Sears Home Services

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I decided to have them come out and fix my stove. I gave them all the information about the stove and that the switch needed replacement for the front burner. They called the people renting from me saying they would not show up unless someone was there with a credit card. I have a Sears card that my wife had but she was working. I called the 800 number and it put me in a call center in India where they asked me all these questions that had nothing to do with my issue. At the end they told me I had to be at the location or they wouldn't show up. I ended up going and the technician within 30 seconds told me I needed a new switch and he brought the part. They charged me $235 for 10 minutes of work. NEVER use them!

Our refrigerator was not freezing. It's an LG 7 years old. Called Sears because I didn't want to use a mom and pop type place since I don't know anyone here. Sears guy came in. Didn't open the back just the front inside. Said we need a compressor and evaporator. Price would be $943.56. I told him no I could buy a new fridge for that price. He told me if I bought a home warranty at $55 a mo for 12 mos I could pay $471.78 and he would use warranty. I agreed. He ordered parts. Came back a week later and put the parts in. (Mind you I paid a $99 diagnostic fee.) Said wait 24 hours for it to cool. Waited, still did not cool. I called Sears again and they sent someone out 4 days later. Repair man came in. Said it needs a condenser...said we're using warranty and won't cost anything... He checked on their site to order and said it's been discontinued. I will get a voucher for another fridge. Someone would contact me.

No one did so I called them and was told there is nothing they can do and I won't be getting a voucher they don't know why I was told that. I called warranty co and was told I can't use warranty for 30 days which was not disclosed to me. If I wanted to cancel I would have to pay them $471 that was paid to Sears for the discount. I now have a refrigerator that does not work, paid Sears & 471 plus I am committed to the warranty at $600! I don't want Sears in my house ever and I am out $1000!

My overall experience trying to get a Kenmore dryer repaired was terrible. I called to make an appointment and was given a window of 1-5 pm. I initially asked for a weekend or evening appointment, but Sears does not offer that as an option. I took the 1-5:00 pm window on a Friday. I was told that the tech would contact me 30 minutes prior to arriving. Sears has an app where you can check on your window to see if any changes are made. My window was changed to 2:30-4:30, then to 3:30-5:30. By 5:00 I received no phone call from a tech.

I contacted customer service and they told me that my window was changed to 5:30-7:30. At that point I thought how nice to have someone sit at home all day, all to be told they were coming in the evening; I started off trying to get an evening appointment so that I did not have to miss work. At 6:00 I called customer service again, and I was told that my appointment was cancelled and that a tech tried to call me to let me know, but could not get through.

Their customer service department is awful, all I got was a lackluster "I apologize for the inconvenience and what we will do for you is give you the next available appointment." After I told them that was unacceptable, they offered me 20% off of my repair, a discount that I already planned on receiving because Sears was offering 20% all in home service repairs. I told the customer service rep that anyone could receive that discount if they printed the coupon from the Sears website. At that point, the manager I was speaking with, told me that was all that they could offer, so basically nothing. I Sat at home all day for nothing. I will never purchase any of my appliances from Sears again, nor will I ever attempt to use Sears for any in home appliance repairs.

When my 2-yr-old Kenmore Elite freezer stopped cooling, my regular appliance repair company said they wouldn't work on Sears/LG appliances so I had to call Sears. After the long phone maze and messages about this call might be recorded...I was connected to a foreign woman I could barely understand. She insisted that I answer her series of irrelevant questions before telling me the first available repair appointment was in two days and I would be obligated to pay $99 + tax whether I liked their estimate or not. The appt time was between 8 and 5. When I asked if I could get a more specific time so I didn't have to stay home all day, she said she would email me an order # so I could check their internet site on that day. She never sent the email; I chose to wait all day rather than go through their phone torture again. The technician finally called at 3:45, mostly to confirm that I was obligated for the $99 charge whether he fixed it or not.

He arrived 30 minutes later. He never stopped listening to loud music through his headphones, never took a tool out of his bag, and never took a cover off the refrigerator. He simply said it was a fan, it would cost $50, he didn't have it, his labor for replacing it would be $300, and his next available time to put it in was 8 days away. I told him it was our only freezer and we needed it. It didn't matter; he had to get the part and that was his first available time. I told him I couldn't wait that long, paid him $108.16 and he left. I'm convinced the technician didn't want to do the work. He preferred making $99 in minutes to lifting a tool. And from the way both he and the foreign woman emphasized I will owe it, I suspect it's Sears strategy to quote high prices and long repair times instead of repairing their appliances. Big mistake buying appliances from Sears.

Your technician came to my house today to fix the refrigerator and he damaged it, scratched it and he left the parts outside cause he is coming back tomorrow to finish the job. He came an hour late. ** this my number. I was not here my wife was. I wish I was here. He is very irresponsible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

I, too wish that I had read these reviews. I am not happy with the fact that Sears sent one person to install a door. He says it will take 5 to 6 hours. If they had sent 2 people at a minimum I would not be this upset. Going on record I will not use Sears again. The salesperson spent more than 2 hours at my house making commitments that have not been followed through. I am very upset and concerned about the quality of work I will end up getting. I don't want to send the poor installer away because it is not his fault. It is Sears.

We had a contract with Sears Home Improvement for a garage installation since 10/27/2016. I contacted the contractor he never answered my calls. First we were told to move the washing machine which we removed the next day November 21 with repaired ceiling. The first contractor gave us excuses. Next call we received a call from Joe at Sears to install on Saturday, November 26, 2016. Our time was scheduled for 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. I received the call at 11:03 am. I contacted the contractor he never answered my calls. Next, I contacted Sears to ask why didn't he knock at my door. The rep did not care. She asked, "did I want to schedule for Monday, November 28, 2016." This is the worst I have ever received with a contractor. Now they tell us we cannot get out of the contract.

I brought in my VHS/DVD machine, it was working. It was not known if the silver piece on the back could be fixed or not, but I said it was not important. The head cleaning needed to be done. The results were no head cleaning, silver piece could not be fixed, silver piece on the inside was why the VHS tapes would not play. I told the guy "my machine was working when you got it." He said that's the way things go. Nobody knows where my machine is now.

We contacted Sears Home Services to try to get our washer fixed so they sent out a technician who diagnosed the issue, and ordered the part. One week later, a tech comes out to install the new part, only to tell us that it is the wrong part (i.e., it's not compatible with our model). So they order what is supposed to be the correct part. Another week later, the SAME EXACT PART ARRIVES. So the tech doesn't come out and they tell us they're going to order the correct part. So we get a slightly different part, and the tech comes out and installs the part, runs the machine, then tells us that part wasn't the issue to begin with. The part we actually need is $100 more, but because of the issues they're willing to give us 50% off the part.

So even though we had already paid $273 for the labor and the wrong part, they want to charge us $30 more, despite the fact that we have now been over a month without a washer (yes, OVER ONE MONTH), that we've had to take off early from work to be here for them to "fix" our washer, and that techs have been to our home FOUR TIMES. The alternative option they offered us was a full refund and a 10%-coupon. I mean, really?! Will that give me back my time and sanity? (Hint: NO.) We were also told we couldn't speak to the manager directly, and that 50% was the absolute highest refund they could do. Horrible. You can't even call it "home services" because there has been NO SERVICE. Absurd. I will never shop from Sears or use their Home Services ever again.

My experience with Sears home repair was traumatizing to say the least. On November 17, 2016 had a technician come and told us the problem and then told us (promised us) that he would "make it happen", that it would be repaired by Wednesday Nov 23, 2016 for Thanksgiving on the 24th. He then told us (Jared) that he would give me his cell phone # (**) and to call/text him when the part comes in and he would put us on his schedule because he lived in the area (woodbury, NY) and it wouldn't be a problem.

So we had the part ordered and you took our hard earned money and I waited for the part to come then I called on nov 22nd to see where the part was and his phone number wasn't a complete number. I called sears and told them what was going on and they scheduled an appt for me on nov 23rd between 3-6. I told them I didn't receive the part yet. I talked to a lot of reps (Vivian employee **, Jack, James, Nems, Michele, Chloe). I wasnt aware of it, but my son was home and said there was a note on the door saying that we missed them, they were there at 3 but I got a call after 3 saying they were on their way. But I called and told them that I didn't receive the part yet. They said "don't worry I will note the account and tell the technician to come to you by 5-6pm." Then at 3:45pm I left work and tracked down the UPS driver and signed for the part and took it home.

I called back tech support and told them I received the part and she (Michele) told me "no worry someone will be there between 4-6pm." I said ok. So we waited. At 6:20, I called back and spoke to Nems. She said that she was sorry but no one was going to come. I wanted to talk to a supervisor, got a supervisor (James) and he basically told me "sorry no one can come. The technicians are done with work for today, but we can reschedule an appointment." The nerve. I told them that it was disgusting the way they conducted business and I demanded someone come and repair this stove. He said we are just going to go around in circles and get nowhere.

I told him I wanted to speak to someone higher than him. He said there is no one higher than him. I said I want to speak to the owner. He said he couldn't give me that information. Then I asked him to speak to someone in an American office. He said "I can't do that either and we are just going to go around in circles." I told him a few more words and then hung up. How disgusting is this? I want my $133 back for the diagnostic test. I need something back to make me feel whole again. It is scary that the world has come to this behavior. I am so disgusted with Sears that I will never use them or recommend them to anyone. If anything, I will tell everyone I know how awful they are. NEVER AGAIN!

First Sears came to my home and offer a home warranty... I asked a bunch of questions like if I will be locked out for a year and the reply was not. Also they said to me that I can cancel any time. After having for 4 months the service I call to cancel and they told me I can't cancel until I paid the early termination fee because they just fix an issue that I have in my house... So I told them the information I have before I sign it and they said "we apologize for the wrong information." So here I am tied with something I DON'T LIKE NO MORE... They told me the only way was if I didn't used the insurance, but even if I didn't used they don't return the money to you, but if you used it and you are paying ahead either way you lose... But the worst thing came after when the representative was intolerant, upset, angry to do her job... and pretty much hang up on purpose the call... SO DON'T BE SCAM for SEARS...

Hello, I had problem with a LG Washing Machine and decided to call an expert (Sears) to make a repair. I was advised the motherboard was defective. Technician advised Sears would provide a 50% discount on repairs if we agreed to purchase a whole house warranty. The technician confirmed parts would be available and would come out the following week to install. I signed up for Whole House Warranty ($59.00) a month. I decided to schedule a week later during Thanksgiving week. On the day of the appointment a Sears Representative called to advise the part is discontinued and the appointment has been cancelled. It took Sears two weeks to contact me to tell me the parts is no longer available. I spent 3 hours on/off the phone because customer service would put me on hold then disconnect.

This is a company that is NO LONGER CUSTOMER FOCUSED. Technicians are late, provide inaccurate information (It's all about selling warranties). I now understand why Sears is so close to closing its doors. I have cancelled my warranty. NOTE: The day the technician diagnosed my washer he was 5 hours late. After complaining to Customer Service I was offered a $25.00 Sears Voucher. I am buying a new washer in the very near future, I have no incentive to purchase from Sears.

Have always had Kenmore appliances (married 33 years). Recently moved my 12 year old Front Loader into an apartment and it just stopped working. It died the day before leaving on a trip and now need it fixed as family comes in for holidays. I called 3 weeks ago requesting first thing and MUST be before 10:00 to get this fixed. Was assured they'd honor as early as possible. Woke up and already told running later than 10. Two frantic calls to supervisors got me nowhere. Guy showed up after 12 (outside the window given as latest time), charged more than coupon promised online (was told service call would be $39, not $79). I refused to pay. Guy got belligerent as I asked him who I could contact about it. Calling Sears back has gotten me nowhere so far. He said this will go on my credit report. I have nowhere to turn. This is worst customer service and will blast them now on social media.

Unbelievably horrible experience with Sears customer service! The carpet cleaning has been completed 2 months ago, and a few spots have been missed. Not a big deal, but I wanted to fix it. The long story short: Sears Customer Compliances phone system is down for 2 months. I have scheduled 4 appointments with customer support, but technician never showed up. As a contact for Compliances team I received person's email address (**), but she never replied on my email. To be honest I received phone call from Latisha 2 weeks after I sent her an email and it ended by scheduling another appointment without actually a visit. So 2 months later, all money have been paid but we still have incomplete carpet cleaning and ruled plans for 4 weekends since we're waiting for technician to arrive (8 AM to 12 PM). If you planning carpet cleaning in your house, do yourself a huge favor: hire anyone else but not Sears!

Our experience started with a 12-3 pm Sat appt time. The rep called around 9:30 am to say he was 45 min out. Thankfully I was home. Once he got there I immediately got the upsell from $154 to $278 which I declined. He was dressed professionally and got to work. About halfway in, another man came into my kitchen, not in uniform, and asked if he could light a cigarette on my stove! I offered him a lighter and asked that he do that outside, which he did. The other man then called me over to say that he apologized for the other man's language, that he was ranting and raving and cussing about something that happened the night before.

He told him to leave and stay outside. I hadn't heard any of that but I did let him know that he asked to light the cigarette. After it was done I was not asked to look at the rugs but to fill out the check, and speak to a supervisor on the phone who asked if I was happy with the service. I told him I hadn't seen the rugs yet but I would. He finished the transaction with the rep and then I was asked to go to complete a survey online. Right then. Everything in the survey is by default on "Excellent". At this point I just wanted them to leave and I hit submit. I had no chance to change the answers. There should be no default so that you HAVE to answer, on your own time, not with the rep watching you.

I called Sears Home Services on the evening of 11/15/16 regarding my LG washer that I was having an issue with. I spoke with a very friendly representative who made my appointment for the next day, 11/16/16. The repairman called before arriving to confirm the time, and then showed up on time and within minutes diagnosed and repaired my washer. The rotor bolt had come loose causing my washer to constantly give an unbalanced error code. The repairman showed me the loose bolt and tightened it. He then ran the washer to check it. I have since done a load of laundry myself and it is working perfectly! The only charge was the service fee less a coupon I had. I am extremely happy and impressed with Sears Home Services and will definitely use them again, and would recommend them to anyone!

I had three scheduled appointments with Sears Home Services to repair the bottom drawer on my range. The first time the serviceman showed up he attempted to, but did not repair the range. He did however take $160. The second two times I scheduled an appointment he never showed up. I took off work. Waited a total of eight hours with not one phone call from him. Both times I had to call the Sears Service Department and their reply was "Someone had canceled the appointment." Both times they cited the previous homeowner's phone number and address even though I told a total of four people that ownership of the home had changed hands and changed ALL the contact info.

I asked in both calls to talk to a supervisor and also changed the contact info with the supervisors. As I was the only one who even knew I had made an appointment, and I certainly didn't take off work twice for an appointment that I had canceled, I find this a ridiculous excuse. I will never use Sears again. They obviously employ incompetent repairmen as well as incompetent people in their call department.

Do not call this company if you ever have a problem. They are crooks, they will jostle you up and down for days, collect your money, and waste your time. If you value your time and money steer clear of this company. I had a LG refrigerator go bad. The refrigerator is still covered by LG warranty. I called Sears, to diagnose and to fix my problem, they charged me $300.00.

After about two months with these crooks, this is where I stand. Week 1-2. Technician ordered the wrong parts for the fridge. This was only confirmed when another technician came to house. Week 3-4: Sears was convinced that the parts had never shipped and was on back order. I had to tell them the parts were in my house. I re-booked my appointment, Sears was finally convinced the parts were in my house when the technician came to the house. Technician opened the box and then said this was the wrong part. Week 4-5: Technician tried fixing fridge. He promised fridge would cool after he left. Fridge never cooled. Week 5-6: Technician tries fixing fridge again. Fridge stops working after three days.

Week 6-7: Technician tries fixing fridge again. He says fridge is irreparably damaged, that I will get a new fridge due to warranty. Technician leaves house telling me that I will get a call later that day from Sears about a new fridge. Week 7-8: I get an automated call from Sears saying that I should be at home from 8-5 p.m.!!! Saying that I requested a senior technician. I call Sears to ask what is going on, but they cannot shorten the time, nor even answer why a senior technician is requested on the 16th of November.

As of today, I have 5 boxes of wrong parts in my house, a non-working fridge and an appointment scheduled for 16th of November from 8-5 p.m. for what I have no clue about. I believe Sears modus operandi is to collect money from you, frustrate the customer, and move on to the next gullible customer. They do not care about the customer. Finally, they also peddle a monthly plan guaranteeing to fix anything that goes wrong in your house. If I had gone with their plan, I would have paid two month for their services and would still have a nonfunctioning fridge. My advice: Please do not call Sears home service for anything. Just call manufacturer directly if you have any problems. At least the manufacturer will be able to tell you if you have a problem immediately rather than having to wait two months, 7 visits, and still not be able to diagnose your problem.

I dropped my vacuum off at a Sears in Poughkeepsie NY in early September to be repaired. They assured me that it would take 10-14 days to complete the repair and happily took my money. By early October still no word about by vacuum, so I called Sears and got bounced around from the store to the repair department and my vacuum had not reached the repair department. No one would take responsibility for my vacuum. They even went as far as to transfer me to their courier. At this point I was furious and told them to send me back my vacuum and not to do anything with it because I was not happy with their service as I was expecting it back two weeks prior. Come mid-November I received another phone call stating that they finally diagnosed my vacuum (two and a half months later after I told them not to) and refused to give me back my money. Horrible company. I don't recommend anyone use them.

This is why I am seriously considering NOT renewing the warranty after 45 YEARS with Sears, approximately $27,000 in warranty cost, not counting original appliance cost. 10/31/16 -- made appointments with Natalie for all appliances for 10:00 - noon. Ask for email confirmation. Wrote review on Sears evaluation email. 11/1/16 -- no email confirmation so called Martha who discovered appointments were not within 10:00 a.m. - noon so had to spend time redoing it all over again. Asked for email confirmation. Wrote review on Sears evaluation email.

11/3/16 -- no email confirmation so called Shannon and asked for supervisor since there must be a glitch in the email. She responded that "I can do anything a supervisor can do," and there was not glitch. Refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Wrote review on Sears evaluation email. 11/12/16 -- no email confirmation. Called Ariel to confirm appointment times. She confirmed times and sent email confirmation.

In summary: These events cost ME and your company well over 1.5 hours. Email confirmation needs to be programmed into system when appointment is made. I could have caught Natalie's mistakes instead of lengthy time on phone with Martha. If I had not called again, I would have missed at least 4 appointments which is a waste of MY and your time. Found out that Natalie, Martha, and Shannon did not complete the item to individually send email on each appliance appointments. They need to be retrained in their positions. Email confirmation could be programmed for one email per customer instead of 16 emails but 16 is better than none. Somebody should read and respond to the Sears evaluation emails. Ariel should be promoted to a supervisory position.

I bought my refrigerator new in February 2016 and was excited because it was a space upgrade from my old one. Since June I have had to put in 4 "service" calls for this unit due to frost buildup in the back of the freezer stopping it from cooling properly. Now I am calling these "service" calls because that is what they call them. I would call them lack of service calls.

The soonest that I got a tech to even come look at my refrigerator was 10 days out. I have 4 children in my home so I need a refrigerator everyday, not just when Sears can get around to it. Each time they had to order a part, it took 2 weeks to reschedule the tech to install it, making the whole process almost a month long each time. I am currently waiting almost 3 weeks for a tech for "service" call number 4, and it is looking like I will not have a refrigerator during the Thanksgiving holiday. (Thanks a lot Sears.)

I have to feel for the persons at the call center as I am now livid when I call and have to go around their scripted responses again. They continue to blame the door not being shut properly and letting humidity in. I might be more apt to believe this if I did not live in West Texas where there are days that if you spit into the wind it would not hit you in the face because it evaporated so fast.

I do not believe the technicians Sears uses are capable of fixing this issue, and I was told that after 3 calls for the same issue they would replace the unit, well I am on number 4. I purchased the additional "service" agreement but now I am unsure that they will abide by their terms. I would not recommend that anyone buy anything from Sears as I do not believe I will ever do again.

When I called your home appliances service center to repair the Jenn-Air oven, I know exactly what needs to be replaced, the electronic control board. And I told your home service center representative on the phone the model number, serial number of the oven, and I told her that the repair technician should make sure he has the parts when he come to the house to do the repair, and he should call to reschedule or cancel the appointment if he does not the part.

However, the repair technician arrived without any knowledge about the oven, and the part (control board). He opened the oven door, checked the model number, and told me the control board needs to be replaced which is exactly I told service representative on the phone a week earlier. And he told me the specific control board is not available because the oven is more than 10 years old. That is totally untrue. I have found the electronic control board on official Jenn-Air website. The technician insisted to claim that the part is not available, and he cannot repair the oven. He charged $89 visiting fee for 5 minutes work, and left. We were very disappointed that obviously Sears and the technician is only interested in making the $89 home service charge and want to sell the customer new oven. We called Service Inquiry and resolution center making the complaint and we will file complaints to State Consumer Protection Department.

Place order to have washer repair, was told someone will be out between 100 and 5:00 P.M. Tech arrive around 7:45 P.M. (looking like he had a long day). Checked a couple of things and said "it might be this or it might be that. I can order some parts and when they come in you can give me a call. The price for today is $85.32." I said how can that be? The service charge is $79.00. And he said plus tax, tax is on everything. I wish I would have read the reviews before having Sears come out. They are a rip off. I'm out of $85.32 and my washer still don't work. If I could use zero stars I would have.

We had booked a time for a Sears repairman to be at our house to fix our ice maker. He was supposed to have shown up between 1:00 and 5:00 last Friday. I received an automated phone call around two saying that he was on his way. My husband also received an e-mail to that effect. I had taken off that afternoon from work to be there. The repairman never showed up. No calls -- nothing! I called Sears this afternoon to reschedule. Their records report that we were not home.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I told them that since I had taken an afternoon of vacation off that I can't get back, they need to schedule an appointment after 5:00 and gratis on them. I was told that neither of those were possible since they don't schedule appointments after five and certainly cannot affect repairs without charging for them. So it's okay that they have no financial remedy for their repairmen screwing up and causing their customers to waste time and resources. We have bought several appliances from Sears but after this, I will not darken their doorstep again and will buy appliances, tools, etc. at other more customer friendly businesses.

Trying to make an appointment is a nightmare! They schedule them from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and expect you to wait all day. I have a job and had to take an entire day off, lost income, to have my dishwasher serviced. They gave me another number to try and narrow the time down and I sat on hold 10-20 min each time I called and never did get a hold of a human being to get a time of service. This isn't 1950 when the wife stays home to clean and cook, we work in year 2016.

I would not recommend this appliance repair to anyone. We have now had 4 service calls scheduled and they have yet to show up during any of the 9 hour windows of time. So infuriating! We prepaid for services in excess of $250 and have taken days off of work to accommodate their service calls. When we called to express concern we received nothing but runaround. Whatever you do... go elsewhere!!! Less than 1 star would be appropriate.

Call Sears repair and they happily tell you they will get you their earliest appointment, which is generally 10 days away. On the scheduled day they often come with 2 Technicians. First, the techs, run the all-important diagnostic test and go back and forth to their van and roughly after an hour they tell me what I already know. The circuit board is broken (3 times in the past 5 months). Then there is usually an additional problem. On the 2nd visit the compressor did not work. It needed to be replaced. And on the most recent visit the fan was also broken. This all in a 5-month stretch.

Then they tell you they do not have the parts and they need to be ordered. They give that friendly smile, remind me to make sure I call SEARS as soon as the parts arrive at the house. Within a week the parts actually arrive and I give the folks at Sears the good news that the parts have indeed arrived. They happily tell me that they can have a refrigerator Technician/Specialist install the part in 10 days. However, if an opening occurs in my area before the scheduled date, they would send the Technician to my location, which has never occurred in the past 15 years. Conclusion roughly 60 plus days w/o a fridge. P.S. if anyone cares this generally happens once year. This year is a tad odd 3 times already.

SEARS was contracted to repair an evaporative cooler. The technician arrived on time and set to work on the unit. He properly diagnosed part of the issue and then attempted to repair a leak. The technician was trained and prepared to work on an HVAC system but not an evaporative system. He did not provide a cost estimate before beginning the job. He spent an excessive amount of time shopping for parts which, as it turns out, were not the correct parts. After he finished, had been paid, and left the property, I was later able to check his work. It was still leaking and the job was altogether sloppy. He had not checked nor repaired specific issues that I had identified and told him about when he arrived. I contacted Sears and the same technician returned the next day.

I showed him what was wrong, provided tools and materials (glue) to make repairs, and he attempted to do so. He then provided me with his personal cell phone in case there were other issues "so that it wouldn't have to go through the company". Clearly he knew that he was in over his head, even though the requested repairs were fairly simple. After he left, it was clear that his repairs were not complete, there was still a leak, and then a repair he had made generated another, more extensive leak. I called him without response, and then contacted Sears. Though this was an air conditioning unit and the temperatures were exceeding 90 degrees, Sears stated that they could not have a technician available for several days.

I did the work myself, which I would have done from the beginning but I was trying to save some time and energy. I then requested a refund from Sears, for the charges in excess of the basic service call (the technician did arrive and did diagnose a problem) and the parts purchased (even though 2/3 of those had to be replaced). Sears has refused to provide a refund. Each communication has been with a new person who appears to have no access to the previous records. I cannot recommend Sears Home Services to anyone for any reason.

Customer service was a nightmare, rude, I don't care not my problem people. The second service guys comes out fix the dryer then He BREAKS a part putting it back together. Charge my warranty for the part then set me up with another appt over week. Later I called to appt sooner because it was their technician's fault and they moved the appt one day sooner and you have to go the laundromat if you want to dry clothes... When I feel they come out ASAP now the part here but they don't care because it's not there. I requested the first then that came out and got someone who an attitude that broke the dryer. And charge me for it... Do NOT buy any appliance from Sears. That's the best advice. Customer Services suck and technician then he didn't leave me an invoice.

I contracted with SEARS to install 17 windows in my home. We set a date for install, and I CONFIRMED with the sales manager the scope of work was entered into their computer system before he left my home. All requirements were documented clearly as to both of our satisfaction. Upon installation, SEARS contractors took an extra day than scheduled and caused me to miss a day of work. Thankfully I have a laptop and can do some work from home. Given that there were 17 windows to be installed, the company should have provided more than 2 installers. I could have saved them the extra day's effort by pointing out they needed a third installer on a job that big.

Also, the installers didn't show up earlier than 10am any of the days work was done, and always left promptly at 5pm or sometimes before. They always took at least a 30-45 minute lunch break, as they informed me each day when they left the property to get lunch. So it is not like they were working outrageous hours or overtime; on the contrary, they averaged 6 hour workdays. Not a bad gig, I would say! If only my work would allow me the same privilege.

The installers did not follow basic best practices of installing windows. They did not use cardboard or mats to shield the drywall and window sills. As a consequence, every one of my window sills was scratched - some with very deep cuts. Further, the installer took a chunk out of my drywall surrounding on of the windows while using his crowbar to install the window. The installers left on the third day and did not come back to repair these items.

In addition, we had contracted on one window, which had some wood rot due to a previously fixed leak, to be rebuilt. It was spelled out in black and white on the contract agreement, and was not a verbal request. Pictures were taken and submitted with this part of the work request - therefore the installation team could not claim ignorance on the scope of work. On the last day of work, the installer tried to cover over this damage by simply putting new paneling over the old. The rotted window frame was not repaired, as AGREED SPECIFICALLY on the contract. I stopped the installer and told him what was contracted - he pointed fingers to the salesman. When I informed him I reviewed the contract and this work was specified and funds within the contract were specifically set aside for it, he didn't have answers.

But I did not sign the certificate of completion and still have not paid Sears for their work. I called the Sales Manager and complained - he provided me with contact information for the area managers of the installation team. I took pictures and forwarded to all. Today, the area install manager called me and tried to tell me that marks left by the Sears installation team were not covered. He even told me they do this type of damage to other people's homes and never repair it because this was a construction project and customers should just accept this as part of the deal.

I explained to him that this is not customary for contractors. I run a real estate business on the side of my job for the last 16 years, and have worked with my fair share of contractors, city and insurance inspectors, and professionals from many local and national companies. This is the first time I have had a contracting company tell me that construction damage is not covered and that the customer is responsible for repairing it. This is, of course, complete Balderdash. I let him know that if Sears told customers that up front and actually made it a company policy, they would not do very much business and customers would be happy to go elsewhere because all other contractors make good on repairing damage they cause in my years of experience working with them.

Also I should point out that my wife and I, in addition to owning our own real estate business, have been in a 3.5 year rehab of this current home where we live - and this is by far the worst contracting experience we have had in the process. Whether it be local contractors or national installation companies, none of them have had this poor of service as Sears has. Given the hefty price tag for Sears windows, I did not expect this poor level of customer service. To be fair, Sears window product is excellent and that is why we purchased the windows. The product is well worth the cost, but the installation team and customer service is not. They are both very poor quality and do not match the quality of Sears window products!

At this point, I have Sears scheduled to come out next week to remediate issues. For the window box rebuild, I brought in my own contractor and we had this repaired in one day at a total cost of $264. This was a relatively minor cost compared to the overall installation charges, and I feel as though Sears has likely lost a customer over a silly small expense they should have covered. I know from the sales manager that he built in MORE than $264 into the project for repairs such as this, and so it is clear that Sears is trying to convert that to profit and not honor the original contract commitment. That amounts to shady business practices on behalf of this company! I am told I will get this amount back and they will make me happy by honoring the original contract, which is all I ask. I do not expect more than that. We will see - I will update this review after they return with the results.

Sears Home Services Company Profile