Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Samsung Refrigerator

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes smart vacuums, laundry appliances and kitchen appliances, including refrigerators. The company produces several models of refrigerators and includes a warranty. Samsung products are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Pros

• Energy-efficient
  • Multiple designs
  • Top technology
  • Temperature control

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Short return period

Bottom Line

Samsung refrigerators are built to last and come in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Models include smart features, adjustable settings and sleek designs.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Refrigerator Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Refrigerator?

Original review: May 4, 2018

My refrigerator is 4 yrs old and I will never buy another Samsung. It is a documented problem with the overflow valve in the ice maker but they will not do anything about it, I can replace it for $950. No thank you! The fans in the back panel froze up due to the ice maker problem and I had to have a repairman replace them to the tune of $400. They may have fixed the newer models but where is the customer service for previous customers? An allowance or some type of prorated cost adjustment should be made!

Original review: May 3, 2018

Refrigerator freezer stopped working first and the inside stopped soon after. After calling Sears out to repair they diagnosed it as the sealed refrigerator system stopped working. This was covered by Samsung's factory warranty, (covered for 5 years). After contacting Samsung they had 3 techs come out over the course of 3 weeks trying to repair it. They could not and said we would receive a new unit in 48 hours. After no contact in 48 hrs. I called and they had to do the paperwork. After calling several times for updates. They decided to refund our money because they did not have the same unit.

It has been over a month since the unit stopped working. We are now waiting for our refund. They say it takes between 7 to 14 days but the Samsung Reps. say that's not true. They wait the full 14 days to refund the money. So if your fridge stops working please check your Warranty that comes with the fridge even if you don't have a store warranty. The warranty information is in your refrigerator manual. The number for Samsung is on the back of the manual or your decal inside of your fridge.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We purchased a new Samsung French Door with ice maker less than 3 years ago. It was not cheap! The freezer doesn’t freeze anymore and the fridge is dying now too. We had a repairman in and he said it would cost at least 1000.00 to fix and then we still have a crappy fridge. Reviews were good at the time of purchase but now that everyone has had them for at least a year, the reviews are showing Samsung’s true colours! The ice was never really hard ice either. Good looking fridge and that’s about it!

Original review: May 3, 2018

We are senior couple. My husband is disabled. Have had our $2500.00 refrigerator about 8 yrs. Freezer and ice maker stopped working. After several calls they finally gave me a repairman number 75 miles away. After reading reviews and checking with several people locally, we found numerous people had the same problem... which the majority still did not have problem solved, because repairman did not know what it was. Several were left torn apart for weeks. We just wanted to talk with someone, to get their opinion if it could be repaired or we would we have to purchase another one... No one will talk with us... Your customer service is no help. AFTER YOU SELL YOU ARE FINISHED WITH THE CUSTOMER. NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR. I called, email, no response from anyone.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I’ll start with what I disliked - water filters leak. The ice maker freezes up. The door shelves cracked. The metal strip on the left side broke and has to be flipped. On the other hand, I like the roominess of the bottom drawer.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Stainless steel that is used doesn't clean well and dings very easily. The interior is very well lit and all the glass shelves and crisper drawers are adjustable. How ever on the freezer side the water from the ice & water on the door drips inside the door and the drawer freezes close.

Original review: May 3, 2018

The Samsung refrigerator is good, but it is very pricey, even the filter is expensive. I like this fridge very much. I would recommend to others. The refrigerator can be bought in lots of stores. However it's difficult to find the filters when you need them and they are not cheap.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Buyer beware! If you are considering buying ANY Samsung appliance, contact Samsung first to find out where your nearest qualified repair technician lives, because you will certainly need them. After 4 years and 10 months, our refrigerator fan started making a noise similar to aircraft. It is no longer cooling enough on the refrigerator side. We called Lowe's, who arranged for a tech to come out and look at it who lives 3 HOURS AWAY!

We also have a Samsung dishwasher that stopped working after 4.5 years, and asked if they could fix it also. Lowe's said they did not know if this technician could also service the broken dishwasher. Many appliance repair people do not like to, or simply cannot work on Samsung appliances. Do yourself a huge favor and buy an American brand. We will never buy Samsung appliances again, and are replacing them with Frigidaire instead of paying someone to drive 3 hours to run diagnostics, order parts, return to replace parts, etc.

Original review: May 2, 2018

It looks very nice and all features are wonderful. But every month the tube that goes to the ice maker would freeze and everything around and the inside top of the refrigerator had ice. They kept telling me I don’t push in the ice bucket all the way but I had never taken it out. Finally I had to take it out because every week it would do it I had to take a blow dryer and fix it myself. Thank goodness I don’t have that fridge anymore and got an LG.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought the refrigerator brand new. It worked great for about a year then one day it wouldn't keep items cold. Turn out the freezer was too full. It was a large capacity freezer that did not actually accommodate a large amount of food.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I am satisfied. It cleans easily. It is the perfect size. The color is gray which is okay. It handles the fluctuation of voltage here in India and that is good.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Bought the refrigerator (Samsung Model RS2556SH) on 10/15/2004 and, except for the ice maker and the fact that it's a bit noisy, it has worked well ever since it was installed. While the ice maker does make ice, there is usually a mixture of crushed and cubed ice and the selection setting doesn't make much difference. I'm writing the review because, after reading the reviews posted on this site, I felt I should offer a positive review and let readers know there is at least one person who's had a fairly good experience with a Samsung refrigerator.

Original review: May 1, 2018

It looks good but the inside layout doesn't meet my needs. The shelf that goes up and down is useless, and I find the freezer doesn't hold as much as I thought it would. My old 2 door Whirlpool, in my opinion was better.

Original review: May 1, 2018

The lower freezer handle keeps coming off. Very annoying. Our salesman indicated that ice fell in the freezer in addition to the door. When I went back to Best Buy to tell the manager it felt like she was trying to get rid of me. I just didn't want the salesman to misinform other customers.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Great looking counter depth French door. Love the deli drawer and freezer drawer. Due to water and ice in left side, and showcase Door, not a lot of room in Door compartment. But my husband loves it. We do have a second refrigerator for storage of extras but the Samsung looks great. The ice maker is a bit noisy, other than that, a keeper.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I love the looks of my Samsung, but once we got it home I really did not like the setup of shelving in the fridge part. I'm not able to change height of the shelving so I have trouble placing milk, juice, etc. Too many small spaces and not enough for larger items.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Sometimes I find items that are slightly frozen in the refrigerator and the air circulation could be better. But I still love Samsung Refrigerator.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Good size refrigerator, fits large platters with ease, stainless steel outside not as easy to keep clean with teenagers' fingers as I would have thought.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Had many problems with the refrigerator from the beginning. It would just stop working and before repairman would come in a few days it would start again. Finally it started defrosting into the bottom of the refrigerator part. Told it could not be fixed because of the way it was made. In trash at six years.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I really enjoyed my Samsung except I do believe that part of my issue is it's a side-by-side with a French door and I don't have that much room on the side by side part. The freezer down below works great and the extra drawer I love. One big issue I've had is with the ice maker. It does not seem to make ice well and when it does make ice they're small.

Original review: April 30, 2018

The main reason I went with Samsung is that it has 2 pumps so if 1 should fail the freezer will work or vice versa refrigerator will work. This is my second in 15 years and only changed because we wanted the bottom freezer instead of side by side. I will get another when needed.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Really like refrigerator. Veggie draws are hard to pull out an clean. If we have elec blackout, you have to pull refrigerator out. Unplug for 5 minutes. Then reset freezer and cooler. If you are not home, that's a problem. Ice maker doesn't stay working.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I really love this refrigerator!!! The freezer freezes solid and the refrigerator keeps things right where I love it. Plus you can set the temperature, so, that's nice too!

Original review: April 29, 2018

When one door is open, I can open the drawer on that side, other I had to open both doors to get one drawer open. All shelves adjustable. I like that mine does not have water and ice through the door, taking up unusable space inside. Ice maker conveniently in the corner of the bottom freezer.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I like the Samsung Refrigerator. I like the appearance, functionality and performance of the refrigerator. I've only owned it for about 3 months, time will tell how Dependable it is.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The Samsung side by side has a water & ice dispenser which you can put a lock on to keep children from playing with dispenser. It also show the freezer temperature, beeps when refrigerator door is left open. This refrigerator is about 5 years old.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The look is sleek, very nice but I prefer more metal parts than plastic. The fridge does not get cold enough for me and I had a problem with the ice maker. Samsung sent someone out free to repair and the service was great. I have ice now.

Original review: April 28, 2018

This refrigerator is less than 4 years old. I have had to defrost this unit each of the last two years. The first time losing most of the contents. I have previously owned an Admiral 20 yrs and an Amana 14 yrs. I never had to defrost either.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The refrigerator we currently have is a replacement for the one we originally bought from Samsung. The original refrigerator had a problem with the freezer frosting up thus making it difficult to get the freezer drawer to open completely. After multiple attempts by the Samsung service technicians to resolve the problem Samsung decided to refund our money so we could purchase another refrigerator. Even though the service quality we received on the original refrigerator was terrible we decided to purchase another Samsung refrigerator because of their reputation for producing quality products.

I am sorry to say that the replacement Samsung refrigerator is doing exactly the same thing and it is also very noisy. I doubt we will get more than a couple of years out of this refrigerator. I do not think Samsung knows what it is doing when it comes to making quality refrigerators and it definitely needs a tremendous amount of improvement in servicing what they sell. Samsung refrigerators are junk! I will not buy another Samsung product, ever!

Original review: April 28, 2018

We love the fridge with four French doors and a preview door. Lower right compartment can switch from freeze to fridge with just a touch on the control panel. However, the ice maker too small and runs out of ice often and we are a household with only two people.

Samsung Refrigerator Company Information