Call toll free
3.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's a beautiful plant, shiny leaves, but no lemons. Most of the plants I have receive have been good, your return policy is great, never had a problem so far. Only the meyer lemon tree hasn't been up to par.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to give a review. We are sorry you aren't as happy with the Meyer Lemon as other plants you have had from us. The Meyer Lemon is a tropical and is a second season fruit producer. Please make sure in your area to bring the tree inside before temperatures drop below 50 degrees. Also, they will lose their foliage and go dormant during the winter months in your home. This is normal. Do not fertilize until new growth appears next season and water every two weeks during the dormancy period. This should help your Lemon Tree rest and gain energy for producing the following seasons!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The lavender I ordered is fantastic. I will probably order another set of 6 this coming spring. They wintered well. They grew and produced so many beautiful lavender stalks. The Chinese peony only lasted about 3 weeks... once I received it! (Almost a month and a half past the shipment promise.) It was I think too late because it was already hot in the summer. It just kept getting weaker and weaker. The clematis... QVC didn't tell me that they shipped it, so it was in my mailbox and they wilted and turned white.. I live very rural.. I don't check my mailbox but once a week unless I have a shipment coming as it is a mile away. But QVC submitted another order for me and two of the three clematis are doing beautiful.. The white clematis had five big beautiful blooms and the purple had one bloom but the plants are doing good but I did lose the pink one. It just didn't do anything.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are so glad to hear about your overall satisfaction! Lavender is a great plant with many benefits. We are happy to hear you will be adding to your collection. The mailbox situation is unfortunate. QVC does ask to send a lot of the products USPS, so we can see how that could have happened. Thank you for growing with Roberta's!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This is the second year I’ve ordered something from Roberta's Gardens. I ordered some plant food which is very good on one plant. It's keeping it alive. Two of the plants I ordered died last year. This year, only one died. I got some kind of plant from Africa. One of them is called Rose of Sharon, the other one is desert rose, and one of them is a purple flower. I also ordered a yellow one and it’s still holding up. But I had something else I ordered that didn’t make it.

The delivery process was okay. They come out when it’s your region. I’m in Denver, Colorado and we have kind of a strange weather. It would snow one day. The truck may not get my delivery here on time or I stayed outside too long. The plants I got were fine when they got here. The plant growth has met my expectations too. I thought the plant this year would be a blue one. Nonetheless, I love it and it's growing. I would recommend Roberta's Gardens. I don’t think it was on them that my plants died out. I’m just one of those people with brown thumbs. They told me that in the springtime, they will replace the plants that died because I was dissatisfied.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate customers that contact us when they have a problem with a plant. We will be sending your new Gardenia out to you next Spring. The Yellow Desert Rose you purchased is an amazing plant. You will enjoy watching it grow! We did not carry Rose of Sharon last year or this season, so you must have purchased that from another plant company on QVC. We hope this next growing season comes with even more success!

Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have a lot of good nurseries around here. If they are good, their prices are just nuts. If you go to places like Home Depot and Stein's, there is not too good a chance at something surviving. I haven't bought many things from Roberta's but I've always been happy with what I received in the mail. However, I bought some lavender last year and it all died. In its defense, we have 50 below zero temperature in Wisconsin which we've never had before. I read in a book that the phenomenal lavender is zone 6 so if Roberta's sold them, they should know that it does not grow or survive a winter in zone 5. I tried it twice and neither time did it survive. I'm retired and I'm old. I can't afford to buy a whole lot of stuff and I'm trying not to spend a lot to get my gardens done.

The packaging of the items I received was excellent. But I contacted their customer service once. Something I got from them died. The rep said they could replace it with six of something else if I wanted. She named off some things that were eligible to be shipped and I chose the Cheyenne Spirit. But I'm not sure if I ever received the replacement. I know they get busy and they have other things to do besides QVC, so I thought that I could live without it. The customer service and everything was very friendly, though. QVC gave me a number to call which was an 1800 number for Roberta's. QVC said that after an item leaves Roberta's or after I order it from QVC, they no longer had anything to do with it. I could understand that because they're not a nursery.

Another thing is when you get something through the mail, no matter how good the quality, it always takes about five years for it to start perking. It is also twice as small as it is in a store or a nursery. The first year, they sleep. The second year, they creep. The third year, they leaf. You have to wait five years to get any results. And we live in Wisconsin. All of the weather patterns are changing. Last year we had a wet spring and all summer was in the 90s. You couldn't even get outside to do anything because you couldn't breathe out there.

Roberta's Gardens response

Toni,. We are sorry your Lavender did not make it thru the Winter. It will survive temps from -20 to 10 degrees in most areas.. If it gets colder than that it will not survive. If you want to keep it alive you can put in a container and store in a garage or basement and bring out when temps warm up. Also Lavender likes a good watering when planted then not again until completely dried out. You also do not need good soil, it grows in dry,rocky soil.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Roberta's Gardens has had some unusual things that I can’t get from standard nurseries which I enjoy seeing. I've bought things over the last few years from them. My interactions with their reps have been fine and the items I've received have had good quality. Though I've had some things that didn’t do well with the delivery, I called Roberta's Gardens and they replaced the items.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Sue for taking the time to review our company and to give us good remarks. We always strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our Customer Service representatives will be happy to help you. You can also check our our website to see all items we have available. Again thank you and have a great day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had never seen miniature peppers before, and I was curious about them. Roberta's Gardens gave me peppers and strawberries, and I purchased them. I put them in pots right on my deck, and they're very good quality. It said Roberta will show you what to do and how to do it on QVC. I listened to every word and I did every word, and I still got them. They have the best products, and anybody that wants to try it should ‘cause they’ll never go back to anybody else. When Roberta comes back in the springtime, I’ll see what they have.

Roberta's Gardens response

Roberta's would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a spectacular and complimentary review. We strive to provide the customer with the very best in products, but also the general information for getting the most out of that particular plant(s). Roberta's will have a vast and excellent lineup for spring *2020*, and we look forward to surprising you with our new and exciting items!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Bulbs extremely dry. Called Roberta's and told to sprinkle them with water and said this is the way they shipped this year. Not the answer I was hoping for... usually they are very helpful. Makes me wonder will I continue to buy from Roberta's.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the informative review Arlene. Roberta's apologizes for the sub par product, but especially the unsatisfactory customer service experience. We would like to know how we may rectify this situation, besides providing you with an acceptable product, giving the most knowledgeable and understanding customer service possible.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

As I have not received the replacement plants, and won't until Spring, it is kinda difficult to write a review. The people I dealt with, regarding this matter, were very nice and seemed genuinely concerned that the problem be corrected.

Roberta's Gardens response

Roberta's is thrilled that you had such a pleasant experience with our customer service team. We strive to provide customers with the most knowledgeable and helpful solutions, with each question and concern. We apologize that the replacement you ordered, was not available to ship at the time of your order being input. We hope the replacements that you receive are more up to par, and do a better job of representing the exemplary plants Roberta's sells year in year out.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Most of the flowers I bought from Roberta died, which I didn't tell them about. If it's an annual like they come too early or our weather is so terrible sometimes I just don't bother let them know. I just get similar and replace them. But if it's very expensive, that's a different situation. Some of the plants are not so great. The roots are pretty bad, although some are very healthy. Overall, I like Roberta's. They sent me some huge flowers and they're very beautiful. I would buy there any time.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you very much for the vivid and explanatory review. Roberta's strives to provide happy plants to happy people, and we always appreciate hearing ways to considerably improve our day to day operations. If you have any future questions, but most importantly, issues or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. We never want our customers to feel as if they have an inferior product, or an inferior experience with our company!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I had purchased from Roberta's Gardens before, but this time, two of them died. It was sent out a little bit too quick for me. They could have let me know exactly when to put it in the ground. Still, the delivery was fine.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Yvonne for the response. We're sorry to hear that you some trouble with a few of our plants, as well as not having the full and proper knowledge available to you, for proper planting specifications. Please let us know how me may rectify the situation, to your satisfaction. Roberta's is thrilled that you are pleased with shipping and receiving aspects, and hope we can improve, to be able to maintain consistent and positive outcomes!

Roberta's Gardens Company Information