Regency Appliances

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a Regency VSA 300 Dishwasher and have never been satisfied. I spoke to customer service on several occasions. The rep advised me to increase the water pressure and instructed me how to do so. I did and it did not help. The next time, I was told not to use excess detergent. I varied the amount of detergent, and tried both powder and liquid and it did not help. I tried cleaning the filters more often, to no avail. Several of the dishes do not come out clean, sometimes so many that it is not worth running the appliance. I cannot run the dry mode because it produces an odor of something burning and I have to shut it off.

Well, I am most surprised to read of the unhappy consumers of the Regency dishwasher. I have had a Regency VSA 750 for 12 years and as I have a bed and breakfast, this wonderful dishwasher has performed remarkably through approximately 3 dishwasher per day! While I have had to replace the wheels on the sliding trays (which is rather insignificant), the washer keeps going and going. Could it be that 12 years ago, the washer was manufactured in a different part of the world? Well, all I know is it's doing its job day after day and passes the county hot water requirements of 172 degrees each inspection!

We bought a Regency VSA Dish Washer for $850.00. Three cockroaches got together in the control panel and according to the repairman, burnt it. We are told that a new control panel is required. The phone number we got from the internet does not work. We are trying to get the Australian Co. Phone to get this spare part. Can you help us to locate their number and forward our complaint to them? The dish washer does not work for the last two months. We do not want to spend on a new DW. We are washing dishes with hand - frustrated and not knowing whom to reach for help!

I purchased my Regency dishwasher in the latter part of 1999. In November 2000, I started the dishwasher and left. When I returned several hours later, my house smelled of smoke. I walked around and determined that it was our dishwasher. It had caught on fire. The knobs were covered with smoke and it was no longer working. I called Regency and they referred me to Lee's Appliances. I was told they were the only service provider who was close enough to assist me. They came out, 3 weeks later, after the Thanksgiving holiday and installed a "kit" that they say will fix the problem. Then, again in November 2001, again right before Thanksgiving, our dishwasher breaks again. This time, there was no smoke, but the appliance simply stopped in the middle of a load. Again, I was referred to Lee's Appliances. I am still waiting for my scheduled appointment.

I bought all new appliances from a local distributor. Chose Maytag and was told to get a Regency VSA dishwasher instead. Which I did. I paid a lot of money for it and expected it to last more than 2 years. I purchased it on June 4, 1999. On May 16 2001 the dishwasher was running and smoke started to billow out from the handle. I shut it down and checked to see if something plastic was burning, which it wasn't.

The next day I called the local distributor and they sent someone to come and see it and they told me that the company (Regency) had a defect in the product and was making a "kit" to replace it. Something with the wiring and the timer. They ordered the part from Regency on May 21 (ish) and as of this date it is on backorder!

I called them again (on June 7)and they said the Regency told them it would take another 4-6 weeks. (I had already been waiting for 3 weeks). I then called Regency and spoke to someone named Carl. He told me that the part was in stock in their factory in Australia and it usually takes 2-3 days to deliver. Today, June 15, I called Regency again to see what the status was and spoke to John. He told me it was too late because it was already Saturday and they couldn't get an answer from Australia. When I asked him why I wasn't contacted earlier than this, he said he didn't know. I then asked him if this was how Regency did business and he said "I guess so!"

I am not a happy camper. I bought this dishwasher in good faith from a local distributor with a good reputation and continue to get the run-around. I can't believe that a consumer buys an appliance and it will be out of commission for 2 months when the fault is the manufacturer! Faulty part, they (Carl) admitted that to me in our conversation. BUT ... I am the one who is sitting on a non-usable appliance! While everyone else passes the buck! Do I have any recourse or am I just stuck with this situation and have no alternative but to wait the 2 months for the repaired part?

I paid $600 plus installation for a high end dishwasher. My house is now messier than it was with washing and drying the dishes by hand. It may sound trivial but I pay $13.00 per week for a manicure which is ruined because I have to wash them by hand. I do not get to spend as much time with my family as I should. After all, I paid for that luxury and am not getting it. I would just as soon have them take it back and give me a Maytag, which is what I asked for in the first place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regency Appliances?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Regency Appliances Company Profile