2. Homeowners
  3. Cookware Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Pyrex Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pyrex Cookware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pyrex Cookware?

Original review: April 21, 2020

Pyrex is well-established as a brand. Their glass heats evenly, holds heat in well after cooking, and never imparts any smell or taste. The plastic rubberized lids also fit snugly, and all Pyrex holds up well in the dishwasher.

Original review: April 20, 2020

The all glass makes cooking a breeze! Just spray with cooking spray and they are completely non-stick which makes clean up a breeze. The Covers fit snug so no worries of spilling anything. Some come with carrying cases that have hot/cool pads in with your dish to keep the perfect temperature! I couldn’t live without mine!

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Always looks new. Modern style and oven safe. I spray with Pam and is nonstick. Dishwasher safe. Doesn't stain. I purchased over 15 years ago and I still have the full items and haven't had to replace a single item. Great for pot licks at my friends gathering. Can't be beat for durability. Price 15 years ago was a little high but I still have the complete set that I purchased 15 years ago. One more thing you can take it from the stove/oven to the dinner table and with a hot pad and place it for everyone to dig in!

Original review: April 14, 2020

Pyrex is great quality, very durable, does not stain and is great for many uses in the kitchen and for families. I love the versatility of the bowls for cooking, storing, and reheating and they do not break easily. They look the same as new after many uses.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Love Pyrex but, the glass cookware is kinda expensive and not widely available. It's sturdy for everyday use but, if you drop it or hit a corner it will crack or break as it's glass. Heats up fast and you can watch it through the glass but, cooked on baked on, needs to be soaked overnight or boiled off. Elbow grease works.

Original review: July 27, 2020

We were baking a cake in a Pyrex glassware dish when it exploded in the oven. The oven was pre-heated to 350, nothing extreme. Put the dish in the oven and after 45 mins baking the cake was done and the oven was turned off. The dish was left in the oven to cool. About 10 -15 minutes later we heard a boom in the oven as the glassware exploded. We were baking the cake for our 4 year old who was anxious to see it come out of the oven. We're lucky and thankful it happened in the oven as we were moments from taking it out. It could've been much worse than just losing a cake and glassware if it had exploded out of the oven with our 4 year old nearby, which probably would've injured her along with us. It's unacceptable that this is s known issue and nothing is being done about it.

Original review: June 7, 2020

When removed from oven exploded from placing on top stove and shattered from fridge too. Counter exploded. When washed 3 times this product has failed me and cut me deeply. I will never recommend Pyrex. Also it's a well known fact drug addicts use the glass to make illicit drugs with.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I have been using Pyrex glass bakeware for more than 25 years and never had an experience like this. I was baking chicken (cut into small pieces) when the dish suddenly exploded in the oven! I was so glad no one was hurt, but I was shocked and very shook up. There was nothing left but a big mess of very small glass pieces. Of course, my chicken dinner went in the trash too. It was a big, disappointing mess to clean. It took so long to get all the glass out. I had to remove the lower panel of the oven to get it all out & think there may still be some pieces down there that I couldn't get to. I got a cut even though I was wearing gloves. Times are tough and we are tight on money. I just wish I could get some compensation for my exploded dish plus my free-range chicken dinner. Thank you.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Tonight was baking chicken breast in my Pyrex square cooking dish. When 45 minutes into a 1 hour bake the glass cooking dish shattered in hundreds of pieces... I have used this dish dozens of times before with no issue... Info: Dish was taken out of cabinet at room temperature. Sprayed with non stick PAM. Preheated oven to 400 degrees. Chicken breast were seasoned and placed in dish. 45 minutes into the bake I heard a loud noise coming from the oven. Investigating, I found the dish shattered and smoke rolling out due to food juices frying on the bottom of the oven. Could not trust food at this point and discarded it. I own approximately 8 other Pyrex baking dishes and have not experienced any issues with those. Pyrex is a good product at a fair price. Hope this was an isolated incident.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Very strong glass quality that can withstand extreme hot to cold or vice versa temperatures. Plus seeing thru is super nice. And it lasts a lifetime and durability. The only problem is its heavy weight that I don't mind.

Pyrex Cookware Company Information