4.7/5 (424 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: March 8, 2014

We have Rainsoft system for like 15 years now. We're pretty satisfied with it. We upgraded it to the new system. They were very good in installing it. They provided very good service, very good technical support and very good customer support.

Original review: March 7, 2014

The salesman of Rainsoft was a very nice man. It was a nice experience. They were very thorough and explained everything well and put everything in well. I would recommend Rainsoft.

Original review: March 6, 2014

Rainsoft's product is great. I love the water. But when it comes to installation, the installer wasn't so pleasant. He complained of not feeling good so he wasn't the nicest to deal with.

Original review: March 5, 2014

We're very happy with RainSoft. It was a week last Thursday evening when it got cranked up. The guy that did the work, Kelly, did a real nice and neat job.

Original review: March 4, 2014

We currently have half of the RainSoft system installed. The under the sink one is installed. I’m doing a bunch of renovations around the house so we’re in the middle of projects, but all the water coming out of our sink and refrigerator is through the reverse osmosis system, and we see a difference in the water. Our ice cubes are clear. I’m very happy with it. The sales guy was absolutely wonderful and they actually were probably one of the better installers I've ever let do anything in my home. The experience was satisfyingly painless.

Original review: March 3, 2014

I would recommend RainSoft. The water is really nice and soft now. I'm hoping it's clean and we've enjoyed having soft skin again.

Original review: March 2, 2014

A RainSoft salesman showed up at my door. It was made by appointment, but I didn't know that it's what I was getting into so it was slightly deceptive. I knew it was a water test and I was clear there was going to be a pitch, but he wasn't completely upfront but I don't blame the guy. You got to get in the door. The installation team was great. The water is definitely improved. I got the complete package with the air filtration system as well, and that's not in yet and it's been a little while. In fact, I called the local RainSoft people two days ago and asked them and he said the order was put in on the 4th, which I don't remember when everything else got installed, but I think it was before that. There is some type of delay from when they installed the water stuff to when they actually ordered the filter for the A/C system. I've already got the bill so I would like for the whole system to be going and it's a little frustrating.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

In my repeated dealings with Pure Water Inc of Huntsville - operated by Randy Williams, I can say absolutely that they are fabulous to work with. Randy is a consummate professional. In an industry that has incredibly high turnover, Randy's personnel are always consistent and bring with them a positive attitude and seem to always go the extra mile to ensure their customers are happy and satisfied. The product - Rainsoft - is excellent for me and my household. My water taste better, my kids are healthier now as they drink more water and less of the soft drinks. Randy's personnel are polite, professional, they follow-up with you on anything they say they will. They answer all of your questions.

The value of the product is excellent and I was able to determine this after I did a side by side comparison of two other local competitors. He was referred to me by one of my neighbors, and I am happy to have referred Randy and Pure Water Inc to several of my friends and in each circumstance their experience has also been exceptional. Whenever you need assistance, they answer and return your calls promptly and simply are always on the ball. Randy is a distributor of a great product however he is an even better person committed to your happiness.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

We had just moved into a house in Arizona and the water is very hard. We knew we were going to have to get something in the house. A Rainsoft representative called us and we scheduled an appointment. The salesman was knowledgeable. It went very well and we ended up buying. They came quickly and did everything correctly. We didn't have any problems afterwards. Everything was fine. As far as the product is concerned, it's hard to tell. You're just assuming that the water you're drinking is healthier...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2014

I would recommend Rainsoft to friends. The presentation was great. The follow-up was fantastic. The only problem I had was the way the price was presented. Instead of just having a price, they were negotiating with you, trying to get the most money they can. They kept dropping the price to about what I really wanted to spend. Other than that, we're very happy with the product.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

I had hard water with a lot of minerals in it and had heard about Rainsoft over the years. They were very professional and did an excellent job. Since having the system installed the clothes are cleaner.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2014

My parents had a RainSoft system. I liked their water but I could never afford it. I hated the water in Melbourne when we moved back here. We've been in this house for 17 years and I just can't take the smell of the water anymore. We had a little extra money so I made the appointment. My husband didn't want to but I told him we could just listen to what they had to say. When he saw all the crap in our water, he agreed to do it. Within a week we could see the difference in the water. And we have an old water heater that's 17 years old, but we know we can see the difference in the water.

The shower is clear glass and you can see the difference there too. I'm glad I got a new water system and I can use less soap now. It takes a while to get used to it. I would give them 5 stars except they didn't bring the 72 bars of oatmeal soap they promised us because we paid cash. We've talked to four different people about it and we still don't have it. It's starting to get annoying.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2014

I've had RainSoft's water softening for the last 15 years or so. There was a problem with that and we had to fix, so that's why I called the agent. They fixed at our place here. A very pleasant experience. The customer service is really good.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

We were at one of those home shows and the RainSoft representative, Cindy, asked if we wanted to have our water tested and I thought it sounded like a good idea. We had talked about doing it at some point down the road a long time ago. She came out and her demonstration was so good. I got grossed out by other people's water. When she was done with the presentation, we just said yes, we'd like to have this water system. She was fantastic. The installation was really good and fine. They did do something wrong or incorrect. It was a minor thing, something about missing a pipe. They came back in and fixed it and it was good. I would recommend.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2014

I know that our water is so contaminated. My husband heard about RainSoft from a rep that came around. He was marvelous, excellent and professional. We had a RainSoft system installed. Our experience was very pleasant and educational. My skin seems to be different, and I use less soap.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

The RainSoft people were real professionals and did a very good job. They were nice. And since having the system installed, the dishes are all clean when they come out of the dishwater and there is no cloudy water.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

Somebody called me because I just purchased the house. I bought RainSoft's water softener. The sales rep was really good. He was very straightforward, did the test and was helpful. The installation team was awesome. They had actually messed up on it, but it wasn't their fault. They just couldn't get the plans of the house right. And so, he went to the store, got more supplies and went above and beyond what he could have done. He could have just still installed it, but it would have been kind of a half done job. I was really impressed with the quality and fast service and everything.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2014

I think RainSoft’s system sucks. I am not happy with it. Everything I was told about the system when I got it is false. I tried to get them to call me. He won’t call me back. He called me whenever he wanted me to buy the system. But now after I got the system, he don’t want to return my phone calls. The damn system is going to come out, whether they like it or not. They won't come out and do the system like they told me they would. My husband goes out and does their job, and then they get paid for it?

I've had frozen water this year and I've never had that. They promised me that it would not. I said, “That’s my main concern.” And he told me it would not freeze. Well, the low water, it froze three days. I was here without water for three days. I had to go everywhere else to take my bath. I work for a living. And you think I was happy about it? I called those people and big deal! You bought the system. It’s your baby.

I didn't like that attitude. I do not want the system. I want the system taken out. And the system would have been taken out if they would have answered their freakin’ phone. And the guy that’s here now, he said he has the same issue. Every time he tries to call the office, they never answer the phone. So hello, people who work for them are even having the issue. And then when you cook, my water was so hard and you have that white foamy crap. He told me when the system was in there, you wouldn't have that. I can't get them to take it out. Because they said my three days was up. Well, yeah. They don't answer the damn phone.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

We contacted the customer's authorized RainSoft dealer to resolve her concerns with her RainSoft water treatment system.

The customer had never had problems with frozen pipes underneath their mobile home until this year's abnormally cold winter. Despite the fact that her system had been installed utilizing an insulated enclosure, freezing did occur. Their dealer is working with them to determine how best to prevent this problem from reoccurring.

We appreciate that the customer worked together with our local dealer to find a solution to her concerns.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

I was in Home Depot and RainSoft approached me about doing a water quality test. And after they came out and did it, then I was like “My water’s gross,” and I wanted to install the system. My experience with the sales representative and the installation team was good. They were courteous, knowledgeable, and explained the process to me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2014

The RainSoft salesman was very informative. I found the company on the internet and I called them. The price was decent and comparative with other prices. Everything went fine with the installation and they did a professional job. It was a nice experience. It's a reliable company and I will use it again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2014

RainSoft repaired my old unit by giving me the upgraded control panel board and the new system is working very well. Their sales rep was kind, well-informed and dependable, and install team got it done quickly.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

Actually, I was surprised when RainSoft showed up at the door and called up to come and test the water. I was approached at the Home Depot with somebody who asked me a few questions about water filters. They didn't mention anything about the whole system. The installation team was okay and they did whatever was supposed to be done. What I was surprised at was the price. I didn't expect it to be that high and I wasn't happy with it.

If they can do anything, they have to be comparable with what's going on in the market. They don't give you enough time to think about what's involved. They sort of put you in a spot to make a decision right away, which I didn't find was the right thing to do. But besides that, I'm happy with the system. I think they should give the consumer enough time to make up his mind and think about it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

I do plumbing work so I’ve known RainSoft for a while. I got tired of the rust stains on my plumbing fixtures. Both experiences were very good. They were courteous, helpful and explained everything. After having it installed, it’s no longer leaving stains on my fixtures. They lived up to my standards.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2014

They replaced my water system with a newer one. I had used Rainsoft in 2001, so I was already a customer. I had a chlorinator and it was always a problem because pumps won’t last long with well water that have a lot of minerals in them so it was time for me to have to replace the pump and the chlorinator. With the new system it has an oxygenator and it doesn't have a pump, so I don’t have to fool with that. All that Clorox, all that mess is gone. All I have to do is just enjoy my water. It’s terrific! They were on time, efficient, and were helpful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

I had a water system and it wasn't working. I got a RainSoft through Anderson Water Systems in Rochester which put it in. They were very good. They put everything in just fine. It was quick, easy and no problem.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

We enjoy our RainSoft water softener. We first heard about it as a promotional at Lowe’s Home and Garden and we were more motivated by the $20 gift card. We had a nice salesman, and we knew we needed it. However, the first installers made a sloppy job of the installation. We were very, very unhappy and they had to come out two more times to correct that error. One of their errors is something that nobody has offered to correct, so we live with it unfortunately. The first installers installed the filtering system very incorrectly and didn't give us enough information. They failed to tell us how to get our ice back up to speed. The follow up installers did a good job.

It would be nice if they just spent more time and explain things. If somebody could inform the consumer of what they’re really getting and the differences in the water flow and other things, they wouldn't have dissatisfied customers. They need to inform before they perform. I had to learn how to add the salt through trial and error. I've read the manual three times and made a chart on how much salt to use and when to add it. Nobody wants to try things out on a $6000 unit. Also, they should not put the customer in the hands of subcontractors that are inexperienced.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2014

I was at Home Depot and a guy approached me. And then, I got a phone call saying that I could get a water test. They came and they tested the water, and then they sold me the RainSoft system. The sales rep was great. The installation team was very good as well. They wouldn't even let me tip them. It was a very good experience.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2014

We purchased the RainSoft water filter, the one that goes under the sink. We had heard about it through Home Depot. There was this test that they showed us about how hard our water was. It made us decide to install it. The water is cleaner and we can drink water from the faucet which we don't do before. It was very informative and the tests were good.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2014

We got the whole system from RainSoft. Everything was okay and fine. Right now we're having a little problem. When the water thing is on, the water pressure goes up and down. I don't know if it's normal or not. The gentleman said that he would give us a call in a week and then somebody can take it out. One thing I will recommend is the person who installed it. She was fantastic people-person, she answered every question; in fact, she shocked me when she showed up because I figured some guy would show up. She was absolutely superb. She did everything the way it was supposed to be done,took me through and showed me all the different things about it. I didn't like the fact that they didn't keep me informed of certain things like when they would be here.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2014

I got a thing in the mail saying to fill a survey out and I'll get a $20 gift card, and then someone from RainSoft called and said they were the ones that sent them out and wanted to do a test of our water. After seeing and knowing how much chlorine I get in my water, I decided I needed something done and bought their water system. They were very professional and very courteous. When I take a bath, I can definitely notice the difference in our water. I'm having a slight problem with the one system that goes underneath my sink and they're addressing the issue.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information