Call toll free
3.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roberta’s Gardens was established over 50 years ago and continues to provide gardeners with the supplies they need to sow a beautiful garden. Roberta’s not only offer’s gardeners the best bulbs and plantings, but treats to enjoy while sitting outside and admiring your flourishing garden.

As a family owned business the Wallien Family has passed down their appreciation for giving their customers the most diversified and unique gardening selections from around the world. No matter where you're located, let Roberta’s bring uniqueness to your garden.

View More View More

792 Roberta's Gardens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 9, 2019

Ordered from QVC last year red creeping thyme. Arrived healthy. Planted them, took good care of them but the majority died. About 8 plants survived. Contacted Roberta's and they are being replaced. No hassle. Have had replacements before. Roberta's are true to their word, if something goes wrong they will replace it. Ordered more plants this year and am looking forward to getting them, especially the tree peony. I'm sure the success will be greater now that they are being shipped established in pots as opposed to bare root.

Roberta's Gardens response

Deborah, Thank you for your kind remarks concerning Roberta's Gardens. We are always pleased to hear from a customer that is happy with our product and customer service. We strive to have the best in both. If at any time you need help or just have a question; give us a call and one of our customer service reps will help you. Have a great Summer and happy gardening.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

My zip code is 83501 which is at the 900 ft elevation. I live 18 miles out of town but my elevation is 4700 ft. I have requested later delivery dates but have been told that could not be done. That means I have to baby the small plants until it is safe for me to plant. I do lose some. The plants are nice but I just wish they could be delivered much later.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 7, 2019

I made several returns last year. Over the last few years, the quality has gone down. I used to look forward to seeing what was available. I not very interested anymore. The plants I purchased years ago still are doing very well.

Roberta's Gardens response

Debra, We are sorry you are not happy with some of the plants you received. Some of them have a year warranty and if you had called we could replace them. I checked your orders and saw you got refunds from QVC so will not be able to help you with those 3 orders. However, the other orders you have if they are not doing well you can call and request replacements. You may also go to robertasgardens.net and fill out a replacement form. We are here to help M-F 8:00 to 4:30.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I purchased a Meyer lemon tree from Roberta’s via QVC three years ago. The first year nothing spectacular happened as far as growth. The second year it produced two very tiny lemons which never turned yellow. And now I’m looking at a dead plant this year. It has lived indoors in the winter, outside in the spring/summer and early fall, as I’m located in Michigan. I’ve used the fertilizer as directed, and the soil has been dried out in between watering. It has a good sized pot. I spent close to $100 on this tree and it never looked like a tree, just a twig with some leaves. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Annuals and perennials. Plants arrived in poor condition. Some were wilted and very dry. Several were brown with no foliage. Planed them immediately and watered regularly to no avail. Not one lived. Just decided not to follow up with QVC. Will not make same mistake twice and order again from QVC.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roberta's Gardens?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Roberta's Gardens have good products, but most of them don't do well here in the desert. Even though they say they're good for this zone, the Veggie Trio that I purchased didn't grow at all. So they don't grow here in the Sonoran Desert. But the people at Roberta's seem to be very nice willing to replace plants. But I don't see much point in replacing it if the same thing is probably gonna happen.

Roberta's Gardens response

Marianna, We are sorry you did not have Good Luck with your plants. We do have a warranty and would be happy to exchange for another item.. If you would go to our website and check out what we have available for your area and give us a call we can substitute another item. Looking forward to helping you. Thank you. Have a great day.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Chicks and hens, other plants. Many of the orders I purchased died!!! I was very disappointed. I spent about sixty dollars worth of products. Hibiscus plants four of the, 3 bleeding hearts. I don't feel I will purchase anything from there again!!! I got them through QVC and Roberta's site.

Roberta's Gardens response

Kathleen, We are sorry you had problems with some of your products. I checked your orders for last season and do not show any calls for replacements or complaints. You can call us and request replacements. Our perennials have a one year warranty and the annuals have a 90 day warranty. Please call and speak with one of our customer service representatives. Looking forward to helping you. Have a nice day.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Calliope geraniums - When I first received them they grew slowly. By midsummer they picked up and grew like wildfire, full of so many blooms till Christmas! Sadly they are annuals and are now gone. Would like to reorder them again for this summer. They were great!

Roberta's Gardens response

Diana, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are always pleased to hear when a customer is happy with their purchase. We strive to have the best quality plants availalbe. We do have the Calliope Geranium this season. It is a 6 pc set. Dark Red, Rose Splash, and Dark Violet. If there is anything we can do to help you, give us a call and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. You can also check out our website www.robertasgardens.net to see our new items for this season. Again Thank You for your time. Have a great day.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I just bought more of these and they died again. There is no reason for it other than bad shipment. Really look good under the rose tree I have that's in a huge planter on east side cause west is too hot in summer.

Roberta's Gardens response

Michele, I do not see a new order in your account. Perhaps you purchased them from Cottage Farms if you have a new shipment.. The last order I show for you was in March of 2018 for Dianthus and they were replaced in May 2018. We have not started out shipping process yet as the weather has been way to cold.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Did not have very good luck with my purchases from Roberta's (vegetable plants & flowers). I am an experienced gardener. I sent images of my backyard as an example. Their plants look so good on the television and I wish that they would have worked out. I will not be placing any orders this year.

Roberta's Gardens response

Linda, We are so sorry you have not had Good Luck with some of your items. I checked your account and saw you have not requested any replacements. If you call us, someone can help you with this. You can also check our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill out a replacement form. We will replace all perennials for 1 year and annuals for 90 days. Looking forward to helping you.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have purchased several plants from Roberta's through QVC which I spent a lot of money on. They did not survive the planting season, which I believe that I should be refunded for. When shone on QVC they look wonderful, but when you receive them they are not.

Roberta's Gardens response

Roberta's Gardens is sad to learn you have not had much success with our flowers in the past. We work hard and strive to provide each and every customer with the healthiest and best plants possible. We understand and we try to convey that the plants shown on the QVC presentations are older, more mature plants. We ship one year old, finished plants to our customers. Perennials take some time before they bloom and flourish in the garden and they often stay true to the old adage that they sleep the first season, creep the second season, then leap the third year. This really is true with many perennials, groundcovers, flowering shrubs, and climbers. Please notify us via email or call us and we will be happy to setup some complimentary plant replacement orders and have them shipped to you this spring. We look forward to hearing from you soon and making sure you receive these replacement orders this spring. Thank you for your time and feedback and we appreciate this information.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was excited to receive the bulbs for the begonias that were to have very large blooms. Unfortunately, not one bloom was created last season. I dug up bulbs last fall and plan to plant in pots this season. Maybe that will help. I was quite disappointed.

Roberta's Gardens response

We apologize Ken for the begonias not producing last season. They prefer partial sun but sometimes if they don't get enough sunlight they will not produce blooms. We always want our customer to be happy with their purchases with Roberta's and would be happy to send out replacements for them as they are under warranty. Contact our Customer Service and they would be happy to help you. Thank you for choosing Roberta's and happy gardening.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I’ve purchased quite a bit from Roberta’s, including a type of flower known as hens and chicks. I like the overall quality of items I've ordered though I’ve had some that didn’t make it because a lot of the stuff sold is a little farther south than where I’m at. Still, when I have called them to give me a refund and they’ve always been quick to credit my account. In terms of shipment, they make finding the items that I'm looking for and having them shipped easy.

Roberta's Gardens response
Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you need help with any of our items or need a replacement or just want to ask a question call us and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

We appreciate the good feedback. Have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Roberta's Gardens has had some unusual things that I can’t get from standard nurseries which I enjoy seeing. I've bought things over the last few years from them. My interactions with their reps have been fine and the items I've received have had good quality. Though I've had some things that didn’t do well with the delivery, I called Roberta's Gardens and they replaced the items.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you Sue for taking the time to review our company and to give us good remarks. We always strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available. If at any time you have a problem or just need a question answered give us a call and one of our Customer Service representatives will be happy to help you. You can also check our our website to see all items we have available. Again thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I like the products that Roberta's Gardens was selling and I bought different types of flowers from them. The delivery went very well. The flowers arrived in a timely manner and in good condition. Although I've had a few things that didn't grow as well as I thought they would, most of my purchases have met my expectations.

Roberta's Gardens response

Diane, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to have the best quality plants available. If at any time you need help with one of our products or just want to ask questions call our 800-428-9726 number and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. We offer a one year warranty on all our perennials and 90 days on annuals.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I love the plant selections, I wish the shipping process could change though. My plant shipments are in the travel process for more than a week especially when shipped ups smartpost, ups delivers to the post office and then it takes another day or two before delivered to my home. The plants are watered heavy to keep them from drying out but by the time I receive them, the leaves have usually turned yellow from too much water and because the plants are so young they have a hard time recovering. I lost two orders of plants last year from this issue, one is being replaced this spring and qvc refunded my account on the other. Love the plants when they grow.

Roberta's Gardens response

Norma, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We strive to have the best quality plants available. I understand your concerns on the shipping. The labels are downloaded to us and are already marked on how they will ship so we do not have control of that process. If at any time you rec eive and item from us that is not up to par give us a call and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Columbines were so skimpy and barely survived summer but did not return in the spring. Those purchased elsewhere in previous years had no problem. I would say about 50% of perennials purchased from Roberta's over the years ever returned the year after planting. Love the QVC presentation just not the results.

Roberta's Gardens response

Wanda, We are sorry you did not have good luck with your Columbine. Unfortunately the warranty has expired on them. When you have a product that does not work for you please call so we can make it good. Our perennials have a 1 yr. warranty and annuals have a 90 day warranty.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been a faithful customer of Roberta's for many years! I always receive quality plants and easy to follow instructions. I order from QVC early in the season and I get something new and unique almost every year from them. I could go to local stores to buy, but they wouldn't have the neat items Roberta's does. Then there is the guarantee, if it dies, and they have once or twice, I get replacement plant! You can't get that at local store! Also the care information is specific so there's no guessing.

Roberta's Gardens response

Thank you for being a faithful and loyal customer of Roberta's and the great review rating. We strive to make each one of our customers happy with quality, unique plants with great customer service and appreciate when our customers take the time to tell us know. We look forward to another great growing season with customers like you.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

the banana plant I purchased is doing great - it gets up to 18 feet tall in the summer and is expanding yearly. The hardy palms however have all died but one - they do not do well in WV weather - and many of the other plants we have purchased do pretty well the first year but most do not Coe back the following year.

Roberta's Gardens response
Ron, Happy to hear you are having good luck with your Banana Tree. The other items you purchased this past season are still under warranty. If any need to be replaced call our customer service and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. You can also go to our website and fill out a replacement form. www.robertasgardens.net

Looking forward to helping you. Have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a few different flowers from QVC that I lost over the one season I had them. I wish I had time to call for replacements, but I just don’t. Hopefully, I will try to call but I can not make any promises!

Roberta's Gardens response

Raymond, You actually had the Hibiscus you ordered replaced 2X and the Daisies replaced once. We only have a one time replacement policy so you are past your warranty. We are sorry these did not work out for you. If we can be of help in the future be sure to contact us. Have a good day.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Unfortunately, none of the 12 Gerber Daisies I bought lasted more than a 2 months. 3 of them bloomed once. The others all died. This is the second time I ordered from Roberta’s. The first was a butterfly bush that didn’t bloom for a year and is smaller than it should be for its age. I’m sure this is a quality company but, their products don’t work well for me.

Roberta's Gardens response

Rhonda, Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our company. Your order shows you ordered 2-4pc sets for a total of 8 and called in for 2 replacements. You are still eligible to have 6 more replacements. All you need to do is call our customer service and one of our customer service reps will be happy to help you. You can also go to our website www.robertasgardens.net and fill our a replacement form. Looking forward to helping you. Have a good day.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My experience with Roberta's Gardens has always been excellent and they have beautiful flowers. The delivery experience with them has been good but my complaint with all of these places is that we live on Long Island and there is a delivery schedule and I know when they're coming, but they deliver the items too early. Other than that, the quality of the items I've received from Roberta's Gardens is very good. They back them up and if there was anything I didn't like, didn't grow, didn't do, they either replaced it or gave me a credit to use the next year. I recommend Roberta's Gardens.

Roberta's Gardens response

Valerie, Thank you for your good comments. We always appreciate comments that are good and informative. We use these to help us improve our shipping and customer service. If a t anytime you have a question or concern all you need to do is call our customer service number and you will be taken care of. Sometimes the phones are very busy, just leave a message and someone will call you back. Again thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on our company./

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I've been ordering flowers from Roberta's Gardens for around eight years, but I got tired. Everything looks beautiful on TV, through QVC, and they say the plants will sustain but everything that I buy dies. I bought kiwis but it isn't worth to buy it there anymore. It's too small. Even the easy to grow things like the lilies have died. Last year, I bought a couple of things because they're so beautiful. I bought the best of roses and I was told it's gonna be yellow. It wasn't even yellow, and they died. The first time this happened, they gave me credits. Then they have replaced a couple of times just the last two years. But this time, I haven't even called because I just feel bad. I'm tired of calling because when I call, they always question me, so I can replace everything. I just don't wanna buy anymore. I'm very dissatisfied with the experience.

Roberta's Gardens response

Veronica, I checked your orders and saw you purchased the Desert Rose last season. This is replaceable this year. Call our customer service number or go to our website and fill our a replacement form. We strive to have the best quality plants available. I also noticed some of the other items you purchased are also replaceable if they have not grown for you. We can also sub other items that might do well in your area. Please don't give up on us, we are here to help you.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Roberta’s Gardens looks like they have good products. My experience with ordering and delivery has been fine and the quality of the items I purchased is pretty good. Usually, they deliver what they said but sometimes, I get a few duds. But that’s the way plants are.

Roberta's Gardens response

Vicki, Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are pleased with your remarks. However we never want a customer to receive a dud. If at any time you get a plant the is not satisfactory call our customer service and we will be happy to send you a new plant. You can also go to robertasinc.com and fill out a replacement form. We strive to have all our plants to arrive in good condition.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I am usually very pleased with my flowers from Roberta's. On this particular order I am disappointed. The Amaryllis that I ordered was choice of red or white. The red was shown as all red, the white was shown as red and white. I placed 2 orders both for white. I fully expected the red and white. Mine is all white and the one I sent as a gift is the one shown red and white. The Amaryllis is very healthy and beautiful as well as really big. I had to stake it because it was tipping over.

Roberta's Gardens response

Marion, I am sorry you are disappointed in your Amaryllis. The only colors we ordered in were the White/Red and the plain Red.I guess we got some that were not marked correctly However I am happy they both bloomed beautiful for you. They do get top heavy so the staking was good.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I liked the uniqueness of the items at Roberta’s Gardens and I ended up purchasing numerous products like Calla Lilies. The quality of the items is good and if I ever have a problem, they always replace them. Every once in a while, one will be shipped that doesn’t look right. I would let them know and they would always back up their products. Some of the things are a little expensive but it all averages out. Our growing season up here is so short. They should keep a running variety of different stuff because the greenhouses around here don’t carry a lot of what they have which makes them what they are.

Roberta's Gardens response

Terri, Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our company.. We strive to have the best quality plants and bulbs available and are always looking for new and unusual items. As you have experienced we do stand behind our plants and if at any time you get something you are not happy with just give us a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Orchids cactus (epiphyllum) spring blooming - Ordered it 2 times (No flowers). Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I also ordered another cactus (red). Again no flowers. Very disappointed. Don't know what else I can say. I rather have another flower (bulbs). Don't have much luck with them either. Prefer started plants.

Roberta's Gardens response
Debbie, I do not see where you requested any replacements for your products. We are here to help you and if you would call us, we have customer service representatives to help with any problem you might have and if you have an item that didn't make it they will be happy to replace it for you. We also have a website www.robertasgardens.net where you can fill our a replacement form. Please let us know how we can help you.

Thank you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Chinese Peopy trees. Pink & Red. Ordered 2 in 2017. One died immediately and was replaced in 2018. Then they both died summer 2018. Beautiful trees but a complete Waste of money. Also lost some of our American Lavender which was supposed to grow anywhere? Not such a good experience.

Roberta's Gardens response

Claudia, I am sorry you had bad luck with your Tree Peony. They are usually very hardy. Unfortunately you are past the warranty to replace them. However we can replace your Lavender. Just call our customer service and let one of our customer service reps know how many you need replaced and we will get you out new plants this season. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I ordered hens and chicks. This order arrived to my home dried out and some of the plants were dead. I contacted customer service and was sent another set. These weren’t much better. I was rather disappointed with the quality.

Roberta's Gardens response

Debbie, We are sorry you were not happy with your Hens & Chicks. WE strive to have the best quality plants available and if they are not we need to know ASAP so we can correct your order and let our grower know they are not up to par. We would like to take this opportunity to send you another set of the Hens & Chicks. Please give our customer service a call and let them know the situation and they will get you in to receive another shipment this season. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased through QVC several plants last year. The year before, they started growing really well, but the first 117 day and they all died even though I had them in shade so far. None of the plants survived this desert heat, they were great while they lasted.

Roberta's Gardens response

Geoffrey, Thank you for taking the time to review our company and for the great rating. We strive to have the best quality plants available and the best customer service. Our customer service representatives are here to help with any problems. All you need to do is call 800-428-9726 and they can answer your questions. We also have a website www.robertasgardens.net. You can enter your zone which is 9 and it will bring up plants that can grow in your area. If you have any questions please give us a call. Have a great day.

Roberta's Gardens Company Information