Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: May 28, 2017

So sad. Built a beautiful home almost 2 years ago (June 2015). Was so excited to have a nice kitchen. We decided on a Samsung suite for the kitchen. The problems started with our dishwasher. Didn't clean the dishes and smelled of garbage every time you opened it. Had numerous tech calls to "fix" never was. My last straw was when they didn't show up for another appointment after taking an afternoon off from work. We replaced it with a Bosch after only 8 months. My microwave doesn't turn. It used to but we discovered (after warranty was up) that the plate feet were too big for the part on bottom of microwave to turn it. So the refrigerator. Small issue but the bottom deli tray cover comes off every single time you open the drawer. It is too small for the drawer.

Called Samsung and they sent us another one. Same issue. Go into Best Buy and look at the floor model and it works and fits perfectly. Not sure why ours does that. Last month noticed that the same drawer was stuck. Pulled it out and there is a buildup of ice on bottom. Cleaned it all up and has happened again. I am sitting here with two coolers, a dorm refrigerator and my RV refrigerator filled and my Samsung unplugged and empty. I have read that this is an issue. Almost to point of just wanting a new refrigerator. I wish I had the money to replace right now. Don't want to deal with Samsung products again. (Also have a 55" Samsung flat screen and the picture turns off randomly and you have to shut it all down and restart).

Original review: May 25, 2017

We have had our fridge for less than 3 years and our ice maker has had to be repaired 3 times. It broke again and now they say that it is irreparable. The back fan system broke and they offered to pay for parts so we had a tech come out and for some reason, still not sure why, they said they aren't going to pay for it. So we bought a $1600 fridge less than 3 years ago, have spent over $800 in repairs. I will NEVER EVER buy a Samsung fridge again. I say RUN from them cause their refrigerators sure don't RUN. What a joke.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Bad quality and poor service. We bought the French door refrigerator about 2 years ago for more than $3000. Now the upper section is overcooling and Samsung's authorized technician came charged $220 and did not fix the problem. It lasted 32 days just more than 2 days over the warranty period. Now they say you have to pay again the same cost again.

Original review: May 22, 2017

DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR!! IT IS A PIECE OF CRAP!! ! I bought my side by side refrigerator in Dec. 2015. Six months later there was water under the crisper drawer and the freezer froze over. I cleaned the water from the crisper drawer thinking it was possibly a one time thing. It happened again, and again. I cleaned it up. I called Samsung in Dec. 2016 and they sent someone out to "fix it". Well by the time they came out and fixed it the 1 year warranty was up. It happened again and it was only 15 months old. They refused to do anything about it. And now the ice maker shoot is leaking water and the ice is slushy. I bought it from Conn's.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I purchased the French double door refrigerator in October 2016. In April 2017, it started making a noise. We called Samsung and we were told it wasn't properly leveled (Lowe's delivered and set up). They called back and said it would be 3 weeks before someone could look at it and they would refund our cost. Fast forward until today, still waiting on money, no calls returned as promised, on hold for 30 minutes at a time, multiple apologies, and they are only pay the cast of the refrigerator, taxes and fees are my problem. The worst company I have ever dealt with, incompetent employees that read off cards and overbearing. Only quick response came after I reported them to the Better Business Bureau in their home state of NJ. Don't buy anything with the Samsung name!

Original review: May 19, 2017

French door refrigerator. The worst hunk of junk second fridge in 5 years. First ice maker fan was replaced twice. Then the icing started in ice maker has to be cleaned every 2 weeks. Then behind panel in fridge loud fan noise. Service man came out 4 times to clean ice build up and replace heat element in drain. Well can you believe it did not work. So now I get to empty the fridge every 3 weeks, take the panel off to clean all the ice out around the fan and build up on the lines. The sad part is they know all about these problems and do nothing. Would never buy another Samsung again. Thank you Samsung for giving me some extra work to do every month.

Original review: May 19, 2017

My Samsung refrigerator that I bought a year ago last December today started making a strange noise. The ice maker has had continual issues but today I came home to a flashing panel and what looked like the freezer defrosting. I tried to ascertain what the problem could be and noticed a loud whirring noise but couldn't determine anything out of the ordinary. The ice maker was functioning fine, for once, but the freezer seemed to be defrosting. I tried several times to depress the panel button, to engage the Power Freeze function, and while it seemed by the numeric display to be responding, there was no cooling happening in the freezer area. The noise continued on and off and oddly the upper refrigerator part didn't seem to be affected, so far.

I called Samsung Support and asked for assistance and a service call. They came back to me saying it would be 2 business days from today which would then be Monday. Since now everything was defrosting and ruining in my freezer I asked if they couldn't expedite the service call. The CSR gave me the appliance repair company contact info and suggested I call first thing in the morning. I asked when he gave the number if it wasn't in another local because I recognized it as one far from my service area. He said not to be concerned about that. Well, when I looked up the information the company is located in Sarasota, FL and I live in the Mobile, AL area so I am concerned!

This is ridiculous and absurd for a 1.5 yr old appliance that should have at least a 10 yr lifespan minimum. What is happening here? I've bought several refrigerators but never one so expensive and certainly never one with so many issues. The CSR stated that if there was a manufacturing defect they would stand by the warranty and I certainly hope this is the case. This doesn't bode well after all of the complaint reviews I've read about their refrigerator line. Wish me luck, it appears I may need it!

Original review: May 18, 2017

I bought a $3500 Samsung refrigerator with "Easy connect" only to find out that it will not connect to an iPhone! This would be bad enough except that I spent 2 1/2 hours with Technical Support on the phone and then they insisted that they would send someone to my house to fix it. I had to take a complete day off work just to wait for them to show up. Text stated fridge could not connect.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Samsung Fridge RF28HFEDBSR. Yes another bad review. We bought the fridge 6/9/2014 when it was new and not more than a month old. The ice maker goes out. They replace the ice maker and 2 months later it freezes on us. This time they sent out a repairman with a hair dryer, yes, a HAIR DRYER and defrosted the problem. Fixed for 2 days. I have had the dance of the repair and replace for 3 years now. We keep buying the warranty and they keep fixing and replacing. You would think they would have a fix for this by now. Why haven't they offered to replace the fridge? I no longer own any Samsung products.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I just read all the terrible reviews on Samsung refrigerators and realize I am not alone. After a year my unit started filling up with water and ice in both bins. Upon removing the bins the bottom (under the bins) was covered with water and MOLD! When called, Samsung denied every having issues with their brand. Have had a service man come twice $$$, to no avail. I've decided I'll keep this lousy refrigerator for a few more months and DUMP it. It's not worth investing another penny! I thought about purchasing an appliance warranty, but I read the reviews and the too were awful! What's the consumer to do?

Original review: May 15, 2017

Please Please Please DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG REFRIGERATORS. They are nothing but problems. We purchase a Samsung mod # RF28K9380SG back on 06/10/2016 and pay $3,800.00 Dlls the unit friezes at the fridge, and just not work properly. The service tech came to my home tried to fix 3 times change some parts and the problem never was fix. We call Samsung all these times and they give us the run around, and we ask for a replacement because they can't fix the unit and they insist on send the tech again and again. Note, we call Samsung just 2 months after we purchased the unit. Also note the only have one month left and then the guarantee will expire. Samsung is paying the game because they know we will not have a way to have service the unit unless pay for it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP and do not buy Samsung products. Please if someone have any ideas. Thanks.

Original review: May 11, 2017

First and foremost, Samsung does not have a clue when it comes to customer service. They're blinded by their policies. As a matter of fact, they have a department that goes by the name of Executive Customer Relations (ECR) which is intended to be there to help with escalated issues and even the manager of this department who goes by the name of Prosper, admitted to me that there is nobody in the company that we, as customers, can speak to that has the ability to determine if a replacement product or refund should be made. You may let this be a warning, if you are reading this, that Samsung truly does not have customer service support if you come across any major issues with your products.

We have had our Samsung refrigerator for only 3 months and within the first 3 days we had our first service call for a defective water system. Then 2 months later the same issue and another major issue occurred and they plan to take our entire unit apart, and rebuild a brand new unit. I bought a brand new unit and do not wish to have a rebuilt unit as anyone in my shoes would feel. Unfortunately because they do not have a person who can help, I want to be sure that you, the consumer, has the chance to be forewarned about the reality of the customer service in this company.

At the end of the day, there are multiple reviews about Samsung quality issues and service issues. Trust what you read as I wish I did when I was shopping for this. I love their TV's as I have a few and have not had issues, but their appliances are not their strong point. Just be careful with Samsung and really think about if you want to deal with this. They have only 1 star on this Consumer Affairs page, which should speak for itself.

Original review: May 10, 2017

We bought a Samsung four-door refrigerator about 1 ½ years ago. It is running fine, but we are not happy with the various features. The French doors mean that there is no middle support for the shelves in the refrigerator - so all shelves are stationary. That leaves only a minimum of space for tall items (14" x 6") and the space on the door. Some of the newer ones have a flip up rack on the top left near the ice maker, but ours is screwed into place. The ice maker is in the refrigerator area and has been difficult. The ice is not frozen solidly and melts very quickly in a glass. The cubes tend to clump up near the top of the area where they dump. We have to clear that out every few weeks.

Then we went on vacation for a month and the ice maker was not dumping properly when we came back. Lots of consternation, letting thaw 2 times, hair dryer etc. Finally we found ice build-up on the dumping hinge and broke that up and finally the ice maker is working at the level that it was before our vacation. Can't tell you how many ice makers we have had in the past and never had half the problems. Especially because we went on vacation!

Original review: May 9, 2017

My family recently purchased a Samsung, french door refrigerator. We even purchased a 5-year warranty with this appliance and a lot of good that did us. After owning it 6 months, the ice machine kept thawing out and refreezing, never working properly. Then after a big whopping 1 year, the SAMSUNG FRIDGE COMPLETELY QUIT!!! We lost everything inside the fridge and went without a fridge for over a week and a half. And do you think SAMSUNG honored the warranty... Nope!!! Do you think they honored the full replacement... Nope!!! We still have a little loaner fridge because nobody can seem to help us. So I wouldn't recommend a Samsung fridge to anyone. Not only is it $expensive$, but it never worked properly and obviously the warranty is worth nothing.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Purchased a Samsung Refrigerator with ice maker. One month after delivery I heard a loud noise. I called Samsung and they asked if my fridge was cold and freezer cold. I replied yes, then I was told the noise is normal. The noise got worse and I called again and brushed off. After the warranty expired then they said it needed service. It cost me to fix and I found out this is problematic and no fix available. This is a 3,000.00 + dollar appliance and this has to be addressed or Samsung should pay for all service.

Original review: May 8, 2017

My Samsung Refrigerator was a gift from my husband. I was so excited and looking forward to having a new refrigerator. Unfortunately, it has turned out to be a nightmare. The refrigerator was purchased in 2014 along with an extended warranty. Within 6 months the ice maker went out. It took 3 trips to repair it. Within 2 weeks it was out again. It took 4 visits to get it fixed this time and we learned it was a design flaw that Samsung knew about, but refused to correct the problem. Instead Samsung sent out a list of things the technicians could do to try and make the ice makers work longer. Again, it failed and a New Ice Maker was put in. That lasted about 6 months, however it leaked the whole time. Once again the ice maker went out. Same issues as before.

Here I sit with the ice maker out yet again with Technicians coming out this week. All the while I am having to purchase Ice, make arrangements to be here for the technicians and listen to the excuses of which NONE are satisfactory. Home Depot and Samsung will not replace the refrigerator, because of an ice maker issue. What is worse now is the water leaking from the ice maker is dripping on the electrical components on the drawer below, which could cause a short or electrical issue. This is a VERY POOR appliance and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator approximately 3 years ago. The refrigerator started making a loud noise and would stop when the door was opened. The noise would start again when the door was closed. I googled the problem and discovered many other Samsung refrigerators had done the same thing. The solution was to unplug it and defrost the freezer. So I do that about once a month. Now the entire refrigerator has started to freeze up and the ice maker has stopped working. I will NEVER purchase a Samsung product again. And I would recommend that you not buy a Samsung refrigerator. I spent $2100 on mine. Not worth the money.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I purchased a Samsung French Door Refrigerator in 2009 at Sears. It keeps leaking water under the cool pantry drawer and freezes. I have already paid once to have this fixed. I was told a drainage hose gets clogged up and overflows under the drawer; defective design issue. Once again it is doing the same thing. The repair man recommended only to buy Whirlpool made in America; he said Samsung is pure defective junk!

Original review: May 5, 2017

The Samsung is the worst appliance I've ever purchased. The ice maker freezes up every two weeks and it is a known problem. I reported this problem and was told I would have to spend 485.00 to get it fixed. My fridge is now 2 1/2 years old. Samsung told me they would do nothing to fix the problem even though this a known problem. I would not buy any product from Samsung. Stay away for these products.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Purchased a brand new Samsung counter depth fridge. Ice maker continued to freeze up and eventually was unable to make ice. After two repair visits ($180) from the local company I purchased it from (someone I had dealt with for years and was an authorized dealer) I decided to call Samsung. After a few hours of problem determination (including defrosting the unit again and chipping away the ice) the issue was considered corrected. Of course a month later same issue - contacted service again and they scheduled a service call. The service tech was there 30 seconds and knew exactly what the problem was. There is a significant gap between the inside wall and ice maker allowing air into the unit. Very obviously a manufacturer defect and one they had seen many times before.

I contacted Samsung service again - explaining the issue and requesting to be reimbursed for my third service call (I'm now up to $270 on a 2 1/2 year old unit that I paid $3500 for) and was not very politely told the unit was out of service, it was not a known defect, and they would not reimburse my service call. Sad but true, worst part is they would not own up to the defect, although the tech told me they are required to report their repair fixes which they have done many on these units. They even carry a special tube of caulking with them just for these units. Good luck buying one - last Samsung product I will ever purchase!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I purchased Samsung fridge two months back and a week after delivery, I noticed a huge ice under the bottom of the drawer and water inside the bottom drawer. I removed the ice and saw the same thing the next day again and every day after that. I called the brick warranty department and they told me to unplug the fridge for 24hrs before a technician comes out to fix the problem. This surprised me as it seems they already know about the problem on fridge and I wonder why they don't fix it before it was sold.

I asked them to send me a replacement fridge for the period as the fridge is still on warranty. I have small kids and a day without a fridge is a nightmare. The representative was rude and told me that can't happen and the fridge won't be fixed until I defrost it. I'm still trying to solve this issue and I hope there is someone out here who can stop companies like Samsung from taking clients on a rollercoaster once they make a sale. My advice, don't buy Samsung. Period.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Samsung 33" refrigerator RF23HMEDBSG/AA = junk. Purchased entire package of Samsung black stainless appliances and am completed dissatisfied. Refrigerator ice maker does not work. Repair under warranty did not resolve the issue. Dishwasher does not adequately clean the dishes - may as well hand wash. The range is terrible - convection does not appear to work; cooking is an adventure as food only seems to brown. Forget about making a frozen pizza and thinking it will be edible. And lastly the microwave seems possessed - it turns itself on. Will never buy another Samsung item again. Complete crap!

Original review: May 4, 2017

I bought this refrigerator/freezer, Model # RF26XAEPN43FE4BZ100091T, in latter part of March or early April 2010. The refrigerator stopped cooling on Thanksgiving evening. I had to rent a refrigerator to store all of my leftover food. Plus the other items I had in the refrigerator. It was under warranty. The repairman didn't come until the next week. It was frozen in the back. It was repaired and two other times the same thing happened. When the warranty ran out, I gave up on having it fixed. It began to freeze all of vegetables and fruits. Also, anything liquid. I called Samsung Tuesday 5/02/2017. I was told that I would have to have a technician come out and assess the problem. I called again on 5/03/2017. Silly me I thought that they were going to cover the $125.00 for the tech. I proceeded to question the person that I was talking to. He kept putting me on hold, because he could not answer my questions.

I finally asked if I could send a letter or speak to someone who could authorize payment for the tech and the repairs. I was told that my appliance was out of warranty. I already knew that. The phone person told me someone higher up will contact me. The odds of that happening are less than one out of a trillion. My icemaker does not work. The door freezes; I stopped messing with it. I just wanted to vent my frustration, so now I have. I will never buy another Samsung product. I have been unable to locate my receipt; I bought the product at Lowe's in Newport News, VA.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I purchased my Samsung refrigerator in 2015. Within that first year I had Samsung repairs visit four times due to ice maker problems. They never fixed the problem. Thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty from Lowe's. I had a warranty repair person visit over the same ice maker issues seven times. Each time I had to take four hours off of work to be home for the repair. The icemaker has been replaced along with several other components at least three times. Each time it breaks within weeks and still does not work. Not only does it not produce ice properly, it also leaks water down the front of my stainless steel and now I have permanent stains in my stainless steel refrigerator. Not Appealing!

Purchasing this refrigerator has created significant financial loss for me and my family. Not only do I have an ugly refrigerator with water stains down the front of it, I cannot get ice from it, and I have lost several hours equating to several hundred dollars of loss work having to be home each time a repair person needed access to fix it. Purchasing a Samsung refrigerator has been the worst experience and the worst purchasing decision I have ever made.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I am very disappointed with the Samsung refrigerator model: RF28HFEDBWW I bought at Sears 2 YEARS AGO!!! I had a repair person out yesterday and he could not remove the back panel inside the refrig b/c the screw would only tighten, not move left to loosen. We had to "defrost the coils in the back of the refrig" since he could not reach the coils. All food had to be removed. We hope that once he drains the built-up frost that is now defrosted that the refrig will work. Just pitiful. I will never buy a Samsung product again!

Original review: May 3, 2017

We should have read the reviews before purchasing a Samsung refrigerator and shame on Home Depot for selling them. We have had nothing but headaches from the $3500 fridge. The repairman has been here twice, another expense... And now the ice maker bin will not release. To get help answering my question online there is a $25 fee. I give up.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Samsung has a known problem with their twin cooling French door refrigerator, but refuses to help to make it right. Drain tubes on these units are undersized causing the ice maker to not work and water to leak out from under their freshness trap. We've now had two floods in our kitchen and no ice. Our appliance repair service was well aware of these problems. Our unit is 4 years old and no longer in warranty. The repair cost will be $800 to fix.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator side by side 5 years ago & my warranty ran out. I had a lot going on here like a tornado and a lot of stress. I'm very disappointed in this appliance. Only problems. Fix the ice maker and now the problem is water underneath and ice building up on floor of freezer. And no yesterday my refrigerator part isn't working and now I have to call someone ASAP before my food spoils. My last fridge lasted 10 years I went with Samsung because I heard good things and it wasn't cheap at all!!! Now it's going to cost a lot to repair and have someone come and check it out! After this fridge I don't think I will buy another product again. I called shortly after my warranty ended and they said they couldn't help me. I would have to pay. Just ridiculous, in 5 years, so not happy!!!

Original review: May 2, 2017

Samsung Two Sided Refrigerator (Model RS22HDHPNSR). Bought summer of 2015 at Best Buy. By early 2016, when trying to replace the water filter the first time, the filters didn't fit. The teeth of the locking system didn't even look the same. When I called to have it serviced, Samsung came out. Technician explained that the filter system has changed since the make of my fridge. He changed out the whole system as he said it should have been done before the purchase. Now today, April 2017, the filter literally popped out of the system, cracking the plastic filter head off and water gushing all over my kitchen floor. Two problems within less than two years for a fridge valued $2,000! There's no words for that!!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Let me start by saying they sent people here and did not fix it. They said they would return my money if we cut the cord and tore out the model numbers off the inside and we could dispose of the thing ourselves. Look on Youtube at the people who have a faulty design on those and they are still being sold in stores! They have a flimsy seal where ice comes down and getting air and ice is not solid but very mushy and I would tell anyone not to buy one and they can't fix it and then they ran out of repair people to send here after 4 and nobody could fix it! I hate Samsung and please do not buy one or you will regret it!

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information