Servicing New York City & Long Island

4.6/5 (463 ratings)

About Rollup Awnings

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We redid a new deck and we had an old, metal awning from the original owners. We needed a cover but we didn't want to do metal. So we decided to go with Rollup Awnings since we could take it up and down. Their fabric choices were great and the fabric that we got didn't rip. The guys that came were nice, too. One time, the awning broke and was left open. It was in the middle of the night and it was pouring rain so we didn't see it. We went to shut it but it didn't shut all that way. We called Rollup Awnings and told them about it. The woman on the phone told us that it would be taken care of. We waited for them to call and we kept calling them back, but they didn't call for over a week later. Also, they didn't do the awning until after the July party that we had. They told us that they have been busy, but we didn't buy that.

That unfortunate situation put us in a jam at the party. We had people in their 70's and 80's that came and they usually sat on the deck since the awning covered it. So we had 85 to 95 people and we needed that awning. Instead, we went to borrow umbrellas from others. So Rollup Awning's product and craftsmanship of putting it up were all good. But their follow up was terrible and they should not promise a customer something if they couldn't deliver. And when we left them messages, they didn't call back for three days, which was unacceptable. They need more people in their office. If they don't have enough guys to do servicing, they need pick employees during a busy time. We recommended them before but we wouldn't recommend them ever again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We had always had a portable gazebo on our patio. It had gotten quite well-used and we had to replace that so we bought a standard size awning from Rollup Awnings instead and use it as shade while we were outside in the summertime. We had a very nice purchasing experience with them and everything went very well. The people in the office were extremely nice and helpful, and the people that installed it were also very good. I would definitely go back to their company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

When we purchased our home, there was already an awning there. After a couple years, it stopped working so we tried to get it fixed and realized it was easier to replace it. Rollup Awnings was the only provider in our area so we had them come and they were able to choose the fabric for us that would fit. We had a good experience and everything was great.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I bought many years ago an awning from Rollup Awnings and I'm pleased with it. We have a double porch and we put an additional awning on the second half of the porch as well. We liked the person who came and he was knowledgeable. He talked about cleaning the old awning since it was dirty, and they cleaned it too. We wanted a new awning to match the old one and the pattern wasn't being manufactured anymore, but he was able to find some leftover piece so that we were able to match the two awnings. We were very pleased that he went the extra mile and found it for us. The awnings provide shade and we use it all the time when it's sunny. Sometimes, even when we are not outside, we still use it because it shades the house and we don't have to use our air conditioner as much.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I had a contractor put up my awning about 20 years ago but after all that time, the fabric became shabby so I had to replace that and Rollup Awnings was great. They came when they were supposed to and were on time to take it down for me to choose. And they also came on time to install it. They were helpful and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We’ve had our Rollup awning for 14 years now and we have recommended it over the years to others. It has been replaced at least once and we always called any time we had a problem and they came and fixed it. Everything is okay with our awning and we use it a lot. It’s a very nice thing to have and our friends enjoy it as much as we do on a sunny day.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We had put a new deck on right at the back of my house and an awning looks nice on it. My husband passed the Rollup Awnings store a few times on Long Beach Road and someone else told him that they used them. I only dealt with one gentleman and then there was the work crew that came in and installed it. Everything went fine. They had explained to me to make sure I leave it out when it’s really hot out. And when it’s cold out, bring it in because when it is left out it actually reduces the temperature inside. I absolutely love my awning and it was worth the investment. Even if it was expensive, it's better than to continually buy an umbrella that constantly breaks. The awning is in great shape and I’ve never had to call them to come and repair anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Rollup Awnings sent a flyer offering to restore my awning if it was bought 10 years ago. Since I had originally used them 10 years ago and although there wasn’t much wrong with it yet, I got it restored. The whole thing was as easy as it could be. Moreover, they knew what they were doing. They came, measured the awning and took it down. Then I selected one from their large selection of patterns. About a week later, I had a new awning. My deck is on the west side, so the awning is perfect and I love it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Ten years ago, we got tired of the umbrella over the picnic table on the back deck so we decided with the grandkids that we wanted the awning off the house instead. Rollup Awnings came out, gave us an estimate, took measurements and gave us a choice of colors and sizes. We picked the one that we liked and as far as the pattern goes, it was a cooler pattern that comes out and we went with it.

The awning had gotten weathered over the years. Rollup Awning was very helpful especially when I called about having the awning redone again. They came back about before the last summer. They were out here within a couple of days. It took a few days for them to redo the whole thing and upgrade it, and come back and install it again. We had a wind vane on it that we set so that if the wind gets too heavy, the awning will roll up by itself. We also have a remote roll-out and roll-in on it. It's electric. We use it every day in the summertime. Our backyard faces east so every morning before my wife goes to work during the summer, that awning comes down. It stays down until the afternoon when the sun has moved off to the west and now we've got a shadow of the house. We've told a couple of our friends about Rollup Awnings and my cousin has done it as well.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

When we first moved in 25 years ago, Rollup Awnings contacted me and they had a fast response. They were very courteous, professional, and they had a decent pricing. We reached out to them again recently to refurbish the awning and someone came over within a couple of days, went through the complete process, and brought materials with him to pick out. And then, they took the old awning and brought it back completely refurbished with the new materials. Everything was perfection. Rollup Awnings expedited everything in time frames. We use it daily in the summertime because it blocks the sun coming in through the sliding glass doors and we also eat out there at nighttime during the summer on the deck. It was was pure satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Rollup Awnings did an awning for me about 10 years ago, and it lasted so long. I had them replace it with a new fabric because I changed the color scheme of my house, and they did a good job. Their team was very professional and courteous. They were prompt and they did everything that they said they were going to do. The awning works perfectly. When we’re in direct sunlight, it shades us. Rollup Awnings sell high-quality products. They also do what they say they’re going to do and when they say they’re going to be there, they’ll be there.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

When my wife moved into this house, there was a Rollup Awning in place. The awning was electronic and we kept that. The fabric wore out so we wanted to get another one. It was split and it looked ratty. I had somebody from Rollup Awning come over and they gave us a quote to replace the material part. They explained the time frame and they said that the awning that rolls out is attached to a piece which is also attached to the home. They told us everything was okay and the only thing that needs to be replaced was the fabric. A couple of weeks later, they came over and put up the new awning but there were a couple of things that were a bit sketchy. One side of the material was a little darker than the other. It also repelled water differently than the other side. So, it looked like there were two pieces that were stitched together and they were from different fabrics both in color and in functionality.

We also were having some work done in our home and the gentleman fixing the deck right above the awning told us, “Your awning is hanging down. It’s not sitting right.” So, we looked at it and the awning was like going to fall off the side of the house. I called up to see what could be done since we just got this. Rollup Awnings told us we had to buy a new backing which certainly didn’t make me happy because it seemed like everything was okay and they’re heavy. Anne, the rep, told me that the backing was done when the awning was first put up in the house. The way it was described to me was that the wood plank that’s behind it was broken.

In the beginning, our interaction with the team was pretty cool but after that, I was not pleased because when I called up about the difference in the fabric and about the thing hanging, the guy told me to take pictures and send it to them. When I sent the pictures over, it was very clear that both sides were ripping away from the house and it was coming down. I never heard anything back and I called again and asked for the guy. I ended up getting pushed over to Anne and that’s when she explained to me that we had to buy a new part.

Rollup Awnings make a good product but it’s expensive. When we started to look at reviews of various companies and our neighbor mentioned somebody else, some of the reviews I read for that were horrible. So, we figured we’d go back to the company that we had the product with. But, I would like for Rollup Awnings to be a little better throughout the process. They could have handled the issue differently.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

When we first moved into the development here, we had a patio in the back and we wanted to put something up there. We looked up Rollup Awnings, found them in the book, called them and got good service out of them. This past year, I had the rollup re-covered after 19 years. The awning itself was still good, but the seams of the canvas of the rollup were starting to come apart. The crew that took it down was very good, so I asked to have them again. They reworked everything and put it back up with a new canvas on. We’ve had good experience with Rollup Awnings and we use the rollup practically every day during the summer. We have a table and some chairs out there and the afternoon sun is high, so we need the shade in July and August.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My deck is very hot. I got an awning about seven years ago and recently, I refurbished. I got the service from Rollup Awnings for my existing awning. My interaction with their team was good. They got it done when they said they were going to and it was timely.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I have two awnings. I have one for years that aged, so I got a new one this summer. I always wanted to get an awning, but I couldn’t afford it because I have 5 kids and I was a single parent so after I retired, I was checking one day and was looking at the price and the type of fabric they had, and the lady was very nice. I was just getting information, and she was patient. Then a week after, I went back and signed up and they came and they measured. Rollup Awnings allows you to choose whatever fabric you want. They also give you different pieces so you can decide on what color you want, and whether you want a plain color or you want stripes. The installers were very nice and they did their job. Everything went beautifully.

The patio that I have does not have a cover. It is a plain patio so that was one of the reasons why I took the rollup one. I can put out the amount of slit I want or if I don’t feel like putting it out one day because it’s cold, I can retract it myself. I also make sure that I roll up my awning if the radio forecasts any high wind. It’s a small piece, so my son takes it out for me and puts it in the garage. I have been extremely satisfied with Rollup Awnings and I recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We used to have a table in the back with an umbrella on it. When the grandkids came over, the deck was burning their feet, so we decided to go with the awning. Rollup Awnings was the only one I saw at the time. They came over and gave us an estimate. We're a little disappointed in the mounting but it was not their fault. We've had this awning for 10 years now and we also have the remote for the roll up and roll down. We had a water issue one time, where it leaked behind. So, the awning had to be taken down and put it back up again. I'd recommend Rollup Awnings to others. The experience with them was fine and we're very satisfied with their product.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We have a new deck at the backyard and the sun is beating right down on it, so we got a new awning. Rollup Awnings was the best one around. They were nice and understanding. They took their time, sat down with me, and explained everything. They didn't apply any pressure. They have the most updated equipment so we bought a good unit. It was almost $5000. The only competition was SunSetter, but we decided to go with the way we went and we're not sorry for it yet. The deck is 16 feet wide and the awning covers it from side to side. It was a good move. The awning is really nice. It's on a remote. It's also easy to store in the winter. You don't have to take it off and put it in the garage anywhere.

We had it opened one day and it was windy. I called them up and told them it looked like it needed an adjustment from the wind. They came over and told me, "When you first install it, you have to wait two weeks for it to settle." I told them nobody ever told me that and that it shouldn't be like that. It's either it's good to go or there's a problem. They understood and they repaired it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Rollup Awnings put the awning in our home over 20 years ago. I went with them because they're here in Holbrook. They’re very nice people, too. Everything was fine and it lasted for about 12 years. This new purchase is my second one. I'm calling them again because it's time to shut this thing down so it's nice and tight for the winter. I also need an adjustment. Overall, my experience with Rollup Awnings was very good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I asked for some information on a couple of different companies by mail, but I liked the quality of the construction of Rollup Awning so I had them install a brand new awning. I had a neighbor who had a different brand of awning put up. It looked very nice, but when I went to look at it, it seemed it seemed a little bit flimsy. So I went to the Rollup Awning Showroom and looked up there. Though it's a lot more money, the gauge of the metal and the gauge of the fabric seemed to be a lot more substantial.

The sales part of it was good, but not great. I had one meeting with the sales person at their office then he came to the house. Those meetings were good, but I have never heard from the guy again in terms of follow up from the installation. I expected some kind of a follow up from them as to how it went. Other than that, I've been satisfied. They're a very professional company. They have a good process and provided a fair service after the sale.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I'm very pleased with the quality of their product. I had to replace it last year, but I had it for about eight years. Everything went well with Rollup Awnings. They're all very nice and helpful. They're excellent.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We've had our first awning for about 10 years, but I wasn't happy because the seams started to rip open. The summers are so short here. I don't use it everyday and I don't put it out when it's raining. It's closed off when it's snowing. I don't get usage like I would if I lived in California or Florid, so I was a little upset that the seams had split open. I just had a new canvass put on this year by Rollup Awnings, and we're happy. They have a good product and I would recommend them. I just hope the seams don't split open soon.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

There was an ad in the paper for awnings and I’ve been considering it for a long time. I needed an awning and I liked the idea with the motorized awning so I got Rollup Awnings. I had one in my last house and I used them again. When it’s very sunny out in the morning and I’m in the kitchen in the last house, I opened it up just enough so it made it shady in the house.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The salesman was excellent. He explained everything very briefly and answered all the questions that needed to be answered. It was the major factor why we decided to go with Rollup Awnings. Our new awning looks like there's too much space between the unit and the roof and it's probably too high, but it looks pretty sturdy and solid and better quality than the other.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I went directly to Rollup Awnings because of their years in business. I did a little comparison and their price was better. Their service was also better. They responded quickly. Once the order was placed, they were able to deliver on time. I've had three awnings from them because I've been with them for about 20 years. They last between 7 to 10 years and the quality is excellent. We call them out for repairs and maintenance and they send someone over within days. They make suggestions, too. I recommended Rollup Awnings to some of my other neighbors.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I've always wanted an awning but I didn’t think I could have it because of the pitch of the roof and we have a hi-ranch. But we went over to a friend’s house and he had a different house, a ranch, and the way they mounted the awning on the roof made me think that we might be able to do that. My friend told me where he bought it, I went over there and talked to the salesman. The next day, my husband and I went back and the rep demonstrated to us what he had and what materials they used, and we were sold.

The purchasing process was easy and the people were very nice. They explained what they were going to do, they came and measured, and off we went. They did well in addressing the slope of the roof issue. They had these plastics that they put on your roof which makes it higher and it gives it a pitch, not 100% of what you have if it was a regular house. But they did a good job because we have a deck that’s upstairs and we put it on there.

We bought the Rollup Awnings in September at the end of season sale when you always get a little break with what materials they have leftover, and I was extremely happy. We didn’t use the awning all that often because it was late in the season, but we loved it. Next summer, it’ll be a lot more comfortable when the sun comes up and you tend not to want to sit in the sun. The awning will give us a lot more time and we’ll be able to enjoy the deck. It was a great experience with Rollup Awnings and I was completely satisfied from beginning to end.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My friend used Rollup Awnings and we also had a good experience with them. We had a new deck done and we needed something over it. We got the motor and a crank. Their quality is better than the others as well. They came and finished when they’re supposed to. They lived up to whatever they said. They did a nice job.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I wanted to enjoy my backyard and my garden more so I got the awning installed. I opted for Rollup Awnings since they were a local business. I called them and someone came out within a day or two. We talked about different options. I placed my order, and they were out. It was a pretty simple purchasing process. They came back two weeks later and put it up. The installation team was on time and they showed us how to use the awning. They cleaned up after themselves and it was like they were never there. The experience was painless. The awning is a really beautiful product. They showed me the motor and how well-made it was and I’m very happy with it. I can be in my garden more because it's not as hot with the awning there, and even if there’s light rain, I can still go out there with a few friends and have a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with them. It's a nice extension of my home. I would definitely recommend Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've had Rollup Awnings before at my old house and they are the people I knew I was going to use when I moved into my new home. I called and ordered awnings for the top of my deck to shade from the sun. They sent somebody here for measurements and to pick out the type of material and pattern that I wanted. Within 10 days it was done. I got the motorized roll ups that can withstand a certain amount of wind. The representatives and the installation team that came out were great. They were knowledgeable, friendly, neat and clean.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My wife and I had been looking for something for the back deck. We put up a little umbrella in the stand to stop the sun from shining into the kitchen, and it didn't work, so we decided that we needed a roll up awning and looked into it. We got a Rollup Awnings ad, looked into the company and their product looked better and stronger than the other brands I also looked at and I live down in the water. Rollup had the best value for the money around and John, the rep, was very knowledgeable. He showed us samples and we went to the routine.

We took advantage of some rebates available at the time and got a basic awning, but we got the electric opening rather than the manual one and it's been holding up since we got it. The installers were very quick. I knew what they were doing, and they did a magnificent job of cleaning up. I'm very happy with how great my experience turned out and with the inflation and the sales process. The awning is now shielding the kitchen from the glare and heat of the sun and I'm very happy.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I knew about Rollup Awnings from friends of ours. The convenience of how the awning was made and how it hit everything were the reasons I chose them. Plus, it looked a lot nicer than some of the other places we went to and the price was right. I had an old awning that was serviced, but it needed to be replaced. It wasn't going out anymore, so I got a couple of estimates. I liked what Rollup had to offer and I purchased it from them. Rollup did a great job and it's motorized now.

Rollup Awnings Company Information