It's that easy Request Information
3.55/5

Raleigh, North Carolina

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ply Gem is the #1 manufacturer of vinyl siding in North America. With exceptional durability, beautiful color choices, and an industry leading warranty, Ply Gem siding is the smart choice for homeowners. Ply Gem offers a variety of siding styles, materials, and other products such as gutters, fascia, and soffit. In addition to siding, Ply Gem also offers everything you need for your next home project such as windows, doors, stone, and more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

70 Ply Gem Siding Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I remodeled my house and installed Ply Gem siding. I thought this was a reputable brand and even used the solar defense product. Within a year we had large and small blisters or bubbles throughout most of the siding. It looks terrible and is depressing to look at after spending so much money to redo our home. I would not recommend using this siding if you are fixing up your home unless you want to be let down.

Hi Shaun,
We appreciate you reaching out to us about this. We truly hate to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your siding and would like to try and make things right. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you and I'd be happy to connect you with the right person so we can look into your specific case.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Get expert buying tips about Siding delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I looked at the lifetime warranty, the subsequent warranty to successive buyers, and I looked at the price and the colors that were available. And I looked to see who installs that. The installer is very important. Our fence really looks nice and it's holding up very well. We had Mike from Vista install the fence and we are very, very satisfied with his work. I can't say enough about Ply Gem and about Mike. We were just tickled to death. It's a little bit more expensive than some of the other vinyl cheap stuff. But this is holding up good and it's holding up good in the sunlight.

We went with Ply Gem because of the colors. We wanted a natural cedar look that would have matched our house. So, we chose to go with the natural cedar and it looks really nice. Then, at the bottom, there's a concrete block wall. There was a little gap there and I asked if Mike could put something there. So, he took and put a square quarter around the bottom so we don't have the gap between the bottom of the fence and the top of the concrete block. He finished up and he dressed it up really nice.

I had one little problem. I had to call him back here because for some reason, some of the panels were shifting instead of staying straight. He replaced those and so far, that's fine. I would suggest that people looking for a siding provider go with Ply Gem if they're looking for a vinyl type fencing. You can get cheaper, more flimsy material that's gonna fade and warp and the sun is gonna discolor it and everything. But overall, if you're gonna invest that kind of money into a fence, you would wanna have something that really looks nice and is gonna stand up. So, I would say give Ply Gem a chance before you just go for the bottom dollar because when you look at all the benefits that come with Ply Gem, it's well worth it.

Hi Timothy,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing that you are pleased with the warranty, price, and color of your fence. We’re thrilled that it’s performing well and that you’re enjoying the look of it. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Greenworks fence got a pretty good reputation in ground works and the fence we chose is a beige-colored vinyl. We mostly got it for privacy and it looks nice. The person who came out to measure was top-notch. He was very easy to get ahold of, very personable and helpful. That part exceeds expectations. And then, the reps who we worked with were good, very courteous and friendly. They were also efficient and they came when they said they were gonna come. They put the post in one day, and then they came back and had to put in the fence the second day. Altogether, it took them eight hours to do the job. The quality of the new fencing is very good. It's a high price, but I am satisfied with it.

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for leaving a review! We're so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with Greenworks and that you love the quality of your new Ply Gem fence. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you ever need anything from us.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The original siding on the house from about five years ago was faded. It was a forest green color from Ply Gem and to match it, we used them again to replace the siding. They installed it and the quality of their work was good. Plus, the price was fair.

Hi Derek,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing that you are pleased with the price and quality of our siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We were doing a restoration after a hailstorm. I was looking mostly for color and a recommendation came from Allstate. We got Ply Gem and I'm very happy with it. It's nice and thick and has a pretty color. Also, so far, we had hailstorms and nothing has happened to it. But I did buy extra, in case. It's great stuff.

Hi Jean,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We love hearing you are pleased with the color and durability of our siding through the toughest of hailstorms! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ply Gem?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Aesthetically, what Ply Gem did was amazing. It’s night and day from what we had before, and then from the overall efficiency standpoint, the home is certainly less draft and feels a little bit more energy-efficient. The project itself took a little bit longer to wrap up, but it was more limited to their install staff than anything else. We were expecting closer to six months, but there had been delay after delay and it ended up after a year by the time it was all said and done. My only complaint was just the overall timing it took to get the job done, but everything else has been great. It’s a great product. Not a single person has come to the property and not complemented the overall aesthetic appearance of it. I will definitely recommend them.

Hi Zachary,
Thank you for leaving us a review and recommending us. We hate to hear that your contractor took a bit longer than expected to finish the project, but we love that you're enjoying the look and energy efficiency of our siding! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Having Ply Gem siding on my house was one of the cheaper routes to go. The guy who did the installation was really good. He came out and did exactly what he was going to do. He was very informative. He lives down the road from us so it was really easy to talk to him. Also, the color and style of the siding are perfect for my house.

Hi Kasey,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing that you're enjoying the color, style and price of our siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We needed a fence put up for our dog and the Ply Gem Siding salesman explained to us what others used and what kind they use. He explained the material of it and it sounded durable. Plus, he was very personable and friendly and he made me feel comfortable. Although it took an extra day because of the rain, they were able to put the fencing up in about five days. The interest rate on the loan is ridiculous though. It's a 10% interest rate and I didn't realize how much that took away from my principal. Other than that, I love how the fence looks.

Hi Kristine,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review as we appreciate your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you had a great experience with one of our sales reps and that you love the look of your fence. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I recently purchased a model home, which included a 960 Pro Series Sliding Door. The door has been extremely heavy to open and close and takes two arms to open and close a door that should glide easily. I had the builder and the Ply Gem Rep/Repairman come to my home and they simply say "it's a heavy door" and refuse to do anything to help the situation. This is ridiculous, my children should be able to open the door without having to get their parents every time. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE PRODUCTS!

Hi Allix,
I appreciate you letting us know about this. I absolutely hate to hear that you've been having issues with opening and closing your door. I would like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you again. I'd be happy to connect you with the right person so we can look into your specific situation and see what we can do to further help.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was told that Ply Gem Siding was one of the good ones and indeed their reps were very helpful. I got to choose the color and there were different choices. It took a little longer for the job to be done though. We were promised something and nobody came up and we had to follow up more than once. But they did the job and so far, it's still looking as good as the first time and we are happy about it.

Hi Charito,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review as we value all feedback. I hate to hear that the project took a bit longer than expected and that you had to follow up, but was this with a local contractor? Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to control your experience with the contractor, but if you were communicating with a Ply Gem representative then we'd like to learn more about what happened.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Ply Gem was a very good quality siding at a reasonable price and our contractor said it is more durable than our previous one. We got the gray-tan Mastic Ply Gem siding and it looked great.

Hi Maria,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you are pleased with the quality, price and durability of our siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else!

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My client, purchased thirty Windows from Ply Gem distributor, sales rep came out, measured the openings. When the windows arrived it was obvious they wouldn't fit. I called they came to verify and actually offered a labor credit to cut down the Windows to fit. New Windows!!! Now they have taken the position that it's our fault for not verifying their dimensions... I'm not getting anywhere, no stars.

Hi Dan,
I appreciate you reaching out to let us know about this. I truly hate to hear you ran into this issue, so I'd like to try and make things right. Our customer service team has been trying to reach out to you and is unable to leave a voicemail with your phone, so please feel free to call us back at 866-518-4138 at your earliest convenience so we can fix this.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The company we had build our home decided to use the Ply Gem siding that we have. The person in sales was great. Also, the reps were very respectful, cordial and knowledgeable about the material. Compared to other competitors, they knew the pros and cons of using their siding. The only thing that I would like them to check on would be the fading, whether it’s just from the sun or if it is from the chemical compounds that they have in the mixture for the plastic. We’ve had it on for four and a half years and it’s already fading. Nonetheless, it looks really nice. We get a lot of wind through here even when it’s really cool, and the siding hasn’t become brittle. It’s a solid material and it’s definitely durable.

Hi Joshua,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience and the durability of our siding. Please let me know if you'd like our team to investigate the fading you mentioned and we'd be happy to look into this further.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I had my new home built in 2011. The builder used Ply Gem Siding. By the summer of 2016 it started distorting on the north side. The siding on the entire north side of my home is warped and distorted from the sun. Ply Gem likes to boast about their great warranty. I submitted a warranty claim this summer before the warranty ran out and sample of the siding. I was denied warranty claim because of possible sun reflection from either a pool, a lot of concrete, or multiple windows from the neighbor's house all of which I don't have. They never even sent anyone out to look at it. Just sent me a rejection letter. The problem is that it's just cheap inferior siding. If you don't believe me ask them about their class action lawsuit.

Hi Jason,
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. After having our customer service team look into your case we did find that your home faces a neighboring home that has a single window in the side that is likely causing the reflective distortion on your siding. We typically offer replacement siding if corrections are made to the source of the reflection. For a window you can add full screens or a film made by 3-M that can be applied on the inside of the window. If this happens to be a Ply Gem window then we would be more than happy to send out a rep to verify and replace the window sash if necessary.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I am writing this email about my experience with Ply Gem Windows and sales representative, Greg **. I have had many delays, disappointments and undelivered promises. I ordered impact windows on October 9, 2018, for my home in which I was approved by a financial institution to do a self build. I partnered with Swift Supply in Pensacola, FL, for my building materials and expressed my interest in purchasing impact windows. They highly recommended your company.

The windows were ordered. The windows were received and it was discovered that the living room windows were the wrong size. Also, one of the master bedroom windows had a crack in the glass. The wrong size windows were returned and the correct size windows were ordered again on October 9th. I was informed the windows were shipped and they arrived on November 7, 2018. When Swift Supply received the the shipment, only window screens were shipped. How does this happen? Needless to say, this delayed me for the inspection and again delayed subcontractors. Time is money and this delayed my progress and scheduling.

Again, I was promised the windows would be delivered Friday, November 16th. I rescheduled contractors and the final framing inspection. The windows never came because the truck had to turn around and return to the company for some unknown reason. Disappointed again, we were told they would be delivered November 19th. The windows, once again, did not get delivered.

I called and spoke to Greg **. Mr. ** assured me he would investigate and get back to me. I never heard back from him. I sent him a text. Still no answer. Swift Supply also tried to make contact with him about the promised delayed windows. No one from the company would answer emails, text messages or phone calls. Once again, I am rescheduling contractors. Once again, I am paying on a loan for a house that has had numerous window delays for months, which halts my progress. I can't move forward with my construction and this is solely the fault of Ply Gem and the company's employees.

Now I'm being told that the windows were broken and have to be produced again. How do impact windows break? I feel I've been given the run around and the windows were possibly never made. Now, I'm told the new windows will be made and shipped on November 29th. How are they made so quickly now, when I was originally told it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to make? Something does not add up and I feel I've been given false information the entire time concerning these windows.

I would like to mention that my hometown is near the Panama City area where one of the worst hurricanes devastated that area. That adds to an already thriving construction boom. On a good day, in good conditions, hiring contractors and scheduling is a challenge. Add devastation from a hurricane where contractors are desperately needed and a deficient window company... that environment creates the perfect storm for building my home. It tripled the difficulty for scheduling contractors. My window of opportunity is slim to none to immediately reschedule them to do the job. I would like to be contacted by a manager concerning this issue and I would like to be directed to a site where I can leave a review about my experience with Ply Gem. This has been a nightmare and the worst customer experience I have ever had. I regret hiring you as my window contractor, but I have no choice at this point.

Hi Michelle,
I appreciate you reaching out to let us know about your experience. I truly hate to hear all of the issues you've had, so I'd like to try and make things right. Please let me know if you agree to have our customer service team email or call you. I'd be happy to connect you with a manager as you requested.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Better than expected. Mastic Quest is a high quality product. I was very reluctant about replacing our aluminum siding with a vinyl product. My contractor, Legacy Restoration, spent the time to provide me the background information on quality vinyl siding and I became convinced of the overall benefits for the product. After the installation, I am very happy with the look of the siding on my home. Combined with new insulation backer board and house wrap, I am convinced that the house is quieter with fewer drafts and cold spots. I believe that the costs for heating will also be reduced.

Hi Matthew,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you love the quality, look and potentially cost-saving benefits of our Mastic vinyl siding! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I had regular siding on the back side and the rest of the house is all in brick. The old siding on it was rotten and the rep from AmeriCraft told me about Ply Gem Mastic siding when they installed the windows. I had him appraise it and I liked the price. I also needed it really bad. The rep came out, measured and showed me the material. He was very honest and he did not pressure me. I got the new Mastic Ply Gem Siding on the back side and they reinforced it. I am so happy I got the sidings. I can feel the difference in the warmth and the coolness in the house. I like the looks of it and everybody that sees it says how nice it looks. I also love the color I got which was the right color for me. Ply Gem provided excellent service and I am very happy with them.

Hi Richard,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you were pleased with the color and look of the siding and that you experienced a temperature improvement within your home! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The company that I wanted to work with locally recommended Ply Gem for my price point and for what I was looking for. So I tested their opinion. I would’ve liked a little bit more options than I was able to choose from though. That probably seems crazy because there are a lot of options. But I paid more money to get the darker colors and I was hoping for more of a darker brown than I was offered. Nonetheless, it’s been beautiful and wonderful. My house has a lot of custom trim and specifications, and I was glad Jim did the work versus a team that would have rushed through it. Jim was really meticulous and he took his time. He was really high quality and he did a really good job. He was out there in the freezing cold doing it too. It took four weeks but I didn’t mind the longer experience because I knew it was done well. Jim was fantastic.

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear that you would recommend our siding to others! Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I re-sided my house because I lost the whole house siding and all the roof to hail. I had aluminium on my house and I didn’t want vinyl, so we went with steel. Soeksen Construction did the steel siding from Ply Gem, and the helpers weren’t real happy with me because steel is a little harder to put on than vinyl. Nevertheless, it's very nice-looking.

Hi Kay,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear that you love your steel siding. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you ever need anything else.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Siding was put on a new home and 1.5 years later blotchy white spots of various sizes, shapes and location started appearing. It keeps getting worse and my home of 3 years has ugly siding now. Company has refused to do anything about it. How crazy to ask you to send them a piece of siding then find out their representative cut it up and they returned to you a fraction of a piece. Luckily the local supplier replaced the piece. I have been 6 months getting to this point of finding out they will not stand behind their product. I would not recommend this company. Customer service is very slow and apparently they do not stand behind the product - they try to blame you.

Hi Kathy,
I appreciate you letting us know about this issue. I absolutely hate to hear that you have not had a good experience and that you had spots on your siding. I would like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you again. I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We remodeled house and garage and built a new garage. We used 6000 sq ft of siding. Paid more for upgraded more durable siding that had a good reputation and was recommended by contractor. Job's not even a years old. Siding is warped so bad it’s buckling and looks awful. It’s even popping apart at seams. Submitted claim and Ply Gem stated problem was due to installation. Contractor stated that he never had this problem before And has been a contractor for over 20 years. Contractor highly recommended the product. Just wish we could have the house we wanted and paid for. I desperately need someone to stand behind it.

Hi Lara,
Thank you for letting us know about this. I hate to hear that you've been experiencing warped siding, so I'd like to try and make things right as your siding should be under warranty. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you and I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Ply Gem came highly recommended by the contractor that we had. He brought samples of a few difference. We wanted a wider slat and that was the best product with the wider slat. It's a great product and the cost was good. The color of our home used to be a purply mauve color. Now it's a grayish green.

Hi Sarah,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear you love our siding. If you ever need anything else from us, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My house was built 2 years ago. The siding is showing significant fading/discoloration and it’s now 2 very different colors. The company admitted to an ingredient mix issue that seems to be pretty widespread. My builder advised that several homes, builders, and building supply stores are impacted. They have agreed to replace the siding on the entire house. If you have this same issue, you’ll need to file a claim.

Hi Yari,
I appreciate you letting me know about this. I've already reached out to our customer service team to confirm that we do not have and are not aware of any "ingredient mix issue." However, if you are experiencing fading or discoloration with your siding then I'd like to try and help make things right. Please let me know if you'd like for me to connect you with our customer service team so we can get that fixed.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had more of a wooden type siding before and some of it was rotting. I wanted all the rotten pieces taken off. I got tan sidings from Ply Gem, and asked them if they could send out someone that speaks English so I could have my answers if I had questions. But that never worked. When they put the sidings on, we had horrible weather and it was zero degree wind chill.

There was a guy and his helper putting the sidings on, and even the neighbors couldn’t believe we had somebody doing it in that degree of weather. That pissed me off, and then I knew that one side was fairly bad. They told me that everything was supposed to be okay, and they were gonna replace all the wooden parts so it wasn't rotting stuff underneath. So I left for work in the morning and there was two more pieces of plywood. When I came back, the side was sided, and the plywood was on the snow with this guy’s tools all over it. So, I’ve probably had rotten siding under the siding that they put on. They told me that they've probably had other siding that they put under. But I bet that if I rip that off, there would be some rotten siding under there. So I was not pleased at all.

There was a guy that was supposed to oversee the work and when I called and asked him about something to make sure that they were gonna do it, he was home sick with kid. He couldn't come because he was on vacation. I think they’re trying to use up their vacation by the end of the year, so I had rather waited till spring and had it done correctly. Also, when I was walking to my car in the driveway, I saw that I parked on some nails and piercing pieces. I tried telling these to the Casey Nelson Exterior rep but he just said everything was fine and the stuff underneath was replaced. I was not happy with the way the whole deal was done.

Hi Dale,
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as I hate to hear about the experience you've had so far. I’d like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team get to the bottom of this.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We built our house in 2009 and decided to have Alcoa Mastic Ply Gem brown cedar shake siding put on our house. The siding looked very nice. After about 5 years there was definite fading and some warpage but it didn't appear to be terrible. At 7 1/2 years we noticed lots of fading as did friends etc. Our builder also said something about it when he came out for another project 7 years later and recommended that I call the manufacturer to have someone from there take a look at it. I called and explained my concerns. Right away I was told that brown doesn't have a lifetime warranty (even though the box and paper inside that says limited lifetime warranty makes no mention of brown being exempt). I persisted and he said to send in a sample piece. After several weeks I call and am told that the color hasn't faded near enough even if it was under warranty. Bottom line is they have no intention of covering a warranty claim.

When you purchase vinyl siding no one expects that you would have to replace it in 7 years. We have a 5000 sq. ft. house covered in this poorly engineered product. Recently we've hired a company to paint the whole exterior and it looks good. I am concerned however about how long the paint will stick to this type of material. Never figured we would be painting our house with vinyl siding on it.

I've been meaning to write a review on this product for a long time. I believe the good reviews you see on this site are from people who've recently had this siding installed. I'd be curious how they would change after just 5 to 7 years. I live in Ohio and when I asked the Mastic representative what happens to this product in states like Florida with fading and warpage I was told there is no difference. Seems very hard to believe. Don't buy this product. It warps and fades much more than anyone would expect and Alcoa/Mastic has no intentions of providing any warranty compensation.

Hi Kevin,
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hate to hear that you’ve been experiencing fading and warping with your siding so I’d like to try and help make things right. If you’re interested, I’d be more than happy to try and have our warranty team look into this again for you?

Ashley – Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

A rep from Ply Gem came out and did measurements. He came back and their price was right so we went with them. One day during the week, I came home and the siding was all done. The installers left no evidence that they had been here except for the gutter. The workmanship was of good quality. We went with the darker color and it goes very well with the house. Our house looks better since we installed the siding. I'd recommend Ply Gem.

Hi Tyler,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and for recommending Ply Gem! We're so happy to hear how pleased you were with the quality, price and color of your siding. If there's ever anything that you need from us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We bought our mobile home brand new. We worked with Palm Harbor Homes last year. With the specifications, they offered choices that we could pick from. We liked the color of the siding from Ply Gem. However, it's only a year old and it already has a couple of holes in it from cracks. It has a couple of cracks in it on the front and I don't know how the cracks could've gotten there because it's not where you can reach them from either of the porches.

The siding is brittle too. When my husband was mowing, he tried to mow with the mower part away from the house but still, we got a couple of holes from it. It just breaks. It's ridiculous and we don't like it. We are already talking about how we are gonna probably have to replace the siding. I wouldn't recommend buying anything from Palm Harbor. They're way overpriced for the product they put out. And we will never do business with anybody who does business with Palm Harbor because they hire inferior vendors. Stay away from Ply Glen. Do your research and look into other products.

Hi Kathleen,
I appreciate you letting us know about this. I absolutely hate to hear that your experiencing cracks with your siding and would like to try and make things right. Please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you and I'd be happy to connect you with the right person.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I like the color and the texture that our siding from Ply Gem has. Its cost was good and the quality is excellent. Ply Gem's reps were perfect and the two gentlemen who came out knew exactly what they were doing. They were really good.

Hi Sharon,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy to hear that you love the color, price and quality of our siding. If there's anything else we can ever assist you with please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Ashley - Customer Experience Leader

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Ply Gem is a trusted siding company our town use. The owner took out samples and all of the little booklet things in our driveway, and it was really quick and easy. He has been doing this a long time. And so far, the quality of the siding is good. It can withstand quite a hit. The picture of our house before and after is like night and day because before, we had original 1929 wood siding, and its paint was peeling and it was ugly.

Hi Chelsea,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled to hear how pleased you are with your siding!

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We ordered Ply Gem windows for our new house and we were assured that they would withstand winter winds without leaking. Well they don't. Each year I add insulation and tape to block cold drafts that will hurt my heating bill. I listened to their rep and went with them for the entire house. When I called them within a year they sent out a crew to add rubber pads to help insulate. Did little, so when I called back during winter to say it didn't help they said the year is up and it's too late. DON'T BUY WINDOWS FROM THIS COMPANY. No matter how much you can save you will get screwed in the end and have to spend more to replace the junk Ply Gem windows.4

Updated on 10/24/2018: The company rep contacted me after my review here and said they would send a Regional Manager to my home. First reaction - about time they took my problem seriously. After the rep looked at the windows here is the result; George (regional manager from New Jersey came to my home in Virginia) inspected the windows on the northwest side of the house (winter wind) and found no product or installation defects. Told him that wasn't the problem from the start. The windows leak from both sides of the top of the lower sash. He said "that is the design of the window. There is no way to stop air from coming out the top left and right sides. They call that the chimney effect."

I told him if the rep would have told me that would happen I would have purchased the best windows that he said have a different design and probably won't leak like these do. But because there isn't an installation problem or defective product problem they can't and won't do anything. They consider the leaks to be a part of the way they design these windows. WHAT? During winter you will get cold air rushing up the sides and YOU will have to shove insulation down the sides then tape the entire top to keep out drafts. If you consider buying these pieces of crap this company knowingly knows LEAK then the JOKE will be on you.

Hi Frank,
I truly hate to hear that you've been experiencing leaking issues with your windows. I’d like to try and make things right, so please let me know if you’d like me to have our customer service team look into this for you.

Ashley - Social Media Specialist

Ply Gem expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This siding manufacturer offers several types of siding, including SolarDefense reflective technology siding and steel siding. Ply Gem siding can be customized for your home, and you can choose matching accents and accessories to complete the look of your home.

• Ply Gem siding options: There are several siding options to choose from, including steel siding and SolarDefense siding. Steel siding is the most durable type of siding and can withstand extreme weather while resisting fire, fading, insects and fading. SolarDefense siding provides advanced protection against the harsh rays of the sun and keeps your siding’s colors from fading.

• Ply Gem siding colors: Find Ply Gem siding in a variety of colors. Your local Ply Gem siding pro can provide you with product samples so you can see how it will look in person. Use Ply Gem’s interactive design tool to see how different colors of siding will look on your home, and save your favorites.

• Ply Gem Mastic siding: Ply Gem Mastic vinyl siding comes with SolarDefense technology, which ensures your siding won’t fade or distort. The siding wraps around your home, which makes sure there aren’t any cracks or gaps.

• Find a Ply Gem pro: Use the handy connect with a pro feature to find a Ply Gem professional in your area who can answer questions and help you find an installer for your new vinyl or steel siding.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Cary
NC
www.plygem.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.