Call toll free
3.13/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

820 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 4, 2019

We don't have a lot of good nurseries around here. If they are good, their prices are just nuts. If you go to places like Home Depot and Stein's, there is not too good a chance at something surviving. I haven't bought many things from Roberta's but I've always been happy with what I received in the mail. However, I bought some lavender last year and it all died. In its defense, we have 50 below zero temperature in Wisconsin which we've never had before. I read in a book that the phenomenal lavender is zone 6 so if Roberta's sold them, they should know that it does not grow or survive a winter in zone 5. I tried it twice and neither time did it survive. I'm retired and I'm old. I can't afford to buy a whole lot of stuff and I'm trying not to spend a lot to get my gardens done.

The packaging of the items I received was excellent. But I contacted their customer service once. Something I got from them died. The rep said they could replace it with six of something else if I wanted. She named off some things that were eligible to be shipped and I chose the Cheyenne Spirit. But I'm not sure if I ever received the replacement. I know they get busy and they have other things to do besides QVC, so I thought that I could live without it. The customer service and everything was very friendly, though. QVC gave me a number to call which was an 1800 number for Roberta's. QVC said that after an item leaves Roberta's or after I order it from QVC, they no longer had anything to do with it. I could understand that because they're not a nursery.

Another thing is when you get something through the mail, no matter how good the quality, it always takes about five years for it to start perking. It is also twice as small as it is in a store or a nursery. The first year, they sleep. The second year, they creep. The third year, they leaf. You have to wait five years to get any results. And we live in Wisconsin. All of the weather patterns are changing. Last year we had a wet spring and all summer was in the 90s. You couldn't even get outside to do anything because you couldn't breathe out there.

Roberta's Gardens response

Toni,. We are sorry your Lavender did not make it thru the Winter. It will survive temps from -20 to 10 degrees in most areas.. If it gets colder than that it will not survive. If you want to keep it alive you can put in a container and store in a garage or basement and bring out when temps warm up. Also Lavender likes a good watering when planted then not again until completely dried out. You also do not need good soil, it grows in dry,rocky soil.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I love to look at flowers. Also, we have over 250 hummingbirds and I thought that if I got flowers, the birds could have them aside from the food that we feed them. My friends said that Roberta's Gardens had the best plants and that they were hearty. So, I bought plants from them through QVC. Their reps were really nice and I have no complaints with any of their service. But they should let me choose when I want my orders to be delivered because they sent my orders when just before we had a heat wave, so the plants died. But they sent a replacement.

After that, I ordered again but they also sent the plants right before the heat wave, so they didn't survive. They said that they were going to replace them but they said they were gonna send them when they thought they'd be right for our area. They should have sent the plants in November or December where they could get a foundation and so the roots could get more sturdy. I usually plant my flowers in November and December and those get hearty by the time the heat comes, and they survive. But they didn't give me a date for the delivery so I told them that if they were going to send the plants in May again, then we'd get our heat wave again. So I told them that I wasn't gonna buy anymore and that if they couldn't give the plants to me when I wanted them, I didn’t want them.

Recently, I ordered from Roberta's again and I thought that this time my experience would be different. I ordered the Hens and Chicks plants and I liked them. But Roberta's still sent my orders just before we got the heat wave. Plus, I got them two days before we went on vacation and that meant I wasn't here to water them completely. So they all died. But other than that, my experience with Roberta's was fine and I like their plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

We are sorry you had problems with some of our plants. I checked your account and saw you had several orders of the Hens & Chicks and also the Orchid Cactus. Both those items have a one year warranty and can be replaced. If you would call our 800-428-9726 number and speak to one of our customer service representatives they can enter you in to receive replacments in the Spring. The only items we have available in the fall are bulbs that come up in the Spring, Like Tulips, Hyacinth, Crocus, etc... Our main shipping time is March thru end of June.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I ordered two Peony trees and bulbs from Roberta's Gardens, but nothing came up from the bulbs when I planted them. I planted the Peony tree in a pot on my deck. Part of the tree died off and I just left it, that beautiful sunshine without being tormented by the sun but it’s started coming up again then that died off. I called QVC about this so they credited my account. However, I can’t tell if it came up or not as there were a lot going on this spring. I was in the hospital for seven weeks and since I got home, I delegated. I walked out there some weeks later which we had some beautiful rain and the neighbors helped water and kept everything hopefully going. Maybe they over-watered. I had the lawn guys mow down weeds that were over my head tall. I said I cannot pull those out. I tried going out there and working in the yard and it was just too exhausting for me.

None of the plants that my friends planted for me came up. My house was built back in 1964 and when I dig down into the yard, I can go down 18 inches and still have black soil so I don’t understand why nothing came up. The neighbor came over and dug up some of the bulbs and they were just like mush. However, the ground wasn’t mushy, so I’ll try again next year. I like how that gentleman that’s on there talks about the plants like they were his sisters. He’s a tall, blonde, muscled guy and he sells the plants so well that when I buy for myself, I buy for my son. He too has a garden and I have seven flower gardens. I like all the things that he had to show. I tried to get in some of the double-blooms and they were so beautiful.

Whenever I order the flats of Sedum, they deliver them way too early. I opened up the boxes as instructed and put a plastic bag in the box and I put the tray of Sedum back into that box with the plastic. I kept watering it in the house so I was growing Sedum in my foyer. I called and asked them why it was sent early. It was in March because I’ve been going to the hospital till April so a friend of mine kept coming over and checking out. The plants are tall and they look so pretty. It was the only time I had had any conversation with anybody from their customer service and they were very nice about it. They told me to call them back if the plants die but they lived quite well in the foyer. I will recommend Roberta's Gardens to a friend because they show well on television.

Roberta's Gardens response

Shirley, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We hope you are well on your road to recovery and will be able to garden this coming Spring. I checked your orders and do not see where you purchased Sedum from our company. The Sales person you describe is also not one of ours. You have purchased several items from our company and we will be happy to help you with replacements if you need them. Call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and one of our representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Roberta's Gardens is a very good company and their price is reasonable. I was watching their program and I thought that I'd start looking for some flowers out in the garden. The way they showcased the flowers were beautiful and they were very knowledgeable. They were also very kind because I had bought some succulent flowers to come up the walkway and they sold those in a package of 18 plants. They were pushing with their advertisement that I can't kill those things, but I did. Only four of them out of the entire pack died and they were kind enough to send me a replacement. I also ordered some oriental lilies from them and I sent those to a friend of mine down in Florida for her birthday.

I've been ordering from them for at least five years now. I wait for their program to come on and it usually comes on some time in March. They do not bill me until the product is shipped out. A few have things died off over the years, but I'm very happy with what I have. I shop around at other stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s and I buy flowers from them, but Roberta's Gardens has diversified flowers and different things, and they are very nice. The flowers arrive beautifully and they are exactly how they tell me. They give me very explicit instructions like when the flowers will arrive, how to unpack them, where to keep them and to keep them watered. Everything is handled very nicely. I will continue to use them and I hope they stay in business so that I can keep ordering different things.

However, I've never received a catalog or any type of brochure that would tell me about different products that they have. I would suggest that they send out a little pamphlet or brochure when they are coming on QVC. What happens is I wait for them to come on and the only place I've seen them is on QVC. I wait until the month of March when they start the gardening programs. At least, I could start planning financially because when I start ordering all these stuff, I could have the money set aside. Overall I would definitely recommend Roberta’s. When I bought the flowers for my friend, she emailed me pictures every time one of the flowers bloomed and she was very happy with them. I referred her to Roberta's in case she's interested in buying for next year.

Roberta's Gardens response

Sharon, Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our company, we are always happy to hear from customers that are pleased with their products. We do not have a catalog as we change items a lot. We do however have a website www.robertasgardens.net. We are always updating it to keep current with the items we are carrying. We also start selling on QVC mid January and start shipping mid March by zones. Also at anytime you have a question or problem you can give us a call @ 800-428-9726 and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great rest of Summer and watch for us mid January.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've purchased a lot of different things from Roberta's Garden and the delivery experience tends to be either really good or not so good. I had about nine deliveries from this year and most things are packaged really nicely and you couldn't even tell they went through the mail. But I received a couple of items that were upside down and backwards and all the leaves had fallen off of the plants. It seemed like they weren't really tied down securely. When I called the company, it was typically too late to get any kind of new product because they wait to ship and the plants were sold out, but they have really good customer service. So, if I've had told them there were six plants and two of them didn't make it, they refund me for the two. They distribute the cost by each one and refund me for the ones that didn't survive.

The items I got from Roberta's has good quality. I've had one or two things that I wasn't really happy with, but the shrubs or trees are really in good shape. The vegetables or herbaceous things tend to get beat up a little bit more and they don't arrive in good shape. I have recommended them to people. I show them the website. I'm a plant pathologist and I have a lot of friends who always ask me questions and are looking for suggestions for plants. And sometimes if I know it's on there, I'll tell them the page. They've ordered from them, too.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Karen for the kind remarks. We are always pleased when a customer is happy with their purchase. We do have a one year warranty on all Perennials and 90 days on all Annuals. If there is ever a time you need help or just have a question, call our customer service and one of our reps will be glad to help you. You can also email us @ customerservice@robertasinc.com. Have a great day!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2019

No growth for the daisies this 2019 spring. These flowers were advertised to be perennials. However they never grew back. WE followed directions but to no avail. I requested a flowering bush in place of them but have not heard back. We have purchased quite a few items from Roberta's both this year and last. I probably won't order again. Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens response

Ann Marie, I would like to check your account and see why you have not received your Flowering Bush. However, I will need more information from you. The order does not come up under your name or phone number or your email. If you would give us a call @ 800-428-9726 we will be happy to help you. We will stop shipping next Wednesday for the season. Please get in touch with us soon.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Honeymoon hibiscus replacement with gerber daisies. I was not successful with my flowers. Roberta's Gardens did replace but I am not having much luck here in South Florida. The flowers are not taking to Full Sun. I do have them in some shade But for the most part they seem to require someone other than me. I give them Miracle Grow 1 x a week. Customer Service was always pleasant to deal with so I was grateful of that. Thank You and Happy Gardens to all.

Roberta's Gardens response

Judith, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I saw in your account you were shipped the Gerbers as a replacement for the Hibiscus. I am sorry they are not working out for you, they should be good in your area. You might back off the fertilizer and only fertilize one time a month during the active growing period.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 10, 2019

Over the past two years I have ordered several varieties of flowers and the only thing that has survived are the two lilac bushes that I ordered last year. The Ice Plants, the perennial Gerbera Daisies, and one of the two Clematis all died. Oh, and the Tuber Roses were a huge disappointment as well. The lilac bushes are doing great.

Roberta's Gardens response

Cheryl, I checked your account and saw you had the one Clematis replaced in 2017. Also there are no notes that you called regarding the items you purchased in 2018. We have a one year warranty on all our perennials and 90 days on annuals. All you need to do is call our 800-428-9726 number and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help. Your items you have problems with can be replaced with the same item or you choose another item to take its place. It is past your warranty time now but in the future be sure to contact us with any questions or problems.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Just on Fri. I called. The lady I talked to could not answer my question. A few minutes later the phone rang. It was her. She talked to someone that had been there longer and found the answer for me. She went that extra step to help her customer. Roberta's is great about replacing plants. Everyone I talked to has been very nice.

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary Ann, I checked your account and you have purchased a lot from our company. We are pleased you are having good luck with your items. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I received a dried up, crispy tree peony shortly after Memorial Day 2018. We tried to revive to no avail. Called late winter. They stated would send earlier, around April 15. "Good" I thought. 15th came and went. Waited a couple weeks, just to be fair. Called left clear message. No returned call. Called again. Out of that color. Would need to take yellow. "The yellow ones look very good, will ship soon". Wait... Get email in June. Out of yellow, can send red next week. It is now in the high 80's. It would almost be the 4th of July before we got it OR you can wait until next year. What? How can they ear tag one for you and then it is gone again? Well I guess the new paying customers come first! I PAID TOO! I won't wait another year, thank you. I was understanding, but no more. Need to get them and the shopping channel put in their place. Don't let them get away with taking your money for no decent products.

Roberta's Gardens response

Robin, We are sorry you are unhappy with our warranty. We did have some problems with the Tree Peonies this season due to lack of sunshine. It has been rainy and cloudy for a good part of our growing season. That is not your problem I realize. I checked your account and see you will receive an Itoh Peony next season. I am sure you will be happy with that, they are slow growers but are well worth the wait. Have a good rest of Summer.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I received the two small banana trees. One was almost dead, but I planted both anyway. Two dead after a couple days despite following the directions. I called QVC and was told I had to wait to the next season as they were out of stock. Next season came and went and nothing but two dead trees and I never got a refund.

Roberta's Gardens response

John, I checked your account and saw where you were issued a full refund for the Banana Trees. You could have called our company and we could have sent you new Trees. We strive to have the best quality plants available and if something goes wrong we have a warranty and will send new new plants at no cost to you. All you need to do is give us a call and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you or just answer a question you might have. You can also go onto our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill out a replacement form.

Original review: June 7, 2019

ALL the plants this Spring that I ordered off of QVC arrived Dead or Nearly Dead. I know that shipping plants can be very tricky. Think they should only sell plants that ship GOOD. Or offer 1 or 2 day shipping, that might help the plants survive the trip?

Roberta's Gardens response

Wayne, We are sorry you had problems with our plants this year. If at any time you have plants that you are not happy with all you need to do is call and we will send out new plants of the same or they can be replaced with another item. We appreciate our customers and want to make you happy with your purchase. Have a good rest of Summer.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was afraid to call but was treated very well unlike many companies it was courteous and it was quickly handled with my order. I would highly recommend their products as they are superior to most out there in the marketplace.

Roberta's Gardens response

Jan, We are happy you called. We strive to have the best quality plants available and also we are proud of our customer service. If you ever have a problem with any plants be sure to give us a call and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. Have a good rest of Summer!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

I have ordered a lot of flowers over the last few years. I ordered a set of 3 Hibiscus. One of the plants died. Couldn't understand why? All 3 planted a few inches from each other, water the same. Roberta's replaced the one.

Roberta's Gardens response

Shirley, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to have the best quality plants available but every now and then something happens that a plant doesn't grow, that is why we offer the one year warranty on perennials and 90 days on annuals. If at anytime you need help or just have a question give us a call and one of our well trained representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Survived a severe winter - their first year! Fast growing super green. Great ground cover... When do they flower? I have been using the Roberta's flower food as directed, I'm in zone 5. If they are growing rapidly and are a very healthy green, will the flowers just be late? The winter we had was record breaking sub zero for a full week with above average snow fall/melt and above average rain this spring. Temps have been cooler than normal too. Should I lightly prune them to promote flowering?

Roberta's Gardens response

Jennifer, According to our guide the Thyme will start blooming the 2nd season. You should start seeing blooms this Summer. Do not prune.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 24, 2019

I received an e-mail from Roberta's in February 2019 stating that I would receive my replacement bulbs when my shipping zone open up in May. I e-mailed them on May 9th 2019 to see if they had been shipped. They replied saying they would be shipped within the next week. On May 20th I sent another e-mail stating that I still have not received my bulbs. I received another e-mail stating that they had not been shipped yet but a shipping label had been created. Okay, so when am I supposed to receive these by the end of summer? These bulbs are supposed to bloom this summer. This is not going to happen. Everything I have ever ordered from this place has either arrived dead or just never grew at all. If I hadn't paid so much for these 6 bulbs I wouldn't even have bothered to request a replacement. People save your money. Horrible Company.

Roberta's Gardens response

This customer was entered in our system last year to receive one Roselily due to the fact she only rec'd 5 bulbs instead of 6. The bulb she rec'd this season was the one she was shorted last year. She was given a partial refund from QVC but we have still been trying to work with her to find out how many she was refunded for. We cannot send bulbs for replacements if she got her money refunded.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 23, 2019

This was a replacement order because the first order died immediately. The free replacement plants were in terrible condition too. The plants were all brown with very little green on them. I’m sure these will die soon. Once again I’m disappointed...

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary Ann, We are so sorry you had a problem with plants. We want our customers to be happy with their purchase. However, I see where the Foxtails were replaced with Thyme. Also you were emailed 4 months ago to pick another replacement from our website and there is not one in there. If you still want a replacement you will need to contact us.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Ordered Trample Me English Creeping Thyme for mass planting. Received mixed order & was told they would send again which they did but it still wasn’t what I originally ordered either???? Ended up planting 3 different things for an intended mass of same plants. When you call them directly, you get no answer & no return call. Email is not answered either. QVC did all they could. Will never order from them again. Very dissatisfied!

Roberta's Gardens response

Mary, We are very sorry you were not happy with the Thyme. If you ever get something that is not up to par give us a call so we can try and resolve the situation at that time Our customer service number is 800-428-9726 and if the line is busy leave a message and someone will get back to you. I realize this time of year it may take a day or two to get back to you as our phones ring constantly but someone will call you back. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to leave a review. We use these comments to improve our packaging, shipping and customer service. Have a good day.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Roberta's 2-Piece 2-In-1 English Patio. The plants were small and not in great shape. For $23.56, I expected something a lot better. I requested a refund and threw the plants away. I have a pretty green thumb, but was not going to bother to try to baby those plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

Renate, If you receive something that is not up to standard all you need to do is call 800-428-9726 and we will take care of you. Either with a replacement or a refund. This year has not been great to start plants due to lack of Sunshine and we realize some items were small when shipped but were still good plants and would have survived if given a chance. We have a warranty on all items. 1 year for Perennials and 90 days for Annuals. If you ever have a problem call our customer service @ 800-428-9726.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have I ordered several daisies. The only ones that has came back is the ones I ordered last year. I know I have ordered 4 or 5 orders. I won't order anymore. This last order is doing good. Have been pleased with other flowers but the daisies are not very hardy. Thanks.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thelma, We are sorry you are having problems with some of the Daisies. All you need to do is call us and we can replace them for you. Our customer service number. You can also go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill out a replacement form. We are here to help with problems.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I've got so much stuff from Roberta's Gardens through the years. They always come in nice packages. And if I did get the plants, they were fairly nice-sized. I also love the liquid fertilizer that they sell. I never had trouble with their stuff.

Roberta's Gardens response

Esther, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. we are always pleased when a customer is happy with our products. We are here to help with any problems you may have or if you just want to tell us about your plants. Give us a call. Have a good day.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have ordered several times, but the lavender plant never got any flowers last year and this year it does not look too good, any suggestions. This year I got the Christmas cactus. Looking forward to the flowers. This is the first house plant that I got.

Roberta's Gardens response

Maryann, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I added a replacement of the Lavender to your account. This is a free replacement per our warranty. If you have further questions or need anything give our customer service a call and one of our representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I never got any fruit from my peppers or eggplant. Grew very small. Tomatoes, got too green. Small tomatoes and something ate them all. I didn’t produce with much success. Thank you maybe it is too hot in AZ. Felt I should have got them sooner.

Roberta's Gardens response

I am sorry you had problems with our vegetables. I checked your account and saw you did receive replacements per our warranty. It may to hot in AZ for these plants. You can check our website for plants that are good in your area.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Go ahead and buy from Roberta's Gardens. I love their supply. I purchased perennials and bulbs, and the delivery experience and quality were good. I had a couple of issues where a couple of plants came a little bit dry. But they replaced it and there were no issues. Everything is good.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Edna for the kind remarks. Our goal is to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and we are always happy when our customers are happy. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered you can call our customer service and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to answer you questions. Thank you, have a great day.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My experience with Roberta's has been a great one. I received my plants and one was damaged and they replaced it right away. I have dealt with them for many years and I love all the plants that I have got and I will probably order more plants next year. I want to thank you for all your help and your great representative.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Jean for the good comments. We are always happy when our customers are happy. Our goal is to have the best plants and bulbs available. If at any time you need help or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you, Have a great day.,

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased the 6 piece wheels of wonder ice plant through QVC back in February of 2018 and they were delivered in April in time for planting. We planted according to directions. These were touted to be low maintenance. They never blossomed and now one year later, are dead! I am not a happy camper since I now have to find another ground cover to cover the void!

Roberta's Gardens response

Nancy, Thank you for taking time to review our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If you would like to have the Ice Plants replaced we can do that for you. We could also replace with a different collection if you prefer. Give our customer service a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Nancy, Thank you for getting back to us. I have entered you in our system to get both orders for the Ice Plant replaced..

Original review: May 11, 2019

Roberta's makes good on their gotta grow guarantee. I have had several issues with plants and they have been replaced. The service is prompt and courteous. My experience has been very positive and I will continue to shop with them.

Roberta's Gardens response

Nancy, Thank you for the kind words. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and also the best customer service. If at any time you need help with an item or just have a question you can call our toll free number and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great day.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Roberta's Gardens has a lot of flowers that you can't get at other places. The directions also come with the plants, and they're all guaranteed. Roberta's Gardens also has superior big blossoms. Everything is bigger than what a lot of the other plants that you buy out have. One time, one of my plants wasn't quite up to par so they sent me another one to replace it. I've bought some over the years and we've had good results from Roberta's Gardens. We call in and order the products. I bought the plant food too. Then we follow all the directions and the plants do very well. I've got beautiful lilies out here.

Roberta's Gardens response

Esther, Thank you for the great remarks. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a question concerning one of our products just give us a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great day.

Original review: May 10, 2019

When you’re older and it’s harder to get around to visit nurseries, it’s easier to get the plant mailed to us and we’ve had pretty good luck that way with Roberta's Gardens. We’ve recommended them too. Over the years, we've had quite a few things, like the ground cover. We bought primarily on QVC but sometimes direct and the ordering process is very straightforward and easy. Everything we’ve got from them has been ready to plant and as long as I get it in the ground right away, we’re fine. If I can't grow it for a week then we kinda lose part of those but that is our fault.

Roberta's Gardens response

Ernie, Thank you for the kinds remarks. We want our customers to be happy with their merchandise and if there is ever a problem or you just have a question call us and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. Have a great day.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My garden is full of perennials. I get them from Home Depot, from Lowe’s and from Cottage Garden. But I don't think I have too much left from Roberta’s. I’ve gotten a lot of things in the past. They're perennials but they don't survive. They don't come back and they don't grow. I keep trying but not this year, no more. I’m an avid gardener so I’m done with Roberta's.

I ordered daisies and they didn't grow. I also got begonias and they lasted a couple of years but then I brought them in and they didn't come back either. I got lemon trees and jasmine. I had them on my front porch. I watered them and fed them, and although they flowered, they wouldn’t get any bigger. I ordered some peonies and they wouldn’t grow either. I put them in nice, big pots, and I fertilized them. I pampered and babied them. But they just sat there and did nothing. There is one thing I got from Roberta’s, a cactus, and for three years, it never bloomed. Then I pricked it in a couple places and it had beautiful epi-something. That’s still alive. I bring that inside and last year, that grew gorgeous flowers. The lilies also do come back. But there’s a lot of stuff that just didn't come back. I’ve sent hundreds of dollars with Roberta's.

What I think happens is that they grow them in an ideal setting. When those plants get here to my area, they don't survive the first year because they need those same growing conditions. If you take something out of the growing condition then you put it in to a different growing condition, it’s just not the same. I’ve watered the plants and I have Roberta’s fertilizer but they don't come back. I learned that when you get plants from Roberta’s or from Cottage Farms, if you take care of them and don't put them in the ground right away and nurture them inside a pot, sometimes, that will work. But I’ve also learned that going to the nurseries like Home Depot and Lowe’s and getting things are already big, grown and hardy works better as opposed to getting small plants.

Roberta's Gardens response

Wendi, We are so sorry you did not have good luck with some of our plants. I checked your account and you have never called for replacements. All our perennials have a one year warranty and annuals have a 90 day warranty. If you had called we could have sent replacements. Also, depending how cold it gets in your area some plants and bulbs that are perennials will not make it thru unusually cold weather. Again I am sorry you are disappointed in our products.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information