Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2007 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 27, 2016

The inside of our $1,000 top loading Samsung washing machine is rusting out on the INSIDE of the machine, getting rust on clothing. The phone representatives tell us it is COSMETIC -- WHAT??? It's the interior of the machine and damaging our clothing and bedding. The $230 warranty is a piece of junk. we would love very much to begin a class action lawsuit. Hhgregg sold us the washing machine, refer us to the warranty company they made contract with, and NO ONE will even send out a representative or service person to examine for themselves. AVOID BOTH COMPANIES -- a total scam and rip off. NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 100 OAKS HHGREGG.

Original review: April 22, 2016

The lettering on the washer came off, I no longer can tell the settings. I have contacted Samsung and also the company we bought this machine from. They are doing nothing for us. The machine isn't even three years old. I plan on letting everyone I know about this problem and the poor customer service from Samsung.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Do NOT repeat DO NOT BUY a SAMSUNG WASHING MACHINE or DRYER!! Do NOT SPEND your HARD EARNED MONEY on SAMSUNG. I have both - they do not wash clothes properly or fully dry them. I have my machines 5 months. I spoke with customer services numerous times. Today I spoke with them for 1 hour with no results. They were very unprofessional and insulting. I have to give up at this stage and get some money together to buy a new washing machine and dryer. This is very upsetting that this huge company Samsung can get away with doing this to their customers.

Original review: April 18, 2016

Our barely 3 year old washing machine went kaput this last week. We originally thought it was a balancing issue, but after having a professions come out to take a look, we found it to be much much worse. A very important part filled with concrete snapped into 3 pieces. The service repair guy didn't even know what could have caused such a thing and told us to stay away from Samsung washers. We paid about $566 December 2012 and went ahead and had to buy a new washer this weekend. I really don't believe that we put large/heavy amounts of clothes in the machine. It doesn't make sense what could have caused such a thing. No one had even washed comforters or anything of the sort.

Original review: April 18, 2016

My washing machine, purchased on March 27, 2015 has had (3) separate occurrences of the same issue. The electronics inside the unit keep failing for some reason. We have contacted Samsung regarding warranty repair. Samsung sent another company out to fix the issue (3) different times now. This last time all the technician did was to assess the issue. We never heard from the repair company again. We attempted to call the repair company several times. Only once did they answer the phone. When they did, they said they would have to call us back and never did. We contacted Samsung again, and had the issue escalated to the Executive Customer Relations department, who sent the issue out for a review for Accommodation of Replacement that was turned down, because the service center said they had us scheduled for service, DESPITE the fact that they closed out the service ticket.

We contacted Samsung a week later to get the results of the review, and they explained that the service center was going to attempt service. We told Samsung Executive Customer Relations that the service center had not contacted us to schedule the service. They issued ANOTHER review for accommodation which was supposed to be expedited so we could get a new unit. We called back, and they told us the review had been declined again, for the same purpose. Again, we attempted to contact the service center, and got no answer.

We contacted Samsung again, and received the runaround from the Call Center that handles Samsung's calls. We were put on hold indefinitely, so we hung up and called again, this time they directed us to Exec. Cust. Relations as we requested, and we got the runaround from them. They transferred us to the service center, and the service center told us they were going to call us some time today to schedule the repair -- but since we called, they could schedule us for 1-5pm tomorrow afternoon. This is a ridiculous situation. Samsung is not taking care of us as a customer.

I would like Samsung to replace our washer. It would also be nice to recover some of the money I have had to spend at the laundromat over the past 6 weeks while we have waited for the repairs. I would like the replacement as soon as humanly possible. The unit we have seems to be a lemon and has had to be repaired for the same thing (3) times. Replacement seems like the best option to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: April 16, 2016

This is the worst washer I have ever had. I've learned to live with it, but I can't wash blankets. Guess I'll take them to the laundromat, but that is ridiculous when I paid over one thousand dollars for this washer. It is impossible to get it level with certain loads. You'd have to be an engineer to load it so that it would spin the water out of the blankets. What I've had to do is take them out and dry them for hours because they're still soaking wet. Once it worked to add extra towels, but that only worked once.

Original review: April 14, 2016

We have a 13 mo old washer that when I checked on it it had 20 min left to wash. When I returned home there was water all over the floor and the tub ring was torn apart. Samsung said it was 3 yr warranty no problem. Sent A &E Appliances the man was extremely rude and said it wasn't covered only 12 mo. Showed him the booklet, told him what Samsung said. After arguing with him he said "sure I will fix it but you have to pay labor and I don't know what else is wrong with it." Needless to say it didn't get fixed. Called Samsung back, different guy on the phone not as pleasant as the 1st. Told him I do not want A & E back out, was on the phone for 30 min as he had to re-enter info and get me a new reference number and have a new company out. Then he hung up on me while I was waiting for a new number.

Original review: April 14, 2016

About a year ago we purchase a Samsung front loading washing machine. One of the reasons was that it came with a standard 2 year warranty from Samsung with 5 year option to extend and a 10 year warranty on the motor. We regularly clean the machine including the soap tray, inside the drum and the filter. Cleaning the filter first involves draining the residual water via the "Emergency Drain Hose" as noted in the manual. On 5th April 2016, when following the instructions as usual, withdrawing the hose from its 2 cm. hole, resulted the plug coming out and the hose retracting, disappearing inside the machine casing where it discharged rendering the machine unusable. We have not damaged the machine. We reported the problem to Samsung Service Support who shocked us when they stated that the hose was, "too short" but any repair would be at the customer's cost!

Since then Samsung have stated that the machine is not "defective in materials nor workmanship " as stated in their warranty. This is a false statement. If it is not defective then the problem should not have occurred. Stated that certain parts are excluded from the warranty. This is a false statement. Neither the hose nor any other "certain parts" are listed as exceptions in the warranty! Not arranged to have the problem fixed, problem by an engineer via their "Authorized Service Centre" as they proposed. Another false statement. The result is that we have been considerably inconvenienced by not having the use of our washing machine for the past nine days and probably into the future since it seems that Samsung will continue to deny their own warranty.

Original review: April 14, 2016

We purchased the Samsung top load washer Sept. 2014. Washer had four service calls within the first year. I was told my floor was uneven by two technicians. Apparently that was what was causing all the UE codes and added time to the washer. After leveling washer repeatedly I am down to getting one load washed within the span of several hours. I've called repeatedly and have paid for multiple services. They would have me believe that my slightly uneven floor is the source of the multiple problems. Whatever you do, "DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG WASHER".

Original review: April 12, 2016

I have less than a year old front loader washer and dryer. The washer leaks and the ​dryer sound like the drum has started to rust. They are a piece of junk. Stay away from this brand. I have had other brands before these and they last at least ten years before having any issues.

Original review: April 12, 2016

I submitted a review at the time my Samsung Washer started on fire, but as I see more and more people experiencing problems and asking for guidance in selecting between Samsung and LG, I feel I should share what I actually found out after extensive research online. I also feel I should add that I bought my problematic Samsung washer (and dryer) from Lowe's, and I almost fell for them selling me a replacement, calling it a freak occurrence, denying they knew about any issues, until my research showed the problems are known globally and all over the internet.

The main issue, as many demos illustrate on Youtube, is that Samsung used substandard, to U.S. requirements, some sort of composite concrete that breaks down with any water leakage or even on its own based on tremendous force exerted with front-loading washers. The physics is explained in detail online Maytag had similar issue in the beginning, but jumped in immediately and fixed the problem. Samsung did nothing (at least up until a year ago that I verified). The composite concrete (referred to as concrete crap or astro concrete in Youtube videos) breaks apart and flies all around the washer, under the tub, damaging tubs and motor, making horrible noise, and when not found by Samsung dispatched repair people (who SHOULD know and I feel DO KNOW the problem), will continue to break down and even start a fire.

I swapped mine out for a front-loading LG and it is an absolute DREAM! No bad odor, no excessive noise or time to complete cycles, no self-demolishing aspect, and most importantly, NO FIRES. To be reasonable, I made every attempt to get Samsung to acknowledge that they knew the problem existed...with only complete denial of having any knowledge of this occurring often (not that it happened, they acknowledged that) even when I directed them to the posted public videos capturing the facts. Stay safe... Stay away from Samsung front-loading washing machines.

Original review: April 11, 2016

My high tech front loader (very expensive) failed after only 23 months of use. The solution...replace the motherboard $300. I only paid $700 for the machine. No one has the motherboard in stock or can tell me when one is available. Oh, the existing motherboard cannot be repaired - or even have the fuse changed - it's covered at the factory in a quarter inch layer of epoxy to prevent anyone fixing it.

Original review: April 10, 2016

My experience is the same as the myriad of other reviews of this product. I bought the washer in the summer of 2012. In less than four year the machine has rusted out around the bleach and soap dispensers. None of the preset (can't customize washes) was settings allow for enough water during the wash or rinse cycles and clothes always come out unclean and with large spots of soap residue. Loads have to be washed multiple times. In the past six months the drum has started to make a loud clicking and rubbing noise and the agitation cycle has become very rough. My guess is the plastic/rubber dampeners and main bushings are going out. Despite all of these problems Samsung is unwilling to warranty or even address any of the problems. A $1000 machine should last much longer than four years.

Original review: April 10, 2016

We bought a Samsung washer and dryer 18 months ago replacing our whirlpool set. The dryer model WF425000AW motor went out on the Samsung just after 18 months of use. No more Samsung for my family.

Original review: April 8, 2016

Brand new top load washer I purchased to stay away from the front load washer which I had read so many negative reviews about. Thought I was escaping the issue but unfortunately did not. Samsung typically has great products but this washer is not one of them. Interior tub of washer began smelling like mold 2 months ago. Performed all the quick fixes in the manual. Called customer service and performed all those fixes. Changed detergent used and cleaned drum regularly. Bottom line nothing worked. Mold smell is now permeating the laundry room and the kitchen adjacent. Customer Service had tech come out who wrote on the ticket "no solution for odor". Washer just purchased September 2015 so full warranty still in effect. Samsung customer service reps doing nothing so far. Have not offered replacement, have not offered money back, have done nothing. The point of warranty is?

What I think they are doing is to drag this out until the warranty expires in September thereby making the repair bill, parts and labor my responsibility. I have requested that Samsung come and get this machine out of my house. They sold me a product that does not work as directed and should be replaced or removed while still under warranty. Will not purchase another Samsung product whether it's phone, tv, or appliance unless they get this washer out of my home and refund me enough money to go and get a whirlpool or GE. Both of which were appliances I owned prior and worked for over 10 years without issue.

Original review: March 31, 2016

WARNING: Do Not Buy! My wife bought the pair 6 years ago. The washer has a slight leak for the past 4 years and has started to rust under where we put in the soap etc. I've fixed the dryer heating sensors more than once, technical support is awful. They will not stand the test of time! They will fail you! I had an old pair of GE washer and dryer that I had for 15 years and they were working when I sold them and I miss them dearly!

Original review: March 30, 2016

I actually had two Samsung washers, brand new. The first one was awful, did not wash clothes properly. You could not get hot water when you wanted, very loud, clothes smelt old, and were left dirty. The second one they sent as a replacement was just as bad. The only good thing, I was able to have it replaced by a General Electric which I love...

Original review: March 29, 2016

My washing machine is only three years old and every year since we had to call Samsung to repair the basket which costs me $270. Do not buy from this company. There are better washing machines out there. Before Samsung I had my Whirlpool for 10 years without any problems. Both times the repair tech told me this should not happen again but I believe next year this will happen again so I am getting rid of it before it do!!

Original review: March 29, 2016

My Samsung washer model # WF328AW/Xaa02 was a real disappointment. When I purchased it, I took the 5-year repair plan. At the 6th year two major parts broke and it did not pay to repair it. I contacted both Samsung and PC Richards (my retailer) for help and after several phone calls no one offered any assistance. My previous cheapo top load washer worked good for about 15 years and I expected that an expensive washer as the Samsung would last at least as long, was I wrong. Needless to say I'll never buy any Samsung products again or go to PC Richards.

Original review: March 29, 2016

My wife's dream came true... Her first new Samsung washer & dryer! Pretty red, front loaders, top of the line (very expensive). We sacrificed to get them! Problems from the beginning with both machines. Noisy, grinding, wobbling. 4 tech repair visits and all said same thing! Bad machines, cheap, many issues. Began process of complaining to Lowe's (runaround), Lowe's Service (dead end), Warranty Service (said flat out forget it), Samsung (runaround). Summary wife's dream has died! DON'T BUY SAMSUNG, DON'T SHOP LOWE'S!

Original review: March 29, 2016

Bought the machine new just three years ago, along with a Samsung dryer. Over $1,600 was our purchase price from the Brick. There was only light domestic use for our family of 3. The washing machine started banging loud with a normal load on high spin. Leaked water all over the floor. Called repair service in. After an assessment and minor repair ($300+) it was established that the motor, direct drive and water sensor needed replacing. I contacted Samsung. They only covered the motor part only. The labour for the motor plus the parts and labour for the other two components were not covered. This repair cost estimated at around $600 would have exceeded the cost of a new washer especially when taking the original repair and assessment into account.

When I tried escalating the issue to a superior I was denied every time. It is unacceptable for a washing machine three years old to have broken down like this and for the manufacturer to show so much disdain for its customers to deny them of full coverage. I am now forced to buy a new machine. It is the only route to go considering the repair cost. If this is how Samsung treats its customers, they can forget about me buying any more of their products. Computers, monitors, TV's, appliances, EVERYTHING.

This company has picked my pocket by refusing to reimburse a once loyal customer who had purchased an obvious lemon. Spread the word. I am a procurement manager for a large organization and I can promise you it has tainted my view of Samsung products and I will make it my goal to pass the word to others. In future I'll look for a manufacturer that offers better life cycle costing and respects their customers.

Original review: March 28, 2016

Like many others, the bleach dispenser started to rust. Then I noticed rust along the edge of the soap/softener dispenser (meaning, I suppose, that the rust is swishing through my machine and clothing). This can't be safe for baby clothes! Their contact number is 1-800-726-7864. Good luck getting anyone to help though.

Original review: March 28, 2016

Samsung WA8700 washer - Save your money and don't purchase this washer. I purchased washer/dryer set in November 2015 and called technical support within the first month. Clothes are not washing properly from lack of water. Water never fills above the clothes and the agitation is so slow that clothes never go below the water line. Black clothes come out with soap spots. Tech support says to put the rinse cycle twice (where's the energy savings). It's like buying one of those water saving toilets that you have to flush twice. Tech support recommend to use the Heavy Duty setting because the water level would be higher (tried it, doesn't work) and the clothes take 1 1/2 hours for a small load.

Original review: March 26, 2016

Samsung washer top loader and dryer are 4 years old. Selling points water saver adjusts according to size of load and can wash a queen size comforter. 1st issue, top of washer tub (the blue plastic piece) was leaving shavings in wash load. They said it was due to uneven loading and putting one item in or small loads instead of full loads. Only 1 item load is queen comforter and apparently can't wash it alone. Hmmm. 2nd small loads self-adjust just can't wash small loads? This was 2 months after I purchased. Repairman came in and shaved the plastic that was coming off. After many calls finally got a new tub. No problem with that since Samsung would not accept receipts Sears produced. Not enough info on receipt to allow warranty.

2nd issue, 1 1/2 years pump went out in washer. Repairman stated issue with pump's location and the drum knocks it off (repairman crazy or Samsung issue). All I know is they had a converter to change location of it so it didn't happen that says it happens a lot. 3rd issue started at 3 years. Rust around bleach cup but that's not all look at the rim in that area as well it's rusting out underneath all the way to the tub are. It is now 4 years old. Nothing but problems and clothes well probably cleaner if I hand wash them.

Original review: March 25, 2016

It was a beautiful color and the new style and I liked the glass lid so I could see in. I had the appliance a couple of years and it started not spinning properly. Always said it was off balance. No appliance repair person could fix it. They all said it works the best it can, which was intermittently and getting worse. Terrible!!! The most important factors are capacity and cost. Looks are secondary. Brand is relevant only to durability, lack of repair problems. Regular repairs are the worst part. I hated that I had just bought the new appliance and the fancy stuff doesn't work nearly as well as the tried and true old style, which is harder and harder to find. Front loaders are terrible b/c they require maintenance or smell. The ones without the agitator in the middle hold more but tend to go out of balance. I like being able to see inside and to open the lid when I want. Makers need more old-school washers that actually work instead of look fancy.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung front loader. Love my Samsung TV and DVD player. Slightly higher than others. I will NEVER buy another Samsung washing machine. 3 months after my extended warranty expired the drum bearing went. I was quoted a price of $800 (not including labor). I called Samsung customer service, got nowhere. Called NE office. The woman said she was the secretary for the VP and she was extremely nasty and of course did nothing for me. I loved it when I bought it but they don't stand behind their products.

This washing machine was very expensive and for it to last under 5 years too outrageous. Not to mention it is only myself and my husband in my home. Brand reputation is first on my list. I will be checking customer reviews for my next washer. Needs to be energy efficient and of course sale price. A lot of bad customer reviews would be my first deal breaker. We all need to be educated consumers nowadays because big companies don't care if you are dissatisfied. I am so frustrated with Samsung I will repeat myself. I have a 5 year old Samsung Steam Washer and Dryer HE. 3 months after my extended warranty ran out my washer died. The Samsung approved repairman said it was a front bearing and would cost $800 PLUS labor. I tried to get Samsung to give us a break on the part but of course they would help. I will never buy another Samsung washer. These new appliances are very expensive and they are throwaways.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Thought Samsung made good products. They do, TV's and phone but their wash machines are complete junk and the support is non-existent. I have had this washer for less than 3 years and the entire inside started to rust out because the cheap pot metal they used was not painted or treated. Rust flakes were falling in and staining my clothes. Bought washer at Lowe's and they did NOTHING to help get it replaced.

I will never purchase another Samsung product ever. When I buy my next appliances they will be from an appliance store that will service and support what they sell and never again purchase from a Lowe's or Home Depot type place. RUST. My Samsung piece of junk has rusted out from the inside out and now I cannot wash white clothes in it for fear of rust chips ruining my clothes. Skip Samsung and you will be fine and skip Lowe's if you want any help when you have problems. Do yourself a favor and search ratings and reviews on the product before you buy and you will see all the people that have complained about Samsung washers.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Originally purchased because I thought Samsung was a good brand. Once started you cannot make a change to a wash cycle without restarting the wash. Washer keeps breaking. Dealer can not fix - 3 years. Dryer works great, very quick. Washers has had numerous problems. Have spent over $400 in repairs and it is broken again. A normal wash cycle takes over 4 hours. One of the times it was broke - the agitator was broken, I am not sure how long it was broke before we noticed. You cannot open lid without pausing the wash.

Original review: March 25, 2016

It is a very reliable brand and the color. I have had the washer and dryer set for eight months. There is nothing about my new set that bothered me. I look for a brand that is reliable and nice looking. I need a 4.5 capacity washer and dryer. It has to be energy efficient. Discounts are a blessing and brand reputation is most important because you want appliances that are reliable. Regular repairs would definitely be a deal breaker. Low quality construction as well. Paint chipping and rusting on the inside are horrible as well. I have a Samsung washer and dryer. The machine is top loading and the dryer is a front loader. They are both 4.5 capacity. The washer has a rinse sink built inside which is a really unique feature. I got a good deal by purchasing both at the same time.

Original review: March 25, 2016

Samsung front load washer. It was recommended by a friend, and the price was right too! The fact that it had a 10 year warranty on the transmission. I have had it just over a year. Some bearings went on it, and it needed to be completely taken apart to replace! Very happy that was still under warranty! I look for something reliable, affordable (for me). Most are now energy efficient and capacity so I can do most any size load. It would have to be reliable! I can't be spending money on repairs! The construction and loss of socks would also play into it, however, it seems every dryer eats a sock now and then! The Samsung washer is very reliable, and is well built! When it comes to washing capabilities, it rocks it out! It has many different settings, including speed wash, which I find helps speed up the laundry day blues!

Samsung Washers Company Information