It's that easy Request Information
4.53/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roadway Movers is a residential and corporate long distance moving company. Our team is fully certified and ready to assist you during your move. Our services include loading and unloading of items, furniture placement in designated rooms, disassembly and reassembly of items, packing materials and more. When you select Roadway Movers as your moving company, you can rest assured that your belongings will be carefully delivered to your final destination. Visit our website or call us today to learn more or to obtain a free quote!

67 Roadway Movers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Wanted to try life out in a new city with some new friends so I decided to move from my home in Chicago and move to Austin Texas. Roadway Movers were recommended to me by a family member and I needed to secure a moving company for my move. It was nice of them to offer three movers for my job but I really only needed two so we settled on two. My move went so easily and I was on the road to Austin before I knew it. The two movers showed up in Texas at my new apartment and did a fantastic job moving me back in.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Made a decision to move to be closer to my family and I needed a moving company to help with my larger household items. I can’t believe the level of service and professionalism I received from Roadway Movers. They are really the best moving company I’ve ever used. Right from when the movers showed up I could tell this would be a different kind of experience. The movers were polite and very hard working - they showed up at my new home right on time and with everything intact. Roadway Movers will be my only moving company ever!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Have to give it to Roadway Movers. They scheduled me for my exact moving date I needed and I got a great price for my move to North Carolina. Roadway Movers sent me three movers who did a splendid job taking my belongings and loading the truck in a matter of a few hours. I thought we could have gotten away with two movers but three just made it that much faster. Everything arrived at my new home right on schedule and I was moved in on the first date of my moving window. Go with Roadway Movers, they will exceed your expectations.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Happily got promoted to a new branch in Atlanta and needed to move from Florida. Decided to hire Roadway Movers because of their reviews and the nice moving agent who helped me. The price was low and my moving dates were approved. Three movers showed up on moving day and handled everything quickly and safely. Roadway Movers was a great hire and I would do it again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Found an advertisement for Roadway Movers so I decided to call them. Such a nice receptionist who took down my info and had a moving agent call me back to work out the details. I requested at least three movers and they sent three which was perfect. Roadway Movers even called me an hour before they showed up to make sure everything was in order. Moving went as well as expected and the movers showed up with our stuff in Louisiana right on time. Don’t have a negative thing to say and am happy to give Roadway Movers five stars across the board.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roadway Movers?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I used Roadway Movers after a new job was offered to me in Boston. The price was just right for me so I hired them to move my stuff to my new apartment. Roadway Movers sent a team of 3 to move my stuff and were right on time which was nice. It took a few hours but we got the job done and I was very pleased with how they wrapped up the more delicate pieces. Grateful for the Roadway Movers team and how organized everything was.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Can’t complain about Roadway Movers in the slightest. Their moving coordinator was wonderful and very friendly. Asked me a lot about my move and all the moving logistics associated with it - how much I would be bringing with, and even offered to transport a vehicle of mine. Roadway Movers gave me a great quote for my move and showed up right on the moving date. My move went well thanks to them and I’m happy to recommend them to others.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Very pleased with Roadway Movers and the moving team that was used for my move. I just got a new job and needed to move quick but didn’t have the time and space to move my whole home. I found Roadway Movers online and called their offices - I got my quote and scheduled my move all in about 30 minutes. They were professional and courteous compared to some other companies.

Original review: May 18, 2018

This is a WARNING – DO NOT USE Roadway Movers out of Jacksonville, FL. They are a broker and do not care about the quality of service you get from their subcontractors... They are done with you after you sign the contract. Since I lived in Texas, they used a company in Houston, TR Systems, to pick up my furniture. My salesman with Roadway, Logan **, lied about everything. He told me quite a few of my items did not have to be in boxes, as the movers could just wrap them in the padding. The movers refused to take these items (I had them wrapped in Visqueen plastic, but not in boxes). They just happened to have their own boxes in the van, that you have no choice but to buy at outrageous prices (up to $80.00 for a box)!

Plan on spending several hundred dollars MORE than your quote with Roadway!! Then Logan told me my big hutch (7 foot tall) was costing me $400.00 to move – so, I decided to cut costs, and sold it. Then when Logan did not lower my quote one penny, he denied ever telling me that. The cushions, that Logan said to just leave on my wicker patio furniture, never made it to CA. I have no idea who they ended up going to. He also said that the guys who loaded in Texas would be the same ones to unload. He told me whatever he thought I wanted to hear. He promised me that once loaded, my furniture would not leave the truck, but would stay on it til delivered the next week at my new home in CA. The worse lie of all, as it went directly to a warehouse in Houston for 2 weeks!

I think that must be where most of the damage occurred. TR Systems, then brokered out my belongings AGAIN, to an independent guy, to deliver it. Alex (who told me he delivers for lots of different moving companies) is the one who picked up my belongings in Houston, and drove them to California, where he hired one guy – a day worker - who did not know what he was doing, to help him unload. This guy was tossing boxes marked FRAGILE on top of each other, all upside down, and very careless with my furniture, and rude to me when I asked him to be careful. It was taking them forever, so I had to unwrap the moving blankets off the furniture and cut off all the duct tape and I am a 72 year old woman!

When they were finally done, Alex said I had to sign about 10 different forms, so he could leave... I stupidly did not read the small print, which states all items were delivered safely. I was so stupid to sign them, as every box had broken items, half of my furniture is damaged, and some beyond repair (antiques). I actually cried as I unpacked my bashed in boxes and saw my ruined furniture. You could tell the boxes were shaken, as it wasn't just cracked glassware, but all shattered glass! All 3 of my artificial trees were destroyed. Boxes had been thrown onto them, as branches were snapped off, crushed, and even the plant's containers were crushed and ruined. Hardly anything arrived in the condition it was when I packed it. And I have moved over 25 times in my life, so know how to wrap boxes tightly. I marked EVERY via room, and marked them FRAGILE.

I used 65 feet of bubble wrap, wrapped all unboxed items in Visqueen plastic, used 3 rolls of packing tape and cushioned everything in wadded up newspapers. No one could have packed better! It looks like this was done on purpose... so be careful how you tip. I was told 3 guys would load, but 4 showed up, so the tip was less than planned to each individual. I do believe that may have been why they destroyed my belongings. A drafting table was thrown so hard, that the wood screws were pulled out of the wood, damaging it beyond repair. A large wicker dresser (six drawers) was thrown face down so hard that the metal knobs were embedded into the wicker drawers -ruined. An antique brass umbrella stand was kicked all around the base, you can actually see the curve of the toe of the boot that kicked it inward.

All artwork had broken glass or scratched up frames. My daybed frame was mangled – you can tell it was thrown. Wooden furniture legs were snapped in half! It was too late to file a claim by the time I finished unpacking. It was too upsetting to deal with them again, anyway. So, I will post this on every consumer site I can find, in hopes of letting others know what they did to me, and so they will not use them! CONSUMER BEWARE!

Original review: May 17, 2018

Customer service at Roadway Movers was top notch. Right from the jump Roadway Movers made my move as easy as possible. I asked them some questions and they were really helpful in answering all of them. We took inventory of all my boxes and the quote Roadway Movers gave me was excellent. Movers did a great job, and even carried my heavy pull out couch into the upstairs bedroom. Hope to use them when I move again sometime down the road.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I hired Roadway Movers to move some things from my home to my warehouse in another state and they did really well. We counted up all my boxes for transport and Roadway Movers gave me a great price for my moving job. Packing up took less than 5 hours and unloading even less than that. Our crew of three worked well together and I would recommend them for showing up at the promised times, and having nothing but professionalism the entire time.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My entire moving experience with Roadway Movers was 5 stars. The few movers I had were very polite and seemed to go above and beyond whenever I asked. They were careful with all my belongings and made my move very simple. I wish I had used them for my last move! Will recommend Roadway Movers to my friends and family who will be moving whenever that may be.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Roadway Movers moved me last year from South Carolina to Texas and it was a very simple job. The moving coordinator at Roadway Movers was very thorough in the detailing of every step of our move. Our movers could not have been nicer and our driver seemed like a definite professional. They moved us into our new home in under a day (we had a LOT of stuff), and made sure everything was in the right spot. Very satisfied with our moving experience overall.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Everyone at Roadway Movers helped me tremendously. I explained my situation that I work almost every day and have two young children and they managed to set up a time that would work for all of us. My move would take a few days which is understandable because of the distance and they promised to have all my belongings at my new home on a certain day. They kept their word and were very timely with all the aspects of my move. Roadway Movers did a wonderful job.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Roadway Movers had much better prices than the other companies we looked at. I wasn’t familiar with their service or their name so I had a lot of questions going into it. They were very helpful when trying to figure out what / how much we would be moving. Moving from New York to Oklahoma is a far move and nothing was damaged in our moving truck. Our movers did a great job and I made sure that the low price Roadway Movers gave us would be the final total - which it was.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Had some damage from a burst pipe in my old apartment so I had to pack up quick and move while it was being refurbished. Roadway Movers helped me move my stuff to a storage unit while that was being done and I used them again when construction was over with. They are a great moving company and did a great job with all my stuff - and even had some pointers about how to set up again when it was over. Appreciate the insight and the help Roadway Movers provided for me.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I compared six or seven different companies before arriving at Roadway Movers. The coordinators did a great job setting up my moving dates, and kept their word on their price we set. Overall it was an easy process and the movers showed up right on time on the moving date. They moved everything great and set me up at my new apartment too. Great job Roadway Movers.

Original review: May 10, 2018

The building I was moving into recommended Roadway Movers to me and they had a great price. Moving went well and the movers were prompt. My only worry was about some antiques I owned but the movers carefully placed them without questions. Our boxes were really heavy but there were definitely enough movers. Roadway Movers is a great moving service.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Great moving experience with Roadway Movers. We booked them at the last second and were able to accommodate us down to the day. Our movers showed up on time and had a truck probably TOO big for our needs but that worked for our benefit. The customer service we received was also top notch and they made every effort to make sure our move went great. Roadway Movers helped us move to New Orleans from Tennessee and if I ever need another long distance move I’ll definitely call them first.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Roadway will show up at your door and low-ball you, so you either can only ship half the stuff you need shipped or pay what they say you need to pay (our estimate was $2900, we were asked to pay at the door $8500). The personal rep wouldn't return a call or email. This company is a scam.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Just relocated the family and our move went spectacularly. The movers got everything into our new home right in our time window and were very professional. Just wanted to thank everyone at Roadway Movers for handling their business as promised. Our last moving company had extra fees and later charges which we were afraid of but Roadway Movers did nothing of the sort. This company definitely went the extra mile for us.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Roadway Movers made my moving experience surreal. The three movers who helped me were very polite and did all they could to move my stuff without scratching the walls or floors. They arrived on time at my new home and went straight to work. I took it upon myself to give them a little extra for their time because of how well they worked. I recommend Roadway Movers and their staff to all my friends.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We chose Roadway Movers after reading some of the other companies reviews and see that the services were similar to Roadway Movers. What set Roadway Movers apart was the level of detail our moving coordinator went into while discussing our move - along with the price which was too good to pass up. Our move went great and I have nothing but positive things to say about Roadway Movers.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Roadway Movers was incredible for my move. They dealt with all my possessions with care and turned out to be great at wrapping all my antiques. The movers were great and worked nonstop throughout the day. After packing up we hit the road for Northern California and our movers arrived right in the latter end of their time window. Moving in was easy and done in a shorter time due to no stairs in my new home.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I would recommend Roadway Movers to everyone I know. They took care of all of my family’s boxes and furniture. Every mover was very professional and the customer service I received from the company’s end was superb. Overall a great experience for moving long distance for my family and I. We will use Roadway Movers again if we have to move this far again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Everything went well right from the jump. I can be very extreme when it comes to the safety and handling of my stuff and Roadway Movers made sure to take care of me every step of the way. All the people I interacted with were professional and extremely nice. Thankful that all my belongings arrived in pristine shape and would not hesitate to recommend Roadway Movers to anyone going forward.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We had a great experience with Roadway Movers and they moved our entire home from Georgia to Oklahoma. They were on time and had all our boxes and furniture in the truck in just a few hours. After the truck left, we flew to our destination in Oklahoma and waited for the movers to arrive. They arrived an hour after expected, but seemed to make up for the time with some hasty moving. Very pleased with their work.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Everyone I spoke to at Roadway movers was great and easy to talk to on the phone. They informed me about how much my move would cost and the moving coordinator set up our packing up and drop off dates. They worked well for me and I secured my move from Philadelphia. Roadway Movers had excellent service and made sure my move all went according to plan.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was doing research for a moving company in North America and Roadway Movers was at the top of my list. They were very responsive to my inquiries and had a reasonable price. The nice representative from the company said they would pick up the boxes/furniture when we were finished boxing everything up which was perfect. The truck arrived at our new home right on schedule and all of our items were whole and accounted for.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Roadway Movers actually reached out to me before any of the other companies that I checked out. Their price also happened to be a bit better than the others so that was a factor in me choosing them as well. We packed up quickly and the truck was on the road inside of a few hours. Truck arrived on time at my new apartment and the movers had everything up very smoothly. Professional and quick work.

Roadway Movers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With over a decade in customer experience, Roadway Movers is a commercial and residential moving company based in South Florida. Roadway is committed to keeping moving simple and direct, offering their services at competitive rates. Roadway Movers is a federally licensed moving broker.

• Licensed broker: Roadway Movers finds high-quality carriers for you. Using a network of trusted movers, Roadway assesses your needs and provides you with the best match.

• One month of free storage: Should you need to store your items during your move, Roadway offers up to a month of complimentary storage. Additional time will require a fee.

• Packing materials: Roadway’s standard full service move includes packing materials like bubble wrap, boxes, white paper and more. Roadway also offers cardboard crating for items too big to put in a box. Unpacking services after the move is also available for an additional fee.

• Corporate or residential services: Roadway Movers offers services for both residential and commercial moves. Contact them for your unique quote.

• Moving checklist: Roadway Motors has an online moving checklist. You can use this helpful resource to make sure you’ve done all you need to do to prepare for a move.

• Best for: people who want moving broker services for a residential or commercial move.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs