Robert's Tree Service

37people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Robert's Tree Service:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

This past spring, my neighbor Betsy was having some tree work done, so I asked the gentleman from Robert's Tree Service to tell me why my oak trees were peeling bark and losing leaves. After a brief inspection, he told me that the squirrels were peeling the bark because the tree was lacking nutrients.

He went on to tell me that his approach to treating tree problems was a scientific approach. Due to his schooling and technical training, he treats the root problems not just the end results. He spent a good half hour or more selling me on his enlightened education and the true new approach to solving the real problems causing tree disease etc.

He had me sold until he told me it would cost $750.00 to truly resolve my problem! After even more discussion, he convinced me that his way was the best way and that this problem could possibly kill both oak trees if not treated. I knew I didn't want to lose my beautiful oak trees. So, I agreed to the service.

He then told me that I was in luck because he had some of the special nutrient in his truck, so he could do the treatment now. He went out back to treat my trees and about 20 minutes later, he told me that his men would be back to cut out all of the dead branches. Two days later, four men and three trucks came out, then spent over an hour cutting, removing and cleaning up. This charge was $75.00.

That's four men for One hour at $75.00. Also, one man for 20 minutes at $675.00. A total of $750.00 to solve my serious tree problems!

Things looked good once again until I saw the squirrels chewing up my trees once again! That's my experience of Robert's Tree Service! My reason for posting this message is: I was looking up information on Robert's Tree Service so I could give it to a customer of mine and I saw a similar posting from John of Jacksonville, posted May 13, 2010. Check it out!

I selected Robert's Tree Service because their telephone book advertisement has a trademark of a certified arborist, Jason **, vice president of this company, came out and gave me his business card with his name and the certified arborist logo on it convincing me that he had been educated at the University of Florida and had knowledge and experience that non-certified arborist tree services would not have.

He looked at a group of 3 live oak trees which all appeared to come from one stump and another live oak tree about 30 feet apart in my front yard and suggested they be fertilized immediately. By this time, he had me (a 78-year-old man) convinced with his knowledge as an educated certified arborist that I agreed to have him fertilize my trees. I was told he would be drilling about 800 holes in my yard to apply the fertilizer and could return in the afternoon to do it. The cost would be $1050.00. He returned very soon and spent about an hour in my front yard. I was busy working in my backyard and did not see what he did after borrowing my extension cord to run his drill. He told me when he was finished that he had used about 140 pounds of fertilizer. That evening I could not find evidence of any holes that had been drilled and after thinking about it all weekend, I realized that I had been seriously taken advantage of. My next door neighbor, Dr. Jerry **, was working in his front yard and saw everything that was done and said that at the most 50 holes were drilled with a very small diameter bit that was 12 inches or shorter in length. I realized then, without any doubt, that I had been taken advantage of.

I called The International Society of Arboriculture and found that Jason ** is not a certified arborist and neither is his company. They do have one certified arborist in their company but this is not stated in their full page telephone book ad. I also had a meeting with Jason ** and had him explain what he did and why the exorbitant charge. When I told him that I found out that he was not a certified arborist and therefore was not qualified to make such decisions about fertilizing trees with a knowledge he does not have, his comment was, "You got me," but has refused to return any money. I have discussed this with the arborist on staff, Ron **, an employee of the company. Jason ** told Mr. ** that he used 40 pounds (not 140 pounds) of fertilizer and drilled 250-300 holes which would be impossible considering the length of time he was here.

He also said he had advised Mr. ** not to have the certified arborist logo on his card; however, Mr. ** continued to use the cards to represent himself and the company he owns, false advertising both on his business card and in the telephone book. I have talked to several certified arborists, one being Mark ** DBA, the Branch Manager, Tree Service, and he suggested that the trees possibly did not even need to be fertilized but that could only be determined after taking soil samples and other tests. If it was determined that the trees would need fertilizing, the cost should not have been more than $250-$300. I am filing this complaint to expose the fraudulent practices used by Jason ** so that others may be aware of the false advertising of their services and thus be protected from the damages I incurred. I appreciate your attention in this matter.