1.65/5
Based on 81 reviews that contain star ratings

122 Procter & Gamble Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

In February 2018 I handed my Oral-B Triumph 5000 toothbrush to your Consumer Care department. After inspection, I was informed that the battery could not be replaced, and was given the option of getting a replacement when stock was available. I am completely disgusted with the service I have received and with no explanation or communication. It’s been more than 6 Months and I have not had an update or response from you.

It is now the end of August, I have received no feedback or follow up since February. In addition, I find it hugely unacceptable that a R3000 toothbrush cannot have a battery replaced, I was not made aware of this during my purchase nor can I remember any warning on the packaging that the battery cannot be replaced. The poor customer experience received is extremely disappointing for a Global Company. I have requested that my toothbrush be returned. Since initiating this complaint I have received a cold response from your Consumer Care representative with no explanation for not receiving a status update or follow up or apology for making me wait.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I just called Secret's phone line and was more frustrated than I was with product. From day one I had to use a gripper of some sort because the cap and turn knob we’re so tight it wouldn’t turn without a gripper. I found it extremely frustrating every day and then I go to use it one day and when I take the cap off the whole top comes off exposing just the deodorant. I called the phone number provided on the container and they just say I have to provide my receipt not older than 60 days to get my money back. I don’t want my money back I want a product that’s not defective. Really... do we need to keep receipts for every little product? Do you think I am going to waste my time calling if this isn’t true?

The rep nor her supervisor were not willing to do anything to satisfy me. I can only hope that the company does listen to the recorded line with our conversation so that they can make corrections on how to deal with unsatisfied customers when their product is DEFECTIVE. I have been a customer for so many years I cannot even count. I have no choice but to throw out the product and never buy their product ever again!!!

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The cardboard tube (or spool) on this toilet tissue paper has become so large that I decided to take images of it (see attached two tubes and the big holes that that they now produce). Not only that, but while replacing the tissue one day, I noticed that the roll of tissue itself is about an inch shorter than the spring roller once everything is attached back onto the wall fixtures. So you got a roll of toilet paper that's too short, spooled onto a round of cardboard that's literally 5.5 inches in circumference. Do you realize that my left wrist measures 6 inches around? I mean, just when did this reckless disfigurement of Charmin Ultra Soft toilet tissue begin, anyway? Was it so slow over time that many, many decent humans never took notice? Well, being a long-time customer, I'd be remiss in not letting you know what I think of all of this.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I purchased a bounce dryer. Bar is seared on to my dryer drum. I was given directions by P&G how to remove this and it’s stripped my dryer drum causing jagged edges and tearing my clothing. PNG then willing to pay for my new dryer since the dryer drum no longer be replaced normal clothing. They sent me an out of date $100 gift card and won’t even replace that give me one that’s within day. I can understand why their stock is going down if you become an irresponsible company. Shame on you Procter & Gamble. I have been your customer for many many years and the opportunity to rectify or wrong. This has happened to so very many people and I’ve been asked to join a class action suit. I have to cited that you and I will be handling this itself individually.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have given most all Swiffer mops/products a try and on wood floors & tile. I’m not sure why as I am extremely disappointed every. Single. Time. If you’re wanting to actually clean your floors versus mopping up dirt just to spread elsewhere - this product isn’t for you. One ‘cleaning’ pad will cover about a 3x3 space. Note: I vacuumed thoroughly prior to using. With both Wet Jet & the regular Swiffer with pre-soaked pads, I have ALWAYS flown thru a whole box of the pads on just one room w/hardwood floors. Then they look no different/better than before.

My house is 850 sq ft. So that gives somewhat of an idea as to how big the rooms are. Makes it kind of costly. For tile floors it seems to work better although the cleaner I’m using specifies hardwood floors. Still just rubbing around a dirty pad on the rest of your floors after just one stroke. Terrible approach/concept to actually “cleaning”. It’s more like “dirtying”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Proctor & Gamble?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have been using Downy Unstopables In-Wash Scent Booster Beads in my washing machine. A month ago I got red itchy hives on my body, along with bad headaches, continuous coughing & mucous membrane/sinus irritation which led to pneumonia. Doctor gave me a breathing treatment & antibiotics. I am confident the perfume in this product caused my symptoms.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Just try Gain Flings, seduced by the little space needed for storage, and the convenience of putting just one little something on my washer without measuring. Once my clothes were done, transfer to the dryer. When clothes were dry, that's when the headache shows up: The little pouch did not dissolved completely and stick to one of my thermals like melted bubble gum. After a second washing cycle, the pouch had not decided yet and how to run my shirt a third time.

Original review: June 12, 2017

As of last Tuesday my lower lip felt like it was burned and the roof of my mouth was hurting exactly like when you eat something too hot and burn it. I did not eat anything that burned my lip and then I had a blister on my lip which hurts. It is now almost a week later and I asked my daughter if she had any issues with her mouth. She said it hurts and that there were bumps under her tongue. I decided to go online and see if anyone else experienced problems and there were a number of people that did after using Crest Complete extra whitening with scope as well as others made by Crest.

I'm not using this anymore and just purchased another toothpaste that is more natural by Tom of Maine's. I hope that this matter is looked into because it seems to be hurting a lot of people. I used regular Crest for a long time and had no problems. I would hope that if the company is aware that is causing pain, sores, and other issues that they would take this off the market.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I was pulling a pod (Tide 4 in 1 with Downy) out of its ziplock style bag and as I did, it exploded into my hand all over my face, causing chemical burns to the cornea of my eye and to the skin on my face around my eye. I flushed and rinsed for 90 mins, then I took an to the ER room at Kaiser, where they also numbed, and flushed with saline for a few more hours. They examined my eye and found chemical burns to the cornea. I saw a specialist the next day. I was prescribed drops every 30 minutes and antibiotic eye ointment. I missed work and racked up medical bills. Very scary and painful experience.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Recently went to the store to get some items, realized I was out of detergent and I see some Tide Pods next to the check out stand so I grab them. We have used Gain Pods before so I didn't think much about it. We started to get some mild skin irritation but thought it was the dry air. Then we thought it was the soap. Finally figured out it was these Tide Pods that were 4 in 1 with Downy. My entire family is covered in hives and totally miserable. I have to rehash everything that might be contaminated. Turns out websites everywhere are reporting the same thing!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I have been using you'll products for over the last 4 years. I'm newly in love with your Unstoppable by Downy. They make my clothes smell wonderful which my husband loves cause he works outside. I'm recently switch from Gain to Tide just trying to try something different. Just wanted to let you guys know that your products are GREAT.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Downey Infusions Citrus Expressions - This product has left a yellow stain on my washer that I can't remove. I tried Mr. Clean magic eraser and Soft Scrub with bleach. I let the soft scrub sit on the stain for about 5 minutes. Stain is still there. My next move was to contact Procter & Gamble, whom I emailed pictures to also. Stephanie informed me that the stain was due to me having left it there too long before trying to clean it, and I should contact my washer manufacturer to ask about getting the stain out.

My response to that is (1) The fabric softener was only on there for 1 cycle, approximately 103 minutes, start to finish. (2) I keep my washer clean, meaning that if some detergent gets spilled I usually wipe it between loads. This is how I discovered just how strong this stain was after only 1 cycle. (3) Maytag is not responsible for stains made by anyone's cleaning products. (4) This representative of Procter & Gamble basically tried to shift the blame to Maytag and myself (the consumer). (5) Going to post the picture on Facebook (for the public to view) to warn others who might care about their appliances and countertops (assuming on this one) being stained. Was the yellow dye really necessary for product performance. I suspect not.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Clinical Oral Rinse burns mouth. I have been using product for about 3 days morning and evening. My gums are bright red and swollen. My tongue is bright red, top of my mouth is bright red and everything is burning extremely painful. Do not buy this product without consulting with your dentist or doctor. I have never had an adverse reaction to mouthwash before. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I have recently purchased Downy unstopables and thought I would give them a try. I used them in two loads of laundry. As soon as my husband returned from work, he asked "What is that smell", I told him what I used, and he said it was really strong. We went to bed that night, and he began getting sick, throwing up and lightheaded and really couldn't breathe very good. He said it was the smell of the bed sheets and his clothes, so he changed his clothes and I changed the sheets, and he started feeling a little better.

The next day he went to work and he had a shirt with that in it and he began to get sick at work. He changed his shirt, and he said "Don't use that anymore." Obviously this is a safety issue for people with breathing problems. This is a serious problem and I think Proctor and Gamble should be held accountable for this and that it could cause a death... It isn't labeled good enough for this serious of an issue... please do something about this product. It isn't safe!!! I would like to be compensated for this product that I wasted my money on...

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I am very annoyed to find that the always discreet pants, M size in packs of 12 have been replaced with 'low rise' version. As these items are usually needed by older ladies, the full version is far more desirable, with a better fit than the low rise version. I cannot understand why this change has been made

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

You have to pick the unit up, stick it under your nose to smell it. It is a waste of money. I contacted the company they would not refund my money because it had been over 30 days. I bought it for "just in case we got sick". I offered to return them (bought 2) and requested they even send me some Vicks Vaporrub in its place; no refund. They said no. I love the Warm Air Vicks Vaporizer I purchased. that's a great unit. But do not buy the waterless version. It does not work.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Over a period of almost 4 months I spent more than 6 hours on the phone with Braun customer support, listening to incorrect answers, getting the runaround, and being told that the product that used to work wasn't intended to do what it had done for the previous 11 months. Finally after buying parts I didn't need l was able to get someone at corporate headquarters who informed me that basically it was just too bad. They really don't care about the customer, just the money, and effort that hoops the customer has to go through doesn't really matter to them! Braun makes a great shaver, but if you ever need anything in the way of service, good luck!

Original review: July 22, 2016

I have no idea there were so many people complaining about Crest products. I bought the whitestrips about 3-4 years ago. Since then my teeth became so sensitive that I have to avoid certain foods. When I brush my teeth it hurts really bad. I cannot drink juice or soda, or anything that is has certain acidity like lime, lemon. Also, things too cold or hot bother me as well. When I go to my dentist to get my teeth clean it is so painful when they spray water for me to rinse/switch after getting my teeth clean. My bottom teeth are fine since I only used the whitestrips on the top teeth. Thanks a lot P&G for making my teeth oversensitive.

Original review: June 30, 2016

I have been using Zest soap for years. Then some marketing designer decides to change the shape. The original design had an oval curve top and bottom, and it sat on a shower soap dish or a plastic holder with the small nubs, DIDN'T FALL OFF. Then it was change, the shape made it convex on the top and concave on the bottom. This shape has made the bar very slippery and it can ONLY be put on a soap dish 1 WAY. If it is placed the wrong way it falls off and has LANDED on my FOOT (doesn't feel very good). The only time it will stay on the soap dish, either way is when ABOUT HALF OF THE BAR has been used. I know this new shape has been out for years, but why didn't someone do some TESTING?

Original review: June 25, 2016

I've been a fan of Fairy Washing Up liquid forever, not anymore. I buy Platinum 'x3 faster tough on grease'. Hmmm, something has happened to the ingredients. The plates don't clean well, the soap suds really don't last at all, maybe 2 mins and filling the bowl with the water which usually suds up is a complete damp squib. I wish I hadn't bought 2 ( I always do as a standby). I will now only use Fairy if I'm desperate. Into the garage it goes and I'll choose another brand for everyday use. I would recommend Fairy to no one. Fairy stood apart for not being cheap. It won that cheap product medal now, disappointedly.

Original review: June 19, 2016

My hair length is quite long now and I tend to buy Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner for it, though I try to change to different fragrances. They don't have sachets here so I buy big bottles for consumption. It's nice that it's making my hair soft and manageable. So far it's the best shampoo and conditioner that I've tried.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My wife likes the scent of the Head and Shoulders mint shampoo. We live in a hot and humid country, and the cool feeling of the shampoo helps with the heat. After shampooing with it, she feels so clean and fresh. When I forget to bring soap whenever we go on our out of town trips, we use it as body soap as well. Makes my armpits cool!

Original review: May 21, 2016

I grew up with Procter & Gamble's Safeguard Soap, and the same goes for my husband. As a result, we now have it in our home. It leaves our family smelling fresh for a longer period of time. It has a smell that is so clean. It leaves a strong scent that stays on for quite a while. Safeguard alone would not be enough for me. This product is so popular in the Philippines. I guess it's even a favorite. The funny thing is, somehow, in its own way, it has become synonymous to soap itself. When someone says soap, the other thinks of Safeguard. In fact, my grandmother says, "Go get the Safeguard" even when she refers to a soap of a different brand.

Anyhow, I suffer from hyperhidrosis and I grew up battling skin asthma. In that sense, I've had to make sure to find the best soap there is for me. By that, I meant something that is excellent and economical as well. Safeguard's price is just right. Safeguard is good enough for me, though, of course, I still need to use a doctor prescribed soap, which does not smell so good, so Safeguard is a good antibacterial soap alternative.

Original review: May 20, 2016

My husband struggled with dandruff problems ever since I can remember. It has always been hard for me to choose a shampoo that would suit him. Thank goodness I finally discovered that Head & Shoulders work best for him. He likes the cool menthol variant but I am not happy with it. I find the smell overpowering at times and makes my face itch... I don't know, maybe I'm allergic. It also dries my hair.

So I would buy him his shampoo and I will settle with another product, which could sometimes be a hassle especially when we are in a budget. Thankfully, I tried another Head & Shoulders variant -- Apple Fresh. Not only does it eliminate all my prior issues with Head & Shoulders, it also smells so clean (like what it says on the bottle) and so good. Love it. I like the natural smell of green apple on my hair. Though my husband is not a big fan of the apple smell, at least it takes care of his dandruff. It works well for me so it should also work for him, lol. It's unlike other dandruff shampoo since it's not hair drying. Thanks P&G.

Original review: May 15, 2016

I don't like Downy. I can't smell the fragrance that Downy supposed to have. I also felt that if the clothes that are soaked in Downy are not exposed to sunlight, they tend to have some bad smells, REALLY BAD SMELLS... sometimes. I also tried Downy with perfume but still it does not give attractive smells to my clothes. Sad to say, I don't have a choice but to use Downy because other fabric conditioners here in the Philippines are worse than Downy.

I just wish that Procter & Gamble will look on the Downy products in the Philippines for the improvement of their products. For example, find out ways on how to make the smell of a "Downy-washed" clothes last longer (maybe 12 - 16 hours, but 24 hours or more is awesome). Definitely, I have no choice, as I said earlier, but to use Downy product UNLESS there are other fabric conditioners that are way better than Downy and gives me a SATISFACTION when it comes to making the smell of the clothes more attractive to smell...

Original review: May 2, 2016

I have been buying Tide for over 10 years lately. When I wash my clothes they smell and have to rewash. I buy Tide with Febreze and the tide crystals the smell is like smelling a dirty litter box – it’s horrible. I pay over 100 - 200 a month on my Tide/Downy products. The smell of my clothes and my children's smell like a male cat sprayed on them – it’s horrible. I will not be buying these products anymore.

Original review: May 2, 2016

I have used Tide powder since I was a teenager in the 60's. Nothing touches Tide Ultra Powder, nothing! My clothes that are outdated still come out looking brand new, all over again! I've told everyone I've ever met about Tide Powder! I soak my white clothing overnight. By morning, the water is so dirty but my clothing, now ready to throw into the washer, is once again, pure white! No joke! :)

Original review: March 27, 2016

After using P&G deodorant I got rashes on both arm pits. Very painful for 2 weeks. Have since discontinued use and have been using cortisone cream. In my 35 years of using deodorant this has never happened. Hope you guys can correct the problem.

Original review: March 26, 2016

I like the brand and have used many deodorants from P&G, but sometimes I get a rash under my armpit that burns quite bad even sometimes only on one side and it takes more than a day in some cases to go away. It goes past the point of application and is very red.

Original review: March 26, 2016

My 20 year old son came home from college for Spring break in early March 2016. I had bought Old Spice Aqua Reef solid deodorant and put it in his bathroom. He used it and within hours his armpits were red and raw with rashes. It was so painful he couldn't wear any shirts that were tight around the armpit. He has used other Old Spice deodorants without a problem but the Aqua Reef scent obviously is a problem.

Procter & Gamble Company Information