Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Roberta’s Garden has provided plants and flowers to novice and seasoned gardeners for more than 50 years. Unlike traditional plant business and nurseries, Roberta’s Garden reaches its audience by being part of a popular flower show feature on nationwide home shopping network QVC. Customers can order their flowers by calling the shopping network directly, using the website or downloading the mobile app. It offers a wide variety of flowers and garden products.

BOTTOM LINE

Roberta’s Garden is a family-owned plant business that specializes in unique annuals, perennials, tropicals, and edible plants. It offers free shipping and a comprehensive guide with in-depth gardening advice.

PROS

• Offers a Gotta Grow Guarantee
  • Available online and on QVC
  • Large stock of easy-to-manage plants

CONS

• Reviews state refunds can be difficult
  • Only ships a few months of the year

Top Roberta's Gardens Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

I have been purchasing flowers from Roberta's every year for at least the last seven years! My lawn and flower beds get great comments as neighbors walk by. My large lilies smell so sweet and all the beautiful color will just melt your heart. Thank you very much Roberta's. Andrea in Illinois

How does Roberta’s Unique Gardens work?

Customers can browse Roberta’s Unique Gardens’ user-friendly website and add flowers, trees and other garden additions to their virtual cart. If you’re not sure what to buy for your garden, you can use the online resource guide to learn about every specific plant or flower that Roberta’s Garden offers. You can learn more about specific plants and download a guide that gives you information such as:

• When to expect blooms
    • What size container is best
    • How to winterize the plant
    • Some common issues associated with the plant
    • What to do when the plant arrives at your house
    • A planting guide
    • The average bloom time
    • Suggested light and sun exposure

Once you’ve selected your plants, you add them to your virtual cart, customize your order and calculate your total order.

The Gotta Grow Guarantee

If your bulbs or bare roots do not sprout or your plant dies within one year from the date of shipment, Roberta’s Garden will send you a replacement free of charge. It replaces your order with a similar or comparable plant at no charge if your plant is no longer available.

Roberta’s Garden prices

Roberta’s Garden provides high-quality plants and flowers at many different price points. Traditional houseplants range from $20 to $40, edibles (like blueberries and tomatoes) range from $30 to $35 and annuals range from $30 to 35.

Customers can also buy plants through the QVC shopping network. Most plants and flower bushes cost between $25 to $50 on the QVC website, with certain items, such as Roberta's 80-Piece Spring Flowering Garden Collection, costing closer to $100. Roberta’s Garden popular QVC products include:

• Roberta's 3-Piece Giant Hardy Allium Globemaster Collection: $28
    • Roberta's 1-Piece Hardy Colorful Fall Mum: $28
    • Roberta's 24-Piece Perennial Tulip Collection: $26
    • Roberta's 3-Piece German Bearded Reblooming Irises: $19.85

Shipping and delivery

Roberta’s Garden can ship to any state, but regulations prevent live plants, bulbs and bare roots from being shipped to Puerto Rico, Alaska, the Virgin Islands, Hawaii or Guam. Roberta's only ships plants from mid-March through the first week of June each season, but fertilizer can be shipped at any time. Customers can input their ZIP code to find out what zone they are in, which will determine when their plants are shipped.

Roberta’s Garden does not just grow and ship the plants. The website is a comprehensive guide for new and seasoned gardeners. It offers detailed information about how to plant, prune, transport and take care of everything from a single plant to an entire garden. The “Ask A Gardener” feature lets customers ask garden-related questions and hear back from an expert.

Roberta’s Garden FAQ

Where is Roberta’s Garden located?
    Roberta’s Garden is located in Waldron, Indiana.
    How much does shipping cost with Roberta’s Garden?
    Shipping with Roberta’s Garden varies in price. Depending on the size of your order, you may qualify for free shipping.
    Does Roberta’s Garden offer planting advice?
    Yes. Along with selling plants and flowering shrubs, Roberta’s Garden offers in-depth advice for all types of plants and flowers and gives detailed instructions on how to give your plants the best shot at life.

Is Roberta’s Garden worth it?

If you love plants and want to expand your garden, Roberta’s Garden is worth it. It offers a wide variety of plants and flowers for less than you’d spend at a high-end nursery. Ordering online or through QVC also makes it a convenient way to order plants.

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: July 10, 2020

I love flowers and plants. When gardening comes on QVC, I usually watch it. I have quite a few Roberta's Gardens' plants that I have purchased from them. I like the price and the quality of their merchandise. I have been very pleased with the delivery from Roberta's Gardens. If somebody comes, I immediately go and take the packages and open them to see what is there. I got four lavenders that came and were kind of dried. Other than that, the quality of the plants is superb. I just plant them and wait for them to blossom because I'm always so pleased with what I get. One of my friends has ordered from Roberta's Gardens, too.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants. Let us know if your lavender doesn't come back for you. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I had received a set of 2 hardy fig plants last year, They looked great when they came- green with multiple leaves on each. The stems were like a vine. I planted them in my front yard, supported them and fertilized them. They didn't do much, but I hoped they would come back stronger this year. No such luck. All I had this spring was a very short, dried up twig. I waited until May but nothing happened- no buds nothing. I called Roberta's and told them. They sent me a replacement in June. The replacements were different than what I got last year. These were more like small, thin trees. They were about 10 inches high. One had dark brown

half up then was new bright green growth with several leaves. The other one was just a dark brown twig. No fresh green growth or any leaves or even a bud. I figured I would plant both of them and see what they did. The guide said leaves grow from both new and old.

After about 5 days the twig started to get some little buds and now has 4 small leaves on it and the other one probably has 6 leaves which have gotten a lot bigger. So far so good. I am very happy that they sent me a replacement with no problems. I have never called and asked for a replacement for anything before and was happy with the courteous service. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. We are sorry your first set of plants did not work. so glad you are able to get a replacement and it is working out for you. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants. We take those comments and strive to make it even better. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Get buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Very impressed with the improved packaging - our plants arrived in excellent condition. Other years many of the plants we ordered arrived nearly dead or actually dead. Very successful packaging and shipping this year. Thank you for your attention to this important part of the purchase.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants and packaging. We take those comments and strive to make it even better. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I always watch Roberta’s shows when they come on. Roberta’s is a family, so I like that it’s a family business, and I like their shows. I’m new at gardening and they have a lot of stuff that’s easy for beginners. Some Gerbera daisies were my latest purchase. They're coming up now, and they're pink and white and they're so pretty.

My orders showed up in good standing. Even if you order them and it’s not in your planting season, they wait and ship it when it’s ready for your planting season, so you don’t get them too early and you don’t get them too late. You get it based on your zone, and that’s when they get shipped to you. I spoke with their customer service because they have like a guarantee. A couple other plants weren’t healthy when they arrived, and they sent out replacements for me.

Give Roberta’s a try. I like Roberta’s because they offer stuff that’s not like the big box stores. You can go to those stores and it’s kinda all the same thing. But Roberta’s offers many different plants and flowers that make your garden different from your neighbors. Also, their stuff comes with a planting guide, so it tells you how far to dig your holes, how far to space it, the watering, and if it's drought-tolerant. So, that helps too.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants. We take those comments and strive to make it even better. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I’ve ordered for years from Roberta’s Gardens. I like their stuff, it always comes nice, and I got what I ordered. Everything came in good shape. I’ve never had anything that wasn’t right when it got here or broken or smashed. There was one that I planted that didn’t grow. I watered and fertilized it, and it just sat there and died. I called and told them what the problem was. They said they've been having trouble with some of that plant and just didn’t wanna grow this year. I said that was what mine did. I sent the whole thing back that I needed doing. I tried again and they said they didn’t have any more new ones. I told them to refund my money instead and that's what they’d do.

I wasn’t mad, and I know some of them grow and some of them don’t. They said they would send me a new one next year. But it would be too late for them to grow good in my garden this year by the time they could get them big enough to ship. I told them I’ll just try something else this year, and try again next year. I got roses from them one year and they just grew like mad. It wasn’t a week or two when they had buds and blooms. I love flowers so I work at it. I don’t mind all that stuff.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you again and please stay well!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Two years ago I ordered a collection of bulbs (300+) to be shipped in the fall. They came, I planted and, because we had a very bad winter in northern Montana, only two or three came up. Roberta's agreed to replace them. Okay, but they wanted to replace with an entirely different color grouping; which I would not accept. They agreed to ship a replacement with the correct colors (primarily pinks, purples, and white). The bulbs were to be shipped in the spring. Nothing came. I called Roberta's to find out what happened. The lady I spoke with said the bulbs were being shipped that day. Now this is too late for spring planting. I told her that we had already had snow and frozen ground and could they be delivered in the spring. She said no, they had already been shipped.

What a coincidence that the day I called was the day my order shipped. They finally came and we had a three day break in the weather. When I opened the box there were 80 purple hyacinth bulbs, not 300+ bulbs. I paid almost $150.00 for my original order. There is no way 80 bulbs cost that much. Needless to say I will never have a good thing to say about Roberta's or order from them again!

Original review: July 30, 2020

My sister and I both purchased the 5 pack Beefsteak tomato plants. Both our shipments came with the plants with broken stems or dead looking. The company did send replacements for the damaged plants. We took great care to plant in potting soil (miracle grow for vegetables) and checked daily and fertilized regularly as needed. With all the cost of purchasing the plants and soil/fertilizer, we did not get one tomato to eat. They only get to about the size of a mandarin orange before they start rotting or splitting. They have a mottled, not a solid red appearance. When they are cut into they are whitish inside.

I called Roberta's and they said maybe it's too hot. We live in central FL. (It's hot). Then they said it must have a disease, but they were not sure what. They gave every excuse they could. Then they said to spray Epsom salts on plants. I told the agent the plants were at their growing end and I think there is no chance of any more growth. They agreed. I asked since the agent said it was too hot for the tomatoes to grow, could she send replacement next growing season, but send early before it gets too hot. The agent said no, they already replaced once. Well, they shouldn't have sent the replacement so late in the season for FL. It was already too late to get good results. The agent said no, they could do anything. I wish we had never purchased the plants, and just went to our local vegetable market and bought our tomatoes.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Roberta's Gardens sounded good. I’ve gotten hydrangea and some kind of a daylily collection from them. It's been two or three years that I have been watching and purchasing from them and sometimes, the material that comes in isn't what's depicted on the television. It looks bigger on the presentation than what I actually get in the mail. Also, sometimes, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think they are shipping and packing well enough. They're upside down. The roots are out of the pot. Then if there was just a ball of soil, it's scattered all in the plastic. I know I lost some things once and a couple of times, I had to have credit. Overall, it was not the greatest. It's been less than pleasurable. I had some stuff that's made it and it’s done okay. I have also lost some stuff. Most of the time, it was a struggle I think next year, maybe I won't buy plants off television anymore. I've learned my lesson. But it’s a lot of 50-50 experience.

Original review: July 5, 2020

This is the second time that I have tried to use Robertas from QVC and each time I have been disappointed. The Hens and chick all died very quickly. These tomato plants arrived looking really good, in late May but never thrived. Two plants appeared to be doing well but are now disfigured and not growing. Only one of the six plants ever flowered and the one that has 2 tomatoes is not growing upright and is dying. I am a careful gardener so I know what I am doing. None of the websites work and the time for phoning complaints is short. I don't want another shipment. I want my money back.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the plants not growing. Healthy tomato plants grow rapidly in the right conditions, but if some factor isn't to the plant's liking, its growth will slow or stop. Tomato plants that stop growing might be suffering from disease or insect infestation, or they may simply need a dose of nutrients. We are out of all vegetable plants, and are done with shipping for this season. If you would like a refund you can call QVC or if you would like a replacement we can ship 2021 just call and let us know. Again we are sorry for your plants not working for you.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I waited over a month for 2 different orders, to have them canceled. I fully understand the Covid19 delay with most all the shipping at QVC. I was looking forward to growing my beefsteak tomatoes and my flowers I ordered. I am sad...That is all!

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the disappointment. We are all having a different and tring time this year. We are sad we have had to cancel orders when we know this is the year people need more then ever to have them delivered. Again we are so sorry for the sadness you have had to endure.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information