Call toll free
3.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This is the second year I’ve ordered something from Roberta's Gardens. I ordered some plant food which is very good on one plant. It's keeping it alive. Two of the plants I ordered died last year. This year, only one died. I got some kind of plant from Africa. One of them is called Rose of Sharon, the other one is desert rose, and one of them is a purple flower. I also ordered a yellow one and it’s still holding up. But I had something else I ordered that didn’t make it.

The delivery process was okay. They come out when it’s your region. I’m in Denver, Colorado and we have kind of a strange weather. It would snow one day. The truck may not get my delivery here on time or I stayed outside too long. The plants I got were fine when they got here. The plant growth has met my expectations too. I thought the plant this year would be a blue one. Nonetheless, I love it and it's growing. I would recommend Roberta's Gardens. I don’t think it was on them that my plants died out. I’m just one of those people with brown thumbs. They told me that in the springtime, they will replace the plants that died because I was dissatisfied.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate customers that contact us when they have a problem with a plant. We will be sending your new Gardenia out to you next Spring. The Yellow Desert Rose you purchased is an amazing plant. You will enjoy watching it grow! We did not carry Rose of Sharon last year or this season, so you must have purchased that from another plant company on QVC. We hope this next growing season comes with even more success!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have a lot of good nurseries around here. If they are good, their prices are just nuts. If you go to places like Home Depot and Stein's, there is not too good a chance at something surviving. I haven't bought many things from Roberta's but I've always been happy with what I received in the mail. However, I bought some lavender last year and it all died. In its defense, we have 50 below zero temperature in Wisconsin which we've never had before. I read in a book that the phenomenal lavender is zone 6 so if Roberta's sold them, they should know that it does not grow or survive a winter in zone 5. I tried it twice and neither time did it survive. I'm retired and I'm old. I can't afford to buy a whole lot of stuff and I'm trying not to spend a lot to get my gardens done.

The packaging of the items I received was excellent. But I contacted their customer service once. Something I got from them died. The rep said they could replace it with six of something else if I wanted. She named off some things that were eligible to be shipped and I chose the Cheyenne Spirit. But I'm not sure if I ever received the replacement. I know they get busy and they have other things to do besides QVC, so I thought that I could live without it. The customer service and everything was very friendly, though. QVC gave me a number to call which was an 1800 number for Roberta's. QVC said that after an item leaves Roberta's or after I order it from QVC, they no longer had anything to do with it. I could understand that because they're not a nursery.

Another thing is when you get something through the mail, no matter how good the quality, it always takes about five years for it to start perking. It is also twice as small as it is in a store or a nursery. The first year, they sleep. The second year, they creep. The third year, they leaf. You have to wait five years to get any results. And we live in Wisconsin. All of the weather patterns are changing. Last year we had a wet spring and all summer was in the 90s. You couldn't even get outside to do anything because you couldn't breathe out there.

Roberta's Gardens response

Toni,. We are sorry your Lavender did not make it thru the Winter. It will survive temps from -20 to 10 degrees in most areas.. If it gets colder than that it will not survive. If you want to keep it alive you can put in a container and store in a garage or basement and bring out when temps warm up. Also Lavender likes a good watering when planted then not again until completely dried out. You also do not need good soil, it grows in dry,rocky soil.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Roberta's Gardens has had some unusual things that I can’t get from standard nurseries which I enjoy seeing. I've bought things over the last few years from them. My interactions with their reps have been fine and the items I've received have had good quality. Though I've had some things that didn’t do well with the delivery, I called Roberta's Gardens and they replaced the items.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Sue for taking the time to review our company and to give us good remarks. We always strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our Customer Service representatives will be happy to help you. You can also check our our website to see all items we have available. Again thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a faithful customer of Roberta's for many years! I always receive quality plants and easy to follow instructions. I order from QVC early in the season and I get something new and unique almost every year from them. I could go to local stores to buy, but they wouldn't have the neat items Roberta's does. Then there is the guarantee, if it dies, and they have once or twice, I get replacement plant! You can't get that at local store! Also the care information is specific so there's no guessing.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for being a faithful and loyal customer of Roberta's and the great review rating. We strive to make each one of our customers happy with quality, unique plants with great customer service and appreciate when our customers take the time to tell us know. We look forward to another great growing season with customers like you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My experience with Roberta's Gardens has always been excellent and they have beautiful flowers. The delivery experience with them has been good but my complaint with all of these places is that we live on Long Island and there is a delivery schedule and I know when they're coming, but they deliver the items too early. Other than that, the quality of the items I've received from Roberta's Gardens is very good. They back them up and if there was anything I didn't like, didn't grow, didn't do, they either replaced it or gave me a credit to use the next year. I recommend Roberta's Gardens.

Roberta's Gardens response

Valerie, Thank you for your good comments. We always appreciate comments that are good and informative. We use these to help us improve our shipping and customer service. If a t anytime you have a question or concern all you need to do is call our customer service number and you will be taken care of. Sometimes the phones are very busy, just leave a message and someone will call you back. Again thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on our company./

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I ordered plants for myself, daughter and daughter in - law and planted all in 'pots' for the first time. It was an excellent experience, plants were great to the point that I gave tomatoes to my neighbors and fellow workers. Looking forward to ordering for next year.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I love Roberta's but the last couple years I have had bad luck with the plants ordered. The beautiful variety of Hibiscus did not come back this year as much as I pampered and cared for them - so sad. Then this Spring I ordered a variety of Cone Flowers which normally do well for me but - not this time. Thus the low rating. Sorry.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have been very pleased with the flowers. On one occasion called and very quickly received replacement. Love your flowers! They are still blooming and look great. Last year they lasted until November and I finally had to let go! Order them every year and on auto delivery for 2020!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's a beautiful plant, shiny leaves, but no lemons. Most of the plants I have receive have been good, your return policy is great, never had a problem so far. Only the meyer lemon tree hasn't been up to par.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The lavender I ordered is fantastic. I will probably order another set of 6 this coming spring. They wintered well. They grew and produced so many beautiful lavender stalks. The Chinese peony only lasted about 3 weeks... once I received it! (Almost a month and a half past the shipment promise.) It was I think too late because it was already hot in the summer. It just kept getting weaker and weaker. The clematis... QVC didn't tell me that they shipped it, so it was in my mailbox and they wilted and turned white.. I live very rural.. I don't check my mailbox but once a week unless I have a shipment coming as it is a mile away. But QVC submitted another order for me and two of the three clematis are doing beautiful.. The white clematis had five big beautiful blooms and the purple had one bloom but the plants are doing good but I did lose the pink one. It just didn't do anything.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information