This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
I washed my Pyrex pie plate and placed it in the dish rack. When I was emptying the rack I picked up the pie plate and it fell apart in my hand. I'm still finding pieces of it around the sink. Until I read everyone else's reviews I thought I had done something wrong, but now I realize that the product itself was defective. It hadn't even been in the oven, only used for breadcrumbs to dip chicken cutlets! Very surprised. I've always trusted Pyrex.
I was baking a squash in a Pyrex pan, which was placed in the oven after it began pre-heating to 375 degrees. Not less than ten minutes later I heard a loud explosion and I found the entire 9x13 pan had exploded. I had to buy a shop vac to clean it out as there was no safe way to clean it up otherwise. After many attempts at cleaning every nook and cranny I still can hear glass shards exploding when I try and bake, at which point I give up on using my oven and set aside more time for trying to find more tiny pieces of glass (and throw out whatever food I may have been trying to bake in my oven). Very disappointing that the amount of "thermal shock" this product is rated for is 99 degrees when it is SO COMMONLY USED IN THE OVEN. It is absurd, negligent, and dangerous. I shouldn't walk away from a kitchen product malfunction relieved that it only made my oven unusable and didn't blind or injure me.
I have only owned this pan for a few months and used it a maximum of half a dozen times. It has been well cared for, washed carefully, used properly, and it had no chips or cracks. Given the squash is not frozen or very liquid I presume that I was using this product as intended (and in the past I have used older, boro-silicate Pyrex to make squash in exactly this way without issue). I will no longer be purchasing products of any kind from Pyrex, regardless of whether I plan on using them for baking. I will strongly encourage friends and family to find a safe alternative to this brand.
My husband took the baking dish with our hamburgers out of the 375 degree oven to flip them over after eight minutes (burgers were room temperature, as was pan when we put it in the oven); as he was removing the pan from the oven, it exploded while he was holding the pan. He had not even got it fully out of the way of the oven door when we heard the very loud pop and it exploded around him. Thankfully, nothing exploded up into his eyes or face ~ hot grease and searing hot glass is not a recommended facial product. We are not throwing out anything Pyrex. Measuring cups, baking dishes. Pyrex is banned in our house as far as we are concerned. Him or our cats could have been seriously hurt from flying grease and hot glass.
This is the second time Pyrex has shattered, once the pan was just sitting in the cupboard, I went to reach for it and it was completely shattered. Today I took out a cherry dessert out of the refrigerator and went to cut a piece and the whole thing exploded all over my counter, floor everywhere small shards of glass, thank God it didn’t go into my eyes or face. Please everyone get rid of it before someone is seriously injured.
I had 2 Pyrex dishes in the oven. I removed one and placed it on the stove then removed the other as I reached over to turn off the oven. There was a loud pop. Both dishes shattered hundred taking 2 day to find and clean all up from under stove between cabinets.
- 2,105,785 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Dish exploded shortly after taking out of the oven and sitting on the counter. Glass flew all over the kitchen along with the food. I have other Pyrex containers that I am afraid to use. Dish was recently purchased. Had only been used a few times. I had just turned my back when it exploded or otherwise I would have a face full of glass.
My husband was making a tenderloin in the oven. Close to the time we were hoping to eat, there was a loud noise. Found out when he opened the oven that the Pyrex dish had exploded. Shards and small pieces of glass were all over the bottom of the oven. This was an older dish, thought that might have been the issue. Had to throw away an extremely large part of the tenderloin. Very disappointing. Will toss the rest of my Pyrex and use metal from now on. Would hate to have someone hurt by this. I asked the husband what the oven temperature was, he said 450. This is listed online as supposed to be okay. Obviously not!!!
I was hand washing the measuring cup in warm water after mixing something in it. It just exploded, cutting me in several places. I had not put it in the microwave or oven so not thermal shock. Item less than 6 months old.
This product needs to be banned. If the knee wall had not been there I would have been possibly killed. Got cuts in neck and arm and cleaning up one shard so sharp penetrated my shoe and got an infection from it. I have baked in Pyrex for years and never had an incident such as this. Bought this pie plate one year ago from Amazon. When I was defrauded of my home I lost my long-standing collection of Pyrex cookware and this was a replacement. I did not realize that the formulation had changed. All of it is going out in the trash. Broken up so no one retrieves it and it can't harm anyone else.
A Pyrex Bowl sitting upon a metal wire shelf in my kitchen just spontaneously exploded! I thought, “No way! How did this happen?” It fractured. Into hundreds upon hundreds of miniature pieces. This is not the usual breakage pattern customarily found in broken glass. It simply burst apart. How bizarre! The bowl had even been used. The air temperature in the kitchen was rising because the oven was on. I’m not sure if if cooler air passed across the exploding vessel, but it simply disintegrated. Very weird.
Pyrex Cookware Company Information
- Company Name:
- Pyrex Cookware