1.42/5
  • 1 star
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

389 Rival Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 12, 2014

12 cup coffee pot is HORRIBLE. I received this as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend who didn't like my 15 year old Sunbeam coffee pot. The box said it had a wide spout for easy pouring. Well... I guess if you want to continually pour hot coffee all over the counter and floor that would be accurate. This includes the rude awakening of hot coffee falling onto your bare feet in the morning when going to pour a cup and forget to get the pot over the sink. It does not have a wide spout and every single time you try to pour no matter how fast or slow... coffee goes everywhere. Wish he had kept the receipt because I hate this thing. He gave me the matching microwave and toaster oven too and now it's June and they are still in their boxes in the closet as I'm pretty sure I won't like them either.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2014

This is Rival Crockpot Model # md-TH700P stopped working on the low setting and is a little than over a year old. I have bought other Rival Crockpots and they all die! But will never buy one again! And never from Walmart!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2013

I purchased a Rival Coffee Maker last month. Today, the warmer stopped working. The switch shows that the unit is on, but my coffee is cold. I bought it because the other Rival kitchen appliance I have are very reliable, but I won't buy any more. Rival just flunked my kitchen test.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2013

I have bought 2 of these coffee makers in the last 3 months. The first coffee maker the on/off switch fell apart after about 2 months. So I thought it was just a fluke and went and bought another one. The new one I have had probably 3 weeks. My son went to make a pot of coffee and when he turned it on, it electrocuted him and there was a large flame/flash that came out of the on/off switch. I am very upset with this product. If I would have had a dishtowel next to the coffee maker it for sure would have started a fire. I will never buy a Rival Coffee Maker again. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2013

I called Rival, told them my story and they told me that Walmart Rival shouldn't have a problem. Well needless to say, Not only did I call but the man on the other end was rude. I felt as if I was bothering him. I hung up and tried to talk to a supervisor and the woman said she would take the info and pass it along. Well after giving her all the info again, she said she couldn't help me due to it's out of warranty. If I can't read the numbers and I really tried to tell her the number. She said no and that there's nothing they could do. So I thanked her and asked for supervisor again.

Well I got a runaround and I told her that this is disposable after 1 yr. hardly used crock-pot. So when buying Walmart Rival or anything, the main co. can't and won't help you. This is due to Rival makes things for exclusively for Walmart. I'll continue to bad mouth this to anyone on Facebook and so on. I'll never stop until my answer as to why is answered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rival Products?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2013

I bought a mixer multi-speed. It turns on and off on its own. I was cleaning excess cake batter off and it turned on by itself. It's made poorly and is unsafe. It almost took my finger off. My expensive clothes I had on got pink batter all over me and my house, and I'm not happy. I would like a reimbursement for my troubles.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2013

I have an electric Rival skillet (fry pan), the very large one. I've had it for a couple of years and I love it. On Sunday, when I was using it, all of a sudden the lid exploded into a million piece - the biggest the size of a pea to small pieces like little pieces of sand or salt. I am now without a lid for my skillet (fry pan) and would like to replace it. I would also like to know if anyone else has had this happen.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2012

Crock pot - If I want to burn things, I can do it on the stove. It gets way too hot. I thought it was supposed to simmer. I'm not impressed. That was for 3 hours.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2012

I purchased a Rival 2-slice toaster 2 days ago as well and to my dismay, there was no crumb tray. The box advertises a crumb tray to make cleaning easier, but it was not included with the toaster. The box had not been tampered with or opened before purchase and it was purchased brand new from Wal-Mart.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2012

I purchased a brand new Mini 1.5 cup Food Chopper 2 days ago. Everything was okay until I plugged it in. The button that causes the blades to rotate did not work. Nothing happened when I pressed the button. I checked to make sure everything was hooked up correctly and made sure that it was plugged, but it still did not work.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2012

I purchased a Rival Juice Blender 3 months ago at Walmart in NJ. I moved to ND. I did not save the receipt or the box. I should have brought my Osterizer blender that was 23 years old - glass and no plastic spinning parts - the screws went on the floor that held the spinning part onto the base. I would like my money back or a better made blender if they won't mail a refund because I don't have the box or the receipt.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2012

I purchased the Rival Pause 'n Serve Coffee Maker on August 1, 2012 from a local Walmart. I brought it home, plugged it in and made a great pot of coffee. I used it every day to make 1-3 pots per day. Now it is August 5, 2012 and the coffee pot stopped working. The warmer does not get hot and the coffee pot does not make coffee. Seriously, who has ever thought a coffee pot would stop working within a week of use? Well, I threw away the box and receipt. I am going to try and take it back in the morning. Hopefully, the Walmart associate that helps me will understand and let me exchange it. If not, I will wait until Wednesday when I have some more money and will buy a different brand of coffee pot. I would not suggest anyone buy these coffee makers.

Original review: July 13, 2012

We purchased the skillet (electric) new in January to be used in our travel trailer. We left on a two month trip on May 15. The first day we pull out the new skillet to discover no matter where you set the temp, it was blazing hot. The only options we had was on for a second turn it off before burning the food, turn it back for a second and off again. After two different days of trying to prepare food in this manner, we gave up and used a grill the rest of the trip. The skillet is worthless and never been used. We have had Rival products before and received acceptable service. The skillet is a loser. We purchased it months ago and of course we don't have a sales slip. Our loss and our lesson learned.

Original review: July 7, 2012

I'm angry and dissatisfied! I actually bought two (Rival ice cream maker) - 1 for me (6 qt) and 1 for gift (4 qt) - virtually the same machine except the height and $2 price difference. Mine jammed many times before I took it back. Yes, I followed directions - crushed ice and Rival's very own rock salt. My gift maker did the same and I had to return it after I looked like an idiot for purchasing it and not doing research. Had I, I would have seen 90% of the reviews were negative. How can a company design, test and still produce and sell a piece of garbage like that?

Original review: June 22, 2012

I bought one of their large oven crock pots with electronic controls. After loading a $20.00 beef roast, along with another $10.00 or more in vegetables, the piece of junk sat all night without heating, even though the controls were set properly and the screen on the control said it was cooking. The entire meal was trash after setting out all night and had to be discarded. The only satisfaction I got out of it was the nice crash it made in the garbage can when I slam dunked it in there. I think it was only the second or third time we had ever used it. I don't expect the company will do anything about this. You can't even find a number for them to complain about anything. I will never buy another product with their name on it.

Original review: June 8, 2012

About two years ago, I bought a crockpot from a local retailer. After the warranty was up, the stoneware insert developed cracks and finally broke. I ordered another one from Jarden Inc. on Aug. 23, 2011. Today, after removing the insert, I noticed leakage in the base and after examining the insert, I found a crack. I tried to contact Jarden by email using the info from the previous purchase four times, with no success. I then called the customer service number and was disconnected twice. I use the crockpot often and take very good care of it according to the directions. It performed great except for this. I hope they read this because I won't buy another one.

Original review: June 6, 2012

I bought this mini crockpot from Walmart and was dismayed to see a hairline crack on the side of it. I didn't think to inspect it prior to keeping the box or receipt, just unpacked it without a close inspection and put it in the cupboard. I took it out to use it and saw the problem. I started doing a bit of research on the internet and was alarmed to see the number of complaints regarding Rival products. Since I don't have the box or receipt anymore, I am not going to even try to return it. Based on the number of Rival products exploding, I'm not going to bother to try and get a replacement either. I agree with one reviewer, let's stop having China make our products and bring manufacturing back home!

Original review: April 28, 2012

Injured by Rival coffeemaker - My wife and I are visiting my parents. The first day we were here, my stepfather made coffee early in the morning. The aroma woke me. I figured, "I'd go have a mug of coffee." When I removed the pot from the hot plate, the filter holder fell, upside down, right onto my hand. It hurts so bad. This happened six days ago on 04/21/2012 and it still hurt. I soaked it in milk, used fresh aloe and Amish suave. Sure, the burning is gone but the pain, deep in my hand has me hunt and peck typing. I think I need medical attention. The vein under the burn is gone. My mom said she got burned the same way so she holds the filter in as to remove the coffee pot. It hurts bad.

Original review: April 27, 2012

I have a Rival Crock-Pot (model 37601) and the plastic handle on the glass lid just fell right off! It was hot and fell on my foot! I have read online of numerous people having the same issue and even after replacing theirs, they break off again. I would like to see a recall or something done before someone gets more seriously hurt than I did!

Original review: April 25, 2012

I bought a Rival hand mixer at Wal-Mart in Piqua,Ohio and had to take it back the same day because it started smoking. They replaced it with another Rival mixer that I have had for three months. Now, the beaters keep clicking together. To me, this item is a piece of junk. Very angry.

Original review: April 23, 2012

Rival cheap coffee pots are dangerous. They do not turn off automatically. The base was very, very hot. I thought this was a requirement for all pots to shut off. I am visiting and my daughter said it was too risky to use, plus it does not make a very hot cup. Unless you of course leave it on the base forever. I'm too scared to try that.

Original review: April 22, 2012

I purchased their 11-inch Electric Skillet a year ago. It was supposed to be Teflon coated. Boy was I wrong. After 6 months of use, the skillet started to peel and food was sticking. I contacted Rival about the problem and I was told that there is a 1-year warranty and regardless on when I purchased it, the warranty was up. I will never purchase another Rival product again.

Original review: March 19, 2012

My mother bought me a Rival Crockpot (Model# SCV603) in May 2008 as a wedding present. It sat in the box for a year, before we bought our own house. I probably used it once a year until this past year. I recently got into the CrockinGirls website and started using it about once a week. I absolutely loved it. Until one day recently, my husband and I noticed it is cracked all the way across the bottom, and you can see where it's starting to crack up the sides.

I can no longer use it. I'm afraid of it breaking while I'm at work and coming home to a freaking mess. Not doing that. I am very disappointed in this product. My mother loves her Rival Crockpot and has never had a problem. I want to buy a one. I miss using it once a week but can't afford a new one right now. Most likely, I will not buy a Rival unless convinced otherwise. Everyone I've shown this to can't believe it. I've never heard a bad word about Rival until my own experience. Not a happy camper.

Original review: March 11, 2012

Crock-Pot Stoneware Slow Cooker - I plugged in the pot and immediately it blew up! It’s a major electrical/fire hazard! Major electrical sparks from the wire connecting to the pot, which immediately severed the cord, leaving it blackened and appears as though cut. These electrical sparks left small burns on my countertop! I would like to forward a picture of the cord and countertop to you. Please advise. Extreme hazard, if I had left the pot alone as it was designed for, my house could have burnt down from this fire hazard! I’m not impressed whatsoever and have lost my faith in Rival products.

Original review: March 2, 2012

I have an oval Rival crock pot. The screw housing that holds the screw to keep the handle on the cover basically just disintegrated. I can't return it as I have had it about one year but I can't find a number to call Rival to even request replacement. The crock pot works but I can't use it if I cannot lift the cover off.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2012

I recently purchased a Rival Electric Food Grinder Model #2275WN. When I started to assemble the grinder for the first time today, the ring collar was broken. Please send a replacement for this item because this was a new, unused product. I look forward to receiving this part soon. Thank you for you assistance in this matter.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

I've had my can opener about four weeks now and opened some kind of can everyday but the can opener does not open my cans. I've had to finish opening my cans by hand. The can opener is very slow about halfway around the can then it just stops and I have to finish by hand.

I have a disability with my one hand so this can be very frustrating. I bought the opener hoping to avoid having to open the cans by hand!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

I started using the device to make mashed potatoes, and it started making weird noises, and then the beaters stopped working. It ruined half a bag of potatoes, and my company complained about the lumpy mashed potatoes. I have never been so embarrassed in my life! I will never purchase another Rival product, and will let everyone know how much they suck **! Rival owes me money, a bag of potatoes, and at least $1,000.00 for the mental suffering, because of the embarrassment they caused me. Some of my dinner guests will never come back! Rival sucks!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2012

I have a tea kettle I’ve had about a year now, but it won’t heat if the kettle is anything but full. When it's half full I have to press on it to make it work. Could you please explain why this is happening? I like it very much because I don't drink coffee. I drink tea. So I’m looking forward to your explanation.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2012

I bought a griddle by rival from Wal-Mart and the very first time I used it, the pancakes stuck like glue and the drip tray fell out and shattered on a linoleum floor. Neither Rival nor Wal-Mart will trade it or replace it. They won’t even give me a place to go buy a replacement part.

Rival Products Company Information