2. Homeowners
  3. Cookware Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Pyrex Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pyrex Cookware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pyrex Cookware?

Original review: May 7, 2020

Tonight was baking chicken breast in my Pyrex square cooking dish. When 45 minutes into a 1 hour bake the glass cooking dish shattered in hundreds of pieces... I have used this dish dozens of times before with no issue... Info: Dish was taken out of cabinet at room temperature. Sprayed with non stick PAM. Preheated oven to 400 degrees. Chicken breast were seasoned and placed in dish. 45 minutes into the bake I heard a loud noise coming from the oven. Investigating, I found the dish shattered and smoke rolling out due to food juices frying on the bottom of the oven. Could not trust food at this point and discarded it. I own approximately 8 other Pyrex baking dishes and have not experienced any issues with those. Pyrex is a good product at a fair price. Hope this was an isolated incident.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Always looks new. Modern style and oven safe. I spray with Pam and is nonstick. Dishwasher safe. Doesn't stain. I purchased over 15 years ago and I still have the full items and haven't had to replace a single item. Great for pot licks at my friends gathering. Can't be beat for durability. Price 15 years ago was a little high but I still have the complete set that I purchased 15 years ago. One more thing you can take it from the stove/oven to the dinner table and with a hot pad and place it for everyone to dig in!

Original review: April 14, 2020

Pyrex is great quality, very durable, does not stain and is great for many uses in the kitchen and for families. I love the versatility of the bowls for cooking, storing, and reheating and they do not break easily. They look the same as new after many uses.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Very strong glass quality that can withstand extreme hot to cold or vice versa temperatures. Plus seeing thru is super nice. And it lasts a lifetime and durability. The only problem is its heavy weight that I don't mind.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have to buy new lids way too often and I’m throwing away money, they crack and I wash them by hand not in the dishwasher. The glass part of the bakeware is great, the plastic storage lids are not so great.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Love Pyrex but, the glass cookware is kinda expensive and not widely available. It's sturdy for everyday use but, if you drop it or hit a corner it will crack or break as it's glass. Heats up fast and you can watch it through the glass but, cooked on baked on, needs to be soaked overnight or boiled off. Elbow grease works.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Very thick, baking dish exploded after removal from oven. I'm not sure about the age, but I suspect this was an older Pyrex from the 80s or 90s. Unlike most of my other Pyrex, this was much heavier and thicker. I prepared a dish to be baked--placed in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The temperature was set at approx 36 degrees F. I removed the dish from the refrigerator, allowed it to adjust to room temperature for approx 2.5 hours sitting on a stone countertop. Placed in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Removed from oven, place on glass stovetop for 15 minutes to cool. Walked away for a few minutes, I heard a very loud BANG, returned to see the entire tray exploded and cracked into hundreds of pieces. Glass went everywhere in the form of mini-shards.

I'm confident I used the cookware along with recommended guidelines while minimizing temperature extremes. Never in 20 years of cooking have I ever had glass cookware spontaneously shatter--this was very scary and easily very dangerous. Disposal of the glass shards covered in dense food was difficult and easily dangerous to the handler---this required handling very thick, sharp, heavy pieces.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased a new 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup. It was never heated. It exploded in the dishwasher.. I consider this to be a spontaneous event. Our dishwasher - actually every dishwasher I have ever had - has never shattered glass...

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

We recently purchased two 9.5 inch pie dishes for making pies from Walmart. My wife made an apple pie for Thanksgiving and put it in the oven at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. She removed the dish and set it on top of the oven on a cookie sheet. About 3 seconds and kaboom! It exploded and threw glass shards all over my wife and the kitchen. Luckily she had turned her back and was walking away or she would have been severely injured! Very dangerous! We do not recommend using this product and feel it should be taken off the market before someone ends up in the hospital!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I washed my Pyrex pie plate and placed it in the dish rack. When I was emptying the rack I picked up the pie plate and it fell apart in my hand. I'm still finding pieces of it around the sink. Until I read everyone else's reviews I thought I had done something wrong, but now I realize that the product itself was defective. It hadn't even been in the oven, only used for breadcrumbs to dip chicken cutlets! Very surprised. I've always trusted Pyrex.

Pyrex Cookware Company Information