had provided a service and I couldn't dispute that fact. $79 of the charge was for a diagnostic fee and the tech was able to determine that the thermal fuse was bad but after 3 visits they still had not diagnosed why the thermal fuses are going bad - what is causing the dryer to overheat. The rest of the charges were for replacing the thermal fuse and for the part which I am sure I have another ruined thermal fuse in my dryer and this last time it only lasted 2 days. I feel the fair thing to do is to return my money so I can put this towards a new dryer that I will NOT be buying from SEARS. THEY HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE AFTER TREATING ME THIS WAY!

As I write this, the charge is under dispute with my credit card company. Because the service was provided it has to quality department and I have been told that this can take up to 2 billing cycles before resolved. My credit card company has removed the charge from my account at this time until a resolution is reached.

Going since October with no microwave! Absolutely unacceptable! Between technicians and ordering parts that are always on back order it's ridiculous. Then they say it's fixed and I go to heat up some pizza and guess what, it doesn't work again. Call back up. They refuse to replace it and going back to another month of ordering parts! What's the point of paying for a warranty?? I used to buy all my appliances from Sears but after this I will never again, and I don't recommend buying from them either. They must be going out of business or something cause they obviously don't care about their customers anymore! It's all a scam. They don't close out orders so you can't get to 4 service orders in a calendar year in which they have to replace it, SCAM!! Looks like I won't have a microwave to use for Christmas either!

I used to be an advocate for Sears Home Improvement, but no more. I can honestly see why a company so poor at follow-up customer service (as a part of Sears Holding) is having such poor financial results. We have many of the Home Improvement Products, siding, windows, roof. Installation was fine, and the team was professional - except I should have suspected a problem when they were sometimes hard to get a hold of. Scroll forward a number of years and we have an issue with our window frames peeling. Call, call, call again and again to get a person to talk to us. Promises to call back that were never followed up on. Lo and behold the wonderful "guarantee" we were sold on only covers window panes, but not frames.

A call in December of 2015 left us with a promise from the representative to check with the manufacturer to see if they could do anything about the $500 labor charge that was quoted to us to fix. Unknown to us, the customer representative, who never got back to us, closed our case because apparently the $500 was a limited time offer. Well, we spent most of 2016 spring and summer trying to get Sears to call us back again - "they were in their busy time of the year". Too busy to take care of customers who have spent well over $50,000 with them over the years. Nice.

So, I finally wrote to the MN Attorney General. Now I got some action, but guess what - Sears portrayed everything as our fault - not that they never followed back up with us, not that they made us chase them phone call after phone call, not that they couldn't possibly waive a $500 charge - a fraction of what we've spent with them over the years. In fact, they tried to make my husband out as a gold digger just for asking that they waive the fee. We did eventually get part of the fee waived - around $200 - oh and by the way, it had gone up to $600 by the time they ever called us back. Well - I certainly hope that $400 was worth it to you Sears, because you lost my business completely! No more home improvements with you, no retail shopping, no nothing connected to your line. Customers deserve respect and people who are genuinely interested in doing a good job for them. Sears is NOT that place.

I bought a refrigerator/freezer from Sears in 2012. I had nothing but problems with that refrigerator that was under warranty. After numerous repairs they finally gave me a voucher to get a new refrigerator. Two years after having purchased the first one we got a new refrigerator which is now broken in less than two years. The first refrigerator I had to go without for five weeks, waiting for them to get parts and or replacement. Now I have waited 2 1/2 weeks for repair and got a call today changing it to another week out. They are horrible. Do not use this service ever! They are pathetic!

My experience was simply terrible. It all started from the salesman not assuring that my door would come already reversed at delivery. So I had to deal with them making appointments on their time not mine to come out. When that was unsuccessful I got haggled worst than at a dealership from the reps at the sears home care dept. They tried to bargain me down hundreds of $ to avoid fulfilling my simple request. I just want another refrigerator from the warehouse delivered to me with my request to have the door reversed already. I don't want to wait until the night before to have them give me a time frame that works the next day. I am part of the "working class". I spent at the least 45 minutes having the most frustrating conversation with the most basic people ever. After working 11 hours, that should have been part of my pay for that day. Needless to I'm still not convinced this is resolved.

After realizing that our dryer door couldn't be opened with it facing the direction it is (or washer/dryer are literally in a closet) we called to get it swapped. That was no issue. We got it scheduled for about a week later and were call the night before with our time frame (10am-12pm). I received a phone call at 815am that I missed with no message. Again another call around 935am from the same number, again no message. I called the number back to find it was Sears. The worker rudely cut me off and said he'd have to look at his paperwork and call me back. I said ok. 45 minutes passed and had no callback.

So I tried to call the number back, my call was ignored 3 times. I then called customer service where someone in another country told me they came to my house and no one answered the door. THIS IS COMPLETE LIE, my in laws were over and completely awake waiting in our living room. This person reassured me they could come back today by NOON. It is now past noon and I have heard nothing. Unprofessional, and liars. I will never trust Sears again. If they can't handle a simple repair how could they handle anything else???

Waiting a month now for Sears to send the correct repair person... Paid 239.00 for warranty/in-home service... worthless. After recent experiences with Sears poor quality products I will never shop at Sears again.

I decided to have them come out and fix my stove. I gave them all the information about the stove and that the switch needed replacement for the front burner. They called the people renting from me saying they would not show up unless someone was there with a credit card. I have a Sears card that my wife had but she was working. I called the 800 number and it put me in a call center in India where they asked me all these questions that had nothing to do with my issue. At the end they told me I had to be at the location or they wouldn't show up. I ended up going and the technician within 30 seconds told me I needed a new switch and he brought the part. They charged me $235 for 10 minutes of work. NEVER use them!

Our refrigerator was not freezing. It's an LG 7 years old. Called Sears because I didn't want to use a mom and pop type place since I don't know anyone here. Sears guy came in. Didn't open the back just the front inside. Said we need a compressor and evaporator. Price would be $943.56. I told him no I could buy a new fridge for that price. He told me if I bought a home warranty at $55 a mo for 12 mos I could pay $471.78 and he would use warranty. I agreed. He ordered parts. Came back a week later and put the parts in. (Mind you I paid a $99 diagnostic fee.) Said wait 24 hours for it to cool. Waited, still did not cool. I called Sears again and they sent someone out 4 days later. Repair man came in. Said it needs a condenser...said we're using warranty and won't cost anything... He checked on their site to order and said it's been discontinued. I will get a voucher for another fridge. Someone would contact me.

No one did so I called them and was told there is nothing they can do and I won't be getting a voucher they don't know why I was told that. I called warranty co and was told I can't use warranty for 30 days which was not disclosed to me. If I wanted to cancel I would have to pay them $471 that was paid to Sears for the discount. I now have a refrigerator that does not work, paid Sears & 471 plus I am committed to the warranty at $600! I don't want Sears in my house ever and I am out $1000!

My overall experience trying to get a Kenmore dryer repaired was terrible. I called to make an appointment and was given a window of 1-5 pm. I initially asked for a weekend or evening appointment, but Sears does not offer that as an option. I took the 1-5:00 pm window on a Friday. I was told that the tech would contact me 30 minutes prior to arriving. Sears has an app where you can check on your window to see if any changes are made. My window was changed to 2:30-4:30, then to 3:30-5:30. By 5:00 I received no phone call from a tech.

I contacted customer service and they told me that my window was changed to 5:30-7:30. At that point I thought how nice to have someone sit at home all day, all to be told they were coming in the evening; I started off trying to get an evening appointment so that I did not have to miss work. At 6:00 I called customer service again, and I was told that my appointment was cancelled and that a tech tried to call me to let me know, but could not get through.

Their customer service department is awful, all I got was a lackluster "I apologize for the inconvenience and what we will do for you is give you the next available appointment." After I told them that was unacceptable, they offered me 20% off of my repair, a discount that I already planned on receiving because Sears was offering 20% all in home service repairs. I told the customer service rep that anyone could receive that discount if they printed the coupon from the Sears website. At that point, the manager I was speaking with, told me that was all that they could offer, so basically nothing. I Sat at home all day for nothing. I will never purchase any of my appliances from Sears again, nor will I ever attempt to use Sears for any in home appliance repairs.

When my 2-yr-old Kenmore Elite freezer stopped cooling, my regular appliance repair company said they wouldn't work on Sears/LG appliances so I had to call Sears. After the long phone maze and messages about this call might be recorded...I was connected to a foreign woman I could barely understand. She insisted that I answer her series of irrelevant questions before telling me the first available repair appointment was in two days and I would be obligated to pay $99 + tax whether I liked their estimate or not. The appt time was between 8 and 5. When I asked if I could get a more specific time so I didn't have to stay home all day, she said she would email me an order # so I could check their internet site on that day. She never sent the email; I chose to wait all day rather than go through their phone torture again. The technician finally called at 3:45, mostly to confirm that I was obligated for the $99 charge whether he fixed it or not.

He arrived 30 minutes later. He never stopped listening to loud music through his headphones, never took a tool out of his bag, and never took a cover off the refrigerator. He simply said it was a fan, it would cost $50, he didn't have it, his labor for replacing it would be $300, and his next available time to put it in was 8 days away. I told him it was our only freezer and we needed it. It didn't matter; he had to get the part and that was his first available time. I told him I couldn't wait that long, paid him $108.16 and he left. I'm convinced the technician didn't want to do the work. He preferred making $99 in minutes to lifting a tool. And from the way both he and the foreign woman emphasized I will owe it, I suspect it's Sears strategy to quote high prices and long repair times instead of repairing their appliances. Big mistake buying appliances from Sears.

Your technician came to my house today to fix the refrigerator and he damaged it, scratched it and he left the parts outside cause he is coming back tomorrow to finish the job. He came an hour late. ** this my number. I was not here my wife was. I wish I was here. He is very irresponsible.

Sears Home Services Company Profile