2.07/5

Compare Movers

Wyckoff, NJ

Compare Movers

31 Premier Movers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

More than a week ago they loaded my things in Manhattan to move to Florida. They said it would take 6-7 days. Have not heard from them...they will not return calls & “Tom2” that constantly contacted me to get my business, suddenly has gone silent. I am going to file a police report on Monday. This reeks of a scam. DO NOT use this company. Unfortunately, I did not do my homework before choosing them!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I moved from Maine to Hawaii. They use a variety of subcontractors. There are pages of small print and items you don’t have time to review. You trust their ethics! Big mistake! We paid full insurance and didn’t see that we had to submit in writing that it automatically reverts to .60 cent on pound! Our boxes had other people’s name on them or weren’t labeled. Fragile items were in boxes under books. Our antique dining room table had its legs broken off. We had horrid communication. I thought it was from the time difference. It wasn’t. I would give them a 0 rating if I could. Pictures of damage available.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The worst company I've ever dealt with. They appraised my items for $2100, but once they loaded my items in to a truck the person presented me with almost $4000 as my new bill. I wasn't able to rejected because I had to move out that day or they treating me to take my items from the truck and charge me for the hours they spend. Once the furniture was delivered, a lot of items were damaged and none of the managers contact me to fix it or to pay for the damage. I had to open case with the credit card to dispute the charges. This company also ask for cash a lot. This company doesn't want to take credit card unless you insist on it. They treating you to take all your stuff out of the truck unless you pay cash. Please be very careful. THIS COMPANY HAS THE WORST SERVICE AND THEY WILL OVERCHARGE YOU FOR AT LEAST $1500 MORE once they pack your stuff in to a truck. **This company profits on people vulnerability.**

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

If you have been scammed by them, contact the Fair Lawn Police Department. I booked same day moving from a 5x10 storage unit. I had an itemized list of my items. Easy right? NO!! Right after getting my things they told me the didn’t know when they would be able to deliver them and gave me an estimate of 3 times the quoted amount! Then they stopped all communication. Finally, I had to contact the police to get them to release my stuff. They made me pay $500 cash just to give me back my own things, after I had already paid them to pick up my things! Extortion. They operate out of a broken down dirty section of a warehouse. The picture on the website must be from a totally different company or photoshopped. The actual location could not be farther from that picture. Keep your things safe, do not hire them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

If you have been scammed by them, contact the Fair Lawn Police Department. I booked same day moving from a 5x10 storage unit. I had an itemized list of my items. Easy right? NO!! Right after getting my things they told me they didn’t know when they would be able to deliver them and gave me an estimate of 3 times the quoted amount! Then they stopped all communication. Finally, I had to contact the police to get them to release my stuff. They made me pay $500 cash just to give me back my own things, after I had already paid them to pick up my things! Extortion. They operate out of a broken down dirty section of a warehouse. The picture on the website must be from a totally different company or photoshopped. The actual location could not be farther from that picture. Keep your things safe, do not hire them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Movers?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Do not use this company!!! Received a quote from Premier ($650.00) and paid in full. This move consisted of moving a two piece bed from Tomkins Cove, NY, to Spring Lake, NJ. Everything went well in Tomkins Cove, NY, to get the property of my 85 year old mother into the truck. When they arrived in Spring Lake, they refused to take the bed off the truck until they received 360.00 additional dollars because the trip was longer than they expected. Why is that my FAULT. The distance between Tomkins Cove, NY and Spring Lake, NJ has not changed in 500 YEARS!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Do not use Premier Movers if you want your items to actually get to the final destination let alone get there in the same condition you left them. I have never felt so helpless from what I truly consider to be CROOKS! Two pieces of furniture and all of my expensive Kitchen boxes - with KitchenAid mixer, blenders, waffle irons, my bedside tables and my iron patio table. Of course they demand payment in full before they will unload anything to final destination and the condition of your goods is not their problem.

When asked to sign the paperwork, I asked the "supervisor" of whom I have pictures sitting on my kitchen chair in the street smoking the entire time. I asked where my patio table was and he said, "in your garage". I said, "Great, please show me as I haven't been able to locate it." He then yelled at me stating he has no time to show me where my stuff is and that he had to go. He yelled at me in my house in front of everyone to sign his papers. I said to him that I can't sign for things that are missing. He stormed out of my house and I had to chase him for the copies of the inventory he refused to review with me. On top of this issue, they contractually were to set up all the beds that they broke down to move. He told me that he has no tools for his team to use and therefore were not setting up the beds. Once I showed him that he was to set up beds under the contract, he miraculously pulled out his drill gun and tool bag!

So many things are cracked, ripped and or dented. He could not be bothered with any of it and said it as not his responsibility. I got no return call from Ruben and Tom, the guy who sold me the Lemon service, when called the day after the move said, "That's unfortunate. You will just have to fill out a claim". Meanwhile, My things are now missing and - did I mention that I have items that are not mine? This moving company is not standing by anything they promised and in my mind are the biggest thieves I have encountered. They have NO service that should interest you unless you like dealing with a business described above! Premier Movers SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Company gave me offer to my required day, I paid 10% deposit. After I asked for confirmation of moving date and time I got response on change in the date they can move me. Obviously I couldn't, so I asked for money back and got declined. Very bad customer experience, very poor communication and no limited response, none to emails. Unprofessional, was treated badly, not by questions but by order "this is what's gonna happen, you move 1 day earlier", etc. My sales person was Tom.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Joe and crew moved my family yesterday to our new home and they were AMAZING! My family has moved 3 times in the last 5 years and this is the first move that was seriously headache free. Joe had great organization in labeling my stuff and a fantastic crew to work with. These guys hustled all day. I did pay more than the original estimate because we went over the allotted number of hours. Regardless, I am happy nothing was damaged and the experience went smoothly. Will use again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. Firstly, one of the 2 crew members was very inexperienced. We observed the foremen instructing him what to do and how to do things. He was not familiar with how to move and manipulate item in the best and most safe way to avoid damage. We did not receive quality work from this person and it negatively affected the efficiency and quality of the move.

Overall the move took excessively long probably, in part, due to the extreme inexperience of one of the crew members and just the sheer slow movement of the whole crew! We moved with your company only one year ago from the same type of set up, and it took at least 3-4 hours less time with the same amount of labor! We only acquired 2 more pieces of furniture in the interim, but the distance to our new location was a mere five minutes away as opposed to the half hour last time! The foreman said there were a lot of small boxes but we packed exactly the same way as last year!

Upon arrival at the new house, the foremen offered to either fix the total fee or to continue working on the clock by the hour. We chose the not fix the fee and from that point forward as we did not think in a million years it would take that long! Yet of course we were wrong! It was very evident that the crew slowed their work pace purposely (especially the foreman) to run up the time unnecessarily. This included, them unpacking slowly, not using both hand trucks to bring boxes in the house, carrying one item at a time in one hand with the other hand empty.

On top of all this, you would think that the slow careful move would at least prevent any damage of objects but the opposite was true and unacceptable.The following items were damaged by Premier during the move: Bookshelf scratched badly, Child's toy car steering wheel broken off, Mattress (it was a fairly new mattress and was used in total less than 10 times) corner damaged, Hardwood floor - 2 floor on the way to master bedroom my wife observed the crew dragging the bed frame along the floor. Metal step ladder. We could not locate our metal step ladder anywhere in the house and we are sure it was taken from our departure point.

Premier Movers Company Information