Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5
Get Started

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

Roberta's Gardens Call Now Toll Free (800) 428-9726 Learn More Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I had received a set of 2 hardy fig plants last year, They looked great when they came- green with multiple leaves on each. The stems were like a vine. I planted them in my front yard, supported them and fertilized them. They didn't do much, but I hoped they would come back stronger this year. No such luck. All I had this spring was a very short, dried up twig. I waited until May but nothing happened- no buds nothing. I called Roberta's and told them. They sent me a replacement in June. The replacements were different than what I got last year. These were more like small, thin trees. They were about 10 inches high. One had dark brown

half up then was new bright green growth with several leaves. The other one was just a dark brown twig. No fresh green growth or any leaves or even a bud. I figured I would plant both of them and see what they did. The guide said leaves grow from both new and old.

After about 5 days the twig started to get some little buds and now has 4 small leaves on it and the other one probably has 6 leaves which have gotten a lot bigger. So far so good. I am very happy that they sent me a replacement with no problems. I have never called and asked for a replacement for anything before and was happy with the courteous service. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. We are sorry your first set of plants did not work. so glad you are able to get a replacement and it is working out for you. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants. We take those comments and strive to make it even better. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Get buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I’ve ordered for years from Roberta’s Gardens. I like their stuff, it always comes nice, and I got what I ordered. Everything came in good shape. I’ve never had anything that wasn’t right when it got here or broken or smashed. There was one that I planted that didn’t grow. I watered and fertilized it, and it just sat there and died. I called and told them what the problem was. They said they've been having trouble with some of that plant and just didn’t wanna grow this year. I said that was what mine did. I sent the whole thing back that I needed doing. I tried again and they said they didn’t have any more new ones. I told them to refund my money instead and that's what they’d do.

I wasn’t mad, and I know some of them grow and some of them don’t. They said they would send me a new one next year. But it would be too late for them to grow good in my garden this year by the time they could get them big enough to ship. I told them I’ll just try something else this year, and try again next year. I got roses from them one year and they just grew like mad. It wasn’t a week or two when they had buds and blooms. I love flowers so I work at it. I don’t mind all that stuff.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's a beautiful plant, shiny leaves, but no lemons. Most of the plants I have receive have been good, your return policy is great, never had a problem so far. Only the meyer lemon tree hasn't been up to par.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to give a review. We are sorry you aren't as happy with the Meyer Lemon as other plants you have had from us. The Meyer Lemon is a tropical and is a second season fruit producer. Please make sure in your area to bring the tree inside before temperatures drop below 50 degrees. Also, they will lose their foliage and go dormant during the winter months in your home. This is normal. Do not fertilize until new growth appears next season and water every two weeks during the dormancy period. This should help your Lemon Tree rest and gain energy for producing the following seasons!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This is the second year I’ve ordered something from Roberta's Gardens. I ordered some plant food which is very good on one plant. It's keeping it alive. Two of the plants I ordered died last year. This year, only one died. I got some kind of plant from Africa. One of them is called Rose of Sharon, the other one is desert rose, and one of them is a purple flower. I also ordered a yellow one and it’s still holding up. But I had something else I ordered that didn’t make it.

The delivery process was okay. They come out when it’s your region. I’m in Denver, Colorado and we have kind of a strange weather. It would snow one day. The truck may not get my delivery here on time or I stayed outside too long. The plants I got were fine when they got here. The plant growth has met my expectations too. I thought the plant this year would be a blue one. Nonetheless, I love it and it's growing. I would recommend Roberta's Gardens. I don’t think it was on them that my plants died out. I’m just one of those people with brown thumbs. They told me that in the springtime, they will replace the plants that died because I was dissatisfied.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate customers that contact us when they have a problem with a plant. We will be sending your new Gardenia out to you next Spring. The Yellow Desert Rose you purchased is an amazing plant. You will enjoy watching it grow! We did not carry Rose of Sharon last year or this season, so you must have purchased that from another plant company on QVC. We hope this next growing season comes with even more success!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I ordered Super Sweet Hardy Gerber Daisies from Roberta's Garden since it was one of their specials. During delivery, some of the flowers I got were not in good condition and HSN had to give me credit for those. Also, they were supposed to have been some pink and some white. Instead, the flowers wound up all white when they bloomed. Roberta's also advertised that they were good cut flowers. Instead, once I cut that flower, that’s it. There’s nothing but the stick there. I called and let them know that I wasn't happy with the flowers.

Roberta’s they said that they would replace the flowers during the upcoming season. My plan is to call back to see if they would let me have something else, being that I’m not satisfied with this in the first place. While I was dissatisfied with the order and the flower that I received most recently, the other flowers I got from Roberta's have been great. The Gerber Daisies did great. I'll still recommend this company 'cause they will hopefully take care of my issue.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to send in the review and the high score. We apologize for the roselilies and the have replaced your entire collection for next season. They are rebloomers and need cut only half way down the stem in order to rebloom. We are happy HSN was able to take care of the gerber daisies with a refund for you and again apologize for the delivery issues. Thank you for the feedback and allowing Roberta's to take care of your plant issues and look forward to serving you in the future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 5, 2020

This is the second time that I have tried to use Robertas from QVC and each time I have been disappointed. The Hens and chick all died very quickly. These tomato plants arrived looking really good, in late May but never thrived. Two plants appeared to be doing well but are now disfigured and not growing. Only one of the six plants ever flowered and the one that has 2 tomatoes is not growing upright and is dying. I am a careful gardener so I know what I am doing. None of the websites work and the time for phoning complaints is short. I don't want another shipment. I want my money back.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the plants not growing. Healthy tomato plants grow rapidly in the right conditions, but if some factor isn't to the plant's liking, its growth will slow or stop. Tomato plants that stop growing might be suffering from disease or insect infestation, or they may simply need a dose of nutrients. We are out of all vegetable plants, and are done with shipping for this season. If you would like a refund you can call QVC or if you would like a replacement we can ship 2021 just call and let us know. Again we are sorry for your plants not working for you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 4, 2020

I waited over a month for 2 different orders, to have them canceled. I fully understand the Covid19 delay with most all the shipping at QVC. I was looking forward to growing my beefsteak tomatoes and my flowers I ordered. I am sad...That is all!

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the disappointment. We are all having a different and tring time this year. We are sad we have had to cancel orders when we know this is the year people need more then ever to have them delivered. Again we are so sorry for the sadness you have had to endure.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Very impressed with the improved packaging - our plants arrived in excellent condition. Other years many of the plants we ordered arrived nearly dead or actually dead. Very successful packaging and shipping this year. Thank you for your attention to this important part of the purchase.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants and packaging. We take those comments and strive to make it even better. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Ordered from QVC. My plants never got off to a good start. Watered them. Followed instructions. Three peonies. I paid 90.00. Never grew or prospered. I am a gardener. Work in my yards 2 and 3 hours a day. None of the plants I ordered did poorly. Very disappointed.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We apologize for the Chinese Tree Peony not growing or thriving for you. Roberta's was not able to bring back the Chinese Tree Peony for 2020.We can replace them with another collection of your choosing next year 2021. I have noted your account, if you would like to look on our web site at www.robertasunquegardens.com in the spring and give us a call with you replacement plants. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and hope you find enjoyment with your new replacement.Thank you and stay well!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I like the different flowers I can get from Roberta's. I have ordered the butterfly weed, calla lilies, songbird columbine. I always get good results. I like the planting guide when it tells you what to use when planting in the ground.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind words concerning your plants and your experience with Roberta's. It is always nice to have our customers let us know how we are doing in the whole experience with our plants. We take those comments and strive to make it even better. Thank you for being loyal customer and allowing us to serve you today and in the coming years.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information