2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I bought Samsung refrigerator, just one year, and then it started making loud sound and now it stopped cooling. Warranty is expired and now the customer service said I have to pay myself for the repair and they can send a technician. I have known and read some reviews that they are a problem which never goes away. There is no thing as user manual to fix this. I am doomed. Do not buy Samsung refrigerator. They have manufacturing and design defects and they have not recalled. So think before you buy. Please do research. And learn from my experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Worked fine until year 6. Then fan noise and icing. This is the third time, second time in 3 months. I have turned off the water pipe for the past month. Today I'm following YouTube info but getting stuck on the removal of the lower evaporator cover in the icebox drawer. To do a repair by the way you need Philips Screwdriver and a 10 mm socket wrench (for drawer bolts, could just use a shifting spanner). I'll update later with some images...

Original review: July 29, 2020

We have had this fridge for less than 3 years, as early as 6 months from when we bought it the ice maker would stop working and the fan would get loud, after having a service tech out he said it was a common issue with these as they constantly do this, so I went on line and found numerous people with the french door and ice maker combo have the same issue--Seems like a design flaw, but Samsung doesnt seem to do anything about it. So usually once every 6-8 months I would have to dump the entire fridge/freezer (we keep an old fridge in the basement essentially to allow for this) and unplug the fridge and allow it to thaw out overnight, then I remove the back panel of the fridge (inside) and thaw the cooling unit out with a hair dryer, re-assemble it and we are good to go.

The last year we seem to be needing to do this every 2-3 months, I had to do it tonight after 5 weeks--This is ridiculous. My wife said, "Wow you are getting really fast at taking this apart and thawing out the cooling unit"--While this was meant as a compliment, it's kind of crazy that I need to become "fast or good" at thawing out the fridge--The one in the basement that's 15 years old I never have to touch--The thing is we own a Kitchen cabinet business and we always have to recommend appliances to clients, guess what we DO NOT recommend to them, 1) samsung appliances in general (just replaces 4 year old samsung washer/dryer set) (2) fridges with ice makers. So please do your self a favour and do not buy this fridge. Samsung needs to stop making the RF25HMEDBSR OR ANY UNIT SIMILAR AS IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I purchased a French Door Samsung refrigerator almost a year ago.. At six months I had the ice maker replaced. Now it is not working again! They told me to get it repaired and they will reimburse me?!

Original review: July 29, 2020

They were on the news today about the ice markers and they said to call and they’d help with issues. They lied and told me they have no recalls on them and just pretty much said to kick rocks. Stay away.

Original review: July 25, 2020

We bought this refrigerator for our new home. Literally 7 weeks after we started using it stopping cooling, both fridge and freezer. The repair company Samsung sent us postponed our appt or sometimes didn’t even show up for 10 days. They finally came with a part they thought was the problem and wasn’t able to fix. 3 days later after 6 calls to Samsung and 4 to repair service company nothing is being done or ordered bc the repair person didn’t do a report after the service call and the so called company Lakes Electronics In Pompano Beach, FL is not available to answer anytime. Samsung is saying there’s nothing they can do?! Worst service ever. Never thought that our expensive refrigerator would not last even 2 months.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Keeps freezing up; not cooling enough in freezer to freeze water. Had repairman come out & was told to unplug it for 2 days so the line can defrost. In the meantime, I lost all my food. Do not buy this product. This is the second time this happened. Refrigerator is unreliable & defective.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I bought a brand new side by side Samsung refrigerator from Home Depot 6 years ago and I have had 8 repairmen out here. This is the worst refrigerator I have ever had and I tell all my friends, relatives and neighbors do not buy this brand. I have a home warranty and they can't even figure it out. Right now I cannot get water to work so now won't make ice. Never ever ever buy a Samsung refrigerator, please.

Original review: July 22, 2020

New kitchen engineered professionally. Sent model and serial # to Kitchen contractor. Built the shell for fridge to Samsung's specs. Refrigerator door would not open to access crisper. SAMSUNG HAD NO RESPONSE! Contractor wants $1500 to reconfigure cabinet? Samsung says SORRY. Fridge won't make ice. Samsung said "no repairman in the area". So one year warranty no good if Samsung doesn't have repairman in your area??? NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I bought a refrigerator three months ago. I never received it. They been promising a refund for two months now and I did not receive anything. Every time I call it’s a new story. So sad a big corporation like this makes people run for their money. Will never buy anything from Samsung again ever????

Original review: July 21, 2020

Problem with ice and water in the pan below the drawer or inside the drawers. The drain tube needs to be defrosted and the appliance repairman knew that on the phone as soon as I said "Samsung". You will either have to pay an appliance repair man to come out or learn to do it yourself, (pain in the rear but video is on Youtube), and you will have to do it every now and then because it's a chronic problem that Samsung has never fixed. Will NEVER buy a Samsung again.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Bought Samsung side by side refrigerator, dishwasher, and range. Ice maker overfills and drops the cubes frozen into one slab. Causes sugar to jam and busts ice bin. Replaced 3 times while still under warranty. Requested Samsung send a tech to fix problem but was told they could not do that, best they could do was mail an ice bin. Fan started making noise that got louder & louder. Eventually realized ice was building up behind the wall. I was still denied service. Have to manually defrost every few months! Now out of warranty and bin busted again. Not paying $160 for a bin that will just bust. Have a plastic box to catch the ice and don't use the dispenser. Dishwasher is also a piece of junk! Doesn't drain properly and smells awful! Stove is the only thing that hasn't given problems yet!

Original review: July 18, 2020

Don’t buy the 4 door flex. Purchased 2 years ago. Paid more than we have ever paid for a Refrigerator. I was so excited because I wanted an all Refrigerator but wanted a door ice and water dispenser. This was perfect. All was great the first year, then the ice maker quit working. It was extremely difficult to open and when we did it was jammed with ice cubes and ice on the side and frozen ice on the bottom. Had to use a ice pick and hot water to clear it out. When we looked online we found many complaints regarding the same issue. Now EVERY 2 weeks it freezes up. It takes 18 hours to get ice again after I spend 30 minutes clearing and cleaning it out. The amount of ice it produces is very small. I regret this purchase. Don’t buy it unless you don’t need ice.

Original review: July 17, 2020

We bought this Samsung RF2HTED counter-depth refrigerator about 2 years ago from Lowe's and initially were very satisfied with the features. Within a few weeks, however, the icemaker stopped dispensing ice. Tried all the troubleshooting steps in the manual, still no ice. I then removed the front of the icemaker (no small feat, see comments further on). The side of the icemaker was completely packed up with a large glob of ice. I defrosted this with a hairdryer and the icemaker again worked. Two weeks later, same problem, and get out the hairdryer. Every two weeks the icemaker packs up and has to be defrosted.

We were in Lowe's for a different matter but stopped by the appliance department and engaged the person who sold us the refrigerator on the issue with our Samsung. He said this was a common complaint with Samsungs in general and that Samsung had been working on a solution for a while. Seems the icemaking unit is poorly insulated from the refrigerator section in which it's located, so humidity seeps in and causes the icemaker to freeze up. To date, according to the salesman, Samsung has yet to come up with a solution (another issue - if Lowe's knew this to be the case, why did they not advise potential purchasers of this problem?).

In addition to the freezing up issue, the front of the icemaker unit is almost impossible to remove, even using the removal method stated in the manual. The icemaker issue makes this refrigerator next to worthless, and since to my knowledge Samsung has yet to correct the problem, it's a question of poor engineering foisted on an unsuspecting public. This refrigerator is a poorly designed piece of junk and so best avoided. Based on my experience with this product, I would never even consider buying another Samsung refrigerator.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Bought a Samsung 4 door French model # RF28HMEDBWW/AA 28 cu ft refrigerator on 11/21/2016 @ JC Penney. The ice maker continually freezes up and partially defrost causing a drip and puddles in the middle door tray and floor. We have had to defrost the ice maker 11 times so far when the issues started last fall and have become really irritating. Not sure if it's even worth calling Samsung. I can see why so many jumped on the bandwagon/class action lawsuit. Really disappointing to say the least.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I own a Samsung black stainless steel refrigerator. The ice maker stopped working a few months later. Never made a big deal about it but after calling Samsung they wanted to charge me for a tech to take a look. I did buy the extended warranty. Samsung has a class action lawsuit against them for this problem. They never made the American public aware of this problem. They insist there is no recall but acknowledge via bulletins there is a problem. I asked both chat technician and customer support why are we not being told and asked to speak to someone who could answer me. I was told no one could call me by Kit the chat tech and customer support hung up on me.

I own about 12 different Samsung appliances. Disgusting how they take our money and then turn their backs. I am a hard working American citizen and I refuse to put another dime in Samsung's pocket. Their employees take joy on seeing fellow Americans used and I would never recommend buying Samsung again. I wasted 4 plus hours to be lied to then to be hung up on. I would recommend never to buy Samsung and I will make it my duty to rid my house of all Samsung products. This company is all about defrauding hard working Americans.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I have called numerous times, and they keep saying to go back to the company I purchased it thru. The 10 yr warranty is useless! It takes about 2hrs to get a live person on the line. They are rude, and they usually can't help and you are passed around till someone says they Can't do anything for me!

Original review: July 12, 2020

Please do your own research before buying a new refrigerator. I thought I did. I purchase a Samsung French door fridge in November of 2016. Little did I know that all Samsung French door fridges have a design defect, - ice maker freezes over, stops making ice, leaks, and, sometimes, as in my case, freezes shut so the tray cannot be gotten out. Takes an hour with a hand held steamer to thaw it. Thousands upon thousand of unlucky people have been dealing with this for the last fifteen years. My experience with Samsung customer service has been terrible. This is not what one would expect from a consumer appliance manufacturer.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Bought a Samsung refrigerator last November. It crapped out on us three times. It stopped cooling and freezing but sounded like it was working, light and compartment temperatures showing. Got an exchange week ago and it is doing the same thing. Service looked at the old unit twice and said there was nothing they could do. Samsung may make good TV’s but their appliances are POS. DO NOT BUY. Nothing but trouble.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Ice continually forms around the cooling fan which results in the fan hitting the ice making a loud noise and then the fan freezing up completely. I have had to replace the fan twice and remove the fan access door and de-ice the fan four times. There are videos on YouTube that show how to fix this issue due to the number of times this happens with this happens. Neighbor has the same refrigerator and has the exact same problem. Has all the bells and whistles and looks nice, only problem is the cooling function, the entire purpose for a refrigerator, works intermittently.

Original review: July 8, 2020

So, I purchase my house in May with all new appliances. I notice from the get-go that the refrig. didn't seem to cool enough for my taste. I thought it was just me, but by the end of May I was already having more issues with the refrigerator. The fan was making a horrible sound. By the time the tech showed up which was over a week later. The fan had stopped working and I had to get rid of all the food. He replaced the sensor and water line. It has now been a week since then and my fan is starting to make the sound again. I called the tech because his phone number was on the receipt he left me. He told me that I had to go back to Samsung and start the process all over. So, that means all my food will spoil again! Do not buy this refrigerator!

Original review: July 6, 2020

First the ice maker quit..Now it is continuously freezing up to the point where the freezer quits working as well..We have lost about $1,500.00 in food.. Spoke directly to Samsung and their response was to just unplug it regularly... Had a repair man out that took the panels out and physically defrosted both compartments..another $700.00..Now I have had to unplug it at least once a week..THIS IS INSANE...Not enough time to get into the stove and dishwasher..Stay away from this manufacturer...

Original review: July 3, 2020

I purchased a refrigerator for my daughter's first home. A little pricey, but due to the Samsung name, I made the investment. 2 weeks after it was received, it was no longer cooling or freezing. There was over $300 in groceries that went to waste, and it took us 3 days just to get someone on the phone to schedule a service call. When someone came out to service, they said there is a new cooling system in the refrigerator and no one at their company is trained to fix it. After contacting Samsung again, they stated there is, in fact, no one in the entire geographic area who can fix it. After 2 hours on hold, they agreed to exchange, which they state is a "process," and that process will take up to 5 business days.

Then, we have to wait on shipment and set up. So, they have nearly $2000 for a refrigerator that has sat idle more than it has worked, and we are out an additional $300 in food. When I asked for a more immediate resolution- like a refund- I was told they could not resolve the issue today due to their "process." I requested to speak with someone who COULD resolve my issue today and waited on hold another 1/2 hour. I was told the manager would call me back within 24 hours. I doubt it.... Moving on to the AG and BBB.

Original review: July 2, 2020

We bought a Samsung refrigerator, delivered in 01/2015. The refrigerator is just out of warranty in 6/2020 and the ice maker stopped working properly several months ago. It never put out much ice to begin with. We had to de-ice the fridge and reset it several times because it stopped making ice. It also started leaking from behind the water/ice dispenser and down it. We had to keep a towel on the drip tray to keep the water from trickling down the fridge. Samsung refused to cover the repair because it was just out of warranty.

The service repair shop referred to us by Samsung, charged $320 total for the ice maker part that costs $110 with shipping on Samsung's site. The repair man would give us a window of time and then not call us back. I had to reach out to him every time and 1/2 the total payment was required upfront. Another friend of ours has the same fridge and purchased it right before we got ours and their motor went out a year after owning it. My brother and his wife purchased their GE fridge at the same time we bought ours and they haven't had one issue. We won't purchase Samsung appliances again.

Original review: July 1, 2020

We have had a Samsung refrigerator with French doors and all the bells and whistles for 4 years. During that time we have had 3 major issues, first with a lead into the bottom of the refrigerator and now the ice compartment freezes up and has to be unfrozen with a hair dryers, AND, worse, the fan motor freezes up and the refrigerator makes a horrible unbearably sound until I thaw out the ice in the back of the refrigerator again with a hair dryer. Only then does it decide whether or not the refrigerator part will keep cooling--usually it takes a few hours.

We have had it with Samsung. Each time we called Samsung and it took a week for them even to call back, and then to tell us they didn't have a service person in our area. We are getting rid of this refrigerator. We had it for four years at our second home, so that we only used it 6 months each year. We did not get the extended warranty because we were warned by locals that we would have to wait weeks for service by Samsung even with a warranty. Looks like they were right. If you look online, you'll see many consumers have had the same problems.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Updated on 09/25/2020: Horrible, horrible product. After 2 replacement units, it is still not working properly. More freezer frost than a 1949 Admiral freezer. Not frost-free! I give up!! No more Samsung for me!! Beware! Beware!

Original Review: Samsung Refrigerator Freezer Purchase. Location: Home Depot, 7740 Craft Goodman Rd, Olive Branch, MS 38654. Date/Time: 02/24/2020, 1:36 PM. Installation: 02/29/2020. 03/01/2020 - Unit will not cool or make Ice. 03/02/2020 - Called Samsung Customer Service to report problems. Repair Technician scheduled by Samsung. Technician performed repairs. 03/06/2020 - Called Samsung support again to report that unit stopped working again. They confirmed that technician reported that unit (RF260BEAESR/AA, Serial no. JKKM4BBMB00362) could not be repaired. My call was transferred to Samsung Business Center 855-681-6917 who ordered a replacement unit to be delivered 03/12/2020 at 9:15 AM. Technicians delivered replacement unit and picked up the original refrigerator. (Confirmation # **.) Replacement Unit is: Model No. RF260BEAESR/AA, SERIAL NO. JKKM4BBN200768Z.

06/28/2020 - Ice Maker quit working. No ice. 06/29/2020 - Called Samsung Support to report that the ice maker is not working. Support person walked me through all troubleshooting protocols including unplugging the unit and pushing the rest button. Support then informed me to wait overnight to see if ice appeared and they ended the call. 06/30/2020 - Called Samsung Support at 10:30 AM to report that the ice maker is still not working. Placed on 14 minute call back hold. No ice after 14 hours! Support transferred me to a “higher” department and placed me on hold for 27 minutes (per my phone timer) until Samsung dropped the call. I called support again and had to wait in the phone tree for 18 more minutes for a call back. Christina, Samsung has prepared a repair service order, #**.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Samsung refrigerator - Icemaker has frozen shut more than once. Samsung customer service says - must de-frost but no defrost or off switch. Terrible engineering. Empty refrigerator and freezer. Pull refrigerator from wall and pull plug - too heavy. Turn off circuit breaker for part of kitchen. NEVER AGAIN. Also defective Samsung printer. All poor engineering - poor quality.

Original review: June 27, 2020

We purchased a Samsung Kitchen Suite of appliances and we could not be more disappointed in the purchase. The dishwasher smells rancid even after they came back and "fixed" it, it is starting to rust despite being "Stainless Steel", The range turns off every so often for no apparent reason and now the ice maker for our refrigerator has stopped working. Samsung support is terrible. The appliances are less than 1 year old. I will never purchase another Samsung appliance ever again. They are poor quality and have given us nothing but problems.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator 4 years ago. The Ice maker has never worked correctly but we have lived with that. Last week the refrigerator quit working. I called their technical support line and talked to a lady who had me run through several steps to try and correct the problem. The number 84 and letter C came up on the panel and she immediately told me the compressor was bad. She said it is under warranty and I will contact one of our service centers who will get in contact with you to set up a appointment. It was a Saturday and she said it would be Monday before she could reach them.

The service center did call me and the quickest they could come was 4 days later. We were having to throw food away because it was spoiling. We were having to eat out because we couldn't store food. I went and bought a big ice chest so we could keep lunch meats to make sandwiches. I had to buy ice every day to keep things cold. Finally after 6 days without a refrigerator the service tech came out. He had me turn on the unit and said yes it is the compressor and he would have to order one. I asked him why he had not ordered one when Samsung notified his company of the problem. He said Samsung would not let his company do that. He had to verify the problem report it back to Samsung and then he could order one. I asked him how long that was going to take. He said since it was Thursday his company would not receive it until the following week.

He said once they got it they would set up a appointment with me. I called Samsung because I didn't believe they would send a tech out without the parts to verify what the computer on the refrigerator was telling them. They told me that was correct. I said I wanted the parts shipped overnight so I was not having to wait another week without a refrigerator. They said that is impossible so I asked to talk to a supervisor. I talked to Eric, then Joshue, then Sagurnino, and finally Ramon. Each one said it was impossible to ship overnight as that was a different department and they didn't have a way to contact them. I told them it was a poor way to run a company and they agreed but said their was nothing they could do.

Why would a company spend all the money they do on research and development and then not put any faith in their equipment? And why have a technical support team that can't think outside the box to help a customer with a serious problem. As of this writing I am going through another weekend without a refrigerator. I will never buy another Samsung product but I am sure they don't care because they don't care about their customers.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Four years ago I purchased a Samsung Counter Depth Refrigerator. Last year the refrigerator quit, the repairman said the entire back was frozen. We surmised it was due to the ice maker being housed in the refrigerator (not the freezer), we defrosted it and I quit using the ice maker and turned it off. We use a countertop ice maker now. But lo and behold, it has done it again. This time I contacted Samsung who referred me to an authorized Repair person who ordered the parts to repair the refrigerator. It’s been a month now and I AM STILL WAITING!!!

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information