3.48/5
Based on 207 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 12, 2018

660 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Clematis - Ordered in Feb, received and planted mid April. It was a 4 piece collection which I placed in 3 different locations in my yard. They were watered regularly but I noticed little growth. None reached even 6 inches. None flowered. Big disappointment.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had a problem with your Clematis. I checked your order and you are eligible for a replacement. The plants you have will probably come back up this year but we can put you in to receive a new set if you so choose. You can call 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you with a replacement. If you want to try something different go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and choose an item to exchange your Clematis for and we will do that. Have a good day and Thank you for your review.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I first heard about Roberta's Gardens through QVC and I liked what I saw. I usually buy from Roberta's Gardens every year when they come out. I got some very good quality tomatoes and plants from them. Another thing I like with Roberta is I can easily call and they do replace the stuff if something goes wrong. I’ve been satisfied so far and I’m looking forward to this season. I recommend it to anyone.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. Our goal is to provide the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have any questions or concerns contact us @ 800-428-9726 and any customer service representative will be happy to help you. You can always gop to our website also www.robertasgardens.net. Have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

So far, the overall quality of flowers I've purchased from Roberta’s Gardens is good. And even though they sometimes leave it outside or the delivery is taking time, as soon as I call them, they send a replacement order right away. You don't even have to send back the bad ones.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. Our goal is to send the best quality plants and bulbs available. If for any reason there is a problem or even if just a questions all you need to do is call 800-428-9726 and one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives will be happy to help. Have a great day and good gardening.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Robertas Gardens was on air. They had pretty flowers and I wanted to buy them. The items I ordered arrived okay and their quality was good. The reps on the phone were courteous and professional. However, the flowers always show better on TV than they do when you get them. I always thought I had a green thumb, but I think that they have a lot of people that are working for them and taking care of the flowers but I don't.

Roberta's Gardens response

Gaylene, Thank you for reviewing our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have questions or a prob lem call our 800-428-9726 number and a customer service rep will be happy to help you. We also have information on our website. www.robertasgardens.net. Have a great day/!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I'm always looking for white perennials because I have an all-white garden. I bought the white stephanotis, the twin pack of two, from Roberta's Gardens. Then I bought those 100-year old plants. I'm going to buy some more stephanotis this year if they have them because it's the only place I've seen them. Also, those 100-year old plants are still going strong and growing up. I repotted them a couple of times. I have a tiny garden and I don’t have very much space. When I see something white like the stephanotis, I'm going to try some more of them because I don’t think they had a fair shape to start with. One did well but the other one didn’t. I've tried to keep them inside this year and they're the only thing that I've happen to have good luck with. I'm going to try them again.

I also got one of their booster fertilizers and they worked fine too. I use them on all my plants. The stephanotis may be hard to grow and I didn’t do everything right with it but if they have them on again this year, I will try again. I ordered the items from QVC and they got here at the right time. I would recommend Roberta's because they've got unusual stuff. If you had color in your garden, you've lots of choices with them. I have one color so I don’t have the choices or I probably would have ordered more.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, Thank you for your kind remarks for Roberta's Gardens. However, we are not carrying the Stephanotis this season. The white plants we have this season are Lily of the Valley, Siberian Iris, Hardy Gardenia, Cone Flower, and Casa Blanca Lily. You can check these out on our website www.robertasgardens.net . If you have any questions you can call our 800-428-9726 number and any customer service rep can help you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

April 7, 2017 I ordered 8-piece Double Pearl Tuberose bulbs for $29.98. Only one bulb came up and it died shortly afterwards. Really??? I followed directions and take pride in my garden. I won't be ordering again. This happened before with my order. Nothing came up... Very disappointed!!

Roberta's Gardens response

Anna, We are sorry you had a problem with our Tuberose. We would like to take this opportunity to either replace your bulbs with the same or if you prefer we can exchange for another item. If you are interested in another item go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and choose something you would like to try and give us a call @ 800-428-9726. We want you to be happy with your purchase. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I purchased bulbs and strawberry plants. The bag of bulbs was short more than 2/3 of the quantity. The strawberry plants never produced any fruit. I contacted RG and they did send me a new bag of bulbs and when the 2nd replacement shipment of strawberry plants arrived they were dry and almost dead. When I contacted RG's about this no one responded to my emails. I am very dissatisfied and will not purchase anything again because they are expensive and they don't grow like what is shown on QVC.

Roberta's Gardens response

Maureen, I checked your order and saw where we have replaced your Strawberry plants and Begonia bulbs as per our guarantee. I also saw where one of our reps emailed you about contacting QVC for a refund and left a message if you called or emailed to replace your items. If you are interested go to our website www.robertasgardens.com and choose an item you would like to try and give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and we will be happy to help you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I bought some Petunias from Roberta's Gardens and everything went fine with the delivery. The Petunias grew well but it didn't come back the following year. It was just a one-time thing. I also didn’t see the hearts that they described. Other than that, it was a nice plant when it flowers. In addition, Roberta's Gardens backs up their products.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind remarks regarding Roberta's Gardens. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you need help or just information you can call us @ 800-428-9726 and any customer service rep will be happy to help. Also our website has lots of information on all the plants and bulbs available, it is a good source to check. www.robertasgardens.net

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I liked what Roberta's Gardens were advertising. I purchased so many from the cottage farms in Roberta's and they usually come in pretty good condition. 99% of the time my purchases are fine. They replaced things immediately and there was no problem. I would recommend them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary Ann, Thank you for your kind remarks concerning Roberta's Gardens. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or a question all you need to do is call our 800-428-9726 number and one of our representative will be happy to help you. BE sure to catch our shows on QVC this season as we have several new items. Have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I like the uniqueness of the flowers and I've always been happy with the products that I've gotten through Roberta's Gardens. I've used their plant food and I've gotten some of their exotic flowers. They also had a Daylily collection and I got a succulent bed on a flat piece of moss. Everything came as expected and was fresh. I had a problem with one item, but that was quickly taken care of. They just took my information and a new product was sent right out, no questions asked. It happened exactly as they had said it would happen. Their customer service was great. I like that they have different items that stand up to the New York weather. Moreover, the quality of their products is very good. I've bought things more than one year in a row and I'd recommend using them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, Thank you for the great comments regarding our product and customer service. We are always striving to improve in both areas. When we receive comments like yours it makes us very happy. We have some new items this season, be sure to catch us on QVC. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I buy from Roberta's Gardens regularly but sometimes I buy then I don't. The last one I purchased was the one that lasts year-round and stays green pretty all the time. They were saplings, but I was very disappointed in those. They never got much bigger and that cost a bunch of money, but it was fine. Overall, the quality was good. I’d tell others to try Roberta's Gardens. It can't hurt to try and they have some specials that are worth it.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are always trying to improve our products and customer service. If at any time you have a problem or a questions regarding a purchase contact us @ 800-428-9726 and we will be happy to help you. We are having some new items this season, be sure to catch one of our shows on QVC. Have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My Daylilies flowers died and didn't even grow. I contacted you about the problem. You never got back to me about it. Both orders I got died. The flower bulbs were dried up when they came, so I did what paper Told me to do. Then planted like it said, watered like it said and they still died. I didn't get to enjoy them at all. I would have been happier if you would have got back in touch with me when I contacted you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Teresa, You are entered in our system to receive a replacement order for the Daylilies. There is a message on your account that one of the reps emailed you 7 months ago regarding replacements. I am sorry you are not happy but we have done everything on our end to do. These replacements will ship to you in Spring when time to plant in your area. You should receive an email when they are shipped. Thank you for contacting us and have a great day.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Roberta's Gardens was on QVC and I ordered from them. When the plants were delivered, they were on time but some of the boxes were torn. The plants came wilted in the box. Then the plants suddenly died. They were supposed to refund my money or replace them on the first of spring this year. If you order flowers, you're going to get some every now and then. But overall, they're pretty good.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review Roberta's Gardens. I am sorry that some of your plants/bulbs arrived a bit wilted. I have checked your account in our system and we have you set to receive 20 Anemone Windflower bulbs this spring. Was there any other plants that arrived in poor condition or did not grow and survive the summer? Please let us know and we will get the replacements in our system for shipping this spring. Thank you for your review and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The flowers from Roberta’s Gardens were so beautiful on TV and I like the quality of the items that I’ve purchased from them. But I don't have a whole lot of luck with them. I ordered a summer amaryllis and there was three of them. They grew for the last two years but they never bloomed, and all I ever got out of them were just big green leaves. Then the ice plant didn't make it at all and I was a little bit disappointed with that. I tried to call them a couple of years ago using the number that was on their paper, but the lady at Roberta’s was so rude like I was wasting her time, so I never bothered to call back. But I really like Roberta's. The plants are so pretty and they smell so good in the evening.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary Ann, We are sorry you are not completely satisfied with our products. I see on your account where you received a full refund on two items you ordered. The Ice Plant is still under the one year warranty if you would like to receive replacements this year. All you need to do is call us at 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service reps will be happy to put you in for replacements. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Roberta's Gardens has nice flowers and we order when we see something we like. I'm the master gardener but my wife does all the ordering with them. I tell her what I like and she picks what she likes. We bought gerbera daisies and when the flowers got here, I expected them to be better than they were. Yet they were not so good and didn’t bloom. We let them know about a few things that weren't right but we're not one to say anything unless it's really bad.

Roberta's Gardens response

John, I checked your account and saw where you received full refunds from QVC on the two items your ordered. We have a one year warranty on all our perennials and 90 days on annuals. If you ever encoujnter a problem all you need to do is call 800-428-9726 and one of our reps will be happy to help you with questions or replacements.We will have new shows starting January 30th thru the end of May with many new items. Thanks for your review, have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

THESE FLOWERS ARE THE BEST THAT I HAVE ORDERED FROM ROBERTA'S. I have not had much luck with past orders of other perennials, but the Gerber daisies bloom constantly and are such a welcome sight here in high desert climate. Thank you. I only lost one.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind remarks. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If a t any time your need help or just have a question call us our toll free number 800-428-9726. We have a knowledgeable staff that will take care of you. We are looking forward to a new year with many new items. Watch for us on QVC starting around late January. Have a great and happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I order from Roberta’s every year for the past several years. I still have all plants, trees, flowers, etc. They have excellent customer service as well. They will do anything to resolve a problem and make the customers happy. I have experienced that myself. I recommend them to anyone.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Everything I have got from you has died. I will never order plants again. They look great on television but not in our gardens. Maybe it's the soil or the heat. Yours are probably done in a greenhouse early in the season.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you are not happy with your purchases. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If you ever have problems we are here to help and if something doesn't work for you are perennials can be replaced up to a year and annuals 90 days. Just give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and any customer service rep will be happy to help you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Great customer service. No questions asked when a few of my plants never grew. I will order from them again. Look forward to shows on QVC. Love how they describe all plants and how they will grow. The booklets that come with them are excellent reference material.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We buy all of our plants on QVC and I love the warranty on the plants. Roberta’s Gardens has unusual plants and we thought that it would be fun in our yard. We’ve only been back on the East Coast for 12 years and we didn’t know what was and wasn’t going to grow well. They provided us with enough information, so we were able to make an informed decision. We’ve ordered plants that do well on the sun, on the shade and in partial sun, partial shade. Everything shows up perfectly and we’ve not had anything show up destroyed or dead.

We’ve ordered a lot from Roberta’s Gardens and everything has come up. The plants are nice and they bloom when they’re supposed to. We’ve had very few things that have not bloomed or died on us and they replaced them right away. I usually order late at night through automated ordering and last night, I ordered a bunch of stuff. We’ve been very happy with Roberta’s Gardens and we continue to order.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just have a question we have a great customer service department and any of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Just give us a call @ 800-428-9726. We asre looking forward to a great Spring and have several new items this year. Wew will be on QVC starting at the end of January. Have a great year.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I love their flowers and the people that present them. They are very good. They explain how to plant them and where to grow them. I purchase from them every year. I love the way they perform. They do what they say.

Roberta's Gardens response

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Looking so forward to the upcoming season to order more flowers! The ones from last year did twice as well as Roberta's said they would!! The plants (perennials) arrived well packed and as good as I could have driven to a nursery and hand picked!!

Roberta's Gardens response

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This is a great company that we have always been quite please with both the plants and their service. Everyone who looks at what we have planted is always amazed at just how beautiful and unique our plants are. I can say many of my favorite plants have come from Roberta's. A big Thank you to all Roberta's staff!

Roberta's Gardens response

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I was checking QVC and saw the plants from Roberta's Garden. Anything I had purchased before has been fine. However, I purchased a vine plant and they sent me the wrong thing. I didn’t realize until the flowers bloomed. I ordered Clematis. When the flowers came out, they were Morning Glories and they’re dead now. They don’t come back.

Roberta's Gardens response

I certainly apologize for the wrong plants being sent to you this past summer. I have located your account in our system and I have issued a complimentary replacement order for the full 4 pc. Clematis collection. This order will now be shipped to you this spring, when it is good for planting in your area. I am sorry Roberta's sent you the wrong climbing plants and we look forward to sending you the these Clematis.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Flowers that I have ordered just didn't bloom like you said they would... They didn't come up. Thought they would bloom the second season...but didn't get anything... Did every thing that you said I should do...fertilize and all. But flowers didn't look like what was on the show.

Roberta's Gardens response

Zachery, We are sorry you did not get the blooms you were expecting. Any perennials you purchased this year can be replaced if you are not happy with the outcome. We can also replace it with a different product if you prefer. All you need to do is call our customer service @800-428-9726 and one of our reps will help you work this out. Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Have a great day and Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have ordered 3 to 4 hundred dollars the last two years so that should tell you how I like their product. If anything didn't grow it was because of the harsh weather here in Maine or I'm just not the best gardener. Some of their product amazed me with the flowers that grew.

Roberta's Gardens response

Robert, Thank you for the good remarks. Our goal is to have the best quality items available. That is why we can offer a one year warranty on all our perennials and 90 days on annuals. If you ever have a problem all you need to do is call our customer service @800-428-9726 and one of our customer service representatives will gladly help you. Have a great day and wonderful Holidays. Looking forward to next season.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Excellent products, customer service knowledgeable and professional. Have ordered from them for many years. Prices are both fair and reasonable. Have recommended their products to both fun and family. Never had a problem with their product. I will order again for the spring of 2018.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind remarks. We are looking forward to the 2018 season. There will be some new items we are excited about. Be sure to check us out, we will be on air starting mid January. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I like the plants from Roberta's Gardens. I got strawberries from them last year, and two years ago, I got daylilies that are everblooming, and I also got succulent sets. Everything was delivered on time and in good condition, and the instructions were very good, too. However, I had a little problem and I called them up. Then they sent me another replacement with no questions because I told them that the plant didn't make it. The customer service team treated me fine and they were very apologetic that it didn't last. I also called them to ask if I planted it too deep and they said it sounded like I planted it the right way. I've also ordered plants for other people because they don't have QVC.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We like Roberta’s stuff because some of it is very unusual, and we’ve gotten some really nice things over the years. Some last a few years, and then for some reason, they don’t die. Usually, we have good luck with them. We got so many different kinds of plants, and usually, everything comes in good condition. But my husband contacted Roberta’s directly because something didn’t grow and QVC didn’t have a replacement. They suggested we get in touch with the company. My husband made the calls to their customer service team, and he was satisfied. They sent us a new set of plants. They had said that they wouldn’t have them available until this year. But then a short time later, we got them so we were pleased.

I wish they'd bring some more unique products. And it would be nice to get a catalog in the mail and be able to see all the products that they offer instead of having to wait for the garden shows on QVC. When they have the shows, we just try and watch if we know about it ahead of time. So, it would be nice if consumers do not have to go through QVC, and they'd be able to go right through the company and see all their products in a catalog or a brochure that they can order from.

Roberta's Gardens response

Judith, We are very grateful for your positive response regarding oru products. If there ever is a problem all you need to do is call our toll free number 800-428-9726 and you will be taken care of with one of our knowledgeable cutomer service representatives. Also we do not have a catalog vbut we do have a very user friendly website. www.robertasgardens.net. It has all our prouducts listed abnd you can order directly from there. At this time of year everything will show sold out as we do not ship during the winter months. We will also be adding new items and it should have all on by the end ot the year. Have a great Holiday Season and Thank you for reviewing our company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Roberta's Gardens looked like they had different things at a good value. I purchased Hydrangeas from them and the quality was very good as they've done very well. The product was due to be shipped at a certain time and it was. They provide very good value and I had a very easy time with them. I would definitely recommend them.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information

robertasinc.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use