toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Roberta's Gardens

Thank you for taking time to review your recent purchase with Roberta's Gardens. We are thrilled to hear you have had some successful results with our plants. I noticed you reside in Scottsdale, AZ and I know you can get some very hot weather there, but you have done the absolute correct thing in purchasing heat tolerable plants for your warmer climate. This is a great tip and it's very important to purchase plants fit for your growing conditions. The hibiscus as well as the Hens and Chicks are two heat tolerable perennials that thrive in the warmer climates. Great gardening and keep growing with Roberta's!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

We LOVE everything we have ever purchased from Roberta's... We order online, receive in perfect condition at exact planting time - excellent customer service. We would not buy local after experiencing the highest quality plants from Roberta's. When you find beautiful plants, terrific prices, such great customer service, ease in ordering, why shop any place else?

Roberta's Gardens

Good Afternoon Anita, I am sorry you had problems with some of our plants, we will be happy to replace the ones that did not grow for you with the same plant or a different one of your choice. Go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and pick out something you would like to exchange for and call our customer service @ 800-428-9726 and we will get this taken care of. We want everyone to have success. Looking forwqrd to helping you.

Thank you for your kind comments. Look for us on QVC Jan. 17th.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Purchased several hundred dollars over the years. Followed planting instructions however over half either died or did not produce as stated. Disappointed but will keep trying. I watered as stated, planted as instructed and have little to show for it. I enjoy the show but rather have success.

Roberta's Gardens

Betty, Thank you for the good remarks. We strive to send good quality products. If you ever have a problem be sure to contact us and we will gladly help you with anything you need. Look for us on QVC in 2017, we will be airing some new items. Our first show is Jan. l7th.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I have ordered quite a few items from Roberta's. I am pleased with the selections and the service. They are a good and honest company. I look forward to doing business with them in the future. I would recommend them to my friends and family without hesitation.

Roberta's Gardens

Thanks Sterve for the good comments. It is our pleasure to help you with your plants if you have a problem. We appreciate the 5 star rating you gave us, it is our mission to send good plants. We are going to be back on QVC in January, please watch for us. Our first show is January 17th. Looking forward to doing business with you in the future. Have a good Winter.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I am very please with our products we bought from Roberta's Garden. They have been very helpful in teaching me how to grow the plants we purchased. I have had one problem when I first bought a plant and they replaced it without any questions. You don't find many companies like that anymore.

Roberta's Gardens

Roberta's is very happy to hear you will be ordering with us again in the spring and yes we do have a new lineup of succulents for this season. We are have moved towards a quick EZ pop out 9 PAK tray which contains these succulents for this season. After growing these and packaging them for the past few years, we believe this may prove to be one of the best ways to assemble this and ship it across the United States. Many of our succulents like our Hens and Chicks, Ice Plants, and Stonecrops contain the best varieties for growing and producing color with the least amount of maintenance. Please feel free to browse our new arrivals on our website at www.robertasinc.com or on the QVC television program again beginning in mid January. Happy Holidays and keep growing with Roberta's Gardens!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Have been ordering for several years and very satisfied with the items received. Excellent customer service. Will be ordering again in 2017. Definitely want to order a lemon tree and also a fig tree. Hoping there is a new selection of succulents.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Roberta's Gardens

We're happy you have found satisfaction with Roberta's plants over the years. Yes, that is right. We only provide plants to your gardening zone according to when your USDA hardiness zone opens up for planting. This is usually when you passed your last frost date and then it's good to plant all plants. Thanks again for all the orders and continue to grow with Roberta's!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

All of the flowers I have ordered from Roberta's Gardens preferably perennials (Daylilies, Tiger Lilies, Tulips, etc.) through the years have been so beautiful. I highly recommend Roberta's Gardens to flower lovers everywhere. Something else I like about Roberta's is that they do not send the bulbs until the bulbs are ready to be planted in your region.

Roberta's Gardens

Roberta's is glad you have thoroughly enjoyed the Perennial variety of Gerber Daisies as they're truly a genetic breakthrough. Who would have imagined an actual winter-hardy Gerber Daisy. I checked your account and I went ahead and entered a replacement order for a couple of those pesky yellow ones that did not perform like the others. They'll arrive when it is good for planting in your area next spring. Thank you for the order and I want to let you know that we have 4 brand new colors of hardy Gerber Daisies coming to the lineup this season. Be on the lookout for this new collection called the Oh So Sweet Gerber Daisies! Keep growing with Roberta's Gardens!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I received 8 plants and 7 yielded beautiful flowers even until today Dec 3... If the yellow one does not survive the winter here in PA, I know that I will receive a replacement. Very satisfied with customer service as well.

Roberta's Gardens

Karen, Thank you for your good comments. We strive to make sure you have good plants. On future purchases please call us if you have any problems, we will be happy to help you with any problems. Roberta's will be back on QVC starting Jan.17th. Be sure to watch. Looking forward to doing business with you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Overall satisfaction with purchases, specifically winter hardy hibiscus. While 2 of these plants that were placed in containers did not survive the winter, the 1 planted in ground has produced beautiful blooms for the past 2 summers. Roberta's is not to blame for the loss of the container plants as that loss falls on me. Should have known better. I like that unusual plants can be purchased, things not found in local gardening centers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Roberta's Gardens

This is correct. Your order is 100% GUARANTEED!!! We only ship spring planting flowers from March through June, so if we do not have the exact plant collection in the same year or it's too late in the summer, then we either ship it the following spring. If we no longer have the original plant type, then we will work with the customer to provide a substitute collection of the customer's choice. Always, your order is guaranteed- winter-hardy perennials are guaranteed for 1 year and anything else like annuals and tropicals are guaranteed for 90 days. We aim to please and satisfy each and every one of our customers.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I’ve bought tons of things through QVC and Roberta's. I've had mostly positive experiences (I would say 90% of everything I've ordered -- and I’ve ordered a lot -- have been fine and grown well). But I have had some plants that didn't grow, and I pretty much can grow anything. I talked with QVC and the response has been fine or I would not have kept ordering from Roberta's. It was handled to my satisfaction. If it were available, they sent me a replacement. If they did not have a replacement, they credited my account. If only one or two came demolished, which does happen sometimes when UPS or FedEx delivers it, and they didn't have a replacement, they credited a percentage of the order. It is a reliable site to order plants that are often difficult to locate in the area of the country I live.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Roberta's. This is why I continue to order from your company every year. Just a little question, will you be offering canterbury bells or campanula this year? I like the cottage garden plants.

Roberta's Gardens

I certainly apologize for the mistake and poor plants you recently received from Roberta's Gardens. I realize we failed in delivering you some healthy plants with this particular hummingbird groundcover. I would like to work with you to provide you with a replacement collection of your choice and equal to the price you paid for these and have them delivered to you next spring. Please feel free to look over our website at www.robertasinc.com or the QVC shows and pick a full collection out of your choice. Then notify us and we will be sure to ship this collection out to you when it is good for planting in your area. Our website now has all of our plant offerings for next spring, so feel free to browse our website and let us know what you might like. Again, I am very sorry for the plants arriving in poor shape and that your original order of the Hummingbird groundcover have been discontinued for next season. Thank you for your understanding in this situation and I look forward to following through and delivering a nice collection of plants for you next spring. I await the opportunity to work with you and provide you with a very nice collection.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I ordered the pack of 5 Hummingbird plants. When I opened the box one was dead, 2 plants had broken off about an inch above the soil. I took pictures of them, and planted them anyway. One survived but was very sickly. I called about a week after I planted them and was told "they were out of stock" and I needed the shipping papers. They offered Johnny Jump ups as a replacement. I was so ticked that I told them to keep the 3 for a dollar plants. That was no compensation for what I paid. Needless to say I will NEVER order from overpriced Roberta's Garden again. Some guarantee.

I am pretty much happy with what I've received. A couple of my Dianthus died but I've already applied for new ones. I did have problems with my water lily about 2 years ago. It only got 1 flower all summer and then it died that same summer. I've ordered 3 water lilies from you and it would have been the 2nd one I ordered. I never let you know about it dying either. Could you replace it? In general you have beautiful flowers! Thank you.

Roberta's Gardens

Absolutely!! We are always willing to work with ALL our customers to ensure success with Roberta's in his or her garden. If an item is not appropriate for your climate, then we will always work with you to find a different plant collection or one that is more suitable for your growing conditions. As always, keep growing with Roberta's and we'll work with you to help you get that green thumb you have always wanted!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I have been very pleased with my purchases & if an item did not meet my expectations, they make it right!!! I have ordered from them for many years & I keep right on ordering, Roberta's is that good!!!

Roberta's Gardens

I feel embarrassed and awful that you have experienced this dissatisfaction with Roberta's creeping or groundcover Phlox. The only thing I can think of is this particular plant could have gotten dried out as it normally does late spring and we tried to ship it to you and it just could not sustain the travel time in the box, so it dried out and died. It sounds like this could have been the case as this plant really needs to be shipped to all customers in the early spring when it is thriving as it goes dormant and dies back in summer. For this mistake I am very sorry and I would like to make this up to you. A representative from Roberta's will be contacting you very soon to alleviate this problem and make this right for you. I look forward to making sure we provide you with a nice healthy plant collection of you liking this coming spring. Thank you for the honest feedback and Roberta's will make this right for you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I have ordered a lot from Roberta's and Love Everything and enjoy my beautiful flowers - a ground coverage ones. I always recommend Roberta's to all my friends and people who have come and said to me my flowers and such look so beautiful and always tell them Roberta's.

Factual basis uncertain

It seems like everything I get from them doesn't grow. Tomato plants were some of the worst. They arrived and they were broken. Only thing that grew were some lily bulbs. Wrote customer service but received no answer so I just can not recommend them.

So far I am very happy with my purchase from Robertas. The Desert Rose plant is still healthy and I hope in June to see it flower. My ground cover plants also are doing ok. I thought they may have spread a bit more this year but will see how they do next spring.

I ordered creeping phlox and they arrived half dead. Thought possibly I could revive them. After a week they were completely dead. Called and they sent out another group. They arrived in a condition that was worse than the first order. After that I gave up... And now I am looking for new creeping phlox to plant in the spring.

I had ordered the fig tree through QVC and unfortunately it did not survive. Roberta's sent me a replacement and I had a dozen figs this Summer - its first season. They were very fair and there were no questions asked.

I have nothing but good things to say about Roberta's. If we had any problems with our plants they just sent replacements. I wish they would expand their product line so I don't have to go anywhere else for plants, trees, and shrubs I might need for our yard. I love their plant fertilizer. Keep up the great work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Roberta's Gardens

Roberta's Gardens certainly apologizes for the bad plants arriving to you. We strive to provide the most healthy plants to all our customers, but obviously we have missed the mark with your past couple of orders. We will be happy to send you a complimentary order of any of our collections available. Please browse our website at www.robertasinc.com and pick a collection, and we'll make sure it gets shipped to you this spring in much better condition than the previous plants. I show you reside in zone 6, so if you're selecting perennials, be sure to select perennials for zones 6 or higher. You can always select an annual or tropical collection as well. I am sorry the past couple of orders have arrived in poor condition and I look forward to following through on your next order to ensure they arrive in good, healthy shape. Thank you for your understanding in this situation and allowing us another chance to send you some healthy plants.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I ordered perennials from Roberta's Gardens and when they arrived, they were basically dead. I called Roberta's and they sent them, but they were basically dead again. Their customer service is wonderful. They promptly sent the stuff back out and apologized. However, they need to figure out a way to get the plants alive to the customer.

Roberta's Gardens

I am so sorry the Foxglove and Coral Peonies did not take and do well for you. The peonies must have not taken due to an poor root stalk and I'm not sure what could have caused the Foxglove to not take. They really prefer partial or filtered sunlight as opposed to full sun. I will be happy to replace both of these collections in the spring of 2017; however, we will no longer be having these plant types next spring. You are free to choose any other plant collections we currently have available and we'll be happy to send them to you. We will be having a nice peony collection which will include 1 each of a red, pink, and darker pink peony. I would be happy to send this out to you. As far as substituting the Foxglove, we have some very nice collections available and you are free to choose any. Please visit our website at www.robertasinc.com and choose a collection. Thank you for allowing Roberta's to work with you on these two orders. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I love seeing all of the flowers on QVC but most of the flowers that I ordered did not come up this year. I did everything I was supposed to do to take care of the plants with absolutely no success. I was hoping for a beautiful garden and that did not happen. The ones that I ordered were Coral Queen Peony, Foxy Digitalis, The Shade loving Day Lilies. Fig is still growing. Butterfly Bouquet and the Butterfly bushes are doing ok so far. Will know more in the spring. Thank you so much for asking.

I was not happy with the bulbs that I received. They were purchased from QVC so not sure if the misrepresentation of the bulbs came from them or Roberta's Gardens. They showed huge healthy bulbs and what I received were tiny dried out bulbs. A couple were replaced but they didn't grow either. They were expensive. The cheap ones I bought at Lowe's grew fine.

I have ordered several thing through QVC. I had a plant that died and it was replaced. I had a couple that came in like mush and they were replaced. The only thing that could be improved, when I filed for a loss, there was no communication that it shipped or anything concrete. A few weeks later the replacements showed up usually 3 weeks or so. So a confirmation that it was received or at least shipped would be nice to know.

Roberta's Gardens

I sincerely apologize for the mistake we have made in shipping out and delivering your replacement order. I am also very sorry to learn the plants have been dying shortly after planting. I have reviewed your account and we definitely made a mistake in getting your Gazania (annuals) delivered to you in 2015. I clicked on the tracking number and for some reason, UPS says the tracking number cannot be located. This usually means a UPS shipping label was created by our team, but failed to get on a box and sent to UPS. We could have lost the shipping label or for this I am very sorry. I would like to make this up to you somehow and provide you with a complimentary plant collection of your choice. Please browse our website at www.robertasinc.com and select any of our available plant collections and I will make sure it gets ship to you this spring. Please accept our sincere apologies and I hope you will allow Roberta's a chance to make this mistake up to you. Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

They died, could not get refund or replacement plants, do not have order #, but purchased from QVC. WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE PLANTS OR FLOWERS FROM ROBERTA's. Even in past year's buys get some of same results, with same results, plants died, planted appropriately. Report results was told plants could not be repacked until the next season. Never receive any replacements or refunds.

Roberta's Gardens

Roberta's Gardens apologizes for the lack of success you have had with our plants. I reviewed your account and nearly all your items have been replaced. We will ship you another order of the of the veggie medley, so please look for it to arrive next spring. Also, be careful to only plant item that can withstand your warmer Alabama climate. We certainly hope you will give Roberta's another try in the near future and thank you for allowing us to send you the patio vegetables in the spring.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I have placed multiple orders with Roberta's and they all seem to die either during shipping or shortly after I got them. They were replaced when I sent an email, but those didn't do much better. Not happy with the quality of the plants that I have received.

Roberta's Gardens

I am sorry the Chinese Tree Peony died and did not become established this summer. I have entered a replacement order for a new tree peony root stalk to be sent to you next spring. I firmly believe this one will do much better for you as this is truly a special perennial. I look forward to making sure this ships to you promptly when your USDA zone opens up for planting. Thank you for allowing us to replace this item for you. Happy Holidays and keep growing with Roberta's.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I purchase a Chinese tree. It looked weak when I planted but it never grew. I have other plant that are still alive but no flowers. Other things have done fine and present no problems. QVC has done ok on customer service but Roberta's has to do better! Thanks for your concern.

Have purchased Roberta's from QVC for several years and have found them great with their service and also the quality of their plants. Always enjoy their shows on QVC and have learned much from the helpful hints provided by the brothers. I have had a few plants that did not make the hard winters here in Maryland and the customer service always replaced the plants with no questions. Always look forward to the Roberta's spring shows on QVC and always find a few things I cannot live without. Roberta's always have items that I cannot find at the local plant shops. Please keep up the great job you do.

Roberta's Gardens

Thank you for your question regarding the Lavender. We try to include all these growing tips in the growing guide that should have been included in your order, but no worries and I apologize if it was accidentally forgotten. Lavender is an evergreen perennial and it will remain fairly green throughout winter. It might get a somewhat grey tint depending on how harsh your winter conditions are, but please do not prune or cut away any growth till next spring. You will want to prune and remove approximately 1/3 of the foliage or existing growth in the Lavender plant in early spring. This will help cleanup the plant and encourage new growth for next summer. Remember to provide absolute full sun to the lavender and site it in a well-drained sandy or rocky garden soil as it does not appreciate "wet feet". I hope this helps and I will be sure to send send this information to you along with growing guide appropriate for the Lavender you ordered from Roberta's Gardens. Thanks again for your question and Lavender order!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

The 6 lavender plants grew a lot this summer. They were in full sun. Never flowered. I was told they would flower this season. No direction of how to winterize them. I would appreciate Roberta’s to email this information to me.

Roberta's Gardens

Roberta's certainly apologizes for the poor results you received with the oriental roselilies and reblooming daylilies. The oriental roselilies need just partial or indirect sunlight where the daylilies enjoy full sun. Both should be planted directly in the garden as opposed to containers. I have gone ahead and entered replacement orders for all 3 sets of the Roselilies and 1 full set of the reblooming daylilies. I think you will have much better results with these orders and we would certainly appreciate an update and review modification if you are happy with bulbs. Thank you for allowing Roberta's to replace these two items for you and please allow a couple seasons for them to bloom out for you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I purchased 20 bulbs of All Fragrant Reblooming Scents. Only 8 of 20 grew. I purchased 18 bulbs of Pollen Free Multi Petaled Orient. None - not even one grew. I am so very disappointed in Roberta's. I completed a review on QVC but heard nothing from them either. The flowers were beautiful on TV but in real life... I am waiting to see if the 8 I do have come back next year.

Roberta's Gardens

I'm sorry Mr. Beasley for your tree peony dying on you. The tree peonies are suitable for zones 4-8 and we show you reside in zone 7b, so I think it should be appropriate for you. You may want to position it directly in the soil in a partially sunny area. I have reviewed your account and there is a replacement order for one tree peony to be shipped to you next spring. I think you will find the replacement root stalk this time to be much better. Please accept our apologies for the first peony dying. Thank you for your understanding in this situation. I look forward to making sure this gets shipped to you around early April.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Received peony I ordered and expected it to be small. Seemed to have a tiny bit of bud so thought it might live. It arrived well after our planting time so soil was warm. Still died. I expect better when I pay over $35 for a plant. They said they were out of stock and I could expect to receive a replacement next year at normal time to plant. We shall see. Will never order from them again. At that point I would rather have had a refund.

Roberta's Gardens Company Profile