4.7/5 (380 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2014

We had a RainSoft water softener that was broken, so we replaced it with a new one. The installation team was great. They were quick, fast, and were in and out. They were good and efficient. You could tell the difference in the water when the old one wasn't working.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2014

We decided to install a water system because we moved to a new area and the water is just awful. The install took longer than what we anticipated. We thought it was going to be quicker. It took a while but it wasn't a bad experience. And then the sales guy was nice as well. We can feel and taste a difference in the water.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2014

I purchased a water purification system from them because of the longevity that they’ve been in business and the perceived quality of the total process. The people were fantastic. The installation guy was the best part about the whole process - he was phenomenal. I actually had a little bit of an issue that I had to call customer service about and they were easy to get a hold of and solved the problem right away. Excellent from beginning to end.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2014

My in-laws had RainSoft system. A salesman came by and let us know what's going on with it. He was really good. The installation guy was awesome. I can tell a difference in the water one hundred percent - both in taste and feel. All around great experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2014

I have the water softener and air purification system. The sales representative was great. The installer that installed the water was on time. The guy that installed the air purifier was a different guy because the other one didn't show up. It was all right. I didn't get the paperwork as the installer accidentally picked up the paperwork, laid it on my file that he was going to give me and took it with him. The water feels and tastes a whole lot better. I already recommended it to a friend. I like it. It's good and the water is great. Even the soap is great. I love the scented lotion and the shampoo and the oatmeal soap. The one thing that doesn't work is the dishwashing soap. Other than that, everything else was fine.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2014

Somebody from Home Depot called about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems and then somebody came to the door. The guy that installed the RainSoft system did a great job. He was very polite. He actually talked to my husband more because my husband understands better than I do that sort of thing. The water is now softer and my sister said, "What happened to the water? It tastes better."

Original review: Jan. 5, 2014

We got the RainSoft water softener and can tell there is a difference in the water since. I feel softer. I'm using less detergent and shampoo. I'm not even using conditioner in my hair and I have to. My hair is very coarse and very curly. Used to be that I had to use conditioner to get all the knots out of my hair. And I use a dime size of shampoo now and that's all I use for my hair. We're using a lot less laundry soap. I'm still using Downy even though they said we didn't need to but I like the smell of Downy. The guy that installed it, Joe, was great. He explained everything really clearly and well and did a great job. Jason was our salesperson and he did a great job, too. We're very pleased with both of them. I've talked to my niece and she's thinking about it. I would recommend Joe to go to any of my friends that are interested because he explained everything clearly at least two or three times, answered all our questions, made sure everything was running properly before he left. Overall, it was a great experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2014

He thought the water here was hard. He took it into Home Depot to be tested. And of course, they confirmed it and we had a representative come out and do the presentation. And that pretty much sealed the deal with RainSoft. Installation went very well too. Very professional and very accommodating as to where we needed the unit to be placed. They were very good.

The water feels differently. When you wash your hands and you have that smooth soap on your hands when you're lathering, well that feeling stays. It always has that softness. And of course, the odor is gone and the taste is just so noticeably different. You can also taste it in coffee. Clothing, less laundry detergent. All the positive things we've experienced.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2014

I was contacted by RainSoft to get a free home test for our water so I learned about them. Upon installation they had a hard time finding where the water is coming into the house because we've only lived here for about two and a half weeks now. That was a long process and they were very courteous and worked really hard. And I felt so sorry for the guys but they stayed with it until it was done. I can see the difference in feel and taste of the water after it was installed.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2014

Our appliances were all stopped up from buildup from our water so we got the water system from RainSoft. Their people were okay and there is a difference in both the feel and taste of the water. It is nice.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2014

I’ve known about RainSoft for 10 or 11 years. I had RainSoft water softener before and it died, so I went back and bought another one. Everything was excellent and went well.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2014

I went to Home Depot to buy some tiles, and a RainSoft lady asked me about the quality of my water, which has been a big concern to me for a while. They call me, and I tell them to come. Experience was shocking but awesome, I knew the water was bad but didn't have the testers. The installers came in the same day, a couple of hours after the guy left with the testing stuff. They set it up and explained everything. It was fast and clean, nothing to complain there and you can tell the difference in the water.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2014

I went at Home Depot. I came out with a water test and that's what made me get RainSoft. The salesman was pretty good. It wasn't bad at all. Overall, it was a good experience. I surely can see a difference in the water.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2014

RainSoft seems to be a very good water softening system that come with a very good warranty and hopefully, will prove to be worth the extra cost to have. We took a brief survey in Home Depot and the followup item was an in-home water test with their salesperson. And he did a good job and we decided that we would go ahead and purchase one. The installation team did a very good job. It didn't take long. Since having the system installed, we could tell a difference in the taste and feel of the water and it is not leaving stains on our shower and toilet.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2014

We got the water softener from RainSoft. I first heard about it from my daughter. She and her husband had a sales rep come out and then we asked the sales rep, called him, and asked him to come out and he did a demo. The principle and the concept sound logical and so we went ahead and purchased one as well. There is a difference in the water system in the house but I don't feel it so much. It's not like the demonstration. When the sales rep came in and demonstrated it, you know there was clear distinction. What I'm getting in terms of product out of the faucets and sinks around the house doesn't feel anything like that.

The installation didn't go so well. They didn't show up when they said they were going to. It took multiple inquiries and telephone calls to include the business owner in the local area. They came out and installed it incorrectly. Somehow they tapped in just the hot water line. They had to come back and completely redo the system, bypassing what was in the house. They probably could have done a little better job figuring out ahead of time what they needed to do. They were winging it. They came in and ran a drain line through an exterior wall from the garage to the interior of the house through a utility room and did not complete the project. I got a hole with a line stuck through it on the inside of the house. It doesn't look very professional. The guy that was working in there had something in his pocket and scratched the wall along that side as he was maneuvering between the washing machine and where he needed to get to install this drain line. They were supposed to send someone back out here to do the dry wall in the garage, to repair the damage that they caused for cutting into the wall and that hasn't happened. From an installation perspective, timing, quality workmanship and overall satisfaction is marginal.

I expected over the life of this product to see clear benefit. I was a bit surprised after it was installed to find out about all the cost, the operation, and sustainment cost over the period of time. The sales rep didn't volunteer that information. Had I understood the system in more detail, I probably could have figured out that there is a cost of operations and sustainment cost. The maintenance every year the filter and cleaning... That's another couple of $100 a year that I'm going to have to invest in this product that wasn't brought to my attention right up front.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2014

I went through Home Depot and RainSoft made an inquiry and I answered a couple of questions. They went to visit us and convinced me of the quality of the water. And I like it. There is a difference in the water, in the taste and when you take a bath. When I wash in the sink and everything, it shines. It doesn't get the water things. I'm not drinking water from the filter. After I paid the softener, we're planning to get the one that goes under the sink.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2014

I got the water softener from RainSoft. Home Depot informed me about it and they did some tests over here. So based upon that, I decided to purchase it. The water is definitely better after the installation. It doesn't have that chlorine and ammonia taste in it. It’s tasteless basically. I think it's good.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2014

I saw RainSoft at Home Depot. I was looking for a water softener at the time so I just stopped at the table they're at, answered a few questions and they came out and tested the water. It evolved from there. The sales representative was very nice and the installation, too, was good. I had to do some persuading because I wanted it to be installed in the garage and that's what we had discussed with the sales agent, too. He wanted to install it outside, obviously to avoid some work. But we managed to do it. And now the water is clean.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2014

I've been with RainSoft for five years. I love the company. The water softening service was here when I bought the home. All I did was continue with the same company that was here already. I have never had a problem with the people at RainSoft. They always show up on time. The kids that they send around to do the work are real gentlemen. The people in the office are perfect. I have never, ever had a problem with them. They just installed a thousand-dollar remake of my downstairs because it was kind of antiquated. And I'm totally satisfied with the company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2013

RainSoft has great people. They've done a great job for us for years, made different projects. It is top-shelf. After they installed the system I can tell a difference in the water. It has greatly improved. He understood we're having difficulty, he responded quickly and he took care of the problem I was having.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2013

We were already considering doing it and we got a call from a program they were doing. The sales reps were both awesome. They have very good personality, very professional and use the products very well. I enjoyed their company. We bought RainSoft's water softener. I can already feel the difference in the water when I take a bath and wash my hands.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2013

Getting a water softener for the house was one of the things on my to-do list. So when I ran across a Rainsoft rep at Home Depot, I made an appointment and now I got a water softener and an air purification system. The sales rep was pretty good and the installation team was pretty cool. They explained the system and left the work area clean. Everything was explanatory and with no complications at all. I’d recommend Rainsoft to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2013

I am a satisfied customer of RainSoft. I can tell a difference in both the taste in the water and also just how it feels when washing the hands or a shower. The people at RainSoft were nice and informative, and they did a fine job installing and explaining how everything worked. It was a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2013

I wanted a better tasting water and not having hard water spots on our dishes, so I bought this EC4 filtration from RainSoft. The sales representative was very knowledgeable and very helpful. The installers did a very good job. It was installed pretty fast and we enjoy the water. I’m very pleased with the product!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2013

We were offered a Restaurant.com gift card at Home Depot to listen to a Rainsoft presentation. We really hadn’t planned to buy at all and was just there for the gift card, but when we’ve seen how awful our water was, it made us think what we’re putting in our body. So we reconsidered and bought a water softener from them. It was a pleasant experience and we think Rainsoft is definitely something for everyone to consider.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2013

I've had a water system before prior to my house and my mom's never had well water so I was the one who told her about it. It's a first time experience so I figured go with people you know. I haven't been to the house since. I was there when it got installed. She has told me the difference in the water is pretty good. Everything was great with the sales representative and installation team. The gentleman was great.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2013

My grandfather had RainSoft and he told us about it. We purchased the one for the house, the filter, and also for the sink upstairs, drinking water. The installer was good. He was in and out very fast. We feel our skin is a little bit more soft… It definitely feels better! It feels different from regular water. I definitely recommended RainSoft even to where I work, to all my colleagues, and they’re interested.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2013

My boyfriend was trying to get to the bottom of why I kept itching with our laundry. RainSoft was doing free water tests with signing up. He says, "Well, maybe we could do a water test and figure out if it's the water in our washing machine." Because we were using a soap that he's used before when he lived at his parent's place and he's laundered some of my laundry there and I never had a problem there. His parents have a water softener system. The salesmen who came weren't pushy which I liked a lot of because I don't like pushy salespeople. I know that they work on commission. I understand that but when you push, it tends to drive more away. And the installation guy was very helpful and very demonstrative. He double checked everything before he left. I was very pleased with it. We got the water filtration system for the sink right now but we're looking into getting the other ones later on.

Even our friends could tell a difference because a friend of my boyfriend drinks a lot of water. He noticed a difference from the house he lives in to our water since we had the system. I've noticed the difference. I've been drinking a lot of it. I was pretty impressed with RainSoft with how they did it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

RainSoft could be a little friendlier on the service end of it. But with the product, I’m happy with it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

RainSoft called me from Home Depot because I bought a washing machine. The sales representative was good. The installation was okay except one of the guys was not usually servicing. He mismeasured the filter. So I had to get another one. They did fix it eventually. I could tell a difference in the water, both the taste and the feel. It's very good, clean water. It just makes me feel like I'm living a healthier lifestyle.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information