Safeguard Tubs

Out of Business

Compare Walk-In Bathtubs

Research top Walk-In Bathtubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been calling, leaving messages for someone from Greenworksusa, for almost a year now. They sent someone to check my tub and ever since the bubbles don't work. I really need to have someone to fix the problem. I paid so much money for this walk-in tub. Very disappointed with this company. I do not recommend using them. I wished I had Home Depot.

Tub was purchased and installed in late December/early January. Walk-in tub installed never passed city inspection, upon repeated requests for service have waited for more than six months without resolution. I immediately reported several concerns: installation was unsatisfactory, has not passed inspection, leaks, etc., and they damaged my new stairs (wood flooring). In addition some time later the tub had still not passed the city inspection and it has leaked through the floor down into my pantry a total of three times. We are afraid to use it as intended; with hydro-therapy jets. This was reported to both the installer and the vendor Greenworksus (aka Safeguard Tubs) several times via telephone communication.

Six months and many communications later mostly verbal, some written. Problems have never been resolved - yet Greenworksus says they have. I partially financed the purchase through GE Capital, who kept calling me about payment and I kept advising them as well as Greenworksus/Safeguard of the unresolved issues and that I would not be making payment until all issues were resolved. Greenworksus/Safeguard in a letter to GE Capital told them that they had taken care of problems which is not true and suggested that I wanted the "tub for free". After reading this, I'd finally had it with Greenworksus/Safeguard and requested in written format, via certified mail, to both GE Capital and Greenworks that the tub be removed. I do not wish to deal any further with a company that would lie like this.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Safeguard Tubs is a patented brand of Palladium Group Inc, established in Wyoming on an unknown date.

• Low entry: They offer a 4-inch step-up which is lower than many other walk-in bathtubs.
  • Cleaning: The Ozone self-cleaning sanitary system and the anti-scalding system are standard on all tubs.
  • Safety features: There are 4 appropriately placed grab bars available.
  • Company: Very little history is offered about this company.
  • Maintenance: The electronic computer panel is just one more thing to maintain.
  • Best for Individuals with limited mobility, senior citizens, individuals who want to consider aging-in-place features, individuals who are obese and have difficulty bathing in standard tubs, individuals with arthritis and those with restless leg syndrome.

Compare Walk-In Bathtubs