4.1/5 (1082 ratings)

About Royal Prestige Cookware

Royal Prestige is a cookware brand that offers a wide range of stainless-steel cookware products, including pots, pans, skillets and pressure cookers. The company offers several lines of stainless steel cookware that all come with a 50-year warranty. The company also has juicers, tableware, cutlery and water filtration products.

Pros

• Healthy cooking method
  • Large product selection
  • 50-year warranty
  • Sold individually and in sets

Cons

• Purchased through a distributor
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Royal Prestige Cookware is built to last and includes a 50-year warranty. The greaseless cooking method provides a healthy alternative to cooking with butter and oil. It does not sell products directly to customers.

Royal Prestige Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Prestige Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Prestige Cookware?

Original review: March 11, 2015

I was impressed with their demonstration at the Iowa State Fair and it just so happened that at that time, we had installed a convection stovetop in our home and we were going to have to buy a set of pans because the ones we were using wouldn't work on that convection top. So we had to have something that would work on the convection top and Royal Prestige does. My wife was a little hesitant about that when I ordered it but she's perfectly happy with it now. She likes it real well, and it seems to do its job and I haven't heard any complaints. The only thing she was concerned with was those little pressure relief buttons breaking but we haven't had trouble with that at this point.

Original review: March 10, 2015

** always has a great show, he is complete in his instruction! I will come again to watch his demonstrations and buy more products when I can!

Original review: March 10, 2015

Eating healthy is the main reason I decided to purchase cookware from Royal Prestige. I am very happy with my pans. I highly recommend them to anyone. I've owned my Royal Prestige cookware for about five years, and I keep adding every year. I've purchased the electric pan that can cook chicken, and that has a timer and surface temperature. I also have the other that can make stew. And I bought the grill. Everything's top of the line. The waterless cooking is excellent. We eat organic at my home because I'm a Celiac. I buy a lot of organic food and I really believe that it's excellent for your health.

Original review: March 9, 2015

Royal Prestige is great but I wish there was more specific instructional information on what makes it different and tips on how to do things more like more recipes. I got a little cookbook but it doesn't give all that much in it. Especially on the food processor thing, there are really no instructions on that, which I think is interesting. And also the Crock-Pot. It seems like they should put out more information on ways to use it.

Original review: March 9, 2015

We got one skillet from Royal Prestige Cookware and we love it. They're very honest people...they take care of business. There was an issue with the salesman that I dealt with where I told him we had a problem and he made one phone call, and I got free stuff in the mail from him. And there was the phone call from the Royal Prestige people -- an apology -- and they said, "Everything will be taken cared of. Is there anything else we can do for you?" I said, "No, thank you." I'm impressed. So, as far as I'm concerned, in what they do -- they're good at it. I bought another same cookware set from them -- that's how well I think of their cookware.

Original review: March 8, 2015

Royal Prestige is the best cookware I've ever used. We enjoy cooking with them. I had the other waterless cookware and the handles and the top of the pots had broken off, and I saw this other waterless cookware at the Kentucky State fair and got it and started trying it and bought more pieces. I also got the salad thing where it chops all the food up. I've had them for 4 years now and I like that they're easy to use, and that they cook and clean well.

Royal Prestige Cookware response
Theresa, Thank you for your review and it's great that our Royal Prestige Cookware is the best that you have ever used! Thank you for giving us your feed back, we appreciate it.

Original review: March 8, 2015

Overall I'm pretty happy, except that I noticed that I still get burning on the bottom even setting at the heat requirements that the rep has indicated. I bought the cookware because of the demonstration that was done at the fair, and the rep cooked vegetables after just rinsing with water and draining it up so this whole steam was cooking. So, I don't know if there's any way around that but that's the only thing I've really noticed bad: it's burning even on the bottom setting.

Original review: March 7, 2015

We got our Royal Prestige cookware this summer. So far, of the things that I have used, I like it. It’s easy to clean and cooks without water. I like the little separate pot that went with the electric base to cook. We also got their slicer type fixing our veggies with.

Original review: March 7, 2015

My friend who turned 90 today got a set of Royal Prestige when she first got married quite some time ago probably in the 40's and 50's. It's still in fairly good shape. I have a lot of friends that had it and I thought if it lasts that long, then I'm interested. I have the group cookware and the bakeware for five years now. My favorite part of it is the regulation of heat. In my family, they're already wondering who gets to keep it when I'm gone. Quality of cookware is excellent!

Original review: March 6, 2015

Went to a home improvement show and after watching the presentation the Royal Prestige salesman made we bought it. It is of very good quality and easy to clean.

Original review: March 5, 2015

I've been very pleased with this cookware. Being able to cook at lower temperatures helps with preparing many dishes we were hesitant to try before, such as making roux for Cajun dishes. The meals come out very flavorful and the cleanup is as easy as advertised.

Original review: March 4, 2015

I love Royal Prestige. I’ve had a very pleasant experience. The product is easy to clean, easy to maintain, and food comes out fabulous. It's a great product!

Original review: March 4, 2015

The rep was very kind and answered all of our questions in a way that was easy to understand. He asked what we needed and did not pressure us to buy pieces we didn't want, while still informing us of what is available. He was knowledgeable and easy to talk to.

Original review: March 4, 2015

We were pleasantly surprised and pleased with the presentation by Mr. **. We have looked for a long time for something special in cookware and came across his presentation at the Harrisburg, PA Garden Show. We learned how this cookware can help improve our health giving us better nutrition in the foods we choose to eat. Also how it is simpler to cook and less prep work, along with less stress in the kitchen. Thanks.

Original review: March 3, 2015

Our house was destroyed by fire last year and we needed to replace cookwares, so we bought some from Royal Prestige. We've had them for a year already but have been only used for 7 months since we've just moved into our new house. My wife likes them.

Original review: March 2, 2015

Saw Jamie ** at the Mpls convention center 3/1. on his demonstration of the cookware. I purchased 31 years ago. I do have some pieces that need to be exchanged and was reminded of the lifetime warranty.

Hello Monica,

Thank you for being a valued customer for over 30 years. We appreciate your feedback! You may contact our customer service department for warranty items at 800-279-3373.

Customer Care Team

Original review: March 2, 2015

Great product and company! Thanks again!

Original review: March 1, 2015

We are very happy with our cookware and with the demonstrations at the Minneapolis Home and Garden show.

Original review: March 1, 2015

I never had good set of pots and pans so when we redid our kitchen, I said I'm gonna have myself one. I love my Royal Prestige cookware. The handling doesn’t get hot and I like the way they cook. Excellent quality.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

I knew I had a 50 year warranty and thought the chances of it being honored were slim to none. Not only am I getting 2 pots replaced and a new handle on one, the service and friendliness I received was beyond anything I could have asked for. I recommend this awesome cookware to anyone interested. You can't go wrong. By the way I purchased my cookware in 1976. Never needed any repairs until now (2015).

Jill,
We're happy that enjoy your cookware and share your experience with others.
Our goal is to have customer's like you and to keep them happy with our service and our quality products.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

My family has had the older version Wearever for 3 generations. Now due to the help from Jamie **, I have a new dated set of cook options. Jamie was very helpful in making my selections due to my requirements and age. He made the initial recommendation and then during the years I have added onto my collection since I could not afford everything at one time. All of my orders have been processed and received in a very timely manner.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

I purchased the Signature set at last year's home show and returned to the demo that Jamie does again this year. I love his humor and the foods he cooks with the pans are great. He sells with great entertainment. I love my stainless pan set and look forward to many years of use with them. I would highly recommend them. I really like the lid design too. My old set the lids would seal to the pan when cooling and it was difficult to remove the lid without reheating the contents. With these lids, I just turn the steam knob on the lid and that's it!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

We were needing cookware, so we bought some Royal Prestige Cookware. We have it for about 5 months now and we recommend it.

Resolution response: March 31, 2015

Updated Experience - I received a call from an assigned distributor to my case, and would give the advice below to potential and future customers:

1. If you are signing the agreement as a couple or letting your future spouse sign individually, make sure you BOTH READ EVERYTHING regardless of who puts down the deposit. My fiance signed a completely separate agreement from me in a different corner of the room (line of credit) which caused the majority of my grief with this business (I only signed a simple deposit invoice and realized that he signed a LOC when it was too late). If you do not see the paper that asks for you or your future spouse's SSN as if you're filling out a credit card application, then ASK to see it because I guarantee you it is there and both parties need to read it thoroughly. One of you will be signing up for a LOC and/or the deposit invoice so be aware that there are TWO documents in motion. Hopefully in the future they will make couples see the document together before confirming everything - after all, two lives do become one after the wedding and you do not want the surprise of your spouse being in debt over the kitchenware while you believed that all you signed was an invoice asking for a deposit in prep for receiving the pans for the total amount owed.

2. If you do not pay for the kitchenware upfront (no one does unless you have $1.5K+) to put down at the demonstration, then you WILL be opening a line of credit with interest; just like a credit card. If you are okay with this, then fine. If you have other bills to pay (venue, vendors, rent/mortgage, childcare, car note, etc.), then seriously consider the kitchenware's worth to you while keeping your other payments and bills in mind. If you plan on paying the minimum $45 for 6 months /$90 a month until pay-off, then you are looking at a minimum of 2 YEARS' payment for the kitchenware -- and you will probably be married with a chance of kids by then.

3. There is NO such thing as trying the kitchenware out after the demonstration once you receive it in the mail. It is impossible. Again - it is impossible! If you are not satisfied with them after receiving them for whatever reason (unless a defect is detected), then too bad. You will not get a refund no matter what you do. Whomever signed the LOC MUST cancel the order within 3 days of signing at the demo or you are stuck with the kitchenware forever. For-ev-er.

4. Re-read number three. You must assess the kitchenware's worth to you based off of the rep selling them at the demonstration. The marketing to sell the kitchenware is very good, so be aware.

5. If all else above has failed you, or you did not get the chance to read this before your purchase, then cheer up! You will get to build your credit by owning these pans, have an active warranty as long as you pay the bill on time, and be able to possibly take an all-inclusive trip as a free gift (taxes, airfare, and fees DO apply). If you purchased the Complimentary Set, you will also find out as shown in the demo that they are cheaper than *some* kitchenware sets at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Overall, the positives of my phone conversation lead to 2 incentives to ease the pain of buying the kitchenware. What I am still highly interested in is the kitchenware proving its worth over time. They are simply not worth what they were made out to be; at least to me. This is my main reason for the complaining, multiple calls, disgust, poor ratings; everything. If these pans were the work of angels like they were presented, I would not mind the cost of them. I watched the DVD that it came with and went through all the instructions that I could find, and still believe that my old pans are just as good (or dare I say better) than Royal Prestige's Cookware. They all work the same to me except for the quirky fact that their pots whistle! Until I see the day that these pans earn "royal" status, then I will continue to look at them in terror and disdain when I open up my kitchen cabinets.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

If something is to good to be true then almost always it is! My fiance and I were invited to a demonstration under the sketchy name "Dinner4Two" at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Lafayette, Indiana on February 5th, 2015. The invitation explained how we would be compensated for our time by gifting participants these very cheap, Tungsten rings by a company named JVL Jewelry (we already had rings) or a not-so-inclusive, all-inclusive 2 night resort vacation under several conditions (i.e. it's not free). The demonstrator was very nonchalant and exhausted from the poor souls before our group in which they all purchased the cookware.

Although Dinner4Two/Kitchen Charm/Royal Prestige/Hy Cite Corporation (all the names they operate under) had a great demonstration, it was well forged and we all felt highly pressured to buy due to scare tactics. To make the deal even sweeter, they "threw in" a bakery set along with the pots; but let's be real -- who supposedly throws in alleged cookware worth a thousand plus dollars for "free"? In the end, my fiance and I were the only idiots to buy during our session and I told him that we should cancel. Still star-struck by the pans and after reading through our contract that does NOT indicate that the consumer is not allowed to return, we trusted that since the company relied so much on quality and satisfaction that they would let us send them back (I even asked our demonstrator about returning them and he ignored me).

After only 3 uses on each complimentary set pan (except the mini one), I have found these pans to stain very easily, cook like my other pans, and are far from extraordinary! The only other items that me and my fiance have used are the 2 knives that you can buy on Amazon for a few dollars, the wooden cutting board, and the potato masher. Today (2/27) I called Hy Cite Corporation at 845-497-7726 and spoke to a male representative who told me that I only had 3 business days to cancel, something that is not stated on the original contract. I asked him to transfer me to legal because obviously he was going to wind me in circles, but he transferred me to a woman saying that there was no legal department.

After extensively reading through the company's countless bad reviews for a second time today, I decided to take matters into my own hands and have started filling out a consumer complaint which will directly go to the Attorney General of Indiana. To make sure that I am covered on both ends, I am also in the process of hiring a consumer fraud lawyer. I will not stand for this and WILL GET MY MONEY BACK. I feel victimized as a college student, soon-to-be wife and mother, and young professional who does not want to start her life off in bad financial strains. If a state settlement has to be made (just like the one in California), then so be it. I am not backing down and will post this on every single site that bears the company's multiple names.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

The demonstrator was thorough and courteous in answering all of our questions. We had purchased a set of cookware two years ago and we were attending the presentation as a refresher. The presentor had worked for the company for twenty years.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

It's not as spectacular as it seemed during the presentation once I owned it. It’s a fine cookware but overpriced. However, I like their customer service. They were prompt at replacing several pieces that I broke and that was really nice.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

I made a purchase from this company in December. The salesperson gave a set price on the item and when asked about interest, stated that it was all included. Paperwork was completely rushed with no time to look over everything. The salesperson also stated that customer service is available 24 hours a day, that he can personally be reached at all times as well. First problem: I never received my items until about two months after making my purchase. Each time I called the 24 hours customer service to see where my items are, they told me I have to contact the person who sold it merchandise to me and gives me a phone number that never gets answered or calls back when left a voicemail. I get the merchandise about the same time as I get the second bill to see the "set price" has risen drastically even though I have made my correct payments.

Call customer service again and once again are of no use, they tell me it doesn't matter what their salesperson says, the contract states there is interest accumulated every month and that it is all nonrefundable (we hadn't even opened the boxes yet!). They tell me to call another number which transfers me to the same agent who then just hangs up on me. I still have not unpacked the boxes to comment on the quality of the merchandise but from my experience so far, this company is not trustworthy nor would I ever recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

I brought the two small pans in because handles were disintegrating. Bought them back around 1975 (?). They originally tried to replace the handles; however, it was not going to work so they ordered two new ones to replace my old ones. Were very helpful and did not hesitate to follow through about ordering new ones when it was clear they couldn't fix them. When I bought them, I never thought I would be replacing them 40 some years later. :) Have loved them and have only bought a couple small coated fry pans a couple years ago.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

I've owned Royal Prestige for five years and I like how it cooks. I love all of the items that I got from them - all of very good quality. But I had some difficulty with some of the pans and they did the recall. I got the recall pans back and it has a little tampered valve on the side and I've had a couple of pans blow that valve right out and hot steam came out. That made me very upset. I was just glad there weren't any grandkids around when that happened because it blew steam out for about almost 2 feet.

I mentioned this to one of the representatives and he gave me an 800 number to call about that. But I'm a little tentative with these because I don't want to use them around the family in case I had some built up moisture in there while cooking. They bore a hole in it and put that plug in it but when you go to wash the pan the plug comes out, it gets some moisture in there and it blows it out when you go to cook. It's a hazard. I don't want this around kids. They were good pans until this happened.

Vickie,

One of our Customer Care representatives will be in contact with you within the next 48 hours.

The Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

I have used waterless cookware for 33 years and wouldn't use anything else. Never had to replace it. My parents bought us a set for our first Christmas as a married couple and the pans have never worn out. I love healthy cooking.

Royal Prestige Cookware Company Information