3.54/5
Based on 177 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

679 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I love watching your shows on QVC. All is lovely but I think plants to So. Cal should be shipped sooner and you should ride UPS harder about their poor poor deliveries. Packages look like they played football with them. This Trample me thyme was trampled. Didnt have a chance.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I got a couple of things from Roberta's Gardens that never grow. When I plant them, they stay dormant. I waited until about the middle of July and then I called. I told them that the plant didn’t grow and so far, they've always sent replacements to me. I like that they could guarantee their product. For the last years or so, there was a bulb that was going to grow and bloom but it just sat there and the bulb ended up dying. So, I called them and they said, "Okay, we don’t have any but ma'am, you'll get them the next year." And that was two times and I got them the next spring and I always got two each time.

They've got some beautiful flowers out there. And you've got to watch where you plant stuff so it won't be too wet because it rots. But years ago, I remember some of the stuff just never come up after the next year. Most of the stuff has come up but sometimes I blame the chipmunks during the fall. They can do a lot of damage. In fact, I killed quite a few chipmunks last year.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The 2 orders of succulents I purchased for a friend did not bloom or thrive last summer. Roberta's replaced the order this year at the correct planting time! Am looking forward to much better results... Hope that they will spread and bloom as described.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased this plant (Desert Rose Double Pink) from QVC and it died. Roberta's replaced it after 5 months. When it was delivered by USPS it was all busted up and the only thing left in the pot was the bulb, the dirt was all over the box, my guess would be because someone at Roberta's put the shipping label on the bottom of the box. When I contacted Roberta's they said they were sorry about the plant but they only replace plants one time and for me to contact QVC. In my opinion Roberta's is at fault and should replace this item. I have pictures but no one was interested.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased some Babies Breath plants and they did not survive and were guaranteed for a year so I notified them and they replaced with some Creeping Thyme, which was fine with me, but it was half dead when received. I called to let them know and they informed me that THE REPLACEMENT WAS NOT GUARANTEED, so no replacement or refund. All they said was, "Well Cottage Farms does the same thing!" Then HUNG UP ON ME.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: April 15, 2018

Nothing but the best to say about Roberta's Garden. We have received a number of things from them through QVC. Their plants are top notch. Last year my wife had an issue that the peony she ordered was the wrong color. She had ordered red instead of yellow. We just received a red Chinese tree peony, as this is the time of year they can be planted. This is OUTSTANDING SERVICE.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks. We always appreciate hearing from customers that are happy with our products and service. If there is ever a time you need help with anything or just have a question give our customer service a call @ 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help. Have a great day.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 13, 2018

We ordered a perennial called creeping thyme. Was disappointed when we received it because we were not told it doesn’t bloom the first year, and of all the 36 plants it looks like there’s only 1 plant that survived. We were really looking forward to the ground cover.

Roberta's Gardens response

This item has a year warranty. If you call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 they will put you in for replacements.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

Very disappointed when my long awaited Bloomerang lilac that came to me all wilted. I have my hole dug and not sure I will trust to have them send me another. It was dry as a bone when it arrived. My 6 tomatoes I received yesterday were just dry brush! QVC was awesome re an immediate credit but their shipping dept needs some care. Guess I'm stuck with Lowe's, but they probably won't have the special items or price I got from QVC.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had a problem with both your Lilac and Tomatoes. It seems like when they were shipped the weather changed and they traveled thru Snow and freezing temperatures. We would have gladly replaced them. anytime you order something from us and it does not come the way you expect just call our customer service and they will take care of you. 800-428-9726.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The strawberries from Roberta's Gardens looked good. I had to wait on the delivery because of the season but they came fine. They bloomed and I had strawberries all year.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I've tried a lot of things over the years and we've got a lot of deers so we’ve been trying to combat them and to actually get something to grow. I've tried Roberta's after I saw their products on QVC and I have purchased several things from them. Most of the time they've been good at reimbursing for things that don't come up. But sometimes it's just too far past by the time I realized it's not doing what it's supposed to. They don't grow as quite as promised. Still, I'd tell others that products from Roberta's Garden are fine.

Roberta's Gardens response

Adele, Thank you for your kind remarks. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a question or concern give us a call @ 800-428-9726. You can also check out our website www.robertasgardens.com , there is a lot of information on there.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The plants are very hardy and respond well according to the directions. They arrive in a timely way to plant with easy to understand instructions even for the novice. I have bought Roberta's plants for several years now and are very happy with the results.

Roberta's Gardens response

Barbara, Thank you for your kind remarks. We are always pleased when our customers are happy with our product. If at any time you need assistance with you plants or bulbs just give our customer service a call @ 800-428-9726.

Have a great day!

Original review: March 24, 2018

I'm retired now so I have time to spend in the garden, and I've developed a very small but very beautiful garden area in my yard that I enjoyed looking over. And I like the exotic different plants. So I got involved with Roberta's Garden. I've purchased a few of their Lilies and I like some of them. I go for fragrance and I have an extensive Lily garden. I have enjoyed the flowers but they don't always perform the way they say. I ordered the Lilies of the Valley last year and two of them died and just one lived. I don't know if it did't grow all that healthy when it died. I don't necessarily blame Roberta's because they came packaged nicely. But I'm a little shy of buying things now. Also, they have a little bit description on the television, but they aren't quite accurate.

But the Totem Pole that I got from them is doing terrific, and I've had it now for about four years. It started out slowly and now it look like a beautiful oriental tree. I bought some Lavender last year and it turned out pretty nicely. I have of them in pots and some in the ground and it'll be my first year this year to see if they will come back nicely. I also got some tall Calla from Roberta's. They only lasted a couple of years but I really liked them. Now I see that they have some shorter versions and they're pretty, but I want the taller ones.

Roberta's Gardens response

Chris, Thank you for your kind remarks. We do have a year warranty on all our Perennials and 90 days on all Annuals. If at any time you have a plant that is in question or does not perform for you just call our customer service and they will take care of you. Our customer service number is 800-428-9726. Have a great day!

Original review: March 11, 2018

My son was purchasing some things from Roberta's Gardens for me for spring for my birthday. I had mentioned there were some hibiscus and some other stuff that we wanted to replace so he usually buys me spring bulbs and trees and plants. The delivery is through UPS so there's never been an issue with getting the products. We've had a couple of things that we've had to have replaced for this year. They died last year because of the weather. We had also gotten begonias from Roberta's and there was only two of them that were semi-blooming that were coming out the ground. The rest of them were not but Roberta's was already short out of them. So the customer service told me that they put me on the list to have replacements sent out this year because they were perennials and they were trees so they were under a warranty.

We've been using Roberta's Gardens for a few years. And I like the variety of things that they offer. I'm usually the one that sees them on QVC and then tells my son to buy. If there was something I said that was on TV or I happen to see, he gets online and calls in and orders. If a friend would ask about Roberta's, I would suggest them to make sure to call the customer service if they have any issues, so that they can get the replacements or at least do something for the next year. That would be my suggestion.

Roberta's Gardens response
April, Thank you for purchasing Roberta's products. We are pleased you are happy with your items and our customer service. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. We also have good customer service reps that are happy to help with any problems. If at anytime you need help or just have a question give us a call at 800-428-9726 and you will be taken care of.

Have a great day.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Arrived in fair shape, except one order which was a bit beat up and three of the Baby's plants didn't make it, but over the years pretty good luck. Over the years have had better luck than bad, looking forward to this years plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our company. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at anytime you receive an item you have problems with all you need to do is call our customer service and one of our well trained representatives will be happy to help you. Our customer service number is 800-428-9726. Also you can check our website for information on any item we have. www.robertasgardens.net . Have a great day and happy gardening with Roberta's.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I bought several different products from Roberta's Garden over the years. I received them through the mail, delivered by UPS, but very few things ended up taking off. I dealt with QVC's customer service and it was great. But because I had so many things that failed, I really didn't want to purchase too much more.

Roberta's Gardens response

Genea, We are sorry you had problems with some of your products. When this happens if you call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 one of our well trained customer service reps will be happy to work with you to get the problem taken care of. You can also check out our website www.robertasgardens.net. There is a lot of information on there for each plant we have available. Thank you for your feedback, we use all information to try to improve our products and shipping process. Have a great day.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I've been ordering from Roberta's Gardens for five years and ordering online is the fastest way. Everything comes really well-packaged and the plants are nice and green when they arrive. There are going to be certain plants that aren't going to survive but that's just the nature of nature. That's why nurseries never go out of business. But I have a pretty green thumb and I'm pretty diligent with my garden. The only thing I didn't have luck with was the begonias I bought years ago. We have a large shady area in our yard and those were supposed to be the ones that are really good for the shade. But it wasn't that the plants weren't healthy. Maybe it was just the medium that they were planted in. Otherwise, I've been pleased with their items over the years and I would recommend them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Geneveieve, Thank you for your kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and to have great customer service. If there is ever a problem just call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and one of our well trained representatives will be happy to help you. You can also check out our website www.robertasgardens.net for a lot of information. We are pleased you are gardening with Roberta's. Have a great day.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Roberta's Gardens was on QVC and they were advertising some flowers that my wife and I enjoyed so we ordered them. We have bought quite a few and in most cases they were in good shape. But occasionally there were some runs in the packages. However, ordering was easy so that went well. I would tell my friends that their products are good.

Roberta's Gardens response

Gene, Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our company. Our goal is to have the best quality bulbs and plants available. If at any time you have a concern you can contact our customer service @800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. You can also check out our website www.robertasinc.com to see all the products we have available and lots of information on each plant. Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Roberta's showed on television the plants being a certain size. When I got them, they weren’t anywhere near. One of the big things that frustrated me was a beautiful red desert rose that I was after. I ordered it and it didn’t bloom right away the first year because it's small. It didn’t bloom until a goodly part into the second year and my warranty was over and here it was pink. I was really upset. I called up QVC and they gave me a credit on that.

Then also, they showed there was a cactus orchid. It was multi-colored and there were three of them. They were really small when they came in which I expected. But what really got me was that they showed on TV that the flowers were really, really big, and when mine did bloom, the flowers were really, really small. I had that happen in many instances. Some of the plants that came in were so small. I follow fertilizing programs. I have other plants and I have flowers all around my house. And I had gigantic flowers because I knew what I was doing with fertilizer. I just didn’t have good luck with Roberta’s. I also got 9-piece Live Forever Hens and Chicks Succulents and even though I'm in Florida, I couldn't keep them outside because my sprinkler would get them. So, I have them in my lanai and it seemed to be doing well there.

Roberta’s has things that I couldn't find at the stores and I used some of their fertilizer products. Also, if I had a complaint or reorder, they were very good on that. A couple of times, it was not so good though. I keep on waiting and waiting to see if something happens with the plants and then by the time I realized that my plants weren’t doing good, it was too late to call. So I never got it until next year. So I lose a whole year of growth on top of it. I’ve made up my mind that I wasn’t going to order any from them this year. I wouldn't recommend them too. My experience hasn't been too good.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had problems with some of our products. I see you had replacements or refunds on almost everything you purchased as per our warranty. Some of the items state in the brochure that they do not bloom until the 2nd season. We strive to have the best quality plants available. Anytime you receive an item from us that is not what you think it should be all you need to do is call our customer service # 800-428-9726 and you will be taken care of by one of our customer service representatives. Thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I am very surprised at all the negative reviews of this gardening/plant supplier. I have purchased on both QVC and the Roberta’s website and Cottage Farm and been overjoyed with my garden. I may get confused which are Cottage Farms and which are Roberta’s but I think they are related somehow. I have the jumbo and colossal hibiscus and they have returned again to bloom giant flowers. The tropical hibiscus was breathtaking and I am surprised these all do so well as I live up north. The lily special they ran filled my garden with fragrant blooms, the Gerber daisies I purchased are flourishing. I do use their plant food also. I planted about 20 SunPatiens and they were massive.

I didnt have much luck with the vines at first but they were replaced the next year. I get tons of compliments and my entire garden was purchased online. Seldom did I receive a poorly established plant and if I did it was replaced. I will be purchasing and expanding my garden again this year via internet purchases from these companies.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Anne for all the great comments. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem just give our customer service a call @ 800-428-9726 and one of our representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great day. Looking forward to helping you have another great year of gardening.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Clematis - Ordered in Feb, received and planted mid April. It was a 4 piece collection which I placed in 3 different locations in my yard. They were watered regularly but I noticed little growth. None reached even 6 inches. None flowered. Big disappointment.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had a problem with your Clematis. I checked your order and you are eligible for a replacement. The plants you have will probably come back up this year but we can put you in to receive a new set if you so choose. You can call 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you with a replacement. If you want to try something different go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and choose an item to exchange your Clematis for and we will do that. Have a good day and Thank you for your review.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I first heard about Roberta's Gardens through QVC and I liked what I saw. I usually buy from Roberta's Gardens every year when they come out. I got some very good quality tomatoes and plants from them. Another thing I like with Roberta is I can easily call and they do replace the stuff if something goes wrong. I’ve been satisfied so far and I’m looking forward to this season. I recommend it to anyone.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. Our goal is to provide the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have any questions or concerns contact us @ 800-428-9726 and any customer service representative will be happy to help you. You can always gop to our website also www.robertasgardens.net. Have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

So far, the overall quality of flowers I've purchased from Roberta’s Gardens is good. And even though they sometimes leave it outside or the delivery is taking time, as soon as I call them, they send a replacement order right away. You don't even have to send back the bad ones.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. Our goal is to send the best quality plants and bulbs available. If for any reason there is a problem or even if just a questions all you need to do is call 800-428-9726 and one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives will be happy to help. Have a great day and good gardening.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Robertas Gardens was on air. They had pretty flowers and I wanted to buy them. The items I ordered arrived okay and their quality was good. The reps on the phone were courteous and professional. However, the flowers always show better on TV than they do when you get them. I always thought I had a green thumb, but I think that they have a lot of people that are working for them and taking care of the flowers but I don't.

Roberta's Gardens response

Gaylene, Thank you for reviewing our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have questions or a prob lem call our 800-428-9726 number and a customer service rep will be happy to help you. We also have information on our website. www.robertasgardens.net. Have a great day/!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I'm always looking for white perennials because I have an all-white garden. I bought the white stephanotis, the twin pack of two, from Roberta's Gardens. Then I bought those 100-year old plants. I'm going to buy some more stephanotis this year if they have them because it's the only place I've seen them. Also, those 100-year old plants are still going strong and growing up. I repotted them a couple of times. I have a tiny garden and I don’t have very much space. When I see something white like the stephanotis, I'm going to try some more of them because I don’t think they had a fair shape to start with. One did well but the other one didn’t. I've tried to keep them inside this year and they're the only thing that I've happen to have good luck with. I'm going to try them again.

I also got one of their booster fertilizers and they worked fine too. I use them on all my plants. The stephanotis may be hard to grow and I didn’t do everything right with it but if they have them on again this year, I will try again. I ordered the items from QVC and they got here at the right time. I would recommend Roberta's because they've got unusual stuff. If you had color in your garden, you've lots of choices with them. I have one color so I don’t have the choices or I probably would have ordered more.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, Thank you for your kind remarks for Roberta's Gardens. However, we are not carrying the Stephanotis this season. The white plants we have this season are Lily of the Valley, Siberian Iris, Hardy Gardenia, Cone Flower, and Casa Blanca Lily. You can check these out on our website www.robertasgardens.net . If you have any questions you can call our 800-428-9726 number and any customer service rep can help you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

April 7, 2017 I ordered 8-piece Double Pearl Tuberose bulbs for $29.98. Only one bulb came up and it died shortly afterwards. Really??? I followed directions and take pride in my garden. I won't be ordering again. This happened before with my order. Nothing came up... Very disappointed!!

Roberta's Gardens response

Anna, We are sorry you had a problem with our Tuberose. We would like to take this opportunity to either replace your bulbs with the same or if you prefer we can exchange for another item. If you are interested in another item go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and choose something you would like to try and give us a call @ 800-428-9726. We want you to be happy with your purchase. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I purchased bulbs and strawberry plants. The bag of bulbs was short more than 2/3 of the quantity. The strawberry plants never produced any fruit. I contacted RG and they did send me a new bag of bulbs and when the 2nd replacement shipment of strawberry plants arrived they were dry and almost dead. When I contacted RG's about this no one responded to my emails. I am very dissatisfied and will not purchase anything again because they are expensive and they don't grow like what is shown on QVC.

Roberta's Gardens response

Maureen, I checked your order and saw where we have replaced your Strawberry plants and Begonia bulbs as per our guarantee. I also saw where one of our reps emailed you about contacting QVC for a refund and left a message if you called or emailed to replace your items. If you are interested go to our website www.robertasgardens.com and choose an item you would like to try and give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and we will be happy to help you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I bought some Petunias from Roberta's Gardens and everything went fine with the delivery. The Petunias grew well but it didn't come back the following year. It was just a one-time thing. I also didn’t see the hearts that they described. Other than that, it was a nice plant when it flowers. In addition, Roberta's Gardens backs up their products.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you need help or just information you can call us @ 800-428-9726 and any customer service rep will be happy to help. Also our website has lots of information on all the plants and bulbs available, it is a good source to check. www.robertasgardens.net

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I liked what Roberta's Gardens were advertising. I purchased so many from the cottage farms in Roberta's and they usually come in pretty good condition. 99% of the time my purchases are fine. They replaced things immediately and there was no problem. I would recommend them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary Ann, Thank you for your kind remarks concerning Roberta's Gardens. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or a question all you need to do is call our 800-428-9726 number and one of our representative will be happy to help you. BE sure to catch our shows on QVC this season as we have several new items. Have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I like the uniqueness of the flowers and I've always been happy with the products that I've gotten through Roberta's Gardens. I've used their plant food and I've gotten some of their exotic flowers. They also had a Daylily collection and I got a succulent bed on a flat piece of moss. Everything came as expected and was fresh. I had a problem with one item, but that was quickly taken care of. They just took my information and a new product was sent right out, no questions asked. It happened exactly as they had said it would happen. Their customer service was great. I like that they have different items that stand up to the New York weather. Moreover, the quality of their products is very good. I've bought things more than one year in a row and I'd recommend using them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, Thank you for the great comments regarding our product and customer service. We are always striving to improve in both areas. When we receive comments like yours it makes us very happy. We have some new items this season, be sure to catch us on QVC. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I buy from Roberta's Gardens regularly but sometimes I buy then I don't. The last one I purchased was the one that lasts year-round and stays green pretty all the time. They were saplings, but I was very disappointed in those. They never got much bigger and that cost a bunch of money, but it was fine. Overall, the quality was good. I’d tell others to try Roberta's Gardens. It can't hurt to try and they have some specials that are worth it.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are always trying to improve our products and customer service. If at any time you have a problem or a questions regarding a purchase contact us @ 800-428-9726 and we will be happy to help you. We are having some new items this season, be sure to catch one of our shows on QVC. Have a great day.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information