Sears Home Services

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Zero rating is more like it. Called Sears Warranty because I have a whole house warranty and pay $60 a month for it. My heat went out and it was about 15 out, and I have two children in the house. This is my only form of heat. I placed a call at 6 PM on a week night and was passed from a woman in India to a man with a Southern accent who took my information and was very nice trying help find someone to come out. I was on hold for 55 minutes and told by the rep that he was trying to get someone to come out but couldn't guarantee it. What? Why do I pay for this service if you don't have employees who are available to make repairs? He said they use third party vendors. He finally said he found someone to come and do the repair but that person would take at least two hours to get to me, ok fine. Didn't have much of a choice.

We turned on the oven and tried to stay warm. We waited 2 1/2 hours, no one showed. I called the repairman which the Sears rep had given me the number for and asked him how much longer he would be. He said to me that although Sears had called and requested service from him, they were supposed to call him back with my address and phone number, and they never did so. He called them back and the rep he spoke with said she couldn't find any request for someone in my town at all, and since it was past the two hour time, he drove home and was now more than two hours away from me and couldn't come back to do the repair!! This is now after 11 PM.

I called back Sears, gave them the claim number I was given by the first rep, and was told there was no such claim number, oh wait it gets better... She said that number I was given was used months ago for a client in Maryland (I'm in New Jersey), clearly the rep just gave me some random number which by the way I repeated back to him when he gave it to me to make sure I had written it down correctly. So the new rep Tara said she looked me up by my account phone number and told me she had no record that I had ever called and that no service request had been put in for my account at all. By this point I'm so disgusted but she was nice and trying to help so I agreed to wait for yet another repairman to call me, she said no more than a half hour, because she put it in as emergency. You guessed it, again, no show, no call. So I try Sears back and now everyone is gone for the night, so much for 24/7 service.

So I take my two frozen children and go to a hotel for the night. At eight in the morning I get a call from the serviceman saying he'll be to me by 9:30 am, well gee, so glad we didn't wait for him. We would have frozen to death! He comes, looks at the unit, and says he thinks it's the thermostat, that it's covered by my warranty... good news... but I tell him the thermostat is new. I just got a new one from Home Depot a few months ago because my whole house was painted and I wanted a newer one for looks not because there was anything wrong with it. I also had no idea it was covered by warranty but thought it was strange it had a problem already. He says, "Well it's thermostat," and he was just going to call Sears to get approval to replace it. I said ok and went upstairs.

A few minutes later my phone rings. It's Sears rep. Says he just talked to my repair guy and sadly the problem is not covered by the warranty. I said, "Wait. He just told me thermostats are covered." "He says no. Your problem is from the unit being dirty. That is a maintenance issue and not covered." I said, "That's not what the repairman just told me was the problem, hold on," and I walk downstairs with the phone in hand. I said to the repairman, "You just told me it was the thermostat. Now Sears is saying it's a dirty unit?" The repairman says, "Yeah it's really dusty. If you don't believe me get down here and look how dusty it is, that is something that is a maintenance issue." I asked, "Why did you just tell me it was the thermostat?" He said he thought that was it until he saw all the dust on the unit. But cleaning it is not covered, so not only will I have to pay the $100 service call, but also a $250 cleaning fee. What a scam.

Sears covers nothing and if the repairman happens to find something wrong that's not covered, it's great for them because they can charge the customer even more! Don't shop with Sears and what a shame for them because I used to love them when they were a good American company. STAY CLEAR or you'll lose your shirt like I did. I'm adding claim number requested below but note this is a claim number for someone in MD. Hopefully their issue was taken care of without the raping I received.

Wow what lousy customer service! Let me tell you the service technician is lucky that I am a better person than the company he works for!!! I live about an hour and a half from where the technician was traveling from. Let me tell you, I wanted to leave and let him drive all the way to my house and not be there so he would have wasted valuable time like I did! I waited from 8-5:50 for him... my entire day! I called customer service and what little customer service did I receive... I was appalled at how lousy Sears customer service really is! The guy on the phone offered me a $10 gift card, I laughed. Are you kidding me. I don't want your gift card. I want you to improve your service for all customers!!!

Like many of the Sears complaints on this forum, mine too mainly deals with their poor Customer Service. I'm posting this complaint to share my experience and shed any additional awareness as to how poorly Sears can handle their customers when problems do arise. On 10/21/16 I had a scheduled visit by a Sears Home Services AC technician at my residence to check my 22 year old non-working residential R22 central air system. The advertised charge was $69.00 for the visit & diagnosis. I was with the technician during his entire short stay.

Upon conclusion of his visit, he had tested a no charge in the system then visually came to the conclusion that there was a leak in the evaporator coils & recommended a new R410 system due to the age of my system & the phasing out of R22. The technician ask if I would be interested in considering Sears for my new AC install. I said yes because I had used Sears Home Services AC some 10 years ago to replace just the evaporator coil in my other zoned R22 AC unit & was happy with their pricing & work.

He then scheduled a Sears Home Services Sales Rep to come out to my home later that same day. He indicated that his payment was due, I handed him my CC, and upon presenting me the bill I was quite surprised when there was a line item charge of $161.00 for Leak Detection Locate in addition to the agreed upon $69.00 service/diagnostic charge. I questioned the bill immediately for no proper leak detection test was performed nor an estimate given of any additional charge. He responded that it would not be a problem, if I were to choose Sears to install my new AC system, the total amount would be deducted from my AC install cost. If I did not, the $161.00 portion would be credited back.

I later learned that I made the mistake of saying OK. The Sears Sales Rep did arrive later that same day, but my wife & I ultimately decided not to go with Sears because the estimate given for a new AC system was on the high side for the product, it was unclear whether or not the earlier service visit charge actually had been deducted & rep indicated that estimate given was good for that day only! The following Monday, on 10/24/16, I opened a dispute for the deceptive Leak Locate Charge with Sears Customer Solutions. On 10/26/16 I received a call from Sears offering a max credit of $65.00 to which I declined and explained that any partial credit did not resolve the entire deceptive Leak Locate charge. Sears offered no other resolution.

I proceeded to open another dispute with Sears on 11/21/16. Sears response was limited to them sending the area Service Manager an Email to contact me, for only he as I was told was authorized to make such a credit. On 11/22/16 I received a call from the Sears Service Mgr. and he was receptive in hearing my complaint of his Technicians deceptive practice & my credit request for the Leak Locate charge. He indicated that he needed to speak with the Technician & that he would contact me back.

It has been more than two months and I have not heard back. In the interim I had made a number of calls back to Customer Solutions and tried to contact the service manager directly but to no avail. I recently wrote a letter to Sears Executive Customer Relations in Illinois about this situation. Customer Relations did contact me in response to my letter, but were also powerless to do anything other than directing me to call back to Customer Solutions for resolution! All of the Sears Customer Service Reps I spoke with were both cordial & receptive to my problem, but had no direct power to neither fully resolve any billing issue nor pursue such issue on the customer's behalf. For their ongoing financial woes, looks like Sears is not only being mismanaged at the higher levels, but lower as well. It's a shame that such an American mainstay company as Sears is nearing its end.

Had an appointment scheduled between 1-5. Took off work, tech called at 2:50 saying he will be there between 4 and 5. At 3:50 he calls back and says that he will not be able to make it. Then he tells me that I have to call the service center to see if someone else can come out. After speaking with three hard to understand customer service reps, they say they cannot get someone out today. Very unhelpful and I will not do business with any Sears affiliated company again.

As I write this review, I can see from the other reviews, I am not the only one Sears has scammed in 1 way or another. My horrific episode w/ Sears begins when I called them about the issue I was having with my dryer. I could power it up, drum light would come on, but as soon as I chose my heating setting and pressed Start, it would make a humming sound. So, the Repair Solutions dept scheduled an initial appt, which ended up having to be rescheduled because the tech was running so far behind that day.

When I finally got a tech out to my house, I told him and showed him the issue I was having w/ the dryer. He borrowed my step ladder and opened the top of the dryer, then connected a little device to it. Then he proceeded to explain what he thought the issue was and printed an estimate for the labor and parts required to fix the issue. The estimate said the heating element needed to be replaced and it would cost me $613.11 + $79 to complete the job. I declined the estimate because I figured I could get a brand new dryer for that price (with a warranty). He told me I would still be responsible for the $79 because he did the diagnostic service.

I paid him and he left. Then I spoke to a neighbor of mine, who recommended another local appliance repair company. Called them and a tech stopped by that evening. I described the same issue to him and showed him the Sears repair estimate and he was unclear why the Sears tech had recommended replacing the heating element. He proceeded to remove the lint filter grid (inside the dryer) and remove tons of lint which had collected underneath the drum. He uncovered 2 safety pins which had been stretched open and suggested these may have gotten hung under the drum causing it not turn. When he tested the dryer, it immediately started working again and has been for days now without any further issues.

I called Sears to complain that I believe the Sears tech had given me a false estimate and to request a refund of my $79. I was told by multiple departments and reps that it was non-refundable and there was no one who could make an exception at Sears. I was even told by 1 Sears rep that she was the highest ranking person in the department and they were not willing to make an exception.

I've also been hung up on twice during this whole ordeal. No one... and I mean no one cares about good customer service anymore. Basically, Sears came out to my house and gave me a false estimate for repair and took my $79. I work hard for my money and don't like it when I am ripped off by anyone... especially a company like Sears. The only thing I got in exchange for my $79 was a lie and a ton of stress. Well, I hope Sears is happy with that $79 because they have earned my attention and time to share my terrible experience with every review website and person I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

No Show Tech - lost day of work & unbelievable response from Sears. We have been without a functioning oven for months and now have to wait an additional 2 weeks. Tech never showed or called. It's our daughter's birthday and we will be reliant on store-bought goods. Our oven went out in December. It took weeks for Sears to send a technician. He assessed the control panel was bad. We paid in full for the part, that day's service and his return visit to install the part. The part arrived weeks before his installment appointment. I waited at home the day of the appointment. Called once, was assured he was coming. Called at 7 PM to be told he was not coming and that they could have someone here in TWO weeks. I have a house full of girls for my daughter's birthday and have to continuously run to the neighbors to prepare food. Keep in mind, to their advantage, the service was paid in advance.

Sears repair service is unbelievably awful! We bought a new washer and dryer from them a little over a year ago and both had issues from the start that required multiple service appointments. The issue on the washer was the door wouldn't stay shut to start the wash cycle. The technician that came out told me he had done everything he could do and we would just have to wait for the rubber lining to soften with time and it would get better. I asked him how that was going to work because if it didn't get better, by the time I would be calling it would be out of warranty.

His response was that even if I called within the warranty time there was nothing else that he could do to try to fix it. He said that since it was a documented issue that they hadn't been able to remedy while it was under warranty- actually within the first month, that it would be covered at no charge. Since that time we have been holding the washer door shut every we want to wash clothes and now it stopped working and will not lock in order to start the cycle. Sears Repair Services' response? "We're sorry you're out of warranty and you'll have to pay". No regard for what the service man told us even though it's in the record! Just a warning. If I were you I would not buy from Sears!

Scheduled a repair for my 1 year old front load washer and was given a time between 8 am and 5pm. Took off of work and waited all day. The only contact I had with Sears was when I called them. Repairman never showed or called. When I called to complain to Sears I was told that they were sorry and would reschedule meaning would have to take another day off and hope that they showed. Went with a local repairman who gave me an exact appointment time and had the repair done in no time.

I scheduled a non-warranty appointment with Sears Home Services to fix my GE Profile refrigerator which was no longer cooling. The schedulers were polite and were able to get a repair person out in two days. The technician came as scheduled and diagnosed the problem as a bad inverter. He did not have the part on the truck so he placed an order for it. We paid for the part and the service call, and he said to call when the part came in to schedule another appointment. The part took over a week to arrive, it was sent USPS. A different technician came back to install the part. He installed it, and said it would take up to 24 hours for the refrigerator to get to temperature. I questioned him on it because it didn't seem like it was cooling. He assured me it was working fine. 24 hours later, the refrigerator is still at room temperature.

We paid over $600 for the part, diagnostics, and labor, and 2 weeks later still do not have a working refrigerator. We also found out that the company charged us over $300 for the part that was supposedly bad, when you can order it directly from Sears for $130. We are now waiting for them to come back to start all over again, but have no confidence that they will diagnose the real problem, will not overcharge us if they have to order yet another part, and don't have any idea how much longer we will be without a refrigerator. We have called our credit card company to dispute the original charges. We will not be using Sears again after this.

I've submitted 2 claims in the past 2 years. The first one was for a furnace repair in mid-Winter. Temperatures were below zero here and I was told they would send someone out within 24 hours. It took a week for them to determine they didn't have anyone in their program and I'd have to find someone myself... then it took almost 3 months to get the parts authorized, paid for, and installed. I had to pay the bill myself, and was eventually reimbursed six months later.

The second was for an electric water heater (very simple install). They contracted with MY PLUMBER in Buffalo, NY, who did not show up until the 2nd scheduled appointment. I was told that the water heater was leaking, could not be repaired, and that they were requesting a replacement through the warranty. The technician said it would take a couple of days to get an authorization and up to a week to receive the replacement water heater. After two weeks, I called and was told they had not yet received it (this was around Christmas so I gave the benefit of the doubt on the timing).

A week later I was told it was still not in, so I called Sears Home Warranty and was told there was no request from the technician. I called MY PLUMBER and was told that it was on order and would take about a week. I called Sears Home Warranty and was told they'd just called and just placed the request (nearly four weeks after it was supposedly done).

Scheduled to be home for the installation - no show... Late call... "Can't make it today... Will come next week." Arrives on Friday mid-day. Installs new water heater and tries to upsell a simple valve "normally $299, but we'll do it for $149" (a $10 part). Installation takes a couple of hours and I'm told it will take a while for the water to heat up. I wait until the following morning --- no hot water. Call MY PLUMBER "Oh, we'll have to send someone out". Scheduled for Monday... late in day called to say can't come. Arrives Tuesday morning... determines water heater is defective and that it needs a part. Technician says he checked with the office and they can't do any more until I contact Sears Home Warranty and get them to approve a repair or replacement.

Sears Home Warranty called and told that MY PLUMBER (actual company name is 72 Degrees Heating and Cooling in Tonawanda NY) must call for an authorization and they have the number. Still no hot water. A lot of finger pointing going around. I asked Agent at Sears Home Warranty what she could do and was told that I needed to contact 72 Degrees Heating and Cooling and get them to contact authorizations.

In Nov 2015 we purchased a Kenmore model 26370349417. Beginning of January 2017 I made my 1st service call. The technician showed up, determined he needed to order the part for lcd panel. I told him at the time that the refrigerator was also making a popping sound. I was told that this model is kinda noisy, not to worry about it. 1 week later I hear a loud pop and the freezer temp begins to go up. Constant alarms (temperature overheating) a few hours later the temperature in the refrigerator is over heating. When I called in, the woman I spoke with, gave me a hard time scheduling another appointment because I already had a repair ticket scheduled. After speaking to someone else, appointment was scheduled for today Jan 23, 2017. The technician determined a bad inverter/relay. Had to order a part and scheduled service for Jan 31 2017.

All my food went bad and had to be thrown out, and now I'll be without a refrigerator for almost two weeks. They'll replace the food, but I have to send an itemized list & total. I think I should also be given reimbursement for time and suffering. We'll have to eat out 3 times a day for as long as it takes to get it repaired or replaced. I'll never in my life buy another product from Sears! If I could I'd give it back. This is the worst service ever!

I purchased a Bosch double wall oven from Sears 3 years ago. When the oven broke in November, I called Sears to repair it. They talked me into a Sears Home Warranty and told me that they would come and repair my oven, and if any appliance in my home needed repair, they would repair and replace if necessary. Since I bought my oven at Sears, they said the tech would have the parts. After waiting 8 hours (although a 4 hour window was assigned, they sent a tech who said he needed a second person to remove the oven). After waiting another week, they then said they needed to order parts. After the third week they repaired it, and it worked again for exactly two days. The process then started over. We waited for an appointment. The tech showed 3 hours after the 4 hour assigned window, and said he needed to order parts.

After the parts arrived and we waited again more than 4 hours, the tech showed and said he needed a second person to lift the oven, so we waited again for another appointment. After waiting a week for an appointment, the tech came 4 hours after the end of the 4 hour window and repaired it again. Two weeks later, the oven smelled like an electrical fire. We waited again, for an appointment for a diagnosis and then again for parts.

During all of this, the customer service representatives were completely unhelpful in expediting the waiting period between tech visits. The tech who is standing in my kitchen right now is disgruntled and telling me that it's the broiler unit that needs to be fixed, "but, they are telling me to replace the board, so that's what I'm doing and you will probably see me again." Well, no. I won't see him again and I will sue SEARS for my warranty money back before I have another frustrating experience and allow another tech into my home.

Summary of my problem- Dec. 26th - called Sears to request a service call due to dryer getting excessively hot. (The dryer is 10 years old so we know when it is not operating properly.) Dec. 29th or 30th - Service technician comes in to check dryer. He worked on it for a while. He left with sort of a sorry about your luck attitude. He said to keep using it. That would have meant ruining many loads of clothes and having to stop and start the dryer every 5-10 minutes to keep clothes from getting too hot. The dryer continued to overheat- the smell was very noticeable and the clothing was too hot to touch. We called to request service again. Jan. 3rd - Another technician came and figured out the problem. A part was ordered. A new service call was scheduled to install the part. Service call was scheduled for January 16th.

Jan. 11th - The part arrived. We had not had a dryer to use for several weeks so my husband installed the part. Jan. 15th - I chatted with someone on the Sears website to cancel the service call. He guaranteed 30,000 points would be added to our Shop Your Way account. The points are not on there yet. Jan. 16th - I was on hold waiting for a rep for 1 hour. My phone went dead so I gave up. I used the chat feature again with someone due to the fact that the searspabenefits.com site was not functional to make a claim. This time the person guaranteed that I would receive $50 reimbursement. Jan. 17th and Jan. 19th - I got an e-mail saying that the $50 reimbursement would not be honored. This is a terrible way to do business. We have bought two warranties on this dryer.

I called Sears on 12/8/2016 to schedule a repair on my oven that wouldn't heat over 250 degrees. First available appointment was 12/19/2016, inconvenient but okay, fine. Technician showed up and said he needed to order a part and rescheduled us for 12/30/2016 between 8 and 12. On 12/30 at 2:00 I called to get an eta on the Tech only to be told I didn't have an appointment that day, I had been rescheduled for 1/9/2017. Mind you no one told me that and we are now a month after my initial call. Tech shows up 1/9/2017 but the part he ordered doesn't fix the problem, we need to order a different part. He reschedules us for 1/23/2017.

I called tonight 1/19/2017 to get an update since the new part hasn't arrived. The Customer Service Rep I spoke with tells me I'm not scheduled for 1/23/2017 and she can't put me on the books until the part arrives. Fine, that makes sense, so I asked when the part was ordered to which she answers she doesn't know, she just schedules appointments. I ask to speak to someone who does know when it was ordered. She tells me there's no one who can tell me. I asked for a Supervisor and she told me my request to speak to a Supervisor is denied because it's not a valid request. What does that even mean? So here I am 6 weeks without a working oven and no idea if or when it will be fixed. How are they still in business??? Wish I could give zero stars.

Purchased a $7000.00 boiler system on 8/28/2015. Middle of September 2015, received a call from the project coordinator, David **, that he would like to send the plumber by to make sure of the measurements on the boiler as it will be installed in a small closet and he wants to make sure it will fit. Sent the plumber by and he verified that the boiler they are installing will fit. Early October, 2015 the plumber brought it up to the third floor where I live and tried to install the boiler into the closet. Lo and behold, the boiler was too big for the closet and it stuck out so I was unable to close the door. Asked me if there was a problem with it sticking out of the closet. I replied "yes", and refused the system as I said to him, "both you and the salesman measured this unit and said it would fit. I did not pay $7000.00 for a boiler system that sticks out into the room. Take it back and rectify the problem."

They got in touch with David ** who in turn got in touch with me and said he will have to look for a unit that will have to be placed on the wall of the closet but it could be more money. I politely said to him that I am not going to pay any more money for a boiler system that both salesman and plumber confirmed that unit would fit. David said he would like to come out and look at the situation, for which he did. He found another boiler system, ordered it and now into November, made arrangements for it to be installed.

Finally toward the end of November, 2015 the boiler was installed. Three weeks later (now we are in December 2015) the boiler system stops running. David sends the plumber back and the plumber said he needed to add water (mind you, to an automatic water feed system) to the boiler. Got the system to run again. So the system seems to be working good for the winter months of 2016. (Jan., Feb., March) Go through the spring, summer, and into the fall not needing heat. Come into early November 2016, the system shuts down again. Called David again and he sent out a different plumber to check the system. The plumber wasn't sure what was going on with the system but somehow got it to work.

Now knowing I am having all these problems with the system and the one year warranty is to expire around November 23, 2016 (That was how long it took from purchase 8/28/2016 to install on 11/23/2015) I decide to purchase a 3 year warranty for $345.00. Now I am into this system for $7345.00 for a system that keeps faulting out. There were few more shutdowns of the system thru December 2016 and January 2017. On January 17, 2017 the system once again shuts down and now it is leaking water, so I need to place a bucket under the leak.

I call David **, the project coordinator once more for him to set up a service call ASAP as it is mid winter, I have no heat and the system is leaking water and I am concerned about the pipes freezing. He tells me that since the system is now over a year old that he does not handle the account anymore and does not have access to place a service call. I would have to call the Service Tech Department (800-469-4663) and walk thru the automated system. I do so and I get disconnected as I said the system was less than a year ago.

Call David back, tell him the situation. He said he could possibly get in touch with the service area rep for my area, but doesn't have his number and will have to wait until the service rep comes in the office. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I told him that I have a disabled senior living there and they need heat asap. He could not, and would not help me. So now I call back the Service Tech department and tell them the boiler is over a year old and the automated service sends me to (finally) a human.

I explain the situation and tell them I have the extended warranty and need service immediately as I have a disabled elderly senior there and need heat right away. So she puts me on hold and comes back with a service date of 1/30/2017. I said to her "that is 12 days without heat?" The system is also leaking water and have to keep a bucket under the leak and I also have to worry about the pipes freezing. She put me on hold again to see if she could get a sooner date. Was unable to as they were all backed up on service calls (what does that tell you!). Again, I said this was an emergency and there has to be someone else that can help with the situation. She told me that since I have the extended warranty, I could call the Master Protection Department (800-827-6655) and they could probably set me up with a heater loaner. Well if someone can come out with a heater, someone can come out to fix the problem.

Before I get off the phone with her, she has the audacity to ask me if I would be interested in another extended warranty for my refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and air-conditioner? "Are you kidding me?" I said to her. "I can't even get help from the extended warranty on my boiler system and you have a lot of gall to even consider mentioning another extended warranty. What is wrong with you!!!" And I hang up disgusted and quite angry.

So now I call the Master Protection department and of course I get no help from them at all. No even a heater loaner. So here I am, paid $7345.00 to Sears for a boiler system and a 3 year extended warranty and I have no heat and the problem is still not resolved and I have to wait until January 30, 2017. Mind you, the boiler system went down on 1/17/2017. Never again will I give Sears dime of my money and I will pursue this further even legal if I have to. Sears Home improvement Job ** dated 8/28/2015.

Sears Home Services make you feel like you made a wise choice when you buy it and make your initial claim. Then when you make your 2nd claim, look out, then it gets real ugly. Our 2nd claim was for our Maytag washing machine. It took so many phone calls to one number than another. They keep sending around in a circle. It took them 9 days to say they would replace the washer with a GE worth $366.00 or we could take the credit towards a machine of our choice at Sears. We took the credit and then we were told we had to have a Sears manager and myself sign a copy of the receipt and send it to them before any credit would be issued. The Sears manager and salesmen never heard of such a thing but agreed to do it.

I sent the copy to Home Services and here we go again. The gal I talked to could not send or receive emails so I had to call the first number for their service claim and went round and round again. The machine they offered us for our Maytag washer which cost $750.00 new was junk compared to ours. Their communications are pathetic (telephone or emails). In talking with the store manager and salesmen all agreed the 3rd party Home Services are terrible in every way. Do not buy it.

Frustrated, disappointed customer. How dare you all allowed for your technical assembly bike and did not make sure it was working before they left my home. It was already assembled when he arrived at my home. His exact words was "it only take 20 mins to put this bike together". Well I see he don't know what he was doing because it's not working. You all did not allow them to come back either which you all should have. Now I have until Tuesday for someone to come out to re assemble my bike when you should have had someone come out sooner. I'm pissed off. This how you treat your customers. It's sad. Never again. I hope Tuesday January 24th my bike will be up and running. Poor service.

I scheduled for a Sears repair tech to come to my home between the hours of 10-2 pm. I specified to the scheduler that I need an appt early in that window time and she said that she will make a note for tech to guarantee a morning time. My appt was scheduled for today. It is now 2 pm and I called scheduling to get an update. I was greeted by an combative, unprofessional and rude scheduler. She refused to reschedule me for another day and also refused to get an supervisor on the line. The technician came at 2:10 pm and luckily he was fast and efficient. When asked why he came so late, he told me that I was never on his schedule to begin with!!! Spoke with someone in customer service and all they can do is apologize. Not good enough! This is a chronic problem. Sears' scheduling repair department is unprofessional, rude and obnoxious. Last time I will buy any appliance from Sears. It is not worth the aggravation!

Called Sears to set an appointment for the repair of my washing machine. It took a week before they could come out to look at it. Then after they came out and diagnosed it they said the part had to be ordered and I had to pay for most of the bill up front. It's now been two more weeks waiting on the part to arrive and it hasn't so they called me and rescheduled my repair appointment for another week. That's going to end up being a grand total of a month just to get a simple repair done. At this point I have doubts it will even be fixed by then. When I call them to get answers I am connected with an out of state communication hub network not the actual people responsible for my repairs. Some tech support was supposed to call me back but never did. I am frustrated and angry.

In February 2016, my husband and I purchased just under 5,000 dollars worth of appliances from Sears for our new home with delivery set for March 30, 2016. These included a Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator/Freezer along with the Master Service Agreement Plan, and a washer and dryer. On January 1st, 2017 in the evening, the refrigerator started making an unusual noise. Lo and behold the next morning the refrigerator and freezer were no longer cold and the frozen food was partway thawed.

On January 2nd, I contacted Sears Home Services to schedule an appointment to have it checked. Was told the first available appointment was for January 20th. We were told to call back the next morning to see about getting service sooner since this day was technically the New Year's holiday and the service place was closed. I did call back the next morning only to reach a snotty little witch who said "you already have an appointment scheduled for 20th" without even giving me a chance to tell her I was told to call back. Since I had to leave for a dr appointment, I had my husband call them back again to find out how to get a rental or something because I have medicine that needs to be refrigerated. After about an hour on the phone the guy did give us reward points to add to our current rewards that we could use to buy a mini fridge. Or the other alternative was to get a 50 dollar check so we could buy ice for a cooler... REALLY???

So, we marched ourselves to the local Sears store to purchase the mini fridge and encountered a salesperson who said since we had bought it through them they could escalate the appointment. He did some paperwork and the next day I received an e-mail indicating the appointment had been moved to January 6th. Great, right??? Not hardly! The technician showed up on the 6th and determined that the compressor was bad (on a not even a year old refrigerator) and of course, he did not have one on the truck. So, he had to place an order for it and some computer board thing and advised me that it would be shipped to us and then we had to call to set up an appointment to get it installed. Well we did receive the shipment but the same night he ordered it we received notice that we were scheduled for the repair to be done on January 27th. What happened to us calling when the stuff got here to get an appointment.

Now many calls in to the Sears Home Services call center and all we are getting is they don't have any technicians available until the 27th, but "we will put you on our emergency call list and someone should be there between January 12th and the end of the day January 14th." Well that didn't happen... Still nothing. How these bozos can be allowed to continue selling these agreements without available service technicians is beyond me. And, it's getting a bit annoying dealing with the rude call center employees who probably are halfway around the world reading a scripted response.

No way in hell should these parts be allowed to sit in my house for two weeks without someone coming back to install them. Sorry, but those who have parts should get service before new incoming calls. And, if Sears Home Services can't handle the Sears Customers because they are providing service for other stores, that is not my problem. If I bought a product at Sears and have a contract with Sears Home Services I should get first priority.

Totally frustrated at this point... Can't find a live body with any common sense to talk to and can't find good information on who to escalate this to within this company. Again went back to the store to see if they could escalate and still nothing. At this point if they can't get someone here to service this less than one year old refrigerator they should either refund our money including the cost of the service agreement or give us a new refrigerator. Believe me, I will never buy another thing from Sears or its affiliates. And to those contemplating buying appliances from them, run... as fast as you can. Find a little mom and pop store that sells appliances and deal with them... Wish I had done that now.

Updated on 01/27/2017: Yep, so one day before the scheduled date to get this refrigerator repaired (27 days after first called in and 2 weeks after parts were received at my house) we get an email saying we need to call immediately to reschedule. I didn't ask to reschedule so I called and was told the service technician called in sick for his Friday schedule. Huh, it's Thursday afternoon and he has called in sick for Friday. What the heck? And now they are telling me that the first available appointment to reschedule to is February 22, 2017. Almost two months. Unbelievable.

Somebody needs to figure out how to get these people to do their jobs. We have paid for a service contract and now can't get the work done. And, if they cancel, then they need to bump everyone. Not move the ones on that day to the end of the line. Sorry, this is just disgusting. If you are in the market to buy... DON'T BUY FROM SEARS AND DON'T BUY THE SERVICE PROTECTION AGREEMENT... it's a big, fat scam!

HELP!!! Seems to me the consumer affairs folks should be looking into this. It's time for all those affected to file a class action suit! Who the heck can be without a refrigerator for over a month??? Oh and I don't understand why everytime I get called or an email the dang service number keeps changing. I THINK THAT IS PART OF THE SCAM TOO.

On January 4, 2017, I scheduled an appointment with Sears Home Services to come service my GE Profile gas dryer. The appointment given by Sears was for the technician to arrive at my home between 10am and 2pm on Friday January 13, 2017. A confirmation email was received on January 4, 2017 with the reference order number. I waited from before 10am to 9:55pm on January 13, 2017 and received NO SERVICE!

I waited patiently until close to 2pm before I looked on their track real-time updates service tool; the online tool said that my service time slid to 3:45-5:45pm. I called Sears to confirm the new time slot. I was not pleased that Sears missed the four-hour window that they gave, but at least I was able to pick up my kid from school before the new window began. At 2:37pm, I received a call from a dispatcher that informed me that the technician was ten minutes away. I informed the dispatcher that I was picking up my kid since I was given a new window for service.

When I arrived back at home at 3:30pm, I called Sears; they confirmed that the technician will be calling shortly. At 4:43pm, the technician called to say that he was delayed at a customer in downtown Brooklyn, and he will not get to me today. I called Sears and they said the driver's comments were not correct; a supervisor will call me back and my order can be moved to another driver. I called Sears again at about 6:30pm when I did not get a return call. I was told that though my window was now 6:15-8:15pm, I will definitely get service today. I called Sears at 8:00pm and I was told the technician will be calling me shortly. My last call to Sears was at about 9:44pm; I was told that a supervisor will be calling me to reschedule the appointment as the service will not be provided tonight.

I called Sears after my 2 year old Samsung Washer broke down. I bought the machine along with an extended 5 year warranty, thank goodness. The first tech showed up and told us that he wasn't there to diagnose the machine, rather to "assess the problem". He left without fixing the machine, assuring us that the next tech will be doing that job.

After 2 weeks, the second tech showed up. He seemed to us to be in a hurry and want to be somewhere else. Anyway, he blamed the plumbing connected to the machine and also the said he'd need to replace the drain pump. He ordered the pump and said another tech is coming to install it. He said to have a plumber check the plumbing. The part will take another week.

I had a plumber check everything and he said it was fine. Afterwards, I called Sears and spoke with Danny, a service manager. I explained to him my frustration and also asked him to send another tech to look into the problem. I had a feeling that the second tech didn't do his work properly. Danny told me that I have to wait for the parts and to call them to schedule an appointment. He said it wasn't their procedure to send another tech.

The parts arrive after a week, and the third tech showed up 4 days later. He seemed to be knowledgeable. He said there's nothing wrong with the drain pump and that it was misdiagnosed. He said the problem was the 4 dampers. He said that he needs to order the parts. He said it'll take a week but arranged with me what the most convenient time to come return. We agreed on Friday, Jan. 13, between 1PM-5PM.

Today is Jan 13. I called Sears, and was told by the automated phone system that my schedule is set on Jan 17! I asked to speak to a representative. The call center transferred me to Home Services and put on hold. It's been 1 hour since I've been placed on hold. After 1 1/2 hours, Linn responded and I told her what the problem was. She came back telling me that there is a problem on the line and she hung up. I am so disappointed with Sears Home Services.

I purchased an extended warranty for my GE microwave/convection from Sears 2 months ago. I scheduled a repair the same day and have been waiting for Sears to send an educated technician to repair a manufacturing and design problem with this MV ever since. One the first two visits, the problem was incorrectly diagnosed. Since then, Sears cancelled two appointments on the day of the appointment and each time, they rescheduled it for 10 days later. Sears was unable to prioritize appointments they cancelled, which makes no sense. So I have been without a microwave for over 40 days and all Sears can say is "Sorry". What a bunch of jokers. It's time to get a refund and get help locally. Sears is terrible. No wonder they are in such dire financial straits!!!

I was totally unprepared to deal to Sears home repairs customer service today. It felt like a wild, 3rd World country experience with all kind of technical challenges and dropped calls, and unqualified reps. It all started last week when I had a repairs appt for 2 appliances. A tech arrived on time and was really good. He fixed my oven. And he told me that the cooktop part that is needed is no longer available and needs to be researched (whatever that means). Fine, I thought, I can wait. Bear in mind, I paid $250 x 2 for repairs ahead of time.

Today I decided to check on what's going on. (It's been more than a week with no status updates.) A day before I received an email about my service appt (how everything went, etc.) and decided to call the number provided in the email 18883018290 to make sure that my cooktop part may still going to get to me. I called that number 7 (!!!) times today, wasted close to 2 hours. The first 4 calls went like that: waited for 5 minutes, talked to a rep who transferred me to a "technical specialist" who also put me on hold for 5 min and then hang up on me.

Now, I understand that calls can get disconnected. But 4 (!!!) times in a row, and not a single rep calling me back after I spent time verifying my contact info including my phone number??? Reps # 3 and 4 explained that they can only take inbound calls and cannot call out. Really, Sears, really??? If you have problematic phone connection lines, maybe reps should be able to call back?? Other companies do it all the time!! Anyway, call #5 was interesting. Initial rep transferred me into a different department, I think it was Extended Warranties. They could not find my order at all, transferred me somewhere else, and you guessed it... dropped the call!!! Call #6 went like the first 4. I got transferred to a "technical specialist" who I thought was finally going to help me.

I needed 2 things: to reorder a $3.56 part for the oven and figure out what's going to happen with the cooktop part that could not be replaced and needed to be researched. The rep explained to me that to reorder the $3.56 oven part I needed to schedule another repairs appt, which means that I have to waste another 4 hours to wait for the tech to come back. Why??? I declined that offer. Then I got transferred to yet another "Benefits Department" and my phone was put on mute. The new Benefits rep hang up on me in about 1 min despite of me yelling "Hello!" The final attempt came after 5 p.m. and went the same way as the first 4.

Here is the most interesting part. In the evening I decided to try the chat function. The same issues were resolved in about 15 min including ordering the $3.56 part which is now supposed to come in the mail in 6-8 business days without a tech coming back. And the cooktop part is still "being researched." Bottom line: The whole experience was just so bizarre! I will do my best to never deal with Sears home services again!

My oven went out on 12/24. I called Sears home service because I have only had the oven 8 months. I have a 3 year warranty that is suppose to cover lemons or if it can't be fixed it will be replaced. I keep getting placed on hold. They are telling me after 2 weeks that the part is on backorder until 01/30 over a month later. I was also told they are looking for a part. I have tried to explain that "if you can't find the part and it's on backorder why can't you replace it like the warranty says." I was told I have to wait 21 days before a replacement can be issued. Sears Home Service is a joke and they do not care how their unprofessionalism affects the consumer.

I called Sears to repair my LG washer/dryer combo. I explained to customer service I had already gotten an estimate for my machine and there was no need for someone to come out and do the same. I told customer service that I would need my bearing replaced and my tub which I've already looked it up on their website and the cost was little to nothing, washer bearing $26.99 which they told me $34.00 as well for the outer tub, but on their website the tub cost $167.49 so I decided to go along with a technician to come out for a low estimated cost of $79.00. On the day of my scheduled appointment technician (Julian) told me that they don't replace bearing so they would have to replace the whole thing which is the rear tub and basket and the cost will be over $1,100 but was told by customer service the whole job should cost me less than $400-600.

Technician (Julian) said they don't warranty machines after 10 years and LG machine parts are very expensive and something still can go wrong after they fix it, it can break and fall apart anytime and it's not worth it, to work on the machine alone it will take about 3 to 4 hours, it's a big job and asked if I wanted to waste my money on getting this machine fixed. They will do it but he wouldn't even spend $500 on this machine if he was me he said, so he suggest I cancel the repair or if I change my mind about the cost for them to fix it, I can call back and have them come out... I was so furious after I spoke to him I called Sears customer service back to relay the message to one of the supervisors and they was very vague.

I clearly asked them if they replace bearing and they told me yes but the technician Julian told me no. I let them hear the recording of the conversation and supervisor Franco had nothing to say but sorry. I would never use this company again. I actually bought my machine from these guys and I spent well over $2,000 for it when washer/dryers combos first came out on the market. I wish I would had seen the complaints about this company before I called them but I will make sure it will never happen again. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Please beware of using Sears Home Repairs as these people are simply awful and do NOT provide any meaningful means to get resolution if they screw up (which is very often). Using Sears Home Services forces you into their Call Center for everything and their call center is staffed with very limited power and information. I had a service call scheduled for my washing machine. It was scheduled between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. It took 4-days to get this scheduled. No one showed up and no one called.

I called their call center (1-800 line) at 2:30 pm and got an automated response which said that a tech would show up between 2:45 pm and 4:45 pm. Again, no one showed up and no one called. I again called their 1-800 number. Now I was told that "no one was available" and I needed to reschedule my appointment. The earliest open appointment was 4-days later. I asked to talk to someone in authority but they could not/would not connect me. I should add that my washing machine is under warranty with Sears. This is NOT my first experience like this with Sears. They are the MOST INCOMPETENT service organization I've ever worked with. Needless to say, if you're reading this, save yourselves frustration and go elsewhere. Sears In House Service is simply AWFUL!

I had appointment scheduled for Sears to fix my refrigerator and they did not call or show up. I then called to see why and all they wanted to know is what my secondary phone number was and I asked why they needed a secondary number when they can't call the primary number. I finally set up a new appointment for today and they called and said it's not under warranty. (I purchased the master service plan). The service guy was willing to work with me. He went to another job while I fought with Ron ** at the Illinois call center until he finally hung up on me.

The technician actually made a call and got it straighten out on his end to actually do the work. This is the second refrigerator they replaced. The first one and this one is doing the exact same thing as the old one. I have had them numerous times not show up in the past and today is first time a service guy actually ever called before they showed up. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!!! Go to a local appliance company to do business.

I opened a Service Request under my Sears Master Services Agreement with Sears on December 9th, 2016 to schedule a repair on our Kenmore Front loading washer. I explained that the door hinge was broken and provided the Washer and hinge part numbers. I also stated the washer had been leaking prior to the door hinge breaking. An appointment was scheduled for December 19th, 2016 between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. The Technician arrived at our home late. He verified the hinge was broken and stated he would have to order the hinge, to be delivered to our house, and he would be back January 3rd, 2017 to make the repair. My wife asked if he was going check the leak to which he answered it was caused by the broken hinge despite my wife's insistence that the leak was occurring well before the broken door hinge.

So we had waited 10 days just to have someone confirm what we had already said. As a result, my wife had to make several trips to the local laundromat where she spent over $80.00 to wash our clothes. We received the new hinge December 22nd, 2016 so I called the Repair center again and they said they could not move our service appointment up due the high volume of service requests in our area. I have called several more times in an attempt to get the repair moved up sooner to avail. I also inquired if I could change the hinge and was advised that if I did the door and associated parts would no longer be covered under our agreement.

It simply does not make any sense that we should have to wait 30 Days to have a hinge replaced. Thank God I didn't need a refrigerator or furnace repaired. We, like so many others, paid for our protection agreement in good faith. This has been an absolutely frustrating experience. Sears brags on your agreement website that you offer the Guaranteed BEST Coverage in the industry. This obviously does not take into count Total Time of a repair. Your website also states, "If we can't fix your kitchen or laundry appliance on our first service visit, we'll provide rental reimbursement up to $50 if your product is unusable." This was never mentioned by anyone on the phone or by the technician. I must have spoken to a minimum of 15-20 different representatives on the phone while being passed around like yesterday's newspaper. I would think we should qualify for the $50 reimbursement fee to cover the laundromat costs.

Today, January 3, 2017, we take another slap in the face as our Service appointment was moved back 2 more days. After already waiting nearly a month to get a simple hinge replaced on our washer. I had been previously told our service request was being added the Sears Sooner Service list which appears to be simply a pacification and with no real value. I feel the promised $100.00 should be honored as we have spent a minimum of $80.00 now at the laundromat since we opened our service request. I further request that the $100.00 be sent in the form of a check. I have been a Sears customer most of my Adult life and will never purchase another Sears alleged Service Agreement. Furthermore, I will likely discontinue purchasing any Sears home appliance product going forward as well.

A project that should have taken less than a week took over a month to complete. The crew that came to the house was juggling two projects so mine was pretty much only when they had time. I feel like I'm paying $12,000 for just a bathtub and vanity replacement and got $4000 worth of work. They used my personal Dyson to clean up after themselves when they demoed the bathroom, that is not at all ok to use my Dyson to clean up plaster, drywall and whatever else they chose. They installed a faulty bathtub faucet that was leaking and tried to tell me the project was complete. The first day they were supposed to be there at 8 didn't arrive till after 1 pm.

Every day after that they would say they would be there at 9 am or so and wouldn't show until after 11 am. They say they custom order everything so it fits your bathroom perfect, but yet the new vanity was too small leaving a gap that had to be filled with a spacer which looks horrible. I had to ask the guys back to recaulk the tub because the first time they did it it looked like someone ran filthy fingers across the white caulk. When they were taking out the old bathtub and tile they messed the wall up and had to patch it which in the process they got plaster or drywall all over my brand new toilet which they didn't even try to clean up, nor did they try and smooth the wall out where they had to make repairs, I had to point that out to them and ask that it be fixed.

It's just sad when you say you are a remodel expert and I have to ask you to go over and do everything over because it looks half-ass done. When they were taking out the old bathtub and vanity they did not cover the vent on the bathroom floor nor did they try and clean it after so now it's filled with dust, dirt and pieces of plaster from all the work they did. They broke the frame on the door next to the shower and just thought it was ok to patch it up rather than replace what they broke, they also broke a baseboard and just patched it rather than replacing. The week of Thanksgiving is the first time they tried to say they were complete with the job and I had a lot of concerns about how it did not look complete to me.

They had I guess the people that release the funds call me and ask if the job was complete and at first I told them no and either the project manager's wife or the installers was on the line trying to force me to say yes it was complete even though it wasn't, I repeatedly said "no there is still work needing done" and the other person on the phone would argue with me. I thought that was very unprofessional and will never use Sears for that reason again. They left a big box of trash in my driveway over a week saying they would be back to get it. Finally 12. 31.16 we got the correct replacement faucet installed. Will never recommend. Thanks.

Sears Home Services Company Profile