Remington Shavers

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Knowing my current electric shaver was nearing the end of its life, I bought a Remington replacement at Costco when they had a good price on a Remington and I set aside until my existing shaver failed which it eventually did, so I pulled out the Remington & it wouldn't work. I called Remington customer service and explained my problem. The Remington agent said the battery shelf life wasn't long enough to survive the time I didn't use it from when I bought it when I tried to use it and it was out of warranty, so she said "I'll send you a new one. Send back yours in the box." The new one comes in & use the postage prepaid address label that will be in the box. The replacement didn't work either, so I got another cost free replacement. Also an excellent shaver, much superior to Norelco.

I purchased a razor that was defective at Walmart and emailed the company in reference to that. They responded in a short amount of time and gave me no problems. I shipped the defective razor and was issued a new one. It works perfect with no complaints. I am grateful and want to commend them on their good service. Keep it up Remington!!!

I haven't had this very long and now you have to keep it charging all the time. I also have a trimmer from another company that runs on 2 AA batteries that I have to change about once a year, so what's wrong with your shaver??? I do admit I like how close your trimmer gets my beard and mustache. Fix it....

I just can't understand why these shavers keep getting worse. The oldest one I have is the best. I keep it in my camper and it sounds like a lawn mower now, but it gets the hair off of my legs. The new one is practically useless. I use it dry, being unable to lean and bend to shave in the shower. It takes forever to get a portion of the hair off of my legs! Was hoping to speak with someone at the company to see if they had any answers.

I purchased a Remington PG520 groomer kit and within two weeks, the plastic attachment split on me. I called Remington asking for them just to replace the piece and was told that they only ensure that the buzzer itself works. I asked, "If I opened up the package and any piece other than the buzzer was broken, you wouldn't replace it?" The rep said, "That is correct. We only guarantee the buzzer turns on."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Remington?

I was shaving my legs with a Remington ladies wet/dry shaver. I finished the right leg and went to the left leg. Suddenly, I felt this awful pain and both of my legs started bleeding. It took me awhile for the bleed to stop and my legs burned with heat. I looked at the razor and the protective screening over the razor blades was torn and cut my legs. I went to the emergency room and the doctor stated I had an infected wound to the right leg. They gave me instructions on how to care for an acute wound.

I have numerous scratches on both legs. My right leg/ankle is swollen with fluid twice the size of my left leg. It is hot and painful. I am on Sulfameth/Trimethoprim 800/160 tabs 2xdaily for 10 days. I fear severe scarring. I have photos of my legs and the broken screening on my razor. Please advise what I should do.

I received the Remington hgx-1 shaver for Christmas. I have ordered replacement heads for $9.98. Was told yesterday Remington doesn't carry them anymore and to go through Amazon. Amazon wants $24.98 for the same product heads!

Got the shaver for Christmas. It pulled hair rather than cut it. It hurt. I had thrown the packaging away and never did get the receipt but I liked it and bought another. It did the same thing so I complained to Remington who was no help getting me a refund. I think they owe me one- original packaging, receipt or not. Disgruntled over receiving a brand-new, dull product.

Remington Shavers Company Profile