Servicing New York City & Long Island

4.6/5 (463 ratings)

About Rollup Awnings

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2012

We hired Rollup to install their storm shutters. After work commenced, we decided to add electric motors instead of the manual cranks to operate the shutters. Since the job just started, it was the perfect time to tell them. They insisted on finishing the job without the motors, riveting in, and sealing up the enclosures, getting paid in full, and then signing a new contract for adding the motors, and having to rip apart the just completed job at additional cost to make the change. We went to court when I wouldn't pay them until the job was done the way we wanted it. Since there was no reason for their inflexibility, the judge agreed with us and made them finish the job prior to getting paid.

Then, some time later, during a windstorm, part of the aluminum enclosure blew off and was now bent and one of the shutters fell off the spool on top. It must have been poorly installed. We called Rollup for the repair. They said that they no longer used the shutter that we had, and advised us that the new model shutter was now three times the price. The owner, Ray Braun, came to look at the repair but never called us back with a price. When we followed up with him, he said that he didn't call us with the repair cost because we had "a sordid past with the company" and that he wasn't going to repair his poor workmanship. He knew us prior to looking at the repair but only wanted to do the job if we were willing to be ripped off for an entirely new job at three times the price. My advice to anyone considering doing business with that company or its management is to think twice, or proceed at your own risk!

Rollup Awnings response

We at Rollup are very concerned when we hear a customer is not 100% satisfied. Please call the office at your earliest convenience. We would like to rectify the situation and make sure your experience with Rollup in only a positive one!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2012

I was trying to get some service from them as my awning was malfunctioning and would not stay open. Everything I said was turned around as it being my fault as to void any possible warranty issue. I called and set up an appointment, which I was told would cost $194 charge just for evaluating the problem. It was set for after 3pm Friday, 7/27, and they came earlier when I was not home. They then said it was how my electrician wired it and would come back on Monday. When the lady Fran got on the phone, I asked her if she made the original appointment and if she remembered telling me they would come by after 3. Her snide remark back was, "Well, if I did, I don't remember." She then said, "Don't yell at me," and hung up the phone on me. When I called back, the guy got on and said, "Listen, you **. Don't you abuse the women here," and then kept telling me to shut the ** up about 10 times. They never showed up that Monday. I took the day off from work to see them. You don't want to do business with these unsophisticated, low class animals.

Original review: July 21, 2012

I paid a deposit of $1095. They were overdue on my installation date, and they could not provide me with a delivery window other than 12 to 5, despite their assurances when selling the awning that they would work with me. When I complained about this, a woman named Fran was extremely nasty and actually hung up the phone on me. Don't use them!

Rollup Awnings response

We apologize that you encountered issues with our scheduling and installation department. We do offer a 4 hour window to our customer's for their installation. Our customer's satisfaction is of the utmost importance to Rollup Awnings. We always try hard to work around our costumer's schedules. We hope you are enjoying your awning and again apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered.

Original review: May 21, 2012

I was in my first full season with this awning, a beautiful summer day where a gust of wind came out of nowhere and pulled the awning away from the house on the right side. I called for a repair and spoke with a "mean as a snake" woman. She said it would be $125 to come look. I did agree. The men were here not five minutes and stated that a new 2 x 8 would have to be installed - price $1200. This is outrageous. I believe the awning was never attached correctly to begin with but how do you prove it unless you open the wall from inside. It is a beautiful looking awning but in reality is a piece of junk. This cost me $4000 and now they want $1200 to repair. What a shame!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2011

I called Roll Awning to come down and repair my awning (I bought from them in 2003) which was collapsing. They took a look and then told me that they would have to take down the awning and remove the board that supports the awning. The price was $1,200! I understand there is a labor cost to take down the awning, but the materials for a new board can't be more than $20. This is a complete ripoff on the customer.

Original review: May 16, 2010

In 2008, I hired Rollup to supply and install a roll up awning. Approximately 2 weeks ago, my neighbor rolled out the awning, placed a pizza on the table, a gust of wind ripped the awning from the brackets. My neighbor barely made it out from under the awning before being harmed. I called Rollup and spoke to Irma. I explained that this was a serious situation in that someone almost got physically hurt due to no neglect on our part. Irma explained that there were no servicemen that she could send out, that I was to call her on Monday. I called on Monday and was told I would have to pay a $99 travel charge and $180 labor fee. I would like to know where she obtained the labor fee from without seeing the details.

In an effort to repair the awning, I said OK and they sent two servicemen to my home. They proceeded to ask for $99, at which time I said I would send it at a later date. The two servicemen walked in my yard, looked at the broken brackets and proceeded to leave. This took all of about 10 minutes. On Tuesday, I called Murray and he informed me that it would cost me $60 per bracket (3) and $65 for the crank arm plus $180 in labor. My dilemma is why didn't Rollup realize that this accident could have been a lot worse and that, due to no fault of my own, they should repair and replace the parts free of charge? Also, if you look at their website, it says the brackets are made of stainless steel. I have one of the broken brackets and it's an aluminum alloy.

Murray said we should not have opened the awning since it was windy. A gust of wind can occur anytime during the day. Is he kidding? I have the broken bracket if you would like me to send it to you. I also have an invoice from Rollup for $303 for the servicemen to come to my home. I absolutely refuse to pay this. Perhaps Rollup is waiting for a disaster such as a death or injury from another awning they have installed. Please help me resolve this.

Rollup Awnings Company Information