Renewal by Andersen

4.7(2,325)

About Renewal by Andersen

Renewal by Andersen is a full-service manufacturer and installer of replacement windows and doors. Windows are custom-built, professionally installed and backed by a strong warranty. The company offers free in-home consultations to go over your needs and design options. Renewal by Andersen is located in more than 100 U.S. markets and has installed nearly 3 million windows.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Customized orders
    • Free in-home consultation
    • Warranty covers installation
    • Financing available
    Cons
    • Three to seven weeks to manufacture
    • Can be expensive

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Wrentham, MA

The installers from Renewal by Andersen were nice people and it was great dealing with them. ... The double-hung windows appear to be functioning as designed. They look nice and t...

Verified
    Lawrence, MA

We had them once before to change a slider in our family room and we were so impressed with the work that when we decided to have other work done, we called them again. We had a w...

What is Renewal by Andersen?

Renewal by Andersen is Andersen Corporation’s full-service replacement window division. The company assists homeowners through every step of the process, from helping choose windows to installing them.

To get started with Renewal by Andersen, schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with a sales representative to learn more about your options. Its representatives help you choose the best material, style and color for your home and provide pricing options.

Once you’ve selected your windows, the company measures sizes and manufactures your new windows. The new windows are installed by a team of professional technicians. Once the windows are installed, they’re protected by a transferable 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex materials, a two-year warranty on the installation and a 10-year warranty on hinges, locks and other components.

Renewal by Andersen products and features

Renewal By Andersen provides custom replacement windows and expert installation. Windows are made from Fibrex material, which is durable and allows for narrower frames and more energy-efficient glass. Customers can choose from different colors, grille patterns and hardware finishes.

Renewal by Andersen’s products include:

• Double-hung windows
    • Casement windows
    • Bay and bow windows
    • Picture windows
    • Sliding windows
    • Specialty windows
    • Awning windows

It sells double-hung windows in several styles, including with larger upper or lower sashes. Bay and bow windows have four, five or six windows, with the option to add a window seat.

Renewal by Andersen offers a range of energy-efficient glass options to prevent heating and cooling loss and block up to 95% of UV rays. Insect screens are included on every operable window. The company also offers a range of grille patterns to enhance the look and style of the home or match the existing architecture. Grille materials include aluminum and hardwood.

Renewal by Andersen installation services

The purchase of Renewal by Andersen windows includes professional installation. After the windows are manufactured, a crew of Certified Master Installers will install them. First the old windows are removed, and the framing is inspected for damage. The opening is cleaned and prepared, and the installers install the window. Then the frame is insulated and sealed. Finally, the trim is replaced, and the installers perform a final inspection.

Installation includes cleanup of the area disposal of the old windows. Installers will walk you through a product demonstration, share cleaning and maintenance tips and answer any questions. Renewal by Andersen includes a two-year warranty on installation.

Renewal by Andersen cost

The cost of your replacement windows or door varies based on size, style and customization options. The only way to receive accurate pricing for its windows is through a consultation.

The company runs promotions on its website frequently. Typically, if you purchase more than one product, such as multiple windows, you receive a discount.

Its financing options include deferred payments, monthly payments and lines of credit up to $55,000.

Renewal by Andersen FAQ

Is Renewal by Andersen expensive?
    Compared with other manufacturers and installers, Renewal by Andersen trends on the higher side. However, it’s known to make higher-quality windows and offer a more comprehensive warranty.
    What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
    Andersen Windows offers doors and windows for sale at hardware stores and independent dealers. Renewal by Andersen is a full-service division of the same company that manufactures and installs replacement windows.
    How long do Renewal by Andersen windows last?
    Windows installed by Renewal by Andersen are protected by a 20-year warranty on glass and Fibrex material and a 10-year warranty on other components. Its windows often last longer than the warranty terms.
    How long does it take to get Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Depending on the season, it may take three to seven weeks for your windows to be manufactured. The installation is typically completed within a day.
    What is the warranty on Renewal by Andersen windows?
    Renewal by Andersen windows come with a 20-year limited warranty on the glass and Fibrex material, including the frame, sash and exterior grilles. Other components, such as locks and hinges, are covered for up to 10 years. Installation is covered for two years.

Is Renewal by Andersen worth it?

Renewal by Andersen is an excellent company for those looking for high-quality, durable replacement windows. Its windows typically cost more than competitors’ products, so the company is a good choice for those who prioritize quality over cost. It’s a full-service company, so purchasing the windows and scheduling installation is easy and efficient. Renewal by Andersen backs its products and installation with an extensive warranty that protects your investment.

Stars Rating

• 86%
    • 5%
    • 3%
    • 2%
    • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renewal by Andersen?
      PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

What we liked the most about Renewal by Andersen was the quality of the product, and initially, the person who came out and spoke with us. We liked how easy it was to talk with him, how professional he was, how hugely hugely knowledgeable he is about the product. It was our highest quote, but we chose to go with Renewal by Andersen because we were impressed with the product and our initial interaction with Mark. He got to our house on time. He was complimentary about the house. He and I were able to talk about styles that I liked. I pointed out some of the things that I like, but he said, "Look at this. I see exactly what you're saying because that's what I see around your house." He acknowledged that. He was very personable and thoughtful.

We were able to banter back and forth between my husband and him. It was a fun experience with him. I thought that everything that he talked to us about was not only based on trying to sell a product. He wanted us to be happy with what we were choosing. And for any time we wanted to stop, he was okay. He focused on us and our style and our thoughts. When he first came out, he gave us a quote for a bigger job spec that we were thinking maybe in the future we might do this. But we had him write everything up for us. As soon as we were talking about the actual cost of things, and he knew that we definitely wanted A, B, and C, and we really do also want the next seven things, and he could tell that we were hesitating because it was a little sticker shock.

He immediately said, "Hold on a minute. You guys don't have to do this whole project right now. We can come back and we can do this other piece of this project. Because I would rather have you get a couple of things that you really enjoy for sure. And we've established a relationship, and I know you're gonna come back for more." He's right because we've already contacted Renewal by Andersen and we've got another piece of the second job going already. We got to work with him again, which is great.

In my perspective, I wanted the work done right away. It felt like it took forever for them to come in. It didn't. It took a tiny bit longer than I thought that it would, but it worked out with our schedule and what was going on in our life, which was great as well. When the guys came for the installation, we scheduled another job that was being done from this other local company. We had already ordered some new siding from them, and we had ordered a door from them. I had already put the order and it was too late for me to change anything on the door. But we made arrangements with that company to coordinate with Renewal by Andersen when they were coming in with the windows. One of the windows was going where the new siding was. We didn't wanna put up the window and then have them come in and do siding because part of the siding was demolition. So, Renewal by Andersen accommodated that.

As it turned out, the company that we were working with for the siding and the door came to the house and said, "Oh, looks like it's gonna be rainy for the whole day. We're gonna put off this job until in the next 10 days." So, we were put off by that but Renewal Andersen came in the afternoon. We still had some sprinkles, but we weren't having downpours, and it was intermittent. They said, "Oh, no, we know what we're doing. Your house is not gonna get wet. Your product is not gonna be damaged. We are going to guarantee everything is gonna be fine."

The two guy that we had at the house was a marine and his son was working with him. We had giant, picture windows that were being put in, and they didn't mess around, got everything done efficiently, and cleaned up after themselves. The siding wasn't down and they said, "Don't worry, we're gonna leave you the pieces. And I'm gonna tell you exactly what you need to tell them to do. But if you have any questions, call us and we can talk you through that. We don't want you to have any problem. And these windows are guaranteed." So, we felt very confident that everything was gonna be done. They were in and out of here within three hours. They installed it maybe four hours total, from the very beginning to signing the paperwork and walking out the door. They were very thorough. They did an immaculate job with the windows. We are so happy with the product and with everybody that we've dealt with at Renewal by Andersen.

Get buying tips about Windows delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The installation and the product itself were good. And Renewal offered good financing terms. My only issue with them is the communication wasn't great. The salesperson was super nice but the sales experience was not amazing. He was very enthusiastic and he looked around and made sure he knew what was up and walked through the whole building. We had 44 windows so it took a long time. It wasn’t necessarily his fault but I felt extremely pressured. For a $120,000 investment, I needed a few minutes to sit with the numbers and understand how it all worked. And I wasn’t given that time. Then, there was some confusion between the technical measurements and what was going on with that and the reps ended up changing the order. He said the good news was they could leave all the inside things in place. It would save me some money. But there was bad news.

I got the estimate and I was asked to sign the amendment to the contract amending the cost. It went down some but the numbers did not add up. There were scratch-outs and they were hand calculations so I asked if they could print me out a new list of the windows and what the costs are. I was doing my due diligence and I got so much pushback on it. The salesperson said he could just explain it to me. I told him no and to send it to me. He said their computer doesn’t print out long reports. I said they’re a national company and I asked what he meant that their computer doesn't print out reports. That doesn't make any sense to me. So, it put me on guard.

After messing around with us for a week and a half, I showed the salesperson the spreadsheet I put together based on what he did. But I just kept being told it was fine. I felt dismissed and I don't think he understood it. So, I ended up working with the manager who helped me understand and put it into one spreadsheet that I could read and double-check. Nobody was trying to rip me off. I just couldn't present to any bank what the numbers were because it was just not done properly. And then, the salesperson would text me at 9 o'clock at night. His willingness to text me at that time was insane. I don't answer my phone for business unless I know it's something that needs to be dealt with immediately.

Everything else went well. The installation was amazing and the crew was professional. They were friendly, efficient and left the area cleaner than they found it. It was great. The installers were there for a few days so, it was nice that they were respectful of our building. They did what they said they would do and finished early. The windows look amazing and with the weather we've been having, they've held tight. We get lots of compliments on it and I'm the first person to tell people that we got our money's worth, which was a lot of money. We extended the life of this building by 50 years. So, it was just the sales guy. He was not very respectful of my time or my ability to have a brain. And I don't appreciate that.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

I started a bit of research on windows. Renewal by Andersen was on the higher end, but I found that as far as the positivity from the people who had the windows installed and the construction part of them, they were top tier. They met or exceeded everything that I had read. They were on top of everything. We were at a local thing that was up at our local fairgrounds. There were a lot of vendors and people selling stuff and I happened to pass by them, got to talk with them and set up an appointment for somebody to come out and talk to us, and it went from there. We ended up going with the slider windows. Our house is a little over 20 years old and we've always had the grid look inside of them. We wanted a more open look.

The rep was a top-notch man. If he happened to come through the town that I live in, he made it a point to call and made sure that everything went on schedule and if there was anything that he could do. He called me a couple of times after we spoke and we decided what windows we wanted to replace in our house. He was awesome.

My wife and I were working on the days that it would be nice outside and the installers wanted to schedule it that day, and I told them that I couldn't do it that day. I apologized. And they were, "No, it's not a problem." I said, "We're free on this day." It was on a weekend. We hoped to do it on a weekday, but my wife ended up having to go into work and take some classes that day even though she was off. But they were no problem with it.

A crew of four guys showed up on a Saturday when it was chilly. They told us it would take a bit longer since it was a crew of four guys. But they knocked it out four hours earlier than what they said it would take them. They were awesome. You can measure windows, but when you take a window out, you might not get the exact measurement. But they knew what they were doing.

When they ran into a bit of a problem with the framing of the house that the window went into, they took care of it. We had one of our main windows in the front of our house that didn't want to go in, even the other two did that we had ordered, and they went above and beyond to make sure that they fit and everything looked clean when it was done. They made sure that the windows were nice and level. They laid out tarps and had vacuums. I was thoroughly impressed with them. They were super nice. We're gonna have more put in and I've already requested through RBA that I want that crew back.

What we decided to do was our front part of our house and it's completely a 180 compared to the way that it was. The main couch that my wife and I sit on is a recliner and it sits in the front of our house by big windows. I remember every year, especially in wintertime, it was so cold. Now, I had to pull the curtains back and touch the windows. The back of my head isn't cold. Even through the curtains, the old windows that we had where we could feel the cold. The front of our house faces the north. So, during the wintertime, we get that north wind and it would be super cold there. It's impressive. Everything that RBA said about their windows is 100% true. I've already recommended them to several people.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2023

I picked Renewal by Andersen because of what they say on their ads. Also, the weather is really hard on everything so I like the 20-year warranty. Their reps were very good. The guy that did the consulting on what we needed and the sizing was very down to earth. I didn't feel pressured doing it. He was very upfront with the cost. I liked Renewal's incentive package around the financing charges.

The installation went very well, too. I thought the team did a great job. They sent out a very experienced team. We did have a problem with the install. When we got done, the windows on the inside didn't look like they were very professionally finished. The team said, “Your house is always framed up one way, and we measure it and come as close as we can." There's still some gaps in the spaces, so they filled that in with caulk. They did a pretty nice job with the caulk, but it didn't look like a finished product on the inside. So, we were very unhappy with that.

I talked to the sales guy and also the technical guy, and I took pictures of it, and I talked to the team that installed it. They said, “Yeah, you need to talk, talk to these guys. We know there's things you can do.” The lead on the installation immediately said, “We can fix this pretty easy.” He had experience as a master carpenter and did a lot of trim work. He said, “It's not that hard to fix. I just can't fix it for you right now until we get approval to fix it. But I would definitely talk to the guys.” So, I talked to Renewal's team and a guy came out and he said, “Yeah, that doesn't look right." They stepped up and they fixed it, and it came out great.

We did our house in two phases, and the first phase was on the front of the house. The front of our house has very hot southern exposure. We have big trees out front that block this thing in the summer. But even in the summer, we could immediately tell the windows made a huge difference on the heat in the house. I really like that it blocks a lot of the damaging rays. In the winter, you'd be shocked at how much a southern exposure gets hot. We have these special shades when we first built the house because they didn't have this technology. We had these special thermal shades, but it blocked this beautiful view we had.

We could never open the windows because it was too hot in these southern exposure rooms. One of them was this huge, beautiful living room we have. We couldn't open the windows because it got too hot, and then it was cooking everything in there and the rays were destroying the furniture and the floors. We noticed immediately that that was not true anymore. So last year, we were able to keep the windows open most of the time, and it added so much to the ambience of the house.

The price is a lot. You pay for what you get, but we did do some other windows in our lower level, and we've been satisfied with them. Andersen was expensive, and it almost kept me from doing the deal, but I feel like I really got a quality product out of it, and I got this installation guarantee where they would come out and fix no matter what happens. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

We had some other vendors come out and give us estimates. They were going to replace our vinyl windows with vinyl windows, but Andersen said that they advertise that but their products were not vinyl, they were composite. We got them to come out to give us an estimate, and even with the 25% discount, we were a little shocked on the sticker price. The whole project cost over six figures and we got a lot of windows in our house. We decided to get one window and see how we like it. Then once we get the first window paid off and we liked what we got there, we may start changing other windows each year and slowly go through the house when we can afford it.

We chose a window in one spot over the sink and we really went with that window because of the design that they offered. It had a picture window and on the two windows off to the side of that picture window, they slid instead of opened up and down. We decided to go with that because that window that's over our kitchen sink is 106 inches. We have a pretty view outside our kitchen, across our property, so we got that to get rid of the divided-light. The installation took half a day and the only thing we had to wait on was the window to come in, which took two months and a half months from the time the rep placed the order to the time the installers came out and put the window in.

The installer was very professional and protected all parts of the house. I pointed out that there was a defect on the window that came from the manufacturer from when it was built. The window was a bronze color and I could see some silver. Two pieces of trim looked like they were cut short and that installer took pictures and put it into the system. Then I got an email that they've ordered those pieces. And when they get them in, they'll call me to get the installer to come replace them.

The other thing was, when the guy who come out and did the measuring, I wasn't home. But we called and I asked them how they were going to trim out the window once it's installed because I have cedar. They said the installer will bring cedar with them but I may have to stain it because they didn't have that, to which I agreed. But when the installer came out, he didn't bring any cedar. He said he wasn't told to bring any and it wasn't on the PO. But I told him no fail because I've got extra cedar in my barn, leftover from the construction of the house. So I went and got some cedar that was already stained. He took the boards I had, fixed it, and did the trim with the wood I had. I also told the installer that if we get some more windows done, I will have some cedar here and it will be stained. Just in case something like that happens again, so they wouldn't have to have a second trip out here.

So far, we love our new window because it's makes a big difference. We had divided-light on those two side windows, but now, we don't have any divided-light. It's wide open. The other part we love about it is the screens where you cannot tell if there are screen on the side windows or not. They don't use a normal window screen anymore and they use what they call a mesh. In one of my existing windows, the screen is darker and a little bit distorted. So, your view is distorted with the screen on there versus the top of the window that has no screen. On our new window, there are screens on the two side windows that slide, but they're not distorted.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 3, 2024

Renewal by Andersen was prompt, professional and courteous. The overall work is good quality and looks terrific. No complaints about any part of the process and would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 3, 2024

Terrible job! Installed window without inspection. Main picture window scratched between panes. Installers Craftsmanship the worse. Installer knowingly lied, nail holes beyond, damage to walls, furniture, plants, siding installed wrong. Overcharges and misinform on dry rot repair. Charged for materials and hours that wasn't used. Signed Paperwork was altered by adding materials and j cost to same paperwork for other purpose. Company can't be trusted. Had to reject window due to damage and poor craftsmanship.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed July 2, 2024

From the first contact, this was a great experience. The consultation was thorough, I understood the different products and was able to pick what was best for my home. My pets and I were treated like family. The install was even more impressive. They took out the old, put in the new windows and took away all the mess from outside. They made no mess whatsoever inside. Unbelievable. I had to adjust my temp settings on the thermostat because the house was too cold now. What a wonderful problem since I am in central Texas. Wish I would have done this years ago. Thank you to all who were involved in my journey.

Reviewed July 2, 2024

We went through three different quotes and Renewal by Andersen was by far the easiest process. The salesperson was able to show me an example of the windows which the other two companies did not. I was able to touch, feel, and see the exact product and understand the differences between vinyl windows and Renewal by Andersen, which is a customized product. The windows are made custom and in a few weeks we had them installed. Honestly, the easiest process was the installation as the crew was very polite, professional, and worked like a well oiled machine together. I would recommend them to anyone.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Excellent product and service. Even in the worst of weather conditions Installation went according to plan and home was kept neat and clean. Love these new windows. Would recommend to anyone looking for new windows.

Renewal by Andersen Company Information