2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

out of business
 4.4/5 (13 ratings)

About Reliable Home Warranty

Reliable Home Warranty sells warranty plans that help make repair and replacement costs for home appliances and systems more affordable. Its two main plans cover a mix of items and systems, while its optional coverage package includes most of the extras homeowners tend to want. The company has a 30-day money-back guarantee and allows homeowners to transfer policies to a new home or homeowner.

Pros

• Free warranty transfers
  • 24/7 claims department
  • Complete optional coverage package

Cons

• No online pricing or instant quotes
  • Can’t select your contractor

Bottom Line

Reliable Home Warranty has solid coverage under its two main plans and offers optional coverage as add-ons. However, its prices aren’t listed online, and homeowners can’t choose their contractors.

About Reliable Home Warranty

Reliable Home Warranty helps homeowners cover repairs or replacements of major appliances and systems that break down from age and normal use.

When a covered item breaks, simply call or contact the company’s claim department, which is open 24/7. Reliable Home Warranty uses its network of professionals to assign a technician in your area to come to your home. From there, the technician fixes the problem, and you pay the service call fee specified in your contract.

You can fill in your information on the company’s website to get a free quote. Reliable Home Warranty then contacts you with pricing information. Your coverage starts 30 days after you enroll. You can cancel or transfer your warranty to a different home or homeowner at any time.

Reliable Home Warranty plans

Reliable Home Warranty has two main protection plans and an optional coverage package. These plans include a mix of appliance and systems coverage; the company doesn’t sell any appliance-only or systems-only warranty plans.

Here’s what’s covered under each plan:

Standard
  • Dishwasher
  • Garage door opener
  • Ceiling fan
Preferred
Preferred has everything under the Standard plan, plus:
  • Air conditioning
  • Septic system
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Limited roof leak
  • Stand-alone ice maker

Many home warranty companies have dollar limits for each item. These limits are typically the maximum the home warranty company will pay for covered repairs and replacement per contract period. Reliable Home Warranty sets its liability limits at:

• $2,000 for air conditioner and heater equipment
  • $500 for appliances, plumbing and electrical
  • $400 for additional coverage options

Reliable Home Warranty cost

Reliable Home Warranty doesn’t display its prices online, and you can’t get an instant quote on the website. For most home warranties, you might expect to pay between $200 and $1,700 per year. Service call fees typically range from $75 to $125. Your ultimate costs depend on your coverage levels, home size, service call fee and any add-on coverage you select.

If you change your mind once you get one of Reliable Home Warranty's plans, you can cancel within the first 30 days for a full refund — but only if you haven’t had any services done or repairs made. Otherwise, you’ll receive a prorated refund based on the time the program was in effect.  If you cancel after 30 days, you also get a prorated refund, minus a $50 administrative fee and any authorized repair costs paid by the company.

Reliable Home Warranty FAQ

When does coverage begin on my Reliable Home Warranty plan?
Coverage begins 30 days after you enroll.
Can I choose my own contractor with Reliable Home Warranty?
No. The company assigns you a service contractor within its network.
Do I need to get a home inspection to purchase a Reliable Home Warranty plan?
No. Reliable Home Warranty doesn’t require an inspection to sign up, but it does say it’s a good idea to ensure all systems and items are working well.
What is Reliable Home Warranty’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel or transfer your warranty to a new home or homeowner at any point during your contract. If you cancel, Reliable Home Warranty refunds you a prorated amount for the unused months.

Is Reliable Home Warranty worth it?

Reliable Home Warranty covers a good number of appliances and systems under its plans, though other home warranties are more comprehensive and may let you choose your contractor. It’s also hard to judge the company’s value for its services since it doesn’t readily provide pricing information. Reliable Home Warranty may be a good fit if you want a convenient optional package rather than choosing add-ons a la carte.

Reliable Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reliable Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reliable Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Mr. Jeff ** was very professional, clear and precise. He did not overwhelm me with useless information or things I did not want or hadn't any use for. As a retired Veteran I really appreciated his professionalism. So a great Big Thanks for his/your outstanding customer service skills.

Have a wonderful day,

Inova

Pronounced: I nauh VA.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Jeff was easy to talk with and very patient with all my questions. I like that he is well informed and not pushy. His confidence in his product is expressed clearly. I Purchased a 2 year policy from him and then when my son said he needed a plan for his home I called Jeff to handle that plan.

FZ

Original review: July 16, 2021

I am very happy with how the staff at Reliable Home Warranty handled everything for me. We purchased the home warranty had a repair that was needed and it was taken care of. They even reached out to me later on to make sure I was 100% happy with the service and how it was handled.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Best staff I have ever dealt with at a company. They made sure I was taken care of 100% and I was happy with everything. I really like the company and the people who work at Reliable Home Warranty. They were the best choice for our Home Warranty Program.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I love Reliable Home Warranty, Everything is always so easy and painless. We have been with them for a while now and we have never had any issues at all. The customer service is always excellent and we have always been taken care of. We love how straightforward they are compared to some other companies we have talked to also.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I have been trying for 8 days to get someone to answer the phone in the service department. I get voicemail every time. I leave a message and NO ONE has called me back. I got a real live person after hours on Wednesday, he said he would put a rush on them calling me back cuz it’s a hot water tank issue. But like I said NO CALL back… I even called my sales person and he never called me back, this is absolutely unacceptable!! Do not waste your money on this company.

I feel like a fool, I read all the great reviews, they must be fake!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I really wish I would be writing a positive review for Reliable Home Warranty. I had an awesome experience with the salespeople, no complaints there. However, after the waiting period, my A/C stopped cooling on a Wed night so I called to file a claim first thing Thurs morning. I was told to e-mail photos of the A/C unit model so they'd have as much info about the unit as possible. I did, & then didn't hear anything for two days. On the second day, which was a Sat, I called to get a claim status. I was told nobody was there on the weekend and somebody would call me Monday.

Come Monday, I'm having issues with my phone so I call from my husband's phone to provide them with a good number where I can be reached but kept being sent to voicemail. I left multiple voice messages to sales and claims dept from Mon - Thurs & have sent emails but haven't rec'd a single call back or email. This is the last thing I want to be dealing with in 100+ degree Cali heat. At this point, I just want my money back... & not prorated either.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Awesome home warranty company and I would easily recommend them to others that want a good home warranty company. When I talked to the customer service they easily helped me with what I needed. I am happy that I can fully understand the warranty plan versus other companies.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Jeff answered all my questions and some I had not considered. The price quoted after special discounts for veteran status, AARP and a three year membership sign up made the offer impossible to turn down.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Very good home warranty company & amazing staff. Everything was explained to us in detail and they made sure all of our concerns were answered promptly. I would easily recommend Reliable Home Warranty to any of my friends looking for a home warranty company as well.

Original review: July 8, 2021

We love being with Reliable Home Warranty, awesome company to use for home warranty. I would easily recommend them to all my friends and family. The staff was super kind and helpful with us getting a home warranty and answering all questions we had.

Original review: July 4, 2021

We are very happy with the warranty coverage that Reliable Home Warranty was able to provide us. I would recommend them to our friends that are looking for a home warranty company also. I think they are an honest and very straightforward company to be dealing with.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Awesome customer service always and we love using Reliable Home Warranty. Everything was explained to us and we are happy we made the choice on going with them. I would hands down recommend them to all of our family and friends.

Reliable Home Warranty Company Information