2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.3/5 (329 ratings)

About Safe Step Walk-in Tubs

Safe Step manufactures and sells walk-in tubs and hybrid walk-in tubs with a shower option. Each product comes with a lifetime warranty on the tub frame, specific parts and labor. The company doesn’t show pricing information online, but homeowners can receive a quote after an in-home consultation. The quote includes the product and installation costs.

Pros

• Hybrid walk-in tub/shower option
    • Financing available
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Discounts available

Cons

• Only 10 possible hydro-jets
    • No pricing online

Bottom Line

Safe Step offers walk-in tubs and tub/shower hybrids with a variety of safety and comfort features, including hydro-jets and anti-scald technology. Each tub comes with a lifetime warranty.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-in Tubs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Step Walk-In Tub?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

I like Safe Step Walk-in Tubs a lot. It's fantastic. I can lay back and let water pump on me. The installation guy was excellent and very nice. However, I don't know why I can't put on detergent to wash it, to sit in it and take a bath in it. It's fussing me a little bit.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

We originally got the Safe Step tub for my handicapped stepson so my wife could get him in and out of the tub easier than trying to lift him over the tub. Our experience with it has been okay and my son uses the tub. Moreover, our experience with their sales rep and the installation both went good.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

My Safe Step experience went great. My dad loves it and it's working out very well. The guy that was sent to us was very informative, and even showed us all the different buttons even before we got it, so we had an idea before we even got the tub installed and how to use it. Installation went smoothly. I thought they were going to be there all day, and it only took them four hours so they did a good job. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

Interactions with installation team from Safe Step were excellent and I especially like the aromatherapy feature of my walk-in tub.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

Safe Step installed the tub quickly but they didn’t do that good of a job because they didn’t level it up, so I had to call them back. So the installer was back today and he was good although it took me four days to get him here and it wasn’t really his fault. I wouldn’t have gotten him until next week if I hadn’t pressured him bad. I got to do that because I have company coming in the weekend and I need to get this trimmed out by tomorrow and get the shower right up so that everybody is going to be able to take a bath. They didn’t have to trim it out because I’ve got a bathroom that I wanted to do, and I want to keep the country cottage look. All they had to do was just carry the older tub out and throw that one in. But without them leveling it up a little better, I couldn’t put my trim on. I paid $** for a damn bathtub, and when you pay that much money for it, you expect premium service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

My experience with Safe Step has been great. Installation went fine and I like all the tub's features.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

The sales rep from Safe Step was very knowledgeable. The only issue we had was we had ordered it around Father's Day and we thought it was going to be coming in at that time, but it didn't come in until a week and a half later. The salesman told us, "Okay, I'll let you know", and then I had to call and find out when it was coming. From Tennessee they called me and said, "Oh, no, it'd be like four weeks." So we thought it would be four weeks, but it turned out to be six weeks. We even had to change our schedule around my brother who wanted to take that day off to make sure that he was there when it was done.

Also, we did have to call in because my dad is 91 years (he has a home healthcare lady) and he's slipping on the bathtub. We bought mats but nothing will stick and they said it's non-slipping but it's not. So I put a call in to Tennessee just this week, and they said that the production manager knows what to order and they're supposed to then get in touch with our local man and they're gonna come out and try to install something on the floor so it's not so slippery. Moreover, my brother had his walk-in shower put in by another company and it was cheaper and sturdier than Safe Step. But besides those things, it’s serving the purpose so we’re content with it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

My experience with Safe Step Walk-in Tubs has been fine. Their sales rep was good and the installation team was efficient.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

My experience with Safe Step's sales team was okay, but I had a problem with the installation team because they did it incorrectly. I called their customer service at least half a dozen times and I never got a callback while I left messages every time I called.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs response

Mr. Schmidt, I am sorry that you had an issue with our customer service. Our phones after hours are forwarded to an answering service and emailed to us immediately and each morning forwarded to the appropriate person. Each morning, our customer service department is returning these after hours calls along with answering any new inbound calls. Our customer service department is open until 6pm CST Monday - Friday. I hope your problem has been resolved with our installation team, if not, please call our customer service department immediately.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

Safe Step was expensive and we already have a service call on it because the lights went out on the tub. It had a couple of chips and I ended up paying on the installation. Also, we're gonna repaint and the caulking needs to be redone already on one end. Moreover, the tub may have settled down a bit, so I'm going to get a service call on it. I've been wanting to call them, but I havent had time to call. Nevertheless, I like the tub although I would have designed the door a little bit different.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

The Safe Step rep was good - I liked his product and we didn't have any problems. The installers was a lot fun but I have to call them because I haven't gotten around getting the glue off where the shower curtain is. But overall, I'm pleased.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

The Safe Step Walk-in Tubs sales representative was very pleasant and helpful and the installation team was fine. However, I have only been in it once. I'm elderly and I'm having a hard time getting in and out because of its depth.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

The sales representative of Safe Step was outstanding and installation was perfect. The problem with the tub is that you've got to wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to fill up and after you bathe, you've got to wait 15 minutes for it to empty. But overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

The installation went smoothly. I like Safe Step so far... it's nice.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

The Safe Step installation team were great and did one hell of a job. So far, it’s good although, I haven’t received the monthly bill yet. But overall, I’d still recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

We love our walk-in bathtub from Safe Step. Everything is good on it. I like the part that I can take a shower and not have to worry. It's so gentle that I don't even use the curtain and mess up the bathroom. Service-wise, my interactions with their sales rep went very well and their installers were wonderful and couldn't have been any nicer. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

I bought Safe Step tub for my mother and she's very happy with it. Their sales rep was very good, knowledgeable and polite. The installation of the tub also went smoothly so I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

Safe Step is a wonderful tool and is very nice. It is very convenient for older people and those that have disabilities to get into a tub safely and be able to feel safe in the tub while they’re bathing. I have a daughter that has a disability and I put her in there and turn on the jets, and when she got out, she would feel so relaxed.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

Sales representatives from Safe Step Walk-in tub were all very nice. The installation was done within a day so that was fine. But I'm a little disappointed with a couple of things. One is that when the bubble bath comes on, it was shooting all over the bathroom so that wasn't good. Customer rep told me that it wouldn't do that if the tub is full with water. He said the water had to be as high as all those jets on the back seat. I don't think if I were to conceive of a tub like that, that it needs to be full of water in order to get the full benefit out of it. And that is a lot of water. Also, there are some buttons that either didn't work at all or didn't work the way I thought they should, but it's a new object that I have to get used to. So I did call them the other day because I didn't know how to use all the buttons to their best advantage. I asked if they could send me a step-by-step instruction booklet and the rep said he would do that.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

The Safe Step tub is a good piece of equipment. The installation went very well and it's working good for my wife who has dementia. I even use it. I recommend it highly.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

I’m in love with my Safe Step tub. I’ve had some nice experiences, but I had to learn some things when using the tub. One of the things that frustrated me a little bit was I like to put my arms out and relax, and every time I do that, the buttons for the bubbles either turns on or off. So I have to not put my arms up anymore and I keep forgetting to do that. But as far as comfort, it’s very nice and very easy to get in and out of the tub.

Another thing that I had to remember is to make sure to lock the door. I have diabetes and sometimes my feet are cold and I can’t get them warmed up. One night I had gotten out of bed, went into the tub and put a small amount of water in the tub - just enough to cover my feet to get them warmed up. I had the door closed but I didn’t have it completely locked. And because of getting up in the night, I had water all over the floor.

Moreover, the sales reps that we talked to didn't take long to get their point across, and my husband was pleased because they gave us a very nice veteran's discount. We had shopped around before and none of the other companies offered us that. The discount was one extra nice thing that we got from Safe Step, and it's the reason why we purchased the tub because it brought down the price enough that we were able to afford it. The installers were very courteous, nice and speedy. I was surprised that they put it in in the length of time that they did. The tub has a beautiful appearance, and looks like it was built there from the beginning. They cleaned up their mess, and left everything like it was a brand new bathroom.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

My experience with Safe Step has been real good. The sales rep I talked to was a good salesman and he was great. Moreover, I was surprised that the installation was done in the first day. I still don't know all the tricks of the tub, but I enjoy it so far.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2015

Their sales rep and installation team were both very good. I chose Safe Step because their step was a lot lower compared to other retailers. The jets are my favorite feature. However, I don't use it everyday because it takes up so much water.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2015

The installers of Safe Step were really good. They came in and did what they were supposed to do, then cleaned up after themselves. They were really good at what they do so I'd recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I saw an ad about Safe Step Walk-in Tubs on TV. I also read about it on the AARP paper. They seemed to have the best guarantee over other ones so we purchased from them. I also like the micro jets of the tub. However, I haven't been able to use it recently as much as I wanted to because of a rash on my back - I can't get my back wet. There's also one mistake I noticed on the papers. That tub should be in mine and my husband's name. Nonetheless, I'd still recommend this product to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I’d recommend Safe Step. My experience with them went well and I'm liking the product so far.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

I decided to go with Safe Step because I saw Pat Boone in their TV commercial, and I have friends that have it. I wanted something safe. I asked Safe Step the prices afterwards and when they told me, I was shocked. But the sales representatives were very good, and the installers, Patrick and Nick, were awesome, kind and went through everything with me.

I am not really nuts about the tub. I have a hard time getting in it through the door. When I talked to one of my friends, she paid $8,000 for her tub and I told her I ended up paying $13,300 for mine. I really feel like it was a rip-off, and I should have investigated other tubs. I only use the tub once or twice a week, and I can’t see people staying in it a whole hour. It takes 15 minutes to fill up, and I’m set in there for 20 minutes. I’m not one of those people that can lay in a tub, but I talked to a friend who has arthritis like me and I told her she might like it a lot better than me. In fact, I invited her over to try it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

My wife enjoys using the Safe Step Walk-in Tubs and it helps her pains. Our sales rep was very nice and the installation team were fast in doing their job. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

The sales rep was very good and covered everything. And the installers did a very quick job. We like sitting in the tub with the jets. I sit in it twice when my hemorrhoids are bad. I know the water is very good for them. They were getting better and I haven't had it since. But we've called Safe Step about our shower sticking on the wall and it won't stay up. At night I hear it hits the tub, so we got to hang it down. It doesn't stay with double-sided tape, and they didn't say when they could come.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

I'm totally impressed with Safe Step - words can't describe. The installation was incredible. I feel great with it and I'm so thankful. I will tell everybody that everyone would need something like it.

Safe Step Walk-in Tubs Company Information