Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2021 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2016

I cannot recommend Samsung appliances. Love the TVs. They should stick to electronics and stay out of consumer appliances. I owned a refrigerator and the plastic guides in the ice-maker actually continually broke off pieces of plastic that ended up in your glass when you dispensed ice. It was dangerous. Now I own this piece of junk washing machine I paid $650 for less than two years ago. It is a large-capacity 5cf washer, but if you put too much heavy clothing in there (e.g., denim jeans plus some bath towels), it seems it cannot figure out how much clothing it is supposed to wash, and so it just keeps running water.

I don't know what it is doing with the water, because it must be draining it back out as it fills. It does not run over, but it just never washes. This has happened several times, and the only solution is that I have to change over to the spin cycle, drain all the water, and pull out half the laundry and start over. I think this relates to a fault in the weight sensor. If the weight is too high, the controller must go berserk.

When I contacted them for support, they said that I had overloaded. It is a 5cf washer. They should consider that somebody might put 5cf of jeans and towels in there. Does not seem unreasonable to me. Sometimes it will start washing and the cycle will go on for two hours. I cannot even figure out what it is doing most of the time. I do know it wastes a lot of water, in spite of being supposedly Energy Star rated.

The only cycle that actually seems to work is the Quick Wash. The Normal Cycle goes nuts and runs too long. Most of the time I cannot wash on Hot. It will give me an error that essentially says it cannot get enough hot water, even though the water in my place is so hot it can scald your flesh. (I live in an apartment and do not have control over the hot water setting, in case you wonder.)

The LCD display has also given out so that half the digits are not displayed properly. As a result, you can never tell how much time is left on the cycle. But that is only covered by a 1-year warranty, even though there is a big sticker still on the front of the washer that says "10-Year Warranty". That only applies to the motor. From my experience and that of others on this thread, they won't have to honor the 10-year warranty on the motor, because nothing else will work by then. It is completely impossible to exert any manual control over this washer. Once a cycle has started, you cannot change anything such as temperature. If you throw some laundry in to soak, then you cannot add more laundry later and continue washing, because it will not add more water.

I don't really know what motivated me to buy this. I guess the salesman was good. Mother always believed in buying the simplest appliances--completely manual, no fancy cycles and no fancy electronics--because then there was less to break. I will keep that in mind next time. I see a number of people comparing Samsung to GE. I don't think that is much of a comparison. I have had a number of GE appliances over the years (they came with rentals) and without exception, they were the worst junk I had to deal with. Ovens that could not control temperature within 50 degrees, refrigerators that froze all the food regardless of how you set the control, washing machine that danced all over the room with even a light load.

In fact, as an engineer in the energy industry, I will say that I think everything GE makes is junk except their aircraft engines. Their light bulbs are even junk. From a number of conversations, my sense is that Maytag remains the best for washing machines. That will be my next purchase, unless somebody tells me they have gone downhill, too.

Original review: May 14, 2016

I purchased a Samsung front-loading washer and dryer set and within 4 months I had a problem with the washer. I got the 5e error code and proceeded to follow the instructions to drain the machine and clear the filter. That did not resolve the issue. I called Samsung to schedule a repair. They sent out a repair technician who took a look at the washer and insisted that we put cat food in the washer therefore voided the warranty because we used it improperly. I argued with a supervisor at Samsung to no avail as they go by what the technician says. I bought an extended warranty at Home Depot so I called them - they won't cover anything that the manufacturer won't cover so I am out a washer and I haven't finished paying for it. What a crock - no one stands behind their products any more yet they charge a fortune for them and you pay for an extended warranty which is crap.

Original review: May 14, 2016

My WF410ANW/XAA washer started making a grinding noise during the spin cycles. Disassembly revealed the problem was a leaking rear seal on the drum. Water corroded the flange shaft assembly and the bearings were damaged. It is beyond belief a washing machine would have this serious a failure after being used for a maximum of three loads per week for five years. The cost to obtain repair parts was exceptionally high. As a result I purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer as replacements and will never purchase Samsung laundry products again.

Original review: May 12, 2016

My Samsung washing machine purchased 7/18/13 is a piece of junk. It is rusting in and out, the tub is fraying and shredding off. It now will not stop washing clothes, it just keeps running and running, the "spin" only cycle will not allow the clothes to spin. I would never buy another Samsung product of any kind. I have sent pictures to Samsung and although they said I would have a response within 4-6 hours, 24 hours later I have heard nothing. I paid $718 for this trash at Home Depot and cannot get any kind of help. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Original review: May 7, 2016

Being a district manager with 110 employees and a 1-800 numbers for my customers to call I really never do these complaints. But I must say that the Samsung washing machines have to be by far the worse purchase we have ever made. I only wish I had read the reviews. Everything they state in the past complaints are true. Machine starts knocking, then starts not spinning, then starts error codes and then ultimately just stops. We haven't even had them for two years. Not to mention the rust that started within the 1st year. Please take my advice and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SAMSUNG WASHERS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 5, 2016

I purchased a Samsung washer & dryer set for my daughter and I in 2013 and the washer have given us both the same issues. The washer won't spin out during the spin cycle. It will start spinning, and then start wobbling from side to side, then rock, bounce, and shake VERY HARD! Then it shuts down and start refilling with water all over again. This repeats at least 6-7 times no matter what size load you put in. This washer needs to be discontinued IMMEDIATELY! It's rusting all around the bleach dispenser and it doesn't clean laundry either. My clothes used to smell so fresh and clean with my old washer. Now I can't smell my fabric softener or laundry detergent. The dryer is no better. PEOPLE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!

Original review: May 5, 2016

We bought a Samsung Model WF218ANW/XAA 01 front load washing machine 6 years ago. Recently something started burning inside so we shut it down. Repair man told us front gasket, basket and bearings needed replaced and would cost more than a new machine. Called Samsung and was transferred to their "Executive Customer Relations Department."

When I described the problem and asked why their machine only lasted 6 years they were unable to give me an answer. My last machine lasted 20 years. I will never buy another Samsung product again. Samsung has no interest in helping customers and do not stand behind their products. I subsequently found several customer complaints in this forum that sounded very familiar down to the lack of interest on part of Samsung to stand behind their product.

Original review: May 4, 2016

On April 18, 2015, I purchased the Samsung 4.5 cu ft washer from Lowe's. From day one, the washer never washed clothes very well. It doesn't have an agitator (get a washer with agitator)! Within 5 months I changed washing liquid 3 times because the clothes don't smell fresh. As a matter of fact, the clothes have an odor. On April 2, 2016, I called Lowe's for service because of a loud noise and the odor. Lowe's said if they couldn't find a technician within 3 days of my call, they would have to give me another machine. I live in a rural area. I purchased an extended warranty from Lowe's. Lowe's contacted Samsung because the washer was still under manufacturer's warranty. The first technician wouldn't come because I lived too far and I had to call the technician myself to find that out, 4 days after my initial call. After which I told Samsung they needed to pick up the machine since the technician wouldn't come.

On April 9, I was told Samsung needed a copy of my receipt to find another technician. I scanned the receipt and then had to call them back to arrange for someone to come out. I had to take off my job because the service company's window of repair was 8-5pm on April 21, 2016. Yes, that long to get service. The A&E tech came at 10am but said they couldn't find anything wrong with the motor and couldn't do anything about the odor but I could wash smaller loads (wash towels together, shirts together, jeans together, etc). I said so much for saving energy (electricity bill will be higher). The machine already has to run an average of 70 minutes on a cycle to "clean" effectively and for stains, I have to spray and scrub really hard to basically get the stain out by hand first. Very poor washer. Don't buy it. It's just "pretty" and that's all. It doesn't get the job done. I will never buy another Samsung washer.

Original review: May 3, 2016

Model WA45H7000A. Do NOT buy this washer. This is a top loading washer. We bought in July 2015. Washer was okay until 4 months later in November. It started making a loud clanking noise in the spin cycle that sounds like a jet airplane engine. It took 2 months for Samsung to locate a company in my area to come and work on it. In late December they replaced the clutch actuator. In mid-February I had same problem and they replaced the clutch assembly. Now the beginning of May and it sounds awful again. Do NOT buy this washer.

Original review: May 2, 2016

Samsung HE VRT Washer Model WF330ANW. About two weeks ago, the washer started to make a loud noise during the spin cycle. The noise/vibration continued to get louder. Washer started to shake as well. I started to research online the cause for this noise/vibration - turns out I was not the only Samsung owner to have this issue. Apparently due to faulty materials/design, the "spider" bracket dissolves and breaks causing the basket to spin off centered. The basket is made of stainless steel - the spider bracket that attaches the basket to the drive is the issue.

Of course we purchased the extended warranty which expired 7 months ago. Estimated cost of repair - approximately $500.00. Was told might as well buy a new washer. A washer that cost about $1000 should last more than 5.5 years. Please do yourself a favor - research common issues with the brand of washer you wish to purchase prior to purchasing. Unfortunately in 2010 when we bought this washer - we did not have many negative reviews. Everything I read about the new style of washers points me to the Speed Queen Washer.

Original review: April 30, 2016

I bought our Samsung front load washing machine WF42H5200AW/A2 Washer at Home Depot on Saturday night (Jan 16, 2016), and was told to expect a phone call by Tuesday about delivery date & time. Sunday, I received an email from Samsung confirming the order, and then Home Depot called me on Monday to arrange delivery & set up. The machine arrived on time on Friday & installed in a jiffy.

Everything seemed to work fine, but at week #3 got error message 40 minutes into the wash time every time we used the delicate cycle! Not just once but 4 times in a row! We called for service, and due to a busy schedule on our side, it took 4 days before repair person could arrange to visit us. They figured out the problem in 15 minutes -- the red & white knobs on our Hot and Cold water taps had been reversed, and the installation people did not test the water taps! Repair person waited for Delicate wash to go to the same point as in previous problems to make sure everything was fixed.

Our Samsung Washing Machine has been working perfectly fine ever since! We have used the machine for 2 months now without a hitch. ONLY DESIGN PROBLEM worth noting -- the pull out drawer for loading Detergent, fabric softener & bleach does not pull out far enough to really pour in bleach without splashing! And as you push the drawer back in, it hits a small bump, and can splash more bleach!

Because my local water supply (Keizer, Oregon) has relatively high levels of both manganese and iron, I have to use "laundry bluing" to get out a dingy gradual dinginess of water hardness that is most noticeable on 100% white cottons (particularly bed linens & underwear). But laundry bluing is extremely concentrated liquid, requiring only 4 to 8 drops for an entire load of laundry. Even when I diluted bluing with 4 ounces of water, before using the bluing in a secondary wash (loading it into the detergent side), it STILL LEFT BLUE BLOTCHES all over my white cotton laundry. Those blotches did not come out even after IMMEDIATELY re-washing just the items with the blue blotches. This was never a problem in a top loading washing machine, where I can open the lid at any time, regardless of how much water or clothing are in the machine. But that option just does not exist in a front loader!

During the 3 months that we have owned this machine (running 4 or more loads per week), we never received the warning sign on the panel about having to run the machine through a self-cleaning cycle. But I did pull out the trap at the bottom of the machine on the 3 month anniversary (on my own schedule, NOT because of any warning note from the machine). I was expecting to see another mangled lottery ticket (common item that my partner forgets to pull out of his pockets when he launders his jeans), but there was NO SIGN of anything fuzzing up the works.

It is helpful to have a light nearby on the front of the machine when you empty it out, as the spin dry works really well, and clothing can be stuck ANYWHERE in the drum, out of sight. You have to move the drum around, and check EVERY CORNER to make sure small things like socks or handkerchiefs are not stuck behind. This machine's spin dry works so well, that Samsung's low spin is equivalent to a "regular spin" speed on my old top loading machine! Samsung's high spin does a great job of wringing nearly every drop of water. Overall, I give this 5 stars!

Original review: April 29, 2016

We have owned a set for just over a year. The washer rusted at the bleach dispenser after about 9 months. And now the whole computer panel has to be replaced. We can buy a new Whirlpool or GE for less than it will take to replace that panel, and we still will have a huge rust spot. Usually our appliances last about 10 years. What a waste of money. The dryer sensors do not allow us to fully dry some clothes. I will never buy another Samsung appliance.

Original review: April 28, 2016

I have used a Samsung washer, and it exploded while washing clothes three months ago, January 2016. About seven firetrucks came with two police officers and 21 firemen. It took 50 minutes to extinguish the fire. The Fire department says that a faulty part in Samsung washer caused the fire. Since then, I have suffered from PTS. I have depression, urination troubles, and memory slips. I filed a complaint to Samsung and they did not respond. I lived in **.

Original review: April 27, 2016

Purchased a Samsung top load washer three years ago. Within 1 months the area around the soap dispenser and chlorine dispenser started to rust. Was told by Samsung these parts are not covered by warranty. I've been a homeowner 35 years. Will not buy another Samsung product. They do not support their products. They and Consumer Reports are in cahoots. Don't believe Consumers about Samsung.

Original review: April 27, 2016

The inside of our $1,000 top loading Samsung washing machine is rusting out on the INSIDE of the machine, getting rust on clothing. The phone representatives tell us it is COSMETIC -- WHAT??? It's the interior of the machine and damaging our clothing and bedding. The $230 warranty is a piece of junk. we would love very much to begin a class action lawsuit. Hhgregg sold us the washing machine, refer us to the warranty company they made contract with, and NO ONE will even send out a representative or service person to examine for themselves. AVOID BOTH COMPANIES -- a total scam and rip off. NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 100 OAKS HHGREGG.

Original review: April 22, 2016

The lettering on the washer came off, I no longer can tell the settings. I have contacted Samsung and also the company we bought this machine from. They are doing nothing for us. The machine isn't even three years old. I plan on letting everyone I know about this problem and the poor customer service from Samsung.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Do NOT repeat DO NOT BUY a SAMSUNG WASHING MACHINE or DRYER!! Do NOT SPEND your HARD EARNED MONEY on SAMSUNG. I have both - they do not wash clothes properly or fully dry them. I have my machines 5 months. I spoke with customer services numerous times. Today I spoke with them for 1 hour with no results. They were very unprofessional and insulting. I have to give up at this stage and get some money together to buy a new washing machine and dryer. This is very upsetting that this huge company Samsung can get away with doing this to their customers.

Original review: April 18, 2016

Our barely 3 year old washing machine went kaput this last week. We originally thought it was a balancing issue, but after having a professions come out to take a look, we found it to be much much worse. A very important part filled with concrete snapped into 3 pieces. The service repair guy didn't even know what could have caused such a thing and told us to stay away from Samsung washers. We paid about $566 December 2012 and went ahead and had to buy a new washer this weekend. I really don't believe that we put large/heavy amounts of clothes in the machine. It doesn't make sense what could have caused such a thing. No one had even washed comforters or anything of the sort.

Original review: April 18, 2016

My washing machine, purchased on March 27, 2015 has had (3) separate occurrences of the same issue. The electronics inside the unit keep failing for some reason. We have contacted Samsung regarding warranty repair. Samsung sent another company out to fix the issue (3) different times now. This last time all the technician did was to assess the issue. We never heard from the repair company again. We attempted to call the repair company several times. Only once did they answer the phone. When they did, they said they would have to call us back and never did. We contacted Samsung again, and had the issue escalated to the Executive Customer Relations department, who sent the issue out for a review for Accommodation of Replacement that was turned down, because the service center said they had us scheduled for service, DESPITE the fact that they closed out the service ticket.

We contacted Samsung a week later to get the results of the review, and they explained that the service center was going to attempt service. We told Samsung Executive Customer Relations that the service center had not contacted us to schedule the service. They issued ANOTHER review for accommodation which was supposed to be expedited so we could get a new unit. We called back, and they told us the review had been declined again, for the same purpose. Again, we attempted to contact the service center, and got no answer.

We contacted Samsung again, and received the runaround from the Call Center that handles Samsung's calls. We were put on hold indefinitely, so we hung up and called again, this time they directed us to Exec. Cust. Relations as we requested, and we got the runaround from them. They transferred us to the service center, and the service center told us they were going to call us some time today to schedule the repair -- but since we called, they could schedule us for 1-5pm tomorrow afternoon. This is a ridiculous situation. Samsung is not taking care of us as a customer.

I would like Samsung to replace our washer. It would also be nice to recover some of the money I have had to spend at the laundromat over the past 6 weeks while we have waited for the repairs. I would like the replacement as soon as humanly possible. The unit we have seems to be a lemon and has had to be repaired for the same thing (3) times. Replacement seems like the best option to me.

Original review: April 16, 2016

This is the worst washer I have ever had. I've learned to live with it, but I can't wash blankets. Guess I'll take them to the laundromat, but that is ridiculous when I paid over one thousand dollars for this washer. It is impossible to get it level with certain loads. You'd have to be an engineer to load it so that it would spin the water out of the blankets. What I've had to do is take them out and dry them for hours because they're still soaking wet. Once it worked to add extra towels, but that only worked once.

Original review: April 14, 2016

We have a 13 mo old washer that when I checked on it it had 20 min left to wash. When I returned home there was water all over the floor and the tub ring was torn apart. Samsung said it was 3 yr warranty no problem. Sent A &E Appliances the man was extremely rude and said it wasn't covered only 12 mo. Showed him the booklet, told him what Samsung said. After arguing with him he said "sure I will fix it but you have to pay labor and I don't know what else is wrong with it." Needless to say it didn't get fixed. Called Samsung back, different guy on the phone not as pleasant as the 1st. Told him I do not want A & E back out, was on the phone for 30 min as he had to re-enter info and get me a new reference number and have a new company out. Then he hung up on me while I was waiting for a new number.

Original review: April 14, 2016

About a year ago we purchase a Samsung front loading washing machine. One of the reasons was that it came with a standard 2 year warranty from Samsung with 5 year option to extend and a 10 year warranty on the motor. We regularly clean the machine including the soap tray, inside the drum and the filter. Cleaning the filter first involves draining the residual water via the "Emergency Drain Hose" as noted in the manual. On 5th April 2016, when following the instructions as usual, withdrawing the hose from its 2 cm. hole, resulted the plug coming out and the hose retracting, disappearing inside the machine casing where it discharged rendering the machine unusable. We have not damaged the machine. We reported the problem to Samsung Service Support who shocked us when they stated that the hose was, "too short" but any repair would be at the customer's cost!

Since then Samsung have stated that the machine is not "defective in materials nor workmanship " as stated in their warranty. This is a false statement. If it is not defective then the problem should not have occurred. Stated that certain parts are excluded from the warranty. This is a false statement. Neither the hose nor any other "certain parts" are listed as exceptions in the warranty! Not arranged to have the problem fixed, problem by an engineer via their "Authorized Service Centre" as they proposed. Another false statement. The result is that we have been considerably inconvenienced by not having the use of our washing machine for the past nine days and probably into the future since it seems that Samsung will continue to deny their own warranty.

Original review: April 14, 2016

We purchased the Samsung top load washer Sept. 2014. Washer had four service calls within the first year. I was told my floor was uneven by two technicians. Apparently that was what was causing all the UE codes and added time to the washer. After leveling washer repeatedly I am down to getting one load washed within the span of several hours. I've called repeatedly and have paid for multiple services. They would have me believe that my slightly uneven floor is the source of the multiple problems. Whatever you do, "DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG WASHER".

Original review: April 12, 2016

I have less than a year old front loader washer and dryer. The washer leaks and the ​dryer sound like the drum has started to rust. They are a piece of junk. Stay away from this brand. I have had other brands before these and they last at least ten years before having any issues.

Original review: April 12, 2016

I submitted a review at the time my Samsung Washer started on fire, but as I see more and more people experiencing problems and asking for guidance in selecting between Samsung and LG, I feel I should share what I actually found out after extensive research online. I also feel I should add that I bought my problematic Samsung washer (and dryer) from Lowe's, and I almost fell for them selling me a replacement, calling it a freak occurrence, denying they knew about any issues, until my research showed the problems are known globally and all over the internet.

The main issue, as many demos illustrate on Youtube, is that Samsung used substandard, to U.S. requirements, some sort of composite concrete that breaks down with any water leakage or even on its own based on tremendous force exerted with front-loading washers. The physics is explained in detail online Maytag had similar issue in the beginning, but jumped in immediately and fixed the problem. Samsung did nothing (at least up until a year ago that I verified). The composite concrete (referred to as concrete crap or astro concrete in Youtube videos) breaks apart and flies all around the washer, under the tub, damaging tubs and motor, making horrible noise, and when not found by Samsung dispatched repair people (who SHOULD know and I feel DO KNOW the problem), will continue to break down and even start a fire.

I swapped mine out for a front-loading LG and it is an absolute DREAM! No bad odor, no excessive noise or time to complete cycles, no self-demolishing aspect, and most importantly, NO FIRES. To be reasonable, I made every attempt to get Samsung to acknowledge that they knew the problem existed...with only complete denial of having any knowledge of this occurring often (not that it happened, they acknowledged that) even when I directed them to the posted public videos capturing the facts. Stay safe... Stay away from Samsung front-loading washing machines.

Original review: April 11, 2016

My high tech front loader (very expensive) failed after only 23 months of use. The solution...replace the motherboard $300. I only paid $700 for the machine. No one has the motherboard in stock or can tell me when one is available. Oh, the existing motherboard cannot be repaired - or even have the fuse changed - it's covered at the factory in a quarter inch layer of epoxy to prevent anyone fixing it.

Original review: April 10, 2016

My experience is the same as the myriad of other reviews of this product. I bought the washer in the summer of 2012. In less than four year the machine has rusted out around the bleach and soap dispensers. None of the preset (can't customize washes) was settings allow for enough water during the wash or rinse cycles and clothes always come out unclean and with large spots of soap residue. Loads have to be washed multiple times. In the past six months the drum has started to make a loud clicking and rubbing noise and the agitation cycle has become very rough. My guess is the plastic/rubber dampeners and main bushings are going out. Despite all of these problems Samsung is unwilling to warranty or even address any of the problems. A $1000 machine should last much longer than four years.

Original review: April 10, 2016

We bought a Samsung washer and dryer 18 months ago replacing our whirlpool set. The dryer model WF425000AW motor went out on the Samsung just after 18 months of use. No more Samsung for my family.

Original review: April 8, 2016

Brand new top load washer I purchased to stay away from the front load washer which I had read so many negative reviews about. Thought I was escaping the issue but unfortunately did not. Samsung typically has great products but this washer is not one of them. Interior tub of washer began smelling like mold 2 months ago. Performed all the quick fixes in the manual. Called customer service and performed all those fixes. Changed detergent used and cleaned drum regularly. Bottom line nothing worked. Mold smell is now permeating the laundry room and the kitchen adjacent. Customer Service had tech come out who wrote on the ticket "no solution for odor". Washer just purchased September 2015 so full warranty still in effect. Samsung customer service reps doing nothing so far. Have not offered replacement, have not offered money back, have done nothing. The point of warranty is?

What I think they are doing is to drag this out until the warranty expires in September thereby making the repair bill, parts and labor my responsibility. I have requested that Samsung come and get this machine out of my house. They sold me a product that does not work as directed and should be replaced or removed while still under warranty. Will not purchase another Samsung product whether it's phone, tv, or appliance unless they get this washer out of my home and refund me enough money to go and get a whirlpool or GE. Both of which were appliances I owned prior and worked for over 10 years without issue.

Original review: March 31, 2016

WARNING: Do Not Buy! My wife bought the pair 6 years ago. The washer has a slight leak for the past 4 years and has started to rust under where we put in the soap etc. I've fixed the dryer heating sensors more than once, technical support is awful. They will not stand the test of time! They will fail you! I had an old pair of GE washer and dryer that I had for 15 years and they were working when I sold them and I miss them dearly!

Samsung Washers Company Information