Procter & Gamble

Compare Household Cleaning Products

Research top Household Cleaning Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

As of last Tuesday my lower lip felt like it was burned and the roof of my mouth was hurting exactly like when you eat something too hot and burn it. I did not eat anything that burned my lip and then I had a blister on my lip which hurts. It is now almost a week later and I asked my daughter if she had any issues with her mouth. She said it hurts and that there were bumps under her tongue. I decided to go online and see if anyone else experienced problems and there were a number of people that did after using Crest Complete extra whitening with scope as well as others made by Crest.

I'm not using this anymore and just purchased another toothpaste that is more natural by Tom of Maine's. I hope that this matter is looked into because it seems to be hurting a lot of people. I used regular Crest for a long time and had no problems. I would hope that if the company is aware that is causing pain, sores, and other issues that they would take this off the market.

I was pulling a pod (Tide 4 in 1 with Downy) out of its ziplock style bag and as I did, it exploded into my hand all over my face, causing chemical burns to the cornea of my eye and to the skin on my face around my eye. I flushed and rinsed for 90 mins, then I took an to the ER room at Kaiser, where they also numbed, and flushed with saline for a few more hours. They examined my eye and found chemical burns to the cornea. I saw a specialist the next day. I was prescribed drops every 30 minutes and antibiotic eye ointment. I missed work and racked up medical bills. Very scary and painful experience.

Recently went to the store to get some items, realized I was out of detergent and I see some Tide Pods next to the check out stand so I grab them. We have used Gain Pods before so I didn't think much about it. We started to get some mild skin irritation but thought it was the dry air. Then we thought it was the soap. Finally figured out it was these Tide Pods that were 4 in 1 with Downy. My entire family is covered in hives and totally miserable. I have to rehash everything that might be contaminated. Turns out websites everywhere are reporting the same thing!

I have been using you'll products for over the last 4 years. I'm newly in love with your Unstoppable by Downy. They make my clothes smell wonderful which my husband loves cause he works outside. I'm recently switch from Gain to Tide just trying to try something different. Just wanted to let you guys know that your products are GREAT.

Downey Infusions Citrus Expressions - This product has left a yellow stain on my washer that I can't remove. I tried Mr. Clean magic eraser and Soft Scrub with bleach. I let the soft scrub sit on the stain for about 5 minutes. Stain is still there. My next move was to contact Procter & Gamble, whom I emailed pictures to also. Stephanie informed me that the stain was due to me having left it there too long before trying to clean it, and I should contact my washer manufacturer to ask about getting the stain out.

My response to that is (1) The fabric softener was only on there for 1 cycle, approximately 103 minutes, start to finish. (2) I keep my washer clean, meaning that if some detergent gets spilled I usually wipe it between loads. This is how I discovered just how strong this stain was after only 1 cycle. (3) Maytag is not responsible for stains made by anyone's cleaning products. (4) This representative of Procter & Gamble basically tried to shift the blame to Maytag and myself (the consumer). (5) Going to post the picture on Facebook (for the public to view) to warn others who might care about their appliances and countertops (assuming on this one) being stained. Was the yellow dye really necessary for product performance. I suspect not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Proctor & Gamble?

Clinical Oral Rinse burns mouth. I have been using product for about 3 days morning and evening. My gums are bright red and swollen. My tongue is bright red, top of my mouth is bright red and everything is burning extremely painful. Do not buy this product without consulting with your dentist or doctor. I have never had an adverse reaction to mouthwash before. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

I have recently purchased Downy unstopables and thought I would give them a try. I used them in two loads of laundry. As soon as my husband returned from work, he asked "What is that smell", I told him what I used, and he said it was really strong. We went to bed that night, and he began getting sick, throwing up and lightheaded and really couldn't breathe very good. He said it was the smell of the bed sheets and his clothes, so he changed his clothes and I changed the sheets, and he started feeling a little better.

The next day he went to work and he had a shirt with that in it and he began to get sick at work. He changed his shirt, and he said "Don't use that anymore." Obviously this is a safety issue for people with breathing problems. This is a serious problem and I think Proctor and Gamble should be held accountable for this and that it could cause a death... It isn't labeled good enough for this serious of an issue... please do something about this product. It isn't safe!!! I would like to be compensated for this product that I wasted my money on...

I am very annoyed to find that the always discreet pants, M size in packs of 12 have been replaced with 'low rise' version. As these items are usually needed by older ladies, the full version is far more desirable, with a better fit than the low rise version. I cannot understand why this change has been made

You have to pick the unit up, stick it under your nose to smell it. It is a waste of money. I contacted the company they would not refund my money because it had been over 30 days. I bought it for "just in case we got sick". I offered to return them (bought 2) and requested they even send me some Vicks Vaporrub in its place; no refund. They said no. I love the Warm Air Vicks Vaporizer I purchased. that's a great unit. But do not buy the waterless version. It does not work.

Over a period of almost 4 months I spent more than 6 hours on the phone with Braun customer support, listening to incorrect answers, getting the runaround, and being told that the product that used to work wasn't intended to do what it had done for the previous 11 months. Finally after buying parts I didn't need l was able to get someone at corporate headquarters who informed me that basically it was just too bad. They really don't care about the customer, just the money, and effort that hoops the customer has to go through doesn't really matter to them! Braun makes a great shaver, but if you ever need anything in the way of service, good luck!

I have no idea there were so many people complaining about Crest products. I bought the whitestrips about 3-4 years ago. Since then my teeth became so sensitive that I have to avoid certain foods. When I brush my teeth it hurts really bad. I cannot drink juice or soda, or anything that is has certain acidity like lime, lemon. Also, things too cold or hot bother me as well. When I go to my dentist to get my teeth clean it is so painful when they spray water for me to rinse/switch after getting my teeth clean. My bottom teeth are fine since I only used the whitestrips on the top teeth. Thanks a lot P&G for making my teeth oversensitive.

I have been using Zest soap for years. Then some marketing designer decides to change the shape. The original design had an oval curve top and bottom, and it sat on a shower soap dish or a plastic holder with the small nubs, DIDN'T FALL OFF. Then it was change, the shape made it convex on the top and concave on the bottom. This shape has made the bar very slippery and it can ONLY be put on a soap dish 1 WAY. If it is placed the wrong way it falls off and has LANDED on my FOOT (doesn't feel very good). The only time it will stay on the soap dish, either way is when ABOUT HALF OF THE BAR has been used. I know this new shape has been out for years, but why didn't someone do some TESTING?

I've been a fan of Fairy Washing Up liquid forever, not anymore. I buy Platinum 'x3 faster tough on grease'. Hmmm, something has happened to the ingredients. The plates don't clean well, the soap suds really don't last at all, maybe 2 mins and filling the bowl with the water which usually suds up is a complete damp squib. I wish I hadn't bought 2 ( I always do as a standby). I will now only use Fairy if I'm desperate. Into the garage it goes and I'll choose another brand for everyday use. I would recommend Fairy to no one. Fairy stood apart for not being cheap. It won that cheap product medal now, disappointedly.

My hair length is quite long now and I tend to buy Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner for it, though I try to change to different fragrances. They don't have sachets here so I buy big bottles for consumption. It's nice that it's making my hair soft and manageable. So far it's the best shampoo and conditioner that I've tried.

My wife likes the scent of the Head and Shoulders mint shampoo. We live in a hot and humid country, and the cool feeling of the shampoo helps with the heat. After shampooing with it, she feels so clean and fresh. When I forget to bring soap whenever we go on our out of town trips, we use it as body soap as well. Makes my armpits cool!

I grew up with Procter & Gamble's Safeguard Soap, and the same goes for my husband. As a result, we now have it in our home. It leaves our family smelling fresh for a longer period of time. It has a smell that is so clean. It leaves a strong scent that stays on for quite a while. Safeguard alone would not be enough for me. This product is so popular in the Philippines. I guess it's even a favorite. The funny thing is, somehow, in its own way, it has become synonymous to soap itself. When someone says soap, the other thinks of Safeguard. In fact, my grandmother says, "Go get the Safeguard" even when she refers to a soap of a different brand.

Anyhow, I suffer from hyperhidrosis and I grew up battling skin asthma. In that sense, I've had to make sure to find the best soap there is for me. By that, I meant something that is excellent and economical as well. Safeguard's price is just right. Safeguard is good enough for me, though, of course, I still need to use a doctor prescribed soap, which does not smell so good, so Safeguard is a good antibacterial soap alternative.

My husband struggled with dandruff problems ever since I can remember. It has always been hard for me to choose a shampoo that would suit him. Thank goodness I finally discovered that Head & Shoulders work best for him. He likes the cool menthol variant but I am not happy with it. I find the smell overpowering at times and makes my face itch... I don't know, maybe I'm allergic. It also dries my hair.

So I would buy him his shampoo and I will settle with another product, which could sometimes be a hassle especially when we are in a budget. Thankfully, I tried another Head & Shoulders variant -- Apple Fresh. Not only does it eliminate all my prior issues with Head & Shoulders, it also smells so clean (like what it says on the bottle) and so good. Love it. I like the natural smell of green apple on my hair. Though my husband is not a big fan of the apple smell, at least it takes care of his dandruff. It works well for me so it should also work for him, lol. It's unlike other dandruff shampoo since it's not hair drying. Thanks P&G.

I don't like Downy. I can't smell the fragrance that Downy supposed to have. I also felt that if the clothes that are soaked in Downy are not exposed to sunlight, they tend to have some bad smells, REALLY BAD SMELLS... sometimes. I also tried Downy with perfume but still it does not give attractive smells to my clothes. Sad to say, I don't have a choice but to use Downy because other fabric conditioners here in the Philippines are worse than Downy.

I just wish that Procter & Gamble will look on the Downy products in the Philippines for the improvement of their products. For example, find out ways on how to make the smell of a "Downy-washed" clothes last longer (maybe 12 - 16 hours, but 24 hours or more is awesome). Definitely, I have no choice, as I said earlier, but to use Downy product UNLESS there are other fabric conditioners that are way better than Downy and gives me a SATISFACTION when it comes to making the smell of the clothes more attractive to smell...

I have been buying Tide for over 10 years lately. When I wash my clothes they smell and have to rewash. I buy Tide with Febreze and the tide crystals the smell is like smelling a dirty litter box – it’s horrible. I pay over 100 - 200 a month on my Tide/Downy products. The smell of my clothes and my children's smell like a male cat sprayed on them – it’s horrible. I will not be buying these products anymore.

I have used Tide powder since I was a teenager in the 60's. Nothing touches Tide Ultra Powder, nothing! My clothes that are outdated still come out looking brand new, all over again! I've told everyone I've ever met about Tide Powder! I soak my white clothing overnight. By morning, the water is so dirty but my clothing, now ready to throw into the washer, is once again, pure white! No joke! :)

After using P&G deodorant I got rashes on both arm pits. Very painful for 2 weeks. Have since discontinued use and have been using cortisone cream. In my 35 years of using deodorant this has never happened. Hope you guys can correct the problem.

I like the brand and have used many deodorants from P&G, but sometimes I get a rash under my armpit that burns quite bad even sometimes only on one side and it takes more than a day in some cases to go away. It goes past the point of application and is very red.

My 20 year old son came home from college for Spring break in early March 2016. I had bought Old Spice Aqua Reef solid deodorant and put it in his bathroom. He used it and within hours his armpits were red and raw with rashes. It was so painful he couldn't wear any shirts that were tight around the armpit. He has used other Old Spice deodorants without a problem but the Aqua Reef scent obviously is a problem.

Recently purchased a three pack from a warehouse/store and within a few days of use started noticing irritation and these large rings under my armpit (left side more than right for some reason). I don't have allergies but thought maybe developing something from clothes or bed sheets but after seeing the article about this deodorant it all makes sense. Sucks because now I have two unopened and one practically full and I can't use anymore.

I contacted the 1800 number on my bottle of Pepto-Bismol regarding health concerns after using this product. I held for 12 minutes and never got past a recording that kept me on hold. I then searched Proctor and Gamble's website for a contact number and reached a representative who said she would connect me with someone to assist and was placed in hold for another 10 minutes until I hung up. I consider this very poor management.

I have been buying Tide for a very long time. I like it except I started buying Tide with Downy and it isn't what I thought. It still has static in it and it makes me itch. Can you tell me what I should do about this? Thank you.

I have used Fixodent Complete for the past 10 years and I have always liked the results of using Fixodent Complete and being assured my dentures would remain firmly in place throughout the day, easily 10 to 12 hours. I could eat almost any food type I wanted, even hot foods or hot drinks, and not worry about them coming loose. Now, if I can get them to remain attached for 4 hours, I'm lucky. I have to keep reapplying throughout the day, especially before meals now. I don't know what you changed P&G, but it wasn't a good change. Since I see you have had numerous complaints, I'm guessing you don't care about those of us who rely on products like yours in our daily lives. I will be experimenting with other brands until I can find a similar bond that your product used to have. Sad because I really liked your product until you messed it up.

I have been using Crest Pro-Health products for quite a while with no adverse effects, but when my local grocery store was out of the toothpaste I normally use I bought Crest Baking Soda and Peroxide toothpaste. After the first use, I developed horrible ulcers along my lower gums and on the inside of my cheeks; the burning pain was horrible! I threw it out and will never use that toothpaste again! And after reading about the blue pieces of plastic that others have had scraped out from under their gums from the Crest Pro-Health products, I will definitely be switching to another brand. I cannot believe these products are allowed on the market!

Nice & easy hair colour - I telephoned Procter and Gamble to ask for reassurance that the next time I bought their hair dye, which I have purchased regularly for the last two years, would give me the colour I had been use to. NOT the colour my hair turned after the last treatment! I was given numerous excuses, some amounting to outright lies! When pointing out that what they were saying couldn't possibly have occurred I was then told they had misinterpreted my issue. I believe that they just have a crib sheet and attempt to fob people off, implying that the customer has misused the product and it couldn't possibly be an issue with the product! Not sure what I hoped for from complaining, but it wasn't to be told I had done something incorrectly. What exactly is the point of a telephone complaints line?

Please DO NOT use Old Spice products! I'm in a tremendous amount of pain! Lifting my arms, moving, showering is a real chore to say the least. I'll NEVER use this product again! Please see attached images.

Procter & Gamble Company Profile