3.9/5 (726 ratings)

About Samsung Washers

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Long product life
  • Multiple price points
  • Financing available

Cons

• Short return period
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Samsung is a great choice for consumers who like options. The company sells economical and luxury choices with energy-efficient and smart technology features.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Dish network repaired the lid which is not attached secure. The washer has vibration issues and cannot complete a load. I have contacted Samsung through website and calls. I cannot get this washer repaired. This is a $600 hunk of junk. No one should purchase a Samsung washer. I have read the reviews and Samsung is not fixing these washers. I will never have another one of their products in my home including their phones that they literally screwed people over on.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Purchased Samsung washer (recall) and dryer (defective) only 3 months old. Samsung has provided horrible customer service for both. Neither of which are working and they were purchased 9/13/2016. I have spent 20 plus hrs on phone with Samsung. Promised return calls that never received and repair services. Again neither units are working.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I bought a Samsung thinking it would be an investment for my family. Something that would last and do a great job. And now I have a product that is unsafe and destroying people's laundry rooms. Samsung should give us back all the money we spent on this recalled machine. It's not our fault they keep building faulty products. I will never purchase another Samsung product again. I have spent way too many hours of my life dealing with this. Phone call after phone call to a company that really doesn't care. We need a voice... we just want them to make it right. My washer was brand new... I have only had it a little over a year. It's wrong.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Samsung has too many recalls. I would not have selected one had I known almost 3 million recalled. Mine had worked but appeared later in recall. I am getting another replacement and find that model is on recall but the serial number determines if recalled. Appearance is very nice and they have deep tubs if a person is under 5' 4, my guess. Shall see how my new one does over time. Read some repairs have not fixed problems and if you cannot use a feature like bedding why pay for all this. Don't like delicate is 36 mins and no way to reduce washing time on the model. Cycles take too long like 120 mins to wash one load. Might like the agitator I had on my old Kenmore washer. Energy efficiency is not time efficiency.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I purchased my Samsung electric mid-priced range dryer 5 weeks ago and love it. It is quiet and efficient with a full range of options. Clothes come out dry, not cooked, unwrinkled & even heavy items are the same.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Our very expensive Samsung washer has been a lemon since day one. It becomes unbalanced constantly. Started rusting at 6 months and now has a recall which Samsung is not doing much about. We now have to wash most things on delicate, no or low spin. Samsung needs to step up! I need a new washer but can't afford one nor should I have to. Samsung should provide full rebates.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I cannot begin to describe how disappointed and dissatisfied my husband and I are with Samsung. We first received news of the recall from Samsung of our Top Loading Washer yesterday, Feb. 2nd. Somehow, we were unaware of this recall in the news until learning of it by mail. We are senior citizens, own our home and take pride that we keep it updated and in beautiful condition. We thought we purchased wisely (in 2013) when (after many days of studying reviews, etc) we bought the combination Samsung washer/dryer including an extended warranty.

Our household includes a small dog and cat which means frequent washing of all throws, blankets, comforters, etc. If I use the so-called "repair option" which is NOT a repair, I must use a "delicate cycle" for my bedding. This is not acceptable - to me my wash machine has now been rendered unusable! If I use the replacement option, I am allowed at this time only $45 towards the purchase of a new washer. ($145 if a Samsung). This too is not acceptable. A call to Samsung meant more frustration as I was told this was the only offer I would receive for a machine "of this age". We will never purchase another Samsung product again!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My Samsung dryer worked fine for a couple of months but then my dryer motor got extremely loud when running. Called company I bought from and they haven't came out to fix it to this day even after calls trying to get someone to come out.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I wanted my new machine to clean bedding so that I didn't have to go to a dry cleaner anymore. What a disappointment the Samsung washers are, the blankets don't feel clean nor do my clothes. Will never buy anything Samsung ever again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My washer is in recall and it was only a couple months old, they REFUSE to give me a full refund. Ohio law "Implied warranty merchantability" states I am entitled to a full refund and they REFUSE! I can't use all the features paid for due to recall and they expect me to just say OK. I am NOT OK with being taken advantage of by a large Corp. Company. My washer could explode at any time which means it's not safe at all.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My machines have worked ok while I have owned them. The dryer needed a heating element after a year. Now my washer is recalled. At first I thought, "Oh, no big deal. Recalls mean it will be fixed properly to address the problem or they will give us a fair amount to replace it." Well, this is not the case. They will reinforce the top so that when the machine blows apart inside, the top hopefully won't fly off. Or they will give me a whoppin $195 REBATE, 4- 6 weeks AFTER I buy a new machine. Now, we don't normally spend $2,000 on things but we did for our washer and dryer set because we wanted it to last us 10 years. But here we are, almost 4 years in and we are stuck paying for a new one (NOT SAMSUNG THIS TIME!).

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Recall process: Samsung washer purchased mid 2015 with 10 year warranty. Complaints sent to Samsung regarding water level, spin cycle and overall disappointment with unit. Recall notice in December 2016, waited over a month for paperwork via postal mail. Received SAME RECALL INFORMATION four weeks later without appropriate forms. Called customer service and recall center three times, finally asked to have forms emailed or faxed. Received within minutes. Waiting months for partial refund is a hardship for many. This could have been handled more professionally by Samsung. Note: As a mechanical engineer, changing a label and adding more parts does not address the original problem. Recommend class action suit by retailers and customers for full refunds.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The massive washer used to close the porthole leaks, so much, it leaks onto the floor. I called Samsung, they were so rude that I don't even have words for it. They said that all of their washers do that and it is no problem. I have to dry the whole washer after every load and dry the floor from the dripping then I have to leave the door to the washer open just so I don't get mold. It's been this way since purchase in Oct. 2016. I just started this repair type of progress because I have been so busy. Needless to say, I would never buy any thing Samsung. Their products are POS!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Bought our Samsung set from Sears two years ago... first time owning a matching pair. Had faith in my washer until the recall came out and it affected my machine. Took many phone calls between Sears and Samsung before a serviceman came to repair... Said it was NOT a repair but a safety fix and that my bedding now could only be done on "delicates". I purchased this machine in particular to do heavy loads and after the "fix" was told that the machine could not handle the weight. Feeling very duped and cannot afford a new machine. Had to settle for the "fix". Each time I use the washer, I think, "Is this the day it will fall apart?"

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My Samsung washer WA456DRHDSU/AA is 2 yrs old. It has had 2 recalls. Recall one was for the drain pump going out. I had to pay 100.00 to replace and relocate it. Recall two is for the possibility of it exploding. The top will break away from the base causing damage to unit, person and other property. I have lost faith in Samsung appliances. Their fix is a sticker to remind me to use the delicate cycle when washing bedding. I bought that unit to handle large loads and bedding. I refuse to buy another samsung appliance. I will warn as many people as I can about these appliances. Pitiful job of making things right with customers. They need to give folks their money back!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

If there is ever a Class Action Suit against Samsung, please include me. I bought a Samsung Washer/Dryer combo. August 2016. I heard washer making noise, but thought ok did not balance the clothes correctly. It was lucky my granddaughter recorded World News, to find out about the recall. As others thought no it can't be mine, and it was. People spent a lot of money with extended warranty thinking Samsung was a good name, and to have us all buy another first and then send a rebate was not right. I did not have the money for a new washer, most people do not, but since we moved long distance, money for damages received I used money from that. A rebate check should have been sent, not buying a new one yourself, then waiting 4, 6, weeks or longer for rebate.

Let me tell you of my experience. I purchased a LG instead which was on sale, a week would be here. Salesperson called, 2 machines that came in damaged, "we will get another to you following week." Well, machine damaged again and on back order until the end of February, but come to store, honor the sale price, pick out another one any price. I thought Whirlpool Cabrio, my luck, also on back order til then. But 1 Samsung available.

Next day delivery hooked up machine, tech turned on and made an awful noise. Nothing inside. Tried several times to operate it, and sounded like a big piece of metal hitting the sides. My recall machine was gone, new one left here, another would be ordered. Loads of laundry to do, I called Lowes. Spoke to the Manager on Monday, and asked for a loaner, which was delivered next day. The middle of the month, of December was in the warehouse, did not deliver until Christmas Eve. Yes it worked, but would I never buy Samsung again, definitely NOT! My dryer made noises the end of December. Thought oh no, this can't be happening. Geek Squad ordered a belt and a pulley. Sure enough the pulley was not working and replaced the belt also.

I asked Samsung is there a problem with dryers also, and the rep said not that they are aware of. New machines from Samsung are junk, very disappointed. The rebate Samsung said is $637. If you buy a Samsung. Up to $150 loyalty. Well, I'm getting only $494 rebate, which did not include the new hoses. Where is the money they said would give you? Money lost by so many people, and lucky most of us, did not get severely injured as some did. Never again with Samsung, and need a Class Action Lawsuit started.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

It doesn't work like it was advertised and now if we want to get a refund they give us very little in if not any. Can't use the bedding cycle because it will blow off and that is not what I purchased. All cycles should work like they are supposed to.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I have a Samsung washer included in the recall and they DID a cheap fix and I can't wash bedding on anything but delicate. They should have totally replaced my unit instead of their cheap "repair".

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I bought a new Samsung Automatic Clothes Washer from Home Depot in London, Ontario on May 13, 2016. It is a Front loader, supposed to be a Great Model but do not like it as after I have washed the clothes I find they have a Stale Smell. I have tried contacting Samsung to which they finally told me I needed to contact Home Depot about this issue. However when I tried by phone I waited listening to a lot of Music only to being cut off. Twice that incident happened. I was not very pleased to say the least. I believe the reason for the improper cleansing is due to the Front loader just Bouncing the clothes from A to Z instead of the Top Loader Agitating the clothes therefore really cleaning. I have been using Washing Machines for many years & this is the first one I've ever had a Complaint about. Is there any way to Resolve this issue? Please let me know. Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

For two months I tried to deal with my top load washer recall. I had issues with my washer from the day it arrived in my home. I never knew how long a cycle would take... the longest was when washing 6 average bath towels. After 2 hours and 56 minutes with several rinse and spin cycles the washer was supposedly done but when I opened it the towels were still soaking wet. I manually put it on the spin cycle to get the water out. Total time 3 hours 11 minutes. My towels always smell terrible despite using Downy fabric softener. There are scum stains on my clothes that can't be removed. And then there is the violent shaking. I could go on and on.

I have tried dealing with Samsung customer relations and for all the reasons listed on this site I decided to not wait for the class action suit which can take years. I am currently suing Samsung in civil court. It is the only way to get their attention which you can bet I now have. They are refusing to give me the full refund I deserve but I am sure a judge will see it my way. I have an arbitration hearing in early March and if they don't agree to my claim it will be on to the courtroom. I encourage everyone on this site to sue Samsung in civil court. Overwhelm them with legal costs until they are as bankrupt financially as they are morally.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

We also bought a Samsung washer almost a year ago. Had a Kenmore washer for over 30 years with no problems whatsoever! This new Samsung is a disaster. Took the option of a fix instead of rebate. All our dark clothes come out dirty with smudges and huge gobs of lint! Also had a DISH man come out to give us the fix. Now the bedding cycle does not work and everything is totally wet! There are soap smudges all over the darker jeans, clothes and pants. I think it is time to start a class action suit. It sounds as Samsung is not even honoring the rebate we were promised.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Purchased the Samsung top loader washer and dryer. Machine never worked correctly from the beginning. Called within months of having the machines and the technician said he found no issues, yet we ended up with a recall. No issues, eh? Even better, the repair folks who came to fix the recall problem were from Dish Network! Yes, the satellite TV company. Sure enough after the fix they tried selling me Dish Network TV. Well now they have supposedly fixed the issue yet I can not wash my bedding properly. The setting for bedding spins on low! The bedding comes out soaking wet, too soaking for the dryer. Then I try to use the "SPIN" option yet the machine then fills up with water yet again then spins not making the situation any better. UGHHH Never again SAMSUNG! Never again. It sucks that those of us who have bought these machines spent over $600.00 and we have no recourse. This is so wrong in so many ways.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Safety Recall. Purchased a new set July 2015 with pending move and retirement 12/31/2015. Top of the line. Hoped to retire debt and worry free. Nov 4, 2016 - Learned of recall on TV (noteworthy - no notification from retailer or Samsung). Nov 5, 2016 - registered recalled washer on the Samsung recall website; opted for the rebate. Nov 15, 2016 - New washer (same model) delivered from SAMSUNG warehouse only to discover after the drivers took the 'old' one and set up the new one that it too was a recalled machine SOLD AFTER THE RECALL. Samsung escalation manager said I was entitled to the full rebate with the 2nd washer because no other comparable washer was available within my area. He agree to 'fix' the 2nd one and set up a repair appointment.

11/23/2016 A DISH satellite repairman came to repair the washer. The repair was NOT a true repair, but simply a fix to secure the lid, preventing it from becoming a missile. Since the 'repair' the machine's cycles are all out of sync, especially the rinse/spin cycle which will repeat. Loads easily become unbalanced when in fact the load is evenly distributed. I have called Samsung over 20 times and the story changes each time. I have not received one penny of my refund for the 1st or the 2nd washer. They have responded to my recent BBB complaint but apparently do not read the content of the complaint or most likely, do not care.

Refunds - 0 dollars since submitting 1st paperwork 11/18/2016; 0 dollars for the 2nd one submitted 01/09/2017. As of Friday, they are claiming that since I accepted the fix, it voids the rebate. That would be understandable IF THE FIX truly fixed the washer. A repair should enable the user to use the machine as it was intended at the time of sale. Not by changing the cycles and securing the lid. There is a pattern emerging with the 'fixes' now with other users and Samsung should be held accountable.

Oh, and they threw in an incentive to buy another Samsung with a 'bonus' of $150, if you purchased another Samsung, only it seems it's not a bonus at all, they simply deduct the amount of your rebate. Pay everyone what is owed to them Samsung. You put people at risk. You told people they could have an in-home REPAIR. Reimburse people for new washers; you owe it to your customers.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I purchased 5 appliances back in 2011 and within 3 yes our Samsung washer started acting up. The drum would shake uncontrollably and showing DC error codes, etc. Our washer also had rust around the top as I have read so many other people did too. We called Best Buy and they told us our warranty had expired and that emailed us giving us the option to extend our warranty but never heard back. Knowing we never gave them an email because at the time I didn't even have one, I asked them "what email?" Here the email address they had was invalid and just apologized when they realized it and said there was nothing they could do now!!! I couldn't believe 1000s of dollars worth of appliances were now no longer under warranty because they emailed an invalid email address that we never even gave them.

Anyway when Best Buy wouldn't help us we called Samsung, of course they said we had to go through Best Buy and basically could have cared less that our 2 and a half yr old Samsung washer was shaking so bad that we were afraid to use it because we felt it could potentially explode. Between the drum shaking so bad and the error codes, we eventually stopped using it all together and started going to the laundry mat until finally 5 months ago bit the bullet and bought a new washer because we were left with no choice. Kicker, I received the packet from Samsung last week about the recall and now we do not have the serial number because we had that piece of junk taken away when our new washer was delivered.

I called Best Buy and Samsung today and conveniently not only do they not have us on file calling and flipping out about the washer, SHOCKER, why would they? They can't give us a serial number, only a model # which is listed on the recall, so we are just beat. Not only for 1000 that we paid for that washer, but for the 700 we just paid for the new one that now can't get a rebate for.

I'm wondering how many other people had to go out and buy a new washer because of how bad their washer was and are now not eligible for the rebate!? What a scam. We purchased ours in 2011, what were we supposed to do wait for it to explode? No, of course people who bought their washers back then more than likely no longer have it because it shook so badly and showed so many error codes you had no choice but to buy a new one. SAMSUNG BUYER BEWARE. They are making out by waiting this long to finally call a recall because I'm sure many people, like us already got rid of. I would love to start a class action lawsuit against them for the scam artists that they are.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Samsung Washer Recall Debacle. Neither option offered is satisfactory!!! I registered my washer in Oct 2016. I received an e-mail in Dec with option to have it fixed or a rebate of $495 for the purchase of a new Samsung washer. The repair option is not acceptable based on reviews we have read stating that it does not address the real problem. We thought the rebate was reasonable for our 3 yr old machine but soon found that there are no similar machines in the gray color (to match our dryer) available in Canada (only in the US). We put our search on hold, had X-mas, went on vacation and in Jan found that our rebate offer had dropped to $324. The rebate decreased 35% while we shopped around and considered the rebate option, unbelievable.

Calling Samsung Service was both frustrating and futile. Of course there is someone at Samsung who would have the authority to satisfy the situation but they say there is nobody who can help me and would not even refer me to someone with authority to lodge a complaint. This is not a case of not being able to satisfy a customer but rather a case of not willing to satisfy a customer. Needless to say we will not be buying a new Samsung anything again.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I bought a Samsung front loading washing machine about 5 months ago and the unit continues to move during the spin cycle. It seems like it is always off balance. The shipping bolts have been removed and the machine is level on a cement floor. So far, Samsung has given me very little assistance and won't send out a technician even though it is under warranty. They had me go through some self-diagnosis at home but that didn't help. I even have scratches on the side of the washing machine from it bumping into my dryer. Terrible customer service from Samsung. The store that I bought this machine from is trying to help me and get me set up for a technician to come out. Beware of Samsung!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in Sept 2015 for $800. The washer was recalled on Nov 2016 and within 12 hours of it being on news outlets I went to their website and filled out the recall forms. I NEVER heard a thing... CRICKETS. I call in Jan 2017 fill out everything via phone since they have no record of my online account. They schedule service for Tues Jan 24. I get notice from UPS I have an undeliverable package. I have to drive 2 hours away from home and it's the part to fix my washer.

The repair tech comes and it's the WRONG part. I immediately call Samsung who has me call the parts distributor. They tell me dispatch will give me a call. I give them 2 days. CRICKETS... I call this morning and they didn't return my call because the part is unavailable now... call Samsung. I call Samsung and get "our system is down. Let us call you back but be aware we can't help. You will have to call corporate..." NEVER will SAMSUNG get another penny from me. Stuck with a piece of junk I can't use.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I purchased this washer from my local Home Depot store in March 2016. First, Samsung doesn't impress me by stating that they only allow certified technicians to represent their products. The "certified delivery/installers" with Kid Glove Installation in Indianapolis, IN installed steel reinforced water line hoses which were in violation of the manufacturers guidelines to only use rubber hoses which would not restrict the water flow to the spot wash basin's water supply.

It was first assessed that the unit was defective and we were without use of our washer for over 2 weeks since that delivery. The same problem with the replacement unit was diagnosed when someone at my house with appliance repair experience stated it was because of the hoses that Kid Glove used. One would think a certified Samsung technician would have known this. It was over a month before Home Depot stepped up to take the lead and replace them. Again, not impressed with Samsung standing behind their "certified contractors".

Second, It is not January 2017 and I have a letter telling me there is a defect in my machine which I need to contact Samsung to determine which one of the two options they have for fixing the problem. One is to let one of two "certified Samsung repair companies" to repair the unit. One of the companies is Installs, Inc. who does not specialize in appliance repair and they personally told me they could not assure me that anyone who would come to my home would have any appliance experience with Samsung appliances or even appliances in general beyond receiving my specific "Recall Repair Training" which consists on them getting a sheet with diagrams that I could read and perform and feel just as confident about them being done without possibly having caused an inadvertent damage to surrounding parts just due to ignorance with working on appliance units with large amounts of computer components.

The other company I had to choose from was Dish Network. Last I remember, Dish Network wasn't an appliance company. In fact, I worked for ten years for a "Dish Network" company which was in fact a contractor who was authorized and certified in name only, not in practice. The training for repairs even on satellite equipment consisted of a few sheets of paper with diagrams showing how to do the repairs and the repair parts needed. SO, I am very nervous about letting either of these certified repair companies touch my machine.

The other option is to return the washer. Keep in mind I paid 899.00 for this unit and have not even owned it for a year. Samsung asked my model number and serial number, I told them how much I paid and when I paid for it. I excluding to mention to them the amount of time I was without the use of my new machine(s) because of their "authorized Samsung installers". They then informed me that they would give me a rebate in the amount of only $674.00 if I purchased another Samsung washing product and only $580.00 if it was not a Samsung brand. I have not owned this unit for even a year! This is truly fraud on the part of Samsung to make a product that would conservatively sell for $ 899.00 and not reimburse me more than $ 674.00.

Consumer reports quoted Samsung regarding the average lifespan of their appliances by stating, Samsung. "We design all our products to strict standards expecting a minimum 10 years under normal consumer use conditions", says Dean **, director of laundry product marketing. Using that calculation, I should be receiving an offer to reimburse me $800.00. That doesn't include the sales tax I am out or the extended warranty that I purchased through Home Depot that hasn't even gone into effect yet.

What a crappy company Samsung. You know, I don't usual get hung up on branding when I am selecting consumer products, but I can well assure I will make sure that ANY future purchases will NEVER be Samsung products. I will also take EVERY opportunity to share my experience with family, friends, and strangers at a store looking a Samsung products. I want to make sure they know what kind of security they can expect with any Samsung brand warranty. I have a receipt that I can verify purchase, but am unable to scan it to this review. I would be happy to mail a hard copy to anyone who would like to challenge validity of my review.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I called Samsung to see if I could get my money back. Spoke to Franchesca and she said I could get a rebate. It seems she wasn't listening. She told me I could get a rebate but I had to pay for the delivery again on the washer. I then said I didn't want the product and was scared of purchasing another Samsung washer. Furthermore why should I have to pay for a delivery fee again when indeed it was their product that failed. Franchesca then said she would bring it up to corporate management again but if I didn't hear back that means there is no change on their decision. I have never had an experience like this and I'm pretty frustrated. I hope that they get back to me so that I'm not left with this bad feeling about them. I purchased the set so they would only give me a rebate on the washer. I truly believe in customer service but truly this isn't how you treat customers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I went through the Samsung procedure to get our top load washer repaired. Tech never showed. Called Samsung. They scheduled our visit with a company they no longer use. 2nd attempt, service scheduled, tech never showed. Called and spoke with Samsung rep, linguistic challenges made it almost impossible to understand what was being said. Very disappointed in Samsung. Will never purchase any of their products in the future. Lots of competition out there, stay away from Samsung.

Samsung Washers Company Information