4.2/5 (187 ratings)

About Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote after an in-home consultation. The quote includes the product and installation costs.

Pros

• Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available

Cons

• Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Bottom Line

Safe Step offers walk-in tubs and tub/shower hybrids with a variety of safety and comfort features, including hydro-jets and anti-scald technology. Each tub comes with a lifetime warranty.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-in Tubs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

Safe Step had the features that I liked in a tub. The experience with their sales representatives was very pleasant and the installation team was wonderful, too. I like the tub. However, I found out a couple of weeks ago that there's a place on the west side which holds water next to the wall where the tub sits. They left a little groove there and all the way down about the size of a finger. Water accumulates when we take a shower and it stays there because there's nowhere for it to go so it looks rusty there. I don't know whether it's cracked or not but it's not supposed to be that way and I'd like that to be fixed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

We purchased a Safe Step tub because we liked all the features of it. Also, our experience with their sales representatives and installation team were all positive so we'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

We are very satisfied with our Safe Step tub and happy that we bought it. The only thing my wife doesn't like is the shower because it's too far away from the tub. Other than that, we had a really good experience with it.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

I purchased a home with a Safe Step walk in tub, it was one of the selling points to my home purchase. I never used the shower head portion of the tub once I bought the home. When I finally used the shower head, it leaked through the floor of the 2nd floor and through the ceiling on the first floor. I called the customer service department and they said because I didn't purchase it from them they couldn't help me. I went so far as contacting the seller of my home to see if he would call them, as he only installed the tub 6 months before I purchased the home. He gladly called them for me (and made a friend because of it) and they told him to have me call a plumber. He was just as furious as I would. Now when I call them I can only get an answering machine. Thanks a lot Safe Step, you turned my home purchase into a nightmare the last 2 years.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

The sales rep at Safe Step was very nice and wonderful. The installation team was great, too. I like the bubbles that come up. It’s so great on the skin. I just wish I could stretch my legs out more. It’s too confining and it’s not long enough. It's also hard to recommend this to a friend because it's a very expensive investment and most people can't afford it but since having the walk-in tub, I do sleep better.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I wanted a tub and the Safe Step salesman talked me into it. He's a nice fellow and a fast talker. The installer was also very talented. He did a nice job putting the tub in and had it done quickly, too. I like the jets especially on my back after I work a while. I'm 80 years old so I have a lot of pains. My tub helps take care of them and I feel better after I get out of it. I would recommend them but they could improve their tub by having more jets. I'd also like to set a thermostat gauge in it to tell the temperature of the water and a clock to tell me how long have I've been in or how long I've been doing this and that.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I like everything about our Safe Step walk-in tub. Installation went well, too. I'd recommend Safe Step.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I’ve been enjoying Safe Step more and more every time I use it. The tub has been wonderful and I’ve been recommending them to several people that I know.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I compared the Safe Step tub with Jacuzzi and another one and Safe Step was the better-looking one. The salesman was truthful. He can sell the tub to an Eskimo in the North Pole. The installation team was outstanding, too. When I walked in I was amazed. I couldn't see a hole, crack or mess. They should be given an award for their expertise and it didn't take them long to do it, too. When I walk into the tub, I know I'm going to have a nice, soothing, go-to-sleep bath. And I do go to sleep sometimes. It's really a gorgeous-looking tub. The only thing I don't like about it is it takes too much water.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I'd recommend Safe Step walk-in tubs. My brother told me about them and in my experience, their sales representative and installation team were good.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

So far, it's great with Safe Step. I'm enjoying it. However I was going to call one of their local service reps sometime to check of the aroma thing is working or not.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I called Safe Step and a nice young lady explained everything to me, and I decided to go with them. The installation team came in at quarter to nine in the morning and left at 4 o'clock. Good experience with Safe Step. It's nice to have a tub that I can walk in and sit down.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I definitely wouldn’t recommend Safe Step. It's nice but it's not big enough. When a person that weighs 205 or 210 pounds stuffs himself in that little spot, that doesn’t work out really good. So they ought to put a little warning on that, in my opinion. Also the installation team was good until they left and I had some torn wallpaper in about three places. And one of their repairs, where they took it out, it tore a big piece out. They fixed it but it didn't look real good.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

The gentleman from Safe Step was very good and nice. He explained it all to us. He even tried to get us more help by getting us a demonstrator. The installation team was also very good. They showed us everything on it and what they were doing. They even cleaned up after themselves. I haven't used the tub but my husband used it. He loves the jets and likes that it is easy to get into.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I had seen Safe Step over a period of time on the AARP magazine but I was never in a position to own one because they were expensive. I put it on the back burner thinking someday I'd like to get one. I've seen it one time advertised on TV again, and that caught my attention to it even more. And then, I decided to call. I had a very nice representative come and then I went ahead and decided to buy it that day. The installation team was very nice and were very sufficient. They did a good job, so I'm very satisfied. I like the tub but I don't use it everyday. It uses a lot of water, but so far I've been enjoying it and everything that it's doing is beneficial. I like using it for my back because that's where my problems lie.

I watched the commercial, makes me laugh when I see them demonstrate and they get in there with their clothes on. And sitting there, they're all dressed up ready for their photo shoot. But the one picture there, when she shows her head lain back, I don't see that happening in the tub because it's a sitting tub. So I don't know how she positioned her head unless she slid down somewhat. I'm quite agile yet and I have done that. So I was able to scoot down and let the water come up to my neck. Otherwise, I can't use the jets until that water has covered the jets in the back. The tub's a little slow when filling but maybe that's all the water pressure I get here at this house. But I like the warm seat so it doesn't bother me. I'm sitting comfortably as the water's filling up so I’m going to be enjoying it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

My Safe Step tub was installed Monday, two weeks ago. The installers were super and did the whole job nicely in about eight hours. They took the whole tub out, put the new one in, tried it out, and worked it all up. However, I've been trying to get a hold of them in Tennessee because I can't get the instruction manual for it. It didn't come with it and they won't send me one. I've had the local salesman that sold it to me call them, too.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

My overall experience with Safe Step has been good. I like the jets, the aroma device on it, and the way it massages the back and everything. I highly recommend Safe Step.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

Their sales rep was very nice. He showed us some pictures and told me all about it. I knew that it was time that I needed something safer to shower in. Installation team was nice and quick. They were here for whole day scheduled as a clock and got it all done. With Safe Step, it's a lot easier and comfortable to get into the shower. The bubbles are soothing and everything feels good. I like it a lot. However, I started out having numb feet and they said they would call about a month or so to see if it was hurting in the end. When I used the jet, it helps a little bit more each time.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

I've only used the Safe Step tub once and it's alright.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

My Safe Step tub is wonderful and I love it. The guy who installed it went over and beyond what was necessary. He was amazing and kind which made the whole experience even better. I like that I could sit down, walk in, sit and have a wonderful warm bath. I can also choose whether I want to use the teeny tiny bubbles or only use the regular one or sometimes I alternate them. I love the color therapy as well, but I don't know where to get more of these aromatherapy things. They should have given samples of all of them so I could choose which one I like. That would be the way to start that off. Other than that, it's amazing and I'm moving 100% better than I did.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

The sales rep from Safe Step was only an hour drive away from our home so that was good. On the other hand, the two guys who installed the tub were very efficient. I like all the features of my walk-in tub and I'm pleased with it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

We ripped out our other shower and used the Safe Step Tub instead, and my wife says that her legs feel better after using it. It also benefits me due to certain health conditions, so I also enjoy it. Of course we didn't enjoy the immense expense, and there’s a few things that we found wrong about it. We also hit the plunger that’s so close to the door many times when trying to get out of it, which makes it go, so I have to have a solid place to put my hand since the water switch is in the way. It should be moved. Even though it was explained to us, I think there could be more information on each of the switches since we have to keep some of those switches that turn different things on. When in the tub, I have to turn around from the seat to use the buttons. They’re not well placed, and they could have been in one spot, that way I don’t have to turn around right, left, and back just to use the buttons.

We will also have to call Safe Step to see if they would come over to add a wooden shelf because the unit is too low, and the water gathers in there. There’s a quarter inch of water along one side, which is not too good and the tub’s a little smaller than the opening. I also found out that if I’m in the step-in, the door is in the way, and it’s so wide that I have no place to step back because of the seat. Other than this, the tub’s a quality product, it does some of the things it’s supposed to do, and the company has tried to make it very useful in that it works for a lot of people, but personally I wouldn’t have paid that amount and in some respects, it’s cumbersome and isn’t easy to clean due to its depth.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2015

I saw Safe Step Walk-in Tubs on TV commercials. Their sales representative was really nice and explained everything to us, how it worked, and stuff like that. Their installation team were also great and professional. They did a really good job. I like everything about the walk-in tub. It’s all good so I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2015

I love my Safe Step walk-in tub. I like the heat on the bottom and also I like that I can fill it up almost to the top.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

I like sitting and relaxing with those tiny bubbles in my Safe Step walk-in tub. I would recommend them. Both their sales representatives and installation team were very nice.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

We called Safe Step to get an estimate. The sales guy showed us all the other stuff from other people who we ended up having appointment to come give us an estimate too. He pointed out several differences like for instance another company offers a cosmetic-looking wise where the hand nozzle is hidden and is connected to the bathtub itself. You don't need a rod on your wall, so we liked that. It comes with heated seats and little air bubble things and none of that's gonna be offered separately. It all comes together with one price so we decided to say, "Okay, go ahead do that."

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

The Safe Step sales rep explained himself well and their installation team were very clear and precise. I would recommend Safe Step. I've been using my walk-in tub everyday and I'm content with it. It is safe and everything is close by so I can maneuver everything.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I am a veteran. I bought a Safe Step walk-in tub because of my back and some of the things that occurred in service that I really need to sit down and soak. Everything went well with the construction. They were all on time, I love the tub, and I would recommend them. The only problem is the communication after installation. Up to this day, I don't have a bill. I haven’t had anybody call me after everything's done to see how it’s going and if I received my first invoice. I don't really have a lot of time to track them down and I surely don't want any negative credit reports, but I don't have a point of contact to call for the financial side of it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I checked out some online reviews about tubs and their differences, and I didn't realize there were so many. I saw a couple of infomercials about Safe Step so I did the online questionnaire with my information. The next day, a gentleman from Safe Step called. I asked him some questions about the pricing and he was ready to set up for someone to come out. It was fast and I was really surprised. Since then, it's has been great with my Safe Step tub. I love it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I was looking for a safe tub and after I talked to someone from Safe Step, an appointment was scheduled for someone to come out to look at the area and measure. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable. It was a while before the finance guy came out to do the paperwork but he was very helpful and explained all the details as far as what would happen, how it would be installed, all the money details and how much it would cost, how it was to be paid, etc.

It took a while to be approved, but when it did, they let me know when it was scheduled to be put in, and sure enough it was put in within three days. I was happy. They knew exactly what they were doing and I was really impressed with the way they worked together and how they cleaned up after themselves. One of them stayed behind and he showed and explained how the tub works, and then assured me that I could call if I had any problems. I've been really pleased with the tub ever since I got it.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information