Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2012 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung front loader. Love my Samsung TV and DVD player. Slightly higher than others. I will NEVER buy another Samsung washing machine. 3 months after my extended warranty expired the drum bearing went. I was quoted a price of $800 (not including labor). I called Samsung customer service, got nowhere. Called NE office. The woman said she was the secretary for the VP and she was extremely nasty and of course did nothing for me. I loved it when I bought it but they don't stand behind their products.

This washing machine was very expensive and for it to last under 5 years too outrageous. Not to mention it is only myself and my husband in my home. Brand reputation is first on my list. I will be checking customer reviews for my next washer. Needs to be energy efficient and of course sale price. A lot of bad customer reviews would be my first deal breaker. We all need to be educated consumers nowadays because big companies don't care if you are dissatisfied. I am so frustrated with Samsung I will repeat myself. I have a 5 year old Samsung Steam Washer and Dryer HE. 3 months after my extended warranty ran out my washer died. The Samsung approved repairman said it was a front bearing and would cost $800 PLUS labor. I tried to get Samsung to give us a break on the part but of course they would help. I will never buy another Samsung washer. These new appliances are very expensive and they are throwaways.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Thought Samsung made good products. They do, TV's and phone but their wash machines are complete junk and the support is non-existent. I have had this washer for less than 3 years and the entire inside started to rust out because the cheap pot metal they used was not painted or treated. Rust flakes were falling in and staining my clothes. Bought washer at Lowe's and they did NOTHING to help get it replaced.

I will never purchase another Samsung product ever. When I buy my next appliances they will be from an appliance store that will service and support what they sell and never again purchase from a Lowe's or Home Depot type place. RUST. My Samsung piece of junk has rusted out from the inside out and now I cannot wash white clothes in it for fear of rust chips ruining my clothes. Skip Samsung and you will be fine and skip Lowe's if you want any help when you have problems. Do yourself a favor and search ratings and reviews on the product before you buy and you will see all the people that have complained about Samsung washers.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Originally purchased because I thought Samsung was a good brand. Once started you cannot make a change to a wash cycle without restarting the wash. Washer keeps breaking. Dealer can not fix - 3 years. Dryer works great, very quick. Washers has had numerous problems. Have spent over $400 in repairs and it is broken again. A normal wash cycle takes over 4 hours. One of the times it was broke - the agitator was broken, I am not sure how long it was broke before we noticed. You cannot open lid without pausing the wash.

Original review: March 25, 2016

It is a very reliable brand and the color. I have had the washer and dryer set for eight months. There is nothing about my new set that bothered me. I look for a brand that is reliable and nice looking. I need a 4.5 capacity washer and dryer. It has to be energy efficient. Discounts are a blessing and brand reputation is most important because you want appliances that are reliable. Regular repairs would definitely be a deal breaker. Low quality construction as well. Paint chipping and rusting on the inside are horrible as well. I have a Samsung washer and dryer. The machine is top loading and the dryer is a front loader. They are both 4.5 capacity. The washer has a rinse sink built inside which is a really unique feature. I got a good deal by purchasing both at the same time.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung front load washer. It was recommended by a friend, and the price was right too! The fact that it had a 10 year warranty on the transmission. I have had it just over a year. Some bearings went on it, and it needed to be completely taken apart to replace! Very happy that was still under warranty! I look for something reliable, affordable (for me). Most are now energy efficient and capacity so I can do most any size load. It would have to be reliable! I can't be spending money on repairs! The construction and loss of socks would also play into it, however, it seems every dryer eats a sock now and then! The Samsung washer is very reliable, and is well built! When it comes to washing capabilities, it rocks it out! It has many different settings, including speed wash, which I find helps speed up the laundry day blues!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: March 25, 2016

I did a lot of research before buying and thought I was buying superior products. I bought Samsung HE top-loader large capacity and the matching gas dryer. I waited for a good sale to get the products I wanted at a good price. I bought them over 3 years ago. I wanted a large capacity HE top loader. I am most unhappy with the water levels and how when doing the initial sensing all the items bunch up on one side. I understand HE machines are designed to use minimal water but if it isn't enough to get all the laundry items wet it is not enough water. Also, the hot water does not work with a normal cycle.

I want the machine to work the way I expect without requiring manual intervention during the cycles. I want my laundry items to be clean without leftover residue. I want my clothes to be treated gently. I want my items dried completely. I have been really unhappy with my purchase. The main complaint I have is not sufficient water levels to cover the items. I also do not like that the clothes get all heaped on one side of the washer, requiring me to redistribute the items or they don't get wet. The initial sensoring seems to treat the items roughly.

Original review: March 25, 2016

I bought a Samsung front load washer and matching dryer in Onyx. It was a good price, great color and I expected a Samsung appliance to be good quality. The machine had all of the high-end features with easy to use controls. I also liked the colour (Onyx). What bothered me about this appliance is that it started to make a lot of noise and ruined quite a few pieces of clothing with oil stains when it was less than 2 years old. It was hard to get anyone at Samsung to help me find a repair person. The first place they sent me said they no longer service Samsung appliances due to the poor quality of the product. I finally went to Sears where I bought it and they sent a repair person who gave us an estimate of over $1,000 to repair the machine - more than it cost new. I had the appliance from September 2013 to August 2015. It is now in a garbage dump somewhere.

Capacity and energy efficiency were important to me. I thought I was buying a good quality brand too. (I didn't and it wasn't.) I will never buy another Samsung appliance - EVER. Had trouble getting Samsung to find a repair person and finally went back to Sears to get someone to come out and give an estimate on the repair. The repair was going to cost more than a new machine. This time I went with Whirlpool and bought an extended 5 year warranty. It doesn't match the dryer (only Samsung has the Onyx colour) but there was no way I was giving Samsung any more business.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung Front loader washer and also a dryer. We have had the washer for less than one year. I have had 2 service calls, one was to replace the motherboard. The dryer takes forever to dry clothes. We have many Samsung products in our home so it was what we thought we wanted with a washer and dryer. The customer service to get a service call was not good. The technicians however are very good. Customer service is important to us. We will not be buying Samsung appliances again based on our experience with the washing machine and dryer. What happened to quality control? A motherboard should not have gone out so quickly. Paint has chipped on both.

We would not buy Samsung appliances again based on the experience we have had with especially our washer. Usually Samsung products are outstanding. We have TV's cell phones, computer monitors etc and never have problems with them. But if the washer is any indication of how their appliances are made they need to find better quality control.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Both are Samsung approximately 3 years old and front loaders, simple, not fancy. I wanted a front load washer for many years, grew up with a Bendix a long time ago. I was disappointed with the lack of water used to wash clothes. If I have heavily soiled items (throw rugs, etc.) I wash twice. On the washer the controls have been not working for over a year, it will only wash on one cycle. The dryer is fantastic, dries well without cooking your clothes and am very pleased with it.

I look for reasonable capacity, large enough to wash bedspreads well, and the fact that the machine does what it is supposed to do, energy efficient is not as important. I do not heavily use the washer or dryer and expect at least 5 or 6 years of good service from them. They are in an interior wash room and well protected. If I get bad service from an appliance I will switch brands next time. I was so disappointed with the wash machine, will not buy another front load machine. I don't want fancy things (like steam), I just want a good wash job and able to pick cycle and temp. I love the large dryer, my clothes are less wrinkled and love the wrinkle free ability for when you can't get to the clothes right away.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Washer WF5000 and Dryer DV5000. Bought the washer first because it is a "middle of the road" price and had received good consumer ratings. We bought the dryer to match. We've had the washer for a few years and love it. The dryer does not dry as quickly or as thoroughly as the 20 year old dryer we got rid of in favor of this new one.

The Samsung WF5000 washer is terrific. It's been problem free, has a great variety of settings, and really washes clothes well and leaves them damp (not sopping wet). The DV5000 Samsung dryer was a disappointment. We had to have a service call because it was making strange noises and the tech supposedly checked the settings, but it still takes multiple cycles to get anything dry - including simple/light loads.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung Front Loading Washer and Dryer - recommended by a family member. They are good-looking and work fairly well. My only complaint is that the pump filter on the washer clogs fairly often (I have dog hair in my laundry always). Cleaning the filter and draining the whole washer is a total pain. I have a large family and I do laundry - 2+ loads per day. I consider features, ease of use, water usage, and energy efficiency. Also I'd want quiet if that's possible. Must be sturdy and be able to run several times a day for years. I'd want mine to last a minimum of 10 years as they are expensive.

My Samsung Washer and dryer set are beautiful to look at. I have them in a stainless finish. I have had them for 6 years and they are still mostly going strong. Have had to do several rounds of repairs which is not my favorite part. I own several dogs and 3 boys so I do a ton of laundry and the machines have to work pretty hard (actually VERY hard)! I like that the units can either be on a pedestal or can stack. I have configured mine both ways in the time I have had them. I have them stacked now and love that. When I am ready for a new set, I'll probably go for Miele because I feel like the reliability could be better on the Samsungs.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Top Loader Samsung with digital display and with multiple programs and what is termed a direct drive stainless bin. It appears well engineered, quiet in operation and easy on the wear and tear of clothes. Cold water washing is a quality of soap and the ability of the washer to accommodate cold water. One with at least 10 years parts and service guarantee. One that cleans the clothes and does not vibrate across the floor. Energy wise, the machine does use an efficient motor. Capacity could be about 3 pounds more of clothing. We are a family of 9 and the machine is used for 5 to 10 loads (sheets, clothing) per week.

Knowing that the spare parts will be available for the machine after the guarantee period. These new machines have electronic display panels and microprocessors to manage the sensors, the water load, and rotational spin. If this set of components failed, the repair costs may exceed half the price of a new replacement machine. The machine we purchased came with a 10 year direct drive mechanism. The machine's instruction manual for installation and use were very well done, and with today's internet technology, if we need further information about the machine, we need only visit the website. Partial model info wa456hd.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Cost, options and brand were the deciding factors in my selection. It has an extra large tub, and many options to make sure you will get the particular load clean. We've had our Samsung about a year. I really like the fact that it doesn't get off-balance and jump around on the floor of the laundry room. I want to be able to wash a large load. I don't want the tub to get off-balance and shake the house. The variety of options with my Samsung makes me very glad we chose this appliance. Washing my clothes is now an easy chore.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung washer and dryer with steam. Get options with low cost. Cleans and dries well. Have had these machines about 2 years. What bothered me about these machines, nothing really. They do the job the way I'd expect. I look for capacity, energy efficiency, discounts, brand reputation. These two machines have it all -- high capacity, high energy efficiency, discounts, and excellent brand reputation. At under $1000 for the pair which include features like steam for both the wash and dry cycles these machines were a steal. Quick, quiet, and excellent results make these machines an excellent buy.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Uses significantly less water and soap. Agitation is very complete. Washer turned jacket inside out down to the sleeves. We are very happy. Efficiency of wash and dry cycle. Dryer has settings for how dry you want the load and it is very accurate. More dry even gets comforters dry. Reliability has been key. I purchased a less expensive dishwasher and it had a problem causing $10,000 of damage to floors and cabinets. These are full size front loading; when I installed them we stacked them. Once I remodeled the laundry room I switched them to side by side on platforms; they are definitely easier to use in that configuration.

Original review: March 22, 2016

Don't even know where to start. My 2 year old Samsung washing machine just completely exploded the other day. I am trying to find phone numbers to contact Samsung but everything I see is a Australia number. After doing lots of research I see that this is an ongoing problem but my machine is not listed as a recall. I had the company where I bought the machine from say it is repairable. How can you repair something made of metal that is not even a square anymore--and even think that it will work properly?

I will never have another Samsung in my house. I am now worried that my Samsung dryer will catch on fire. I am also hearing that they are blaming the consumer for not loading the machines properly. Why don't these machines have a warning system that lets you know that it is off balance or stops if it is not properly working or loaded? Does anyone out there have a number from within the USA that I can contact them?

Original review: March 22, 2016

Purchased my Samsung washer/dryer 7-8-2013 and now I'm on 3rd repair which by the way is the direct drive!!! Even though it has been making that horrible noise since the 3rd month of having it (which the technician said was normal???) it finally pooped out completely!!! Just so you know the drivetrain has a 10 yr warranty but does not include travel, diagnosis and repair of the unit even though in the manual it says at no cost to the consumer!!! If you're having rust issues around bleach cup or anywhere else inside, apparently there was a recall that they won't tell you about. Which was my second repair!

They had to replace the entire top with electronic board at that time. I just found out there had been a recall on that but yet the serviceman at that time was very rude and told me not to expect it to be fixed if it happens again??! Customer service for the most part was ok with just 2 hours on the phone being transferred from one person to another. Speaking English helps sometimes??? I will soon be purchasing yet another washer and it will never ever be a Samsung!! FYI... My old washer was 10 yrs and still going strong when I sold them (Maytag)!!!

Original review: March 21, 2016

The bleach and detergent dispensers are both rusting on my washer which is 2.5 years old. I purchased the extended 5 year warranty, but Samsung tells me this defect is not covered. They also claim there are no other reports of this sort, yet I find hundreds of them on the internet. I wish I had checked there BEFORE I bought a Samsung.

Original review: March 19, 2016

Worst appliances I have ever purchased in 30 years. Washer and dryer have been problematic literally 2 days after the warranty expired. Drainage problems, spin cycle issues are the primary problems. Clothes smell like they have are moldy which I am told by the repair shop is a common problem. The drum literally rotated itself through the door and out of the machine (1 year and 2 days into use) and the hose broke in the process causing water damage to the floors and ceiling below, etc. Have had repairs at least 2x a year since the initial purchase and have invested $800 in repairs. The last repair person estimated the cost to repair the machine at $1179. The machine is 3 years old. I hope I can prevent you from making the same mistake I made. Don't buy a SAMSUNG!

Original review: March 19, 2016

Samsung WA48J7700A top load washer. "JUNK". We have owned this washer for six months. This machine does not clean laundry. We have tried everything. If you set it on heavy duty you can wait 2 hours for it to finish one load and the clothes are still not clean. Just and awful appliance and to think we bought the top of the line. Lowe's won't do anything. They took our money when we bought it but they won't stand behind it. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 19, 2016

I purchased my Samsung Washer model WA5451ANW approximately 4 years ago. Everything was fine until a year and half ago when my washer mysteriously stopped working. I called Samsung and, of course, it is out of warranty. I am a single mom with 5 children so having a non-working washer is not an option. A technician came out and said he needed to replace the Sub PCB. He ordered the part and scheduled an appointment for the installation. When he came back out, he replaced the Sub PCB and the motor. The machine worked but I kept getting an error message 8E and DC. The technician came out again and replaced the water valve and the PCB main board.

Unfortunately, the error continued. The unit will wash, get to the spin cycle and then the error will occur. If we push the start/pause button rapidly, sometimes it will reset and continue to wash. Other times, it will drain and start the load all over again. That was the fix we lived with for a year because I couldn't afford to get it looked at or replace it. My water bill has doubled from the washer restarting the loads. We got to the point where it took 5 hours to wash one load of clothes. I finally got someone out to look at it again. I wish I had just replaced it. This time it needed a harness and a sensor. Like the desperate and broke mother I am, I told him to fix it because he said this would do the job. Wrong. Now the washer won't drain water at all. I wish I had never tried to repair it at all. With all the money I spent, I could have bought a new machine.

Now I am stuck going to the laundromat until I get enough money to buy a new machine. This has been a horrible experience and I will never buy another Samsung washer again. Samsung should admit that there is an issue with their units. It seems that I am not the only person having these issues. Samsung do the right thing and refund our money!

Original review: March 17, 2016

We had a Kenmore for 17 years and I was sad that it finally quit working. So we went shopping and purchased our $1,000 samsung (no you do not deserve the respect of being capitalized). It's a top loader, completely digital, washing machine and is now a little over 2 years old. The last two months have been horrible. I can't get the machine to spin the water out of clothes efficiently enough to put them in the dryer. And no it does not matter the size or bulk of the load. I have tried using the spin only cycle, a 12 min. cycle and at 9 min. the tub sounds like it is going to come out of the machine. I pause the machine, rearrange the items, hit restart and it starts dumping water into the load. So, I stand there stopping and starting the cycle for the first 3 of 12 min about 7-8 times before I can get enough of the water off that the items are not dripping wet.

No I have not called customer service. What good will it do? We live in the rural part of the state and nobody comes out here. I just wanted it to be known what a poor product you (samsung) have and after reading all the other posts on your website I am appalled at your lack of customer service for those who have called. No one has time to make daily calls and wait all day for a service tech who might or might not show up only to have to repeat the process multiple times. Maybe you need to put some of that profit back into your products. As of now I will not longer be buying any of your products; appliances, electronics, or phones (that's a whole novel in its self- and the main reason I did not attempt to call on the washer. I will tell everyone I know what a bad products you create and I will be looking for a Kenmore machine.

Original review: March 15, 2016

Since I bought this washer I have to do hand wash first because this new system doesn't work. They told me how to wash and what kind of detergent but still doesn't work. I'm on hold more than 50 min and doesn't answer the call. This happened in this kind of machine.

Original review: March 15, 2016

Samsung Washer WA400 -- DO NOT BUY THIS WASHER! Or any other Samsung as far as I'm concerned. I purchased the washer and dryer from Home Depot. Very expensive set and right from the start I had trouble with the washer. There were two different service problems within 6 months. The serviceman told me that things weren't hooked up that should have been done at the factory. However he got it working. Recently the washer had stopped going through a complete cycle. I tried everything that the manual told me to do. Still not working properly. I was finally fed up and called Samsung. They will not stand behind their product. Oh I can someone come out and look at it, but first I have to give a $135.00 fee just to have a tech come out. I fear for any other charges that I am sure will come. It's just not right to give this kind of money for a set and have to put even more money into in less than 2 years.

Original review: March 14, 2016

I had a one year extended warranty on this washer - four calls in first year. Problems w/ water discharge (continually draining and restarting) and out of balance continually. Warranty expired, balance issues continue - and I can't afford to get it fixed. GARBAGE APPLIANCES - same w/ stove and fridge!

Original review: March 11, 2016

I bought a Samsung WA45H7000A high efficiency top loader... big mistake. This machine does not put enough water in the machine to cover the load. The clothes are not clean when the washer stops. I did call customer service and they said they could refer us to a repair technician. The machine is two months out of warranty and being a senior citizen on a fixed income, I cannot afford a repair tech. Very disappointed and will not buy another Samsung product...

Original review: March 10, 2016

We purchased Samsung front loader and matching dryer as well as the pedestals model WF410ANW 4 1/2 years ago. We are only a two family and the machines are used probably 2-3 times a week and are not overloaded with clothes. We maintain our machine monthly and now are expecting a 375.00 to as much as 500.00 repair bill. I spoke to Samsung this morning and because of the age of the machine (4 1/2 years) they were not willing to even address our dismay but to recommend another repair company and another service charge we have already had two repairmen look at the machine and have confirmed the problem (a broken drum) very unusual since the machine has not been moved and has been maintained.

I did request the address or email of their current CEO Mr. Choi and even at our expense to meet with him or someone on the executive level to discuss our disappointment with this product. We are going to purchase another washer this weekend and it will not be a Samsung. Buyer beware as we have heard from others to not purchase Samsung appliances.

Original review: March 9, 2016

Samsung WF407ANWXAA Washing Machine is HORRIBLE! I will never buy a Samsung washing machine or dryer ever again. I have replaced over $450 in parts and this piece of ** still doesn't work. 1st the drum support arm corroded and broke apart within 3 years, then the pump and motor went the next year. Now it will not spin at high speed so clothes are always soaking wet. DO NOT BUY ANY SAMSUNG WASHERS OR DRYERS! You will regret it. You've been warned.

Original review: March 8, 2016

Purchased Samsung washer and dryer brand new 4 months ago through Lowe's. Dryer quit heating. Contacted Lowe's who set me up with a repair. Repairman was sent to the wrong address and would not come to my house. I contacted Samsung who said they would escalate my repair. Next day I received a voicemail saying that they had cancelled my repair because my dryer was "out of warranty". Called Lowe's back and they made me an appointment with someone else. In the meantime, I called Samsung's Customer Service - no one spoke English as their primary language. I asked to speak to a Supervisor who put me on hold while he investigated my report. Then I was disconnected after about 30 minutes. Will never purchase Samsung anything again!!!

Original review: March 8, 2016

Our washing machine is 7 months old and still in warranty... We now have 3 error codes that show up (de, ue & 4e). We followed every instruction as to how to fix it, checking the hoses for kinks, turning off water supply and resetting etc.. Nothing has worked so we requested for a repairman to come see it. I had all the faith in Samsung and our first encounter on the phone was eventful... Well that is what I thought at the time.

They said they had created an order number and a technician will call us the day after to set up a time to assess the machine.. So now it is after 8pm the day after and it has taken me more than 20 trips to the laundry today to try wash 2 loads of washing. Our machine would not stop beeping and let's just say at 40 weeks pregnant it isn't pleasant to be woken up by a faulty machine that many times. After trying to take out the drenched clothes that wouldn't spin and having to call my partner in to help me... We gave up in washing our clothes.. Heavens knows how on earth we are going to wash baby clothes when our baby arrives any day now.

And to make matters worse no call today from Samsung - I had to call them today again begging for someone to please be sent out to fix this issue which has been happening for over a month now. They assured me our order has been put on a priority list and someone will call us tomorrow. A washing machine is not like a tv, it is a necessity nowadays. If this prolongs any longer we will have to resort to taking all our washing down to the gas station to be washed. This is highly inconvenient with a newborn baby, costly and seems unnecessary especially when we bought a brand new Samsung washing machine only 7 months ago. Our other option is to fork out another 1000 on a machine.. Obviously not Samsung brand because we need a working washing machine now before our baby arrives.

I used to work for Samsung whilst I was at University and I do really hope they can fix these issues a lot of people are having with their faulty machines. But they need to realise when it comes to a washing machine the turnaround time needs to be no more than 1 week or compensation should at least be offered to try keep customers somewhat happy with the service. Do not buy one of these machines - it is not worth the added stress!

Samsung Washers Company Information