Call toll free
3.42/5
Based on 141 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

739 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Almost everything I purchase died or didn't come up. The lemon tree and strawberries (are alive), was the only thing that live, Berries very sour and tiny, no lemons... I will not be buying anything next year. Heartbreaking, hard on the back at 75 yrs. I've been a good customer over the years but no more. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Sally, We are sorry you did not have good luck with your products. The Strawberries you say are sour, they need lots of water and sun. Also the Lemon Tree will not produce fruit until the 2nd season as stated in your brochure. Most of the items you purchased are not good for your area. When you have problems you need to call us so we can help you. Our customer service number is 800-428-9726.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Roberta's Gardens is a very good company and their price is reasonable. I was watching their program and I thought that I'd start looking for some flowers out in the garden. The way they showcased the flowers were beautiful and they were very knowledgeable. They were also very kind because I had bought some succulent flowers to come up the walkway and they sold those in a package of 18 plants. They were pushing with their advertisement that I can't kill those things, but I did. Only four of them out of the entire pack died and they were kind enough to send me a replacement. I also ordered some oriental lilies from them and I sent those to a friend of mine down in Florida for her birthday.

I've been ordering from them for at least five years now. I wait for their program to come on and it usually comes on some time in March. They do not bill me until the product is shipped out. A few have things died off over the years, but I'm very happy with what I have. I shop around at other stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s and I buy flowers from them, but Roberta's Gardens has diversified flowers and different things, and they are very nice. The flowers arrive beautifully and they are exactly how they tell me. They give me very explicit instructions like when the flowers will arrive, how to unpack them, where to keep them and to keep them watered. Everything is handled very nicely. I will continue to use them and I hope they stay in business so that I can keep ordering different things.

However, I've never received a catalog or any type of brochure that would tell me about different products that they have. I would suggest that they send out a little pamphlet or brochure when they are coming on QVC. What happens is I wait for them to come on and the only place I've seen them is on QVC. I wait until the month of March when they start the gardening programs. At least, I could start planning financially because when I start ordering all these stuff, I could have the money set aside. Overall I would definitely recommend Roberta’s. When I bought the flowers for my friend, she emailed me pictures every time one of the flowers bloomed and she was very happy with them. I referred her to Roberta's in case she's interested in buying for next year.

Roberta's Gardens response

Sharon, Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our company, we are always happy to hear from customers that are pleased with their products. We do not have a catalog as we change items a lot. We do however have a website www.robertasgardens.net. We are always updating it to keep current with the items we are carrying. We also start selling on QVC mid January and start shipping mid March by zones. Also at anytime you have a question or problem you can give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great rest of Summer and watch for us mid January.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I ordered the Viola for the second time, no success. The Lilac brushes still the same size they were when I planted them. The Verbena look like weeds with flowers, not full like shown on QVC. My yard looks sad.

Roberta's Gardens response

Felicia, We are sorry you have not had good luck with your plants. I checked your account and noticed you have not called us regarding your plants. The items you have are under our 1 year warranty and we will be happy to send you replacements in the Spring. All you need to do is call our 800-428-9726 number and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. You can also go on our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill out a replacement form. Looking forward to helping you. Have a good day!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have ordered several different types of plants and bushes from Roberta's and have been very satisfied with most. The ones that didn't work out well were addressed by Customer Service right away. No one drilled me about how I planted, watered or fertilized them. They really stand behind their products and that means so much these days. I love the choices of plants/bushes they offer and usually order something every year. I will continue to order from them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Roberta’s Gardens had unique plants that were hardy in my area and ones that I didn’t see at the local nursery so I ordered from them. A lot of the stuff that they sell comes back every year so that’s another incentive. Also, their guarantee was really good so I know if I got them and they were crap, I could send them back. I’ve purchased a lot over the years—daylilies, rose of Sharon trees and water lilies. Every season, I probably spend between $400 and $500 on stuff from them.

Also, delivery has been pretty good. Sometimes they come via UPS and sometimes, FedEx. Most of the time, the way that they’re packaged, I get them in really good shape which I was surprised with the first time I ordered. Some of the stuff they ship was dormant and it would like a dead twig when it gets here and within a week, it would start to show growth. The quality of the items has been very good as well. There were a couple of plants I had a problem with but I called through QVC and Roberta's replaced them. If I didn’t have it that season, I got it the next season at the regular shipping time so that was awesome. Out of everything that I bought from them, I’ve had to return two plants. Overall, it has been very pleasant to deal with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have had better than average luck with plants from Roberta's. Granted, I have had to ask for replacement plants for some but Roberta's has always kept their guarantee. I wish they would make a separate category for rabbit and deer resistant plants.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

M53072 plants dies over winter. M58859 out of the 6, 3 already have died. Aug 1st and no blooms yet. This will be my last purchase, very disappointed. Will not purchase again. I have a green thumb and these were a fail.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have ordered many items from Roberta's Gardens and have been happy with everything that I have received. The bulbs are huge compared to what you buy at box stores. I ordered the Birds, Bees and Butterfly Bouquet bushes and they were beautiful the first year. They failed to come up the next year. Roberta's replaced them and they are once again blooming and loaded with Monarch larva. Am very pleased.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

At the end of every winter, QVC features Roberta’s plants on-air and we get so excited that spring is around the corner so we buy up a storm of plants. They arrive in April in my zone, and I plant. The condition they arrive in is ok, but 9 times out of 10, they fail midway thru the spring/summer. And I am a 40 yr gardener so I know my stuff. I will not buy plants off of tv anymore. Wait to buy fresh plants at your local nursery where they’re not pumped full of fertilizer to look good in the box and fail 2 months later.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have had difficulty with my plants. (I ordered them through QVC and did get a refund because some of my plants died the first season.) I ordered perennials and what did grow last year did not come back this year. This is the second time flowers I ordered did not grow.

Hello Maryann,

We are glad QVC took care of you by giving you a refund for your plants that failed but we would have been happy to send you a plant replacement of your choice at no charge if you would have liked. We see that the lavender is also on your sales order and have put you in a replacement for next season to enjoy. Thank you.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I got some flowers, ground covers and vines from Roberta's Gardens. I learned about them through QVC. The delivery experience has often been good except for one time when I got them pretty late. Also the leaves were all wilted and some didn't survive. But the items I bought are interesting. They are good products. Some of them died because of my folly, but I have one plant growing right now that has been really in rough circumstances and is still growing after several years and I love it. When I needed assistance I go through QVC and they help me.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karen, Thank you for the good comments regarding our company. We always are happy to hear form customers. If at any time you have a problem with your products all you need to do is give us a call @ 900-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com and we will be happy to help you with any questions or concerns you might have.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The bulbs were wonderful and have bloomed, but will enjoy more blooms next year. Last year I purchased lily bulbs, one set was named Natalie and did not come back. I believe the # was **. I was very disappointed, as my name is Natalie, and really wanted this lily to be in my yard.

Roberta's Gardens response

Natalie, Thank you for taking the time to comment on our company. I have checked your account and you are still eligible for replacements on the Roselily collection. I have entered you into our system to receive replacements for next season. These will automatically ship to you in the Spring and you will receive an email when they are shipped. Enjoy, and have a great day.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have a brand-new garden, about an acre of land, and I'm up in the mountains where it seems like everything grows. I have ordered thousands of bulbs for springtime from Roberta's Gardens that my landscaper was asking if I was going to open up a new nursery. With the information about the plants that I get, that makes me feel confident that I could give a run at it. I had some failures, but I attribute them to my own doing. And occasionally, there's an issue with the condition of the plants at delivery but nothing serious. I had 2 Chinese tree peonies and I wanted the matching growth. While the other one's growing fine, one had really suffered and I finally put it out of its misery. I wanted to ask for a replacement next year but I don't even know if they had any more of those left. Overall, I enjoy the products and I've had very good experience with the quality, packaging, and the variety.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karen, We are happy you are having good luck with all your plants. I have gone into your account and put you in for a replacement on the Tree Peony. It will ship in Spring 2019 and you will receive an email when it ships. We do need you to get in touch with us regarding your address. Call us @ 800-428-9726. Thank you, have a great day.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I really don’t wanna buy things on the internet for plants. I’ve decided that it’s not the best option. I've bought several plants, usually several types of perennials, from Roberta's Gardens. Their plants seem great and would flourish and do well but I don't think they're really great. They grow for a while but usually die or don’t come as they look in the picture at all. I’m a real gardener and I do well with these things. I have watering systems set up as well and I'm not happy. But then, I would get sucked back in and it's the same old thing! I would reach out to their customer service but then, of course, it’s already out of whatever. Also, they say they’ll ship it again come the next year but I never see it. I also forget to call. Don't buy anything from Roberta's Gardens because their stuff doesn’t work.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Very, VERY happy with the creeping thyme - I have it everywhere. Gerberas were beautiful last year, but did not return in 2018. Replacements requested, handled well, shipping in 2019. Good policy, thank you! Recommend Roberta's to others all the time.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Patricia for the kind remarks. We are always pleased when a customer is happy with their product. If at anytime you need help or just have a question please give us a call @ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Happy gardening with Roberta's. Have a great Summer!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchased plants from Roberta's Gardens and the delivery process was very good. Also the plants I bought are growing.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karen, We are pleased you are happy with your product. Thank you for taking the time to review our company. It is always good to hear when a customer is satisfied with our plants or bulbs. If at any time you have any questions or concerns give us a call @ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I order plants from both Roberta's through QVC and Cottage Farms, whichever I feel has a decent price. However, sometimes I order plants that work and sometimes they don't. Lavenders I've never had any luck with no matter where I put them. I've tried from both companies and though I thought they were going to come through this year, they're both dying. Still, the shipment gets here when they say it's going to come and I get the plants intact. I've never had any problem with messed-up boxes. A couple of times, I have returned and asked for refunds on things either with Roberta's or Cottage. To me, they're equal, but QVC customer service has been pretty good.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karen, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I checked your account and added a replacement for the Lavender to ship in Spring 2019. If there is anything we can do for you call us @ 800-428-9726 or email @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Just a reminder we do have a one year warranty on all our perennials and 90 days on all annuals.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I purchased 4 Perennial Gerbera Daisies in 2017. They never came back in the spring of 2018. I was sent 4 more, one was near dead when I got them. I was told they had issues with that color. I would have to wait til 2019 for them to be replaced but 3 weeks later I receive a another near dead flower. When I call to inquire, I was told they can't send any more replacements and that they found out in my area these flowers probably would not come back. So I paid 32.00 for 3 annuals. Buyer beware, I will never order from them again. They aren't honest about their product. And very poor customer service.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've purchased a lot of different things from Roberta's Garden and the delivery experience tends to be either really good or not so good. I had about nine deliveries from this year and most things are packaged really nicely and you couldn't even tell they went through the mail. But I received a couple of items that were upside down and backwards and all the leaves had fallen off of the plants. It seemed like they weren't really tied down securely. When I called the company, it was typically too late to get any kind of new product because they wait to ship and the plants were sold out, but they have really good customer service. So, if I've had told them there were six plants and two of them didn't make it, they refund me for the two. They distribute the cost by each one and refund me for the ones that didn't survive.

The items I got from Roberta's has good quality. I've had one or two things that I wasn't really happy with, but the shrubs or trees are really in good shape. The vegetables or herbaceous things tend to get beat up a little bit more and they don't arrive in good shape. I have recommended them to people. I show them the website. I'm a plant pathologist and I have a lot of friends who always ask me questions and are looking for suggestions for plants. And sometimes if I know it's on there, I'll tell them the page. They've ordered from them, too.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Karen for the kind remarks. We are always pleased when a customer is happy with their purchase. We do have a one year warranty on all Perennials and 90 days on all Annuals. If there is ever a time you need help or just have a question, call our customer service and one of our reps will be glad to help you. You can also email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Have a great day!

Original review: July 6, 2018

Roberta's is fabulous to work with. Super nice customer service people and no problems replacing the plants that had died the previous season (2017). However, the replacement plants didn't live either this year (2018). I was so disappointed. Hopefully the next plants I order will live a long beautiful Life. Thanks!!

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our customer service. We are happy to hear good remarks concerning our representatives. Sometimes it can get overwhelming answering calls all day long and are pleased to know they are kind to the customers. If at anytime we can help you give us a call @ 800-428-9726 or email customerservice@robertasinc.com. Have a great Summer.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Very satisfied, we had some problem with one of the plants in our first order and followed the warranty guidelines last year and this year we received a package with a full order in it. Planted them this year and all came to life… Very pleased with Roberta's. They stand behind their products with great customer service.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Paul for the kind remarks regarding our company. We are always pleased when a customer is happy with our service and products. If at any time we can help you, do not hesitate to call us @ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Have a great rest of Summer.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I'm very unsatisfied with This Company as I have received many things that were either dead or never made it after planting the way I was supposed to. Because I have returned many many things from this company I HAVE ALSO LOST the privilege of being able to get credit ever again for ANY LIVING or consumable items! SO after YEARS with QVC I've been punished because these plants were no good. Nice I get the punishment eh!? Thanks anyway. BUYER BEWARE! The plants are not as shown.

Roberta's Gardens response

Gayle, We are sorry you had a problem with some of our items. If you have a problem all you need to do is call us and we will take care of you. I checked your account and there was only one time you called for a replacement. We stand behind our warranties and are happy to help when there is something you are not happy with. JUst call us @ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Canna - When I got them half of them were just mush. I called QVC. Got a refund. Still had to pay for shipping. Never again. When I order Cottage Farms very rarely have a problem. Have gotten from Roberta's before and not good quality.

Roberta's Gardens response

Susan, We are sorry you had a problem with the Canna. Whenever you are not happy with our products all you need to do is call us @ 800-428-9726 or email customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. We do not charge Shipping on any of our plants or bulbs so your refund should have been for the full amount you paid.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have bought a lot of plants from you and a lot of them have come welted, and a lot of your products died. So I have stopped buying as this year your pricing is getting unaffordable for me anyways. But what's Plants did come and work they are beautiful. Sorry for the bad review but that's the way I feel. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Michael, We do offer a one year warranty on all our Perennials and 90 days on Annuals. If at any time you have a problem with our products all you need to do is call our 800-428-9726 number or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Thank you, have a great day.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Hi, I really want to thank you for the wonderful trees that you sent, as a replacement! They are growing, and healthy! I have nothing but good things to say about your company, and your customer service! Thank you so much!

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Carol. It's always good to hear everything went well and your products are healthy. If at any time you need help with anything or just have a question you can always call us @ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Have a good rest of Summer.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have ordered from them in the past. Had no problem. They are very good giving you wonderful brochures to explain each plant you order. This year I ordered 7 varieties. The lupines and daisies were eaten by my wildlife. Ordered 2 hens and chicks.one tray was beautiful one was barely planted in the container in the container it came in. Batchelor buttons were amazing. Double clematis came in 3 pack. They were so tiny you could hardly see them. Needless to say, they were too small to make it. All 3 died. Ice plants are still hanging in there. Desert rose is beautiful. The winter was late. So they did have to ship later and hold the plants. So I have to say this was not a typical year for them. In the past, they have always shipped hardy, well started, and well-packed plants. The clematis and the hens and chicks were a surprise to me.

Roberta's Gardens response

Marie, I checked your account and replaced the Clematis set and one tray of the Hens & Chicks. These will ship to you in Spring 2019. We are sold out for this season. If at any time you need help or just have a question please give us a call @ 800-428-9726 or email customerservice@robertasinc.com. Have a great rest of Summer.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I get a lot of stuff off Roberta's and Cottage Farms and I've had no problems with deliveries from Roberta's. I ordered Lavender from Cottage Farms and as soon as it came, it died. They replaced it but it died again. Then I ordered Lavender from Roberta's and it's been awesome. I'm very pleased with their quality. I usually order perennials and I get fertilizer free. This year, I was color specific in the front and I only did white flowers. Next year, I'm gonna go purple. I watch QVC all the time and I wait until Roberta's is on television and then see what they have. But I wish I'd get more email updates 'cause it seems I only get them once a year. It would be nice to know when they have things available that are in my color range.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karen, We have a website you can check on regulary, it is www.robertasgardens.net. It will be getting an update soon. We will be putting on all the items we will have next season. There are Fall bulbs on there now and they will start shipping end of October - November. You can choose zones, color, perennials, annuals etc. There will be a description of the items, just click on the photos. This may help you when you are color specific. Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Have a great Summer.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I wanted Gerber Daisies and I couldn't find it around our area. I purchased from Roberta's Gardens and the quality is very good. One time I bought what I thought was a perennial and it died. I called them and the lady said that it's an aerial so I didn't get results. Other than that, my experience has been good.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Renee for your kind remarks and taking the time to review our company. We will have the Gerber Daisies next season if you want to order more then. They sell out very fast as it seems everyone likes them. You will be able to order thru QVC or our webstie www.robertasgardens.net. You can also call our toll free number 800-428-9726 if you have any questions or concerns and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Again we appreciate your time for reviewing our company. Have a great day.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Recently I bought some daylilies and groundcover from Roberta's Gardens. From the look of their stuff, it always looked much more healthy than what you see in other plants. I've been working with Roberta's for 3 years and the delivery has been good. The plants were good as well but there was one thing that didn't survive. But they said they have a year guarantee. I just didn't go there with it and that was just one time. I also love the plant food that they send because it really does make a difference to the plant. Roberta's Gardens is reputable. When they say they're gonna deliver is when they're gonna deliver it. And their instructions are good too.

Roberta's Gardens response

Karen, Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our company. We are here to help you with any problems that arrive. Just call our customer service@ 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I just came in from watering my gardens, and felt compelled to share the satisfaction I felt while enjoying the daylilies that I purchased from Roberta's this year. I made two purchases thru QVC totaling 9 plants. All of them are thriving and four of them are blooming and all are spreading like crazy. I just wanted to say thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing your fall lineup of bulbs. Thanks again.

Roberta's Gardens response

James, Thank you for your kind remarks. We always appreciate hearing from customers that are happy with our products. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs and are always pleased when the customer is happy also. If at any time you need help or just have a question give us a call at 800-428-9726 or email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Again Thank you, have a wonderful Summer.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information

4246 E. 500 S.
Waldron
IN
800-428-9726
robertasinc.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business