2. Homeowners
  3. Cookware Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

Pyrex Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pyrex Cookware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pyrex Cookware?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

On May 3rd 2020. I was cooking a meal in a Pyrex glass cookware dish at approximately 350 degrees. After 40 minutes in the oven I removed the dish and set it on the counter and the dish subsequently exploded sending glass shards everywhere and cutting my wrist and arm.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I entrusted my high-end Le Creuset, Emile Henry and Cuisinart bakeware to a disreputable mover and lost about two-thirds of a collection that took many years to amass. (Yes, very sad.) So, after much research I decided to take advantage of a promo offered by Corning/Pyrex to re-establish my kitchen. All of the various & sundry pieces of Pyrex I bought are still USA-made.

I'm reviewing this particular piece because I discovered during my research that anything with a deeper side also carries a higher price point. At this low price point this roaster hits the mark in so many ways: the pleasing oval shape is even dressy table-worthy, and no doubt the large capacity coupled with those deep sides qualifies it as a versatile addition to any kitchen.

Two things to keep in mind with all Pyrex: DO NOT PLACE IN A COLD OVEN (PRE-HEATED ONLY) BEFORE BAKING and DO NOT HANDLE IT WITH ANYTHING DAMP WHEN HOT. Unfortunately, the Corning website falls short of outlining those warnings in clear & simple terms, and additional practical information was omitted as well (which I brought to their attention). It initially bothered me that nothing had a label on it (three safety and usage instructions were enclosed) but, again, at this low price point I can overlook that; it's obvious everything was brand new and I've bought Pyrex at Walmart without any labels either.

A packing slip was enclosed which nowadays is a treat unless you're dealing with high-end merchants. Nevertheless, the brand has been around forever for a reason: they're in the business of making kitchen workhorses at very affordable prices = win|win!! Last but not least, everything was very carefully packed and arrived in perfect condition.

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2020

The all glass makes cooking a breeze! Just spray with cooking spray and they are completely non-stick which makes clean up a breeze. The Covers fit snug so no worries of spilling anything. Some come with carrying cases that have hot/cool pads in with your dish to keep the perfect temperature! I couldn’t live without mine!

Original review: April 17, 2020

Always looks new. Modern style and oven safe. I spray with Pam and is nonstick. Dishwasher safe. Doesn't stain. I purchased over 15 years ago and I still have the full items and haven't had to replace a single item. Great for pot licks at my friends gathering. Can't be beat for durability. Price 15 years ago was a little high but I still have the complete set that I purchased 15 years ago. One more thing you can take it from the stove/oven to the dinner table and with a hot pad and place it for everyone to dig in!

Original review: April 8, 2020

Love Pyrex but, the glass cookware is kinda expensive and not widely available. It's sturdy for everyday use but, if you drop it or hit a corner it will crack or break as it's glass. Heats up fast and you can watch it through the glass but, cooked on baked on, needs to be soaked overnight or boiled off. Elbow grease works.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have used Pyrex many times over the years. Last night I was baking meatballs in a 350 degree oven in my 9x12 dish when my dog and I heard a loud bang! We went and looked inside the oven and sure enough, the dish had totally broken apart and into many large and small pieces of glass. There were even shards around the bottom of the oven. The particular Pyrex dish was rather on the newer side with longer side handles, as opposed to the older models with shorter handles and more depth to the dish. I knew they exploded years ago, but didn’t know this was still occurring! Won’t use this type of product again!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

It happened to me too - exploded with routine, nonabusive use. Dangerous and unacceptable. Should be banned. It ruined a week's worth of food tonight, it took forever to clean up. Just lucky nobody was injured. This brand is not what it used to be. Use a cheaper form of glass that is prone to exploding. This is not your grandma's Pyrex. Tell your friends.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I was cooking Brie in the oven in the glass pie plate. I was done and I took the pie plate out as soon as I placed on stove it popped. And exploded with shards of glass everywhere. Thankfully my 3-year-old granddaughter had just left the kitchen area. Now with glass all over the place including in the stove where my dinner was still cooking - I was now out app and dinner and have bloody fingers. Unbelievably upset and won’t purchase anything from Pyrex again and emptied my kitchen of measuring cup, other pie plates and glass mixing bowl set. Money down the drain and this is a known issue!!! Thankfully no serious injuries.

Original review: July 27, 2020

We were baking a cake in a Pyrex glassware dish when it exploded in the oven. The oven was pre-heated to 350, nothing extreme. Put the dish in the oven and after 45 mins baking the cake was done and the oven was turned off. The dish was left in the oven to cool. About 10 -15 minutes later we heard a boom in the oven as the glassware exploded. We were baking the cake for our 4 year old who was anxious to see it come out of the oven. We're lucky and thankful it happened in the oven as we were moments from taking it out. It could've been much worse than just losing a cake and glassware if it had exploded out of the oven with our 4 year old nearby, which probably would've injured her along with us. It's unacceptable that this is s known issue and nothing is being done about it.

Original review: June 7, 2020

When removed from oven exploded from placing on top stove and shattered from fridge too. Counter exploded. When washed 3 times this product has failed me and cut me deeply. I will never recommend Pyrex. Also it's a well known fact drug addicts use the glass to make illicit drugs with.

Pyrex Cookware Company Information