1.30/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Restoration Hardware

Looking for a good furniture store?

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Karen (biggest fool of all) spent 27k at RH?! Several other rubes pay full blown retail, at RH?! No wonder you all are pissed off about not having quality and look commensurate with the price. Our house is gorgeously decorated with select RH prices including a 12k sectional couch we purchased for $1,700, amazing lighting we got at 75% off, club chairs for $200 for the pair, 5k rug for $750, impressive giant cabinet retailed for $4,400 we bought for around $750, bathroom vanities originally 5k each for less than $1,500 each. My god we have the most luxurious RH towels that cost the same as Target towels! Literally the only thing we paid even close to retail was a 10ft Maxwell destroyed leather couch which our RH membership discount, plus a sale knocked off 3k from the 7,700k price making it totally affordable.

Have any of you fools even considered checking out the outlets? WTF? Who would pay 27k for 4 prices of RH crap? Outlets have so much great stuff and have 50% of sales monthly on top of the already steep discount. My wife just bought a 3k bed frame for her sisters as a house warming from the outlet outside Austin. Price? $550! It was a typical outlet return with a slight scratch that was easily fixed and now my wife is a hero and her sister is thrilled. Besides the RH outlets check, out Craigslist or eBay. People get rid of overpriced RH stuff all the time. Why pay the ridiculously high prices when with just a bit of effort you can save $1000's and your house looks like you have money to burn. No wonder you people are all so mad, I'd be mad too if I was such a sucker! We LOVE RH but only because we pay what it's worth, not what they con you into paying.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We spent $27k at this store on a leather cloud sectional, dining table, chairs and coffee table. I was excited to receive the reclaimed oak rectangular concrete pier table. However, upon delivery, there was a 1/8" ledge/lip between one plank and the next on half the length of the table which made the table non-functional. Stemware would fall if set down across this ridge. Not to mention that it was unattractive and hurt your hand if you slid it across this area.

In addition, the delivery men knocked a sizable chunk out of the concrete pier when they installed it. This table cost us $4000 with tax and shipping. Client services repeatedly argued with me that this was a "celebrated" feature (a line taken straight from their online product description) and not a flaw. We bought this table for the time worn features; the knots, splits, and cracks but it is reasonable to expect the table to be functional. To add insult to injury, she indicated that they would accept a return but that we would not be "allowed" to replace it with the same type of table. What kind of customer service is this? I will never buy another item from Restoration Hardware.

Original review: July 12, 2019

We shopped RH to furnish a new home. We purchased a suite of office furniture, sofa console, rug, coffee table, two floor lamps, two task lamps and a huge sectional. Here is the run down... We returned 50% of the furniture due to defects, backordering and poor workmanship. The sectional is garbage with very thin cushions that completely sag like a 20 yr old mattress (this happened immediately, after 1 week of use). Do not buy RH furniture, marked up garbage.

Resolution response: July 5, 2019

Today I sent a message through Restoration Hardware's website directly to customer service to confirm that this item is not available for purchase, since days after my initial inquiry I still could not believe what I was told by their customer service via phone. Their response was to apologize for the miscommunication and that in-fact the hardware was available for purchase. I placed an order for the item and have my fingers crossed that it is what I need.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I just phoned RH customer service to inquire about replacement mounting hardware for our Lugarno towel bar. This towel bar gets little use, but the metal wall mounting bracket on both ends shattered. RH still sells the Lugarno Towel Bar, however they will not sell the mounting bracket, which is unable to be purchased at a hardware store since it’s a custom item. Their solution to a defective item that at most costs $5.00 is to purchase a new $105 towel bar. Why do business with a company like this? Unbelievable...

Original review: June 18, 2019

I ordered a crib for my best friend who is expecting. They called us back in May 2019 stating that the crib was ready for delivery, and that it could be set up to be delivered at any time. We spoke with someone and related that the nursery was under construction and we would need it delivered in mid-June. Restoration Hardware had no problem with this, and said that they could deliver it when we needed it. We chose a date of 6/19/19, and they scheduled it. This morning I saw that my credit card was officially charged and figured this meant the delivery was a go, until my pregnant best friend called me crying. Apparently they never set up a confirmation of delivery with her, so she called to find out a time frame they would be delivering between. This was when she was informed that there was a problem and they would not be able to deliver to her for another two to three weeks.

That's great to tell a woman who is about to pop, and will not have a crib for her child. I then proceeded to call them and ask what was going on, and explained everything from the beginning. I was put on a two minute hold, and when the Customer Service Representative got back on the phone she said that there had been a computer glitch and that there was nothing she could do. I told her that doesn't help me much, or the fact that my friend could pop at any second, and she said to call back when the crib was delivered so that they could compensate me in some manner. I am really curious to see what they are going to be able to do, and when the final delivery of the crib will take place, but I can say that I was just about to buy new furniture from them, and will not be anymore. I am less than thrilled about what a nightmare this has turned into, and I am hoping that the baby holds out until she has a bed to sleep in. Ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: June 18, 2019

I walked into RH at Yorkdale shopping mall and thought I was in the wrong place. No where on the building or doors said RH, let alone Restoration Hardware. It just said Gallery and the hours they are open. I walked in and there was a huge bar set up and people lounging and drinking everywhere. No one looked like they were employees. I really thought it was an art gallery or some kind of event. I had to go back inside the mall to ask where Restoration Hardware was, only to be told that I was in fact in the right place. No one looked at me or tried to help me. I was there for a half an hour. I guess they didn’t want my business. I ended up going to Crate and Barrel and bought my new bedroom set there. I would be really surprised if they can sell anything to anyone.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I spent thousands of dollars on a new bed that came with a horrible odour free of charge. RH and Ryan ** are aware of this and yet there is no warning!! Imagine.... it's 4 weeks later and it still stinks and i can't sleep. They will refund my money and I have to wait 6 weeks for a new BED. If they had mentioned this at the start I would've shopped elsewhere. RH has horrible sales tactics and is not transparent.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased outdoor sectional, 2 couches and 2 lounge chairs, coffee table and fire pit. The fabric fades as well (as the coffee table) and turned discolored within 24 months. When I bought it out of the west Hollywood store, the salesperson assured me how that will not happen to the fabric. Even worse, customer service is terrible. Beyond not calling me back, not emailing me back without me going to the store and telling the sales person, who intervened and got them to be responsive. But finally say "not a defect from manufacturer".

They do not build long term relationships, they only care about making a sale today. Please also understand. I have bought 6 beds, dining chairs, 3 nightstands, daybed, outdoor bar stools, and this is how they treated me! I wrote them they may have saved a couple hundred dollars by not replacing a few cushions, but it will cost them thousands and thousands and thousands. /Users/johndesilets/Desktop/IMG_0775.jpg/Users/johndesilets/Desktop/IMG_0779.jpg

Original review: June 1, 2019

I ordered a large cabinet that was in stock and available for immediate delivery. No one contacted me about scheduling the delivery so after 4 days I called RH and another week out was the earliest I could get the piece. They asked when I scheduled about stairs and I informed the scheduling people that it had to go up 2 flights of stairs. When it arrived the delivery guys said they could not take anything that heavy upstairs and I would have to reschedule with a 4 man team. RH knew there were stairs and how heavy the piece was yet they booked 2 men. The delivery guy said RH would call me - they didn't.

I called them and was told the earliest delivery was in 6 more days. Then they kept me waiting for an hour and a half saying they were working on getting it to me sooner, which of course they didn't do. Thanks Danny! So having already gotten rid of the dresser I was replacing, I'm left with all my clothes sitting on the floor for a week. Now that I have read all of the other reviews I'm preparing myself for the piece to be a mess when it finally does arrive.

Original review: May 23, 2019

The company insists on sending us their 700 page catalogue with a mention in small font that they "promote responsible forest management," which is a significant misrepresentation. They have sent us this catalogue for years, wasting hundreds of pounds of paper, despite our requests to the contrary. This is a poor reflection on their business practices.

Restoration Hardware Company Information