3.67/5
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Roadway Movers is a residential and corporate long distance moving company. Our team is fully certified and ready to assist you during your move. Our services include loading and unloading of items, furniture placement in designated rooms, disassembly and reassembly of items, packing materials and more. When you select Roadway Movers as your moving company, you can rest assured that your belongings will be carefully delivered to your final destination. Visit our website or call us today to learn more or to obtain a free quote!

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 4, 2018

19 Roadway Movers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 4, 2018

There is a difference between Roadway Movers and Roadway MOVING. The Florida company (movers) will sweet talk you and make lots of promises and then sell your move to the lowest bidder and never return your call again. They are a broker, not a moving company. Roadway Moving in NYC is the one with the great reviews. Super great owner of the NYC Roadway. When he heard of my nightmare with The Florida company he came to my rescue and got the company who had my stuff to get it delivered. If the Florida company was your mover and you had trouble go to DOT.gov and file a complaint. Don’t let this Florida broker damage the good name of Roadway Moving in New York.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have a small job (20 medium to small boxes) from IL to CA, need 4 months of storage in between. The sales person give me a total price and said storage was included. I signed a contract online and paid the reservation which is 1/3 of the price. Then when the mover come. First, they turn out to be a different company, which is a subcontractor. Second, they bring up a new contract that says storage is not included and they charge 300$ per month for my little pile of things. And if I do not accept the new contract I will lose my 500$ deposit. If I do accept this price, I will either pay then 900$ extra storage fee, or let them ship immediately and go to California to find an storage myself and figure out how to take the thing to my eventual home. Best part is when I try to call the sales person from, he doesn't answer and the reception can't find him. The worst thing ever. Never hire them.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Unfortunately our experience with Logan, a sales representative for Roadway, was very deceptive. First they broker their business. He said they own their fleet of trucks. Secondly his bid was low even though we had an accurate description of the boxes we had already packed and a few loose items. The difference was $674 off when MoveOn Movers came and itemized our bill. MoveOn Movers did an excellent job and I would contact them directly. Our original pickup date turned out to be four days after the original date. Of course we were told one of their trucks broke down. Prior to our commitment to Logan and Roadway Movers he always responded to our questions and concerns. After our payment of $650 Logan did not return numerous phone call and one email. Communicating with their customer service department, after being on hold forever, did absolutely nothing. We were promised a call back after our verbal complaint and received nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I can confirm that the same thing happened to me that happened to Mark **. I was moving from Chicago to LA and given a quote of $1,550. They told me the moving company would be there on Monday when my wire transfer deposit went through...instead the movers showed up Tuesday when they already had my money.

I had told Logan I had moved these things multiple times in the past and needed approximately 600 cubic ft. The electronic agreement I signed had disappeared after signing and was not emailed to me as a confirmation, so if you do use this company (which I wouldn't recommend) print the agreement before signing it. I believe mine was altered after signing, but had no proof since I trusted the agreement to be emailed to me after signing. When the movers showed up, they wanted the $1,550 FOR ONLY 280 cubic ft PLUS $6 per additional cubic foot. The contract I made them send me (after waiting an hour for them to get back to me with movers in my driveway) had quoted $4 base rate for the 260 cubic feet and that is all. My move ended up being double the cost and I was stuck between a rock and a hard place due to limited funds having just got out of graduate school and them withholding my deposit even though I was entirely deceived.

Logan ** is a crook. We exchanged multiple emails, calls, and texts to coordinate this move and when the movers showed up for double the price, he would not answer his phone at all and texted me that it wasn't his problem and was a matter for operations to deal with. DO NOT use this company, especially if Logan is involved. I am surprised he still even has a job there. What he did is extremely unprofessional and he will negatively impact your livelihood to benefit his own. If I could give negative stars I would.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I chose Roadway because they had great reviews and the young man that I spoke with on the phone was very pleasant and the quote was very reasonable. He assured me that there would be no surprises and he would be with me every step of the way. On the day of the move 3 guys showed up about 1:30 pm. They never showed me any paperwork. Later the driver said it wasn't all going to fit and would have to come back tomorrow with another truck. They filled the truck and then left. The next day they brought another truck and 2 different guys around 2 pm. After loaded the rest of my stuff we headed over to my mom's apt to load her stuff. They finally finished around 9 pm. Imagine my surprise when I was presented with a bill for $10,000 over the quoted price! When I tried to talk to Roadway they assured me they would see what they could do.

Never heard back so called again and was told by someone else that it was between me and the moving company that picked up my stuff. So I wasn't told that someone else, not Roadway, would be handling my move. The next day the drivers held my stuff hostage 'til I could pay cash or money order for the full amt. I had to borrow money because we hadn't planned on the move being that much. They arrived around 2 pm and didn't leave 'til almost 10 pm. It was a nightmare! I felt like I was in an alternate reality or something because Roadway had gotten such great reviews! So instead of being happy and excited to be moving to a new town I was nervous and upset! I never heard from Roadway again! The moving company they came to actually move me from Illinois to South Carolina was called Moving Express and Storage and they got horrible reviews but I didn't know about that until it was too late! I definitely would not recommend either company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roadway Movers?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We moved from New York City to Fairfield, OH & it was the best move we had. We have moved 4 times & each move had its problems except for this move. The same men packed & loaded the household in New York City plus moved it from the truck into our home in Fairfield. In our previous moves the only person that was the same was the truck driver. The Roadway Movers personnel were all friendly plus I feel that their packing was superior to any of the previous moves. They just didn't use 1 or 2 sheets of packing paper but in some cases 4 or 5. This was a plus as nothing was broken when we unpacked. All in all you can't make a mistake using Roadway Movers for any move.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was moving from NYC to Florida. I decided to go with Roadway because of their excellent reviews on this website and based on Logan **, the moving coordinator, assurances that he would be available for the entirety of the move and we would be able to contact him on his personal cell phone throughout the move. I specifically asked Logan whether this move was farmed out to another moving company and he lied and said it was not. He said that Roadway has the best movers, that they were highly compensated and we wouldn't even have to tip them. He also assured me that we would have insurance coverage up to $25,000 included in the move and not just the standard $0.60 per pound.

In addition, he advised that the price of the move was based on INVENTORY, not weight or space. Due to these assurances and his attention in the preparation of the move I chose to go with Roadway. Based on the above I sent Roadway Movers the downpayment on January 29, 2018 by ACH. They would not accept a credit card.

After the downpayment Logan advised me that operations would call within 1-2 days of the move. Operations never called me. I had to make several calls to contact them and follow up when they failed to return my calls. When I called operations, they told me they needed to contact dispatch. I later found out that dispatch was another moving company. Logan stopped taking my phone calls and never returned any of the over twenty calls I made after he got my money.

On moving day, January 31, 2018, two gentlemen showed up working for a company referred to as INTEGRATED MOVING, NOT ROADWAY. They informed me that they had nothing to do with Roadway and that Roadway was in fact a BROKER, despite Logan's assurances that this work was not farmed out and that the movers were Roadway employees.

When I attempted to speak with Logan, he was completely unavailable despite his assurances that he would be available every step of the way. I also attempted to contact the Roadway operations department and was directed to voicemail accounts. In addition, after the movers loaded all of our furniture and items onto the truck, the Integrated Movers charged us a REVISED QUOTE based on a PRICE PER CUBIC FEET, NOT INVENTORY. The Integrated Movers also showed us their copy of the quote from Roadway. Their copy indicated that the move would be priced at a price per cubic feet. However, the quote that I received from Roadway had a blank line item and did not indicate that the move was charged based on cubic footage. This is the definition of fraud.

I attempted again to contact Logan and operations to clarify the price, but they were not available. The Integrated Movers indicated that our agreement with ROADWAY WAS IRRELEVANT because they were Integrated and not Roadway and that we needed to contact Roadway. Again, we attempted to contact both Logan and Roadway Operations and neither were available.

At this point, the Integrated Movers had possession of our items and we had no choice other than to pay them the price they desired or risk losing all of our items. Had Logan told me that the price would be based on cubic feet (not inventory) I would have packed the move differently and taken measures to reduce the cubic feet of the move. This would have cut down on the cubic feet used in the move and accordingly the price of the move. In addition, when I reviewed the documents from Integrated looking for the insurance Roadway indicated we would have, Integrated only provided insurance of $0.60 per pound. I do not know if Roadway will honor its assurance of the larger insurance coverage. I highly doubt it.

Relying on the information that Roadway provided the additional insurance, I did not purchase any additional insurance prior to the move and was extremely concerned because I was afraid that my items were not adequately insured and I had no idea regarding the reliability of the Integrated Movers. Had I known that I would be dealing with Integrated Movers I would have done my diligence on Integrated Movers to decide whether I wanted to use that company to entrust with my items and would not have wasted money paying Roadway over $1,000 for fraud.

Once the Integrated Movers had our items, I did not hear from them or from Roadway regarding any delivery times. When I called Roadway Operations a few days later they told me that they needed to call dispatch, code word for Integrated. I starting dealing with Integrated directly as Roadway did nothing to help.

I did not receive any phone calls or communication from Integrated or Roadway after Integrated picked up my items.

On February 6, 2018, I called Integrated to confirm the delivery date and spoke with Marlene in dispatch. On February 6th, 2018, Marlene advised that the movers would be loading our items on the truck on February 7th, 2018 and that the driver would call with an update. Again, I did not receive any phone calls or communication from Integrated or Roadway.

On February 12, 2018, I called Integrated to follow up on the delivery date. Ronnie told me that my items were in STORAGE and were not on their way. I asked why I did not receive a phone call and Ronnie said they have only 3000 moves and do not call anyone. Ronnie also informed me that they did not have a delivery address for my items. This was surprising since my delivery address was clearly on the copy of the quote Roadway sent to Integrated and to me.

On February 12, 2018, Ronnie also informed me that he sent me an email way back on February 5, 2018 requesting a delivery address. I never got this email. When I spoke to Marlene on February 6, 2018, she did not mention anything about needing a delivery address. On February 12, 2018, I had to fill out another form for Integrated, again detailing the delivery information. I had spent weeks going over the pickup and delivery information with Roadway. Again, Ronnie said that Integrated had no record. I filled out the additional form that Integrated needed and am now waiting for Integrated to schedule a delivery date. I was told to call back tomorrow February 13, 2018.

Beware - Roadway is a broker and they lie and say they are the movers, that they don't farm things out to third parties, subcontractors, etc. THEY ARE NOT A MOVING COMPANY AND THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL IN ANY WAY. They believe they are helpful because they "help" if anything goes wrong with Integrated, but I have not received any help from Roadway. I have had to deal with Integrated directly and go through the entire moving process with them again.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Wow. What a great moving experience with these guys. I had a very difficult time with the last moving company I used. This crew took their time to pack things nicely into the truck. The delivery also went very smooth. The only thing I would suggest is getting wardrobe boxes since my clothes arrived very wrinkled in the regular moving boxes. They definitely deserve 5 stars.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We had lived in this home for over 20 years and needless to say my wife was very nervous about leaving our home. The agent who made our reservation was very knowledgeable. He was quick to help us with some tips on packing that saved us money. We probably would’ve had the movers do the packing but we decided to do it ourselves. As promised we got a call a day prior to our pick up date. The 4 men crew worked hard in this summer heat. We are now waiting for the delivery. Good job guys!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Beware of these guys. They just scammed me for $1300! Despite their insistence that they're a moving company, you won't find trucks on the road with their logo. They sit in an office in FL and broker deals. I went over the specifics of my household goods several times. The broker called Logan proceeded to low-ball the figures so the estimate came in low. I had everything packed in a 10' x 15' x 7' storage unit. He proceeded to put down the volume as 450 cubic feet rather than 1050 cu. ft. I told him there were 70 boxes. He noted 50. The day of the move, the "quote" doubled.

He lied that they are a moving company. He lied about the quote. He lied that they had worked with the real movers, US Movers Inc. The only thing he said that was true is that he was going to take care of me. That promise he kept along with my $1300, which they wouldn't accept by credit card... The final insult was when he, the operations manager and the supervisor blamed this on me! Beware!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

A good friend recommended this company. I very much dislike moving due to all the lifting and driving that is involved. I was very happy with the service I received from them. The morning of the move they arrived on time and immediately got to work after doing a walk through of my home. Nothing was damaged in the loading and unloading of my items and even though I wanted delivery the next day, they could not accommodate that but were able to deliver within 3 days. Great company to work with every step of the way.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I had to move out of state due to a tough divorce and Roadway really made adjusting to my new life a little easier. They took care of all of the hard labor, such as boxing my things and wrapping my large pieces of furniture. I am very thankful because they did not take advantage of a situation like mine even after I mentioned it accidentally. Instead, they reassured me that the move would go smoothly and if I was not satisfied, I would be protected with liability insurance if anything were to happen. I was also offered free storage if I needed it, which came in handy since I downsized. I did not need the liability insurance because nothing went wrong! It all went as planned. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing moving company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I am a single mom of two and have an absolute fear of moving, especially when it's state-to-state, due to past experiences with unprofessional movers. This time around, I made sure to do my research and spent quite a while looking for a reliable, yet affordable, company. I wanted to make sure that our things were taken care of since my eldest child has Autism and is very particular about his things. I could not afford to deal with any lost or damaged items. I came across of few companies, but what sealed the deal was a recommendation from a friend. She told me that her move went perfectly with Roadway. Thank goodness that I went ahead and trusted in her; the move went so well! I do not have one complaint about it. They made sure to load, unload, and assemble every item carefully. No items were missing or damaged. I can say that I am no longer scared of moving.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I had never had any interaction with a long distance moving company until my employer decided to relocate me to Texas from Fountain Valley, California. They asked me to get 3 quotes and we chose this outfit after 3 days of researching online. I picked this company due to the high level of professionalism over the phone. Nothing is more stressful than moving cross country but they made it real smooth for my family. I will recommend to coworkers and family.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My mom is elderly and needed help moving her things from Florida to Chicago to be closer to family. She was not able to do any of the packing or labor herself and is wasn't feasible for us to fly all the way there just to prepare for the move so we were left with only 1 choice which was to hire a mover. We made sure to find one that we could count on to take care of my mom and do everything for her that she could not do for herself. That's precisely what Roadway did.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I moved my furniture and boxes to Atlanta last December. Roadway handled all of it. They handled packing and storage. I needed my items stored until I found a new home here and they made it easy. As soon as the closing was completed, I called Roadway and they delivered my furniture within 7 days. Everything was as expected.

Roadway Movers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With over a decade in customer experience, Roadway Movers is a commercial and residential moving company based in South Florida. Roadway is committed to keeping moving simple and direct, offering their services at competitive rates. Roadway Movers is a federally licensed moving broker.

• Licensed broker: Roadway Movers finds high-quality carriers for you. Using a network of trusted movers, Roadway assesses your needs and provides you with the best match.

• One month of free storage: Should you need to store your items during your move, Roadway offers up to a month of complimentary storage. Additional time will require a fee.

• Packing materials: Roadway’s standard full service move includes packing materials like bubble wrap, boxes, white paper and more. Roadway also offers cardboard crating for items too big to put in a box. Unpacking services after the move is also available for an additional fee.

• Corporate or residential services: Roadway Movers offers services for both residential and commercial moves. Contact them for your unique quote.

• Moving checklist: Roadway Motors has an online moving checklist. You can use this helpful resource to make sure you’ve done all you need to do to prepare for a move.

• Best for: people who want moving broker services for a residential or commercial move.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs