Call toll free
3.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

776 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Columbines were so skimpy and barely survived summer but did not return in the spring. Those purchased elsewhere in previous years had no problem. I would say about 50% of perennials purchased from Roberta's over the years ever returned the year after planting. Love the QVC presentation just not the results.

Roberta's Gardens response

Wanda, We are sorry you did not have good luck with your Columbine. Unfortunately the warranty has expired on them. When you have a product that does not work for you please call so we can make it good. Our perennials have a 1 yr. warranty and annuals have a 90 day warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a faithful customer of Roberta's for many years! I always receive quality plants and easy to follow instructions. I order from QVC early in the season and I get something new and unique almost every year from them. I could go to local stores to buy, but they wouldn't have the neat items Roberta's does. Then there is the guarantee, if it dies, and they have once or twice, I get replacement plant! You can't get that at local store! Also the care information is specific so there's no guessing.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for being a faithful and loyal customer of Roberta's and the great review rating. We strive to make each one of our customers happy with quality, unique plants with great customer service and appreciate when our customers take the time to tell us know. We look forward to another great growing season with customers like you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

the banana plant I purchased is doing great - it gets up to 18 feet tall in the summer and is expanding yearly. The hardy palms however have all died but one - they do not do well in WV weather - and many of the other plants we have purchased do pretty well the first year but most do not Coe back the following year.

Roberta's Gardens response
Ron, Happy to hear you are having good luck with your Banana Tree. The other items you purchased this past season are still under warranty. If any need to be replaced call our customer service and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. You can also go to our website and fill out a replacement form. www.robertasgardens.net

Looking forward to helping you. Have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a few different flowers from QVC that I lost over the one season I had them. I wish I had time to call for replacements, but I just don’t. Hopefully, I will try to call but I can not make any promises!

Roberta's Gardens response

Raymond, You actually had the Hibiscus you ordered replaced 2X and the Daisies replaced once. We only have a one time replacement policy so you are past your warranty. We are sorry these did not work out for you. If we can be of help in the future be sure to contact us. Have a good day.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Unfortunately, none of the 12 Gerber Daisies I bought lasted more than a 2 months. 3 of them bloomed once. The others all died. This is the second time I ordered from Roberta’s. The first was a butterfly bush that didn’t bloom for a year and is smaller than it should be for its age. I’m sure this is a quality company but, their products don’t work well for me.

Roberta's Gardens response

Rhonda, Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our company. Your order shows you ordered 2-4pc sets for a total of 8 and called in for 2 replacements. You are still eligible to have 6 more replacements. All you need to do is call our customer service and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. You can also go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill our a replacement form. Looking forward to helping you. Have a good day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My experience with Roberta's Gardens has always been excellent and they have beautiful flowers. The delivery experience with them has been good but my complaint with all of these places is that we live on Long Island and there is a delivery schedule and I know when they're coming, but they deliver the items too early. Other than that, the quality of the items I've received from Roberta's Gardens is very good. They back them up and if there was anything I didn't like, didn't grow, didn't do, they either replaced it or gave me a credit to use the next year. I recommend Roberta's Gardens.

Roberta's Gardens response

Valerie, Thank you for your good comments. We always appreciate comments that are good and informative. We use these to help us improve our shipping and customer service. If a t anytime you have a question or concern all you need to do is call our customer service number and you will be taken care of. Sometimes the phones are very busy, just leave a message and someone will call you back. Again thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on our company./

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I've been ordering flowers from Roberta's Gardens for around eight years, but I got tired. Everything looks beautiful on TV, through QVC, and they say the plants will sustain but everything that I buy dies. I bought kiwis but it isn't worth to buy it there anymore. It's too small. Even the easy to grow things like the lilies have died. Last year, I bought a couple of things because they're so beautiful. I bought the best of roses and I was told it's gonna be yellow. It wasn't even yellow, and they died. The first time this happened, they gave me credits. Then they have replaced a couple of times just the last two years. But this time, I haven't even called because I just feel bad. I'm tired of calling because when I call, they always question me, so I can replace everything. I just don't wanna buy anymore. I'm very dissatisfied with the experience.

Roberta's Gardens response

Veronica, I checked your orders and saw you purchased the Desert Rose last season. This is replaceable this year. Call our customer service number or go to our website and fill our a replacement form. We strive to have the best quality plants available. I also noticed some of the other items you purchased are also replaceable if they have not grown for you. We can also sub other items that might do well in your area. Please don't give up on us, we are here to help you.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Roberta’s Gardens looks like they have good products. My experience with ordering and delivery has been fine and the quality of the items I purchased is pretty good. Usually, they deliver what they said but sometimes, I get a few duds. But that’s the way plants are.

Roberta's Gardens response

Vicki, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are pleased with your remarks. However we never want a customer to receive a dud. If at any time you get a plant the is not satisfactory call our customer service and we will be happy to send you a new plant. You can also go to robertasinc.com and fill out a replacement form. We strive to have all our plants to arrive in good condition.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am usually very pleased with my flowers from Roberta's. On this particular order I am disappointed. The Amaryllis that I ordered was choice of red or white. The red was shown as all red, the white was shown as red and white. I placed 2 orders both for white. I fully expected the red and white. Mine is all white and the one I sent as a gift is the one shown red and white. The Amaryllis is very healthy and beautiful as well as really big. I had to stake it because it was tipping over.

Roberta's Gardens response

Marion, I am sorry you are disappointed in your Amaryllis. The only colors we ordered in were the White/Red and the plain Red.I guess we got some that were not marked correctly However I am happy they both bloomed beautiful for you. They do get top heavy so the staking was good.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I liked the uniqueness of the items at Roberta’s Gardens and I ended up purchasing numerous products like Calla Lilies. The quality of the items is good and if I ever have a problem, they always replace them. Every once in a while, one will be shipped that doesn’t look right. I would let them know and they would always back up their products. Some of the things are a little expensive but it all averages out. Our growing season up here is so short. They should keep a running variety of different stuff because the greenhouses around here don’t carry a lot of what they have which makes them what they are.

Roberta's Gardens response

Terri, Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our company.. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and are always looking for new and unusual items. As you have experienced we do stand behind our plants and if at any time you get something you are not happy with just give us a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Orchids cactus (epiphyllum) spring blooming - Ordered it 2 times (No flowers). Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I also ordered another cactus (red). Again no flowers. Very disappointed. Don't know what else I can say. I rather have another flower (bulbs). Don't have much luck with them either. Prefer started plants.

Roberta's Gardens response
Debbie, I do not see where you requested any replacements for your products. We are here to help you and if you would call us, we have customer service representatives to help with any problem you might have and if you have an item that didn't make it they will be happy to replace it for you. We also have a website www.robertasgardens.net where you can fill our a replacement form. Please let us know how we can help you.

Thank you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Chinese Peopy trees. Pink & Red. Ordered 2 in 2017. One died immediately and was replaced in 2018. Then they both died summer 2018. Beautiful trees but a complete Waste of money. Also lost some of our American Lavender which was supposed to grow anywhere? Not such a good experience.

Roberta's Gardens response

Claudia, I am sorry you had bad luck with your Tree Peony. They are usually very hardy. Unfortunately you are past the warranty to replace them. However we can replace your Lavender. Just call our customer service and let one of our customer service reps know how many you need replaced and we will get you out new plants this season. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I ordered hens and chicks. This order arrived to my home dried out and some of the plants were dead. I contacted customer service and was sent another set. These weren’t much better. I was rather disappointed with the quality.

Roberta's Gardens response

Debbie, We are sorry you were not happy with your Hens & Chicks. WE strive to have the best quality plants available and if they are not we need to know ASAP so we can correct your order and let our grower know they are not up to par. We would like to take this opportunity to send you another set of the Hens & Chicks. Please give our customer service a call and let them know the situation and they will get you in to receive another shipment this season. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased through QVC several plants last year. The year before, they started growing really well, but the first 117 day and they all died even though I had them in shade so far. None of the plants survived this desert heat, they were great while they lasted.

Roberta's Gardens response

Geoffrey, Thank you for taking the time to review our company and for the great rating. We strive to have the best quality plants available and the best customer service. Our customer service representatives are here to help with any problems. All you need to do is call 800-428-9726 and they can answer your questions. We also have a website www.robertasgardens.net. You can enter your zone which is 9 and it will bring up plants that can grow in your area. If you have any questions please give us a call. Have a great day.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I like flowers. I purchased from Roberta's Gardens by ordering directly from QVC. However, the flowers had very poor quality. They didn't perform like they said they’re gonna perform and I’ve been planting flowers for years. A plant is supposed to grow. It’s a little deceiving that what you get is a first-year sprout but what they show you on television is something that is three or four years old in development.

I also ordered a lemon tree, but it didn't blossom. I called them and they said I'd have to wait until next year. But, I didn't want to. That wasn't what they presented when they showed it. I’m just not satisfied with Roberta's Gardens' products. It doesn’t perform as they say or you're gonna wait two or three years. By that time, the plant dies. They gotta put a product out that performs a little better than what they say it does. Do not order from them.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you haven't had success with your purchases. We always want our customers to be happy with their purchases and we always try to give them beautiful plants of top quality. The clematis was replaced this season and the lemon tree must have been some years back. If you would contact our customer service (800-428-9726) as to your displeasure we would have worked with you. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Roberta's Gardens had something that was interesting, so I signed up with them. But 75% of the products that I purchased from them died, so I would not buy from them again. I don't buy from them anymore. It was through QVC that I heard about them and now I don't buy from QVC anything that has to be growing. I am very dissatisfied with Roberta's Gardens and I would tell friends not to buy from them.

Roberta's Gardens response

I am so sorry that you had that experience. It would be nice to see if those plants/flowers were good for your growing zone. That makes a huge difference. Some plants don't bloom until second season, but they will go into a dormancy state where they look dead. That is why we say no fertilizer in the winter and to not water too much. We would love for people to call us after watching on QVC to make sure the plant is in your zone and just to ask general questions. Then you can call QVC back with the collection you want to purchase. Again my apologies.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I've purchased stuff from Roberta's Gardens and I've always called and gotten it from QVC. I love flowers and I was trying to put flowers back in our yard. I have purchased flowers from them in the past and I've been very successful. Right now, I have lilies and daffodils growing all over the place. So I've been very happy with Roberta's Gardens. But for some reason, some didn't survive. Plants are like any living thing though. More than anything else, you're successful a lot of the times but some of the times, you're not. That's the way it is. I can't blame Roberta's Gardens because I've been very pleased with their product.

Hello Lucy,

Thank you for your kind words. We have reviewed your account and it looks as though you have never requested a replacement and we would be happy to send you replacements as our warranty on perennials are one year. Please contact our customer service dept. and they would be happy to assist you.Thank you again for loving Roberta's products and let us know how we cn help you. Happy Gardening.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

When item was received box was opened immediately. It started turning brown. Took out of original planting boxes, placed into new parts and sunroom watered give daily light. Eventually plants died. Very unfortunate. I love the way the item was supposed to look.

Roberta's Gardens response

We apologize for the plants not doing well for you. We have researched your order and it appears this was the trample creeping thyme groundcover. We will be happy to replace this plant and send you a complimentary collection again next spring. We believe this order will do much better for you. If you have any questions on this order, don't hesitate to contact Roberta's Gardens.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Roberta's Gardens showed something that I wanted to plant and I went through QVC to order from them. But I had trouble with some of the plants freezing because I live in the northwest. They replaced them, though, or took them off the account. They always did okay with me and if my friends saw something that they liked on TV, I would tell them to go ahead and buy it because QVC, which I trust, backs it or the company backs it.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the high score on our review. We have reviewed your account and it seems that you have never contacted us as to any problems. Please feel free any time you have questions about your plants to contact our customer service department (800-428-9726) so that we can help you with any of the concerns of your plants.Thank you choosing Roberta's. Happy Gardening.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I hate shopping. If I can get anything delivered to my door, I'm gonna do it. So, I ordered all kinds of vegetables from Roberta's Gardens. However, in the last two or three years, I have not had any success at all because it has been so hot where I am and their stuff just died. We’ve had temperatures of over 100 degrees. I’m in my mid to late 70s, and it’s just too much hard work to try and keep the stuff alive. Though I never really know when the plants will be delivered because Roberta's ships them out according to the climate where I live, that's good because I don't want them delivered too early. There were one or two exceptions when one of the plants didn't make it but as a whole, the service has been pretty good. This is a very good company and their customer service is excellent.

Roberta's Gardens response

Shirley, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry you had some problems with our plants. If at any time you get something that does not come in good condition please call us @ 800-428-9726 or go onto our website and fill out the form provided to issue you a new item. We strive to have everything we ship to arrive in perfect condition and ready to plant and if not we will replace it. Looking forward to helping you in the future. We will be back on QVC mid January with some new items. Have a good winter.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I’ve always been happy with the products and service I got at Roberta's. I usually buy mostly perennials for my garden. The majority of everything I’ve gotten has been great. They come, they are healthy, and I plant them right away. I’ve had a problem with one or two things that didn’t survive, but I always got reimbursed by QVC. So, there was no problem.

Roberta's Gardens response

Hello Patricia, thank you for taking time to review our company. We are pleased when our customers are happy with our products and service. We are excited with our upcoming products this spring (not all known yet). If you need anything please feel free to contact us at robertsinc.com or our customer service at 800-428-9726.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I started ordering from Roberta’s Gardens as long as they’ve been on QVC. Roberta’s has plants that you normally don’t find in the everyday nursery. I like the Meyer lemon, which I’ve had for several years, the fig tree, their irises and lavenders, which have lasted a long time and the begonias. The items were packaged better this year than they had been in the past, because before, they sometimes arrived really well-packed but other times they were not. They had the dirt in the box, and some of the plants were not in good shape when they got here and sometimes there were a couple that were dead. So, I would call QVC and they would give me a refund.

Roberta's Gardens response

Patricia, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We want everything we ship to arrive in good condition. If at any time you get a product that is not packed well give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and we will gladly send out a new item. You can also go to our website and fill out a replacement form request on anything that does not arrive in good condition. www.robertasgardens.net.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Only 3 blooms; no evidence of new blooms. I use Roberta's Hawaiian Flower Magic. I would like further suggestions for the care of this plant. Does it bloom only once a year? Does it bloom in any other color? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Roberta's Gardens response

Doris, It is perfectly normal to only get a few blooms the first season. You will need to prune it back about 1/3 on each stem either this fall or early Spring and do not fertilizer from now until April. Let it rest. You will have new growth next season. You should also have several more blooms and the blooms will last most of the summer into fall. They should bloom white, change to pink and in late fall turn to a red color. This is all in the guide that you should receive with your plants, if you do not have a guide call our customer service and they will get you in the mail right away. Contact us @ 800-428-9726 and any customer service rep can help you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I purchased Oriental lilies but they were a disappointment. Poor growth, only one bloom. I will not be spending any more money on these products. I have tried other plants of this brand and all have done poorly or died. Lesson finally learned.

Roberta's Gardens response

Zulema, We are sorry you had problems with your Oriental Lilies. However, these are not a good item for your area. The temperature in your area is not good for Oriental Lilies. They need to have temps below 40 to reproduce so they will probably not come back next Spring. If you call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 a representative can help you choose a replacement at no charge that will work in your area. Looking forward to helping you find the right plant for your area.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Patio mini plants--tomatoes, eggplant, peppers - They looked amazing on air (QVC) but when they arrived one pepper was dead brown--the tomatoes where mini so much they could not hold up to all the tomatoes so most went poo broke the stems. O well I won't go on air for plants. Buy local where you know the grower.

Roberta's Gardens response

Barbara, WE are sorry you had a a problem with your plants. When you receive an item from us and it is not up to par you need to call us right away so we can send you a new item. We want everything you get from us to be in good condition when it arrives and need to know if it is not so we can correct the problem. The tomato plants had so many tomatoes that they needed to be staked in order for the stems not to break. If you call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 we will be happy to replace these for you. Looking forward to helping you with this issue.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My delivery experience with Roberta's Gardens was fine. I got various plants, daylilies, and roses from them. They were delivered in good condition and in a timely manner. However, there were some plants that had died. I called to replace them. They were easy to get in contact with and they were accommodating when I called.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Roger for the kind remarks. Our goal is to provide good quality plants and service. We are pleased when the customer is happy with the products we have and also our customer service. If at anytime you need a question answered or just want to comment give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. We will be having some new items this coming season so be sure to tune in to QVC in mid January when we have our first show of the season. Have a great Fall and Winter. Looking forward to Spring.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I like the flowers of Roberta's Gardens. I purchased a variety of different flowers from them and I had a good delivery experience. They were delivered in good condition. However, this summer was so hot down here that I couldn't grow anything. We had a temperature setting of a 114 this year and it set a record. My backyard and my flowers died. But that's not Roberta's Garden's fault. The only flowers or plants I've got left from Roberta's is the desert rose plant. It's like a cactus, but it blooms. I kept it on my patio and under the shade where the sun couldn't get him.

Roberta's Gardens response

Ron, Thank you for the kind remarks. We are sorry you temps got so hot this Summer. If you check out our website www.robertasgardens.com we have information on there that shows plants and bulbs that will grow in hot climates and our drought tolerant. We will also have some new items next Spring that might be a good fit for your climate. We will start being on QVC in mid January and usually go thru end of May, so check us out. If you need help or just have a question call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Have a good rest of year.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I love to look at flowers. Also, we have over 250 hummingbirds and I thought that if I got flowers, the birds could have them aside from the food that we feed them. My friends said that Roberta's Gardens had the best plants and that they were hearty. So, I bought plants from them through QVC. Their reps were really nice and I have no complaints with any of their service. But they should let me choose when I want my orders to be delivered because they sent my orders when just before we had a heat wave, so the plants died. But they sent a replacement.

After that, I ordered again but they also sent the plants right before the heat wave, so they didn't survive. They said that they were going to replace them but they said they were gonna send them when they thought they'd be right for our area. They should have sent the plants in November or December where they could get a foundation and so the roots could get more sturdy. I usually plant my flowers in November and December and those get hearty by the time the heat comes, and they survive. But they didn't give me a date for the delivery so I told them that if they were going to send the plants in May again, then we'd get our heat wave again. So I told them that I wasn't gonna buy anymore and that if they couldn't give the plants to me when I wanted them, I didn’t want them.

Recently, I ordered from Roberta's again and I thought that this time my experience would be different. I ordered the Hens and Chicks plants and I liked them. But Roberta's still sent my orders just before we got the heat wave. Plus, I got them two days before we went on vacation and that meant I wasn't here to water them completely. So they all died. But other than that, my experience with Roberta's was fine and I like their plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had problems with some of our plants. I checked your account and saw you had several orders of the Hens & Chicks and also the Orchid Cactus. Both those items have a one year warranty and can be replaced. If you would call our 800-428-9726 number and speak to one of our customer service representatives they can enter you in to receive replacments in the Spring. The only items we have available in the fall are bulbs that come up in the Spring, Like Tulips, Hyacinth, Crocus, etc... Our main shipping time is March thru end of June.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Roberta's Gardens' products look good and the company has a guarantee on them. I bought Gerbera Daisies, which are supposed to come back every year, and some Tuberous Begonias bulbs on QVC. The Tuberous Begonias are pretty, but some of the Gerbera Daisies have died, so I sent an email to Roberta's Gardens. They were great. They sent out a whole new pack. I'd tell people that Roberta's Gardens sell quality products and they stand behind them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Angela for the kind remarks. We are always pleased when a customer is happy with our products and service. If at any time you need help or just have a question give us a call at 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great day.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I ordered some perennial flowers from Roberta's Gardens. The delivery went well. The flowers look really good. Also, the quality is okay. However, I had some plants that didn't make it. I had trouble with Roberta's. I was trying to contact them through email and I didn't get any response. And then there for a while, I called and the mailbox was filled up. I don’t know if they were changing systems or not but then after that, everything came through. I have already referred Roberta's to other people.

Roberta's Gardens response

Pam, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry you had a hard time contacting us. We try to catch and answer all emails that come thru. If at any time you need to contact us call 800-428-9726 or email us at customerservice@robertasinc.com. You can also visit our website at www.robertasgardens.net. From there you can fill out a replacement form or leave us a message. Have a great day. Looking forward to helping you in the future.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information