Rheem

• 6%
  • 2%
  • 79%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rheem?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rheem?
    Price

Reviewed July 20, 2024

I have a 2 year old heat pump/water heater that has failed. I reached out to Rheem & they informed me that since my family purchased the unit (my mother) and I now own the home that the warranty is voided!! It is amazing the extent this fly by night company go to not to stand behind their product. This great sounding warranty that entices families to spend the extra $$$ for a unit that is less efficient than other heaters in that price range is absolutely worthless. I personally purchase many of these products annually——and from this day forward I will never purchase anything associated with this brand or its subsidiaries period.

I wish I could go back and return all of my previous purchases and use a quality product with real warranty that works as advertised instead of dealing with this inferior company. Rheem should get into politics the way they lie and mislead the public. $3000 for a water heater that lasts 2 years? That's a lot of money for something heading to a landfill. Good job Rheem—Unfortunately it won’t be your expensive inferior product taking its place.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 19, 2024

RHEEM no longer holds up to their name, unfortunately. My home has two AC units as my next door neighbor does too. We had all four (4) RHEEM units installed within the same week by same company in Sep 2020. Three (3) years later, my 4ton compressor broke. Yes, under warranty but still cost me $2500 to fix. Neighbor had his compressor die at 3yrs 3months. As of July 2024, my other unit's compressor just broke and my neighbor's is about to break cause it's doing exactly what mine has been struggling with for about two weeks. To be clear, I had RHEEM specialists come out to inspect the installations, both were done properly so that's not the issue. Approximately 80% of AC issues are from improper install. All 4 units are cleaned regularly, in Florida, about every 3 months for basic drain flush and twice/year for full coil clean which are hardly dirty when they come to clean anyway.

In 2020 we moved out of my old house that had a RHEEM for 15yrs and still running. Regular maintenance and repairs from wear were the only issues, which is normal. Today? NO, STAY AWAY FROM RHEEM no matter what you read. Absolutely bottom of the barrel. I'm going back to American Standard I had at another house for 10yrs, not a single issue. Keep in mind, even that's not always the answer either. Company's change materials, government changes regulations. It's not easy but during this decade, stay away from RHEEM and RUUD (which is owned by RHEEM).

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 18, 2024

I purchased a Rheem HVAC March 2020, Paid $5,000 then it won't cool the home as it suppose to. Set at 75 on really hot Florida days it says 80. I called the installer freon low, he suggest there a leak.. He put some type of dye, he found the leak. Part under warranty, he wants $555. To install new part on top of paying him $440 just to diagnose the problem. Rheem is a not the easiest company to contact, wait time is long. I will never purchase a Rheem product and I will make sure to tell my friends anyone try to sell them Rheem to run.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed July 17, 2024

Rheem partners with Home Depot to sell and install water heater for residentials. I had one installed in 2014 through Home Depot with 12 year parts warranty. On July 3rd, the gas control valve for the water heater failed. I called the Rheem Customer Service line and the CS representative agreed to ship me the parts via Fedex. After two weeks, I still have not received the parts.

Price

Reviewed July 16, 2024

Have a Rheem AC unit that is barely 4 years old and the compressor clunks out in the East Texas summer. The compressor still under warranty but the freon and labor will still run a little over $2000. Lesson learned, Rheem products may be cheaper in the short term but will end up costing more in the long term. Quality of the product is a major concern and very disappointing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 5, 2024

Customer service was VERY rude, called on Thursday and said they would put it through the workshop and they will ship it to me within 2-4 days, got NOTHING for an entire week, emailed them back and called, customer service person was rude again, said it was on its way and they put it through, within 2 hrs I had a new email with a FedEx tracking number, they just pulled it from warehouse and got it shipped a week later?? Horrible customer service and water heaters. Will not be getting another Rheem appliance.

Profile pic of the author.
      Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed June 25, 2024

My 50 gallon Rheem water heater started leaking right at the end of the warranty. After multiple calls back and forth to Rheem and Home Depot I was given a case number so I could exchange my water heater. Although it was right at the end but less than 50 days past the six year warranty I had the receipt and they told me they had a 90-day grace period. Rheem issued me the case number so that I could exchange it. After spending an hour at Home Depot trying to figure out what's up they call Rheem and Rheem tells them "nope too bad we're not giving him the 90 day grace period on the warranty. It's 90 days from the manufacturing date." Even though the person on the phone told me it was 90 days from the purchase date. I cannot believe I went through all this garbage. I have a tenant who's been without hot water for 5 days now and I still don't have a water heater and Rheem just ripped me off about 550 bucks.

Nobody should ever buy a Rheem. Home Depot should end their contract with them and not sell this garbage. You can tell from two stars nobody likes them and I think if there was Zero Stars available most people would give them zero Stars. I will never buy another one. Rheem will rheem you in the backside. Case # **. 90 day Grace period - Destiny 6/23/24 ... 877-643-0313. She said Call this number and tell them Destiny said it was approved - The evidence of authorization is the case #.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I purchased my Rheem air conditioner unit 1.5 years ago. Had I known now at that time what I have learned from owning one, I would not have made the purchase. The unit works fine and runs quiet until it get hot and the unit has to work harder. Then it sounds like a Cessna engine on an airplane and can be heard from a several houses away. It is so loud that at times you have turn the volume up on the TV. Sounds odd but totally true. A neighbor installed the same unit. I can hear their unit a block away. These things are extremely loud. The installer came and checked the unit and said it's fine, the noise is expected. Trane and other A/C I’ll it’s do not perform this way.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Will never buy another from Rheem or Home Depot. Their warranty department lied to us after saying they would give me a refund over the phone and made 4 trips to the store. I had 2 of their tanks leak one at 4 years and the next was just over 3 years, and we bought the second one ourselves. Go with a different brand, trust me.

Installation & SetupCoverage

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I had a Rheem AC System replaced in 2020. I had the capacitor fail twice within the first 3 years. The system is supposed to have a warranty that would cover parts during that time period (labor would not be covered). The AC company I used, in an emergency, when the system failed, did not file a claim with Rheem. I contacted them myself to try to get reimbursement, or a replacement capacitor. Knowing that the part had failed twice, even if they wouldn't reimburse me for the repair, I would like to at least have the part replaced through the warranty so I have to get install the next time it fails, which is likely!

Rheem did not uphold the warranty, claiming that since the AC company did not file a claim and used a different part, they do not need to cover it. The fact is, a RHEEM part failed. The RHEEM part is under warranty. They should still be replacing the part, and they claim they are not liable. I will not be choosing Rheem products in the future, especially a Rheem AC system, as the warranty will not be upheld.

Rheem author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rheem Manufacturing Company was founded in 1925 in Emeryville, CA. Today, it is the world’s only manufacturer that produces heating, cooling, water heating, pool/spa heating and commercial refrigeration products.  In addition to their other products, Rheem specializes in central air conditioners for homes and businesses.

• Easy to find: Rheem is sold by independent contractors around the world and at retailers nationwide. Easily find an independent Rheem contractor or retailer in your area through Rheem’s website.

• Homeowner resource center: Rheem’s online homeowner’s resource center is the best place to find all the information you need on local contractors, financing, rebates and warranties for all of your Rheem products.

• Heart of Comfort (HOC): Rheem’s HOC program was created as a way to unify all of Rheem’s charitable giving across the continent. The program is committed to helping communities across the country gain access to home comforts, including heating and cooling. Find out about events in your area and how you can help through Rheem’s website.

• Tax credit information: The federal tax program can be confusing, which is why Rheem website’s thorough and step-by-step explanation of how they work is so helpful. Find out what products qualify for credit, what your limit is and how long you have to take advantage of the tax credits.

• Financing: Rheem works with Synchrony Bank to offer consumers financing options for their home comfort products. Consumers can enjoy features such as convenient monthly payment options, competitive interest rates and an open credit line for future purchases.

Rheem Company Information