Ply Gem Siding Group
3.71/5

Ply Gem Siding Group

Raleigh, North Carolina

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ply Gem is the #1 manufacturer of vinyl siding in North America. With exceptional durability, beautiful color choices, and an industry leading warranty, Ply Gem siding is the smart choice for homeowners. Ply Gem offers a variety of siding styles, materials, and other products such as gutters, fascia, and soffit. In addition to siding, Ply Gem also offers everything you need for your next home project such as windows, doors, stone, and more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

89 Ply Gem Siding Group Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I looked at the lifetime warranty, the subsequent warranty to successive buyers, and I looked at the price and the colors that were available. And I looked to see who installs that. The installer is very important. Our fence really looks nice and it's holding up very well. We had Mike from Vista install the fence and we are very, very satisfied with his work. I can't say enough about Ply Gem and about Mike. We were just tickled to death. It's a little bit more expensive than some of the other vinyl cheap stuff. But this is holding up good and it's holding up good in the sunlight.

We went with Ply Gem because of the colors. We wanted a natural cedar look that would have matched our house. So, we chose to go with the natural cedar and it looks really nice. Then, at the bottom, there's a concrete block wall. There was a little gap there and I asked if Mike could put something there. So, he took and put a square quarter around the bottom so we don't have the gap between the bottom of the fence and the top of the concrete block. He finished up and he dressed it up really nice.

I had one little problem. I had to call him back here because for some reason, some of the panels were shifting instead of staying straight. He replaced those and so far, that's fine. I would suggest that people looking for a siding provider go with Ply Gem if they're looking for a vinyl type fencing. You can get cheaper, more flimsy material that's gonna fade and warp and the sun is gonna discolor it and everything. But overall, if you're gonna invest that kind of money into a fence, you would wanna have something that really looks nice and is gonna stand up. So, I would say give Ply Gem a chance before you just go for the bottom dollar because when you look at all the benefits that come with Ply Gem, it's well worth it.

Hi Timothy,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing that you are pleased with the warranty, price, and color of your fence. We’re thrilled that it’s performing well and that you’re enjoying the look of it. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Get expert buying tips about Siding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The company that I wanted to work with locally recommended Ply Gem for my price point and for what I was looking for. So I tested their opinion. I would’ve liked a little bit more options than I was able to choose from though. That probably seems crazy because there are a lot of options. But I paid more money to get the darker colors and I was hoping for more of a darker brown than I was offered. Nonetheless, it’s been beautiful and wonderful. My house has a lot of custom trim and specifications, and I was glad Jim did the work versus a team that would have rushed through it. Jim was really meticulous and he took his time. He was really high quality and he did a really good job. He was out there in the freezing cold doing it too. It took four weeks but I didn’t mind the longer experience because I knew it was done well. Jim was fantastic.

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you would recommend our siding to others! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We worked directly with the contractor, Community Builders Supply, and they dealt with Ply Gem Siding for us. We picked out the type of siding that we wanted and the contractor came out and put it up. The siding that Ply Gem supplied is good, but I called about getting some pieces replaced. The guys came out and looked at the pieces, and we marked the spots. A guy had to order some of the siding as he didn't have those pieces in right then. But as soon as the new pieces came in, the contractor came out and put these on. They could take the old pieces out and put the new ones in.

Ply Gem had to replace six pieces which were really 12-foot strips but were only from four to seven feet long. But they did not replace three strips that had flaws in them. One piece had a little hole in it and was on the wrong section. Another piece had scratches in it and there was a little ball at the end of it. Also, when the siding installer put a strip on under the big picture window, they packed the piece underneath it which was a little loose. But otherwise, the product looks good. The color and style of the siding that we purchased make the biggest difference for our home and the color is nice. The cost of the siding is in the range, but I wouldn't have wanted it any higher. On the whole, I'm satisfied with the siding that we got from Ply Gem.

Hi Francis,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with the color, style and pricing of your siding. Although I hate to hear there are three strips with issues that were not replaced. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this so we can help you fix these strips.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I've seen other siding jobs that looked like crap after a few years. Ply Gem's stuff looked a lot more durable and I was looking for stuff that would last. Ply Gem brought me samples of what they had and explained to me all the background on the product. I was happy with what the rep told me about the use of it. I was worried about the contractor doing his estimate on the materials well enough being it's a one-shot call. If you're missing any of the components of the siding you're thinking to work with, you're kind of in a jam. We're down here deep in South Texas and I didn’t know how readily you can find any material if he were short any. Other than that, I'm happy with the siding. The fresh look that it gave off made a difference in my home. It looks like a good product and it's gonna beat the hell out of a vinyl siding. I'd recommend that friends use Ply Gem.

Hi Hank,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear you purchased our siding for its durability and that it's made a difference with the look of your home. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything else in the future.
Best,

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Ply Gem Siding was the first siding manufacturer that called, so we went with them and our experience with them was pretty good. The rep was good to deal with and the people that worked on the siding were fast, even if they were not the regular crew. The quality of the siding that we received is good, but it cost quite a bit more than it should have. Also, Ply Gem may have over-figured our siding because the installers carried off three whole pallets of that siding, so I got a feeling that I paid for those pallets and didn’t get them. But other than that, both the color and the style of the siding make a big difference and our home looks a lot better now that we have the Ply Gem siding on it.

Hi Walter,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm thrilled to hear how pleased you are with the quality of your siding and the installation team. I'd be more than happy to look into what siding you paid for vs. what siding you received as I can certainly understand you only want to receive what you paid for. Please contact me at ashley.stephenson@plygem.com if you'd like me to learn more about your specific situation.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ply Gem?

Original review: June 8, 2019

Ply Gem doesn't honor lifetime 100% warranty. I was forced to give them a star rating, should be zero or less. You will go through hell trying to give them all they ask from you, then will not honor the product. Couple years worth of trying to get help from the installer (Best Improvement, Paul **) and his supplier, (Duane **). They wouldn't return my calls. Lots of sleepless nights for me. Hope their businesses close down!

Original review: May 10, 2019

Our new house was build in fall of 2017 with Georgia Pacific Caliber High Performance Siding manufactured by Ply Gem. This is the most expensive siding GP sells with a Ply Gem lifetime warranty. Within 9 months sections of siding all over the house became wavy and discolored. It seems like the siding is delaminating from insulation backing. The distributor (Blue Link) and manufacturer (Ply Gem) reps came to the house and inspected the issue (Sept 2018) and said this was known issue due to a quality issue at Ply Gem. Samples of the bad siding were sent to Ply Gem (Sept 2018) for testing to process the warranty claim. I have followed up with Blue Link/Ply Gem multiple times since Sept 2018 and have received so many excuses for lack of progress on our claim. They won't even provide me the claim number.

1.) The person who handles the claim is out on medical leave.
2.) They lost the sample of siding.
3.) They moved their warranty department.
4.) They lost the test report.
5.) It might be installation related. The guys (Ply Gem and Blue Link reps) who inspected the house said it IS NOT an installation issue.

6.) They say they have never seen this before. (The reports on the is web site conclude differently)

Now I have been dealing with Keith ** (Regional Sales Manager Ply Gem). I am still getting the runaround. It is now May 2019 and our siding looks horrible! We have a new house with high performance expensive siding and have to come home and see our horrible looking siding everyday. Don't buy GP or Ply Gem siding!

Original review: May 6, 2019

My siding has faded horribly in one year! Their Minnesota rep. ABC siding, contractor Barc Industries and Mastic rep. Have done ZERO! I've had siding come off house twice! Fading bad! Installed wrong with seams open showing plywood behind it and not enough expansion room in other spots cause waving of siding. Battling this garbage over a year. Never again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The only reason why I chose Ply Gem Siding was that they were listed for the color that I wanted and I ended up getting the color grey. My home looks better now that I have the new siding. The quality of the siding is good and I haven't had any problems with it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I wish I could give this no stars but it won’t allow me to review it with no stars. We had Ply Gem siding put on our house to replace 30 year old siding. It has been on about 2 years. Within the first months of the installation we went on vacation. When we came back we noticed warping and bubbling so we called the installer. He came out and replaced it. Then it did it again. He told us to contact Ply Gem. I just got their answer. Apparently the siding can’t take heat and since the only heat it gets is from the sun I would suggest not to purchase this siding. I was told by their rep to plant a tree. How can siding not take heat it is meant for outside? I am very disappointed. My house looks ugly. Now we also have white run looking marks on it. Very expensive lesson. Don’t buy Ply Gem siding. I have noticed several others with the same problems and also was told by another contractor they would never install Ply Gem.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I had Ply Gem Siding Group redo the siding due to some weather damage and the quality was above average. It seemed very good. The finished product looked nice. It's only been about two years at this point, but it seems to be doing fine.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had Wade Jurney for a short period of time. They were very informational, but I feel like my house was just thrown up quickly. Shortly after a year of being in the house, I noticed that the caulking was starting to crack. That's outside the warranty, so I would have to do that myself. But they were understanding, and they were willing to get me in touch with the right people at the right time. It's my first home and my first purchase. I like being able to bounce ideas and making it my own, and the Mastic siding was good.

I love the color and style options I have with the Mastic siding. But the house was a new build, and someone already had made out the design. It wasn't my original from the ground up or my plan of the design, but we fell in love with it. I love the gray and the black panels a lot. It's the best aspect of the house to me in the design. The siding is nice outside when it rains, and so far, so good. Visiting Arizona only for a short period of time, I noticed that it was worth it to pay stuff.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The siding on our new home from Essex looks fantastic. This is my first time purchasing a house or seeing any kind of siding. It has a little bit of waviness to it in the sun, which has me a little bit concerned, but it's something one has with all siding and especially in a hot place like Columbia. Still, we're really happy with the product. It's great and it does its job. We chose the stone face package as well and so the colors complement. The siding and the batten board go really well together too. So, we're overall happy with the style and the outcome.

Original review: March 16, 2019

The durability of the Ply Gem siding made me go with them. I like the color and style of siding I purchased very much. Also, the rep I had was very professional.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Ply Gem is a mid-grade and it hit our price range. The first Ronco guy came to us and he had a nice booklet and a bunch of photos. He was very helpful on helping us decide what we wanted and he was also very super about getting a quote together. We had looked at another company but Ronco is way better in their knowledge, the way they measured, and the way they sell the product in general. It was an easy and nice process for us. Then, the installation went fine as well. They sent an inexperienced guy so he took a while but he did a fabulous job. Some people could get a little frustrated by that though. There was one little issue with the install stuff but Ronco came right back out and fixed it. While we're not that experienced with the siding, it looks good and seems to be good quality. We've been pleased with it and I would definitely recommend Ply Gem Siding.

Original review: March 1, 2019

The company that I used, ABC Exterior Services, used Ply Gem for siding. There was a sample book that we all could pick colors from and we liked the color green. However, I wasn't a huge fan of ABC. I don't think they did that great of a job with the installation. We failed our home inspection about six times. It was nothing on the product, ABC just didn't know what they were doing. Unfortunately, the siding keeps coming down since they didn't install it correctly. But the siding looks great and it passed a hail storm, so it's tough.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The experience I had with Ply Gem was excellent. Their sales team was very pleasant and efficient. Additionally, the people who did the installation were delightful. They were hardworking and very eager to do the job right. I had both a siding and a window put in, and I matched the existing colors. The job took nearly a week. It was a hard job and the installers went above and beyond. The job was at the back of a two-story building. It was two windows down, two windows up, and it was on a slope. So, they had to engineer scaffolding to reach the job, which they did with no problems. I would use Ply Gem Siding Group again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Martinek & Flynn suggested Ply Gem to me. I had them put sidings on as well as enclose old windows and a porch that was on the deck. I have dogs in my house and my grandkids will be there as well. I wanted good quality doors so I got the screen doors that their foreman Tony recommended. He said those would last forever and nothing could get through them. I just picked the color and style of those. For the windows, I wanted something that was light so I went with a vinyl-type material that looks really nice which Tony also said.

Their guys did the installation in no time. They had a big crew come at first and as the door or windows came in later, they had a couple of guys come back to finish the job. However, they had to take the gutters down and paint it on. I haven't done touch up for that yet. Still, I love the finished product thus far. It's beautiful. When I come in, it makes me feel so much better having this yellow-green house stuck out. It blends in really well especially in the winter when everything is pretty brown anyway.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I got a fence from Ply Gem and it was best for my property. I had a wood fence and it didn't hold up with weather. But this one that I got from Ply Gem is very weather-proof. It's color chocolate brown and looks very nice. I get many compliments on it. Moreover, the people there were very accommodating and kind. I'm very well satisfied with Ply Gem.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Ply Gem showed options of sidings that I could choose from. I wanted a slim siding and I like the color of it. JG Contracting came and did the work. They had put my roof and some sidings on my house. They did it quickly and cleaned up the mess, and then they were gone. Overall, I'm satisfied with the finish product. The cost in relation to quality was reasonable. With my new siding, my house looks better now.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I liked Ply Gem's durability. And I decided to go with vinyl since I was impressed with what they said about its lifetime warranty. Ply Gem's rep was good. He knew what he was talking about and he gave me some information about the product. Best Vinyl installed the product. Ply Gem told me that if I was gonna hire somebody to do the job, the warranty is voided, so I decided to go with Best Vinyl. The project took about a week. I like the product and I'm satisfied with the experience.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I remodeled my house and installed Ply Gem siding. I thought this was a reputable brand and even used the solar defense product. Within a year we had large and small blisters or bubbles throughout most of the siding. It looks terrible and is depressing to look at after spending so much money to redo our home. I would not recommend using this siding if you are fixing up your home unless you want to be let down.

Hi Shaun,
We appreciate you reaching out to us about this. We truly hate to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your siding and would like to try and make things right. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you and I'd be happy to connect you with the right person so we can look into your specific case.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We had Ply Gem Siding installed in our home a little over a year now and we had a positive experience. Our home looks fine after it was installed and the quality of the siding is acceptable. However, we have a concern about how it responds to direct sunlight because of a little bit of warping. Other than that, it's doing what we needed to, protecting the house and maintaining a nice appearance.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I had windows put in and Ply Gem did fascia and guttering for me last year. I told the owner what I wanted and he got right to it. He sent some guys out and they got things done in a day. This winter, with all of the ice we got, I was wondering if the gutters would hold up because of all the water coming off the roof. But it's a good product and they did a great job installing it. It looks awesome too. In fact, I had people comment on it all the time. Overall, I had a good experience with Ply Gem.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Greenworks fence got a pretty good reputation in ground works and the fence we chose is a beige-colored vinyl. We mostly got it for privacy and it looks nice. The person who came out to measure was top-notch. He was very easy to get ahold of, very personable and helpful. That part exceeds expectations. And then, the reps who we worked with were good, very courteous and friendly. They were also efficient and they came when they said they were gonna come. They put the post in one day, and then they came back and had to put in the fence the second day. Altogether, it took them eight hours to do the job. The quality of the new fencing is very good. It's a high price, but I am satisfied with it.

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for leaving a review! We're so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with Greenworks and that you love the quality of your new Ply Gem fence. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you ever need anything from us.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The original siding on the house from about five years ago was faded. It was a forest green color from Ply Gem and to match it, we used them again to replace the siding. They installed it and the quality of their work was good. Plus, the price was fair.

Hi Derek,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing that you are pleased with the price and quality of our siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We were doing a restoration after a hailstorm. I was looking mostly for color and a recommendation came from Allstate. We got Ply Gem and I'm very happy with it. It's nice and thick and has a pretty color. Also, so far, we had hailstorms and nothing has happened to it. But I did buy extra, in case. It's great stuff.

Hi Jean,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We love hearing you are pleased with the color and durability of our siding through the toughest of hailstorms! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Aesthetically, what Ply Gem did was amazing. It’s night and day from what we had before, and then from the overall efficiency standpoint, the home is certainly less draft and feels a little bit more energy-efficient. The project itself took a little bit longer to wrap up, but it was more limited to their install staff than anything else. We were expecting closer to six months, but there had been delay after delay and it ended up after a year by the time it was all said and done. My only complaint was just the overall timing it took to get the job done, but everything else has been great. It’s a great product. Not a single person has come to the property and not complemented the overall aesthetic appearance of it. I will definitely recommend them.

Hi Zachary,
Thank you for leaving us a review and recommending us. We hate to hear that your contractor took a bit longer than expected to finish the project, but we love that you're enjoying the look and energy efficiency of our siding! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Having Ply Gem siding on my house was one of the cheaper routes to go. The guy who did the installation was really good. He came out and did exactly what he was going to do. He was very informative. He lives down the road from us so it was really easy to talk to him. Also, the color and style of the siding are perfect for my house.

Hi Kasey,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing that you're enjoying the color, style and price of our siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We needed a fence put up for our dog and the Ply Gem Siding salesman explained to us what others used and what kind they use. He explained the material of it and it sounded durable. Plus, he was very personable and friendly and he made me feel comfortable. Although it took an extra day because of the rain, they were able to put the fencing up in about five days. The interest rate on the loan is ridiculous though. It's a 10% interest rate and I didn't realize how much that took away from my principal. Other than that, I love how the fence looks.

Hi Kristine,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review as we appreciate your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you had a great experience with one of our sales reps and that you love the look of your fence. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ply Gem expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This siding manufacturer offers several types of siding, including SolarDefense reflective technology siding and steel siding. Ply Gem siding can be customized for your home, and you can choose matching accents and accessories to complete the look of your home.

• Ply Gem siding options: There are several siding options to choose from, including steel siding and SolarDefense siding. Steel siding is the most durable type of siding and can withstand extreme weather while resisting fire, fading, insects and fading. SolarDefense siding provides advanced protection against the harsh rays of the sun and keeps your siding’s colors from fading.

• Ply Gem siding colors: Find Ply Gem siding in a variety of colors. Your local Ply Gem siding pro can provide you with product samples so you can see how it will look in person. Use Ply Gem’s interactive design tool to see how different colors of siding will look on your home, and save your favorites.

• Ply Gem Mastic siding: Ply Gem Mastic vinyl siding comes with SolarDefense technology, which ensures your siding won’t fade or distort. The siding wraps around your home, which makes sure there aren’t any cracks or gaps.

• Find a Ply Gem pro: Use the handy connect with a pro feature to find a Ply Gem professional in your area who can answer questions and help you find an installer for your new vinyl or steel siding.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs