2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (208 ratings)

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: May 31, 2020

My wife and I have shopped at Restoration Hardware for years and have always had some issue but love the style so we remained loyal customers.... We had talked to the salesman in length about how we were wanting a fabric that was as clean and healthy as possible as my wife has allergies and she researched and found linen to be one of the best... So when we talked with the salesperson they showed us the sofas and chairs and we fell in love with the white sofas on their showroom floor..

We were told the material was a linen weave and very durable so we special ordered a sofa and chair.... We were happy initially but realized the material started to pill and everything seems to stick to it so after our own research we see the linen weave is actually 100% acrylic... We are so upset.. It took a while for us to complain as I went into cardiac arrest was in a coma and almost a year of rehab... My wife tried time and time again to get some resolve but was told it was special order so only a 50% credit but so much time passed they won't do anything... Now we have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on something we cannot use....

Original review: May 23, 2020

2 items...I bought them 6 years ago.. They replaced both of them. I sent pictures, the representatives on the phone were so kind and beyond helpful. I love the company! I have many things from them and they honor their products.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The store assistant was very helpful, I found a style that I liked, with dimensions that worked. I should have been more cautious when the fabric I liked in the swatch book was no longer available, but I found another that looked good and placed the order. 3 months later, the $4,800 couch I ordered arrived, I was disappointed the moment I saw it. The quality of the fabric was terrible, there were flaws in the grey weave that made white threads stand out. Not at all like the swatch. The texture of the fabric was rougher than the swatch. The legs on the couch were the roughest legs I have ever seen, far coarser than those at a local hardware store. To my further dismay, there is so little support in the seat of the couch my butt sinks too deep into it and it's uncomfortable. I don't recall the couch in the showroom feeling this soft.

I called RH the day the couch arrived and complained about the fabric flaws, I sent in pictures too. I am supposed to receive notification as to whether they can repair the fabric flaws or replace the couch. Since there is no return policy, and there doesn't even appear to be a warranty document on the RH website, I don't have confidence that this couch will be repaired or replaced. Even if it's replaced, the basic workmanship is so poor that I am very disappointed that I spent so much money in that store.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I ordered a couch from RH in 2007, the 96" ORIGINAL LANCASTER UPHOLSTERED SOFA in 2013. When it first arrived, I noticed that the seat cushions protruded from the sofa frame by quite a bit, about 2 inches. I called the store and was told that that's the way the couches are made (I wouldn't have bought it if that's the way it presented in the store). A few years later, in 2017, I was in their store browsing and noticed that none of their couches' seat cushions protrude in that manner so I approached one of the salespeople and told him about my couch. He told me to send him pictures and he will take a look, which I did and after a few email exchanges with him, he said he was going to send the complaint to corporate customer service. I never heard back from him or customer service.

Not long after that exchange I started to notice the seat support waning and not offering much support at all. When I took the seat cushions off, there was a section of the couch that had completely given way. The support was non-existent. Something had collapsed under there. I can't see exactly what since there is the cloth over it but I can feel the springs not connected anymore...so I called RH again, this time their corporate number.

After a few email exchanges and the woman supposedly "escalating" the problem, she came back with "the recommendation is that you contact Guardsman, a furniture repair company that is familiar with our products." And also, "Also, there is no record of any issues with your sofa before your telephone call on Wednesday, April 8th." So I sent her the email chain of my previous conversation with the shop employee and never heard back from her. Poor quality furniture and poor customer service. That's all I have to say. Never shopping there again for anything and certainly not worth the high prices that they charge. Now reading all these poor reviews that are on this site, I can see that I'm not the only one disappointed with this brand.

Original review: April 3, 2020

We bought a set of four chairs in 2012. A few days ago, one chair broke and we called the company to ask if it was possible to fix the chair. They just shipped us for free four new chairs. That's what I call good customer service.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I ordered a grey oak coffee table with pewter hardware. It came after 2 cancellations and over SIX MONTHS LATER It arrived in fine shape, nice quality BUT the color is SO DARK. It's not like the picture at all. I have initiated a return and will order/exchange for the waxed oak with pewter and hope for the best as far as the color goes. It really won't be what I want. I have a home near the beach and I thought that grey oak was the perfect choice to match my existing wood surfaces. Now I have to compromise. Just totally frustrating and inconvenienced and this will be my last purchase from this company.

Original review: March 4, 2020

So we purchased several items including two side boards, large coffee table, couch, chairs and end tables. Quality of the side boards are terrible, doors do not line up and shut, couch fabric is stretching out, the recalled oak coffee table had damage upon delivery that hasn’t been resolved and the list goes on. I would never buy anything from this company again. This stuff looks great and the showroom is exciting to visit and it is easy to fall I love with this furniture, but it’s poor quality and we are very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The worst customer service and strong arm tactics when trying to return item that was ruined when delivered after waiting 12 weeks. After seven weeks of phone calls and emails and arguing with their staff both in the Grand store and corporate headquarters they agreed to replace the furniture and now management will not honor the exchange. Horrible company. Please don't ever shop there. Overpriced For crap quality and unethical customer service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

We recently discovered, when we moved, that our Restoration Hardware St James bed was missing half the screws holding the frame together. The company's response was that since it was several years since the purchase and we had signed off as it being complete at time of assembly, they would not send out anyone to fix it. They sent more hardware, which is better than nothing but not what we expected given that we had paid for white glove delivery including assembly. Conclusion: great product, inadequate assembly and customer service response.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Restoration Hardware should close its doors forever because they are nothing but stealers. They play with you, don’t follow up, you are just a number and when you pay, you are completely disregard. They would call you non stop if you miss 2 cents but they won’t comply with their services. Nobody cares, you will spend hours and hours to get someone to do something for you, you’ll have to tell your story a hundred times over and over. You won’t receive your order, or maybe several months later, and you’ll be disappointed with quality. The worst store ever! It was not like this several years ago, customer service; inexistent. You already live under too much stress, don’t pay to have more stress like this!!!! Dr. SM

Restoration Hardware Company Information