Call toll free
3.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

842 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have a lot of good nurseries around here. If they are good, their prices are just nuts. If you go to places like Home Depot and Stein's, there is not too good a chance at something surviving. I haven't bought many things from Roberta's but I've always been happy with what I received in the mail. However, I bought some lavender last year and it all died. In its defense, we have 50 below zero temperature in Wisconsin which we've never had before. I read in a book that the phenomenal lavender is zone 6 so if Roberta's sold them, they should know that it does not grow or survive a winter in zone 5. I tried it twice and neither time did it survive. I'm retired and I'm old. I can't afford to buy a whole lot of stuff and I'm trying not to spend a lot to get my gardens done.

The packaging of the items I received was excellent. But I contacted their customer service once. Something I got from them died. The rep said they could replace it with six of something else if I wanted. She named off some things that were eligible to be shipped and I chose the Cheyenne Spirit. But I'm not sure if I ever received the replacement. I know they get busy and they have other things to do besides QVC, so I thought that I could live without it. The customer service and everything was very friendly, though. QVC gave me a number to call which was an 1800 number for Roberta's. QVC said that after an item leaves Roberta's or after I order it from QVC, they no longer had anything to do with it. I could understand that because they're not a nursery.

Another thing is when you get something through the mail, no matter how good the quality, it always takes about five years for it to start perking. It is also twice as small as it is in a store or a nursery. The first year, they sleep. The second year, they creep. The third year, they leaf. You have to wait five years to get any results. And we live in Wisconsin. All of the weather patterns are changing. Last year we had a wet spring and all summer was in the 90s. You couldn't even get outside to do anything because you couldn't breathe out there.

Roberta's Gardens response

Toni,. We are sorry your Lavender did not make it thru the Winter. It will survive temps from -20 to 10 degrees in most areas.. If it gets colder than that it will not survive. If you want to keep it alive you can put in a container and store in a garage or basement and bring out when temps warm up. Also Lavender likes a good watering when planted then not again until completely dried out. You also do not need good soil, it grows in dry,rocky soil.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Roberta's Gardens has had some unusual things that I can’t get from standard nurseries which I enjoy seeing. I've bought things over the last few years from them. My interactions with their reps have been fine and the items I've received have had good quality. Though I've had some things that didn’t do well with the delivery, I called Roberta's Gardens and they replaced the items.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Sue for taking the time to review our company and to give us good remarks. We always strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our Customer Service representatives will be happy to help you. You can also check our our website to see all items we have available. Again thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a faithful customer of Roberta's for many years! I always receive quality plants and easy to follow instructions. I order from QVC early in the season and I get something new and unique almost every year from them. I could go to local stores to buy, but they wouldn't have the neat items Roberta's does. Then there is the guarantee, if it dies, and they have once or twice, I get replacement plant! You can't get that at local store! Also the care information is specific so there's no guessing.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for being a faithful and loyal customer of Roberta's and the great review rating. We strive to make each one of our customers happy with quality, unique plants with great customer service and appreciate when our customers take the time to tell us know. We look forward to another great growing season with customers like you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I love to look at flowers. Also, we have over 250 hummingbirds and I thought that if I got flowers, the birds could have them aside from the food that we feed them. My friends said that Roberta's Gardens had the best plants and that they were hearty. So, I bought plants from them through QVC. Their reps were really nice and I have no complaints with any of their service. But they should let me choose when I want my orders to be delivered because they sent my orders when just before we had a heat wave, so the plants died. But they sent a replacement.

After that, I ordered again but they also sent the plants right before the heat wave, so they didn't survive. They said that they were going to replace them but they said they were gonna send them when they thought they'd be right for our area. They should have sent the plants in November or December where they could get a foundation and so the roots could get more sturdy. I usually plant my flowers in November and December and those get hearty by the time the heat comes, and they survive. But they didn't give me a date for the delivery so I told them that if they were going to send the plants in May again, then we'd get our heat wave again. So I told them that I wasn't gonna buy anymore and that if they couldn't give the plants to me when I wanted them, I didn’t want them.

Recently, I ordered from Roberta's again and I thought that this time my experience would be different. I ordered the Hens and Chicks plants and I liked them. But Roberta's still sent my orders just before we got the heat wave. Plus, I got them two days before we went on vacation and that meant I wasn't here to water them completely. So they all died. But other than that, my experience with Roberta's was fine and I like their plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had problems with some of our plants. I checked your account and saw you had several orders of the Hens & Chicks and also the Orchid Cactus. Both those items have a one year warranty and can be replaced. If you would call our 800-428-9726 number and speak to one of our customer service representatives they can enter you in to receive replacments in the Spring. The only items we have available in the fall are bulbs that come up in the Spring, Like Tulips, Hyacinth, Crocus, etc... Our main shipping time is March thru end of June.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I ordered two Peony trees and bulbs from Roberta's Gardens, but nothing came up from the bulbs when I planted them. I planted the Peony tree in a pot on my deck. Part of the tree died off and I just left it, that beautiful sunshine without being tormented by the sun but it’s started coming up again then that died off. I called QVC about this so they credited my account. However, I can’t tell if it came up or not as there were a lot going on this spring. I was in the hospital for seven weeks and since I got home, I delegated. I walked out there some weeks later which we had some beautiful rain and the neighbors helped water and kept everything hopefully going. Maybe they over-watered. I had the lawn guys mow down weeds that were over my head tall. I said I cannot pull those out. I tried going out there and working in the yard and it was just too exhausting for me.

None of the plants that my friends planted for me came up. My house was built back in 1964 and when I dig down into the yard, I can go down 18 inches and still have black soil so I don’t understand why nothing came up. The neighbor came over and dug up some of the bulbs and they were just like mush. However, the ground wasn’t mushy, so I’ll try again next year. I like how that gentleman that’s on there talks about the plants like they were his sisters. He’s a tall, blonde, muscled guy and he sells the plants so well that when I buy for myself, I buy for my son. He too has a garden and I have seven flower gardens. I like all the things that he had to show. I tried to get in some of the double-blooms and they were so beautiful.

Whenever I order the flats of Sedum, they deliver them way too early. I opened up the boxes as instructed and put a plastic bag in the box and I put the tray of Sedum back into that box with the plastic. I kept watering it in the house so I was growing Sedum in my foyer. I called and asked them why it was sent early. It was in March because I’ve been going to the hospital till April so a friend of mine kept coming over and checking out. The plants are tall and they look so pretty. It was the only time I had had any conversation with anybody from their customer service and they were very nice about it. They told me to call them back if the plants die but they lived quite well in the foyer. I will recommend Roberta's Gardens to a friend because they show well on television.

Roberta's Gardens response

Shirley, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We hope you are well on your road to recovery and will be able to garden this coming Spring. I checked your orders and do not see where you purchased Sedum from our company. The Sales person you describe is also not one of ours. You have purchased several items from our company and we will be happy to help you with replacements if you need them. Call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and one of our representatives will be happy to help you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Every order for the past year died. Bulbs, lilies, etc. I even bought your fertilizer. Helped in the beginning, but died a month or two later. They were potted. Not put in the ground. I would like a email back. Thanks Dee.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to rate your experience with Roberta's Gardens. We're sorry to learn that you have not been satisfied with your plant collections. We are sorry our plants have not performed well for you and a customer service representative will be contacting you very soon. We look forward to having the opportunity to work for you and provide you with some complimentary replacement plants for those that died. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our plants.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been ordering live plants from Roberta's for four years straight. EVERY SINGLE plant-order has arrived healthy, well-rooted, robust and totally true and identical to their advertisement and television promotion specimens. Their very specialized and original-type packing material has always kept my ordered plants secure in their mailing box. Out of about three-dozen different orders (each order subsisting of several plants) over the years, only TWICE did I have plants not survive, and both orders were replaced with plants that grew. Consequently, ALL plants ordered from Roberta's (with the exception of the two aforementioned orders that were replaced) have thrived and INCREASED in numbers over the years, even in my harsh, northeastern mountain climate, an experience that I've never had with ANY other nurseries.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you so much for the kind words and the great review. We are thrilled when our customers appreciate our plants and let us know with not only the plants but the whole experience with the shipping and the continuous growing of our products. We strive to make each experience with Roberta's a good one with our plants not only lasting the season but for the years past. We work very hard to get the most unique and healthy plants to our customers. We are always working on the packaging to assure they are shipped and received in the best shape. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you again and we hope you have a great rest of the summer season.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Gerber Daisy - I was refunded my purchase price for this order because they didn’t take after planting. New Jersey rainy summer was possible a contributing factor. I am an experienced gardener and placed them where they should have done well but very heavy rains may have loosened the plants. No problem returning. I have had other excellent plants from the company.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to send in the review for our company with such a great rating. We are very happy when our customers let us know how we are doing as we strive to make each experience with Roberta's Garden a great one. The weather has effected so many areas this season and you being an experienced gardener realize that. Thank you again and hope you have a great rest of the summer season.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I do have some flowers that didn't come up this year. But with a guarantee, I don't worry about losing money. It is a great place to shop. I like the plants they ship, always look good. I may not have a green thumb. Love Roberta's. Terri

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you so much Terri for the kind words and taking the time to write the great review. We always strive to produce and ship the best bulbs and plants and are thrilled when our customers take the time to let us know how we are doing. As always if you have any concerns or questions feel free to contact our customer service and they are happy to help you. Thank you again and hope you have a great rest of the summer season.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I bought several things over the years from Roberta's. 2 years ago I bought a trumpet Vine and it never produced flowers. The plant is very full and green but does not flower. I called them and they said it will take 2 years to produce flowers. This year I bought citronella geraniums. Again they are full and green and no flowers. I suggest buying their plant food. Maybe that's the answer. It's the middle of August and I'm done waiting for the flowers. I will not purchase from them again.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are so sorry that the geraniums have not performed to your expectations. They do take longer to bloom in the cooler areas such as yours and may not be as prolific. They are known for the citronella scent verus the blooming in the 4-8 zones. If you allow them to dry out in between waterings too this does help also with fertilizing once monthly. We apologize that the plants did not perform to your liking. We always strive to make each one of our customers happy with their purchases and would be happy to give you another plant of your choice. If you reach out to our customer service they would be happy to assist you with another plant. We would like to think that you would not give up on Roberta's and help us to help you. Thank you for taking time to review us and hope you have a great rest of the summer.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information