Call toll free
3.30/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The lemon tree has done very well. With the hot summer many of the flowers dropped & did not produce lemons, but I do still have 3 lemons that are now about 3 inches long & one cluster of small lemons still forming. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Not so much with the heirloom tomatoes. I've grown heirloom tomatoes from seed for years and had plentiful yields. This year I decided to try the Roberta's heirloom tomato plant collection. Plants received were very weak & spindly. The plants did not produce well at all. I got some very small 2 inch yellow tomatoes in August & have some larger beefsteak - type tomatoes finally coming on that are still green. The remainder of the plants did not produce or died off early. I would not buy the tomatoes again.

Good afternoon Annette,

Although we are thrilled to hear about the quality and growth of your Meyer Lemon Tree, it seems that you didn't neither the Lemon or Heirloom Tomatoes produced much/any fruit at all. The Meyer Lemon tree usually starts producing bountiful yields of fruit in it's (2nd) year. The flowers and buds on this tree more than likely dropped due to it being a 1st year plant, and it was redirecting it's energy towards growth and sustainability. Although rare, it seems as if you received a bad set of Heirloom Tomatoes, and we greatly apologize for this unfortunate issue. Please reach out to us, if there is way we can make for this, replacement plant and different kind of replacement, etc...

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I always order from you for our daughter who lives in Snoqualmie, Wash. She is always happy about what she receives. However, I'm very disappointed that you're unable to ship to Hawaii, I understand the agricultural rules for plants coming into the state.

Roberta's Gardens response

That is so nice of you to order for your daughter! We are glad to hear she is happy with her plants. Yes, Hawaii has very strict rules when it comes to their agriculture rules of bringing other plants in. We are glad you get to enjoy them through your daughter! Thank you for growing with Roberta's.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Clematis Plants did not look as nice as the ones on QVC. I kept them watered and fed but had very few blooms. I ordered a Hibiscus year before last and thought it was supposed to rebook but mine did not.

Good morning Ann,

Roberta's greatly appreciates the response, and deeply regrets some of the issues you had with your Hardy Hibiscus and Long Blooming Clematis. The Clematis is predominately a 2nd year bloomer, with the plant producing more and more blooms each and every year. The plant can bloom the first year, and although you expected more blooms, you must have done a fantastic job growing because your received a few blooms. The Hardy Honeymoon Hibiscus is not a true re-blooming plant. The plant will produce new blooms every (2) or (3) days, whilst the blooms themselves will only last a day or two. The buds are usually staggered enough, so you will have constant blooms that last for about a month or so.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I am hoping to have the lemons this winter. The plant so far looks good although there was no flowers. I have no luck with the strawberries. Not one do I am giving up on it. One of the banana trees died but the other one is still alive although there is no bark just leaves. Hoping eventually it will happen. I don’t have a green thumb but I am still trying. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We have reviewed your account and see that the lemon tree is the only thing from Roberta's and maybe the other things may have come from another company. The lemon tree may not produce the first season as it is becoming established but does require blooms in order to produce lemons. We are always happy to assist with any of your questions or concerns and look forward to hearing from you. Please contact our customer service (1-800-428-9726) and they are happy to assist you. We hope you have a fantastic holiday season and look forward to serving you in the further.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Before I complain about some of the plants that I received, I must say the customer service is top. Many of my plants did not have a good root System. I thought some of my plants shipped too early for the Pacific Northwest. We never plant our tomatoes before Mother’s Day typically. Some of my plants were dead on arrival. Some yellow and half dead, but did survive. I think some of your employees should do a better job when it comes to shipping. They should never ship unhealthy plants and I don’t care what your deadline is. But as I mentioned before QVC and Roberta's refunded me or sent new plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your experience with Roberta's. We take the all that information you have provided, and strive to make things better for the next growing season as climate and shipping are changing daily. We hope you will allow Roberta's to correct the mistakes and look forward to serving you in the further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I’ve ordered several products and they’ve never produce as advertised. I follow all directions and feed with plant food. Will never order anything else. I’m only giving my feedback because I was asked. I’m normally always satisfied with QVC purchases but not when it comes to Roberta's Gardens.

Good afternoon Ann,

Roberta's greatly appreciates you taking the time to give us your feedback and help make our practices more proficient, despite a bad experience. We greatly apologize for the shortcomings that you have had with our products(especially using our fantastic Roberta's Bounty Plant Food). Please let us know how we may alleviate any issues that you may have had, and attempt to provide a positive outcome.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have been happy with almost everything I’ve bought ... and the credit for failures has been awesome. I would love advice on how to keep squirrels from taking all my bulbs. I’ve tried pepper mothballs peppermint ... yet every year despite the prior years failure I order more.

Roberta's Gardens response
Thank you for taking the time to give a review. We are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with your purchases. It is nice to hear that if you aren't satisfied, you have received credit for those items! Here is a mixture that will keep the squirrels away from your bulbs. Warning: Do not breathe this in!

Purchase a bag of Chili Pepper seeds found in the Spanish/Latino section of your local store. Mix a quart of the seeds with two cups of dark or regular Chili Powder. Mix together in a seal tight half gallon bowl. Leave this sit for an hour or so before using. Once the hole is dug for your bulbs, place 1 tsp of this mixture on top or beside the bulbs. This mixture will not go stale, but please store out of the sun. Again, do not breathe directly in! We hope this helps!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I first heard about Roberta’s Gardens watching through QVC, which I always watch ‘cause I buy articles from them. I never thought that they have a flower garden show, and when I started watching it, I was amazed and saw all those flowers. I was enchanted when I saw the orchid cactus and I wanted to try my luck. When I receive the flowers, they are nice and healthy. I ordered the orchid cactus and one of them died, but other than that, everything has been okay. The last one that I received, it started growing and it looks good. The giant hibiscus that I ordered is outside and they see all the flowers. They're beautiful. I recently bought lilies and they’re good as well. I thought that they didn’t flower because they usually take maybe one year to another, but I planted them and they've grown as well. I will recommend Roberta's Gardens.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review Roberta's. We love hearing feedback from our customers! We are so glad you are enjoying your plants. We value you and appreciate your recommendation of us to others. Referrals are the life-blood of a business and we appreciate them! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I have purchased several plants from Roberta's Gardens. Most of those plants arrived well packaged and living. For example purchased 3 plants 1 was great, 2nd ok and 3rd questionable. But, most did really well after following all instructions. In fact I'm looking at a beautiful hardy hibiscus right now and it is blooming its heart out. I have received one order of clematis and just had to call for a replacement. I thought it was due to shipping dates not the actual stock. The order was replaced with another the following growing year. Now, I am very pleased with what they have to offer, year after year. You just don't find these kind of plants in the store down the road. All in all I am happy with Roberta's Garden and will purchase again.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our Company. If at any time you have a question or a problem with one of our items just give us a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Our number is 800-428-9726. We also have a website that you can check out www.robertasgardens.net. This will have plants and bulbs that will be available for Fall and soon for next Spring. You can also email customerservice@robertasinc.com.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

1 pc. Hardy razzle crepe. Ordered two plants and both DIED. Amended dirt with store bought garden soil follow by mulch. Watered and never applied fertilizer due to poor growth. Location five hours of unfiltered sun. Very disappointed. Because you offer unusual plants I don't find in local nurseries.

Roberta's Gardens response

We apologize for the plants not doing well for you. We have checked your account and it seems that you have not contacted us as to the plants not doing well. If you would contact our customer service they would be happy to assist you with replacements of both plants or something else if you are not wanting the same plants again. We are having perennial plants and fall bulbs available for the fall shipping season. If at any time you have any questions or concerns or needing plant replacements, feel free to contact our customer service and they are always happy to assist you.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information