Raleigh, North Carolina

3.0/5 (124 ratings)

About Ply Gem

Ply Gem manufactures vinyl siding in a variety of styles and materials, as well as gutters, fascia and soffit. It also offers windows, doors, stone and other home exterior products. Check out Ply Gem online to find out if it’s available in your area.

Top Ply Gem Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everything was A-plus. Halde installed the siding and they did a wonderful job. If Ply Gem wanted somebody to represent their company, they do a wonderful job. I got the mastic si...

Verified

The experience I had with Ply Gem was excellent. Their sales team was very pleasant and efficient. Additionally, the people who did the installation were delightful… It was a hard...

What is Ply Gem?

Ply Gem is a manufacturer that specializes in the production, sale and installation of vinyl siding and home exterior products. It represents several top brands and offers a comprehensive selection with thousands of color, material and texture choices. Its product line includes:

• Siding
  • Shutters and accents
  • Gutters
  • Trim
  • Molding

Ply Gem sells lap, insulated, vertical and shake and shingle siding, in a range of materials including vinyl, steel and aluminum, as well as stone veneer exterior and interior accents. You can upload photos to preview designs for your home using its interactive design tool. Ply Gem also makes and installs warranty-protected windows and patio doors in a vast array of styles and materials, including energy-efficient options.

Ply Gem offers SolarDefense reflective technology siding, which protects from UV rays and is guaranteed not to fade. This siding increases energy efficiency and is made of recyclable material. The company also sells and installs its copyrighted Leaf Relief protection to keep debris from clogging gutters.

How does Ply Gem work?

Ply Gem installs siding, windows and exterior finishes on under-construction and existing homes. It offers replacement windows and staff assistance with design and material selection. You can choose a local professional installer via the website or arrange a contractor visit with a distributor for material pickup. You can’t purchase Ply Gem products on the website — if you’re interested in the company, let your contractor know.

When you shop for windows or doors online, Ply Gem will help you find the best options for new products or replacements and customize your solutions for optimum function and style.

Ply Gem window prices

Ply Gem doesn’t list pricing on its website, so you’ll have to contact a local contractor or supplier for product and service cost info, but its window prices range from $125 to $1,650 per unit. You can find a local installer with the search tool on the website; if you’re a professional interested in carrying Ply Gem, contact the company through the website or by phone.

Ply Gem FAQ

Who makes Ply Gem windows?
Cornerstone Building Brands owns the Ply Gem brand and makes Ply Gem windows.
How much do Ply Gem windows cost?
Pricing for Ply Gem windows varies by supplier due to installation costs. Unit prices range from $125 to $1,650 per window.
Are Ply Gem windows Energy Star-certified?
Many Ply Gem windows meet Energy Star standards, but requirements for Energy Star certification vary by climate area.
Does Home Depot sell Ply Gem windows?
Home Depot offers a limited selection of Ply Gem windows, including vinyl double-hung and sliding options.
How do you clean Ply Gem windows?
Clean vinyl Ply Gem windows with soap and water or non-abrasive cleaners for stubborn stains. Spray screens with water or a vacuum to remove dust. The Ply Gem website provides detailed instructions on how to remove windows to clean sashes.

Is Ply Gem good?

Ply Gem offers a comprehensive selection of siding colors and styles. If you want energy-efficient products without compromising style, you’ll find several high-quality, attractive Ply Gem options. The company’s SolarDefense technology is guaranteed to resist fading and distortion while reflecting sunlight to keep your home cooler. Ply Gem’s siding products are also backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Ply Gem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ply Gem?

Original review: May 18, 2022

The ultraviolet sealant that is applied between the two panes of glass on my sliding glass door started coming off leaving unsightly blotches. Ply Gem refuses to cover the labor cost to install replacement of the two year old door.

Ply Gem response

Hello. We apologize for the issues with your sliding glass door. Please contact the Customer Service Team directly at 888-975-9436 for information on warranty coverage and further assistance with this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

The customer service for warranty claims response was horrible. Filed claim for failed window on the 11th of November, 2021 and still waiting for a resolution on February 15th, 2022, I have sent several emails to inquire about the status of my claim, and no response was received from the two emails that were sent. Horrible customer service.

Ply Gem response

Hello, Maynard. We apologize for the issues you've had contacting our team. They've been experiencing increased volumes across all channels in the market resulting in delayed responses and processing times. You may contact them by phone at 888-975-9436. Otherwise, please send an email to Social@cornerstone-bb.com from the original email address used with your Name and Phone Number and we will ask them to look into this for you immediately. Again, we sincerely apologize. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Siding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Bought a window and installed it. After inspecting it closer we realized it was missing the locking latch. We wanted ply gem to send a replacement part so we sent a support email. After 3 months, still no response. Will have to purchase a new window from the store, take the latch off and return it.

Ply Gem response

Hello, Stefan. We apologize for the issues you've had contacting our Customer Service Team. You may contact them by phone at 888-975-9436. Otherwise, please send an email to Social@plygem.com from the original email address used with your Name and Phone Number and we will ask them to look into this for you. Again, we sincerely apologize. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

New house with Dual Pane Windows from Ply Gem: rivets rusting within 6 months of installation. Ply Gem said it won't replace with stainless steel ones even though we offered to buy them. Condensation forms on frame corners and windows at any spring/fall/winter temperature if humidity of house is not the same as outside. Ply Gem response is for us to open our windows until humidity equals outside. How does this make for an energy efficient house? Window blinds get so hot in the summer they collapse if I try to partially open blinds from top to bottom. Have a smaller bedroom with two windows in it. Room is 3 degrees colder than the rest of the house. Builder says to put an extra heater in the room??? Worse windows we have ever had.

Ply Gem response

Hello, Meeko. We are sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your Ply Gem purchase and warranty coverage. We would like to try to assist. Please send your Name, Phone Number, Email Address, and Order Number to social@plygem.com. Also, would you be able to additional provide photos of the issues you're having too? Again, we sincerely apologize. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

4 windows have broken glass. 2 have the wrong size glass. 1” short. Never seen this before. 1 has the glass not in the frame. Most windows have the gaskets pushed under the glass. Caulk is all over the frames and glass. I would never buy this brand again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Submitted warranty claim in July 2021 with immediate automated response of receiving the claim. No other contact. I called Plygem Customer service in September and was told not to even expect a reply to the claim until at least October. No one would help me figure out how to get a replacement window. Still waiting. Their window warranty program stinks.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Ply Gem did not honor the warranty on windows and has unethical employees and management. The matter of honoring the warranty was presented in court and they were ordered to pay for the replacement windows. This information can be verified as the court documents were filed along with the court case with the award for the money that is due. Plygem has advised that I should request the warranty from the builder and the warranty card states that Plygem must honor the warranty. The company does not honor the warranty. Buyer beware with the behavior.

Original review: June 10, 2021

We are having a new home built in Florida, by Taylor Morrison in Esplanade. They are contracted with Ply Gem windows, our permit was issued on 1/6/21, and we were told the order was placed within 2 weeks.. Our expected delivery date was 2/25/21... it is now 6/10/21 and still no windows.. This is a new development and we are seeing all the other homes around us (permitted way after us) have their Ply Gem windows installed and are moving forward..

So, as a consumer, we have to say this is a complete and utter failure by this vendor.. Our home is being delayed for months because of this companies inability to manufacture 10 windows and 2 sliding glass doors.. Whoever is managing the site in the Clermont, FL location should be fired immediately. An absolute disgrace, and we as buyers, get to take the brunt of their mismanaged, useless organization. This company can go to hell as far as we're concerned. Their extreme delay is costing us thousands of dollars and "angry" does not even come close to how we, as buyers, feel.

Ply Gem response

Hello, Russell. We sincerely apologize for the delays you've faced. If you could reply to this with the Order Number of your windows and your contact information we will ask the Customer Service Team to look into this and contact you. Again, we sincerely apologize for the delays and any inconvenience. Thank you.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I built my house on 2012. I contacted the company in 2018 and again this past month. Although my quiet willow greenhouse is now gray and has no green hue left to it. They have rejected my claim due to the color change not being within their warranty requirements. They state that the issue is due to gloss loss.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I had 20+ windows installed on my house in December of 2018. All the screens had the tabs break after 4 months. The window in the bedroom broke in the middle of the night. Not hit by anything, inside dual pane. I have been trying for a year and half jumping through all the hoops and stall tactics, send in this and that, take pictures, not the right manufacturer, San Pedro, east coast, west coast. Well it's not going to work. I am not going to give up and just eat all the defects. I have been contacting Toby at Cornerstone and Home Depot and an assorted other companies that Plygem keeps sending me to. The windows are PLYGEM and I want you to warrant this product. I paid an enormous price for these windows and they are thus far JUNK.

Ply Gem Company Information