Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5
Visit Website

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

Roberta's Gardens Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's a beautiful plant, shiny leaves, but no lemons. Most of the plants I have receive have been good, your return policy is great, never had a problem so far. Only the meyer lemon tree hasn't been up to par.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to give a review. We are sorry you aren't as happy with the Meyer Lemon as other plants you have had from us. The Meyer Lemon is a tropical and is a second season fruit producer. Please make sure in your area to bring the tree inside before temperatures drop below 50 degrees. Also, they will lose their foliage and go dormant during the winter months in your home. This is normal. Do not fertilize until new growth appears next season and water every two weeks during the dormancy period. This should help your Lemon Tree rest and gain energy for producing the following seasons!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

The lavender I ordered is fantastic. I will probably order another set of 6 this coming spring. They wintered well. They grew and produced so many beautiful lavender stalks. The Chinese peony only lasted about 3 weeks... once I received it! (Almost a month and a half past the shipment promise.) It was I think too late because it was already hot in the summer. It just kept getting weaker and weaker. The clematis... QVC didn't tell me that they shipped it, so it was in my mailbox and they wilted and turned white.. I live very rural.. I don't check my mailbox but once a week unless I have a shipment coming as it is a mile away. But QVC submitted another order for me and two of the three clematis are doing beautiful.. The white clematis had five big beautiful blooms and the purple had one bloom but the plants are doing good but I did lose the pink one. It just didn't do anything.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are so glad to hear about your overall satisfaction! Lavender is a great plant with many benefits. We are happy to hear you will be adding to your collection. The mailbox situation is unfortunate. QVC does ask to send a lot of the products USPS, so we can see how that could have happened. Thank you for growing with Roberta's!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This is the second year I’ve ordered something from Roberta's Gardens. I ordered some plant food which is very good on one plant. It's keeping it alive. Two of the plants I ordered died last year. This year, only one died. I got some kind of plant from Africa. One of them is called Rose of Sharon, the other one is desert rose, and one of them is a purple flower. I also ordered a yellow one and it’s still holding up. But I had something else I ordered that didn’t make it.

The delivery process was okay. They come out when it’s your region. I’m in Denver, Colorado and we have kind of a strange weather. It would snow one day. The truck may not get my delivery here on time or I stayed outside too long. The plants I got were fine when they got here. The plant growth has met my expectations too. I thought the plant this year would be a blue one. Nonetheless, I love it and it's growing. I would recommend Roberta's Gardens. I don’t think it was on them that my plants died out. I’m just one of those people with brown thumbs. They told me that in the springtime, they will replace the plants that died because I was dissatisfied.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate customers that contact us when they have a problem with a plant. We will be sending your new Gardenia out to you next Spring. The Yellow Desert Rose you purchased is an amazing plant. You will enjoy watching it grow! We did not carry Rose of Sharon last year or this season, so you must have purchased that from another plant company on QVC. We hope this next growing season comes with even more success!

Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have a lot of good nurseries around here. If they are good, their prices are just nuts. If you go to places like Home Depot and Stein's, there is not too good a chance at something surviving. I haven't bought many things from Roberta's but I've always been happy with what I received in the mail. However, I bought some lavender last year and it all died. In its defense, we have 50 below zero temperature in Wisconsin which we've never had before. I read in a book that the phenomenal lavender is zone 6 so if Roberta's sold them, they should know that it does not grow or survive a winter in zone 5. I tried it twice and neither time did it survive. I'm retired and I'm old. I can't afford to buy a whole lot of stuff and I'm trying not to spend a lot to get my gardens done.

The packaging of the items I received was excellent. But I contacted their customer service once. Something I got from them died. The rep said they could replace it with six of something else if I wanted. She named off some things that were eligible to be shipped and I chose the Cheyenne Spirit. But I'm not sure if I ever received the replacement. I know they get busy and they have other things to do besides QVC, so I thought that I could live without it. The customer service and everything was very friendly, though. QVC gave me a number to call which was an 1800 number for Roberta's. QVC said that after an item leaves Roberta's or after I order it from QVC, they no longer had anything to do with it. I could understand that because they're not a nursery.

Another thing is when you get something through the mail, no matter how good the quality, it always takes about five years for it to start perking. It is also twice as small as it is in a store or a nursery. The first year, they sleep. The second year, they creep. The third year, they leaf. You have to wait five years to get any results. And we live in Wisconsin. All of the weather patterns are changing. Last year we had a wet spring and all summer was in the 90s. You couldn't even get outside to do anything because you couldn't breathe out there.

Roberta's Gardens response

Toni,. We are sorry your Lavender did not make it thru the Winter. It will survive temps from -20 to 10 degrees in most areas.. If it gets colder than that it will not survive. If you want to keep it alive you can put in a container and store in a garage or basement and bring out when temps warm up. Also Lavender likes a good watering when planted then not again until completely dried out. You also do not need good soil, it grows in dry,rocky soil.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Roberta's Gardens has had some unusual things that I can’t get from standard nurseries which I enjoy seeing. I've bought things over the last few years from them. My interactions with their reps have been fine and the items I've received have had good quality. Though I've had some things that didn’t do well with the delivery, I called Roberta's Gardens and they replaced the items.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Sue for taking the time to review our company and to give us good remarks. We always strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our Customer Service representatives will be happy to help you. You can also check our our website to see all items we have available. Again thank you and have a great day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I ordered 18 (QVC Order Number: ** Ordered on: 04/09/2019 two Roberta's 9-Piece Romantics Oriental Lily Collection - M61799 ) Lilies. 14 of 18 grew beautifully throughout last summer. I wrote Roberta’s Garden directly with appropriate documentation but never received a reply. Who do I need to contact to receive 4 replacements as stipulated by the guarantee?

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We already put you in for a replacement four months ago. You will receive four Oriental Lily bulbs mid to late April. Enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The peony I got didn’t grow one inch the whole time I had it. It was so small and it did not do a thing and I had the best soil for it. I was dissatisfied with the product.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have been very pleased with purchases from Roberta’s in the past. Their patio beefstake tomatoes and patio cherry tomatoes were outstanding. Other plants purchased from Roberta’s have been great. This Amaryllis however is still growing but no flower. Maybe it’s an Easter flower not Christmas. This was my first disappointment. This will not prevent me from purchasing from Roberta’s in the future.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing about your successes! The Amaryllis can take up to ten weeks to bloom. Please let us know if this does not bloom for you. We would be happy to replace it for you. We wish you a happy growing season!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I like the plant and Roberta’s Gardens' locality, so I decided to purchase from them. The delivery went okay. The plants were dehydrated, but it was expected because it was hot. Some of the plants I took, I planned to take it to Jamaica. The flowers that went to Jamaica, they thrived and everything else didn’t. The last purchase I made was not successful. The plant didn’t thrive, so I didn’t buy any last year.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for taking time to submit a review.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

The gardenia is dead, the annuals (impatiens) I bought didn’t last 1 month and only one bloomed. Don’t have time to go through all my receipts at this time but I’m truly disappointed. Again, I will have to look at my last year’s receipts but I don’t think I’ll be ordering again. I was very happy in the past but the past couple of years you’ve really slid down the slippery slope.

Roberta's Gardens response

We apologize for the gardenia not working. We have checked your account and it seems that you have not contacted us on the failure of your plant. We are happy to replace the gardenia for you as it does have a warranty. We have put in your account a new gardenia to be shipped to you in May and if you have any more questions or concerns feel free to contact our customer service and they are happy to help in anyway they can. The impatiens however, we cannot locate on your sales order so they must have came from different company. If we can be of further assistance feel free to contact us. Thank you again.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information