Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Washers Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2016

Purchased 3 years ago at Best Buy with extended warranty. Noticed paint bubbling up around bleach compartment about a year ago. Now, my white clothing is getting stains during every wash. Reading reviews and blogs after Googling this model convinced me that Samsung is aware of this issue and will not address it as theirs.

Original review: July 10, 2016

Samsung top load washer with aqua jet vrt - The spawn of Satan. Out of about 100 loads we get may get 2 spins without it going out of balance. This is following Samsung's directions of doing clothes and towels etc. separately. Not overloading the tub. The load is always unbalanced and goes back to rinse cycle forever. How they can put high efficiency on this unit is beyond me. My wife has to wait for me to get home to put a load in. We wait for the final spin and the sound of an unbalanced load, stop it, rearrange clothes so it will spin right. Besides all this, it does not clean clothes! Buyer beware!

Original review: July 8, 2016

This is the worst washer ever! I just removed yet another load that was stinky and not clean. Do not even CONSIDER buying this machine! I read the reviews from other people and thought it must clean the clothes if it is so highly rated. I loved my Samsung refrigerator and was determined to purchase this washer. There is no agitation of the clothes -- they are in about 3 inches of water on the bottom and the clothes just get bumped around a little bit, even though the cycle takes over an hour. I have to dump buckets of water in to fool the washer that the clothes are heavier to get the 3 inches of water. My towels never smell clean anymore -- they smell nasty! I haul my clothes 50 miles to my cabin to wash them in my old washer if I want them clean. For this I had the pleasure of paying over a thousand dollars??? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: July 6, 2016

Because all of my electronic products are Samsung, when I needed a new washer and dryer, I specifically chose Samsung. Very unfortunate error on my part. My dryer broke after only a month--wouldn't even dry a load of towels. Dealing with Samsung warranty is a royal pain. When I spoke to them, they kept wanting more and more information that I simply could not provide and the woman wouldn't even let me speak with her supervisor. The repairman is FINALLY here and installing a new motor. One would think that a motor would/should last for more than a month, but mine didn't. Unhappy and disappointed to the extreme in Samsung. I thought they would make a far, far better product than this piece of crap. Never again!!

Original review: July 6, 2016

We purchased a washer on March 10, 2012. Within a year it began to rust. We also purchased the extended warranty. When I called to have it checked out I was told that rust is not covered. I feel that this product was defective from the start. I am very upset with this and will never purchase another Samsung product. I was going to buy another top where all the rust is and was told the part was no longer available. If this company has complaints about the top rusting you would think that they would fix the problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: July 5, 2016

This is the most costly rip-off I have ever experienced. After 14 years our trusty old GE washer stopped pouring hot water. My wife and I decided to upgrade to one of the new awesome digital washer and dryer that we've seen advertised so often. We went with the Samsung top load washer and dryer. What an epic mistake! Just after the 4th load our dryer would not work on Regular Cycle and we had to use time dry only. That was a red flag but we didn't pursue repair. We had also noticed that basic stains were not being cleaned off our clothes and they didn't smell as fresh as our old W&D made the clothes smell. How disappointing! We spent $1400 on the pair but it doesn't stop there.

Now 13 months after purchase our washer no longer has a strong Cleaning Cycle. Instead it chugs back and forth slowly and pauses every 30 seconds. This pause also stops the clock so when the cycle starts at 1 hour it takes closer to 2.5 hours. We have been ripped off by a trusted company! SAMSUNG has ripped us off and it sounds like they are doing it to others too. This means they are aware of their faulty product and it sounds like us consumers may have a Class Action Lawsuit on our hands. A consultation may be in my forecast. And just imagine. I was on the verge purchasing a $3200 4K Samsung 65" television because I enjoyed my last Samsung TV so much. I will be going with the SONY 4K now and Samsung has lost a customer and respect!

Original review: July 1, 2016

I bought a Samsung front loader washer in 2006. Major problem is it just stopped spinning. It would try to work and then it would lock up. Called service repair out and they told me it was a cracked drum. They gave me an estimate of $730 to fix it!!! That is more than I paid for it and more than just buying a new one. I will never buy another Samsung!

Original review: June 30, 2016

Another Samsung Washer defective drain pump fiasco -- This is similar to others complaining about this same item -- My 2012 Samsung WA400PJHDWR/AA White Top Load Washer has a HUGE design flaw that is well known by Samsung. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Samsung to do anything to assist their customers. (They did redesign a new machine and stopped making the part.) The drain pump is housed in a very flimsy plastic assembly referred to as the drain pump housing. When the drain pump housing fell off the product it ripped off all the hoses from the tub causing all the water to flood our basement. We have contacted Samsung with no results. We had to pay $320 to get the unit fixed. If I knew all this info before hand I would have just bought another non-Samsung washer.

Original review: June 29, 2016

Our Samsung washer is less than five years old and the bleach dispenser area is rusting through. Signs of rust started showing up around two years after having the washer. A service repairman told us (while replacing the boards in our Samsung dryer after 2.5 years) that it was an issue with the washer and Samsung had redesigned them but would do nothing to help with our issue. We tried to prolong the issue by putting porcelain paint around the dispenser, but that started showing rust staining and now it has eaten through the metal in a couple locations. Contacted Samsung support, which is a joke. The first person to respond said they didn't have a record of my product being registered. I provided all the model, serial number, and purchase information again. The next person gave me a sales pitch on how Samsung has 'world class products' and an explanation of how rust is formed.

The respondent tells me they "have check the information in our database and there are no reported issues with this washer model." I believe a simple Google search, this website, and the reviews on Amazon would say otherwise. I was then told that rust is considered "cosmetic damage" and is not covered by warranty. How can it be cosmetic damage if it is inside the washing machine and around a designed functional component we have never used? I know I will never be owning another Samsung product, nor will I be recommending one to anyone. There is no reason a washing machine, which is supposed to be designed for repeated exposure to water and chemicals, should be rusting out this bad so quickly. Don't buy from a company that won't stand behind its products and has no sense of customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2016

I wish we read the reviews before we purchased our Samsung toploader 3 yrs ago. I see all of our problems listed, smelly clothes no matter what detergent, or washer cleaner you try, makes ungodly noises and spins out of balance. The inside of our machine is chewed to pieces. I tried running it on delicate and it still went out of balance. This is going to the scrap metal pile and I promise not to buy Samsung appliances again! Don't really like the dryer either, but will keep till it breaks down. Samsung you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Original review: June 27, 2016

At just under one year of ownership, it started to sound like an airplane was taking off in my laundry room. Long story short, the clips holding the washer tub into place were not working and the Samsung certified repairman said customers' washer tubs were falling off the body of the washer. This was covered under the one year warranty. That did not happen to us but having the tub replaced before it was a year old, really, Samsung? Now, 2 weeks ago it began continually restarting a wash cycle over and over and over because it cannot balance the load properly to spin out.

But here is the kicker: a little more than 6 months ago I started to notice a small amount of rust right beside where the water jets out into the tub (to the left of the softener/detergent dispenser) and when I placed my phone up under the rim to take some photos, there is rust there, as well as around the water hose, and just above the dispenser, too. What a joke!!! And Samsung will not cover a service call even though I believe it should be part of the 10 year motor warranty. A local certified repairman will come for over $200!! NO THANKS!!

Original review: June 27, 2016

Samsung front load washers, for a matter of fact, both Samsung washer and dryers have issues. My wife thought it was slick, and did some research couple of years ago, before purchasing. We have paid lot of money to replace our GE and Whirlpool appliances. But Samsung appliances are real bad. We did a mistake by not purchasing the extended warranty, by trusting the products, assuming paying good amount of money, would give you peace of mind. Well, we were wrong.

Since last couple of years, we had 4 visits from our expert local Samsung technician. Couple of years ago, started with drum had to be replaced. That is beginning of the problems. Today, we had the steel tub is scraping the metal covers and makes a huge noise. It's not working anymore. We have spent close to $1000 just for the repair, each time (last 4 times) the technician visits since last couple of years, the service and the parts costed us $100-$300. Initially, we thought of replacing it couple of years ago, but, thought, I think this may be it, we will not have any more problem. We were wrong. We had GE and Whirlpool before, we may have had 2 visits each in 8 years.

Just couple of years, after 4 times broken and repaired, now, the tub is broken. The part costs so much, that we can purchase new Washer. So, this is it. No more Samsung appliances in our home, bye-bye Samsung. Now, we have to purchase new one, definitely, we will not purchase Samsung this time. Enough of it. I would have given 0 star, but, there is not one.

Original review: June 25, 2016

Like all the other reviews, we bought our washer and dryer just over 2 years ago and have the same recurring issues with the spin, unbalance and repetitive water filling. The water line disconnected and we also had the flood issue. My husband fixed it (Thank god he's handy) but every cycle, no matter what I put in, the washer makes the super annoying and utterly frustrating banging and clanging until I physically adjust the load - EVERY time. I have now resorted to staying in the area while my washing machine is running so I can help it get through a cycle.

This sorry excuse for a washer is nothing, and I mean nothing, compared to the Kenmore washer I had for 10+ years. It was noisy but I could walk away and trust it was getting the job done. In addition, my clothes are only somewhat clean and let's not forget the dryer that decides when your clothes are dry except they are always still damp at the end of the cycle. Ugh. I could take my clothes to the laundromat on a bicycle and it would not come close to being as stressful as this is. Maybe I could repurpose my washer and turn it into a compost. That's about all it is good for. Lesson: don't buy Samsung.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I would never suggest this machine to anyone. I have had stinky clothes for the last couple years and kept trying other laundry product and nothing helps. The mold build up is awful and disgusting. I would like this company to come out and replace the rubber part for nothing and keep doing that at least once a year so I can try to enjoy clean clothes and bedding instead of wasting my money rewashing everything and using your so called pure cycle that doesn't work, not to mention the amount of hot water I waste. Please help me with this problem.

Original review: June 19, 2016

I purchased this washing machine brand because the manager of the Canandaigua, NY Lowe's Appliance department touted its outstanding qualities in comparison to other front loaders. Unfortunately, after using it for one day, I completely disagreed with the Lowe's manager. A new one was delivered a week later (annoying), but there was no difference, with the exception of the dents that came with the first washer. The first issue (remains) the 'racking' of the washer when I put it on high spin, which I never do anymore because my whole house vibrates! The high spin is supposed to be a quality of this machine, as it reduces drying time. I went on-line to query what other Samsung washing machine owners have experienced and found that I was not alone with this problem.

One Samsung washing machine owner used boat bumpers to stabilize the machine when it was spinning and walking all over the floor. I have done that (on both sides!) and it does help. When they saw the bumpers, the Lowe's manager and delivery persons agreed that I should not have to do this... Duh! By the way, the machine is perfectly balanced (I made sure of that by breaking out my level while the delivery person was at my home). Additionally, the Samsung front loading machine is NOT ergonomically designed, as it is very difficult to remove clothes from the washing barrel. Finally, the bleach dispenser does not work properly, as it dispenses the bleach undiluted into the washing barrel (completely ruining several items). I caution anyone thinking of purchasing a Samsung front load washing machine 3.6 cu ft.

Original review: June 17, 2016

My new Samsung washing machine would throw out of cycle on Spin, then refill and repeat with about 18 minutes left on an hour long wash. Refill and out of cycle no-Spin continued all day until I turned off washer full of water and clothes. Lots of water wasted! Problem was due to 4 steel rods that suspend the entire tank not being strong enough to hold weight of loaded tank. This was not a warrantied item. Cost me over $250 for 5 min. of work to replace rods with stronger ones. Technicians carry the stronger rods at +/- $85 for the parts because all Samsung washers need these rods replaced.

Original review: June 16, 2016

I purchased my washer about three years ago, and it was doing fine until a few months ago when it began to flood my laundry room and spill over to the carpet in my sitting area. My husband tried to check out what was the problem. He discovered that the drain pump was no longer connected. He tried a few times to reconnect it, but could not because nothing was holding it in place. I contacted Samsung, and they offered a one-time repair call. After two weeks a technician came out. He immediately stated “he could not begin to work on our washer because someone had tampered with the machine and might have caused other damage.”

I explained to him that nothing else had been changed and could he go ahead and fix the issue that Samsung had agreed to repair. He took pictures and sent them to Samsung and waited for their response. After a couple of days Samsung told me that they were going to fix my machine. I have been waiting now since April. From my understanding of the Samsung customer services department, this is a known problem with Samsung washer. Who could we contact, regarding issues such as this, like car manufacturers have recalled on parts after many years. Someone needs to be responsible for matters. It is a known fact, and it has happened to many washers after three years or less?

I am putting out money that I do not have, going to the laundry mat. They want me to have someone out to my house to get an estimate on the damage in the basement, but I can not afford to have someone out here, and Samsung refuses to pay them. As a consumer, we should have some rights after supporting and purchasing these goods from manufacturers that promise we are getting the best and putting a seal of approval on how reliable their product is. Can someone help me, please?

Original review: June 13, 2016

I bought a Samsung 4.5 HE washer and given a stinky cash register receipt for an appliance purchase plus salesperson charged me for the most expensive hook up hose without asking which one I wanted. I changed it to the $15.99 one. I don't like the service plus the documents given at time of purchase. Then on top of this, the delivery men stole the (red/blue) hoses I bought and installed the black hose which I just noticed several days later. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice. They called me 20 minutes before delivery, the day of delivery which was about 9:30 am. They were in and out of here in about 15 minutes like they were in a hurry. They went to the wrong apartment banging on the door through the garage which made the people think they were being robbed.

I called and spoke with an assistant manager on June 4th about this sloppy service. He could tell me about taping the receipt to the back of the washer. He just made excuses. A customer should be handed an invoice for the purchase, delivery instructions and return policy. Don't buy a Samsung washer. It doesn't spin the clothes as good as my old washer which is 20 yrs. old. I'm not buying a new washer and have to have it repaired within a few days. I will never buy this type of item without proper documents. The customer signs for delivery but does not get a copy of anything. What kind of raggedy service is this?

Original review: June 11, 2016

Our Samsung washer was 3 years old in May. A few months ago my husband and I noticed that around the bleach tray it was starting to rust. We called Samsung. On my husband's initial call they said "sure, let's set up service!" The call was disconnected on their end. The second call they said "You're out of warranty." We told her we just spoke to someone and they said it was no problem. They said they had no record. Then they said "we can help you with the part, but you'll have to pay labor." "Okay, better than nothing". Call disconnected AGAIN. Called for the THIRD time and they said "hope, no warranty, not our problem". No joke.

Now it's June and I didn't waste my energy calling Samsung. Our spin cycle keeps getting thrown off so I schedule Sears Repair Service. The tech comes out and says the suspension rods are bad. All 4 of them. Over $300 for the repair. Fantastic tech and great service but no thank you. He also advised that Samsung has no interest in taking care of their customers. Now today, my husband picked up the parts for the rods and took the washer apart. The photo here will show you our 3 year old bleach tray. They provide you the ability to use bleach but don't use any type of anti-corrosive material to prevent the bleach from rusting the machine. I'm not an expert but if a washer costs me over $800, maybe they should make sure these things won't happen? Maybe cover them if they do? The moral of my story - I highly suggest you stay away from Samsung products. We will never buy Samsung products again.

Original review: June 10, 2016

4 year old washing machine malfunctioned (pump separated from valve) and flooded area resulting in over $3000 in damages. Samsung sent a service person who said the machine had subsequently been redesigned. He felt Samsung would "definitely do something." After 4 months, having forwarded them all pictures, bills etc. they requested, they are now stonewalling. No decision forwarded to insurance department etc. Terrible people to deal with. Lousy product.

Original review: June 7, 2016

Washer model WA400p - Bought this model washing machine May 2013. It now breaks down only 3 years later in June 2016. Spewing grease all over the clothes that were currently being washed. Before the grease incident, already was having problems with mold periodically appearing all over clothes after they were in the wash, which had to be washed again and again to remove mold. Mom did research and saw that other people were having this same problem with the very same model, as there is a design flaw that causes a standing reservoir of stagnant water to accumulate under the drum that can't be reached, where mold can thrive.

After grease incident Ma called their customer service, was met with a rude snotty service agent who acted irritated to be tasked with our problems, asking questions about what we were doing to our clothes before the wash in a way that made it seem like they were suggesting we were the reason why this machine is spewing grease from its internal machinery all over our clothes. Finally tells us "I'll send someone out to look at it but you will probably have to pay for it." Mom tells her of the 10 year warranty. "Oh that's just for replacing parts." Um what else is there? When your washer is spewing its own machinery grease into the wash isn't that a sign parts need to be replaced? lol. Will never buy another Samsung product again, washer or otherwise. Whether you buy Samsung products or not, avoid this washer like the plague.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I am a single woman who purchased a stacking Samsung washer/dryer set about 2.5 years ago in Pasadena, CA, and do about 2-3 loads a week. Lately the front loading washer has been making a very loud noise when it spins, so I scheduled a Samsung repair man out to fix the problem. He said it was the bearing and the cost of repair was at least $500, warrantied for 90 days, and there might be other problems once he opens it up. His advice was to buy another washer. I asked him why washers don't last for 20 years like the old Maytags, and he said "no one makes good ones anymore." I suppose this is a new business model to sell more appliances, but it must be wreaking havoc on the environment. I don't want to buy a new appliance, but I don't know what the solution is. When I do buy another washer it will not be a Samsung, but for now I'm going to keep using this piece of junk until it gives up the ghost, and figure it out then.

Original review: June 6, 2016

I have owned a Samsung Washer (Aqua Jet) for 2.5 years and I have just been told by a repairman that it will cost in excess of $700 to repair the drum and bearings. The spin cycle began to malfunction, the drum seemed like it was loose or something. Anyway, these machines are an absolute abomination, it's a joke that reputable suppliers actually stock and sell them. I will never ever purchase another Samsung product.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Have a new Samsung washer. Called needed a very cheap part a washer cap, the one I have broke. This part cannot be taken out after put in only if it breaks. This broke. The part cost 5.95. They did nothing to help but told me to buy one. This product's in under warranty. I will never buy a Samsung product. Looking to buy a 55 inch curved led TV by Samsung NOW will buy an LG. Samsung products will never enter this home. Funny just for a 5.00 dollar their cost maybe a 1.50. Nice Service.

Original review: June 5, 2016

I bought a Samsung washer about three years ago and had nothing but problems, two floods. It can't get to the end of a cycle without help. I have had several machines over the years and this is the worst. Keeps saying uneven load. I am constantly adjusting the clothes in the machine, even one item the machine needs help to complete the spin cycle. This is the biggest frustration in my life. I am tempted to drop it off at the Samsung office and demand my money back. This is a piece of **.

Original review: June 5, 2016

Samsung wf45h6300ag washer purchased 2.27.16. Replaced drain pump 6.2.16 after unit flooded area and stopped taking in water. Repair people ordered parts as soon as they heard what happened; seemed almost expected... today (3-days later) 6.5.16 area flooded again. Awaiting call back from Samsung. My mistake in buying Samsung. Looks like they already had one class action suit with washers. Don't buy!!!

Original review: June 5, 2016

I wish I had paid more attention to reviews before buying this top load washer. In the first month after the install we had three different techs here for issues. Each time the techs had totally different answers to our problems. To date (5 months later) I feel as though I should just toss this and start again. I feel there are issues with the water levels and the clothes are never clean. I pre-soak my white stained items in another solution in a sink now before even washing them. I may just eat the cost of this because the aggravation is not worth it. I have never regretted any appliance purchase this much.

Original review: June 5, 2016

Do not buy this Samsung top loading washing machine. It has the fancy digital lights and buttons and the pretty singing tune when it's completed but it is a piece of crap. We've had this washing machine 4 years and I've been very obsessed taking care of it to make it last. I NEVER overloaded it. I babied this washing machine. It kept saying the load is unbalanced no matter what I put in the machine. I've wasted so much water even though it says it's an energy saver. It will just keep running water and saying it's unbalanced. I'm sick to my stomach over purchasing this crap.

Our last washing machine was used because I bought it at a garage sale and it lasted me 10 years. Oh and customer service doesn't care about washer complaints. It has this nice silver shiny sticker on the front that says 10 year warranty but that's for the motor. What a joke Samsung. I will never buy Samsung appliances again and I have warned all my friends and family also. I've learned an expensive lesson. No Samsung for me.

Original review: June 3, 2016

Samsung Top Loader Washing Machine Model #WA45H7200A--Worthless! Like many other reviews on here, we have had nothing but problems with our top loader. We purchased this washer 2 years ago for $800, and have been dealing with the same problem for the last year. During the spin cycle, it will bang loudly at the 7 minute mark, then fill with water and this cycle continues. Majority of the time, I have to wring out the clothes and towels, just to get them to dry somewhat quicker (still takes about 3 hours to dry and towels come out smelling moldy and starchy feeling). Made 3 calls to customer service. Last attempt was this morning and after getting to a supervisor, was told that they would "call for someone to repair" but would not cover the costs incurred. Seems that this problem is universal. In fact there are "How To" videos on the web to try and remedy this problem.

I've had washing machines that were 30 years old that worked better than this poor excuse for an appliance. Samsung does nothing to correct these issues. They just take our hard earned money and we are expected to shell out hundreds of dollars for a problem that obviously needs to be recalled. I spoke with an attorney's office this morning and she said to check around to see if there was a class action lawsuit pending? Or maybe all of us should consider this. I am absolutely infuriated with Samsung and their lack of customer service. I will never buy any of their products again and I will let everyone I know what garbage their products are! (One star is the lowest I can give this rating however this washer isn't worthy of a zero star rating!)

Original review: June 2, 2016

I have owned this E Dryer 7.4CF Model # DV52J8700EP since Jan 15, 2016 bought from hhgregg. I would not recommend this unit to anybody. The top of the unit dents very easily just by putting a Laundry basket on top of the machine. It seems to have no support under the metal. Terrible design for a very expensive product.

Samsung Washers Company Information