2. Homeowners
  3. Siding

Raleigh, North Carolina

3.1/5 (120 ratings)

About Ply Gem

Ply Gem manufactures vinyl siding in a variety of styles and materials, as well as gutters, fascia and soffit. It also offers windows, doors, stone and other home exterior products. Check out Ply Gem online to find out if it’s available in your area.

Top Ply Gem Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everything was A-plus. Halde installed the siding and they did a wonderful job. If Ply Gem wanted somebody to represent their company, they do a wonderful job. I got the mastic si...

Verified

The experience I had with Ply Gem was excellent. Their sales team was very pleasant and efficient. Additionally, the people who did the installation were delightful… It was a hard...

What is Ply Gem?

Ply Gem is a manufacturer that specializes in the production, sale and installation of vinyl siding and home exterior products. It represents several top brands and offers a comprehensive selection with thousands of color, material and texture choices. Its product line includes:

• Siding
  • Shutters and accents
  • Gutters
  • Trim
  • Molding

Ply Gem sells lap, insulated, vertical and shake and shingle siding, in a range of materials including vinyl, steel and aluminum, as well as stone veneer exterior and interior accents. You can upload photos to preview designs for your home using its interactive design tool. Ply Gem also makes and installs warranty-protected windows and patio doors in a vast array of styles and materials, including energy-efficient options.

Ply Gem offers SolarDefense reflective technology siding, which protects from UV rays and is guaranteed not to fade. This siding increases energy efficiency and is made of recyclable material. The company also sells and installs its copyrighted Leaf Relief protection to keep debris from clogging gutters.

How does Ply Gem work?

Ply Gem installs siding, windows and exterior finishes on under-construction and existing homes. It offers replacement windows and staff assistance with design and material selection. You can choose a local professional installer via the website or arrange a contractor visit with a distributor for material pickup. You can’t purchase Ply Gem products on the website — if you’re interested in the company, let your contractor know.

When you shop for windows or doors online, Ply Gem will help you find the best options for new products or replacements and customize your solutions for optimum function and style.

Ply Gem window prices

Ply Gem doesn’t list pricing on its website, so you’ll have to contact a local contractor or supplier for product and service cost info, but its window prices range from $125 to $1,650 per unit. You can find a local installer with the search tool on the website; if you’re a professional interested in carrying Ply Gem, contact the company through the website or by phone.

Ply Gem FAQ

Who makes Ply Gem windows?
Cornerstone Building Brands owns the Ply Gem brand and makes Ply Gem windows.
How much do Ply Gem windows cost?
Pricing for Ply Gem windows varies by supplier due to installation costs. Unit prices range from $125 to $1,650 per window.
Are Ply Gem windows Energy Star-certified?
Many Ply Gem windows meet Energy Star standards, but requirements for Energy Star certification vary by climate area.
Does Home Depot sell Ply Gem windows?
Home Depot offers a limited selection of Ply Gem windows, including vinyl double-hung and sliding options.
How do you clean Ply Gem windows?
Clean vinyl Ply Gem windows with soap and water or non-abrasive cleaners for stubborn stains. Spray screens with water or a vacuum to remove dust. The Ply Gem website provides detailed instructions on how to remove windows to clean sashes.

Is Ply Gem good?

Ply Gem offers a comprehensive selection of siding colors and styles. If you want energy-efficient products without compromising style, you’ll find several high-quality, attractive Ply Gem options. The company’s SolarDefense technology is guaranteed to resist fading and distortion while reflecting sunlight to keep your home cooler. Ply Gem’s siding products are also backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Ply Gem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ply Gem?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

4 windows have broken glass. 2 have the wrong size glass. 1” short. Never seen this before. 1 has the glass not in the frame. Most windows have the gaskets pushed under the glass. Caulk is all over the frames and glass. I would never buy this brand again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Submitted warranty claim in July 2021 with immediate automated response of receiving the claim. No other contact. I called Plygem Customer service in September and was told not to even expect a reply to the claim until at least October. No one would help me figure out how to get a replacement window. Still waiting. Their window warranty program stinks.

Get buying tips about Siding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Ply Gem did not honor the warranty on windows and has unethical employees and management. The matter of honoring the warranty was presented in court and they were ordered to pay for the replacement windows. This information can be verified as the court documents were filed along with the court case with the award for the money that is due. Plygem has advised that I should request the warranty from the builder and the warranty card states that Plygem must honor the warranty. The company does not honor the warranty. Buyer beware with the behavior.

Original review: June 10, 2021

We are having a new home built in Florida, by Taylor Morrison in Esplanade. They are contracted with Ply Gem windows, our permit was issued on 1/6/21, and we were told the order was placed within 2 weeks.. Our expected delivery date was 2/25/21... it is now 6/10/21 and still no windows.. This is a new development and we are seeing all the other homes around us (permitted way after us) have their Ply Gem windows installed and are moving forward..

So, as a consumer, we have to say this is a complete and utter failure by this vendor.. Our home is being delayed for months because of this companies inability to manufacture 10 windows and 2 sliding glass doors.. Whoever is managing the site in the Clermont, FL location should be fired immediately. An absolute disgrace, and we as buyers, get to take the brunt of their mismanaged, useless organization. This company can go to hell as far as we're concerned. Their extreme delay is costing us thousands of dollars and "angry" does not even come close to how we, as buyers, feel.

Ply Gem response

Hello, Russell. We sincerely apologize for the delays you've faced. If you could reply to this with the Order Number of your windows and your contact information we will ask the Customer Service Team to look into this and contact you. Again, we sincerely apologize for the delays and any inconvenience. Thank you.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I built my house on 2012. I contacted the company in 2018 and again this past month. Although my quiet willow greenhouse is now gray and has no green hue left to it. They have rejected my claim due to the color change not being within their warranty requirements. They state that the issue is due to gloss loss.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I had 20+ windows installed on my house in December of 2018. All the screens had the tabs break after 4 months. The window in the bedroom broke in the middle of the night. Not hit by anything, inside dual pane. I have been trying for a year and half jumping through all the hoops and stall tactics, send in this and that, take pictures, not the right manufacturer, San Pedro, east coast, west coast. Well it's not going to work. I am not going to give up and just eat all the defects. I have been contacting Toby at Cornerstone and Home Depot and an assorted other companies that Plygem keeps sending me to. The windows are PLYGEM and I want you to warrant this product. I paid an enormous price for these windows and they are thus far JUNK.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Do to a recall on their Harbor Grey color I sent a siding sample in to the company as it was almost white on the 2 front gables facing South. I was blown away as to their response that they determined that this was normal wear and fading. Keep in mind that this siding is only 5 years old.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Do NOT purchase Ply Gem steel siding. I realize siding expands and contracts from temperature or sunlight exposure but this stuff makes a ticking sound at every nail location all day, every day when it does. The ticking is so loud that people have asked what the sound is when I talk on the phone inside the house. Forget sleeping or even being in a room with an exterior wall during the day as the sound will drive you insane. It occurs as soon as sunlight shines on it and will continue literally all day long until sunset. Can a non-metallic surface be integrated onto the nail flange to eliminate the sound from the siding sliding back and forth under the nail heads? Plastic washers? I know other houses in our development have steel siding and don't have this issue. I am actually praying for a large hailstorm so I can replace this with something else.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I installed Ply Gem siding on my house, it faded, they provided some new siding, I had to pay for the rest of it out of pocket, it cost $10,000 and they only paid for 1/3 of it, and when I asked about it, Dina who has the worst customer service attitude I have ever encountered, started yelling at me, telling me that I was lucky they gave me anything at all. It took almost a year to get the warranty completed. I would never use them again. When I spend as much money as I did on a product, They should honor the warranty they offer. Dina ** who was the rep should be fired for her attitude with me. I am sure I am not the only one she spoke to like that. I'm so sorry I bought this product.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Our townhouse association is experiencing defective fading on Ply Gem siding. We have been working with the Ply Gem sales manager for over 1 year to have 3 year old defective siding that has become splotchy and faded replaced. The latest sample was sent to warranty services almost 2 months ago and they have not approved the replacement. I was told approval would be in 2 weeks. I have sent 16 emails to the sales manager and several phone calls. This company is holding up the installer and other owners' home sales. I would never advise doing business with this company.

Ply Gem response

Hi Connie,

I appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We apologize for the trouble you've had getting your replacement and would like to try to make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you. I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Thank you!