2. Homeowners
  3. Cookware Brands

3.9/5 (217 ratings)

About Rachael Ray Cookware

Rachael Ray Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

Original review: July 23, 2021

Over the past 5 years, I purchased 3 sets of Rachel Ray's cookware from Macy's, (Red, green, and purple), the very last set I bought (the purple color). On July 3rd, the large-size stock pot-cover exploded while boiling yams (the yams had not even started boiling when it happened). What a disaster! But glad it didn't get into my eyes, and to be honest, these pots are pretty and convenient but they have not been standing up to its claim. I wrote to both Rachael Ray and Mac's where I made these purchases but they never responded - it has been 4 weeks since. I wish I could attach a photo of it here for everyone to see. It's amazing how rich companies and entrepreneurs try to ignore complaints of small customers but still, we keep on buying into their products. I will not be promoting this cookware rather, I will be against purchasing it. What a horrifying experience!

Original review: July 21, 2021

After purchasing a set of the Rachael Ray Red Nonstick cookware my girlfriend said they would never last. I worked hard on keeping the Red part of the pans bright Red without black marks that would develop even though I used low heat. The pans are so thin the lowest heat is like high with standard pans. Anyways, when our niece arrived for a few months stayover, I schooled her on using the new pans meaning let them cool naturally before washing and use the soft scrub brush only. Her patience for keeping the Red part of the pan cleaned resulted in her putting two of the pans in the dishwasher. Even though all advertising says they are dishwasher safe, THEY ARE NOT. Now I have dull-looking faded color pans heading towards the garbage dump landfill. I have given up on trying to maintain the appearance of the pans which were bright red which excited me to buy them.

Sad to see businesswoman Rachael Ray allows false advertising, misrepresentation of a product with her name on it. The eye-catching bright colors and price points have made her millions. My girlfriend was right once again, "you get what you paid for" and I know that but thought better of Rachael believing she would not support a bad product. I also believe in what comes around, goes around. The bad reviews are mounting. I will look into the return policy before adding these to our landfill. One more thing, the outside coating does chip and get scratched very easily with daily use. Normal use should last longer than 6 months but again, the price point was like taking my girlfriend out to diner once. Save your money and take your spouse out to diner or invest in something that costs more money. Budget-friendly come with a short lifespan.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I purchased the Light Blue Shimmer Create cookware set 6 weeks ago. It will not bring water to a rolling boil, even after 25 minutes on a 'high' burner. I took spagetti 30 minutes more to cook and even then the outer surface of the strand was gummy and under-cooked. It never once came to a boil. It's not the stove, I home canned tomatoes with no problem this fall. The bottom of the pans is not a good conducter of heat. Very, very disappointing. They are lovely to look at, but not worth buying.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I bought this set of pot and pans a couple years ago in the orange color. They get hand washed and put in the dishwasher. I noticed something was leaving red stains on my dish towels. I realized it was from the pots and pans. It also leaves a red residue on the stove top too. I love to cook with these and don’t have the problems with the Teflon like some other people. However I am very disappointed in the way the color is coming off. I thought they would have lasted a little longer.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I purchased a set of Rachael Ray's cookware for a housewarming present for my daughter. I loved to look of the set so I purchased myself one. Boy are we both disappointed. You can’t even use a lid on a pot or pan without the coating getting scratched. We’ve only had them a few months and they look horrible. We’ve only used non metal utensils on them and the pots and pans are scratches. Now, I worry what my grandchildren and the rest of the family are ingesting from these awful pots and pans. I can’t believe she would want her name on something as cheap and possibly dangerous to consumers.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

The pots and pans are already chipping. Spent over $100.00 on this package. All I can say is that it's garbage and definitely not worth the money. Should have read the terrible reviews before purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Jan 2020 we purchased a new red cookware set. Shortly after, using only wood spoons, the inside of the pots/pans were scratched and gouged within only a few uses. Aug 2020 I saw the red finish chipping off in large amounts! I am astonished since I have barely used the pots and pans due to being severely sick for 5 months and unable to eat. We purchased the entire cookware set and the stock pot. I pulled out my receipt and called Target and their employees basically told us that their strict return policy was 90 days no matter what and the supervisor (apparently) said she didn't care if we never shopped with them again when I said I'd take my business elsewhere if this was not rectified.

Both Target and Rachael Ray Cookware need to reevaluate their policies and quality! Horrible. Now I'm reading other reviews of so many people who are experiencing what we have with the product and we should all be refunded by someone. How do we accomplish this? I'll be contacting Rachael Ray AND Target Corporate offices Monday!!! This is just bad business.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Most of the Pots have the inside coating chipping in pieces. Got these Pots about two years ago and use only plastic spoons. Very disappointed that these Pot can’t be used now due to health reasons. The coating could be hazardous to your health.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I use the smallest pan the most and the color has changed and I have not had the cookware not even a year and the other pans are okay. For now I only use the plastic cookware that’s needed for the pots and pans but I am not happy at all with the purchase for the price. I paid under a year ago 159 plus taxes and they are turning already. I purchase the gray color. I will not purchase anything I mean anything from her company again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I haven't had the pan for very long. I was going to fry some eggs, so I was heating up the pan on med low. The paint on the bottom of the pan stuck to the range glass top and the handles were too hot to handle. I pulled the pan off the cooktop and it broke the top. Now I not only need a new frying pan, I also need a new range.

Rachael Ray Cookware author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sporting the name of TV personality and chef Rachael Ray, the Rachael Ray Cookware collections can be found at most major retailers. Bright colors and fun accents are the cookware's hallmark.

• Colorful: When buying Rachael Ray products, consumers can choose cookware with a colorful exterior, or with colorful handles.

• Heat-resistant handles: The pots and pans of this cookware line are equipped with plastic handles that do not heat up with the cookware.

• Large product line: In addition to several cookware sets, the Rachael Ray Cookware also includes pieces such as a double-burner griddle, a griddle and glass press set and a butter warmer with a pour spout.

• Suction lids: While the cookware comes with a glass or stainless steel lid, suction lids can be purchased separately to allow leftovers to be stored safely.

Rachael Ray Cookware Company Information