It's that easy Request Information
2.51/5
Based on 39 reviews that contain star ratings

Kansas City, KS

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ply Gem offers a wide variety of exterior building products. From windows, doors, and siding to fences and railings, Ply Gem has everything you need for your next home project. Whether you are in need of renovation ideas or simply looking for more information about our products, visit our website or contact us today to learn more about what we have to offer.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

41 Ply Gem Siding Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Ply Gem is a trusted siding company our town use. The owner took out samples and all of the little booklet things in our driveway, and it was really quick and easy. He has been doing this a long time. And so far, the quality of the siding is good. It can withstand quite a hit. The picture of our house before and after is like night and day because before, we had original 1929 wood siding, and its paint was peeling and it was ugly.

Hi Chelsea,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled to hear how pleased you are with your siding!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Get expert buying tips about Siding delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We ordered Ply Gem windows for our new house and we were assured that they would withstand winter winds without leaking. Well they don't. Each year I add insulation and tape to block cold drafts that will hurt my heating bill. I listened to their rep and went with them for the entire house. When I called them within a year they sent out a crew to add rubber pads to help insulate. Did little, so when I called back during winter to say it didn't help they said the year is up and it's too late. DON'T BUY WINDOWS FROM THIS COMPANY. No matter how much you can save you will get screwed in the end and have to spend more to replace the junk Ply Gem windows.4

Hi Frank,
I truly hate to hear that you've been experiencing leaking issues with your windows. I’d like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My contractor showed me Ply Gem Siding Group and he did a great job of presenting everything to me. He came back with another guy and we went over the different colors. I picked blue. It took three weeks for the siding to be installed. The installers did a great job with it and we had very good interactions with them. My house looks better with Ply Gem's mastic siding.

Hi Aldo,
We're thrilled to hear that you love the look of your house with Ply Gem's Mastic siding and we thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Ply Gem quoted me a price and I hired them. The rep answered my questions and we went from there. So far, we like the quality of our sidings. Go get sidings from Ply Gem.

Hi Jesse,
Thanks so much for recommending us! We're so glad to hear that you like the quality of our siding and hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a good experience with the installation and with how the siding looks. I would recommend Ply Gem. I'm happy with the way my house looks now that I've gotten their siding. I went from very old siding to brand new that was in good shape and a different color. I dealt with Terry who owns the company. I’ve been dealing with him and his father for over 20 years. They’re great! Terry knows that I’m very pleased with the work that his crew does because I had them back for a myriad of things. They’ve done windows, roofing, siding and gutters for me. They use a quality product and their work is excellent. I’m very happy with the cost and the quality too. I don’t think I overpaid or their materials to be cheap.

Hi Carol,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear how pleased you are with the installation and look of your siding!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ply Gem?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The company I hired uses Ply Gem. It was a good price and they did a really good job with the installation. They were respectful but they should have kept in better contact on scheduling. It took only a couple of days and they cleaned up really well. They installed a nice 12-foot siding. Although I wish it would've come in longer lengths. But I really like the color and the style of it. I chose an English Wedgewood. I kind of wanted to stay from the other colors that everybody else in the neighborhood had. There were a couple gray ones, but this one is kind of a bluish gray. And that's why I went with all of the white corners, trims, eaves, and everything. Also, the quality has been really good so far. I've had it for three to four months and I would like to see how it holds up in the hail storm.

Hi Bennett,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you are pleased with the color, price and quality of your siding!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We worked directly with the contractor, Community Builders Supply, and they dealt with Ply Gem Siding for us. We picked out the type of siding that we wanted and the contractor came out and put it up. The siding that Ply Gem supplied is good, but I called about getting some pieces replaced. The guys came out and looked at the pieces, and we marked the spots. A guy had to order some of the siding as he didn't have those pieces in right then. But as soon as the new pieces came in, the contractor came out and put these on. They could take the old pieces out and put the new ones in.

Ply Gem had to replace six pieces which were really 12-foot strips but were only from four to seven feet long. But they did not replace three strips that had flaws in them. One piece had a little hole in it and was on the wrong section. Another piece had scratches in it and there was a little ball at the end of it. Also, when the siding installer put a strip on under the big picture window, they packed the piece underneath it which was a little loose. But otherwise, the product looks good. The color and style of the siding that we purchased make the biggest difference for our home and the color is nice. The cost of the siding is in the range, but I wouldn't have wanted it any higher. On the whole, I'm satisfied with the siding that we got from Ply Gem.

Hi Francis,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with the color, style and pricing of your siding. Although I hate to hear there are three strips with issues that were not replaced. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this so we can help you fix these strips.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I've seen other siding jobs that looked like crap after a few years. Ply Gem's stuff looked a lot more durable and I was looking for stuff that would last. Ply Gem brought me samples of what they had and explained to me all the background on the product. I was happy with what the rep told me about the use of it. I was worried about the contractor doing his estimate on the materials well enough being it's a one-shot call. If you're missing any of the components of the siding you're thinking to work with, you're kind of in a jam. We're down here deep in South Texas and I didn’t know how readily you can find any material if he were short any. Other than that, I'm happy with the siding. The fresh look that it gave off made a difference in my home. It looks like a good product and it's gonna beat the hell out of a vinyl siding. I'd recommend that friends use Ply Gem.

Hi Hank,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear you purchased our siding for its durability and that it's made a difference with the look of your home. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything else in the future.
Best,

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I got a new house from Rochester Homes and they had put Ply Gem siding on it. Our interaction with the contractor that we worked with there was fine. At this point, the siding that we received is doing okay in quality and everything is okay as well with its cost, but what really makes the biggest difference for our home is the color of the siding. Everything went pretty well with the Ply Gem siding.

Hi Leroy,
I'm thrilled to hear how pleased you are with the color, cost and quality of our siding. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive review! Please let us know if there's anything else we can ever assist you with.
Best,

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Ply Gem Siding was the first siding manufacturer that called, so we went with them and our experience with them was pretty good. The rep was good to deal with and the people that worked on the siding were fast, even if they were not the regular crew. The quality of the siding that we received is good, but it cost quite a bit more than it should have. Also, Ply Gem may have over-figured our siding because the installers carried off three whole pallets of that siding, so I got a feeling that I paid for those pallets and didn’t get them. But other than that, both the color and the style of the siding make a big difference and our home looks a lot better now that we have the Ply Gem siding on it.

Hi Walter,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm thrilled to hear how pleased you are with the quality of your siding and the installation team. I'd be more than happy to look into what siding you paid for vs. what siding you received as I can certainly understand you only want to receive what you paid for. Please contact me at ashley.stephenson@plygem.com if you'd like me to learn more about your specific situation.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The manufacturing company chose Ply Gem Siding for the siding of our brand-new home. It was all done by the contractor, Jacobson. The quality of the siding that we received is good and we like its color and style.

Hi William,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a positive review. I'm so happy to hear that you're pleased with the color, style and quality of our siding! Please let us know if there's anything else we can ever assist you with.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Ply Gem was the siding that my contractor picked and it looks fine. We haven’t had any issues with it so far and I would recommend it.

Hi Sharon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! We value your feedback and appreciate you recommending us.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Ply Gem was selected by the builder and the new siding looked good with my new home. In two weeks, the sidings would be in for a year and so far, everything has held out just fine. I haven’t had any problems with the material itself. However, the whole warranty process cost me money and a lot of stress so I am dissatisfied. There was a warranty form and it always had an address to mail. However, nobody at the office knew what they were doing when I reached out for the form which detailed all the serial numbers, windows, date of install and other information to assure that the windows were covered under warranty. Every person I got, they had no idea where to go to give these windows’ warranty or who to send it to.

I mailed in the warranty and nobody picked it up at the office address it was posted at so it was returned to me. I sent a certified mail at the request of the district manager for Ply Gem and that was still returned to me. It was $15 or so by the amount of times I sent the certified mail and only got it returned. It took me a year to get in contact with somebody at the company to get the windows registered. They should streamline the process and work out the kinks.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Our neighbor had his house done with Ply Gem Siding and I liked the job that was done. Community Builders put a roof on and sided the house. I also went with Ply Gem siding, in the pewter color, and I also got an entry door. Ply Gem was pricey but everybody likes how my home looks with the siding.

Hi Ron,
We love to hear that you liked your neighbor's siding so much that you decided to get it yourself! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
Take care,

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We have waited four months for Ply Gem to replace the defective door they sent to Home Depot and two installers said they are defective and cannot be installed and Ply Gem does NOTHING!!! NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BY PLY GEM CRAP.

Hi Charles,
I absolutely hate to hear that you’ve been having issues with the installation of your door and for the amount of time that it’s taken. It’s very important to me that our customers are 100% satisfied, so I’d like to try and make things right for you. Please let me know if you’d like me to reach out to our customer service team so they can look into your specific situation.

Ashley, Social Media Specialist

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

More than one friend of ours had their sidings done and they both said Ply Gem was great. The owner was very good with helping pick out colors and if you can call him anytime for any concerns. You should listen to what he has to say and look at your house. He was also very personable and kind. His group of guys who worked were very respectful and did a major clean up afterwards. We had a couple of other quotes but with what he put on our house, we were very happy with the price. We loved what they did with our house. Some of my relatives did not recognize my house and drove right past it.

Hi Linda,
We're so happy to hear that you love your siding and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Please feel free to reach back out if you ever need anything else from us!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: July 19, 2018

I built a new house 15' off the ground. Two stories used mastic cedar siding and ended up with zebra stripes diagonally on every side and was told that product is not defective? Really no warranty at all. Nothing. Cost to me to change 35000. Nice product huh. Not!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

They will find any reason not to support a warranty claim. Their letter to me refusing my claim said that the problem with my shutters (that were warping after only 5 years) was “something they had seen when the shutters were not properly installed.” After I got the builder involved and notified NV Homes that I was going to hold them accountable for the invalidation of my Mastic/Ply Gem lifetime warranty due to improper installation, they contacted Ply Gem. Ply Gem said that they never said the shutters were improperly installed, only that they “appeared” to be improperly installed. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE!

Updated on 07/30/2018: In response to my previous public post, Heather, who sounds very concerned about my experience with Mastic/Ply Gem garbage, has indicated I would get a phone call. I won’t. Even when NV Homes stepped up and replaced the Mastic/Ply Gem garbage shutters in my house (that were so warped that they were blowing off my house), the new installer asked Mastic/Ply Gem (quacks) to provide clear installation instructions. They refused. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I am working with NV Homes to get them replaced as a supplier.

Mark,
I have forwarded your post to our customer service team. I am sorry you're having issues, and our team will be in contact with you next week. I will be sending you a note privately to ensure I've received all of your information.

Heather

Original review: April 25, 2018

My husband and I own a Siding Co. for the past 34 years. 12 years ago we were introduced to this siding, made by Ply Gem. Never had an issue until 2015. We did a siding job with the Ovation Siding. A 2 story home. When we finished the back wall of the home we notice most of the panels were wavy, curling at the ends and light streaks everywhere. I went to Passaic Metal Building products in Clifton, NJ, I spoke with the sales rep, he came out to inspect and said he needed to contact Ply Gem/Mastics and that he would get back to me. A so called inspector named Matthew **, came out to inspect. He just looked at the siding and said he would get back to me. A few weeks went by and because we did a contract with the homeowner and I knew it wasn't our fault because we do not make the siding, we just install. I felt as though I had to take care of this situation.

After going through the problem and waiting on Passaic Metal, where we purchased the material, with no answer for a couple of days, we then got a call from Mr. ** stating that it wasn't installed right!! Our company have been doing Siding for the past 34 years!!! We decided to contact our attorney. When Passaic Metal received the letter from our attorney, Passaic Metal reacted quickly and gave my husband the materials to re-do the wall. Later we received a check from Mastic for the labor. We figured then that things happen and maybe this siding just had a bad batch of siding that was damaged. After that job we went on to do 15 homes with the same material and no problem at all. Until late 2016, we were installing siding on a home, finished the job with no problem.

After 6 months of finishing the job we get a call from the homeowner saying that there was something wrong with the siding. The siding was buckling, wavy and curled at the ends. Only parts of the siding, not the whole thing. Once again I got a hold of the sales rep. and told him that the problem with the siding has happened again! He once again got in contact with Ply Gem/Mastic and was told they would send out a rep to inspect the siding. The rep came out 2 days later took a look at the siding and said "I will tell the sales rep to give you the siding and I will mail you out a check for the labor (which he never did)". He also mentioned to me that he comes from Philadelphia and he had to go and see 2 other jobs with the same issue! After fixing and replacing the siding, we contacted Ply Gem and they said it was not installed right!!! "That seems to be their line", and was NEVER paid for the labor.

After this siding we went on to do our last siding with this material, but this time we used Millcreek Siding. Thinking that this was another siding but still made by Ply Gem/Mastic. We did this house and after a few months the homeowner send me pictures of his siding. The siding was extremely wrinkled, wavy and buckling at the ends.

This time I was so mad. I went to the sales rep, he got in contact with Ply Gem, they once again sent Mr. **, who really never installed siding in his life and doesn't know a thing about installation, and goes by a piece of paper. He said that he would send a report later to the sales rep and he would get in contact with me. When the report came in, he stated the siding was installed wrong!!! We did a house down the street from this house with the same siding but different color, and the house has NO problem what so ever!! The so called inspector said that the panels of siding did not move back and forth.

I went took pictures and a video which shows the panels moving back and forth!!! After all this, We refuse to put PLY GEM/MASTIC/MILLCREEK & OVATION SIDING ON ANY HOME!!! This company does not stick to their warranty, they don't give a damn about the homeowner or the contractors that are making them rich!!! When I spoke to the President of Passaic Metal where we purchased the materials, I told him that I would give my customers all the information they needed to sue Ply/Gem Mastic, if they wanted to go that route.

I was told by the President of Passaic Metal that Ply/Gem are a rich company with millions of dollars and that it would not hurt them what so ever! But I say to every Homeowner/Contractor, find out where the type of materials are being brought and installed on your home, DO NOT PURCHASE ANY MATERIALS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH PLY/GEM, MASTIC SIDING!!! SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION. Ply Gem will not honor their warranty what so ever. I hope they get their day in court and lose their business!!!

Lisa,

First of all, I apologize for the delayed response. I now have access to respond to customers on this site. I am forwarding your post and your information to our customer service team so they are aware of this.

Heather

Original review: April 22, 2018

Just built a new home... chose this siding because of the beautiful color. Unfortunately it's only been up for about 1 month and it's already starting to show signs of a problem. The siding is totally different colors and it was not recognizable during installation. Now I have to have the entire house resided... Wished I would have read these reviews prior to using this product. Oh well live and learn. I'm hoping these guys stand behind their product. I will not accept anything other than a 100% replacement... Removal, disposal and installation.

Carl,
I am sorry you're going through this. I've sent your information to our customer service team so they are aware of the issue. You should be hearing from someone next week.

Heather

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Don't waste your money buying their windows. They may replace a window that has moisture between the panes but you have to pay for having it installed. That's not much of a warranty. When it gets really cold you will have to wipe condensation off the windows. We also have a living area that has Window World windows and we have not one issue with them! Zero condensation in cold weather. I am very disappointed in the lack of quality of these windows and the person I spoke with in their warranty department this morning was very rude. Save yourself some grief!

Original review: April 5, 2017

My siding needed some pieces replaced because of work I did on the house. I bought a square of siding. Replaced but the color was completely different considering it should have been the same. In any event, it was a complete difference. I contacted the company for warranty and realized since I am second owner they would only pay 10%. I was ok with that because I would have just replaced one side and brought the good pieces from one side to bad pieces on other sides... I digress... I removed siding pieces, took photos, labeled, read warranty, everything... lo and behold a week later I get the siding back saying warranty is only 5 years for color. I am a licensed general contractor and we have done many replacements for companies. Alcoa is pretty good with warranties however this is mastic siding but must be owned by Alcoa. I will definitely stay away from this siding in the future.

Pretty frustrating because I see the blemishes and want to fix them but it's a nightmare. The company wrote and said, "Fade is only good for 5 years. I contacted them via phone and mail and never heard that before. Nothing will fade in less than 5 years. Problem is a good group of lawyers wrote warranty to protect the company and who cares about the consumer.

Ply Gem Siding Group response

Richard, I am sorry you are experiencing this with our siding. I am going to be sending you a private note. Please respond with your contact information so I can forward it to our customer service team. And I apologize for the late response. I have just gained access to this account to respond, and I saw your post and wanted to respond ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Would definitely think twice before choosing this top siding company that sells the siding in Portland, Maine @ Harvey Building Products. The siding is Mastic Home Exteriors by PlyGem. The color I have is English Wedgwood. This product has been popular since the 2000's. The siding is very expensive, a little on the high side to be exact. It is questionable for me anyway. The company does not stand by their guarantee of the product. I’m from Maine. I built my home in 2012. My house is definitely in a area where it gets a lot of sunshine. However I'm not the only one in the Sun here who built their garage later. I didn't see any problems until this last 2016 spring when I finished adding a garage. The contractor brought it to my attention (not the original builder). After the siding was installed he commented on the difference in the colors of the garage and house.

I thought he got the wrong color! You could see the difference significantly! Maybe there is other sidings that fade over the years or you will notice a difference between the two siding colors in a 4 year period if the home was has been exposed to a lot of sunlight. I have not seen any in my many travels. I would love to as it would make me feel better about mine. A couple of the neighbors one in particular made a comment to the contractor stating he hoped that his garage would not look like mine or would there be a big difference in the colors between the garage and house like mine, would it have the same fading. Lucky for him he had a different company for his siding maybe Certainteed. My warranty is suppose to be good and active on my house so I contacted the company local distributor where the siding was purchased. They sent me to the corporate office who deals with the guarantee.

They advised me to get receipts from both contractors who purchased the siding. I was informed I needed to get many pictures of the house comparing the difference. Was pretty significant if people were commenting on it. I had to take pictures of the pieces of siding side by side, and send a piece of the fade siding to them. I was told to take a piece from my house where no one would notice. The piece was little harder to compare side by side but slightly noticeable, considering it was only the two pieces to compare. They also told me that they sometimes send someone out that works at the company, one of their distributors (I assume where the contractor purchased, the siding) to look at the home. The is a company is in Portland Maine, not far. I heard back from the corporate company within two weeks pretty fast. I didn't get the news I was looking for.

They stated that the siding was not meeting their level of fading on the pieces I sent. They stated that the fading was not significant enough. Mmm pretty obvious if they drove by my house. I called them and asked about the pictures that they requested. They stated it didn't matter, as pictures can be edited to change the colors so they don't use the pictures. My husband asked me why did they request them if they were not going to be using them. I was shocked with the response so I forgot to ask! They never sent anyone to look at the house. Basically the company said nothing they could or would do as they felt not enough of a problem. I let it go for a while until someone else mentioned the difference. The person said to me if they had paid the high price I paid they would complain about the difference between the garage and house. It looks like two different colors.

I would be interested know if anyone else has had the same problems with fading with this siding. (You know misery likes company). I have gone by a lot of garages put on homes after the original house was built and have yet to see one. You can see difference in colors between my garage and house from the street. I better start praying that the house doesn't fade anymore. I hope it's the last level of fading!!! I think need to wait until the garage catches up with the house color. Just warning some who may go with this company for siding build them together! The guarantee did state it covered fading! Thanks for listening. From the first and last faded or two toned house on the street!

Hi Judy-

First of all, apologies for the delayed response. We only recently gained access to reply, and after seeing your post, I wanted to respond ASAP. I am going to send you a private response so you can send me your contact information for me to send directly to our customer service team. Your happiness is important to us, and we want to ensure you are getting the help you need.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

After building a new home 2010, using a great amount of Ply Gem stone supplied by BL Wholesale Supply in Buffalo NY, we've had 9 pieces fall off within the first few years, one by one from various locations. This is hazardous at the very least. They offer a 50 year warranty but we have been put off, ignored, wait and see scenario, told they would bring samples of new stone for us to pick out, then given all the excuses implying they don't want to replace the poor quality stone. The stone was supposedly tested by Ply Gem and they never got back to us with results. What does that tell you? The Graystone has also been discontinued. What does that tell you? All of their prolonged flip-flopping is inconvenient at the very least and very stressful. We've spent countless hours emailing/meeting/phone calls etc, which all seems to be a waste of time. We have a mortgage and are still paying for the poor quality stone.

We should've had a permanent solution resolving the issue... YEARS ago. The Ply Gem rep that came out said "he believes the stone is defective because part of the stone stuck to the mortar." I would not recommend to anyone to use stone that does not have mortar between each piece of stone, simply hung from the back only, which is what the instructions call for with the stone we unfortunately picked out. Now BL Wholesale Supply acts like 9 stones falling off is par for the course and normal because they don't want to spend the money replacing our stone like they should under the 50 year warranty. "Oh, wind must be a factor." That's poor. We've never lost any vinyl with high winds. It seems stone should be sturdier than vinyl. That's common sense. We are very disappointed in Ply Gem stone and their supplier BL Wholesale Supply. Their wait and see approach is not going to cut it. They need to honor their warranty and replace our stone once and for all.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Contractor for over 42 years siding between 40 to 75 homes a year. Do yourself a favor: avoid Ply Gem at all costs. We did a vertical siding job last year. It immediately started oil canning. They sent out what they call a rep - in reality just an on the road salesman. He stated "installed all wrong." We could only find three panels that were a little tighter than they should be on the entire home. We requested an independent inspection. They will ONLY allow one of their approved inspectors which you get to pay for. They came up with the same outcome. What they couldn't explain and didn't even try to was why an entire unopened box from this job stored flat in a temp controlled area was 3/4 oil canned. Do yourself a favor and buy better products. We are done with any Ply Gem product period.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

Ply Gem company does over $400,000.000 in sales and is very profitable for shareholders. The end user, the homeowner gets an inferior product that does not last. I'm having to replace windows that are 11 years old. I did reach out to them for assistance in repairs and they said the products that Ply Gem produced are just fine and my house is settling and it is ok to have condensation on the outside and this is normal. Ply gem says they won't with repairs but are willing to sell me new windows at their cost. As a homeowner and consumer STAY FAR FAR away from these windows. When it is 10 degrees outside it is 50 degrees at the window when I have the heat at 72 this is not real efficient. NOT a good choice for windows. It is like having your countertop fail after ten years, it just shouldn't. Very unhappy homeowner.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

A tornado came thru our area 2011 and destroyed all my siding that had been on for 15 years and still looked good. That is when the installer recommended Ply Gem stating it was the very best siding and the warranty exceeded all his expectations. Five years later we noticed some greasy like stains running down the backside. Installer came out stated it was dirty to wash with TSP/TIDE/CAR WASH BRUSH & WATER. We did 5 times, still no changes. Then the sales rep Ken came out and took pictures & gave me a claim form said something was definitely wrong, he even tried cleaning with 409 which I was told to never do. Then I had to remove a 2 foot section of siding and send in at my own expense. Claim was denied stating it was due to elements in the air and the warrant does not cover that.

I spoke with a Jennifer ** who I thought was the rudest person on earth, not willing to help and just mean. I asked to speak to her Supervisor which was Justin **, he would not return my calls so I sent him a email. Explained first how rude Jennifer was and that I was not happy about the denial that I expected more after paying $11,000 for siding. He sent me an email back within 10 minutes and CC Jennifer stating that there is no manufacturing defect that if I want to send in another sample they would look at it. There was no apology on his part but he was making sure to CC Jennifer in to show that he stood behind her decision. All the supervisors that I have ever worked for would never CC another employee that someone was having a problem with. Just shows you what kind of company they are. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: July 27, 2016

Moisture began to enter my house resulting in mold behind and on drywall in 5 different locations a year after it was built 8 years ago. The source appears to be some of the 80+ vinyl Ply Gem windows Winchester installed. Most of the sills have swelled up so the screens do not fit anymore. Neither Ply Gem nor Winchester is willing to accept responsibility. Ply Gem says it is due to the bricks pushing up from under the sill. This may have broken the seals under the sill on each corner possibly resulting in moisture in the basement. Winchester says it is normal for Ply Gem windows to swell as they are cheap, substandard vinyl windows.

According to Winchester, if the window frame seals (not the window pane seals) located at each corner of and under the sill were broken, rain water would leak onto the sill resulting in water marks which can be seen by a person standing inside the house. According to Winchester, a broken seal (not the window pane seal) would not result in water going down to the basement behind the drywall. Therefore, according to Winchester, since there are no water marks, the seals under the sill are still intact. It has been very aggravating and frustrating working with Winchester's and Ply Gem's warranty departments. Each is blaming the other and neither is willing to do anything. My recommendation is that if you are thinking of buying a Winchester home or Ply Gem windows, think twice.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I installed Mastic siding on my home over ten tears ago. It has withstood very high winds (over 100 mph) and two inch hail (not together) with no damage whatsoever. Living in the Omaha area, we get extended periods of hot, sunny weather from May thru September. My siding has not faded or warped. I am very pleased with my Ply Gem siding, and the installation.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

I purchased over 20 windows and one is defective! The windows were purchased as brown vinyl and the defective one is now grey with white ash like streaks/undertones! It's set in the same stone work as another Ply Gem window; however, the other window doesn't have this appearance/problem. The lumber yard that I purchased these windows from has re-purchased the window. However, Ply Gem still will not pay to have the window re-installed although it's a warranty issue. I have volunteered to replace my own stone work just to get this horrible situation behind us, BUT Ply Gem has obviously decided that this is my problem, not theirs!

No one will return my phone call (I have left 3 this week for who is said to be their field supervisor Dale **) and have not heard anything. Their service tech came out on 2/11/16 and 2/12/16 and I have not heard a word since! Service tech suggested we paint the window and when my husband told him that wasn't going to happen on a window that faces the front of our beautiful home, the tech proceeded to use good off and a oil "lubricant" to coverup the white steaks! The next day it bleed back through and the service tech took pictures as proof for his upper management to review. It's awful that I have to go to these measures to get a warranty issue resolved!

Ply Gem expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This siding manufacturer offers several types of siding, including SolarDefense reflective technology siding and steel siding. Ply Gem siding can be customized for your home, and you can choose matching accents and accessories to complete the look of your home.

• Ply Gem siding options: There are several siding options to choose from, including steel siding and SolarDefense siding. Steel siding is the most durable type of siding and can withstand extreme weather while resisting fire, fading, insects and fading. SolarDefense siding provides advanced protection against the harsh rays of the sun and keeps your siding’s colors from fading.

• Ply Gem siding colors: Find Ply Gem siding in a variety of colors. Your local Ply Gem siding pro can provide you with product samples so you can see how it will look in person. Use Ply Gem’s interactive design tool to see how different colors of siding will look on your home, and save your favorites.

• Ply Gem Mastic siding: Ply Gem Mastic vinyl siding comes with SolarDefense technology, which ensures your siding won’t fade or distort. The siding wraps around your home, which makes sure there aren’t any cracks or gaps.

• Find a Ply Gem pro: Use the handy connect with a pro feature to find a Ply Gem professional in your area who can answer questions and help you find an installer for your new vinyl or steel siding.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs