2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (208 ratings)

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: July 24, 2021

I know that people who are unhappy tend to write reviews, but I'm amazed when I see negative reviews for Restoration Hardware. Not only are their products superlative, but our experience with their customer service is almost not to be believed, it was so good. We bought a sofa, and we love it. But, what we didn't really pay attention to was the taco effect of the fabric we chose. For months since we bought it, RH at U Village in Seattle has been helping us to determine how to handle it. I'm frankly blown away with the over the top concern and efforts they have made to make it right for us. And they did. I won't go into the details, but frankly, if I was on the other side of me, I would have told me to shut up and sit down. They instead treated us like royalty. I can't over emphasize how happy this company has made us, and what loyal customers we are now as a result.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I don't know why I keep going back to Restoration Hardware, it is psychological. I keep expecting good results and almost always end up with poor quality product. I purchased 3 bathroom vanities and one came with stain issues, almost like they forgot to stain one drawer. I unfortunately did not noticed because my general contractor took the order. I called to complain and was told this was my fault, I should have checked at delivery. I gave them this one. I have since ordered a kitchen table, it is currently one month old and nearly half the stain is rubbed off. I ordered the world famous cloud couch in leather and the back is pushing out in three different areas where we sit. It is almost like it has no proper back support.

I also ordered two custom chairs for the living room, one was lost and they told me it was my fault because I canceled the order..one I already paid for and they actually charged me a cancelation fee. Bonus, I still do not have the missing chair or what I paid for it. I have spent so much of my time and money and I am tired of companies like this delivery poor quality for top dollar. When and they will mess up orders, they make sure it is the customers fault.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Recently purchased the Maxwell edition couch with a side chase. Although the couch is comfortable, and will probably be more so after some breaking in, the chase is horribly short and basically useless unless you are less than 5’ tall.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I purchased the Arles rectangular dining room table with two leaves in oak gray. A guest accidentally caused some damage to the paint by placing his laptop over it on a cloth mat and the heat melted the paint. I was furious because that is telling of the quality of the paint. I have a less costly table in my family room where we even do arts and crafts on it and it’s in mint condition. I called RH hoping they could offer some solution or assistance in helping me fix the damage. It only needs to be resurfaced, the area is about a 3 inch diameter. But who? Where? What paint? They did not care. I just could not believe that their customer service would be so awful and unhelpful. I’m done buying from them, so much for their annual membership, they could at least reveal the paint color or finish I need to purchase to have it resurfaced.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I purchased fabric by the yard based on a fabric swatch I ordered from the website. I didn't check the color closely when my fabric arrived and dropped it off at an upholsterer to have some chairs recovered. When my newly upholstered chairs were delivered, I noticed the "carbon" vintage velvet fabric that was dark gray on my swatch looked blue on my chairs. I got another swatch of the same material to see which color was most correct, and the new swatch was a light gray this time.

I called and emailed RH several times to request that the material be replaced - I shared photos of the issue and each time asked to escalate my complaint to someone at a higher level that could help me. My appeals went nowhere - I was told "it is our determination that this is an acceptable shade within the Vintage Velvet" and that all the different samples I had were within an "acceptable tolerance". I was surprised that a retailer that shows so many different shades of beige and gray would find this variation acceptable. My experience and the lack of customer service I received was extremely disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Rude and arrogant staff. I dealt with Amy ** who I found to be condescending and rude. Once she saw that we were merely spending $2000 she turned off like a light switch. She gave us a quote but never returned our calls or emails. I drove to the store to see her sitting and talking to coworkers. We still count get any of the snobby staff to wait on us. I guess if I wore a tuxedo they might have noticed me. Pottery Barn was happy to help us so we purchased there.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I bought a sofa from RH 2 years ago. The cost was 4k. I tried this sofa in the showroom several times before I decided to buy it. I also bought it because it was attractive and comfortable. I had some concerns that it could lose support with time the way it's built but the salesperson assured me that it won't happen with time.. Right after the new sofa was delivered I sat on it and I realized that it felt different than on a sofa I tried in the showroom. The showroom sofa felt much more comfortable and supportive. By the way, I only weigh 128 lbs, yet my butt sinks into the cushions a lot. I can't tell you how my mom felt. She is a bit bigger than me and she completely avoids sitting on it, so are my parents-in-law...

I feel bad I didn't reach out to the company back then when I had those feelings. Because with a time sofa became even more uncomfortable and without any support. Only 2 years have passed and now when I sit on it I am sinking into the seat cushion quite a bit AND this is not comfortable, and is giving me lower back pain. This becomes more intense when I sit longer on the sofa. Outcome- we don't use our sofa in the living room, nobody wants to sit on it. I reached out to the company and they are not willing to help. They asked me to send photos, which i did and they estimated sofa to be normal, without any defects! Haha. They estimated this based on the photos. Funny right?! It looks okay indeed, but when you sit on it then you actually learn the issue..

After numerous emails back and forth they sent me new pillow inserts which turned out to be wrong size! I learned today they discontinued making the sofa I bought - obviously I am probably not the only one complaining about it. !! Be AWARE! Never buy expensive furniture from Restoration Hardware!!!! Very disappointed!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

We ordered the Laguna Bed and Laguna Large Dresser for our son. Nothing here seems to be made of real wood anymore. The bed and the dresser we made of some type of fake wood and glue and paint to make it look like wood. The smell, oh the smell! I can't put into words how strong and toxic the smell was. With the windows open, it enveloped the room. My wife and I have headaches and felt sick being around the furniture. Even after leaving the room, my headache did not cease.

After taking the old furniture out and putting the new in, all of it had to be removed that same night and put outside. Even after the furniture was gone, the next day, you could still smell the toxic smell in the room. I do not know where these people get off selling toxic products like this, to kids no less! It is no wonder cancer is so prevalent, these companies just do not care about our health and wellness. It is time to start boycotting this type of behavior and these types of products and the companies making them. This bed is GREENGUARD Gold Certified, if you can believe that! What a lie and a joke it all is!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Beautiful store and furniture in the showroom. We furnished our living room, dining room and master bedroom with their products, at great expense. Delivery time was quite delayed and the pieces do not seem to be at all at the same level of quality as the showroom furniture. Colors have faded/ changed; grey has become an awful green. Finish on the wood is flaking and quickly deteriorating. Quite disappointing for us; we complained and were insulted when they send a tiny vial of paint to touch up the flaking areas. I’ve since been told by those in the design trade that RH uses different manufacturers for their display pieces than for what they actually send to customers. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Purchased 2 Library Leather chairs and ottomans for new condo in 2013. Within 2 years, leather started cracking on arms and seat. Restoration Hardware offered no assistance, except offering to sell us a replacement cushion.

Restoration Hardware author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Selection: Living, diving, bed and bathroom, plus lighting, textiles, rugs, windows, hardware, décor, art, outdoor and holiday furnishing.

• Delivery: Flat shipping and delivery rates based on distance.

• Returns: Eligible (non-customized) items are eligible for returns and exchanges.

Restoration Hardware Company Information