Rival Products

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very disappointed with my Crock-Pot as it was a replacement from the company after the original one was recalled and used it Thursday and the crock cracked and leaked the juices out onto the counter down the cupboard and the floor, what a mess. Don't know what happened as I have used my original 4 gal Crock-Pot for over 35 years with no issues??? Looking at a different brand any recommendations?

I notice the microwave was sparking fire when I tried to use it. I thought maybe someone had spilled something in it however, that was not the case. Then I notice the microwave looking dirty when it was not dirty at all. It was the surface burning and peeling away. How safe is that? Rival this can be hazardous to someone's health or cause a fire. Rival needs to invest in better materials for its products.

I purchased this coffee pot from Wal-Mart yesterday. I opened the box this morning and set it up to brew coffee. All it did was boil the water to the point it started to spew out the sides, but never reached the coffee grounds. I tried several times with the same result. Seriously? It didn't even work the first try! VERY irritated!

My microwave is less than four years old. The paint, inside, under the dish, had begun to peel for some time now. I've just recently noticed that it is becoming worse, paint cracking on one side. This is model # EM72OCWA, purchased here at my local Walmart. It is to the point now that I'm not sure if it's safe for me to eat anything from it.

I've had a Rival Crock-Pot for a few years now. Two weeks ago I made soup in this pot. My husband lifted up the ceramic base to check it because it was leaking out the bottom. When he lifted it, the entire bottom cracked and fell out. Our puppy was in the kitchen and the entire contents fell onto him, scalding him horribly. Two weeks later, he's recovering. We've spent a lot of money on vet bills. He's sedated 24 hours a day and on constant pain meds. His entire back is blistered. This Crock-Pot cracked for no reason and I'm finding as I read other complaints that this has been an ongoing issue with these pots. Anyone know what one can do about this?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rival Products?

I bought this coffee maker about 4 weeks ago and that's about how long it lasts. It's a cheap price at Walmart, but it's also cheaply made and very soon won't deliver the hot water through to the coffee grounds. The water just sits in the water well and won't go anywhere. Waste of money.

Slow Cooker Model #38601 - I have had this product for a number of years and when using it last week one of the plastic handles broke in half, one part came completely off and the other part is hanging on by a screw. I noticed there had been a recall previously, but my model # isn't included. The company may assume they fixed the problem in the past, but I can assure them it still exists. Fortunately I wasn't burned, but the cooker really can't be used because it's no longer safe. I would love to get a replacement.

My coffee pot does not close properly at the top plastic part. The steam spits out and as a result my hand was badly burnt. It's a rival coffee maker.. the cheap brand.. bought at Walmart. I bought the cheaper model because I did not use it much as I have a Tassimo. I am not impressed at the scars, blisters and the pain I am going through. Something should be done so no one else gets burnt.

I have been so happy with my Crockpot for the last year. Trying new meals and mastering ones we have enjoyed over the years. Well, I was cooking ribs on a bed of onions with some broth and POW the ceramic pot cracked in half. It is a slow cooker right? Guess it slowly cooked itself to death!! So disappointing!! Will think twice before getting again. Thinking pressure cooker.

In 2005 while waiting for a delivery of a new electric stove I decided to purchase a Rival table stove model BD275. I used it no more than twice and put it back in the box. On 6/15/15, I decided to use it and one of the knobs burned off. I called the company and was informed that Rival did not have replacement knobs but if I would buy another stove they would give me a discount which I refused. I am stuck with a new table stove, but no knob. I read all of the reviews on Rival Products and was wondering how this company stays in business. In all fairness, customer service was polite and courteous, but never again will I buy another Rival product.

A little over a year ago I bought rival coffee maker white at Walmart. It worked fine till this morning, when I went to turn it on, it shot a blue spark from the button and shocked me. The thing is toast. I will never buy that brand again, it's dangerous. They need to recall the price of crap!!!!

I bought a Rival coffee maker from Walmart because of price being on a budget and it worked fine until the one day when you really need coffee and it stopped working. I did call customer service, told me to take them back to Walmart and maybe they will take them back. She even hung up the phone. I think there is a major problem with companies dealing with Walmart with stuff that does not work. Lesson learned - do not buy Rival from Walmart.

Lid handle came off and was glued on. Called Rival and replaced the lid and delivered about 3 weeks later. Sent wrong lid, called and was told to call back in two weeks to reorder. Called and still not in and call in about a couple more weeks. The company does not order lids till they have 5 complaints and then they reorder lid. This means I have been waiting over two months and still cannot use my product. My crockpot is not old and works well but no lid handle or replacement. Can you help.

I have had several crock pots throughout the years, and they were wonderful, especially for durability, ease of use and cleaning. Unfortunately, this has not been the case with the new crock pot I purchased in September. This new crock pot began to discolor on the inside with a whitish film that is not smooth to the touch. It feels as if the enamel has worn off the inside of the crock pot. And the outside where one programs the time, etc. is peeling. My use of the crock pot is limited to pork loins, roasted chickens, and the occasional fresh soup. I live alone, so there is no heavy "wear and tear" on this item. I cannot express the depth of my disappointment in this product. If it had not been so expensive, I would have trashed it several months ago. Is there anything you can do to replace this unit for me? It was purchased at Macy's in New Hartford, NY.

I bought a Rival toaster from Walmart. Started a fire in my kitchen. I am reporting you to the BBB, and have shared pictures on Facebook. Your products are dangerous, and I will go to every level to have them removed from shelves.

I am so excited, I bought a Rival waffle maker today. I still have some experimenting to do, but, I made waffles tonight. My daughter can put them in her toaster oven tomorrow for a reheat. My grand kids will be happy too! I had to contact Rival 2 years ago about a crock pot. I had the most wonderful customer service experience. I decided as appliances break, I will buy the Rival way. I am 66 years old. I am delighted with my purchase. I looked online after I bought at Walmart and found cheaper to have bought online, but, who cares? I am happy to have this waffle maker.

It's only been 2 weeks since I bought this coffee maker. It's a rival 12 cup white coffee maker. Damn thing won't heat up or make coffee, it has never happened before.. Granted it starts slow but I like my coffee in the morning... Not getting anymore rival coffee makers. I never had any problems with other types. I'm very disappointed. :(

I purchased it a month ago. I know it's a ten dollar coffee maker but it shouldn't quit working after about six pots of coffee. I don't have my receipt so I doubt I will get a refund or exchange.

Rival 11-inch Skillet Meltdown! Beware... This product caused a fire in my kitchen. Element melted and sparks flew. Luckily I was right there to disconnect and toss out the back door. Now I'm looking to replace kitchen counter top. :( Product only two months old.

I have a Rival Crock Pot from December of 1970. This appliance has traveled the country over the years and has performed perfectly. It is olive green in color. I have used it continually over the last 44 yrs. This morning I took it out to begin preparations for stew, and noticed a big crack in the plastic up the side. I am so sad, as I realize that I can never use the crock pot again. I went looking for a site where I could write a review of how wonderful this crock pot was and lo and behold, I run across one that has nothing but complaints about rival products. Now I don't know what to do, whether to look for another manufacturer or continue with Rival. I am quite sure of one thing, and that is that they don't make these appliances like they used to. Mine has a stone insert and a plastic lid. Even the plastic lid has never even had a crack. Amazing. Rival should learn something about the old construction of these appliances. Guess I need to give it some thought about what brand to go for this time.

Purchased microwave, 6 mos later enamel peeled from inside. To get replaced I'm to send cord and glass dish from inside as well as a check for 20 for shipping. That's almost as much that I paid for the item. I should get replaced for free. Will NNNNEVER buy a Rival product again.

I have owned this crock pot since approximately 2012 and have used it only a few times... Much less than the one that it replaced... The reason that I do not use it is because whatever I put into it, it BURNS... We had company over for homemade spaghetti dinner (sauce too). The sauce tasted like barbecue sauce... and it was black. Not a good evening. I recently dug it out again and threw some soup into it. It is hard to believe that it burned that too. This great looking item is now in the trash pile with the cord cut, so that some unsuspecting person will not decide to try it. Really disappointing, I have an older crock pot also with the stone inset and it still works like a charm... I thought I would try this new one with all the bells and whistles... It was a mistake.

We were given a Rival coffee maker as a gift when we moved. I know they're not expensive, but in my opinion this one only serves to frustrate and ends up costing more. I've been drinking (and making) coffee all my life, with various machines and methods. The Rival is, by far, the fastest brew I've ever seen. While this may sound like a good thing, what happens is that the coffee comes out much weaker than it should be given the amount of grounds used. So you get a quick cup of either a) weak or b) very expensive coffee, as you end up using twice the amount of grounds to get a good cup.

I found a temporary solution to the problem by brewing only one mug at a time, without the carafe in place. This lets the filter basket hold the water, effectively steeping the coffee for a moment or two, before the carafe is put in place. Of course, this comes with its own problems, such as the spring tension on the hold feature making it difficult to put the carafe in place smoothly, without mess. I realize it's not intended to be used this way, but my option is to go way over budget on coffee instead.

It also never seals right, so there's a 50/50 chance of it dripping down onto the burner, unless you put your mug down to catch it. If it does drip on the burner, it runs straight into the base of the machine, because a water seal was too much to ask for something electronic that is used with liquid, and woe betide the busy individual who inadvertently puts too much water in for this method. In all, yes, it makes coffee, but you will either use up a lot more coffee or subject yourself to a lot of unnecessary frustration to get it. Don't waste your money.

Rival 5-speed hand mixer (HM-743) - I have had two of these mixers. One I purchased and one I received as a Gift. I am disappointed because BOTH had the same problem, and ended up to be non-usable. The problem that occurred was in the beaters. They would not continue to turn when put into batter, etc. They tangled together and stopped turning, with the result being having the motor burn out. I will not purchase the Rival brand in the future.

Rival Crock Pot Model 3060 - I threw a roast in my crock pot this morning to cook on the low setting. 8 hours later, I returned home to find the glass lid on my crock pot had crackled and there was glass all over the dinner I had prepared. I have never heard of or seen this happen before. I always thought Rival made dependable products. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who doesn't enjoy eating tiny pieces of glass.

12 cup coffee pot is HORRIBLE. I received this as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend who didn't like my 15 year old Sunbeam coffee pot. The box said it had a wide spout for easy pouring. Well... I guess if you want to continually pour hot coffee all over the counter and floor that would be accurate. This includes the rude awakening of hot coffee falling onto your bare feet in the morning when going to pour a cup and forget to get the pot over the sink. It does not have a wide spout and every single time you try to pour no matter how fast or slow... coffee goes everywhere. Wish he had kept the receipt because I hate this thing. He gave me the matching microwave and toaster oven too and now it's June and they are still in their boxes in the closet as I'm pretty sure I won't like them either.

This is Rival Crockpot Model # md-TH700P stopped working on the low setting and is a little than over a year old. I have bought other Rival Crockpots and they all die! But will never buy one again! And never from Walmart!!!

I purchased a Rival Coffee Maker last month. Today, the warmer stopped working. The switch shows that the unit is on, but my coffee is cold. I bought it because the other Rival kitchen appliance I have are very reliable, but I won't buy any more. Rival just flunked my kitchen test.

I have bought 2 of these coffee makers in the last 3 months. The first coffee maker the on/off switch fell apart after about 2 months. So I thought it was just a fluke and went and bought another one. The new one I have had probably 3 weeks. My son went to make a pot of coffee and when he turned it on, it electrocuted him and there was a large flame/flash that came out of the on/off switch. I am very upset with this product. If I would have had a dishtowel next to the coffee maker it for sure would have started a fire. I will never buy a Rival Coffee Maker again. Buyer Beware!

I called Rival, told them my story and they told me that Walmart Rival shouldn't have a problem. Well needless to say, Not only did I call but the man on the other end was rude. I felt as if I was bothering him. I hung up and tried to talk to a supervisor and the woman said she would take the info and pass it along. Well after giving her all the info again, she said she couldn't help me due to it's out of warranty. If I can't read the numbers and I really tried to tell her the number. She said no and that there's nothing they could do. So I thanked her and asked for supervisor again.

Well I got a runaround and I told her that this is disposable after 1 yr. hardly used crock-pot. So when buying Walmart Rival or anything, the main co. can't and won't help you. This is due to Rival makes things for exclusively for Walmart. I'll continue to bad mouth this to anyone on Facebook and so on. I'll never stop until my answer as to why is answered.

Rival Products Company Profile