Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Rockwell Tools Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rockwell Tools Direct?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rockwell Tools Direct?

Original review: July 6, 2019

I purchased a table saw for $450.00. It was defective.. and does not operate as described AT ALL!! I had to pay for return $290.00 and they charged me $90 restock fee. This is a scam, we are looking to file a lawsuits as per the Federal Trade Commission. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought a 'Rockwell' screwgun with a 3 year warranty. As a homeowner I do not use it much. It went bad in less than 6 months and now I am told to send in $19.83 for shipping and they will fix it. If they charge for a warranty they should note that on the outside of the package. I have bought my last 'Rockwell' tool.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

If you're in the market for tools, Rockwell is a good place to avoid. Got the VersaCut saw #RK3440K six years ago and rarely used it. It has a plastic tab on the side for locking the depth of cut setting. It's nothing like the setting on a full-size circular saw which (at least on mine) has a wing nut locking the depth of cut setting... Set it, lock it and that bad boy isn't going anywhere. On the Rockwell saw, it's nothing more than a cheap, cheesy, Mickey Mouse plastic tab that flips and is supposed to lock the depth of cut setting, and guess what... It does nothing of the sort and slips. If it slips during a cut, it's dangerous as that can cause a kickback... Happened to me several times until I figured out what was going on. I figured, OK, I'll get a replacement tab... Easy enough to replace as it swivels on a pin like a door hinge.

Emailed Rockwell support/customer service and here's one for the books, folks... THEY HAVE NO SERVICE FACILITIES OR REPLACEMENT PARTS AVAILABLE. Outrageous. Want to know the bottom line? They're selling THROWAWAYS at regular prices. Now I can go along with buying a throwaway cheaply. I paid $238 for this hunk of junk with shipping/handling and accessories... hardly a throwaway price. Rockwell offered to ship me a new one with 10% off (big deal) plus $19.95 shipping/handling. I told them what to do with it. You would do well to avoid this company if you're in the market for tools. You're paying regular price for a throwaway. AND... Even their warranty is on the cheesy side with a replacement tool new or reconditioned if you bought the tool brand new, why should you accept a reconditioned replacement??? Translation: Someone else's junk.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Replacement batteries for Rockwell 3/8" cordless drill were ordered on 3/21/17 per the lifetime replacement warranty. After 6 weeks call to Rockwell. Was told they were back ordered and would be sent 2-3 weeks. Did not arrive by that time. Called again. Were told they would be shipped 24-48 hours. Batteries were not shipped. Called again 7/21/17. Was told the batteries were no longer available and they would replace the drill with new 3/8 - 18 volt drill. They were going to ship immediately. As of today 7/28/17 nothing has arrived. I do not believe Rockwell has any intention of fulfilling their guarantee. Do not purchase anything from this Rockwell.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I bought this Rockwell rc4700 4 1/2 inch angle grinder tool to cut some metal and tile. After less than 30 minutes it locked up while running. I can't find parts anywhere. The tool model number does not even come up on Rockwell's website. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I have had three Rockwell 4 stroke (China) Lawnmowers. All three had head failures. The head failure consists of the push rod guide plate wearing through due to the push rods rubbing on the guide plate. This then allows the push rod to pop out from under the rocker arm &, when at high revs this can cause the rocker stud threaded mount hole to crack & or break out. Although this is a manufacturers fault it is repairable, & if you're lucky you might be able to use the original head, or, with acquiring a new or secondhand head & making a new push rod guide plate from thicker steel. The original plate is very flimsy & bends easy, so of course it will rub through easily.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I purchased this 3RILL drill directly from Rockwell one month short of 4 years. I have used this drill maybe 8 to 9 times in very light use, i.e. one or two drill holes, 4 or 5 screws, etc. Again VERY LIGHT use. I just used it to drill one hole and noticed it wobbling. I thought it was maybe the bit. I tried numerous bits and it was not the bits but the drill shaft itself. I emailed Rockwell and after a few emails they said it was beyond the 2 year warranty and they would do nothing but give me a 15% discount a new one. I responded and said that this little of use and it goes bad. Why would I want to purchase another. I would NEVER recommend purchasing these products.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I purchased and used this tool for a short time before the switch went out in it. I contacted Rockwell about a replacement part. They said they don't have replacement parts. You just have to buy a whole new tool. It was an expensive tool. I'm not pleased.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I purchased a Jawhorse 9003 about three years ago to help with a cabinet project in my home. It worked fine for the two days I needed it. Afterwards it went into the garage. Three years later my wife wanted a new door installed downstairs so I pulled out the Jawhorse. I clamped a new hollow core door in the Jawhorse and made some routing cuts for the hinges and then I repositioned the door in the Jawhorse and clamped it in place to drill out the door knob hole. However this time Jaws failed to hold the door and about 30 seconds later the door fell on my foot. After returning from the doctor I found that the clamping mechanism would only lock in place about half the time I tried to use it. Rockwell was contacted however they have not offered anything at this point.

Original review: May 31, 2016

It takes 10 to 14 days for item to be shipped? You pay for shipping? I cancelled my order, order the same item with Home Depot free shipping, faster shipment. The customer service at Direct Tools, I would have been better off calling my left shoe.

Rockwell Tools Direct Company Information