Call toll free
3.42/5
Based on 154 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

708 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had a plant that didn’t perform like it should have. I asked Roberta's Gardens to replace it, and they did. They sent it right out, and then I went back on QVC and bought another one. I've bought so much stuff from them, but mostly garden stuff. There has been a couple of times when the plants looked shaken when they got here. But for the most part, I've been satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Through QVC, we have ordered several flowers, and plants from your company. To date, we have not had one plant or flower to live longer than two weeks. They arrive dry and mostly dead and never recover. You guys do a great sales job on QVC, but you quality leave a lot to be desired.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My bulbs arrived but only one dahlias bloomed and it was not a dinner plate. The ones I purchased from Lowe's were better. The lilies did no better. I called and this year they sent me more but the dahlias did not even come up and only 3 of the new lilies are growing. Very dissatisfied and I will never buy from again.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had problems with some of our bulbs. We do offer a one year warranty on all the bulbs and are happy to replace them if they do not grow. There has been a lot of rain this season and that has not helped the situation. We would like to take this opportunity to send you a new set of bulbs of your choice. Check out our website and if there is a set you would like to try give is a call @ 800-428-9726. I will note your account so you will not have a problem getting them. Looking forward to helping you.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Only one plant of the ones ordered has grown and had blooms, rest--nothing good to say. I think there were more than 50 bulbs ordered initially. The hydrangea bush is the one that bloomed, but Texas heat even in my mostly shaded backyard hasn't proved to be conducive to the plants offered success.

Roberta's Gardens response

Llinda, I checked your account and we show no orders for you from the last 3 years. Perhaps you are reviewing the wrong company. We offer a one year warranty on all our Perennials and 90 days on all our Annuals. All one needs to do is call our 800-428-9726 number and a customer service rep will help with any problems that arise.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My replacement plants are doing great. I have ordered plants for several years and this was the 1st year I had an issue. When I called those plants were replaced quickly and the are growing and have blooms. I am looking forward to my 1st BLT. I highly recommend Roberta's.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karren, Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you need help or just have a question you can contact us @ 800-428-9726 or customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Enjoy that BLT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I did not order this year from QVC. I do have flowers from Roberta's that are growing from last year. I do like Roberta's because of the different varieties they offer an also they do stand by their products. All their flowers are beautiful.

Roberta's Gardens response

Dolores. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you need help or just have a question you can contact us @ 800-428-9726 or customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The plants I received over the past 5 years have been healthy plants. If any of them failed to survive, I received replacement plants the following spring. I would recommend Roberta's to my friends and family. [Which I have already done]

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Carolyn for the kind remarks. We are always pleased when our customers are happy. If there is ever a time you need help or just have a question you can reach us @ 800-428-9726 or customerservice@robertasinc..com. Have a great weekend!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Many of the plants I ordered didn't survive but they gave me new ones or ones that they had in exchange. The experience was not excellent even though they gave new plants if theirs died. I now have 2 orders that have not survived but I hesitate to call because I had them planted and now I will have to replant and hope. They also don't give the zone on TV so you know if they are right for your zone. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I checked your orders and saw you have 4 orders in for this year. None on them have replacements on them. If you would give us a call @ 800-428-9726 or email customerservice@robertasinc.com we can replace any item you are dissatisfied with. We are done shipping for this season but we can get you entered in to receive new items for next season. Looking forward to helping you. Have a great day!

Original review: June 12, 2018

This is the worst company we have ever dealt with! We the first to place our orders but the last to have them filled so by the time it got to our zone they had no more product left! They DID not even notify us. Many others that placed orders after us got their orders filled, it should be first come first serve. Not only that the customer service for Roberta's was terrible. The plants that we DID receive all died. We spent over 250.00$ with them and they offered no way or solution to make things right! This is the worst garden supply company I have ever dealt with! Looks like we are just (SOL) Kreg and Mary Lou **. We feel like we were taken advantage of! Please help!

Roberta's Gardens response

I checked your account and and saw you have received several items from our company. There are no notes on your account where you called to get replacements for any item you have ordered. We offer a 1 year warranty on all perennials and 90 days on annuals. All you need to do is call us or send an email to customerservice@robertasinc.com and replacements will be sent to you or you also have the option to call QVC for a refund. The solutions are easy, you just need to let us know. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and would like the opportunity to help you, just give us a chance, we want you to be happy with your products. Thank you and have a good day.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I placed an order on QVC April 3, 2018 for the 2-1 Honeymoon series Hardy Hibiscus. I called numerous times after May 12 because I didn't receive my product and each time was told it was being shipped out that week. This continued each week till June 5th when they told me it was cancelled!! My problem is if you knew you weren't going to be able to provide the product then why didn't they contact us and give us other options. This is unacceptable for a business that's been around for 50 years. Also this was my first order with your company and will be my last if this is how you treat your customers.

Roberta's Gardens response

Jane, We are sorry you didn't receive your Hibiscus. They were shipping from another facility and they told us there was a crop failure and ran out before they got all the orders out. Please accept our apologizes and give us another chance. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and do not want to send you an inferior product. We will have new products for next season along with some of the same as this year and would like to have the opportunity to work with you again. Thank you for your time, have a good day.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2018

On TV, buying from Roberta's Gardens looked really simple but then it was really not. I bought The Birds, The Bees and The Butterflies. They were good the first year but then I have nothing but twigs now. When I called them last year and told them my Begonias didn’t come up, they said that they would send me more next year. Those came in and I planted them but then I still have a pot of dirt. Also, The Chicks & the Hens which grow on stones, screens and cement didn't come back this year after I planted mine. While my delivery experience has been perfect and everything has arrived in good condition and in a timely manner, I won't buy any more from Roberta's Gardens.

Roberta's Gardens response

We stand by our products,m that is why we have a 1 year warranty on all Perennials and 80 days on Annuals. I checked your account and saw you have only asked for 1 replacement on Begonias and none on any of the other items you purchased. There was no notes on your account that you had requested any information or replacements for other items. These were all purchased in 2017 so you can still request replacements. However, we are very low on product and they will probably not ship until next season but we want you to be happy with our products. Give us a call at 800-428-9726 or go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill out a replacement form. Thank you and have a good day.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased a lucky plant thru QVC, at first I thought I had a dud. It took time (months) after following the instructions that I actually saw a sprout in 3 spots! I got one, I got one. Had I followed the other disappointed reviews I would have tossed the stump out. If you could see it now (3 yrs later). It is beautiful. Every living thing needs some attention, you never know what God will do with a stump and some patience.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the great review. There are several plants that take their time to sprout and when they do it is always well worth the wait. We are so glad your plant has done so well and appreciate the good comments. If you ever need help or just need to ask a questions give us a call @ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Thank you again and have a great day.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2018

I’m not having a lot of good experience with any of the flowers from Roberta's Gardens. I got one strawberry plant that came back but it's a baby one so it hasn’t really been branching out. There's also the lavender flower and it's awesome but that's really the only luck that I’m having. I don’t know if it’s something that I’m doing because I purchased other garden products, like cottage farm products and I’m not really having a lot of luck.

I would buy good soil. I start over, getting the soil from the bag and I even have their fertilizer drops -- the Flower Magic. I got them over QVC, so this is like it’s been tested, tried and true. They looked pretty on TV and I expected them to look the same way when I got them in my garden. I’ve called Roberta's back a couple of times. It comes back out or they’ve replaced it. But it’s like I’m not having much success. I don’t know what to do. But I know that I can call back and talk to folks. And I know that if I have an issue that they’ll replace it. So I’m okay with that. But overall, I would like to just see where I spent my money. I want my garden to grow.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to review our products. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If there ever is a problem all you need to do is call 800-428-9726 or email customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Hibiscus and succulents and lilies. Never grew or died! It is convenient to buy on tv but not worth the cost when die!!! I waited and waited for the hibiscus to grow, all they did was NOTHING. Very disappointed! The lilies never came up. This year a couple came up. They haven't bloomed yet. I don't know if they will.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Bought 2 Bensonhurst fig trees from QVC. Last fall I messaged Roberta’s as to how to winter these. No response so I wrapped them. Then I got a response saying, "No need. They are hardy to -25." But, they were already wrapped. Last fall I just put to side of my house because they said no need to wrap. Hardy to -25. New Jersey died to get that cold. This spring they are dead. I have messaged Roberta’s on their B page. No response. I messaged them on their webpage. No response. These aren’t the only purchases I made from them. Years back I ordered another plant. Never bloomed as they said. I just gave it away. It never ever bloomed. So sad.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had a problem with your Fig Tree. They are hardy to -25 in the ground. If they were in pots they are only hardy to zero. I checked your account and didn't see any notes where you had called. We do have a year warranty on all perennials and 90 days on annuals. If there is ever a problem you can email customerservice@robertasinc.com or call 800-428-9726.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2018

I've ordered lots of things from Roberta's. I ordered the tulip collection in 2017, they didn't grow and I called them. And so, they sent me some more this year. When I opened the package up, the bulbs were there, but they were hollow. So, when I went to take them out the box, they were just shells, like they were old bulbs they were sending me. So, needless to say, I couldn't plant those 'cause it was dust pretty much.

I also bought a tree peony from them. It's a stick. The box was beaten up real bad, but I still planted it in and it's still a stick. Nothing is growing from that. I was trying to give it time to do something, but this is towards the end of May and they haven't grown yet. This tree peony cost $36 and this is the fifth peony tree that I have had not ever grown. I never had any of them grow, but I keep trying 'cause they say it's a new kind of peony tree that should grow everywhere. So, I take a chance and order it and here it goes again.

I also ordered an 8-piece Double Pearl Tuberose and they never grew. But when I've ordered lilies from them, they've grown. They haven't come back the following year, but I got flowers out on the first year. I try to be positive. I don't want people to think negatively 'cause they might have better luck than I do. I plant in pots. I also use good soil and I have both of the plant food that they have. And some things grow and other things don't. But when I called customer service to either get a replacement or to discuss the things that I received, they were nice. I called about some lilies I ordered from them and seven of them were broken when they sent them to me. And they said they will replace them. However, they had not sent those back yet.

Roberta's Gardens response

Veronica, I only see where you called 1 time about broken stem on Lily bulb. You have been entered in our system to receive a new set of Tulip bulbs, Tree Peony and Tuberose. However, in your area the Tree Peony and Tulips will probably not come back. They need to be in the ground and have cold temps in the winter to reproduce. The Tuberose is a late summer plant, when it starts growing it looks like blades of grass and flowers late summer, early fall. Anytime you have a question or problem please give us a call on our toll free number 800-428-9726

Original review: May 17, 2018

The plants I got from Roberta's Gardens are growing like crazy. I also purchased from them before and had good luck. But I don’t think that the flowers should shipped through UPS because the boxes came damaged. You open the box with the bulbs and everything is so overheated. But I like the stuff from Roberta's Gardens and they have honest people working for them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the good comments about our company. Our goal is to have the best product available. Our packaging is good and does take a beating in shipping but most of the time the product is still good. If there is ever a problem just call us @ 800-428-9726 or email customerservice@robertasinc.com

Original review: May 16, 2018

Through the years, I’ve ordered quite a bit from Roberta’s. Last year, there were a couple times that I ordered some butterfly bushes and when I got them, they were kinda half-dead and had fallen out of the little containers. Roberta's sent me more, but I never had any luck with them. I also got four geraniums from them which were delivered in a week and I got them when I was supposed to. I had them in nice planters and they grew a little bit then they did nothing. I planted them exactly how the directions told me but they never bloomed. Then, when I watered them like it said on the thing, they all turned yellow and all the leaves fell off. When I called Roberta's, their reps were pretty helpful and they tried to help as best as they could.

Other than that, I ordered the little bulbs you gotta put on the ground and they came up a purple color. They are all over the flowers and hopefully I will have no trouble with them. I have recommended Roberta's to other people. I just had a bad experience with some of the other ones I ordered and I was disappointed that they didn’t do anything with the geraniums. They couldn’t stand back of them and I didn’t want them again.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just a question give us a call at 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. We have well trained representatives that will be able to help you.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I placed an order through QVC; the presentation looked wonderful, so I chose to order instead of buying locally. I knew I would need to wait a bit because of 'ideal planting time', although all local experts indicate they could have and should have been planted before Roberta's planned delivery date. When their planned date passed I kept contacting QVC. They blamed Roberta's and, said 'bad news... it's now delayed another couple weeks. I tried to call Roberta's. They close at 4:30, but recording said to press '0' to leave a message. After pressing 0, their recording says 'that extension does not exist'. (I called back a few times and got same message). VERY DISAPPOINTED in overall service!

Roberta's Gardens response

Beth, The Daylily bulbs you ordered should be shipping by the end of next week. Your zone just opened up this week. A label has been generated and sent to the shipping facility. As far as the phones go, we get messages everyday, not sure what happened when you called or why you received that message, we are here everyday 8:30 to 4:30 and have several customer service reps answering phones. If you need to get in touch with us call 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I ordered two sets of the Moonglow Hibiscus. When they arrived six of the eight plants were DOA. I emailed Roberta's and included pictures. Got email back and was told new plants would be sent to me. I received TWO plants in the mail a couple weeks later. TWO! Not six as should have been the case. Have tried calling customer service and even though "Your call is very important to us" I never got through to talk with anyone. Terrible customer service and according to other reviews, even worse product.

Roberta's Gardens response
I am sorry you had a problem with your Hibiscus. I checked your account and saw you are in to receive 4 replacement Hibiscus. We have been extremely busy and our phones never stop so I have to apologize that someone didn't get to you in a timely manner. Always feel free to leave a voice mail and one of our customer service reps will get back to you. Enjoy your new Hibiscus.

Have a great day.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I've been buying from Roberta's Gardens on HSN or QVC and their flowers are pretty good. I also got the liquid fertilizer and plum tree. Everything else was okay, except what I got on Friday. I was supposed to get five tomato plants and I only got three. And the tomato plants were broken. They were right down to the ground. They were all out then and in shambles. But Roberta's is gonna replace them. The customer service representatives and their products are very good.

Roberta's Gardens response

I am so sorry your plants arrived broken. We try to pack everything well to avoid broken plants and out of the pots. They really get thrown around in shipping and we have complained about that to no avail. I am glad you have been taken care of. Thank you for your kind remarks, have a great day.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I liked what Roberta's was selling and I had purchased some of the blueberries and different flowers. The delivery experience was good. Once I had a bad plant, but they either replaced it or took the money back. Sometimes I had to order early in the year and they had the shipping date, so it was correct for my area. However, I have ordered a lot and they didn't live -- my blueberries only made it one year. And other things just didn't last. So I don't know if it was me or them. One of the plants didn't have a year warranty, too. Nevertheless, customer service was really nice and they did whatever it was for the problem that I had. Getting in touch with them was easy. I just don't order anymore because I didn't have the luck.

Roberta's Gardens response

We appreciate all the comments we receive. This helps us improve in all aspects. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at anytime you need help call our customer service @800-428-9726.

Original review: April 29, 2018

How well Roberta's grows appealed to me. Most of our purchases were in good condition. We, however, had a little bit of a problem with some of them being damaged, but customer service took care of that and they handled it very well. Unfortunately, they ran out of lavender, which I really loved, so we ended up picking some others things. But other than that, it was okay. Some of the lavenders are beautiful and held up well. Some of the gerbera daisies had some issues though, so we are going to have to see how they do. We also purchased food from them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your review of our company. We strive to have the best quality bulbs and plants available. We also try to have good customer service also.If at anytime you need to contact us for a problem or just to ask questions concerning your item we will be happy to help you. 800-428-9726.

Original review: April 28, 2018

4/27/18 talked to Sandy as she informed me earlier this week that I needed to find the "10 digit order number" from my Spring 2017 orders that arrived dead "melted in the plastic bag due to heat" in transit. I was trying to inform her that the replacement items from last my Spring 2017 order arrived dead again due to how it was shipped last week as the plant was not actually in the pot and had no soil over the bulb - Geranium Hardy All Carmine Rose Max Frei and Geranium Hardy All Pink Striatum.

Sandy informed me that she could not find any orders being placed by me last Spring or this year! The sad part of this was her horrible attitude. I pulled my 10 orders from 2017 and found that purchasing from Roberta's website gave a 9 digit order number. Not a 10 digit number. When I gave her the exact order number once again - "same information I gave her earlier this week" she told me that she still couldn't find anything and would have to go to another larger computer and it would take longer that she had time on the phone that she would have to call me back.

Sandy called me back at 12:46 P.M. to tell me that she found my order that it was under a different phone number, "she never asked me for a phone number only my order number". She then informed me that she put through another replacement order and proceeded to inform me that this would be the LAST REPLACEMENT order Roberta's would do for me!! They will not ship anymore replacements to me. I told her that I would be leaving a negative review as Roberta's is suppose to have a 1 year replacement guarantee on all perennials and it wasn't my fault that Roberta's didn't ship the plants properly to keep them alive in transit. The unfortunate part is that we also ordered 6 sets of their hardy lavender last year and it is not greening up yet this year and I'm guessing we will take the loss on this since they really don't stand behind her product.

Roberta's Gardens response

I am sorry you had a bad experience with our customer service. I checked your account and see you have received the new Geranium replacements. I hope these do well for you. When our plants leave here they are packed well, they do get thrown around in the shipping process and we have complained about that to no avail.. We take all comments that are negative and try to improve. I also noticed you had 2 orders of Lavender and they are eligible for replacements if they are not coming back for you. Call our customer service @800-428-9726 or fill out a replacement form on our website www.robertasinc.com.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I would recommend Roberta's. I mostly get Perennials and they're good for the most part. I've known Roberta's Gardens for 10 years and so far everything's been fairly good until this last one. The last three Peonies that I got in, they shipped it on the 18th and they didn’t show up. It was about 10 days in the mail and it's not doing anything right now.

Roberta's Gardens response

The Tree Peony is a very slow grower and will not do much this year as it is a very early Spring flower. I would keep an eye on it and if nothing happens just give our customer service a call @ 800-428-9726 and you will be put in for a replacement.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I purchased plants, bulbs, everything for the garden from Roberta's and they're of very good quality. When something dies I deal with Roberta's reps through email and it has been excellent. I'm very happy with them. Purchase plants from Roberta's. They're very good.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind remarks. We always appreciate hearing from our customers. If there ever comes a time you need to ask us a question call us at 800-428-9726. WE have a great customer service and any of them will be happy to help you.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I was checking the QVC website for some flowers and I purchased a pair of perennials. There were some other flowers that came in with the shipment that didn’t survive. My husband suggested to leave it alone. But I wanted to fight for my flowers because they're supposed to guarantee them for a year. But I did call them twice. One was they were busy and it took me a little while to contact them because the first flowers that I got, all of them died. Then, I had to call them again and that's when my husband suggested to just forget it.

But the experience with everyone has been good. I can't complain about their attention and they were very helpful when I spoke to them. Sometimes, when you're dealing with people on the phone, it's just more difficult than dealing with them in person because it's not face-to-face communication but if you do have the time I recommend Roberta's Gardens. I love their products. The ones that are surviving are bushy and growing like they are shown on TV.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks. WE strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If for any reason you need to have some replaced or just have a question do not hesitate calling our customer service as they are very helpful and happy to help.

Original review: April 25, 2018

A couple of times I've ordered my plants from Roberta's Gardens but they didn’t do what they were supposed to do. I first heard about them on QVC and I ordered some perennials. The delivery experience was fine. Everything was good and I thought they shipped it really nice. They gave the instructions and I did exactly what it says and it died. And the next year I thought it was just dormant and it didn’t come back. I'm not gonna buy off TV anymore because you just don't know what you're getting.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our company. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. Our perennials are guaranteed for 1 year and our annuals for 90 days. Anytime there is a problem or even a questions all you need to do is call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I love watching your shows on QVC. All is lovely but I think plants to So. Cal should be shipped sooner and you should ride UPS harder about their poor poor deliveries. Packages look like they played football with them. This Trample me thyme was trampled. Didnt have a chance.

Roberta's Gardens response

WE ship the warmer states as soon as the zones open up. There are a few plants that cannot ship to early if they ship from our locations in Michigan and Indiana due to weather. If they ship to early they would be frozen before they reached you. As far as UPS or USPS we have complained but to no avail. I checked your account and saw you received a replacement Clematis for your Thyme. Thank you for purchasing Roberta's products. Have a great day.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I got a couple of things from Roberta's Gardens that never grow. When I plant them, they stay dormant. I waited until about the middle of July and then I called. I told them that the plant didn’t grow and so far, they've always sent replacements to me. I like that they could guarantee their product. For the last years or so, there was a bulb that was going to grow and bloom but it just sat there and the bulb ended up dying. So, I called them and they said, "Okay, we don’t have any but ma'am, you'll get them the next year." And that was two times and I got them the next spring and I always got two each time.

They've got some beautiful flowers out there. And you've got to watch where you plant stuff so it won't be too wet because it rots. But years ago, I remember some of the stuff just never come up after the next year. Most of the stuff has come up but sometimes I blame the chipmunks during the fall. They can do a lot of damage. In fact, I killed quite a few chipmunks last year.

Roberta's Gardens response

Adeline, Thank you for the positive comments. We strive to have good quality plants and bulbs. If there is ever a problem just call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and one of our well trained customer service reps will be happy to help you. Thank you for purchasing Roberta's products. Have a great day!

Roberta's Gardens Company Information