Rockwell Tools Direct

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had three Rockwell 4 stroke (China) Lawnmowers. All three had head failures. The head failure consists of the push rod guide plate wearing through due to the push rods rubbing on the guide plate. This then allows the push rod to pop out from under the rocker arm &, when at high revs this can cause the rocker stud threaded mount hole to crack & or break out. Although this is a manufacturers fault it is repairable, & if you're lucky you might be able to use the original head, or, with acquiring a new or secondhand head & making a new push rod guide plate from thicker steel. The original plate is very flimsy & bends easy, so of course it will rub through easily.

I purchased this 3RILL drill directly from Rockwell one month short of 4 years. I have used this drill maybe 8 to 9 times in very light use, i.e. one or two drill holes, 4 or 5 screws, etc. Again VERY LIGHT use. I just used it to drill one hole and noticed it wobbling. I thought it was maybe the bit. I tried numerous bits and it was not the bits but the drill shaft itself. I emailed Rockwell and after a few emails they said it was beyond the 2 year warranty and they would do nothing but give me a 15% discount a new one. I responded and said that this little of use and it goes bad. Why would I want to purchase another. I would NEVER recommend purchasing these products.

I purchased and used this tool for a short time before the switch went out in it. I contacted Rockwell about a replacement part. They said they don't have replacement parts. You just have to buy a whole new tool. It was an expensive tool. I'm not pleased.

I purchased a Jawhorse 9003 about three years ago to help with a cabinet project in my home. It worked fine for the two days I needed it. Afterwards it went into the garage. Three years later my wife wanted a new door installed downstairs so I pulled out the Jawhorse. I clamped a new hollow core door in the Jawhorse and made some routing cuts for the hinges and then I repositioned the door in the Jawhorse and clamped it in place to drill out the door knob hole. However this time Jaws failed to hold the door and about 30 seconds later the door fell on my foot. After returning from the doctor I found that the clamping mechanism would only lock in place about half the time I tried to use it. Rockwell was contacted however they have not offered anything at this point.

It takes 10 to 14 days for item to be shipped? You pay for shipping? I cancelled my order, order the same item with Home Depot free shipping, faster shipment. The customer service at Direct Tools, I would have been better off calling my left shoe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rockwell Tools Direct?

Sent in all the required info to register for the battery warranty. Never received confirmation so I called. Lady said I must have sent it to the wrong address. One month later a battery failed, six months later the other of the set failed. Over $200 wasted. Did some research. Numerous complaints over their battery warranty program, even in the US. They are replacing the batteries with recycled ones. IMHO, be wary of Rockwell products especially if you are in Canada. Researched the company. This is NOT the same old reliable Rockwell of the old days. The name Rockwell has been taken up by a new company.

Purchased a cool mouse sander. The Velcro pad where the sand paper sticks in place became non-stickable. Tried to order a new part... not available! This is the main bottom part that holds the sand paper!!! Why wouldn't it be available!!! Asinine to say the least!!! Found out they have 3 year warranty & because mine was less than a year old, they'd replace my whole sander for free. Was told it was on the way! Waited months to receive & I'm still waiting 6 months later!!! Called to find out what was going on & never received a phone call back. I have spent hours with this problem & it's a waste of my time!!!

Decided I could buy 3 cheap ass ones for $17 each from Harbor Freight for the price I paid for one Rockwell! Rockwell wasted my time, lied to me about replacing under warranty, wasted my time in finding & producing my receipt, time wasted on computer & telephone trying to resolve these issues & now I'M DONE WITH YOU! Don't ever buy a Rockwell Tool!!! Their warranty & their word are worth dirt!

Blade Runner Saw. The blade lock system broke after the warranty went out of course. I called customer service and they said the part isn't available. I'm stuck with a high priced doorstop.

I ordered one of these for Christmas. They sent four of them instead of one. Could not reach customer service. Had to dispute it on my credit card. Finally talk to someone. They told me they would send me out return receipt which they did not. Still having problems. Would not recommend this company at all.

SonicrafterF50 - This unit ran for two days. It was used to remove caulking from masonry. It stopped oscillating. I am capable of repairing most tools myself. Upon inspection of the internal parts it was determined that the metal clip that holds the bearings in place snapped and allowed the bearings to come apart. The first thing I noticed was that the inside of the case that contains the bearings is made of plastic. It did not appear to be significantly worn out but there is a generous coating of grease to the inside of the housing. The main problem is that the parts to repair this tool are not available online. Some models are listed as having parts available but the only parts that are were the small pieces that may come off or get lost. This may be ok for a home owner who uses a tool occasionally but if you want a tool that will last, I'd look elsewhere.

I bought a Rockwell Table Saw brand new out of the box, and from the moment I set it up the first time and checked everything out, I have not been able to make a single straight cut. After careful and close examination of it, come to find out the blade is set to be 1/4 of an inch off to the side, so as you feed material into it the blade will pull it at an angle destroying any chance of a straight cut. I just got off the phone from Rockwell Tool Company and they inform me that perhaps I somehow bent the blade or installed it improperly. Which can't be the case, because it’s the same for three different blades I bought for it. Then they claimed maybe I damaged it on my own working with it, and then finally they claim that maybe it was damaged and returned to the store by another customer.

In any case, I am left with a defective tool and if I can produce my receipt and pay them another $50 in shipping each way they will replace my tool for me, once they can look at it and make sure it was defective from the manufacturer and not by something I did to it. I've never had such trouble with a tool company before, and I will never buy from them again.

Their phone number isn't working today, which pisses me off, but what prompted me to complain is I just bought this cordless drill 16v RW9416 and it has a garbage chuck. Bits loosen up even when you are in forward. I'm taking it back and getting my old faithful Milwaukee. I'm an electrician (since 86) and never had this problem.

I purchased the Rockwell 12 volt Sonicrafter. The first one I bought worked only for a few hours, long enough to finish the project I was working on. I took it back to Lowe’s and bought the more expensive one, $179.00. I did not realize it but the new one was cordless. It is totally useless. The batteries are junk. I guess you know that, that’s why you offer lifetime replacement? I assumed I was buying quality tools. I cannot use the $179.00 tool. I want to know if I can exchange it for an elect. Sonicrafter. When I need to use a tool I need it then, not after I get new batteries.

I am severely disappointed and do not have time to play the battery ordeal, as I’m not retired and have nothing else to do. I would like to exchange the cordless Sonicrafter for a corded one that I can use. My $170.00 wouldn’t be out the window. I was just reading the side of the Sonicrafter - it says made in China. I assumed Rockwell was an American company that has been around for years making quality tools. Thank you.

I am trying to locate blades for my blade runner saw. I need the ceramic blade, but also need to get other blades. I have called customer service, and have emailed your site, but still have not received any response. Bosch makes t-shank blades, but they do not make tile cutting blades. Please help me.

I purchased a blade runner in August 2011. At which time, I was to make 4 payments, but instead they charged the full amount of the item in the amount of $207.98. Because of this, they overdrew my account and caused me to have several O/D fees in the amount of $210.00. I am on a fixed income, so I have to watch my money very close. Had they done the 4-payment scheme, there would not have been any problems. But due to their neglect, this has gotten very expensive. They did refund the $207.98 but did not correct the problem of being overdrawn.

2 weeks later, they sent another blade runner and charged my account $64.00. As of this writing, I still haven't had this corrected, and the unit was sent back 2 weeks ago. So they owe me $64.00 for something I didn't order and more O/D charges. To date, they owe me over $300.00 for something I didn't order and O/D charges. I have written them on 4 different occasions with no response.

Please help. I am on a fixed income and I have to watch every penny. This really hurts, and it's the first time I have O/D problems in over 5 years.

I ordered a BladeRunner saw and asked for 4 payment plan but I got charged full price. Because of this, my account was put in an NSF state. Had they done the payment plan as stated, there would not have been any problem. But now, I have been charged $120.00 for NSF. I did get them to credit back $209.71 but they first charged my account another 74.65 for the installment program, which cost me another $30.00 fee from my bank. So now, I've been charged $150.00 for NSF fees and they are doing nothing to correct their mistake.

Today, I find out that they have sent another unit and charged my account another $64.98, which has caused another deduction from my account for NSF fees. I refused the package and had the post office send it back to Rockwell. The Lable # is **. They have cost me $210.00 in NSF fees plus another $64.98 for something I didn't order. The total they need to get back to me is $274.98. I refuse to pay for someone else's mistake. I'm on a fixed income and I have to watch every penny.

Placed an order for a Bladerunner saw on November 22, 2010 online. Received a confirmation number via email. Haven't been able to reach the company by phone or email or their website ever since. Hoping it wasn't a scam website (www.***.com). They have a link to check your order status but it always returns a "server error" when you try to use it. They do not answer their phone either. I've tried to call for seven days.

Rockwell Tools--SoniCrafter. 9/27/2009 Order for product placed. Order#1395482. 10/7/2009 Call to Rockwell to return item due to seeing the same type of tool advertised for less money. As an incentive Customer Care offered to refund the shipping charges of $14.71. I agreed to keep the item and was told the refund would be processed in 5 - 7 business days.

10/20/2009 I called again and spoke to Joe. He said the credit had been processed. 10/28/2009 - I spoke to Brittany. She said since I had not received the credit she would escalate the issue. 11/10/2009 I called again and spoke to Hazel (Supervisor) who said she would issue a postage paid return label for a full refund of what I had been charged so far $134.52. which included the item and shipping both ways.

11/12/2009 I received the postage paid return label via e-mail on 11/12/2009. 11/12/2009 Item brought to the UPS Store for return shipment.

Tracking # 1Z67908A9044785608. 11/17/2009 Item received by Rockwell Tools.

11/21/2009 Call to Rockwell Tools re: REFUND. I spoke to Customer Care. I was told by the woman she would start my refund in process today. Then I was told it would be minus shipping charges of over $30.00 dollars. I asked for a supervisor and as of now have been on hold for over 1 hour 20 minutes. I called back on a second phone line, asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for 32 minutes. At this time I had to disconnect both calls.

IT IS APPARENT ROCKWELL TOOLS HAS NO INTENTION OF GIVING ME THE FULL AND COMPLETE REFUND FOR THE ITEM PLUS SHIPPING BOTH WAYS THAT I WAS PROMISED ON SEVERAL DATES. PLEASE NOTE THE ITEM WAS NOT OPENED OR USED, RETURNED IN THE ORIGINAL BOX AND SHIPPING CARTON. ROCKWELL HAS MY MONEY AND THE ITEM.

I purchased a $150 power tool by calling the 800 number after watching a commercial. I made the first payment with a credit card. I lost my wallet and all my cards. I forgot to update my credit card with this company. They sent me an email that there was something wrong with the card. I tried calling but there was no answer, just a message. So I replied on email with the new card number. A few weeks later, I got a threatening letter from the collection company. I tried calling again and left my phone number and a message as their message requested. No callback! It's extremely frustrating to me that I can never receive a live person for this business on their customer service line! I then wrote a check for the balance of $79.00 and mailed it immediately.

A few weeks later, I received another "final audit notice”! These letters are very threatening and state that they are going to report me to a national collection agency! I again had to go to my bank account and print a copy of the check that I wrote for the balance required. It infuriates me that they have the man-power to take an order for their product of $150, but they do not have service reps to take calls for any type of problems. God forbid this product doesn't have a problem because it's already been paid for and they sure don't care! Rockwell power tools - don't bother! I never bounced a check in my life!

I ordered a Sonicrafter Deluxetool on 4/15/09 it did not work. I called the company with in 1 week to return the product and receive my money back guarantee option. I was given this alphanumeric digit to place on the return label. The package was sent Priority Mail on 4/22/09, through Irvine Main Post Office with delivery confirmation.

I then called the company and they said 7-10 business days for credit to appear in bank account, It is now 5 weeks after and my account has not been credited. Your assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated in this matter. I asked the bank to send me a new credit card and number. Now I have to check my bank statement online every day.

I ordered the soni-crafter and instead of the hard case shown on t.v. they sent a soft bag. On the phone, the salesperson said they were out of the hard case. The infomercial would be updated. On viewing again, the same hard case was offered. I believe that for over $200.00 I should have received what was offered.

Inconvenience that the accessories are in a small plasic box and hard to get to. And difficult to organize.

Rockwell Tools Direct Company Profile