Rainbow Appliance

Clifton, NJ

Out of Business

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Do not deal with this company. I ordered the AC unit and sleeve from them. They only delivered the sleeve, but had the front desk sign the papers looking like they delivered both units. When I called and said only one piece was received, they admitted the AC unit was left on the dock and I have voice mails from Rainbow and R&L. When I said, "it is too late, don't deliver the item," they said, "there will be a restocking fee." So, I contacted my cc company and disputed the charges. They responded and said, "nothing is missing, everything was delivered," and they showed the signed papers. Little did they know I called R&L, got the fax from them as a proof the AC unit was delivered back to Rainbow. I will try to seek fraudulent activity with the BBB.

Rainbow Appliance's Customer Service is horrible and needs of immediate improvement. Yes, their prices are completely lower than their competitors, but the quality of Customer Service diminishes those savings. I have been trying to get a tracking # on my Weber Grill and no one can seem to help me. Each CS representative is very short on the phone and act as if you, the customer, are bothering them every time you call. It's as if they are a one man shop. Unless you want to put up with a constant headache for the price savings, shop elsewhere! Let's hope I get my grill as specified and undamaged!

The worst company ever! I ordered a fridge 3 months ago and have not received it yet. I have been calling Rainbow Appliances everyday with no response.

I purchased a dehumidifier online and canceled my order the next day. They shipped my order anyway. I called and they say it was ok to send it back and they would give me a refund of $129.95 minus $12.00 for the shipping cost. I refused the FedEx shipment when it arrived and sent it back unopened. They have a record of the item back in their inventory and said they would refund me. I have been calling them every month now since Sept 2009 and still no refund. So not only am I out $129.95 but I also have no item. Here's a word of advice to all future customers of Rainbow Appliances. Do not buy anything from them!

I have bought a GE washer and dryer from Rainbow Appliance on Nov. 8, 2009. An invoice number is 329415. The washer was damaged upon arrival on Nov. 17. I called Rainbow customer service to inform them about the damage and had also sent picture of the damaged areas. There was an exchange of communication about the damage through email until the end of November, but there was no solution. Neither Rainbow Appliance nor R and L carrier is responsible for the damage. The washer was priced at $609. In addition, I have read many bad reviews on the Internet about Rainbow, so why are they still on business to rip off consumers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow Appliance?

I ordered a microwave from Rainbow Appliance via Paypal checkout. From the outset communication with this merchant left much to be desired; no order confirmation; no response to email inquiries to get an invoice. Rainbow Appliance shipped the microwave using an incomplete address even though the address provided by Paypal was correct. The microwave is now lost. I am still waiting for compensation or a replacement.

Last Monday, 3/12/07 I purchased, a Washer & Dryer combo from Rainbow Appliance. I would like to return the unused unit, following their return policy listed on their website*, but they will not accept it back, because it has been taken of the box. My argument is that I cannot deliver it in its original box, since I never received/saw it in the first place.

We ordered applicances through Rainbow and canceled the order 2 days later when told the items wouldn't be available. We were also told one of the items wasn't subject to a rebate. We ordered the items from another concern, and received the items and the full rebate.

A month later Rainbow attempts to fill the order, and ship the goods. We notified AEX that we had canceled the order. AEX sides with Rainbow who claimed it was a special order. We again went back thru AEX, and was told the same story. We explained to AEX The items we bought were everyday Kitchen Aid Appliances. There was no special Order. We are now on our third request with AEX, and to no avail.

Rainbow Appliance Company Profile