It's that easy Request Information
3.34/5

Raleigh, North Carolina

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ply Gem is the #1 manufacturer of vinyl siding in North America. With exceptional durability, beautiful color choices, and an industry leading warranty, Ply Gem siding is the smart choice for homeowners. Ply Gem offers a variety of siding styles, materials, and other products such as gutters, fascia, and soffit. In addition to siding, Ply Gem also offers everything you need for your next home project such as windows, doors, stone, and more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

58 Ply Gem Siding Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My client, purchased thirty Windows from Ply Gem distributor, sales rep came out, measured the openings. When the windows arrived it was obvious they wouldn't fit. I called they came to verify and actually offered a labor credit to cut down the Windows to fit. New Windows!!! Now they have taken the position that it's our fault for not verifying their dimensions... I'm not getting anywhere, no stars.

Get expert buying tips about Siding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The company we had build our home decided to use the Ply Gem siding that we have. The person in sales was great. Also, the reps were very respectful, cordial and knowledgeable about the material. Compared to other competitors, they knew the pros and cons of using their siding. The only thing that I would like them to check on would be the fading, whether it’s just from the sun or if it is from the chemical compounds that they have in the mixture for the plastic. We’ve had it on for four and a half years and it’s already fading. Nonetheless, it looks really nice. We get a lot of wind through here even when it’s really cool, and the siding hasn’t become brittle. It’s a solid material and it’s definitely durable.

Hi Joshua,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience and the durability of our siding. Please let me know if you'd like our team to investigate the fading you mentioned and we'd be happy to look into this further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I had my new home built in 2011. The builder used Ply Gem Siding. By the summer of 2016 it started distorting on the north side. The siding on the entire north side of my home is warped and distorted from the sun. Ply Gem likes to boast about their great warranty. I submitted a warranty claim this summer before the warranty ran out and sample of the siding. I was denied warranty claim because of possible sun reflection from either a pool, a lot of concrete, or multiple windows from the neighbor's house all of which I don't have. They never even sent anyone out to look at it. Just sent me a rejection letter. The problem is that it's just cheap inferior siding. If you don't believe me ask them about their class action lawsuit.

Hi Jason,
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. After having our customer service team look into your case we did find that your home faces a neighboring home that has a single window in the side that is likely causing the reflective distortion on your siding. We typically offer replacement siding if corrections are made to the source of the reflection. For a window you can add full screens or a film made by 3-M that can be applied on the inside of the window. If this happens to be a Ply Gem window then we would be more than happy to send out a rep to verify and replace the window sash if necessary.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I am writing this email about my experience with Ply Gem Windows and sales representative, Greg **. I have had many delays, disappointments and undelivered promises. I ordered impact windows on October 9, 2018, for my home in which I was approved by a financial institution to do a self build. I partnered with Swift Supply in Pensacola, FL, for my building materials and expressed my interest in purchasing impact windows. They highly recommended your company.

The windows were ordered. The windows were received and it was discovered that the living room windows were the wrong size. Also, one of the master bedroom windows had a crack in the glass. The wrong size windows were returned and the correct size windows were ordered again on October 9th. I was informed the windows were shipped and they arrived on November 7, 2018. When Swift Supply received the the shipment, only window screens were shipped. How does this happen? Needless to say, this delayed me for the inspection and again delayed subcontractors. Time is money and this delayed my progress and scheduling.

Again, I was promised the windows would be delivered Friday, November 16th. I rescheduled contractors and the final framing inspection. The windows never came because the truck had to turn around and return to the company for some unknown reason. Disappointed again, we were told they would be delivered November 19th. The windows, once again, did not get delivered.

I called and spoke to Greg **. Mr. ** assured me he would investigate and get back to me. I never heard back from him. I sent him a text. Still no answer. Swift Supply also tried to make contact with him about the promised delayed windows. No one from the company would answer emails, text messages or phone calls. Once again, I am rescheduling contractors. Once again, I am paying on a loan for a house that has had numerous window delays for months, which halts my progress. I can't move forward with my construction and this is solely the fault of Ply Gem and the company's employees.

Now I'm being told that the windows were broken and have to be produced again. How do impact windows break? I feel I've been given the run around and the windows were possibly never made. Now, I'm told the new windows will be made and shipped on November 29th. How are they made so quickly now, when I was originally told it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to make? Something does not add up and I feel I've been given false information the entire time concerning these windows.

I would like to mention that my hometown is near the Panama City area where one of the worst hurricanes devastated that area. That adds to an already thriving construction boom. On a good day, in good conditions, hiring contractors and scheduling is a challenge. Add devastation from a hurricane where contractors are desperately needed and a deficient window company... that environment creates the perfect storm for building my home. It tripled the difficulty for scheduling contractors. My window of opportunity is slim to none to immediately reschedule them to do the job. I would like to be contacted by a manager concerning this issue and I would like to be directed to a site where I can leave a review about my experience with Ply Gem. This has been a nightmare and the worst customer experience I have ever had. I regret hiring you as my window contractor, but I have no choice at this point.

Hi Michelle,
I appreciate you reaching out to let us know about your experience. I truly hate to hear all of the issues you've had, so I'd like to try and make things right. Please let me know if you agree to have our customer service team email or call you. I'd be happy to connect you with a manager as you requested.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I had regular siding on the back side and the rest of the house is all in brick. The old siding on it was rotten and the rep from AmeriCraft told me about Ply Gem Mastic siding when they installed the windows. I had him appraise it and I liked the price. I also needed it really bad. The rep came out, measured and showed me the material. He was very honest and he did not pressure me. I got the new Mastic Ply Gem Siding on the back side and they reinforced it. I am so happy I got the sidings. I can feel the difference in the warmth and the coolness in the house. I like the looks of it and everybody that sees it says how nice it looks. I also love the color I got which was the right color for me. Ply Gem provided excellent service and I am very happy with them.

Hi Richard,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased with the color and look of the siding and that you experienced a temperature improvement within your home! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ply Gem?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The company that I wanted to work with locally recommended Ply Gem for my price point and for what I was looking for. So I tested their opinion. I would’ve liked a little bit more options than I was able to choose from though. That probably seems crazy because there are a lot of options. But I paid more money to get the darker colors and I was hoping for more of a darker brown than I was offered. Nonetheless, it’s been beautiful and wonderful. My house has a lot of custom trim and specifications, and I was glad Jim did the work versus a team that would have rushed through it. Jim was really meticulous and he took his time. He was really high quality and he did a really good job. He was out there in the freezing cold doing it too. It took four weeks but I didn’t mind the longer experience because I knew it was done well. Jim was fantastic.

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you would recommend our siding to others! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I re-sided my house because I lost the whole house siding and all the roof to hail. I had aluminium on my house and I didn’t want vinyl, so we went with steel. Soeksen Construction did the steel siding from Ply Gem, and the helpers weren’t real happy with me because steel is a little harder to put on than vinyl. Nevertheless, it's very nice-looking.

Hi Kay,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear that you love your steel siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Siding was put on a new home and 1.5 years later blotchy white spots of various sizes, shapes and location started appearing. It keeps getting worse and my home of 3 years has ugly siding now. Company has refused to do anything about it. How crazy to ask you to send them a piece of siding then find out their representative cut it up and they returned to you a fraction of a piece. Luckily the local supplier replaced the piece. I have been 6 months getting to this point of finding out they will not stand behind their product. I would not recommend this company. Customer service is very slow and apparently they do not stand behind the product - they try to blame you.

Hi Kathy,
I appreciate you letting us know about this issue. I absolutely hate to hear that you have not had a good experience and that you had spots on your siding. I would like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you again. I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We remodeled house and garage and built a new garage. We used 6000 sq ft of siding. Paid more for upgraded more durable siding that had a good reputation and was recommended by contractor. Job's not even a years old. Siding is warped so bad it’s buckling and looks awful. It’s even popping apart at seams. Submitted claim and Ply Gem stated problem was due to installation. Contractor stated that he never had this problem before And has been a contractor for over 20 years. Contractor highly recommended the product. Just wish we could have the house we wanted and paid for. I desperately need someone to stand behind it.

Hi Lara,
Thank you for letting us know about this. I hate to hear that you've been experiencing warped siding, so I'd like to try and make things right as your siding should be under warranty. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you and I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Ply Gem came highly recommended by the contractor that we had. He brought samples of a few difference. We wanted a wider slat and that was the best product with the wider slat. It's a great product and the cost was good. The color of our home used to be a purply mauve color. Now it's a grayish green.

Hi Sarah,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear you love our siding. If you ever need anything else from us, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My house was built 2 years ago. The siding is showing significant fading/discoloration and it’s now 2 very different colors. The company admitted to an ingredient mix issue that seems to be pretty widespread. My builder advised that several homes, builders, and building supply stores are impacted. They have agreed to replace the siding on the entire house. If you have this same issue, you’ll need to file a claim.

Hi Yari,
I appreciate you letting me know about this. I've already reached out to our customer service team to confirm that we do not have and are not aware of any "ingredient mix issue." However, if you are experiencing fading or discoloration with your siding then I'd like to try and help make things right. Please let me know if you'd like for me to connect you with our customer service team so we can get that fixed.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had more of a wooden type siding before and some of it was rotting. I wanted all the rotten pieces taken off. I got tan sidings from Ply Gem, and asked them if they could send out someone that speaks English so I could have my answers if I had questions. But that never worked. When they put the sidings on, we had horrible weather and it was zero degree wind chill.

There was a guy and his helper putting the sidings on, and even the neighbors couldn’t believe we had somebody doing it in that degree of weather. That pissed me off, and then I knew that one side was fairly bad. They told me that everything was supposed to be okay, and they were gonna replace all the wooden parts so it wasn't rotting stuff underneath. So I left for work in the morning and there was two more pieces of plywood. When I came back, the side was sided, and the plywood was on the snow with this guy’s tools all over it. So, I’ve probably had rotten siding under the siding that they put on. They told me that they've probably had other siding that they put under. But I bet that if I rip that off, there would be some rotten siding under there. So I was not pleased at all.

There was a guy that was supposed to oversee the work and when I called and asked him about something to make sure that they were gonna do it, he was home sick with kid. He couldn't come because he was on vacation. I think they’re trying to use up their vacation by the end of the year, so I had rather waited till spring and had it done correctly. Also, when I was walking to my car in the driveway, I saw that I parked on some nails and piercing pieces. I tried telling these to the Casey Nelson Exterior rep but he just said everything was fine and the stuff underneath was replaced. I was not happy with the way the whole deal was done.

Hi Dale,
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as I hate to hear about the experience you've had so far. I’d like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team get to the bottom of this.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We built our house in 2009 and decided to have Alcoa Mastic Ply Gem brown cedar shake siding put on our house. The siding looked very nice. After about 5 years there was definite fading and some warpage but it didn't appear to be terrible. At 7 1/2 years we noticed lots of fading as did friends etc. Our builder also said something about it when he came out for another project 7 years later and recommended that I call the manufacturer to have someone from there take a look at it. I called and explained my concerns. Right away I was told that brown doesn't have a lifetime warranty (even though the box and paper inside that says limited lifetime warranty makes no mention of brown being exempt). I persisted and he said to send in a sample piece. After several weeks I call and am told that the color hasn't faded near enough even if it was under warranty. Bottom line is they have no intention of covering a warranty claim.

When you purchase vinyl siding no one expects that you would have to replace it in 7 years. We have a 5000 sq. ft. house covered in this poorly engineered product. Recently we've hired a company to paint the whole exterior and it looks good. I am concerned however about how long the paint will stick to this type of material. Never figured we would be painting our house with vinyl siding on it.

I've been meaning to write a review on this product for a long time. I believe the good reviews you see on this site are from people who've recently had this siding installed. I'd be curious how they would change after just 5 to 7 years. I live in Ohio and when I asked the Mastic representative what happens to this product in states like Florida with fading and warpage I was told there is no difference. Seems very hard to believe. Don't buy this product. It warps and fades much more than anyone would expect and Alcoa/Mastic has no intentions of providing any warranty compensation.

Hi Kevin,
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hate to hear that you’ve been experiencing fading and warping with your siding so I’d like to try and help make things right. If you’re interested, I’d be more than happy to try and have our warranty team look into this again for you?

Ashley – Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

A rep from Ply Gem came out and did measurements. He came back and their price was right so we went with them. One day during the week, I came home and the siding was all done. The installers left no evidence that they had been here except for the gutter. The workmanship was of good quality. We went with the darker color and it goes very well with the house. Our house looks better since we installed the siding. I'd recommend Ply Gem.

Hi Tyler,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and for recommending Ply Gem! We're so happy to hear how pleased you were with the quality, price and color of your siding. If there's ever anything that you need from us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We bought our mobile home brand new. We worked with Palm Harbor Homes last year. With the specifications, they offered choices that we could pick from. We liked the color of the siding from Ply Gem. However, it's only a year old and it already has a couple of holes in it from cracks. It has a couple of cracks in it on the front and I don't know how the cracks could've gotten there because it's not where you can reach them from either of the porches.

The siding is brittle too. When my husband was mowing, he tried to mow with the mower part away from the house but still, we got a couple of holes from it. It just breaks. It's ridiculous and we don't like it. We are already talking about how we are gonna probably have to replace the siding. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from Palm Harbor. They're way overpriced for the product they put out. And we will never do business with anybody who does business with Palm Harbor because they hire inferior vendors. Stay away from Ply Glen. Do your research and look into other products.

Hi Kathleen,
I appreciate you letting us know about this. I absolutely hate to hear that your experiencing cracks with your siding and would like to try and make things right. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you and I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I like the color and the texture that our siding from Ply Gem has. Its cost was good and the quality is excellent. Ply Gem's reps were perfect and the two gentlemen who came out knew exactly what they were doing. They were really good.

Hi Sharon,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear that you love the color, price and quality of our siding. If there's anything else we can ever assist you with please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Ply Gem is a trusted siding company our town use. The owner took out samples and all of the little booklet things in our driveway, and it was really quick and easy. He has been doing this a long time. And so far, the quality of the siding is good. It can withstand quite a hit. The picture of our house before and after is like night and day because before, we had original 1929 wood siding, and its paint was peeling and it was ugly.

Hi Chelsea,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled to hear how pleased you are with your siding!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We ordered Ply Gem windows for our new house and we were assured that they would withstand winter winds without leaking. Well they don't. Each year I add insulation and tape to block cold drafts that will hurt my heating bill. I listened to their rep and went with them for the entire house. When I called them within a year they sent out a crew to add rubber pads to help insulate. Did little, so when I called back during winter to say it didn't help they said the year is up and it's too late. DON'T BUY WINDOWS FROM THIS COMPANY. No matter how much you can save you will get screwed in the end and have to spend more to replace the junk Ply Gem windows.4

Updated on 10/24/2018: The company rep contacted me after my review here and said they would send a Regional Manager to my home. First reaction - about time they took my problem seriously. After the rep looked at the windows here is the result; George (regional manager from New Jersey came to my home in Virginia) inspected the windows on the northwest side of the house (winter wind) and found no product or installation defects. Told him that wasn't the problem from the start. The windows leak from both sides of the top of the lower sash. He said "that is the design of the window. There is no way to stop air from coming out the top left and right sides. They call that the chimney effect."

I told him if the rep would have told me that would happen I would have purchased the best windows that he said have a different design and probably won't leak like these do. But because there isn't an installation problem or defective product problem they can't and won't do anything. They consider the leaks to be a part of the way they design these windows. WHAT? During winter you will get cold air rushing up the sides and YOU will have to shove insulation down the sides then tape the entire top to keep out drafts. If you consider buying these pieces of crap this company knowingly knows LEAK then the JOKE will be on you.

Hi Frank,
I truly hate to hear that you've been experiencing leaking issues with your windows. I’d like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My contractor showed me Ply Gem Siding Group and he did a great job of presenting everything to me. He came back with another guy and we went over the different colors. I picked blue. It took three weeks for the siding to be installed. The installers did a great job with it and we had very good interactions with them. My house looks better with Ply Gem's mastic siding.

Hi Aldo,
We're thrilled to hear that you love the look of your house with Ply Gem's Mastic siding and we thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Our home looks better with the Mastic Ply Gem Siding. My husband liked it and EM Rose Company said it was the best one that they preferred. The color of the siding made a big difference in our house and its durability has been fantastic. The cost was very reasonable as well. I've been happy with it.

Hi Keristin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you love the look, durability and cost of Ply Gem's Mastic siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything!

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Ply Gem quoted me a price and I hired them. The rep answered my questions and we went from there. So far, we like the quality of our sidings. Go get sidings from Ply Gem.

Hi Jesse,
Thanks so much for recommending us! We're so glad to hear that you like the quality of our siding and hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a good experience with the installation and with how the siding looks. I would recommend Ply Gem. I'm happy with the way my house looks now that I've gotten their siding. I went from very old siding to brand new that was in good shape and a different color. I dealt with Terry who owns the company. I’ve been dealing with him and his father for over 20 years. They’re great! Terry knows that I’m very pleased with the work that his crew does because I had them back for a myriad of things. They’ve done windows, roofing, siding and gutters for me. They use a quality product and their work is excellent. I’m very happy with the cost and the quality too. I don’t think I overpaid or their materials to be cheap.

Hi Carol,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear how pleased you are with the installation and look of your siding!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The company I hired uses Ply Gem. It was a good price and they did a really good job with the installation. They were respectful but they should have kept in better contact on scheduling. It took only a couple of days and they cleaned up really well. They installed a nice 12-foot siding. Although I wish it would've come in longer lengths. But I really like the color and the style of it. I chose an English Wedgewood. I kind of wanted to stay from the other colors that everybody else in the neighborhood had. There were a couple gray ones, but this one is kind of a bluish gray. And that's why I went with all of the white corners, trims, eaves, and everything. Also, the quality has been really good so far. I've had it for three to four months and I would like to see how it holds up in the hail storm.

Hi Bennett,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you are pleased with the color, price and quality of your siding!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We worked directly with the contractor, Community Builders Supply, and they dealt with Ply Gem Siding for us. We picked out the type of siding that we wanted and the contractor came out and put it up. The siding that Ply Gem supplied is good, but I called about getting some pieces replaced. The guys came out and looked at the pieces, and we marked the spots. A guy had to order some of the siding as he didn't have those pieces in right then. But as soon as the new pieces came in, the contractor came out and put these on. They could take the old pieces out and put the new ones in.

Ply Gem had to replace six pieces which were really 12-foot strips but were only from four to seven feet long. But they did not replace three strips that had flaws in them. One piece had a little hole in it and was on the wrong section. Another piece had scratches in it and there was a little ball at the end of it. Also, when the siding installer put a strip on under the big picture window, they packed the piece underneath it which was a little loose. But otherwise, the product looks good. The color and style of the siding that we purchased make the biggest difference for our home and the color is nice. The cost of the siding is in the range, but I wouldn't have wanted it any higher. On the whole, I'm satisfied with the siding that we got from Ply Gem.

Hi Francis,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with the color, style and pricing of your siding. Although I hate to hear there are three strips with issues that were not replaced. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this so we can help you fix these strips.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I've seen other siding jobs that looked like crap after a few years. Ply Gem's stuff looked a lot more durable and I was looking for stuff that would last. Ply Gem brought me samples of what they had and explained to me all the background on the product. I was happy with what the rep told me about the use of it. I was worried about the contractor doing his estimate on the materials well enough being it's a one-shot call. If you're missing any of the components of the siding you're thinking to work with, you're kind of in a jam. We're down here deep in South Texas and I didn’t know how readily you can find any material if he were short any. Other than that, I'm happy with the siding. The fresh look that it gave off made a difference in my home. It looks like a good product and it's gonna beat the hell out of a vinyl siding. I'd recommend that friends use Ply Gem.

Hi Hank,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear you purchased our siding for its durability and that it's made a difference with the look of your home. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything else in the future.
Best,

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I got a new house from Rochester Homes and they had put Ply Gem siding on it. Our interaction with the contractor that we worked with there was fine. At this point, the siding that we received is doing okay in quality and everything is okay as well with its cost, but what really makes the biggest difference for our home is the color of the siding. Everything went pretty well with the Ply Gem siding.

Hi Leroy,
I'm thrilled to hear how pleased you are with the color, cost and quality of our siding. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive review! Please let us know if there's anything else we can ever assist you with.
Best,

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Ply Gem Siding was the first siding manufacturer that called, so we went with them and our experience with them was pretty good. The rep was good to deal with and the people that worked on the siding were fast, even if they were not the regular crew. The quality of the siding that we received is good, but it cost quite a bit more than it should have. Also, Ply Gem may have over-figured our siding because the installers carried off three whole pallets of that siding, so I got a feeling that I paid for those pallets and didn’t get them. But other than that, both the color and the style of the siding make a big difference and our home looks a lot better now that we have the Ply Gem siding on it.

Hi Walter,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm thrilled to hear how pleased you are with the quality of your siding and the installation team. I'd be more than happy to look into what siding you paid for vs. what siding you received as I can certainly understand you only want to receive what you paid for. Please contact me at ashley.stephenson@plygem.com if you'd like me to learn more about your specific situation.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The manufacturing company chose Ply Gem Siding for the siding of our brand-new home. It was all done by the contractor, Jacobson. The quality of the siding that we received is good and we like its color and style.

Hi William,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a positive review. I'm so happy to hear that you're pleased with the color, style and quality of our siding! Please let us know if there's anything else we can ever assist you with.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Ply Gem was the siding that my contractor picked and it looks fine. We haven’t had any issues with it so far and I would recommend it.

Hi Sharon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! We value your feedback and appreciate you recommending us.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Ply Gem was selected by the builder and the new siding looked good with my new home. In two weeks, the sidings would be in for a year and so far, everything has held out just fine. I haven’t had any problems with the material itself. However, the whole warranty process cost me money and a lot of stress so I am dissatisfied. There was a warranty form and it always had an address to mail. However, nobody at the office knew what they were doing when I reached out for the form which detailed all the serial numbers, windows, date of install and other information to assure that the windows were covered under warranty. Every person I got, they had no idea where to go to give these windows’ warranty or who to send it to.

I mailed in the warranty and nobody picked it up at the office address it was posted at so it was returned to me. I sent a certified mail at the request of the district manager for Ply Gem and that was still returned to me. It was $15 or so by the amount of times I sent the certified mail and only got it returned. It took me a year to get in contact with somebody at the company to get the windows registered. They should streamline the process and work out the kinks.

Ply Gem expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This siding manufacturer offers several types of siding, including SolarDefense reflective technology siding and steel siding. Ply Gem siding can be customized for your home, and you can choose matching accents and accessories to complete the look of your home.

• Ply Gem siding options: There are several siding options to choose from, including steel siding and SolarDefense siding. Steel siding is the most durable type of siding and can withstand extreme weather while resisting fire, fading, insects and fading. SolarDefense siding provides advanced protection against the harsh rays of the sun and keeps your siding’s colors from fading.

• Ply Gem siding colors: Find Ply Gem siding in a variety of colors. Your local Ply Gem siding pro can provide you with product samples so you can see how it will look in person. Use Ply Gem’s interactive design tool to see how different colors of siding will look on your home, and save your favorites.

• Ply Gem Mastic siding: Ply Gem Mastic vinyl siding comes with SolarDefense technology, which ensures your siding won’t fade or distort. The siding wraps around your home, which makes sure there aren’t any cracks or gaps.

• Find a Ply Gem pro: Use the handy connect with a pro feature to find a Ply Gem professional in your area who can answer questions and help you find an installer for your new vinyl or steel siding.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs