4.56/5
  • 1 star
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 30, 2017

16 Scandia Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 30, 2017

I like Scandia Home's bedding because it is elegant. The thread count is amazing. The colors really pop and there is a great selection to go through. In the past I didn't really care too much about brand or thread count. I then received gift of sheet with a 500 thread count and fell in love. After I used them I never went back to the generic brand I once used. I would recommend these sheets to my friends and family. I am not very happy with the price however. Yes the quality is amazing but they are pricey. But I guess you have to pay more for good quality items sometimes.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I purchase Restoration Hardware linens frequently and in comparison, the Scandia Home linens score just as highly in comfort and they are a close runner up in sustainability. I like the high-quality material, that's also Eco-friendly! My favorite is the linen sheets - soft and breathable and wash superbly! I also love the duvet cover inserts with loops at the ends so you can tie their duvet covers so you don't have a lot of shifting around. The only thing that has happened is they seems very easy to snag. I have to take extra care with washing and wearing jewelry to bed. It needs some improvement in that area.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 25, 2017

I chose Scandia because I had heard that their comforters are super nice and perfect for a cabin during Alaskan winters. Their home bedding is super soft and comfortable! My down comforter is quite warm for the summer months in Alaska and it's perfect for cold Alaskan winters. I never want to leave my bed during the winter! However it would be nice if they were slightly cheaper though. They're a little bit more expensive than most other bedding brands. But Scandia has higher quality than any other bedding brand I have owned. I really love my down comforter and it's definitely worth what I paid for it.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Scandia Home's sheets have high quality materials and classic and trendy styles. Something for everyone. Love the selection. Great fit on several sizes of mattress. Height not an issue. Artsy and modern design. Best quality for price bedding I have ever had. Washes great and does not fade and holds up to storage. No wrinkles and easy to care for. This brand is superior to main brands bought earlier. I wish there was a way to get a pattern or style that was discontinued to match set or missed buying. Also, more retail locations or a way to custom order what I need.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Scandia bedding is a luxury bedding with a wide collection of materials to choose from. It is easy to match Luxury Scandia Bedding with the classic collection of furniture in my home. Good quality and comfortable bedding that is durable, easy to maintain and keep clean. The price is a tad bit high but it's worth paying. The customer service is also not very good when purchasing bedding materials on the Scandia bedding website. Although my pillows have held up well, my duvet covers are starting to look a little bit worn out over time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Scandia Home?

Original review: May 15, 2017

The feel is comfortable enough on my skin without being too high a quality to afford and I rather enjoy laying on top of the sheets. They feel soft and I like the way they look on my bed. It matched the decor in our bedroom that we were striving to achieve with the purchase of this particular bed set. The flat sheet is not necessary, though. It isn't just this brand, i hate flat sheets on any mattress and repurpose them with any bedset that i buy.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I select this brand over others because of the composition of the set; it have sheets, comforter etc. They were manufactured with high quality. The set was correctly wrapped, the colors was trendy and appealing for the bedroom and the sheets felt smooth at the contact. I like the quality of every item. It was appealing to me to buy the set.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I love Scandia! I tried this brand and never looked back! They are soft and have a high thread count. They come in beautiful colors. They are pricey but well worth it. They are durable. They are sexy. They are perfect for me and mine! They are luxurious without luxury pricing. I've tried other beddings but I've found nothing to compare! I'll continue to try others, perhaps, but they will have to be at least as good as Scandia! Without compromising the comfort of my family. (:

Original review: May 12, 2017

Scandia Home is always easy to maintain, stylish and high quality at prices I like. I love the offerings of colors and the craftsmanship and durability. I like that they offer warm and cold weather "seasonal" items so as to keep with the weather. Originally bought bedding from this brand because it was on sale, but the quality was so superior to others I keep going back to this brand. I use this brand on my own bed and the three other beds in my home. I have never been disappointed with a purchase and continue to purchase from them. I have no plans to stop.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I found the bedding to be of excellent quality. It's absolutely beautiful! I originally chose it because I loved the rich colors but after getting it home and actually putting it to use, I fell in love with the luxurious feel of the sheets and comforter. I was so pleased with the set that I bought several more items from the collection. Overall I have been quite satisfied with my bedding purchase. If I had to come up with a suggestion for improvement, it would be the price. It seems that in order to be competitive in such a broad market it would be beneficial to offer a lower priced option.

Original review: May 10, 2017

There are so many brands I tried before but Scandia Home bedding is soft and comfortable. I have back pain and it's a big problem all the time. My family and friends tell me about this brand that it's very good. We tried it for the first time and we loved it. It's a good investment of money. We also recommend them to our other friend and family to try this.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I found Scandia Home online while I was browsing on a Sunday night and decided to buy them. Their product is very soft and cozy and very comfortable for my sleeping needs. I believe they are one of the best brand currently in the market, both from telemarketing or traditional online retailers. Everything is great. I would like to have more time to select more sweet colors however I like what I purchased. Their colors are very soothing and their price is very reasonable.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Scandia Home was on sale and I thought I'd try it. I'm glad I did because overall I like the product. The thread count was higher than that of the other brands' products. It's also soft and easy to wash. I was able to pull them out of the dryer and saw there were not even any wrinkles. I had one of the best night's sleep I have had in a long time. My husband also enjoyed them. However, it is not as durable as I would like them to be. I noticed a few areas where the threading was somewhat loose. My granddaughter slept with them and the buttons on her nightgown got caught in them leaving a huge snag. Such a shame. I would also love if it has more colors were available as, overall, it is a good product.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Scandia Home bedding have made the best sheets I have ever owned. They are also very easy to clean and last long. Scandia Home bedding has sheets that are perfect for everyone. They have provided me with the softest and most comfortable sheets I have ever slept on. I have never slept better. They are literally a dream when it comes to their sheets.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Scandia sheets are closest to luxury sheets at a reasonable price. Soft, luxurious comfort at night! They are easy to maintain and have a great feel on the bed. are such a higher quality than the so-called bamboo sheets that are sold in the mass merchandise stores. These sheets do not ball up after you wash them. I have washed mine several times and you cannot tell they are not brand new. If there was something to improve on, it could be to have the fitted sheet elastic that go all around the bottom of the sheet. This would perhaps keep the sheet from riding up on the bed at night. However, I have not had that problem yet with theses sheets.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I heard lots of recommendations for Scandia Home from family and friends and thought their bedding is the best option to choose. I've tried other brands and don't necessarily like them. I love everything about Scandia Home bedding! It's so comfortable, soft and gentle. I haven't ever used bedding that provides such exemplary product satisfaction. It has every feature I prefer to have in bedding. If there was anything I would change about the bedding, I would like it to have a fuzzy option. That would be an added bonus.

Scandia Home expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Scandia Home began in 1971 as World Wide Bedding, a catalog bedding retailer. Rebranded as Scandia Home in 2010, it is now best known for its down comforters and pillows. It offers bed sheets, luxury bedding, fine linens and other products through independent retailers, home decorators, online and at two retail locations in California.

• Bed sheet options: Scandia Home offers several lines of bed sheets, all of which are designed to mimic European luxury standards. Choose from percale or sateen sheets in solid, jacquard or stripes and various neutral and earth-toned colors.

• Custom adjustments: For an added fee, Scandia Home will make custom adjustments to add or remove down or filler from comforters and pillows to adjust the products’ weight and firmness.

• Down cleaning process: Scandia Home uses an innovative, 12-step cleaning process to sanitize the down used in their products. This process may remove some of the allergens.

• Limited warranty: Scandia Home offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of its products against damage in workmanship or malfunction of the product’s covering or fabric weave. Scandia will repair or replace any defective merchandise.

• Responsible down sourcing: Beginning in 2016, all down products from Scandia Home must meet Responsible Down Standard sourcing requirements, meaning down cannot be sourced from live animals or those who have been subjected to force-feeding.

• Best for: those who want luxury bedding, especially people with down allergies or ethical concerns about down sourcing.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Scandia Home Company Information