Get a Free Quote Learn More
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5
Learn More

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More
Roberta's Gardens Call Now Toll Free (800) 428-9726 Get a Free Quote Learn More

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's a beautiful plant, shiny leaves, but no lemons. Most of the plants I have receive have been good, your return policy is great, never had a problem so far. Only the meyer lemon tree hasn't been up to par.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to give a review. We are sorry you aren't as happy with the Meyer Lemon as other plants you have had from us. The Meyer Lemon is a tropical and is a second season fruit producer. Please make sure in your area to bring the tree inside before temperatures drop below 50 degrees. Also, they will lose their foliage and go dormant during the winter months in your home. This is normal. Do not fertilize until new growth appears next season and water every two weeks during the dormancy period. This should help your Lemon Tree rest and gain energy for producing the following seasons!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The lavender I ordered is fantastic. I will probably order another set of 6 this coming spring. They wintered well. They grew and produced so many beautiful lavender stalks. The Chinese peony only lasted about 3 weeks... once I received it! (Almost a month and a half past the shipment promise.) It was I think too late because it was already hot in the summer. It just kept getting weaker and weaker. The clematis... QVC didn't tell me that they shipped it, so it was in my mailbox and they wilted and turned white.. I live very rural.. I don't check my mailbox but once a week unless I have a shipment coming as it is a mile away. But QVC submitted another order for me and two of the three clematis are doing beautiful.. The white clematis had five big beautiful blooms and the purple had one bloom but the plants are doing good but I did lose the pink one. It just didn't do anything.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are so glad to hear about your overall satisfaction! Lavender is a great plant with many benefits. We are happy to hear you will be adding to your collection. The mailbox situation is unfortunate. QVC does ask to send a lot of the products USPS, so we can see how that could have happened. Thank you for growing with Roberta's!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This is the second year I’ve ordered something from Roberta's Gardens. I ordered some plant food which is very good on one plant. It's keeping it alive. Two of the plants I ordered died last year. This year, only one died. I got some kind of plant from Africa. One of them is called Rose of Sharon, the other one is desert rose, and one of them is a purple flower. I also ordered a yellow one and it’s still holding up. But I had something else I ordered that didn’t make it.

The delivery process was okay. They come out when it’s your region. I’m in Denver, Colorado and we have kind of a strange weather. It would snow one day. The truck may not get my delivery here on time or I stayed outside too long. The plants I got were fine when they got here. The plant growth has met my expectations too. I thought the plant this year would be a blue one. Nonetheless, I love it and it's growing. I would recommend Roberta's Gardens. I don’t think it was on them that my plants died out. I’m just one of those people with brown thumbs. They told me that in the springtime, they will replace the plants that died because I was dissatisfied.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate customers that contact us when they have a problem with a plant. We will be sending your new Gardenia out to you next Spring. The Yellow Desert Rose you purchased is an amazing plant. You will enjoy watching it grow! We did not carry Rose of Sharon last year or this season, so you must have purchased that from another plant company on QVC. We hope this next growing season comes with even more success!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I ordered Super Sweet Hardy Gerber Daisies from Roberta's Garden since it was one of their specials. During delivery, some of the flowers I got were not in good condition and HSN had to give me credit for those. Also, they were supposed to have been some pink and some white. Instead, the flowers wound up all white when they bloomed. Roberta's also advertised that they were good cut flowers. Instead, once I cut that flower, that’s it. There’s nothing but the stick there. I called and let them know that I wasn't happy with the flowers.

Roberta’s they said that they would replace the flowers during the upcoming season. My plan is to call back to see if they would let me have something else, being that I’m not satisfied with this in the first place. While I was dissatisfied with the order and the flower that I received most recently, the other flowers I got from Roberta's have been great. The Gerber Daisies did great. I'll still recommend this company 'cause they will hopefully take care of my issue.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to send in the review and the high score. We apologize for the roselilies and the have replaced your entire collection for next season. They are rebloomers and need cut only half way down the stem in order to rebloom. We are happy HSN was able to take care of the gerber daisies with a refund for you and again apologize for the delivery issues. Thank you for the feedback and allowing Roberta's to take care of your plant issues and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have a lot of good nurseries around here. If they are good, their prices are just nuts. If you go to places like Home Depot and Stein's, there is not too good a chance at something surviving. I haven't bought many things from Roberta's but I've always been happy with what I received in the mail. However, I bought some lavender last year and it all died. In its defense, we have 50 below zero temperature in Wisconsin which we've never had before. I read in a book that the phenomenal lavender is zone 6 so if Roberta's sold them, they should know that it does not grow or survive a winter in zone 5. I tried it twice and neither time did it survive. I'm retired and I'm old. I can't afford to buy a whole lot of stuff and I'm trying not to spend a lot to get my gardens done.

The packaging of the items I received was excellent. But I contacted their customer service once. Something I got from them died. The rep said they could replace it with six of something else if I wanted. She named off some things that were eligible to be shipped and I chose the Cheyenne Spirit. But I'm not sure if I ever received the replacement. I know they get busy and they have other things to do besides QVC, so I thought that I could live without it. The customer service and everything was very friendly, though. QVC gave me a number to call which was an 1800 number for Roberta's. QVC said that after an item leaves Roberta's or after I order it from QVC, they no longer had anything to do with it. I could understand that because they're not a nursery.

Another thing is when you get something through the mail, no matter how good the quality, it always takes about five years for it to start perking. It is also twice as small as it is in a store or a nursery. The first year, they sleep. The second year, they creep. The third year, they leaf. You have to wait five years to get any results. And we live in Wisconsin. All of the weather patterns are changing. Last year we had a wet spring and all summer was in the 90s. You couldn't even get outside to do anything because you couldn't breathe out there.

Roberta's Gardens response

Toni,. We are sorry your Lavender did not make it thru the Winter. It will survive temps from -20 to 10 degrees in most areas.. If it gets colder than that it will not survive. If you want to keep it alive you can put in a container and store in a garage or basement and bring out when temps warm up. Also Lavender likes a good watering when planted then not again until completely dried out. You also do not need good soil, it grows in dry,rocky soil.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I got Gerber Daisies through Roberta's Gardens and they were okay. However, I looked out the other day and I don’t even see a start of them coming back up. They should be starting to poke through or at least show something. That kinda concerns me when they say it’s a perennial and they can stand cooler weather. I’m not sure if I wanna keep them. Still, everything was great with Roberta's. If I order something too soon, they wait and send it later for my climate.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Two of my plants died. Person I talked to said no problem they will be replaced. Later received email confirming plants to be sent at appropriate time. Spoke with Sandy F. She was very polite. Have ordered from Roberta's many times and will continue to do so.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback and strive to offer spectacular customer service. We pride ourselves on putting the customer first. Sandy is a pleasure to have a Roberta's!

Original review: March 15, 2020

Seems all plants I order die. My Gerber daisies and lilies are all that lived, so far. Olive died. Any vegetable died without producing. 100 year plant we were really counting on-dead. Very disappointing for the prices we have paid. Everything looks so good on-screen! Trying real hard not to order this year!

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for your disappointment with the plants you have received. In looking into your order, we do not have that you have ordered any edibles from us in the last three years. We also did not sell an Olive item. We understand the money you put into the Desert Rose. The 100 year plant was fully refunded by QVC back to you.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I've been very pleased with Roberta's perennials as well as their return services. I look forward to new varieties in the future. I've enjoyed their poppies, roses, lilies, hydrangeas, and Columbine. I ordered a palm tree that didn't make it through the winter but their refund policy was very user-friendly.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love to hear you are enjoying so many of our plants. We strive to provide great customer service and stand by our replacement policy. We look forward to bringing you many more enjoyable memories! Happy Gardening!!

Original review: March 14, 2020

Everything I order died. I believed that the plants are shipped too early in the spring and by the time the froze is gone and the summer had started it too late. For the past five or more years I have wasted so much moneys that I have decided that I am not ordering any more plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize that for your plants not thriving for you. We ship according to your USDA zone time. If you order directly through Roberta's we can manipulate ship dates. Unfortunately, QVC is not able to push back ship dates.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information