2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Dishwashers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I’m going to start by saying I have been a very loyal customer of Sears appliance for years. I will never purchase another Kenmore or other appliance from them again EVER period. I have had the worst customer service experience I have had with any company. My dishwasher which was under warranty quit working at the end of November. Sears sent a guy out December 5. He said he was going to order a door and he would have it in the following Wednesday. It is almost a month later. And I have had no response from anyone.

I have been on the phone with Sears three or four times waiting on hold up to 2 hours as they pass me from department to department. Excuse after excuse but the main takeaway is they take no responsibility because they blame it on the third party. I have asked for a replacement until mine gets fixed. They say, "We’ll look into it and call you back" which no one does. The repairman doesn’t call back. Before Sears went bankrupt they were fantastic. Now they are lackluster and limping along. Do not buy from them even if it costs more from Best Buy or Home Depot or somewhere else, pay the extra up front. Those companies will give you Customer service. Sears is a poor excuse for an online retailer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My husband and I had ordered a dishwasher October 9th. We were told it would take up to three weeks for it to be delivered. Around the second week I called to track the item and they told me the dishwasher will be delivered next week. The end of the third week comes around, and I never got a delivery. I called Sears again, and they told me I would have to wait another two weeks because they can’t track the dishwasher.

Now a total of 5 weeks has gone by and I still don’t have a dishwasher and I called sears and they still can’t track the package. I called later during the 5th week, and I find out that sears refunded my purchase without notifying me, I only found out this happened because I called sears. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told a supervisor would call me back. No one ever called me so I called back again for 2-3 consecutive days and was told the same thing, “a supervisor will call you back within 24 hours”. It has been a total of 7 weeks that has gone by and I still don’t have a dishwasher and a supervisor has not called me back. Sears customer service is a disgrace and I am disgusted with how they manage things. I don’t know how sears thinks this is acceptable.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Control module lasted 13 months and now the wash motor has gone out. Luckily I purchased a 3 yr warranty. Have about a year and a half left. Crossing my fingers that nothing else happens after the warranty expires. Didn't know that it is made in Korea.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Dishwasher leaked, came out to repair and charged over $300.00, one week later the same problem. I called again and they sent the same repairman, he said that the first was a mistake and I should buy a new dishwasher and he would give me a credit of over $200.00 which I have yet to receive now 5 months later. THEY DESERVE TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

My order#**. Order date 21 Aug 2019. Scheduled Delivery 12, then 16, then 19th. After hours of phone conversation and request for specific reasons why my order is delayed and what are they doing to ensure my order isn’t further delayed? I get “there were problems”. To What problems? “They were delayed”. What are you doing to compensate? “We don’t do anything. Let me get you to the installer for your new date”. So you do nothing when you deliver a product one month after order? “No, let me get you to the installer”. Let me talk to a manager, “the manager cannot help you with this, let me pass you to the Installer.”

One month after my Order and counting? Could you please get someone that can do something other than read a script, so I can have a real conversation and get a real answer? And don’t transfer me to a second department that puts me on further holds and cannot answer my question and has to call their installer who is an independent contractor! This property manager is done with Sears ...

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Needed a new dishwasher and have always gotten appliances from Sears. Purchased a dishwasher at a Sears store. The dishwasher was not available to see in person, but read the reviews and felt good about our choice. The installer Vito was great, but we were unhappy with the look. Apparently this dishwasher is ADA certified so it sits higher off the floor (which was not in the description on the machine on the website). We do not need it to be higher and were unhappy with the look, as well as some of the functions of the dishwasher itself. I now am sitting here on hold with my FIFTH phone call to Sears to have this returned. After 2 calls last week someone was supposed to come last Saturday, no call, no show.

Spent over an hour the other day on hold/being transferred 6 times and eventually had to hang up with no one helping me. Yesterday I spoke to a "manager" who said I was on the schedule for pickup today. No one has called or shown up. Have now tracked down the phone number of the business that would be coming to collect the dishwasher. They stated that I was never on the schedule during the past week. They cannot schedule it, so now I sit again on hold waiting for Customer Service to schedule a pickup. I am in tears, beyond frustrated! DO NOT order from Sears!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

False Advertisement!!!! I purchased a Kenmore dishwasher in 2017 (Model # 14573) and found out that the dishwasher delivered was a different model (# 14753). I would not have discovered this if I did not request a repair service for the dishwasher. On 7/18/2019, I spent over five hours being transferred to useless departments over useless departments; all of which failed to correct this matter. I have filed a formal complaint with the consumer relation department. MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ORDER AND THE ACTUAL ITEM DELIVERED!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased a service contract with Sears to cover our appliances. One of the appliances, a Fisher Paykel dishwasher, which was identified in the contract before we paid for it, needed service as it was not working. A tech was sent to repair it. However, he had no idea how to service this appliance and had to phone someone from their tech department to walk him through steps to figure out what was wrong. The tech on the phone diagnosed the problem to be a faulty board. The part was ordered and a subsequent date for installing the board was made. Hours were between 10 and 2. The Tech didn't show up until 5:00 p.m. which was too late. Another appointment was made for the following week between the hours of 10 and 2 and again no call, no show.

I finally got in touch with their service department which, by the way, is located in the Philippines. They couldn't get an answer as to why the tech was so late. I finally got a telephone number to call him and again, he was running very late. Absolutely horrific experience. I called again for another appointment and the agent Moses said they don't repair those brands of dishwasher and instructed us to contact their contract department to get a refund on our contract. I am so appalled by their lack of service that it's incomprehensible.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Worst service experience ever. This was a simple repair - replace the broken track on the upper tray of the dishwasher. First appointment - Tech did not have the right part, so ordered it. Week later, second tech came and the part was the wrong one. Told the tech to hook the dishwasher back up so we could use with bottom rack only. He forgot to connect the discharge hose under the sink and ended up flooding the kitchen. Never came back. Had to hook it up myself. Third appt - texted at noon he was on way - waited until 1:45 and had to leave to pick up kid from school. Claims he showed up at 2 and left (we got home by 2:15). I waited almost 2 hrs for him; he couldn't wait 15 minutes even after he flooded my kitchen. TWO WEEKS and the repair still not made.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We ordered a dishwasher from Sears on 3/10/2019. I ordered online and was given a date of 3/20/2019 for the dishwasher to arrive, I then received an email stating there would be a delay until 3/21/2019. On that date I called my local Sears and was advised that my item did not arrive. I then called Sears and was transferred to several people and several departments and was finally told that I would not receive my dishwasher until 4/2/2019. I advised them that I wanted to just cancel the order, however I was told that the order would not be canceled until further research could be done.

This has been a truly horrible experience, I don't know why you cannot get straight answers, I used the why not lease it program and they advised that they could not cancel the order until they received a Return Sales Checkout number. I called back and again was transferred to different people all not having knowledge of what the number was. I finally spoke with someone and they advised that the request was submitted to their research team and would receive a response within 48 hours. I advised that I needed the number for my refund and requested to speak with someone at that department and was told that they do not answer calls. I would not recommend for anyone to do business with this company. Please save your time and a royal headache and purchase your item somewhere else.

Sears author review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally Roebuck & Company, Sears started in 1886 as a chain of department stores. For more than 100 years, Sears has retained a position as one of the five top-selling department stores in America.

• Deep discounts and luxury models: Sears offers a full range of brands, ranging from some of the least expensive to the highest in luxury products.

• Installation available: Sears offers same-day installation on many models.

• Inexpensive haul-away service: When replacing an existing dishwasher, avoid any bulk trash fees by having Sears take away the old one when it delivers the new one.

• Five-year service plan: Get parts and labor covered for in-home repairs through Sears.

• Free in-box delivery: If you plan to install the dishwasher yourself, you can get free in-box delivery during special offers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team