Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Water Treatment Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Pur Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pur Water Filters?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We purchased two (2) Pur Water Filter Systems. The pitcher and large front valve versions. They both use the identical Pur inserted filter. Followed the instructions (multiple steps to prep the filter) to the letter and filled the top reservoirs on both reservoirs. Then, waited and waited and waited... Over two (2) hours later the water finally made it through the filters. Will not purchase from this company once we deplete our current box of 6 new filters.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I have been using PUR for a couple of years. Last fall I had two filter from the same box clog fairly quickly, so I ordered a new set of three. Less than two months later, all three clogged. The last one clogged with only two gallons filtered. I called their customer service line and the first thing it said was that they were "experiencing higher than usual call volumes". Once I made it through the menu to talk to a live representative, the message changed to one of me calling off hours and to call back Monday thru Friday. They weren't experiencing a high call volume. In my opinion they are just using that to cover understaffing customer service.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have bought three of these for the kitchen faucet but no more! These systems are TRASH! They have a light that flashes green when everything is okay, then it flashes orange that's suppose to tell you it's time to get ready to change the filter, and finally red saying you're too late! Each and every one of these pieces of junk I've bought when they turned orange not red have BLOWED the back that screws on CLEAR APART rendering them useless!!! Never again PUR!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I’ve used both Brita and Pur filters for many years and have had periodic problems with Pur (when they work they work well - but occasionally I’ve had one or two that clogged quickly and had to be replaced). I just tried the 99% lead-reducing type (white plastic top) and have spent over an hour trying to get them to work. Two out of three in the new box had the same problem – they ran very slowly and stopped altogether after about half filling the pitcher. I then tried one of the previous (blue top) filters and it’s now filtering my water as usual so I will throw out my three “new model” 99% filters and continue to use the original (all blue) filters with their only occasional malfunction rather than the newer model which seems to block not only lead but water too! NOTE: I only gave them one star since that was the minimum allowed - they really deserve 0 stars.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I've had to contact PUR once in the past about a faucet filter I purchased. My filter began leaking just over a year after purchased and was out of warranty. PUR offered to replace the product. I only had to pay for shipping costs to return the defect product. It took some time for this whole process, but I didn't expect them to replace the filter and was quite pleased they stood by their product. Love the filter itself and would definitely purchase products from them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Most HORRIBLE customer service in my 49 years here on Earth. I switched from Brita water filter pitchers to PUR dispenser about 3 years ago because I liked the capacity & convenience of a stand alone dispenser in the fridge. I was replacing the blue "Maxion" cartridge every 3 months as recommended, and noticed early on that the water flow through it would slow down immensely to almost stopping working after the first month. Not only that, but small carbon particles were "leaking" out of the cartridge into the upper reservoir which told me the filter was defective. I called PUR customer support and was told the leaking carbon (BROKEN filter) was "totally normal," and was kept on the phone for THIRTY MINUTES while this rep and his "manager" discussed different ways to have me "clean" and "unclog" the filter, which amounted to 2 hours of flushing with bleach, and then ANOTHER 2 hours of vinegar flushing(!)...WHAT!

FOUR hours to fix a filter I have to BUY every 3 months anyway? (Remember...this is a $7 retail value item these guys are spending a half hour trying to figure out here.) And finally, after I had had enough I said "Why don't you just send me a new non-defective filter?" Their answer? "No, we don’t do that...send replacements." These two clowns spent an hour of total manhour/wage time to do everything in their power NOT to send me a filter that costs PUR maybe...MAYBE 2 bucks and a friggin 50-cent stamp. I am throwing out ALL my PUR products and switching back to BRITA which I should have never left behind. WORST COMPANY EVER. DO NOT BUY PUR PRODUCTS. THEY ARE DEFECTIVE AND THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!! Oh, and the leaking carbon being "normal?" Look at these horrendous images of my PUR dispenser/filter and YOU tell ME...SMFH.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We bought PUR water purifier from Wal-mart. The water filter worked OK for 1st two months. Then, when the red light came on, we replaced the filter with brand new PUR filter. It immediately turned red. We used another new filter and it also turned red immediately. We logged on to consumer complaint site and found many people are having the same problem. This is a lousy product - don't buy!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I never had a problem with mine and there is no chlorine taste at all. Way better than bottled water and sink water. For 20 bucks can't go wrong. Filters a lot of contaminants. I recommend it to anyone. I don't see how people have problems unless you put it on wrong or something or the wrong filter.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I've compared several water filters including Pur. You want the best water filter that has zero particles (tested with a meter) try Zero Water. Been using it for 8 years now and love it. Pur Water Filter leaves particles in it but Zero Water doesn't.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought PUR water filter in January, initial filter worked approximate 5 months as my usage is very less. Recently, I replaced the filter and it stopped working within a week. I thought there may be some problem in product, then again I tried another new filter, that also stopped working within 3 days. Worst filter. They have mentioned that filter life is 2 months (40 Gallons). All misleading information and worst quality. I wasted my money twice on purchasing this filter in hope that it will work out.

Pur Water Filters Company Information