Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2013 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2016

I bought a Samsung washer about three years ago and had nothing but problems, two floods. It can't get to the end of a cycle without help. I have had several machines over the years and this is the worst. Keeps saying uneven load. I am constantly adjusting the clothes in the machine, even one item the machine needs help to complete the spin cycle. This is the biggest frustration in my life. I am tempted to drop it off at the Samsung office and demand my money back. This is a piece of **.

Original review: June 5, 2016

Samsung wf45h6300ag washer purchased 2.27.16. Replaced drain pump 6.2.16 after unit flooded area and stopped taking in water. Repair people ordered parts as soon as they heard what happened; seemed almost expected... today (3-days later) 6.5.16 area flooded again. Awaiting call back from Samsung. My mistake in buying Samsung. Looks like they already had one class action suit with washers. Don't buy!!!

Original review: June 5, 2016

I wish I had paid more attention to reviews before buying this top load washer. In the first month after the install we had three different techs here for issues. Each time the techs had totally different answers to our problems. To date (5 months later) I feel as though I should just toss this and start again. I feel there are issues with the water levels and the clothes are never clean. I pre-soak my white stained items in another solution in a sink now before even washing them. I may just eat the cost of this because the aggravation is not worth it. I have never regretted any appliance purchase this much.

Original review: June 5, 2016

Do not buy this Samsung top loading washing machine. It has the fancy digital lights and buttons and the pretty singing tune when it's completed but it is a piece of crap. We've had this washing machine 4 years and I've been very obsessed taking care of it to make it last. I NEVER overloaded it. I babied this washing machine. It kept saying the load is unbalanced no matter what I put in the machine. I've wasted so much water even though it says it's an energy saver. It will just keep running water and saying it's unbalanced. I'm sick to my stomach over purchasing this crap.

Our last washing machine was used because I bought it at a garage sale and it lasted me 10 years. Oh and customer service doesn't care about washer complaints. It has this nice silver shiny sticker on the front that says 10 year warranty but that's for the motor. What a joke Samsung. I will never buy Samsung appliances again and I have warned all my friends and family also. I've learned an expensive lesson. No Samsung for me.

Original review: June 3, 2016

Samsung Top Loader Washing Machine Model #WA45H7200A--Worthless! Like many other reviews on here, we have had nothing but problems with our top loader. We purchased this washer 2 years ago for $800, and have been dealing with the same problem for the last year. During the spin cycle, it will bang loudly at the 7 minute mark, then fill with water and this cycle continues. Majority of the time, I have to wring out the clothes and towels, just to get them to dry somewhat quicker (still takes about 3 hours to dry and towels come out smelling moldy and starchy feeling). Made 3 calls to customer service. Last attempt was this morning and after getting to a supervisor, was told that they would "call for someone to repair" but would not cover the costs incurred. Seems that this problem is universal. In fact there are "How To" videos on the web to try and remedy this problem.

I've had washing machines that were 30 years old that worked better than this poor excuse for an appliance. Samsung does nothing to correct these issues. They just take our hard earned money and we are expected to shell out hundreds of dollars for a problem that obviously needs to be recalled. I spoke with an attorney's office this morning and she said to check around to see if there was a class action lawsuit pending? Or maybe all of us should consider this. I am absolutely infuriated with Samsung and their lack of customer service. I will never buy any of their products again and I will let everyone I know what garbage their products are! (One star is the lowest I can give this rating however this washer isn't worthy of a zero star rating!)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: June 2, 2016

I have owned this E Dryer 7.4CF Model # DV52J8700EP since Jan 15, 2016 bought from hhgregg. I would not recommend this unit to anybody. The top of the unit dents very easily just by putting a Laundry basket on top of the machine. It seems to have no support under the metal. Terrible design for a very expensive product.

Original review: June 2, 2016

Bought Samsung VRT top loader and front load dryer about 2 years ago. Worst products I have ever used. Washer has rust and blistering powder coat around the bleach dispenser. Dryer takes more than two hours to dry a load of clothes. I keep waiting for them to break down so I have a good excuse to send them to junk yard and buy another Kenmore. My old Kenmore washing machine and dryer lasted more than 15 years. We will never buy Samsung products again. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on these products.

Original review: June 2, 2016

Well we just had a repairman come and look at our machine. It has done what every 1000 complaints have said. It ate my blanket and the drum separated completely from the tub. My dryers needs two rollers that may be obsolete. The washer if gets a new drum sounds like within 3 mos. will fail again according to these reviews. The only saving grace is that we bought a 5 year warranty. The repairman laughed and said this is a design flaw and see it all the time. So I asked the obvious did they make a new and improved design change and he said he didn't know, but thinks sooooo. Oh geez sounds like I'm screwed??? Consumer Affairs what do I do? I want my money back because I don't want to go thru all of this.

Original review: June 1, 2016

WARNING... two years and 9 months ago I invested top dollar in a beautiful Samsung washer and dryer. I spent over $2,000 for the set. Today the dryer is already broken. The motherboard needs to be replaced. It came with a 24 month warranty... so now I am stuck with the repair bill. A whopping $450+ bill. My expectations when deciding to invest so much money in these type of appliances... that they will last. I always felt buying cheap would get you a few years of service before you had to reinvest. Since I am finally in the position to buy high-end items... I do. This Samsung model number DV456EWHDSU/AA has become a money pit. Needles to say, I am not pleased.

Original review: June 1, 2016

We purchased a Samsung washer (WF431ABW) and dryer (DV431AEW) in December of 2011. I am so thankful I purchased the extended warranty as the dryer began having problems in October 2015 (4 years old). First the thermostat went out. In March 2016, just a few months later, the heating element went out. Now, today (June 2016) the washing machine door latch broke causing water to spill all over the floor. While the warranty service will eventually fix the problem, I was without a clothes dryer for almost 3 weeks and who knows how long before my washer gets fixed. I would not buy a Samsung again given its very short life span. My mom had a Maytag for 25 years with minimal problems. I would expect a $2000 W/D set to last longer than 5 years. I'm really fed up with this company. I do not recommend buying a Samsung unit.

Original review: June 1, 2016

I had purchased a brand new Samsung Front Load Washer/Dryer. Paid over $2000 and started having problems with the washer the first week I used it. I had several service calls on it the first year. I should have gotten rid of it then but had no time so endured years of problems and having to put it thru the spin cycle twice every time. I am finally doing what I should have done and dump the washer and dryer. Samsung was no help at all and they don't care. I will never buy another Samsung product again and neither should you. Let's send a message to Samsung.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I purchased this Samsung Washer model WF350ANW/XAA set just over five years ago this memorial day. They were a present to myself and I bought the extended warranty and it ran out in 04/2016. How it always happens I started having problems with my washer in 05/2016. The washer started making this loud noise so I had a repairman that came and he told me that my drum is bent and that it would cost at least 600 just for the drum not to mention the labor. So as a concerned customer I called Samsung for support and their customer service is terrible. It is so sad to know as customers we have invested all this money in these appliances and we get nothing in return but a hassle and the runaround. This is a multi million dollar company - how can they treat customers like this.

I am a single mom and now I have to go to the freaking laundromat because of washer that is not fixable and Samsung is not willing to do anything about it. When I invest 1650.00 for a set my expectation for life of those appliances I would think would be at least 10 years minimum. I'm so disappointed in Samsung they need to get their customer service under control and be about customers who spend their hard earned money on crappy appliances and no one is willing to listen or do anything. My recommendation to myself and others I will not be purchasing another Samsung set. I am sorry for everyone else that has had the same hassle as me.

Original review: May 30, 2016

Had a Samsung clothes dryer (electric). After 21 months stopped working. Diagnosis from Samsung - motor bad. Checked with Home Depot, they contacted Samsung, they refused to do anything saying motor only warranted for 1 year. Now a motor should last more than 21 months on a dryer used by 2 81-year-old customers. Cost to replace with service call would have been over 250 dollars. No more Samsung products for me.

Original review: May 27, 2016

If there was a hate button for Samsung washers I would hit it everyday. I spent $700 (way more than I have ever spent on any washer) and I can't even wash a little dirt out. I'm on the 4th wash and there's still dirt everywhere. All over every article of clothing. This brand new Samsung washer doesn't clean anything. I didn't clean anything from day one. I wish I never bought it. I'm done with Samsung anything and everything.

Original review: May 24, 2016

Absolute garbage. Design flaws and poor use of materials give this appliance a 2-4 year life span, with needed repairs. Top frame sheet metal has rusted through just after the first year. Non-galvanized or treated steel was used for the top that rusts away around the bleach dispenser. Drain pump failed at 1 year and 1 month.

Tub hose failed at 2 years 6 months, causing massive flood. Now machine won't complete a full cycle without unbalance error. Tub support dampers need to be replaced with superseded part number (that replaces the defective originals). Quick search online reveals countless others with the same problems. To add final insult, Samsung discontinued replacement parts, e.g. rust prone cover, so that the machine can't even be repaired. Avoid this machine and brand like the plague.

Original review: May 21, 2016

We spent over $1600 on a Samsung Washer and Dryer. We are retired and on a fixed income but used our money for what we thought would be a top line set. Two months after our one year warranty ran out, our washer started shaking when it would spin. Then it continually kept recycling and never finished the cycle. I called the store we bought it from and was told they would send a representative out to check it out. I was told parts would have to be ordered and it would take around $350 to repair it plus the cost of the first trip to see what was wrong. I contacted Samsung and after an hour of "negotiating" with the representative they agreed to extend my warranty and cover parts and labor. They contacted a store that had certified repairman as evidently the store where we purchased the set didn't have a certified Samsung repairman.

When the certified technician called me he said he knew exactly what the problem was as he had already worked on several of the machines that had the same problem as ours. The repairs were made and the machine worked great for 3 months. Then it started doing the same thing again. We contacted Samsung and after talking to 3 representatives that couldn't have cared less what we were going through were told by all three that the warranty was out but they would send a technician out and fix the problem but it would be at our cost and if it was decided that the problem was with the washer they would "maybe" try to accommodate us by POSSIBLY pay for the parts IF it was their problem.

I asked them why would I couldn't afford to have this piece of junk fixed every 4 months. I was also told that they had no complaints on record of problems like we were having. WHAT A LIE!!! I suggested they look up customers reviews on their product, told them I wanted to talk to someone in the executive office and was told someone would call me back between 24 and 48 hours. That times has now passed and we still have received no call. We wound up paying another $850 on a new Speed Queen washer. Our $1000 washer was hauled off to the junkyard by the store that brought our new Speed Queen. If I hadn't already had to spend so much money on the two washers, I would hire an attorney and sue Samsung. If you are considering buying a new washer, please do not waste your money and nerves on this very inferior machine.

Original review: May 21, 2016

I purchased my Samsung washer and dryer over 4 years ago. I have 4 kids 3 of them teens. I love these machines. A bit high in price but well worth it. Like I said I have teens, they don't like to clean their room but when they do they have to wash everything. My machines have taken some serious abuse. All I do is keep the filter cleaned out every 2 weeks and disassemble the lint cartridge once a year to clean it all out. One thing to make sure of with these machines is that they are properly grounded. As an electrician I have seen so many problems on these machines and various other electronics from poor grounds... i.e. no earth ground or the ground rod clamp has loosened over time, or whoever wired it put the hot and neutral wires on the wrong side (110v washer) of the receptacle. The dryers tend to have more problems with poor grounding since it is a 220 volt.

My children (and wife) pack it to the max and all I have had to do besides maintenance is replace a front door seal. Just for the record my machines are not in a climate controlled environment. I live in Houston where it gets pretty humid. Just wanted to put it out there about the electrical part of it. No one seems to think about that part of it.

Original review: May 21, 2016

I bought the pair of Samsung Washer and dryer almost 3 years ago. We had a great working GE washer for 12 years and we gave it away still working to upgrade both appliances. The washer goes into spin cycle and starts banging loud. Then refills with water and starts over never spinning out. The dryer keeps drying for more time then the timer like over 2 hours. I and my husband have called Samsung with no results or call backs. I will never buy another Samsung appliance!

Original review: May 20, 2016

The hot water coming from my water heater is set at 140 degrees. I purge the faucet right next to the washing machine of cold water, by letting it run to full hot so that the machine is instantly able to get hot water. I have followed all of the owners manual and Samsung Support instructions for resolving this issue. The water temperature, as measured by a normal meat thermometer and an infrared thermometer is 72 degrees, when I have "normal cycle - hot water" selected! That is 21 degrees COLDER than specs. Samsung support says that the target water temperature for this unit, on that cycle, is 93 degrees.

I made sure that the reason for below spec water temp was not merely an issue with the quantity of water the machine uses, by pre-wetting the clothes with hot water. This fools the machine into using the maximum amount of water for that load. The machine agitates the dry clothes in the first few seconds of the cycle to determine the weight, and then dispenses water and sets the length of the cycle accordingly. I am currently dealing with Samsung on this issue. But after 5 repair visits, and no solution, it's up to them to make it right.

There are 2 simple but time-consuming solutions to this problem. 1) If you have a sink in your laundry room like I do, install an on-off garden hose splitter on the faucet, then connect a short garden hose to one side. The splitter allows the sink to be used and water to be put in the washing machine. Pre-wet the clothes by hosing them down with hot water when they are in the machine. Start your washing machine as you normally would. Once the machine begins to dispense water into the tub (allow enough time to dispense all the detergent from the cup), hit the pause button. When to door unlocks, use your garden hose to fill the tub up with hot water, then close the lid and resume the cycle. Be careful! There is a sensor in the machine that will automatically drain the water out if you overfill it. So you'll have to experiment to find that point, and fill to just below that.

The #2 solution: Install 2 hand valves with splitters and a bypass hose, so that if you want hot water wash, the valves can switched to allow only hot water into the "hot" intake, as well as the "cold" intake. The washer only dispenses water by volume. It does not measure the incoming temperature, so if you have hot coming into both connections on the back of the machine, you will have a hot wash. I have performed both of these, they both work. I chose the garden hose fill method because it was physically easier to perform. I set a timer on my phone so it fills to just where it won't auto-drain. When the timer beeps, I shut off the hose, close the lid, and I have a hot water wash.

Original review: May 19, 2016

Samsung Jet VRT SmartCare - We have had our Samsung Top Load Washer for less than 2 years. All it does is get off balance and beep. No matter whether I have a small load or a large load, it is always off balance. I have called customer support several times over the 2+ years with no resolution. I finally called a repairman and spent $253 for NOTHING. He actually wanted over $600 to fix it correctly. Ha! We have troubleshot everything to no avail. Will never, never have another Samsung product again. Beware buyers!

Original review: May 18, 2016

We recently scrapped our 3-year old Samsung washer and dryer due to the high cost of prospective repairs. The drum on the washer went defective and even though only 30 days out of warranty Samsung declined to stand behind it so it was more cost effective to replace the washer than fix it. The problem was that every load went into UE error, which is unbalanced load. Since it's only my wife and I, and we are seniors, we do not have large laundry loads, so why would it wear out so soon? Samsung's customer service was completely disinterested in discussing the matter of the washer tub since it was out of warranty. We tried on both their phone line and by email. Email was most frustrating since it was obviously answered from offshore and they didn't seem to have read or understood the complaint.

The dryer had been repaired under warranty with replacement of the main circuit board and went defective again in the exact same way after warranty so knowing the replacement cost of that board and given the experience with the washer we elected to replace that as well. Since this was all a $1600+ decision, it was not taken lightly! Read the reviews on the internet. Normally I take them with a grain of salt figuring every product has a problem now and again, but in this case it seems to be true in general and was a very expensive mistake on our part! So my recommendation is do not purchase Samsung laundry products. You will probably regret it in the long run.

Original review: May 17, 2016

My 6 month old Samsung dryer quit heating. I called the first day for service and was told I would be contacted in 2 days. Ten days later, I am still being told I will be contacted in 2 days. Every time I call back, someone tells me the previous person did not complete the form correctly. The last 2 days I have been told that there is no service person in my area and I can have my dryer replaced or get a refund. I would never choose a Samsung product of any kind based on the service I have received. I certainly don't want a replacement. We do not live in a rural area so I don't know why a person isn't available to service it. The people are nice on the phone but obviously incompetent if each time I have called they aren't filling out the paperwork correctly. Total disaster. Do not buy Samsung because you are risking a chance that you might need service. 10 days without a dryer and no hope for the future.

Original review: May 17, 2016

I cannot recommend Samsung appliances. Love the TVs. They should stick to electronics and stay out of consumer appliances. I owned a refrigerator and the plastic guides in the ice-maker actually continually broke off pieces of plastic that ended up in your glass when you dispensed ice. It was dangerous. Now I own this piece of junk washing machine I paid $650 for less than two years ago. It is a large-capacity 5cf washer, but if you put too much heavy clothing in there (e.g., denim jeans plus some bath towels), it seems it cannot figure out how much clothing it is supposed to wash, and so it just keeps running water.

I don't know what it is doing with the water, because it must be draining it back out as it fills. It does not run over, but it just never washes. This has happened several times, and the only solution is that I have to change over to the spin cycle, drain all the water, and pull out half the laundry and start over. I think this relates to a fault in the weight sensor. If the weight is too high, the controller must go berserk.

When I contacted them for support, they said that I had overloaded. It is a 5cf washer. They should consider that somebody might put 5cf of jeans and towels in there. Does not seem unreasonable to me. Sometimes it will start washing and the cycle will go on for two hours. I cannot even figure out what it is doing most of the time. I do know it wastes a lot of water, in spite of being supposedly Energy Star rated.

The only cycle that actually seems to work is the Quick Wash. The Normal Cycle goes nuts and runs too long. Most of the time I cannot wash on Hot. It will give me an error that essentially says it cannot get enough hot water, even though the water in my place is so hot it can scald your flesh. (I live in an apartment and do not have control over the hot water setting, in case you wonder.)

The LCD display has also given out so that half the digits are not displayed properly. As a result, you can never tell how much time is left on the cycle. But that is only covered by a 1-year warranty, even though there is a big sticker still on the front of the washer that says "10-Year Warranty". That only applies to the motor. From my experience and that of others on this thread, they won't have to honor the 10-year warranty on the motor, because nothing else will work by then. It is completely impossible to exert any manual control over this washer. Once a cycle has started, you cannot change anything such as temperature. If you throw some laundry in to soak, then you cannot add more laundry later and continue washing, because it will not add more water.

I don't really know what motivated me to buy this. I guess the salesman was good. Mother always believed in buying the simplest appliances--completely manual, no fancy cycles and no fancy electronics--because then there was less to break. I will keep that in mind next time. I see a number of people comparing Samsung to GE. I don't think that is much of a comparison. I have had a number of GE appliances over the years (they came with rentals) and without exception, they were the worst junk I had to deal with. Ovens that could not control temperature within 50 degrees, refrigerators that froze all the food regardless of how you set the control, washing machine that danced all over the room with even a light load.

In fact, as an engineer in the energy industry, I will say that I think everything GE makes is junk except their aircraft engines. Their light bulbs are even junk. From a number of conversations, my sense is that Maytag remains the best for washing machines. That will be my next purchase, unless somebody tells me they have gone downhill, too.

Original review: May 14, 2016

I purchased a Samsung front-loading washer and dryer set and within 4 months I had a problem with the washer. I got the 5e error code and proceeded to follow the instructions to drain the machine and clear the filter. That did not resolve the issue. I called Samsung to schedule a repair. They sent out a repair technician who took a look at the washer and insisted that we put cat food in the washer therefore voided the warranty because we used it improperly. I argued with a supervisor at Samsung to no avail as they go by what the technician says. I bought an extended warranty at Home Depot so I called them - they won't cover anything that the manufacturer won't cover so I am out a washer and I haven't finished paying for it. What a crock - no one stands behind their products any more yet they charge a fortune for them and you pay for an extended warranty which is crap.

Original review: May 14, 2016

My WF410ANW/XAA washer started making a grinding noise during the spin cycles. Disassembly revealed the problem was a leaking rear seal on the drum. Water corroded the flange shaft assembly and the bearings were damaged. It is beyond belief a washing machine would have this serious a failure after being used for a maximum of three loads per week for five years. The cost to obtain repair parts was exceptionally high. As a result I purchased a Whirlpool washer and dryer as replacements and will never purchase Samsung laundry products again.

Original review: May 12, 2016

My Samsung washing machine purchased 7/18/13 is a piece of junk. It is rusting in and out, the tub is fraying and shredding off. It now will not stop washing clothes, it just keeps running and running, the "spin" only cycle will not allow the clothes to spin. I would never buy another Samsung product of any kind. I have sent pictures to Samsung and although they said I would have a response within 4-6 hours, 24 hours later I have heard nothing. I paid $718 for this trash at Home Depot and cannot get any kind of help. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Original review: May 7, 2016

Being a district manager with 110 employees and a 1-800 numbers for my customers to call I really never do these complaints. But I must say that the Samsung washing machines have to be by far the worse purchase we have ever made. I only wish I had read the reviews. Everything they state in the past complaints are true. Machine starts knocking, then starts not spinning, then starts error codes and then ultimately just stops. We haven't even had them for two years. Not to mention the rust that started within the 1st year. Please take my advice and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SAMSUNG WASHERS!!!

Original review: May 5, 2016

I purchased a Samsung washer & dryer set for my daughter and I in 2013 and the washer have given us both the same issues. The washer won't spin out during the spin cycle. It will start spinning, and then start wobbling from side to side, then rock, bounce, and shake VERY HARD! Then it shuts down and start refilling with water all over again. This repeats at least 6-7 times no matter what size load you put in. This washer needs to be discontinued IMMEDIATELY! It's rusting all around the bleach dispenser and it doesn't clean laundry either. My clothes used to smell so fresh and clean with my old washer. Now I can't smell my fabric softener or laundry detergent. The dryer is no better. PEOPLE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!!!

Original review: May 5, 2016

We bought a Samsung Model WF218ANW/XAA 01 front load washing machine 6 years ago. Recently something started burning inside so we shut it down. Repair man told us front gasket, basket and bearings needed replaced and would cost more than a new machine. Called Samsung and was transferred to their "Executive Customer Relations Department."

When I described the problem and asked why their machine only lasted 6 years they were unable to give me an answer. My last machine lasted 20 years. I will never buy another Samsung product again. Samsung has no interest in helping customers and do not stand behind their products. I subsequently found several customer complaints in this forum that sounded very familiar down to the lack of interest on part of Samsung to stand behind their product.

Original review: May 4, 2016

On April 18, 2015, I purchased the Samsung 4.5 cu ft washer from Lowe's. From day one, the washer never washed clothes very well. It doesn't have an agitator (get a washer with agitator)! Within 5 months I changed washing liquid 3 times because the clothes don't smell fresh. As a matter of fact, the clothes have an odor. On April 2, 2016, I called Lowe's for service because of a loud noise and the odor. Lowe's said if they couldn't find a technician within 3 days of my call, they would have to give me another machine. I live in a rural area. I purchased an extended warranty from Lowe's. Lowe's contacted Samsung because the washer was still under manufacturer's warranty. The first technician wouldn't come because I lived too far and I had to call the technician myself to find that out, 4 days after my initial call. After which I told Samsung they needed to pick up the machine since the technician wouldn't come.

On April 9, I was told Samsung needed a copy of my receipt to find another technician. I scanned the receipt and then had to call them back to arrange for someone to come out. I had to take off my job because the service company's window of repair was 8-5pm on April 21, 2016. Yes, that long to get service. The A&E tech came at 10am but said they couldn't find anything wrong with the motor and couldn't do anything about the odor but I could wash smaller loads (wash towels together, shirts together, jeans together, etc). I said so much for saving energy (electricity bill will be higher). The machine already has to run an average of 70 minutes on a cycle to "clean" effectively and for stains, I have to spray and scrub really hard to basically get the stain out by hand first. Very poor washer. Don't buy it. It's just "pretty" and that's all. It doesn't get the job done. I will never buy another Samsung washer.

Samsung Washers Company Information