Samsung Washers
1.09/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Samsung Washers

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1922 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I bought a Samsung front loading washing machine about 5 months ago and the unit continues to move during the spin cycle. It seems like it is always off balance. The shipping bolts have been removed and the machine is level on a cement floor. So far, Samsung has given me very little assistance and won't send out a technician even though it is under warranty. They had me go through some self-diagnosis at home but that didn't help. I even have scratches on the side of the washing machine from it bumping into my dryer. Terrible customer service from Samsung. The store that I bought this machine from is trying to help me and get me set up for a technician to come out. Beware of Samsung!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in Sept 2015 for $800. The washer was recalled on Nov 2016 and within 12 hours of it being on news outlets I went to their website and filled out the recall forms. I NEVER heard a thing... CRICKETS. I call in Jan 2017 fill out everything via phone since they have no record of my online account. They schedule service for Tues Jan 24. I get notice from UPS I have an undeliverable package. I have to drive 2 hours away from home and it's the part to fix my washer.

The repair tech comes and it's the WRONG part. I immediately call Samsung who has me call the parts distributor. They tell me dispatch will give me a call. I give them 2 days. CRICKETS... I call this morning and they didn't return my call because the part is unavailable now... call Samsung. I call Samsung and get "our system is down. Let us call you back but be aware we can't help. You will have to call corporate..." NEVER will SAMSUNG get another penny from me. Stuck with a piece of junk I can't use.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I purchased this washer from my local Home Depot store in March 2016. First, Samsung doesn't impress me by stating that they only allow certified technicians to represent their products. The "certified delivery/installers" with Kid Glove Installation in Indianapolis, IN installed steel reinforced water line hoses which were in violation of the manufacturers guidelines to only use rubber hoses which would not restrict the water flow to the spot wash basin's water supply.

It was first assessed that the unit was defective and we were without use of our washer for over 2 weeks since that delivery. The same problem with the replacement unit was diagnosed when someone at my house with appliance repair experience stated it was because of the hoses that Kid Glove used. One would think a certified Samsung technician would have known this. It was over a month before Home Depot stepped up to take the lead and replace them. Again, not impressed with Samsung standing behind their "certified contractors".

Second, It is not January 2017 and I have a letter telling me there is a defect in my machine which I need to contact Samsung to determine which one of the two options they have for fixing the problem. One is to let one of two "certified Samsung repair companies" to repair the unit. One of the companies is Installs, Inc. who does not specialize in appliance repair and they personally told me they could not assure me that anyone who would come to my home would have any appliance experience with Samsung appliances or even appliances in general beyond receiving my specific "Recall Repair Training" which consists on them getting a sheet with diagrams that I could read and perform and feel just as confident about them being done without possibly having caused an inadvertent damage to surrounding parts just due to ignorance with working on appliance units with large amounts of computer components.

The other company I had to choose from was Dish Network. Last I remember, Dish Network wasn't an appliance company. In fact, I worked for ten years for a "Dish Network" company which was in fact a contractor who was authorized and certified in name only, not in practice. The training for repairs even on satellite equipment consisted of a few sheets of paper with diagrams showing how to do the repairs and the repair parts needed. SO, I am very nervous about letting either of these certified repair companies touch my machine.

The other option is to return the washer. Keep in mind I paid 899.00 for this unit and have not even owned it for a year. Samsung asked my model number and serial number, I told them how much I paid and when I paid for it. I excluding to mention to them the amount of time I was without the use of my new machine(s) because of their "authorized Samsung installers". They then informed me that they would give me a rebate in the amount of only $674.00 if I purchased another Samsung washing product and only $580.00 if it was not a Samsung brand. I have not owned this unit for even a year! This is truly fraud on the part of Samsung to make a product that would conservatively sell for $ 899.00 and not reimburse me more than $ 674.00.

Consumer reports quoted Samsung regarding the average lifespan of their appliances by stating, Samsung. "We design all our products to strict standards expecting a minimum 10 years under normal consumer use conditions", says Dean **, director of laundry product marketing. Using that calculation, I should be receiving an offer to reimburse me $800.00. That doesn't include the sales tax I am out or the extended warranty that I purchased through Home Depot that hasn't even gone into effect yet.

What a crappy company Samsung. You know, I don't usual get hung up on branding when I am selecting consumer products, but I can well assure I will make sure that ANY future purchases will NEVER be Samsung products. I will also take EVERY opportunity to share my experience with family, friends, and strangers at a store looking a Samsung products. I want to make sure they know what kind of security they can expect with any Samsung brand warranty. I have a receipt that I can verify purchase, but am unable to scan it to this review. I would be happy to mail a hard copy to anyone who would like to challenge validity of my review.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I called Samsung to see if I could get my money back. Spoke to Franchesca and she said I could get a rebate. It seems she wasn't listening. She told me I could get a rebate but I had to pay for the delivery again on the washer. I then said I didn't want the product and was scared of purchasing another Samsung washer. Furthermore why should I have to pay for a delivery fee again when indeed it was their product that failed. Franchesca then said she would bring it up to corporate management again but if I didn't hear back that means there is no change on their decision. I have never had an experience like this and I'm pretty frustrated. I hope that they get back to me so that I'm not left with this bad feeling about them. I purchased the set so they would only give me a rebate on the washer. I truly believe in customer service but truly this isn't how you treat customers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I went through the Samsung procedure to get our top load washer repaired. Tech never showed. Called Samsung. They scheduled our visit with a company they no longer use. 2nd attempt, service scheduled, tech never showed. Called and spoke with Samsung rep, linguistic challenges made it almost impossible to understand what was being said. Very disappointed in Samsung. Will never purchase any of their products in the future. Lots of competition out there, stay away from Samsung.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I purchased the top load Samsung washing machine in September 2016 (#WA50K8600AV/A2) along with the matching dryer, from Home Depot. I was notified about the recall and decided to get the washing machine replaced. Despite the amount of money I have spent purchasing the washer and dryer, in addition to all the other Samsung products I've owned in the past, Samsung is refusing to replace my dryer as well. I compare this to a pair of shoes where the left shoe is defective but the right one works. The company just replaces my left shoe with a different model leaving me with mis-matched shoes. This concept is absolutely asinine.

I called the company in an attempt to understand where they were coming from, with the representative simply forwarding me to the "Executive Customer Relations" department who is supposed to call you within "24-48 business hours." Four days later, I still haven't received a call and was forced to call them again. This simple explanation was, "sorry, please keep waiting for them to call you." Regardless though, the representative assured me that they will not do anything to help replace my brand new dryer, only the washer which from what I hear can take a substantial amount of time. I have to pay out-of-pocket over $800 to buy a new washer, then send in proof of the purchase and they can reimburse me within 8 weeks.

I told them that not everyone can just dish out $800 on the drop of a hat to which the representative stated that I needed to "save up money then" in order to get it done before the recall expires. HORRIBLE customer service. I will never buy another Samsung product again. I was literally about to go and buy the newer 65 inch Samsung SUHD TV, but now I am going to go with LG instead just on principle.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

In December 2016 I phoned Samsung for the recall on my washing machine which by the way was working fine. A DISH Cable guy comes out to do the recall on 1/3/2017. He was here 2 minutes. I went to use my washing machine and the machine would not drain or spin. It has been a NIGHTMARE!!! This is 1/25/2017 and my machine is still not working. I have not washed in almost a month. I probably talked to 20 or more different people over the last 3 weeks in Executive Customer relations, Escalation department, faxed my original receipt of purchase from Lowe's to Samsung etc. I was told they would give me a rebate of some kind. What I've gone through wasn't worth it. The repair guy came out 3 different times changed drain pump, mother board, dampers etc. My machine does not spin the clothes dry. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Samsung.

Samsung gave me no choice after 3 weeks of no clean clothes. Last Friday I went to Lowe's and bought a washing machine to be delivered on Friday 1/27. I was told on Monday 1/3 that Samsung would send a REAL SAMSUNG repair person to come out by Thursday to check the Samsung washing machine due it not being repairable. Samsung phones me today and gives me the new repair company phone # which is 3 hours away from where I live and they can't come out for another 10-12 days. I phone Samsung back and explained they basically said it's not Samsung's problem.

Is that just and acceptable for me to wait another 10-12 days for a tech to come out for what I've been through already when I find out that the Cable guy pulled out some wires which initially broke the machine? I don't think so. I bought a new machine is that not saying, my old machine is not working and Samsung can't fix it when they broke it... In 2 days I will be back to washing again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I bought my Samsung top load washer 1/5/13, worked good for about 2 yrs. Then came the problems, error codes kept coming, and then one day doing bedding, I thought the washer was coming through the wall, ran in and shut it off before it did but it dumped about 15 gallons of water on the floor flooding two bedrooms. I called Samsung 11/20/16 and they took all my info and said they would send me a check to cover the cost of a new washer. It's now 1/25/17 haven't seen a thing in the mail, this company doesn't care about the consumer at all!!! Let's take them to the cleaners! Class action!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Like so many here, we bought a Samsung washing machine in the last year. We had problems with the loads becoming off balance, so when the recall notice came out we responded. The offer of a recall would have left us needing to pay $300 out of pocket to replace the unit, and since this was just a year old we didn't want to pay even more money, so we signed up for the "repair". It's NOT a repair! They send a sticker and tell you to wash your sheets on delicate. They still get off balance, but at least the machine shouldn't fall apart. Someone came out to do the "repair", which was just to add brackets to the top of the machine. We still have to wash on delicate! It still got off balance! But at least the top wasn't supposed to fly off.

About 2 days later the machine stopped working. It would stop at the start, in the middle, or at the end of a cycle, sometimes displaying a PE error code. It got worse and worse until finally it just quit working. Called Samsung, they gave me a huge runaround about not being in warranty. I provided the original sales receipt, PLUS the email from them showing that we had an additional 1 year extension because of the recall. That took several phone calls with hours on hold. Then it took a week to find a service center. I kept calling. They finally said there's no one in my area that can repair it. We could get a refund or a replacement. We had to wait for someone to call. I kept calling.

TEN DAYS later still couldn't reach anyone. They kept telling me it was in process. I finally got through to someone today, who said it would be another 5 days before someone contacted me. We are now 2 weeks without a machine. I demanded to speak to someone. They promised a return call in an hour. I called them after 2 hours. They gave another 200 excuses and lies---no sign of receipt, not in warranty, they already emailed me, it's not possible to blah blah blah. Then they said it would be another 7 business days before someone would contact me for a replacement.

At that point I realized that I would be an idiot to get another Samsung washing machine and asked for the refund. They said it would be another 7 business days for someone to contact me about a refund. They just lie and lie and lie. They are cheats and thieves preying on people who don't have the money to buy a new machine, or the time to call and argue with them. They sell bad products with no service support and no intention of standing behind them. DO NOT BUY ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My Samsung washing machine broke after a year and a half. The different cycles never worked properly. It was loud and ended up breaking apart. The rebate program is garbage. For a 500$ washing machine that split in half they offered me 40$. If I purchased another samsung they would give me $140. I would never purchase another piece of crap washing machine from samsung after it broke in half. I called the rebate line and they did not care. For 500$ piece of garbage I get $40 back on the recall. I had a mechanic give me an estimate to fix it and it would be $300 to fix. I get 40$ back on a rebate. Never buy samsung. It's a garbage producing company.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Purchased my washer about 1 month before recall. Checked online immediately to see if our machine was involved in the recall, it was. Immediately contacted Samsung and Lowes and purchased a new washer on 12/7/2016 and filled out all the paperwork. I had to contact Samsung twice by phone and internet to get the paperwork. Received confirmation from the Post Office that Samsung received my request for a refund on 12/15/2016. No refund as of today (1/24/2017) despite assurances on the phone I would have it in 4-6 weeks. I have had to make 2 payments on my charge card to cover this. Terrible customer service from this company. I should not have to be out of pocket for their manufacturing error!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I had to replace my recalled Samsung washer as it was on the recall list. Samsung indicated in black and white that if you decide to purchase a non-Samsung washer, the rebate would be $272, however, if you purchase another Samsung washer, the rebate would be $372. I hesitated to buy another Samsung washer but $272 is not enough to purchase a decent washer of any kind. So, I purchased another Samsung washer, same model that was on recall list. I filled out paperwork, registered my new washer on Samsung website and sent my proof to Samsung. I received my rebate expecting $372 but was shock to see the check only amounted to $341. Naturally I contacted customer service who indicated "tax" was not going to be paid. Samsung promised $372 regardless of what the washer cost. I am highly annoyed.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I paid $2000 for a front loader washer dryer because I was told it will look after my clothes and you pay for quality. Far from it. This has to be the worst, loudest, most repaired appliance Ive owned. The machines bounces across the floor on spin cycle. You cant hear the stereo going through the other room. They tried telling me its my floor, I said funny my other cheap machine was on the same floor and no problem. The dryer unit has failed twice! Like my cheap and nasty Samsung S6 edge which is slow. Dont buy Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I purchased a top load washer a year prior to the rebate. I bought a new washer and sent everything in as soon as there was a recall. It has now been three months and I have not received my rebate. When I called they were very rude and said it would be 6-8 weeks when it was processed and to try back in 2 weeks. I am a teacher and by no means just have $500+ extra dollars to front for many months. There is no way I would have done the recall if I would have known it was going to take well over the 6-8 weeks. I am STILL waiting on my rebate. I hope there is some sort of action taken against them. I will never buy from Samsung again. It's one thing to be mislead, and a whole other thing to be treated so poorly!

Resolution response: Feb. 25, 2017

After I called Samsung rep several times, I was told that my case is upgraded to the upper level and was given a case number. After I mailed rebate form and all related documents and pictures, I received the check of $545 2 days ago. I was pleasantly surprised. Although I spent quite some time talking on the phone, the result is OK. To avoid my trouble, please remember to peel off the 2 labels from your old machine before it was hauled away.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I purchased my old washer in 2016. My rebate will be $545 so I opted to exchange for a new same model top load washer. I bought at Home Depot and the delivery company came 2 days ago to deliver the new washer and haul away the old washer. I started to prepare the rebate form and was surprised to find that I need to peel off 2 labels from the old washer to attach to the rebate form. I contacted Samsung and the delivery company early today. I was told by the delivery company that the washer has been disposed already (hard to believe) and they can't provide dispose form with model and serial number. I happen to have the picture of the 2 labels from my old washer. But the Samsung rep told me that the pictures must contain the whole washer, can't be just the labels. What a rip-off!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

As an unfortunate consumer who purchased a top-loading washer on the recall list, the run-around that I have been receiving since 11/2016 is borderline criminal. After the machine "walked" across my floor while spinning and destroyed 2 doors, the company promised to fix and reimburse for the doors. 3 missed appointments later, a satellite dish installer appears to put the piece in place. He broke the machine and I contacted Samsung who promised to have a technician repair.

Now, I receive DAILY calls from Samsung, kept on hold for a minimum of 15 minutes and then told that they want to schedule to put on the part (??) or I can get a rebate (?). When I recite the email sent from them where they promised to repair, they state they are going to "escalate my call" and I will receive another call within 24-48 hours and then... it starts all over again! PLEASE INTERVENE - Samsung is ripping off consumers with this promise to repair on the recalled machines.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Washer had to be repaired 6 months after I purchased it. A couple months ago came out to put a 2 min bracket on to keep it from tipping over. Never said anything about the rusted out bleach dispenser. I truly want my money back. No more repairs, no more lies, no more being rude about it. Just give my money back so I can buy me a washer machine please.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Even though we had a 5 year warranty, and it had to be serviced 5 times in 4 years, they only offered us $40 to return it. Our machine shook so much that we had to stop it so many times per load, and only wash on gentle. They knew about the problem for years, yet waiting until people were seriously injured before issuing the recall. DO NOT BUY ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS. YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DO.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

In July 2015 I purchased the Samsung washer WA400PJHDWR/AA and matching dryer from Brandsmart USA. The dryer is great. The washer is the worst I have ever owned. The one I replaced, which was a Whirlpool, was about 27 years old and worked better than this. It has all the bells and whistles, it just does not clean well. I use so much stain remover product, use the heavy stain option, which is a 2 hr cycle, and the clothes still have stains on them. After the 2nd or 3rd wash, the stains might come out, but not always. I know I should have reported this within the year, but I figured it was something I was doing wrong. I have tried more detergent, less detergent, presoak and every stain remover known to man. It is just a lousy machine. Has anyone else had this problem. If I could afford a new washer, this would be put out with the trash. Very disappointing for such a good brand.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

If there was a place to note no stars, you, Samsung would have it from me. After purchasing a washer and dryer from Samsung we were promised we had just purchased two fine products. And with the Washer and Dryer being energy efficient they would pay for their self in no time. Not true. For me, at least, they have used more water, more electricity, more service calls, more detergent, more fabric softener, more time, more money and more tears. Resulting in a flat out lie from Samsung that they are energy efficient. Possibly a mass lawsuit should follow for those of us who purchased these poor excuse for washers. After all it should be reason enough, and this was one of the main reasons for purchasing the washer & dryer. I only have one reason that I do not care for the dryer. It is made of aluminum foil. It dries ok most of the time.

Once I dropped a sock behind it and leaned over the dryer to pick up the sock, I got more than the sock, I came up with a huge dent in the top of the dryer. I have since received several other dents. At least the dents match. Yes I leaned on it a little, but come on. Ok, it seems I have gotten off the subject in hand here. After all I am talking about the Junky Washers from Samsung and not their junky child made Dryers. After all this misrepresentation they have the balls to put us between a rock and a hard place. This is for those of us that have the washer on recall. Why you ask, is because they offer us very little back in the recall. Not near enough to purchase another machine just like we thought we had bought. OR they say we can stay with the washer and receive another year warranty.

The warranty will definitely be needed if you keep the washer, but not nearly enough for the repairs you will be needing if you need to keep the washer for any length of time. And be prepared, if your experience is anything like mine, you will have to call over and over about the same problem. This my friend gets old fast. In short, if you don't have a Samsung, stay away. I for one will. After all, nobody needs an extra thorn in their side. What would I like to see, I would like to see Samsung do the right thing. Samsung, this ballgame you play has reached the ninth inning. You are up to bat. Let's see if you score... Signed - Suckered by Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I received the recall on my Samsung washer. We decided we will just buy a new one. We chose another Samsung washer. We purchased it right after we were alerted about the recall, had it delivered the same week and sent the rebate out all the same week. 8 weeks later Samsung claims they haven't received my rebate. I'm still waiting for someone to contact me but I think my best option is to join the class action lawsuit. I will never purchase another Samsung product again. The rebates are scams! They claim they will give you an extra amount if you purchase another Samsung but yet they "NEVER RECEIVED" your rebate after you come out of pocket even more money to only get screwed in the end.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Re: Brand new dryer DV42H5200EW/A high pitch squealing sound [new]. Who on this board has had any luck with customer service. This started December 29, 2016. They told me to put less clothes in the dryer. When the noise got worse I called them the first week in January. They were going to send a repairperson. I needed to email my receipt. They said it was out of warranty. When I told them I called before it was out of warranty they said it was in warranty. They first told me they were going to fix it. Someone called me while I was in court on a Friday Jan. 6 to set up a repair. But first I would have to have a professional installer come out and dismantle it because it was stuck. I told them I couldn't get that done because I was in court and would have to call them back. They said call back Monday Jan, 9. I did and they said they cancelled the ticket because it was over 3 days old.

Jan, 9 I called Samsung back and told them to get someone else to repair it. They gave me another number to call and set up the repair. These people were in Utah. I am in Georgia. They said they couldn't repair it because it was out of warranty. Many calls back to Samsung, again sending receipt, and Samsung said January 11 that they would refund or replace but I had to send the receipt again. I sent it and Jan 12 they said they would refund me the money. I called again yesterday, Jan. 16 and spoke to the ECR (Executive Customer Relations) and they said they would call me back. I called support today and they said another 24-48 hours. The girl got snooty and said they don't have to call back for five days. Every time I talk to them it is another 24-48 hours before they will get back to me.

In the meantime I had someone come out and unstuck the washer and dryer and they are now sitting out in the middle of the hall. FINALLY GOT A CALL FROM ECR. THEY ASKED ME SEND MY RECEIPT. THIS IS THE 5TH TIME I HAVE SENT IT. I want a refund for both the washer & dryer and to get a different brand. I am an attorney and I am considering associating class action law firm.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Our washer was working, but after hearing of the recall, we opted to have the washer fixed. Our washer was only 4 yrs old but Samsung would only give us $195 towards a new machine. They contracted with Dish TV for the repairs. Should have been a clue. After the repair, we did laundry on 3 different days. The 3rd load on the 3rd day, the machine malfunctioned and flooded the ceiling in our basement. Water and soap poured out of the light fixtures, and dripped through every seam in the Sheetrock. They won't return our calls. We keep being told someone will call us between 24 and 48 hrs and they never do. With all of their recalls and their refusal to take care of issues, how can they still have an A+ rating? They should be an F!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Samsung WF337AAG washer - Had this washer for around 6 years, and last week, it decided to autodestruct! The counter balance weights broke and destroyed the plastic around the drum that keeps the water in, so it emptied itself on the floor causing over 20,000$ of damage to my home. When I called Samsung to explain what had happened, they told me they wouldn't do anything for me since it is not under warranty anymore, not even send a tech to look at it... Great customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My Samsung top loader washer was recalled due to the fact the top lids were popping off during spin cycles. Dangerous for sure, BUT I'm very unhappy with the customer solution to this problem! They offered someone to come out and make sure it was secure and do a few things OR a rebate of about 400.00 BUT you must purchase another washer, which mine was $999.99 and 2 years old. So I would have to add another $600.00 to replace this washer after 2 years and only get 400 bucks for it! That is really insulting if you ask me, So decided to keep my old one and have a technician out to fix it to make it safe.

So let me tell you how that went, HORRIBLE. Can you believe they contracted this job out with a DISH network cable guy?! He came 4 hours late and then stuck some stickers on my old stickers to change some settings that we push. What he did with the lid I have NO clue. I don't think anything. WORST thing was he never secured my hoses, when finished they were tied down and secured so when the water drains into the slop sinks. So needless to say, once the washer drained I had a basement floor full of water and everything on the floor soaked! 72 hours later, still waiting for a call back from Samsung to let them know the CABLE guy didn't fix it! I will NEVER buy anything Samsung. So sad, my beautiful washer a piece of junk!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I am currently not very happy about the way Samsung has handled the washer rebates. First of all, you have to pay out of your own pocket for the new washer until the rebate arrives. So needless to say I am paying for 2 washers on my charge account. My main complaint about Samsung is the people they have answering the incoming rebate phone calls. Not trained very well.

I called them before I even went and made another washer purchase. I was looking into replacing my original top loader and getting the front loader, so I called to see if the rebate would pay for the pedestal. The person that answered the phone put me on hold, got back on the phone and said that Samsung would cover it as long as the total amount did not go over the rebate amount. So, I made the purchase. The amount was less than the allowed rebate so I figured I was in good shape. When I finally got my rebate check, they only paid for the washer. So I am out $200. Plus $54.00 sales tax. I called to complain, but they said there's nothing they can do. I even received a call from their customer service dept. head who apologized for the incident. If they would of just come right out and told me that the pedestal was not covered, I could of purchased a more expensive washer. I was really cheated on this deal!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I recently received a recall packet in the mail and have been offered 3 options to remedy this, but knew better than to answer back immediately. My washer, knocks around violently to the point where I have to lean on it to finish a load, and it still doesn't work. It stays in UE constantly running my water. Recently while washing bedding, the washer knocked itself so hard a hose came off and water was everywhere. It ruined my laminate wood floor, and we live in a rental property, but paid for the floor. We had to take it up because the water completely ran through my kitchen. Now I'm considering if I need to also join a class action suit. ** if anyone has any idea how to do this! In the meantime I'm stuck because a replacement is not affordable even with the rebate, and I'm leery of repairs after reading the complaints on here. TIA.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I bought what I thought was top of the line washer and I found out on TV that the washer could explode and hurt someone. It has already caused injuries to several people. I was not notified of the problem. I had to find out on the news. I am not happy. I have had the so called repair and I am still not happy about this. Now am told that I can no longer wash bedding unless it is on the delicate system and of course it does not do the job. I am also not happy that the darn washer is rusting to pieces. It has rusted around the dispenser where the bleach goes in and has also rusted under the lid where the softener and detergent dispenser is located. It does not clean the clothes and I paid a lot of money for this crappy washer. Will not consider another Samsung.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I purchased the washer that the lid flies off and practically decapitates people; you should see what you have to go through to get compensation for that! Had the Samsung dryer as well, Model #DV45H7000EW/A2, Serial #0AHA5BBH701266R, purchased the dryer less than 6 months ago, it started making a terrible noise that was so LOUD!! Called on a Wednesday, the girl on the phone had my husband on the phone for 90 minutes, and said a technician would be calling us within 48 hours, that never happened. I called back the following Wednesday to find out what was going on, and they didn't know anything about it!! The first girl I spoke with was so dumb, sorry to say that, but it's true, she could barely type in our name, so asked to talk with a supervisor, that took forever.

Finally when the supervisor got on the phone, her English was so poor we could barely communicate with each other. That call took all morning. Then finally they gave me a technician's name and number, which I had to call. The technician did a good job, so thankful for that. Then, a few minutes ago I received a phone call from Samsung, asking me to rate my experience, which I gave the technician a good rating but the others a low score, and the young man on the phone hung up on me even though I was just explaining to him my experience. Never use this company. It feels likes it's being run by a 9 year old, and I feel bad putting down 9 year olds with that comment. Scumbags!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I bought my Samsung washer in June from Sears. I started this process in early November as soon as I was notified of the recall. After repeated attempts to get my washer repaired, I have given up. They schedule appointments and don't keep them. When I call and complain, they say they can reschedule but then there aren't any appointments available! Then they say someone will call back but that never happens either! The other issue is you choose to have the washer replaced, you have to buy one of theirs to get the best rebate AND you have to buy the new washer first and mail the receipt in for a rebate that takes weeks and weeks to get. I don't want another Samsung washer, but I'll only get 400 bucks back towards a new one which means I'll be out 200 bucks for a washer I've had for a few months that doesn't get my clothes clean to begin with. Not right or fair. Never again will I buy a Samsung product. Can you help?

Samsung Washers Company Information