This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
My husband took the baking dish with our hamburgers out of the 375 degree oven to flip them over after eight minutes (burgers were room temperature, as was pan when we put it in the oven); as he was removing the pan from the oven, it exploded while he was holding the pan. He had not even got it fully out of the way of the oven door when we heard the very loud pop and it exploded around him. Thankfully, nothing exploded up into his eyes or face ~ hot grease and searing hot glass is not a recommended facial product. We are not throwing out anything Pyrex. Measuring cups, baking dishes. Pyrex is banned in our house as far as we are concerned. Him or our cats could have been seriously hurt from flying grease and hot glass.
This is the second time Pyrex has shattered, once the pan was just sitting in the cupboard, I went to reach for it and it was completely shattered. Today I took out a cherry dessert out of the refrigerator and went to cut a piece and the whole thing exploded all over my counter, floor everywhere small shards of glass, thank God it didn’t go into my eyes or face. Please everyone get rid of it before someone is seriously injured.
I had 2 Pyrex dishes in the oven. I removed one and placed it on the stove then removed the other as I reached over to turn off the oven. There was a loud pop. Both dishes shattered hundred taking 2 day to find and clean all up from under stove between cabinets.
Dish exploded shortly after taking out of the oven and sitting on the counter. Glass flew all over the kitchen along with the food. I have other Pyrex containers that I am afraid to use. Dish was recently purchased. Had only been used a few times. I had just turned my back when it exploded or otherwise I would have a face full of glass.
My husband was making a tenderloin in the oven. Close to the time we were hoping to eat, there was a loud noise. Found out when he opened the oven that the Pyrex dish had exploded. Shards and small pieces of glass were all over the bottom of the oven. This was an older dish, thought that might have been the issue. Had to throw away an extremely large part of the tenderloin. Very disappointing. Will toss the rest of my Pyrex and use metal from now on. Would hate to have someone hurt by this. I asked the husband what the oven temperature was, he said 450. This is listed online as supposed to be okay. Obviously not!!!
- 2,056,106 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I was hand washing the measuring cup in warm water after mixing something in it. It just exploded, cutting me in several places. I had not put it in the microwave or oven so not thermal shock. Item less than 6 months old.
This product needs to be banned. If the knee wall had not been there I would have been possibly killed. Got cuts in neck and arm and cleaning up one shard so sharp penetrated my shoe and got an infection from it. I have baked in Pyrex for years and never had an incident such as this. Bought this pie plate one year ago from Amazon. When I was defrauded of my home I lost my long-standing collection of Pyrex cookware and this was a replacement. I did not realize that the formulation had changed. All of it is going out in the trash. Broken up so no one retrieves it and it can't harm anyone else.
A Pyrex Bowl sitting upon a metal wire shelf in my kitchen just spontaneously exploded! I thought, “No way! How did this happen?” It fractured. Into hundreds upon hundreds of miniature pieces. This is not the usual breakage pattern customarily found in broken glass. It simply burst apart. How bizarre! The bowl had even been used. The air temperature in the kitchen was rising because the oven was on. I’m not sure if if cooler air passed across the exploding vessel, but it simply disintegrated. Very weird.
Placed the Pyrex baking pan of apple slices on my dryer to cool. Within a couple of minutes later I heard a large explosion resulting in glass shattered everywhere. I thought I had done something wrong but now that I hear the consumer reports it concerns me. I am very disappointed in Pyrex. They should make this right. They're denying the fact this is happening because they're using a cheaper material. I have four grandchildren that were here at the time and they could have been seriously injured.
I thought it was me, maybe I had the dish in the oven too long. The first time I cooked cornbread sat the glass on the counter and got ready to taste the cornbread and started hearing a crackling noise - basically shattered from the bottom to the top. The second time I made some Lasagna and soon as I picked up the glass sat it on the metal part of the sink cause it was so hot it broke all in the sink & my food was everywhere. Then I thought maybe this was not to be used in the oven cause it was the second time!
I bought a 3 piece set from Walmart a couple years ago, and the very large one and med one both exploded on me. I was shocked due to I never seen anything like it. So I stopped using glassware period in the oven and had to go out and buy nonstick pans which I really don't like using due to they're harder to clean than glass. So I only have one left and have not baked in it due to this. Lucky at that time none of my children or my dog was in the kitchen.
Pyrex Cookware Company Information
- Company Name:
- Pyrex Cookware