1.29/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Restoration Hardware

Looking for a good furniture store?

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

i have purchased bath towels from RH. They are very soft but expensive. Many of the hand towels have become discolored. I called and they claim certain chemicals could cause the towels to discolor. Not sure why my towels have become discolored. I use regular hand soap.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I purchased a tufted Kensington sofa several years ago. I have had nothing but problems with this sofa since it was shipped. The cushions droop and the leather doesn't match the frame well. They are down filled. I have called them about the situation. They shipped a new set of cushions and the same problem. I specifically asked them not to ship the down fill again but they did. Since then they have been completely unhelpful to the point of being rude. I just want non-down filled cushions that don't droop for the sofa. Why is that so hard?

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We purchased the 1930's French Farmhouse extension table. This table required us to pay an outrageous delivery service. This was delivered on 9/27/2018. We just moved from SC to Idaho and when we had table disassembled for the move we discovered cracks in the legs. We immediately called RH to have this poor quality table picked up. We spoke with customer service and was informed that because we "moved and they could not verify how the table was moved they would not replace or refund". This is the poorest quality of furniture and we will be pursuing this matter further. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE EVER! They are essentially stating if you move our furniture will crack or be damaged and we will not stand behind the product.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

After purchasing outdoor furniture, the wicker came undone within a week. The couch was back ordered for 6 months for a replacement. The replacement delivery was fumbled as they called the wrong phone number! RH staff who attempted resolution was unhelpful and said they would offer a $500 credit on a $10,000 order. Her and an associate insisted that they were being more than fair and got off the phone as quickly as possible.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought expensive Linen bed sheets - Stonewashed Belgium linen, Both of my fitted sheets began shredding after 2 years. These sheets were over $300.00 a SET!! I sent pictures and what I got is that they expect them to only last 1 YEAR! These are some of the most expensive sheets on the market and have the shortest warranty. I was told basically sorry, you can buy a new set no offer of replacing sheets at a discount or anything. I can go to many other online retailers and buy similar if not better linen sheets at a lower cost and have 3-5 year minimum warranty. DO NOT BUY BED LINENS FROM Restoration Hardware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I purchased a sofa in linen, grey slipcovers with down stuffed seating, back and side pillows. Please do not buy this sofa. RH should have something to replace these cushions because they are flat and sagging and it was top of the line. I have not called customer service as I know that they will most likely say it is part of the normal wear. I would have to disagree as quality furniture tends to hold up. I think their marketing and looks are good, but true design from a functional standpoint and quality is not there in the purchases I have made, especially with this sofa. I've had discussions about the brand with other professionals at work and we have converged on agreement here.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

RODENT INFESTATION!!!! It took me a couple of days to think about how I wanted to summarize my experience. All I could come up with is Horrific! On Saturday, 9/28th, I received my second delivery of the same item (a sofa) damaged for the second time in a row. The sofa arrived fully boxed up in its original packaging filled with rodent feces. The sofa was stained throughout. Inside the cushions were rodent droppings. It was so alarming and incredibly sickening to have an infested product be delivered to my home.

All of the droppings ended up on my carpet and floor which required me to immediately clean it. I am heartbroken that my family and I have had to live without our living room sofa for this long. The first time, the sofa was damaged because of a seam cut. The second delivery of the products was laced with a rodent infestation. I've had to entertain friends feeling embarrassed that I still don't have a sofa. I recommend that RH implement some type of quality-control inspection cadence for all outgoing deliveries. Had the warehouse completed a full inspection, that product should have never been allowed on the truck or entered my home.

When I share this horrific story for family members, they immediately asked.."where did you order the sofa from?" My response is almost met with disbelief and shock that it is an RH product. At this point, I feel like it's been a losing battle and I should cancel my order altogether. If I had not purchased a lounge chair that compliments the sofa so well, I probably would just give up in disgust.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I’ve had such an exhausting and disappointing experience with this company, it’s hard to articulate it all through writing. Basically the furniture I ordered turns out to be poorly made (broken curtain brackets, drawers of dresser wobbly, rollers on office chair don’t roll, etc) and customer service has wasted so much of my time making mistakes and running in circles that I can’t even bother to communicate my grievances with them. They don’t return phone calls as promised or follow up when the merchandise they’ve sent had malfunctioned. I think their furniture is mass manufactured outside of the US and while attractive, also dysfunctional. Lastly, it’s so hard to get the things you order because it’s not carried in their high galleries and customer service is not helpful. Don’t spend money, time or energy with RH, it’s all a show.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

It’s too bad that they don’t have info on the gsm weight of this linen, but my estimation is it’s probably around 125-130gsm. Super lightweight and soft and just keeps getting softer and softer, like sleeping on cloud. The softest linen I’ve ever felt, even softer than cotton as it’s so fluffy!! The weave is VERY fine, MINIMAL lint, and high white shine. The duvet cover is made in Italy, woven from Italian mills. I’ve sampled many linen over the years and this linen truly is one of the best that you can’t find anywhere else. Workmanship is great as well. RH has non made in China good stuff. You just have to look for them, and I purchased mine on eBay for less than half of retail price, brand new. VERY happy!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Where to start. Ordered over $50,000 worth of furniture from RH. The deliveries were not all at once because items were arriving at different times. The day my large marble top table was supposed to be delivered the crew showed up and said, "The table is really heavy - 700 lbs. and we can't move it in. We're taking it back to the warehouse or we can put it in your garage and you can schedule another delivery." They said I would hear back that day to reschedule. 2 days later still nothing so I called and they said they would be there the next day. SAME THING HAPPENED the next day - 2 drivers, said "we'll be back," never heard from them.

I got a call that they would be there the next morning and I said, "Are you SURE you are sending a 4 man team?" They said, "Yes of course." Well the next day 3 guys show up and try to give me the same speech. I said, "Just get the table set up. This is crazy." They were completely incompetent. They didn't know how to use the dolly or straps, barely rolled the table through the door, spent over an hour on the phone complaining to the warehouse. At this point they said they were missing all the hardware for the base - my maintenance man was on site and ran to the store, bought hardware and put the base together himself. After literally hours of the guys standing in the dining room talking about how to put the top on my employee walked over and said, "Each one of you take a corner now." He grabbed a corner and said, "Lift." They lifted it onto the table...

Now they had to install 2 bedrooms of furniture. It took them approx. 1.5 hours to put a simple metal frame bed together. I had to show them how to put the slats in because they said they didn't fit. The frame was crooked and when I shifted it into place the slats slid in perfectly. In the second room I gave them a tape measure and asked them to simply center the bed on the wall. When I came in to check they were eyeballing it. I took out the tape measure and it was off by 7 inches. The main guy said "it's not our job to measure."

Now my second morning. Room table arrived yesterday... When I got the call to schedule I explained what happened with the last delivery and was told not to worry, that was very out of character and would never happen again. The delivery drivers arrived and used the EXACT SAME SCRIPT as the last delivery people. They said, "It’s 500 lbs. Too heavy, we will take it back to the shop and you can get it another day. Can we store it in your garage?" They said that CUSTOMER SERVICE tells them to take the items to the customer’s even though they are fully aware they cannot install them with a 2 person team.

To make matters worse they PROMISED they would be back later in the day yesterday with 2 more guys to bring the table in. I waited ALL DAY and never received a call and of course they did not return! It's now a day later, NO PHONE CALL, NO COMMUNICATION, NOTHING. I will never purchase anything from this company again. Their customer service and delivery is the WORST! I had another store - Living Spaces delivery a lot of other furniture for my house which is MUCH more affordable and the delivery went flawlessly!!!

Restoration Hardware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Selection: Living, diving, bed and bathroom, plus lighting, textiles, rugs, windows, hardware, décor, art, outdoor and holiday furnishing.

• Delivery: Flat shipping and delivery rates based on distance.

• Returns: Eligible (non-customized) items are eligible for returns and exchanges.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs