Servicing New York City & Long Island

4.6/5 (463 ratings)

About Rollup Awnings

Since 1979, Rollup Awning has provided quality products and awning services in the Long Island area. Rollup Awning retractable deck awnings are designed to operate by remote control, timer, or wind sensing operation. Our top quality deck awnings are available in different patterns and colors to transform your patio and deck.

Rollup Awnings Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rollup Awnings?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

We were happy with Rollup Awnings from beginning to the end - going to the showroom, picking out the product, getting educated on the product and the installation. Everything was a highlight and it was a very, very pleasant experience.

Rollup Awnings response

It is so wonderful to hear from a satisfied customer. We pride ourselves on our reputation. We are so glad you chose Rollup Awnings.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

When my wife decided to get an awning, we chose Rollup Awnings because they were close by. We live in Holbrook and we're not too far from them. We had them install an electric motor and we're very pleased. In the warm weather, we've sat outside and it has prevented the sun. It's been wonderful and nice having it. The salesperson was terrific and the mechanics who put it up, I recently went back to them and had awnings put up over my doors. We were very happy.

Rollup Awnings response

You have many choices on Long Island for your awning needs. We appreciate you choosing Rollup Awnings!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2014

We needed Rollup Awnings because we just redid our patio. The salesman came, couple days later, that was it. Nothing bad about it. It was all positive.

We've been using it to block the sun. Everything was fine dealing with their team. Overall our experience with them was fine and easy.

Rollup Awnings response

Excellent to hear you are so satisfied with your entire experience with Rollup Awnings. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

Exceptionally pleased with both the quality of their products and customer service. I have used them through the years for both storm shutters and a retractable awning. The owner, Ray Sr., is focused on customer service and a pleasure to deal with. I truly recommend this company!

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

So far so good with the Rollup Awnings. I liked it more than the other - the way it was built and the quality. No complaints so I'm very happy. A tree had gone down in front of the house and it caused the different circumstance with our big window where we had a lot of sun coming through it. We needed the awning to eliminate it and we did. I use it every day. In the winter time, it's like the greenhouse which is great as it gives us heat. In the summer time, I put the awning out and it gives us a cooling off period in the house. From beginning to end, the service from the salesman up has been more than expected with today's type of service that you get. However, the cover was outrageously priced and it wasn't that hard to make a cover. So I went out, bought and made my own cover.

Rollup Awnings response

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Thanks for choosing Rollup Awnings!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

My backyard was like 200 degrees so I decided to purchase awnings from Rollup Awnings. They had good payment options and good quality materials so I went with them. I have the manual override and the self-cleaning awning. Everything they installed is perfect - they were great. I use it every time I need the awnings up. Every time I hang out, I open it. The salesman was a really nice guy and the installers were good guys as well. They did a good job installing it. The representative kept to his word. He said when they would call in, and how long it would take to make it happen. He gave me a date of install and stuck to that and told me the time of install. All along the way he told the truth. They're a legitimate company.

Rollup Awnings response

We at Rollup are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with your experience with Rollup Awnings. Thanks again for your patronage.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

I first read about Rollup Awnings in a newspaper advertisement. It seemed like they had a good product. We've seen a video with the awning holding up into a windstorm so we purchased it. We lost the tree and we needed the awning for some shade protection. We bought the higher grade that Rollup Awnings offered that's an electric remote, not hand manual. We've had a little problem with sagging on one side but they came and made the adjustment. The team was very good. The product is a little pricey but it's supposed to be higher quality. We're pleased with the product.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for choosing Rollup Awnings!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

The awning has very good quality. Even when it was windy, it didn't have a problem. It worked very well. I have it for the most part rolled out almost all the time. It's not rolled out now because we're not out in the yard but when sitting underneath where our table is at, it's nice because there's no umbrella pole in the center and also it's adjustable. So if my daughter wanted to sunbathe, I could retract it a little bit so the shade wouldn't be on it.

Before getting the awning installed, it was too hot to sit out in the yard. I had some stuff done on the house next to me which eliminated a lot of trees that were shading my backyard. Rollup Awnings gave me the use of my backyard again. I'd recommend them.

Rollup Awnings response

We are so happy to hear that you are able to enjoy your backyard again since your Rollup Awning was installed. Thank you for choosing Rollup!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2014

The awning purchased from Rollup Awnings is usually down most of the time when the sun is out because it comes over that way in the morning. The team was very professional and we had no problems with them. It's a very good company to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

I have friends who had awning over their patio, but it's not Rollup. I liked it and I wanted it, but we went a different route - we went with Rollup. I didn't have customization done because I realized the things I would like to add too late. It's not what I thought it would have been. I'm happy with it, but I may have gone with something different. The team was fine. Gene was quite informative. The experience was great and I've referred the company to other friends.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how are doing. Rollup Awnings truly appreciates your patronage. We know you have many choices when it comes to retractable awnings for your deck or patio. It is our pleasure to serve you!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

We purchased from Rollup Awnings because we just moved into a new house. The awning is painted brown instead of the traditional white that they do, and has a wind sensor which is still not installed. Our experience was a little confusing - back and forth. Whoever was our salesman must have left in between our order. It got installed while he was still there but then he left and we had a problem with the wind sensor. They didn't bring it the first time and the guy originally said, “oh they're going to install it,” but we didn't end up using their electrician. Not that they would do a bad job, they were just going to put the wiring more on the outside and cable it in, whereas we got our own electrician to come and feed it a different way so the wires weren't showing.

In between that and then, the wind sensor never came with the original delivery, so it’s still sitting in a box upstairs. Other than that, the product is great, and we did have a service call and they came right away. They should have, whoever takes over the salesman position, follow-up on the jobs that were happening. Obviously the guy didn’t leave notes on the fact that we didn't get our wind sensor, so it came after the fact. But I guess we'll get that installed next summer.

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

I read about Rollup Awnings in an ad and it was close to us. I wanted some shade in the backyard so I purchased an awning with the wind sensor. Everything was good. Now when the sun is out during outdoor activities, I just put the awning up.

Rollup Awnings response

So nice to hear we have another satisfied Long Island customer. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Rollup Awnings! Allyson Rollup Management Team

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I learned about Rollup Awnings about a year back when I saw an advertisement. We'd been thinking to purchase an awning because our deck gets very hot and we decided to do it this year. Our interaction with the Rollup team was good. We have no complaints whatsoever. We can now sit outside in the heat of the day and at the table out there, where before it was too hot and we've had to go downstairs under a tree. We had a great experience with them.

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I had some Rollup Awnings from 25 years ago. I replaced a couple of awnings that had passed their life expectancy. The guys from Rollup Awnings were great. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Their installers are really, really good. I'm very fussy with workmanship and they're excellent.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

We had talked about purchasing an awning for a while and we got the automatic from Rollup Awnings. We have the remote, it's motor driven, and could choose our fabric. We used it for sitting out on the porch, having a barbecue party - the normal activities that you have during the summer months. Their team was good.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

I've used them before, probably about 5 years ago, to put an awning in the back of our house. I like the style of the Rollup Awning. Other companies that profess to have rollup awning don't look as good as theirs and don't function as well. I know this for a fact because my neighbor just had one put in and I can't stand the way it looks. We put a new deck in the front of the house and I did not want to do a roof extension or a pergola so the only choice to be able to sit in there when it rains, like a day like today, was to put an awning so I can sit down on the deck or get shade or away from the rain for staying on the new deck. I immediately said, "Even if it cost me a little bit more, I'm gonna go back with Rollup.

Their people came out to the house to give me the estimate. The job got done when they said it was gonna get done. They did the job quickly and right, and it works fine. The price was good and it's very good quality.

Rollup Awnings response

We truly appreciate you being a repeat customer. Thank you for such wonderful feedback. Rollup is so happy you chose us for a retractable awning for your deck.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

We were getting quotes and we liked Rollup Awnings' actual products the best. They're a great company. The installation was extremely simple and they did it on probably the hottest day of the summer and there were no complaints. We purchased an awning because we couldn't sit on our deck in the summer. Now we got different kinds of fabric and we loved it. We basically never bring it in unless there's a storm coming. It has become almost like a second living room in summer. They were wonderful.

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

A friend had used the Rollup Awnings for their installation and recommended them. My wife wanted some protection for a deck area so we decided to have Rollup Awnings. What we had has a gear motor. We just had it installed recently. We had no problems with their team. They were perfect.

Rollup Awnings response

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

My granddaughter had Rollup Awnings at their Illinois house a couple of years ago. I spoke to them about it and they seemed to like it. They gave me the name and this year, I was doing a little renovations in the backyard, and instead of buying the canopies each year for 100-150, I decided to call Rollup. I had no idea that they were gonna be that expensive. Hopefully, I'll get quite a few good years out of it.

When my son came over, he said, "Ma, this is lopsided." So when I went out on to the lawn to look because it's on an upper deck, it was lopsided like 4 or 5 inches. And they said to me that this does happen. Allow four more weeks for it to settle. So I did, and it was still quite a bit lopsided. So they came back and they adjusted whatever they had to do. I didn't have a problem from then on, except for a coupon for $500 off. The day that all this happened, my house was under construction so I forgot to give them the coupon. When I recalled about it, they said they gave me such a good price to begin with that I couldn't have that deal. I think I still should have gotten the $500 off, so I wasn't very happy with that.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

We are very happy with our experience with Rollup Awnings. My daughter has one and I got one because we lost a tree and needed some shade. We would use it when we're outside, barbecuing or just sitting out. The team from Rollup Awnings was very nice. Everything worked well and went according to plan. And everything was very neatly done. They did a very nice job. It's installed properly and we've used it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

I had no difficulty with Rollup Awnings and I liked them. The only problem I had is that I got a coupon and it was $100 but the fellow wouldn't honor it because he said I placed the order but I hadn't received the merchandise. I felt that he should have honored the coupon because I didn't receive the merchandise and it wasn't in my home. So it left a bad taste because it was a big order and it was for a lot of money. And he would have been better if he gave me the $100 because then I would rave about it. So my recommendation to other people was I like the quality product and I think it's a cut above the others but...

Rollup Awnings response
You purchased your awning on 4/25/14. We were not running a $100 coupon in any of our advertisements so I am unsure what coupon you are referring to. However, I do see you are in a Condo Community. We offer our Condo's the deepest discount possible. When we establish a Condo Community and are approved by your HOA we offer a special price to everyone in the community and it is established and approved by your HOA. The only $100 offer I see was an online review with a $100 Visa Gift Card. It was to be mailed to our valued customer's after installation and after they gave us an online positive Google review. If this is the $100 you are referring to I am happy to offer you the gift card.I sincerely apologize for any confusion you had and that your salesman was not able to explain this accurately to you. Please post a positive review on Google and email me the link. Allyson@rollupawings.com. I will mail your gift card ASAP!

If you have any other questions or concerns, I am here to help. Please just call the office and ask for me. 631-563-6660. We are truly happy to hear that you are happy with your Rollup Awning. We pride ourselves on Manufacturing the highest quality Awning in the industry. Thank you again for your patronage!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

I first heard about Rollup Awnings through someone I knew that got one. We needed one. The Rollup team was fine. It was a pleasant and informative experience. We pretty much knew what we were getting so I have no problem.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

My previous awning was a Rollup Awning that needed to be replaced. On the new one, we customized it and made it larger so we can extend it pretty much on our deck because we get sun all afternoon in the back. Everything looks nice and it still works after 6 months.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

Our experience with Rollup Awnings was wonderful. We love the product.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are happy to hear you love your Awning and are happy with our service!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

We had trees but we took the trees down and we needed shade, so my husband went right to Rollup Awnings. We picked out the fabric that we wanted and we got the electronic one that opens and closes it. We've been happy with it for the summer, as much as we sat out there. The team at Rollup Awnings were good. I would recommend them.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for letting us know about your positive experience with Rollup Awnings. Word of Mouth is so important in our industry and it is wonderful to hear you will recommend Rollup!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2014

I first heard about Rollup Awning from an ad in the paper. We had just built a new house and I wanted an awning, so I contacted them. A gentleman named Greg came out and he was really knowledgeable. He helped me decide on the fabric for my awning. Overall, my interactions with the team at Rollup Awnings were excellent. I use the awning all the time for blocking the sun. I sit outside under it when there’s light rain. I actually have two awnings from Rollup already. I had one, and now, a year later, I purchased another one. They’re really terrific.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you so much for being a repeat, valued customer! We love when a customer returns to purchase another awning. It lets us know you are truly happy with our Awnings!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

My overall experience with Rollup Awnings was okay. It was a straightforward deal. They did what they were supposed to do.

Rollup Awnings response

We are happy to hear your experience with Rollup was straightforward and efficient. We at Rollup know how busy our customer's lives can be so we strive to make your awning buying experience simple and easy. Enjoy your awning and Thank You again for choosing Rollup!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2014

I decided to buy an awning because I have sun in the backyard and I was looking to put shade so people can sit down in summertime. I don't have trees there. So I got an electronic awning, the one with the remote control, from Rollup Awnings. I open the thing anytime I need it. My experience with them is good. I had a little problem, they came, fixed it and left. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Rollup Awnings response

Thank you for taking the time to let us at Rollup know how we are doing. We truly appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

We took out a tree from our property but then we needed a little shade so we got in touch with Rollup Awnings. Their rep was trying to sell what he had there and we felt all right with it because he has it in stock. This way it will get done right away. The only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't manual. We should be able to do this without electric. And he told me it was more money to do it manual. I said there's no way that should be more expensive. You just got to change a part in there. Doing something manual is not more expensive than doing something electric, but I just went along with it. I put it in and I think it's a good product so far.

Rollup Awnings response

We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. The awning you purchases is our top of the line Awning and 99% of them are electric. It is not easy to convert them to a manual gear as it requires disassembling the entire awning and changing many parts and mechanisms. The salesmen was right to say it would cost more. Since your unit was already built it would have delayed the install and not have been cost effective to convert it to a manual awning. We are happy to hear you like the awning! We know you will have many, many years of enjoyment from your Rollup!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2014

We are so pleased with our awning. I haven't been so pleased with anything in a long time, not even my new car. It has been a pleasure to have dealt with Rollup Awnings. At first it took me a long time to decide if I will get them. Now I'd be so glad to recommend it to anyone. The people that came to install it, they were lovely. And we have had a lot of people, I would say at least 40 or 50 that has been here because this made almost our patio like a room and we have been so pleased with it. It's just a beautiful addition to the home. I knew already that I wanted the awning but I figured I'd let my daughter Vickie make all the decisions. I feel it was the best investment I've done in a long time besides putting a $20,000 roof on one side of the house.

Rollup Awnings response

What a wonderful review! We can not tell you enough just how happy it makes all of us here at Rollup when a customer takes the time to let us know they are so satisfied. We know you have many choices when it comes to extending your outdoor living space and appreciate that you chose a Rollup Awning!

Rollup Awnings Company Information