1.2/5 (45 ratings)

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

Cons

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I purchased the washer that the lid flies off and practically decapitates people; you should see what you have to go through to get compensation for that! Had the Samsung dryer as well, Model #DV45H7000EW/A2, Serial #0AHA5BBH701266R, purchased the dryer less than 6 months ago, it started making a terrible noise that was so LOUD!! Called on a Wednesday, the girl on the phone had my husband on the phone for 90 minutes, and said a technician would be calling us within 48 hours, that never happened. I called back the following Wednesday to find out what was going on, and they didn't know anything about it!! The first girl I spoke with was so dumb, sorry to say that, but it's true, she could barely type in our name, so asked to talk with a supervisor, that took forever.

Finally when the supervisor got on the phone, her English was so poor we could barely communicate with each other. That call took all morning. Then finally they gave me a technician's name and number, which I had to call. The technician did a good job, so thankful for that. Then, a few minutes ago I received a phone call from Samsung, asking me to rate my experience, which I gave the technician a good rating but the others a low score, and the young man on the phone hung up on me even though I was just explaining to him my experience. Never use this company. It feels likes it's being run by a 9 year old, and I feel bad putting down 9 year olds with that comment. Scumbags!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I bought my Samsung washer in June from Sears. I started this process in early November as soon as I was notified of the recall. After repeated attempts to get my washer repaired, I have given up. They schedule appointments and don't keep them. When I call and complain, they say they can reschedule but then there aren't any appointments available! Then they say someone will call back but that never happens either! The other issue is you choose to have the washer replaced, you have to buy one of theirs to get the best rebate AND you have to buy the new washer first and mail the receipt in for a rebate that takes weeks and weeks to get. I don't want another Samsung washer, but I'll only get 400 bucks back towards a new one which means I'll be out 200 bucks for a washer I've had for a few months that doesn't get my clothes clean to begin with. Not right or fair. Never again will I buy a Samsung product. Can you help?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

SAMSUNG STEAM DRYER STAINLESS PLATINUM - We purchased a brand new home with brand new appliances September 29, 2015. On September 21, 2016 our dryer was making terrible high-pitched squealing sounds. We arranged for a service tech to look at our dryer on September 29, 2016, as it was warranty work. On January 14, 2017, we experienced the same squealing sounds and had to take our laundry to a laundromat as I was not comfortable using the dryer. I called Samsung and was placed on hold for an hour and a half where I was advised that they could not do anything for me as the warranty was expired even though I was calling about a problem that was identified within the first year of warranty and obviously was replaced with a defective part. Terrible customer service for a brand new product!!! I will never buy Samsung or recommend Samsung again! Disgusting!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I purchased a W/D set from Samsung in July of 2015. The washer died at the end of December 2016.. just four months out of warranty. Upon finding the recall I realized the options they gave us were garbage, but felt safest with a new (AS I BELIEVE TO BE NEWLY MANUFACTURED) machine but it was an unsold and PATCHED version of the previous one with a new model number slapped on it. When it arrived I started a load and it broke on the FIRST WASH-- I am out $2200 and cannot get a hold of a live person at Samsung. THIS RECALL IS A FARCE -- IT IS A SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My Samsung top loader washer was involved in the recall. I opted for the fix since the rebate would not be enough to cover even half of what a new washer would cost me. The "fix" just made things worse. My bedding now comes out soaking wet. This is causing a strain on my dryer and my patience. My Samsung dryer now has to run over time. I'm ready to throw this machine out and cut my losses.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I bought a Samsung washer. We all know they're not cheap (dollarwise) but this machine has never worked right. Clothes didn't get clean. Takes over an hour to wash a load of clothes. The washer will not spin out so it's worthless even though it has a 10 year warranty. The warranty however isn't worth much if Samsung will not address the problem. 3 months and I'm still waiting on a service guy to come look at this machine. The laundromat knows me by name. I wouldn't tell anybody what to do if they are in a similar situation but here is what I'm going to do. In the morning I'm going to go buy another washer. I'm going to put this Samsung washer on the back of my pick-up and have a HUGE sign that reads. "Samsung washers are junk." I'm going to leave this washer and HUGE sign telling my experience with Samsung for the next month or two and drive everywhere.

It's not going to get my money back but I might give people a heads up on what they can expect when buying a Samsung washer. I won't put anything on the sign that isn't true and I hope I cost them $1.000.000 in sales. They can't sue me because everything will be 100 truth. For those people with the same problem with Samsung you might want to do something of a similar nature. Maybe we might get their attention being they won't talk to us on the phone or show up to fix their junk washers. One last note. Offering a person 10 cents on the dollar, and they want to sell you another washer to boot is way past an insult. My washer is on the recall list so I know I'm not alone with this problem.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Received the information from Samsung in the mail today. Called and shared with them that due to this issue, and several repairs, we had to junk the washing machine 4 months ago because they don't make the part to fix the drum breaking due to violent shaking of the machine (reason for recall). We had issues from the very start (2013) with error codes, the DC code (distribute clothes) and excessive shaking of the drum when it was spinning. My machine would actually move back towards the wall, it shook so hard. Needless to say, the machine was a piece of junk.

I purchased it at Lowe's for $600 and still have all receipts. But because I don't have access to the sticker on the back of the machine due to the fact we got rid of it, I have nothing to show for my "so called rebate." They will be hearing from me in the form of a letter. Does anyone notice in this new tech generation that they are making appliances cheaper and cheaper, but they cost so much more? I remember growing up using the same washer/dryer for 20 years. Now, you're lucky if you get 5 years out of an appliance and they are so much more expensive. SO FRUSTRATED!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I bought a Samsung washing machine in April of 2012. After four years the inside was completely rotted and had be replaced. It wasn't a cheap washing machine either. I had a cheap one before that lasted longer than the Samsung one. My mother's Whirlpool is thirty years old and it still works. I had no idea that Samsung washers were such poor quality but now I know. The thing that really got me though was the incredibly horrible customer service. I must have talked to them twenty times and each time was a nightmare. It took a month and a half of three unsuccessful repair appointments before I threw in the towel and just bought a new washing machine. I have never dealt with a more frustrating company than Samsung. Do yourself a favor, buy another brand.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Samsung Washer Aqua Jet VRT - This machine is so environmentally friendly, energy efficient. It does everything BUT clean your clothes. Watch the cycle. It doesn't wash your clothes. It massages them. We have had the machine for 4-5 months and hate it. Spilled some diesel fuel on a sleeve, washed it including the soak cycle with terrible results. The sleeve still reeks of the diesel smell. Can't believe my wife is taking a load to the local coin laundromat to get them clean. Wish I had never gotten rid of our ten year old Kenmore! I strongly recommend NOT purchasing this product.

Resolution response: Jan. 28, 2017

No, respond from Samsung. Called channel 8 action news in Tampa. The reporter did interview shown on TV. She also contacted Samsung. I received a call from Samsung with apologies & offered a full refund price for my machine. All I can ask I hope some law firm files a class action lawsuit against Samsung to get the necessary help.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Had my washer repaired per Samsung. DirecTV tech installed metal brackets on the side. The next day started a wash, spin cycle was rough, started to leak a little water. The next day started another load to wash this time violent spin cycle, water all over the place. Opened washer WHOLE DRUM HAS DROPPED DOWN FROM MACHINE. I never had any problems with my washer until they installed the stupid brackets. Called Samsung. Better talking to the wall. They do not care or show any compassion. The repair company they provided can not come until next Thursday which is 6 days away. Samsung does not care. I have pictures & video of the problems but Samsung does not care.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Two options on Samsung washer recall, repair or rebate on new unit. I took the repair. Being a mech by trade I watched the BANDAID "fix" done. This is not by any means a "repair". It did not fix anything. The tech tore my dryer hose (I had to replace) and did most of the "grunt" work myself removing drain and water feed hoses and moving the units away from the wall. The "tech" was too fat to fit behind the unit and brought minimal tools, no zip ties, or paperwork to sign. Lucky I have a full tool box. Anyway if there is a class action lawsuit "I'm In". Unit's only 2 years old and have only been lightly used. Hope the dang thing don't explode the tranny.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

On Sept 3, 2016 I purchased a Samsung top load washer (WA50K8600AV/A2) along with the matching onyx dryer. It was delivered on September 4, 2016. On September 29, 2016 I saw the news report, the top load washers were reported as exploding & the there was a recall. Naturally, I called Samsung to inquire if my brand new set was on the recall & was advised the issue was fixed prior to mine being manufactured & therefore I had nothing to worry about. The agent then advised me to registered the washer & dryer on Samsung.com, which I immediately proceeded to do & received an email documenting the registration. On Friday, 12/30/16 the washer began to make a loud grinding noise followed by a violent clanking sound. I then called the technical # listed on the machine itself, 866/726-7864 & was then advised the washer is "actually" on the recall. You can imagine my frustration.

They offered me a rebate & bonus of $150 if I purchase another Samsung washer. After speaking to a friend who also had a SS top load washer on the recall & who chose the rebate option, it took much longer than the 6-8 weeks promise her to receive the actual rebate check, in fact she just last week received her rebate check after filing in Sept. Not to give a sob story but I'm a single mother & don't have extra money to all of sudden go purchase another w&d set & wait months for a refund. Ultimately, I chose the repair option & the Dish Network (yes Dish Network) technician did come out today to repair however it wasn't until today that I realized the repair is not actually a repair, it is in fact a workaround which eliminates the bedding setting & in turn the bedding setting on the replacement panel sticker corresponds with the "gentle" cycle on the original washer setting.

They provide a sticker for the machine, which it's been two weeks & I still have yet to receive what they referred to as a "home kit" even that is misleading. I explained this is not what I paid for & would like a refund or a rebate check now to replace the defective set. I have spent several hours on the phone with them & have 3 ticket #'s. They attempted to reach me Monday afternoon at 4:46 & but did not leave me a voicemail so when I called them back this am I was advised the ticket was closed because they were unable to reach me. Therefore, I had to start the process all over again basically from the beginning.

Each time I call I'm on the phone anywhere from 50 to 90 minutes. This delicate cycle leaves my bedding soaking damp. Samsung has not truly attempted to truly justify this matter just a workaround which in turn only benefits the company not the consumer who is greatly inconvenienced with this matter. I would like to bring this to light in attempt to warn others from this nightmare. This is deceptive trade practice & I demand Samsung to refund the $1650 I have invested.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My recalled washer was less than a year old when it was recalled. It cost over 750.00. The recall would only offer $674 toward purchase of Samsung or less for another product. Purchased same model without basket so it would meet their amount. Home Depot requires you purchase new hoses even though mine were less than a year old or your warranty is not valid. I had a 5 year separate warranty. Did everything requested and received check almost 6 weeks later for 514. Did not pay for required hoses or pay any taxes. Worst company I have ever dealt with. I will never buy another product and I intend to make everyone aware so they are not deceived by this company. Hopefully if enough people complain there can be a lawsuit. No matter what option you had to choose the consumer was screwed. Hope you go down Samsung for not doing the right thing for customers.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I purchased a Samsung top load washer in November of 2015. In November 2016, I heard that the washer was recalled via social media. I contacted Samsung immediately and opted to have the washer "fixed" as opposed to replacing it, what a mistake that was! First off, nobody showed up on the original scheduled date to have it "fixed". When they finally did show up on our second scheduled date, it was a DISH TV person who came out and applied two additional brackets to the machine. He also gave us a new sticker to place on the washer which changed the labeling of the wash cycles. Lastly, he never turned the water supply back on but luckily my husband was home when I first used the washer after the "repair".

Fast forward to 1/5/17, as I was doing a load of laundry, the tub part of the washer disconnected from its housing and moved the washer about 6 inches forward. Thankfully, nobody was nearby so nobody was hurt. I contacted Samsung immediately on 1/5/17 and was told that I would hear back in 24-48 hours to schedule a repair. 48 hours came and went and not a peep. I contacted them again on 1/9/17, 1/10/17, and today 1/12/17. They always give me the same old 24 to 48 hour song and dance. I have been transferred to a "supervisor" once per my demands and that person would not even give me her name other than Diana. When I asked her for her title she said, "Supervisor".

This company is a complete joke and clearly does not care about their customers. It seems to be impossible to speak with a real supervisor. I would not recommend this product to anyone and I will never purchase another Samsung appliance! There are many complaints, on this page alone, and nothing seems to be done about it. Samsung continues to sell junk products to consumers and seemingly are not being held responsible for it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I had a recalled top load washer. I bought a replacement and mailed my claim on Nov. 15 (certified mail). When I checked the status online, it showed that Samsung did not start processing the claim until Dec. 20 - a month later! They are now saying it's another 4-6 weeks. When I spoke with a supervisor in customer service last week, she told me the check had been cut and should have already arrived in the mail, but should be no later than this past Monday. It's now Thursday and... no check. When I called again to check on the status, they now have no record of it being sent. UNBELIEVABLE! It's bad enough that they are having so many dangerous technology issues, but there's just no excuse for poor customer service. I will never buy another Samsung product again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Bought a Samsung washer 3 years ago. Within the first two weeks of owning it the bottom of the wash tub would separate so that clothes got stuck in it. Called the warranty company. They traded it out with another Samsung unit. Used it once same problem appeared again. Called once more to the warranty company. They did not want to come out and replace it, since they thought it was something I was doing to the washing machine. With enough evidence I finally got them to come out and replace the tub. I came to find out that it was a manufacturer's defect, along with the top lip since it had started to rub against the top of the tub shredding the plastic off the upper lining in the washing machine.

Fast forward, less than a year later other problems started popping up. Started leaking water. The machine would very easily off balance itself so much that it would not properly spin the clothes of water. Top of wash tub was still shredding apart. I tried calling Samsung but, I was told there was nothing they could do. Called the warranty company, they came out and fixed what they could on the machine. After that the washer started leaking more water enough to soak my entire kitchen floor. Loud vibrating, banging sound emanated from the machine along with burning smell coming it. The inside top lip was still shredding the plastic, among other problems.

Called the warranty company with sound and photo evidence that the machine was not safe to use, telling them just wanted to take back the machine and give me the money back for it, enough was enough. No more repairmen. I wanted a complete refund. After many phone calls they determined it was going to cost more to fix it than the original cost of the machine, so I got my refund... Finally relieved after 3 long years. I got rid of the old machine, and replaced it with an Maytag. I've been happy ever since. NEVER AGAIN SAMSUNG!!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Samsung Washer WA422PRHDWR/AA: Bought Samsung Washer and Dryer. The Washer immediately was a problem. Within 3 months the bottom fell out, ruined my baseboards. Samsung send Tech people out over and over again, refusing to replace. Finally after five (5) techs - they replaced. This new Samsung since 2013 has had the rods replaced inside the drum because it was rocking so hard they broke. 10/2016 a new motherboard had to be installed. Also, the area where bleach is poured is "RUSTING OUT"! I have never seen such a thing, rust? What rusts today? Defective, low quality work.

I bought the item due to the big 10 year warranty that is displayed on the front of the washer and recommendations from the salesperson. What a disaster this machine has been. Not to mention that in between these repairs I have had to go to a laundry mat; yes they still have them, thank goodness! Now this Washing Machine is being "Recalled" from 2011-2015 top load washer from Samsung! I am so upset, this has been going on for too long and all of the repairs that I paid for and all of the waiting for service people and all of the weeks to get repaired and money spent at the laundry mat. Now they want to give me $250.00 "if I buy a Samsung again" or $150.00 if I go back to my Maytag. Or, they just want to fix the issue. Well, I will never recommend Samsung to anyone and will do all I can to spread the word. This consumer has been ripped off!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I purchased a Samsung Top Loader Washer in 2012 and have been having rust issues, which I have been told it is not covered under warranty? Then the other day I receive the package for the recall (which I have the machine that is being recalled). So I called the number and spoke to someone about the recall and told them again about the rust issue. The guy proceeds to tell me that if I get the recall done I get a year warranty after that then to call back about the rust issue? Which totally confused me because if it wasn't covered before the recall then why will it be covered after the recall!

So he connected me with the warranty dept and I was told that they can do the recall but I will not get the 1 year warranty because of the rust problems. So what is the point of getting the recall when there is a possibility that my machine may still explode during a cycle because it is rusting away from inside out! I have seen thousands of complaints and no results. How can they get away with this. People are put in jail for deceiving and cheating people and that is what Samsung is doing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I am 100% disgusted at how this is being handled. I've been dealing with this since the end of November. I do not even have the time or patience to write everything that has happened throughout this process. To sum it up, I've been on the phone with Samsung at least 25 times with multiple tickets and have been given the complete run around multiple times. Each interaction has taken anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours of my time. It is absolutely absurd how this is being handled. Where is the class action suit at? Who do I have to contact to get this resolved? Below is a small log of some of the interactions. Dec 4 - no show and waited 4 hours. Dec 10 - no repair and waited 4 hours. Dec 20 - no repair and waited 4 hours. Escalated to ECR: Dec 23 - no callback. Dec 26 - no callback. Jan 6 - no callback. Jan 9 - 10am call scheduled and no callback. Jan 8 - stuck in rinse; tub won't drain. Unplugged it 3x to rest it.

Been hung up on. Been transferred to no one. Been transferred to conference call where I'm only one on call. Been told they will refund washer and dryer twice. Been old brackets aren't made yet. Been told brackets will be mailed to me. Been told my case has been escalated 3 times. Been told to contact the Home Appliance department as they are handling the refunds. They had no Recall line told me I have to wait for escalating team now and they can't do anything. After all of the above, ECR called me back finally after 2 months of dealing with this only to tell me that my only options are repair or rebate; back to square one. I do not know how to handle this. Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I bought my Samsung washer after having a front loading Maytag for 2 years and 2 days, it was only covered for 2 years and the drum broke. I had to start over. My new Samsung washer has slammed itself all over the laundry room. I have readjusted it on about every load. It barely uses any water and soap is stuck to my jeans. I have never washed bedding. It goes nuts on towels or jeans. Now I find out it is on recall. I wish I was contacted before yesterday. I guess they didn't want to refund my money. THAT IS BAD BUSINESS. After reading what I have read here. I am opting to get a new washer. I really hope it goes better than what I have seen here. I will come back and let you know how it went.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

The recall program is beyond a scam. We were sold bundled Samsung washer and dryer, shipped it from Florida paying shipping and duty. The washer was recalled. We cannot buy Samsung here & like every other person who has washers & dryers, that were also sold as a bundle, we want matching washer & dryer. Samsung's replacement washers are 2x the price of the originals, for the same features and color. Plus, we'd have to repay shipping & duty so this would be a cost prohibitive washing machine to re-purchase and ship from Florida. They won't take back the dryer so that we may buy Whirlpool or Maytag here. We are beyond frustrated with 3 months of calling & speaking to supervisors.

Seeing how many customers have been neglected by this scam of a recall, we would like to know who would like to join in a class action lawsuit? The basis: false advertising: selling bundled washers and dryers where salespeople in retail stores push you to buy them matching and then when recalling, only taking back one item. This forces you to have to buy another Samsung, which by now you do not have any confidence in anyway, that is twice the price for the same features and color. And, in many cases, they devalue the price of the washer.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I purchased one of the washers being recalled by Samsung. After countless phone calls and promises that I would be contacted within 48 hours, a DISH technician showed up a couple of months later. Since Samsung was offering a pittance rebate toward a new washer (I haven't even owned mine for a year) I realized I couldn't afford to replace the washer. So I opted for the "repair". Since the repair, my washer will not spin properly when washing bedding. The bedding comes out wet and takes forever to dry. I don't want this piece of crap washer anymore. Do I have any recourse with the company to replace it at no charge or at least give me a reasonable rebate?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

After I received the recall notice from Samsung I decided to purchase a new machine instead of opting for the repairs and decided to purchase another Samsung washer to maximize the rebate. Big mistake as the only machine available at the moment is a low end Samsung, nothing close to the WA400 series I owned. I didn't discover how poorly this machine is made until after the delivery and using it for a few loads. I wish I had taken my time and studied what other names are available. I switched to Samsung after owning Whirlpool and Maytag pieces of junk. I've already filed a complaint with Samsung but not holding my breath for any resolution.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

As everyone else, I as well am having a terrible time with this washing machine, I just want it gone!!! I am so tired of putting my washer on the extra spin once the washer has ended, the only thing I am doing is making additional money for my electric company, because my washer is constantly on trying to rid my clothing of the excess water. It will not spin and drain!!! I hope a lawsuit is brought against Samsung, I truly cannot wait to sign on the dotted line!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I was initially sent out a letter on October 13, 2016 in regards to the recall. Since then it has been a total nightmare!!! I have called their special washing machine recall line which is in the Dominican Republic over 25 times now and spent over 40 hours on hold and when I get to speak with someone they can't understand English or the line is static on their end only they say. I am waiting for my sticker kit and a tech did come and all they did was put bigger bolts on the back of inside machine. There is no difference at all. I am frustrated that I can't even use my machine without watching it for safety reasons. I actually am so appalled by Samsung customer service their lack of! They do not care about their customers and I am tired of getting the runaround from them. I really do not think they have managers as they all say "we will escalate this to a manager." I believe it's a script they read from.

Today I called and got the same answer as 3 weeks ago. So, I ended up calling their complaint line in which I was told is not for the washing machines and they could not help me. Finally I called Sears Canada and spoke with the appliance dept. They immediately contacted a Samsung rep and he said they will deal with the situation. My fingers are crossed as to get some resolution as I paid 1495.00$ for this machine last November and they offered me 517.00$ which was crazy to lose 1000.00$. I will never ever purchase any Samsung product again. They do not stand behind their product and their customer service is the worst I have EVER experienced.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My Samsung washing machine is affected by the recent recall due to the fact that the top-loading door is prone to explode and damage nearby property or people. Samsung offers only minimum monetary compensation, and so I instead decided to go the route of having Samsung repair my defective machine. After two no-show appointments and two full months of back-and-forth emails with their service repair team, I have no idea when Samsung will get their act together and repair the machine. Until then, they continue to be liable for my family's safety risk but they don't seem to care.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I recently found out I am the proud owner of a Samsung Recalled washer. I received a black label to place over part of the white control panel. After reading packet decided to call number provided to inquire about recall. I was unable to get thru due to high call volumes and lack of time to remain on hold. So I went to web address listed in packet. I chose the option of rebate to replace washer.

I bought the washer about 3 years ago for 600 plus dollars. Samsung's website advised I was eligible for a $45 rebate towards purchase of new washer. In order to get the rebate I would need to provide two stickers off machine and a receipt proving purchase of new washer. To add insult to situation the website advised I could get $145 rebate if I purchase another Samsung washer. The original rebate of $45 does not even cover charge to deliver new washer and removal of the current washer. I will not even consider buying another Samsung to get the $145. The depreciation value of the washer is ridiculous. My rebate offer is good until November 2017. I understand that Samsung is faced with a rather large recall. But you might want to think about how you treat your once loyal customers.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I have the same issue as another poster. My Washing Machine was recalled by Samsung. They sent a Dish Network tech to repair it who promptly scratched the machine up. The repair also isn't completed. The top is loose and the control panel is not screwed down. I contacted Samsung many times and have received the run around. I have started recording my phone calls with them. It has gotten so bad. They refuse to replace the scratched up machine. Making matters worse, it was a custom color that isn't carried in that model anymore so we cannot replace with something that matches the dryer. I have filed a BBB complaint and continue to try and work with Samsung but am reaching the point where I file in court against them. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

This is the worst washing machine I've ever owned. It worked fine for about a year and after that I've had nothing but trouble with it. When I purchased this washer I was so excited because I usually bought cheaper washers. What a huge disappointment and waste of money. I will never buy a Samsung of any kind again. Do yourself a favor and go with another brand.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

My Samsung washer WA50F9A7D was part of the national recall for having a "possibility of breaking apart" due to the inadequate top brackets. Called and had that repaired. That was free of charge and we chose that option other than the $250 rebate towards another manufacturer. Our matching dryer, model DV50F9A7EVP/AV had also been acting up, performing with a loud rattling noise. I complained about that in my initial complaint to Samsung, but there was no recall on it, so they brushed me off.

Now 2 months after the washer was fixed, the dryer circuit board is malfunctioning and it will not engage the dryer drum to start. Called and they said it was out of warranty. Both matching units are just over 2 years old. Repair will cost ~$300 for the dryer. Going to cut our losses and trash both. Going back to GE or Whirlpool. Hope someone starts a class action against Samsung. Totally Disgusted with Samsung!

Samsung Washers Company Information