2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

We recently discovered, when we moved, that our Restoration Hardware St James bed was missing half the screws holding the frame together. The company's response was that since it was several years since the purchase and we had signed off as it being complete at time of assembly, they would not send out anyone to fix it. They sent more hardware, which is better than nothing but not what we expected given that we had paid for white glove delivery including assembly. Conclusion: great product, inadequate assembly and customer service response.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Restoration Hardware should close its doors forever because they are nothing but stealers. They play with you, don’t follow up, you are just a number and when you pay, you are completely disregard. They would call you non stop if you miss 2 cents but they won’t comply with their services. Nobody cares, you will spend hours and hours to get someone to do something for you, you’ll have to tell your story a hundred times over and over. You won’t receive your order, or maybe several months later, and you’ll be disappointed with quality. The worst store ever! It was not like this several years ago, customer service; inexistent. You already live under too much stress, don’t pay to have more stress like this!!!! Dr. SM

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I ordered two towels from RH on Cyber Monday. Their idea of a Cyber Monday sale was $2 off per towel. Not only that, the towels didn't arrive by Christmas, nor by the promised delivery time of 1/3. When I wrote to customer service, their response from three different people was "we're sorry but too bad." Absolutely not worth shopping here, especially for the price.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Modern wall mount hand held shower and modern lever handle gooseneck faucets in aged brass are getting black spots. The black spots are peeling off. The shower hose has turned an ugly color of greenish white.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

About 1 year ago I spent over $10,000 on various items from Restoration Hardware. I worked with a representative in the store to pick out pieces and plan a layout for my home. Initially I was happy with the service I received. After that there were many issues and RH customer service did not meet my expectations.

1. The table was delivered with defects.
    2. One of the chairs had a large splintering piece of wood from the seat
    3. The top of the coffee table I ordered started fading and chipping away.

4. Delivery of many items took a lot longer than initially quoted.

When I spoke with an RH rep regarding these issues I was dismissed again and again with the response that there was nothing that they could (or would) do. When furniture is so expensive you expect that at least the quality of the items will be up to par. Unfortunately this is not the case with RH.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Purchased over $18K in furniture (couch, cocktail table and small dining table and four chairs) and sat down with design rep. She agreed once furniture arrived she would come out and help with paint colors and accessories. When we stopped by afterwards she was busy or had excuse and cancelled two appointments. Couch with chaise arrived and was defective-almost 2 1/2 inch gap between couch and chaise and chaise had seam half-way down cushion. We waited almost 3 months for sofa and although they replaced no one called to apologize. Honestly, their furniture is not worth the extra price and they blow smoke up your a!! to let you think you matter and you really do not. Look elsewhere, Overpriced and full of themselves.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I purchased 2 linen sofas, a dining table and chairs 3 years ago. The sofa cushions were broken down and shapeless after less than one year even though we probably only sit on it a couple of times per week. Not worth the money at all.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This store on surface is good, but it's not made well at all. We want nice quality furniture and we are given no choice. So in short it looks good but does not hold up. Also this company is very overpriced.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I ordered the Maxwell sofa & chaise lounge February 2019 and received it in May 2019. The sofa had a flaw in the fabric so RH said they would replace it after I sent photos to them. In July 2019 I received the replacement sofa/chaise and the chaise had a seam running across the center of the seat cushion (which was not there on the original chaise). Once again they agreed to replace after sending them photos of the first & second chaise I received (one with the seam and one without). Upon receiving the third sofa/chaise several weeks again (November 2019), the chaise still had the seam and I refused delivery. I have spoken to numerous customer service reps who now tell me the chaise now comes with a seam; however, I was referred back to the RH showroom sales person and am still awaiting a response to see how this matter will be resolved.

Resolution response: Oct. 29, 2019

I figured out how to adjust the brightness! Now I’m more satisfied with my purchase.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I purchased 4 of these LED brass lamps. Overall, although they are pretty good lamps, they are not worth $500 each! And yes they are made in China, although you won't find that on the RH website, where it just says "Imported".

Pros:
    - They look good.
    - They are heavy and feel very solid.
    - The light is bright and it’s a comfortable color temperature.

- The cord material is high quality and it’s a good length.

Cons:
    - Of the 4 lamps I bought, two of them came with yellow plastic wrapping material jammed into the retracting part of the lamp. This made it very difficult to remove the wrapping and extend one of the lamps, and impossible on another (I returned it).
    - The light is almost TOO bright - it's brighter than the several similar older halogen lamps we plan on replacing with these.
    - Also there is no brightness adjustment - on or off is all you get.
    - Only height can be adjusted. The head doesn’t rotate or swivel, so aiming the light is limited.
    - The pole is not perfectly vertical on two of the lamps.
    - The lamp head droops down a tiny bit on one of the lamps.

(The last two issues above are really only noticeable when I place several lamps side by side).

Basically I think these would be great lamps for $200 or $300. But for $500, not so much. To make them worth the price they need to have swiveling heads and more than one (very bright) brightness level.

Restoration Hardware Company Information