Servicing New York City & Long Island

4.6/5 (463 ratings)

About Rollup Awnings

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

We needed something to give us additional space in the backyard. We looked at several options and decided on Rollup Awnings. We got the more powerful motor and we're very, very happy. We get the sun in the backyard beating on our sliding glass door all morning and up to about 12:30 or 1 o'clock. We have central air conditioning and it made our downstairs at least 5 or more degrees hotter, warmer and you couldn't open the blinds up because the sun would just beat in. So this has made a tremendous difference. My husband sits out there in the morning and puts the awning down. He has his cup of coffee when he has a day off. It does very much add to our living space and we're very happy with it. They have excellent reputation, exceptional product and staff willing to work with.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of Rollup Awnings. We are so happy to hear your experiencing not only the extended outdoor living space but the reduction of the heat in your home. A Rollup Awning will help lower your electric bill and ultimately pay for itself with the reduction in your Air Conditioning costs. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and appreciate you letting us know we are living up to high standards!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2014

Rollup Awnings was just right around the corner from my house. I moved in to this house about a year ago, and decided to purchase an awning. I told them what I wanted, they gave it to me, and I liked it. I love to sit out on the porch in the rain while reading. With the awning, I don’t have to go back inside, and that’s my number one purpose for it. Everything has been good, so far. The team at Rollup Awnings was fantastic. I’ve had no issue with them, except for the electrician who came a day late. I had a wedding to go to that day, so there was a little 12-hour issue. It would have been nicer if the awning was already there when I got back.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so pleased when a member of our community chooses a local business like ours. We apologize for any issue you had with the electrician we recommend. We will make sure to discuss this delay with him and assure you we take any inconvenience for our customers very seriously. We are more than pleased to hear your experience with our team was a good one. Thank you again for choosing Rollup!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2014

I've done a couple of houses with Rollup Awnings. I used them to block the sun and the rain and they are very good for me. They've held up and I am pleased. It was a great experience. The installer came on time, installed - did well, and they were courteous.

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Sept. 23, 2014

There was a Rollup Awning existing when I bought the home. I contacted them to replace the canvas material on it. But after our discussion, it turned out that it made more sense to replace the entire awning. From the original awning that was here versus the new awning that we ended up buying, we did get several upgrades. We have a western exposure so any time we use the patio and the atheneum, the awning is out to keep out the sunshine. I was very satisfied with the product, the salespeople and the installation people. It's a reliable company with a quality product.

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

My neighbor had used Rollup Awnings and I liked the way it looked. I picked out a color that would match the house and the patio and it was lovely. They were wonderful and we were very pleased with what we chose. I use it every day when the sun comes into my backyard, if I have company and if I'm here. Whenever I'm home and it's sunny out, I open it. The mechanics is just very superior compared to everything else that my husband and I saw.

Rollup Awnings response

We at Rollup truly appreciate your patronage. We know you have many choices when it comes to a retractable awning. Thank you for choosing Rollup!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2014

Every time I've dealt with Rollup Awnings, it's been very, very good and very easy. They do the measurements, do their job and it's put in for you. I've never had a problem with them. I've only been dealing with them for about five or six years but everything that they've done for me, I've been very happy with.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We know as a contractor you have many choices to meet the awning needs of your customers. We are so happy you chose Rollup over and over again for quality and service!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

I was very, very happy with Rollup Awnings. They were very professional, very easy to deal with and did a great job. They were a neighborhood company, so I catch their shows a few times. I went to about four other companies to see what other people had and what their pricing was. Rollup had the best product and it also had the best price. I had an awning once before in my other house and we enjoyed using it. The new awning that we got is motorized and we had a choice of fabrics and different kinds of trimmings to go with it. One day we were sitting out in the back and one of the neighbors came by and commented on how nice it was.

Also our interactions with the team at Rollup Awnings were great. They came when they were supposed to. The initial salesman who came was very professional and easy to deal with, everything he promised I've had. And the workers, the installers, were good. They came, they installed, they asked me exactly where I wanted it placed, and I was very happy with it. They were really easy to deal with and they had superior product over all the competition. I even went out to some other counties and looked at places, and they have the best product and the best price. After dealing with them, if I had to do it again, I would use them again. I wouldn't even bother going anywhere else.

Rollup Awnings response

We are so happy to hear that after shopping around you chose Rollup! It is a the best Awning system and you will enjoy many years under your Rollup Awning. Your positive experience with our staff let's us know we are doing our job. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2014

My experience with Rollup Awnings was very good. I have a beautiful awning and I'm very satisfied. They came and did a great job, came when they said they were supposed to come, and they did what they said they were going to do.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! Your patronage is truly appreciated!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2014

I researched several companies selling awnings and selected Rollup Awnings. The product is very well made with top of the shelf materials. It is costly compared to other inferior awnings on the market, but you get what you pay for. My salesman Tony was very frank in describing the product and how it worked. He described in detail how it would be installed. I asked a lot of questions and was satisfied the product would work for me, including installation on my house. The installers showed up on time and did a very good job securing awning to the wall. The electrician showed up same day and did an excellent job as well. I do recommend this company because it is a local LI company who sells a great quality product.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy life to let us know how we are doing. We are so happy to hear how satisfied you are with our service, installation and product. Customers like you are why we are still in business after 35 years. We pride ourselves on being a local, Long Island, family owned and operated business. Enjoy your awning and the rest of your summer under it!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

The house I bought already had the awning installed and I needed a new one. Initially speaking with the front office people, there was one person that wasn’t very friendly or helpful. And then when the team came out, there were a few little glitches but then it was made right. I think maybe because the owners had changed in between, maybe that’s what made the difference. But it was put up, it looks good, it works. The salesman was very nice. The team was very nice.

The first awning we had, the motor lasted a really long time and it was still working but the cloth had kind of faded and needed repair. So far, there hasn’t been any problems. I just worry down the line if the motor goes or something, if it’s going to be as well built as the other one. For now, I have no concerns.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We apologize that your first telephone interaction with one of our employees was anything less than wonderful. We never want to hear that someone working at Rollup was not friendly or helpful. On a positive note it is great to hear that your experiences with our salesman and installation team were both good. As for the quality of your first awning compared to your new Rollup Awning, I assure you that you will not be disappointed. Our product was designed and engineered to be of the highest quality. Our patented Awning System is the Mercedes of Awnings. We are the manufacturer and our quality control is very strict. Rollup Awnings are built to last. When you are dealing directly with the manufacturer there is no middle men. We have been servicing Long Island's awning needs for over 35 years. If you ever need us we will be here! Thanks again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

We bought a condo and I needed some shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings has the best product out there. We had it exceed the depth. We had scalloped ends, special roof mounts and it's a beautiful product. I use my awning every single day. We have barbecues and we entertain out there. We use it all the time. We get up in the morning, leave it out, and I take it in at night. The product is a 10 and dealing with them is a 1. They have one person over there that I refuse to speak to **, who I think is one of the owners. There's one guy named Judd who is absolutely cooperative and nice. He is the only person to deal with over there. And he hears it all the time from clients. They got the worst reputation for personality on Long Island when it comes to awnings, and it's not just me. But I think what a lot of people overlook is the product is the best. People don't want to deal with them.

The only one to speak to over there is Judd. I'm not saying every answer you get from him you're going to like but he's polite, courteous, and very professional. As a matter of fact, my neighbor just bought an awning a couple of months ago from them. He doesn't even want to call them. He doesn't even want to deal with them. Everybody in this condo community who has used them has had the same experience. I used four of their awnings on the $40 million house I built in Southampton, and the product is great. Dealing with them is bad.

Rollup Awnings response
We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We sincerely apologize that you ever had a less than positive experience with our staff. Your concerns about the personalities of our employees has definitely been addressed. Thank you for letting the public know about our superior product but as we all know customer service is just as important as a quality product.If you ever need service please make sure you deal with myself or Judd. Your business and your recommendations are very important to us. As you may or may not know Rollup is under new management including myself and Judd. We have made the necessary changes to make sure every one of our customers receives the best treatment. Please tell your neighbor to call and speak with myself or Judd and he will have nothing but a positive experience. Thanks again,

Allyson

Original review: July 31, 2014

I got hurricane shutters from Rollup Awnings. There was confusion between the father and the other son who worked here. Thank god, there was another son that came into the picture to put it together. I still didn't see these things working but it's okay. I'm staying with it at this time.

Rollup Awnings response

Hello. Thank you for your review. Please call the office at your earliest convenience to speak with Judd. We would like to make sure your shutters are working properly. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Management.

Original review: July 28, 2014

We designed the awning to be 20 foot by 10 foot and it's electric. And it was a 10-year fabric warranty. I'd recommend them.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for all of your wonderful feedback!

Original review: July 25, 2014

My husband had been researching but he knew of Rollup Awnings because they were based on Long Island. He made an appointment for the guy to come and liked everything that the representative told us. We had one of those carport tents for many years and decided we should get something that was more permanent but that could also come back in. We got the standard one. We have the motor, we have not the crank one. The wind sensor is on it and we picked the fabric.

We really had no problems with them at all and we're happy with our purchase. The only thing that I wasn't happy with was that the salesperson told us that the electric was separate and it would run us about $150 and so that was what we were expecting but when the electric people came, they charged us $300 plus. We were surprised and a little bit unhappy. Otherwise, we love it so far. We've had a really good experience with it. We use it all the time. We have a pool in the yard so the kids are out there all the time. My husband was doing work the other day in the backyard on the deck and he used it to keep himself under the shade while he was working out there. My dogs are out there so if it's too hot we put it out for the dogs so they can sit under the awning. It's just been great.

Original review: July 21, 2014

I purchase a rollup awning in May 2009. About a week after the install, I noticed that the awning was not level when extended. So I called, and a short time later two technicians arrived when I was not home and adjusted the awning. When I arrived home that night from work, I noticed that they never placed the lock washer on the bolt on one side of the unit.

I was a victim of hurricane sandy. The unit was not opened for two years until the power was restored to the unit and my life was back to normal. When I opened the unit I noticed that the awning was again not level, nothing to do with sandy. I called the customer service and a woman told me she had no idea when but someone would call. I inquired about the cost of the repair and was told that it would be $219 dollars. I know that the cause of the problem was a direct result of the installer not placing the lock washer on the one side. I feel that the price is way too high for a problem caused by incompetent installers. I would never recommend anyone buy one of these units due to the customer service.

Rollup Awnings response

We are truly sorry to hear when any of our customer's or fellow Long Islander's were victims of Hurricane Sandy. Long Island sustained so much damage. We are also sorry to hear that your recent experience with Rollup Awnings was not to your satisfaction. We would like to explain how our awning system works. . We definitely would like to come back to your home and level the awning for you so you can once again enjoy using your Rollup Awning. Please call the office at your earliest convenience.

Original review: July 20, 2014

I realized that Rollup Awnings had a bigger and higher quality product that's what we needed so we chose them over other companies. We chose the electric motor, our fabric and the color. Everything was custom. It was nice that they had a large selection of colors and fabric. The people were also very helpful, very efficient and very professional.

Rollup Awnings response

We truly appreciate your business and are very happy to hear you chose a Rollup Awning for our custom, quality design and engineering. Have a wonderful summer under your Rollup Awning!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 19, 2014

We bought our motorized awning last year & we love it! We recently needed an adjustment to the awning & they were fantastic! The two men who came out to do the job were very knowledgeable about the work. We would recommend this product, it is great!

Rollup Awnings response

We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your recent experience with the Rollup Service Team! Your recommendation is truly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 18, 2014

I thought it was time for some home improvement, so I decided to purchase Roll-up Awnings. We chose a color that appealed to us and matched the house, and had an upgraded motor. We usually use it during afternoons for shade, and it feels good. It’s almost like a room has been added to the house.

Rollup Awnings response

A Rollup Awning definitely makes outdoor living more enjoyable. We at Rollup are so happy when our customer's are satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 15, 2014

Rollup Awnings put an awning on my house about 12 years ago and it has held up beautifully. I felt that I needed another awning in the space next to it. We were doing another sitting area and it just extended our deck. I had this planned for several years and finally got around to doing it. The newer awning has a wind sensor. If the wind is over a certain speed and there's vibration in the awning, it retracts automatically. I like that feature and the newer awnings have a crank. The older awning did not have a crank so in case you had a power failure, you're stuck with it out there because its motorized.

The team was great. They're known to me and they couldn't have been nicer. In fact, they couldn't match the fabric of the new one with the other awning which has almost no wear after a decade. Unfortunately, they stopped that fabric. So I had them take down the old awning and put the same fabrics on both awnings so they're coordinated. We use the awning as an extended room, essentially. It keeps the sun off when we're dining there.

Rollup Awnings response

This review truly made everyone hear at Rollup smile! It is so wonderful to get such positive, thorough feedback from a repeat customer! We truly appreciate you coming back to Rollup so many years later for your Awning needs. Satisfying our customer's is what has kept us in business for 35 years. A warm Thank You from our family to yours!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 13, 2014

We like the product we got from Rollup Awnings. We use it a lot. The team was very good. They know what they're doing. There's only one thing I don't like and it's that when it rains, the water stays there so you got to close it.

Rollup Awnings response

We are happy to hear you are getting plenty of use out of your new Rollup Awning. Thank you for choosing Rollup!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 11, 2014

We're extremely pleased with the product from Rollup Awnings. We needed an awning for the backyard and chose them for the quality and the customer service. We got to choose our fabric and had the remote control and everything works fine. We use it almost every day. They were outstanding.

Rollup Awnings response

A big, warm Thank You from Rollup Awnings! We know you as a consumer have many choices and the fact that you chose Rollup is appreciated greatly!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 9, 2014

Rollup Awnings was absolutely wonderful. I love the job and the awning and so far, so good. I didn't want something that snow would build up and this looks like the snow is not going to build up in it. And it does make my house cooler too. We got the electric button to open and close it. They were excellent.

Rollup Awnings response

So nice to hear we have another satisfied Long Island customer. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Rollup Awnings!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 8, 2014

We bought out Roll Up several years ago. Was never told how to care for it! The brush is falling out and called several times to have someone fix it. Was told I will get a call for cost and when guy will come. Neither happened. Called today and was told guy showed up - BS! Then told it will cost $216 to have him push brush back into unit. Are you kidding me!!!!!! So nice when we made purchase and so ** on consumer service. Would't recommend them if they were the last company around!

Rollup Awnings response

We at Rollup are very concerned when we hear a customer is not 100% satisfied. Please call the office at your earliest convenience. We would like to rectify the situation and make sure your experience with Rollup in only a positive one!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 7, 2014

I have a deck in the backyard with a swimming pool and for years we’ve been talking about it, but I always thought it was too expensive. But then finally, I just decided let’s do it, and we did purchase an awning. I’ve seen the commercial for SunSetter about Rollup Awnings and somebody told me that there was a place right in Holbrook and I live in Holbrook that makes the manufacture and sales right in the same building. Also, I’m a police officer years ago. I’m retired now, but years ago, I drove past it so I had an idea where it was. So my wife and I said, “Lets’ go take a look.” So we drove to this place just to look. We had no intention of buying. And we were so impressed with the salesman with his knowledge and his attitude and no high pressure that we bought it right there on the spot.

We got the heavy duty motor which adjust the tension of the awning itself every time it comes out. I was able to choose the fabric color, and of course size. The three guys who came to put it in were one of the most efficient groups of mechanics I’ve ever seen. There was absolutely no waste of time whatsoever. They came in, bing, bang, boom! Each guy had a job to do. It was up and installed and complete in less than an hour. Excellent. I had no complaints whatsoever. By 12 o'clock, the sun is in the back of my house, which is where the deck is, and I open it up. I’m very fair-skinned so I burn easily. The awning is great. I sit there. It’s not only shady but it’s actually cooler by probably 10 or 15 degrees. So I’m very satisfied with it.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. This review thoroughly let's us know you are satisfied. A big Thank You from the Rollup Family! We truly appreciate your business.

Rollup Management Team

Original review: July 3, 2014

Absolutely excellent. They were really, really professional and we like them a lot. Rollup Awnings has been around for over 30 years. My sister-in-law actually used them and they're from the area so we’ve kind of known about them. Their product allows for waterproof awning whereas those from other companies just block out the sunlight (we went with them because of that). We use it pretty much every day from 12 o'clock until about a little after dinner, all day long.

Rollup Awnings response

Word of mouth is so important to us at Rollup. Your sister-in-law's recommendation is truly appreciated. We are so happy to hear you are getting so much use out of your Rollup Awning. Enjoy your summer and thank you again for choosing Rollup!

Rollup Management Team

Original review: June 27, 2014

From the time we walked into the showroom in West Hempstead to the click of the remote, we were very pleased with our experience at Rollup Awnings. The salesman answered all our questions, explained the inner workings of the arms, the fabrics and colors. The time frame setup for measuring and installing were all done within two weeks. The installers were every respectful and polite. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for an awning.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to let us know you are satisfied and had a positive experience with Rollup Awnings. Our goal is to provide excellent service. We truly appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful 4th of July under your Rollup Awning!

The Rollup Management Team

Original review: May 27, 2014

Dealing with this company has been a nightmare! My advice to ANYONE looking for a Rollup Awning or stationary awning, do your due diligence and shop around. You will be amazed at the price difference with the same or better quality and most importantly better customer service. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Money is too hard to come by than to spend it with a company that could really care less about you after they have it.

Original review: May 13, 2014

The arrogance is unbelievable. They talk to you like you're dirt. Their product isn't holding up. Their call volume is so high, for the spring 2014 they are charging to look at their poor equipment even under a year old (purchased 6/27/13, installed 7/17/13). They sold me on the weather vain (safe and sound tech which doesn't make me feel safe) and come to find out it is just a decoration on the outside of my house. The fat guy at the store told me on how the weather vain would open and close in high winds and during extreme heat and rain, it hasn't done anything but spin for ***$600.00 down from ***$1,200.00. I only recommend buying from them if you like a good fight. I wouldn't use this product. I would rather go to Costco. They have a much better return and product protection service.

Rollup Awnings response
We at Rollup Awnings are very concerned when we hear one of our customer's is so dissatisfied. Your patronage and satisfaction is very important to us. Early in the season the call volume is always high but we can and will always make sure every customer's needs are attended to. We came to your home free of charge on May 13th of this year. We found nothing wrong with the awning and you signed the service work order acknowledging your awning was in perfect working condition. We are confused as to why this complaint was filed. Please let us know what we can do to resolve this issue as we feel there is nothing wrong with at this point. We are happy to help in any way we can.

Rollup Management Team.

Original review: May 12, 2014

My husband and I ordered a roll up awning and have had nothing but problems. Before the purchase, we put in a brand new roof. The installers had to come back b/c the awning was ready to fall off the roof. The lady that answers the service calls is rude. They tell you if you have an emergency to email them but takes 24 hours to get back to you. The awning is now ready to fall off again and they said it's b/c of my roof - which is brand new. They claim roofers don't use the right board under the shingles. They refuse to service it. Clearly the installers are not capable of installing correctly. And now my new roof is ruined. Not to mention I have an awning hanging off that could really hurt someone. They want more money to fix it and recommended I call a contractor. Not worth a penny! Biggest mistake ever. Not nice people - talk over you and think they know your problem and all they want is more money. Waste of money. Total aggravation.

Rollup Awnings response

We sincerely apologize that you are not satisfied with you service from Rollup Awnings. We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to make things right. As we stated in our numerous email exchanges we stand willing and able to help you. We asked to meet your contractor and work together so that you, as our customer are completely satisfied. Unfortunately you refused to let Rollup do so. We can't help if you will not let us. Please call the office at your earliest convenience so we can resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Rollup Awnings Customer Service Department

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

Bought roll-up awning in July 2008. Just noticed a tear in the fabric along a seam line. Checked my warranty and guess what? Not covered. Had prior issue with motor under warranty. Awning would roll out and not in. Motor was previously replaced by a recall. Got charged a service fee which I didn't believe was warranted due to no fault of my own. Sorry that I recommended this company to a friend.

Rollup Awnings response

We at Rollup appreciate any and all feedback concerning our product and service. We apologize sincerely that your service experience was anything less than satisfactory. Please call the office at your earliest convenience and ask for the office manager. I want to personally resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Rollup Awnings Management Team