Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

Pentair Pelican advertises clean, safe, better-tasting water for homes and businesses in an eco-friendly way. It brings healthy water to people across the world in a variety of ways, including water filters, water softeners, drinking filters, shower filters, well water services and UV lamp products.

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Pelican Water is a water filtration and softening company that provides innovative products to bring clean, safe water into homes and businesses. The company sells multiple products to help solve any water problem.

PROS

• Sells filters and softeners
  • Guaranteed to reduce chlorineNSF Standard 42

CONS

• Can be pricey
  • Plastic fittings can break easy

Top Pelican Water Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

With Pelican, I liked the results that I found and there were a lot of good reviews. The system seems to be working pretty well. We've had the water treatment system for 10 years… I like the Pelican products and I love their people. I’ve only had to call once or twice.

I found Pelican online but somebody at work got something from them as well. I liked the ease of their knowledge. I told them what I had and they told me what I needed. Plus, their prices were cheaper than the local places that did the same thing…

Pelican Water Call Now Toll Free (386) 256-1203
Call Now Toll Free

What is Pelican Water?

Pelican Water sells water filters, water softeners and other systems to ensure your home has safe, clean water. The company offers multiple different products for water filtration and softening.

Water filters
Water filters separate chlorine, bacteria and contaminants from drinking water. These products are easy to install and require little maintenance. Whole-house filtration systems allow filtered water to come through every faucet in the home instead of just one. Most Pentair Pelican water filters are designed to filter fluoride and sediments out of drinking water.
Water softeners
Hard water has a high concentration of mineral content that can damage appliances and be rough on skin and hair. Water softeners work to eliminate some of these minerals to create a softer feel and reduce scale buildup. Pelican Water offers two types of water softening products: Advantage Series Salt Water Softeners and NaturSoft Water Softener Alternatives.
Drinking filters
The water that comes into the house that you use for showering and washing your dishes needs to be filtered in a different way than your drinking water. Pentair Pelican offers three types of water filtration devices.
  • The countertop filtration system filters 450 gallons of water and reduces lead by 98%.
  • The three-stage under-counter filtration system filters 1,500 gallons of water and comes with three faucet color options.
  • The reverse osmosis system removes 96% of fluoride and 98% of lead and comes with an NSF certification.

Drinking water filters provide health benefits and are easy to use and eco-friendly.

Shower filters
The Pelican Premium Showerhead reduces chlorine, is available in white and chrome and offers dual-flow water options. This filtration system reduces the effects of chlorine on your skin and hair. The three-stage system reduces the number of negative ions and lowers surface tension. All parts have a one-year warranty from the date of delivery.
Well water services
There are 15 million homes across the country that use well water. While well water is generally safe to use and consume, it can have a distinct smell and taste. Pentair Pelican provides clean water solutions that reduce iron, soften the water and eliminate the metallic taste that’s often in well water. Some of the company’s most popular well water products include:
  • Pelican tannin removal water filter
  • Pelican nitrate reduction water filter
  • Pelican sulfur water filter system

How does Pelican water softener work?

Pelican water softeners are designed to reduce the mineral content of water that comes into your house. One of the most common signs of hard water is scale buildup around drains and faucets. Hard water can build up in your pipes, cause blockages and damage your water heater. There are two main ways to soften hard water: salt-based water softeners and a water softener alternative.

Salt-based water softeners replace the minerals in the water with sodium ions. This increases the salt content of the water, which is why many people prefer water softener alternatives.

Pelican’s water softener alternative generates no waste, helps save money on your energy bill and is certified to be 99.6% effective. Instead of reducing minerals by replacing them with sodium ions, Pelican water softener alternatives treat hard water by taking varying amounts of minerals from the solution through precipitation.

Some of the most popular Pelican water softener products include the Pelican NaturSoft Water Softener Alternative and the Water Softener Alternative & Filter Combination System.

Pelican water systems cost

The average cost for a Pelican whole-house water purification system is $850, and the price increases to just less than $1,500 when UV protection is added. Both reduce chlorine and bacteria in the water that comes into your home. Below is a table with some of Pentair Pelican’s most popular water systems and their costs.

ProductPrice
Premium whole-house water filter system$854
Pelican whole-house water filters with UV Advantage Series Salt Water Softeners$1,483
NaturSoft Water Softener Alternative$1,529
Countertop drinking filter system$77.70
Pelican three-stage under-counter drinking water filter$104
Pelican Premium Shower Filter with 5-foot wand$59

Pelican Water FAQ

What does the Pelican water filter remove?
Pelican water filters remove sediment, chemicals and contaminants. They also prevent bacterial growth.
How long do Pelican water filters last?
All Pelican water filter products have a one-year warranty, and filters last five years.
Does Pelican NaturSoft really work?
Yes, the NaturSoft filtration has been certified as 99.6% effective in removing harsh chemicals from the water coming into your home or business.
Are Pelican water filters expensive?
Pelican water filters offer high-quality filtration options, but its prices are slightly higher than other leading brands. Shipping is free, and filters come ready to install so you don’t have to pay for installation.

Is Pelican water softener good?

Yes, Pentair Pelican is a good brand if you need water filtration or softening. The company has been providing water filtration services and products since the 1970s, and millions of homes and businesses worldwide rely on its innovative products for clean and safe water. Orders over $49 ship free, and the estimated delivery time is between one and six business days.

Pelican Water Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I started shopping for a UV purification system about three years ago. I first learned about ultraviolet purification systems because there is a company that is fairly close to here that manufactures them. And so I contacted them first and found out that the only thing that they manufacture are industrial size ones. They didn't have anything that would be appropriate for what I needed, which is between 12 and 20 gallons a minute treatment. Their smallest one was 400 gallons a minute, so it was something really big. The guy there suggested that I look up Pelican Water Systems, so I looked up their website. I knew from reading the website what I needed. The sales rep basically confirmed that I was correct and we took care of it. I installed the system myself and it was just fine. It's a 3/4 inch pipe in and 3/4 inch pipe out and a plug. That's all you really need. Everything came just fine.

We run this little cottage colony which is where the system is being utilized. I've been doing the maintenance and plumbing since I was 12 years old here. And this year, since we only have this place open six months out of the year, I change the bulb every two years instead of every once a year. And so, I just changed the bulb this year for the first time and it came just fine. Pelican keeps great records. I called, they told me what I bought and what I needed, and the part number, because I had it repaired, but their rep knew before I could tell him what the side of the machine said. The part arrived a couple of days later and we just stuck it in and we were all set. We like the system a lot. I've recommended Pelican to a couple of other people here around our lake.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I wanted the simplest filtration system for the house I could get. I didn’t want to have to connect through electricity and I didn't want salt. I did a search and when I found Pelican Water, the reviews were good. Then, they sent me an email about a sale. They took a significant amount off of the unit I bought, so I ended up going with them. I installed the system myself and it was easy. I’m a contractor and I build houses. But anyone can do it because the copper setup was simple. All I had to do was run a couple of 4-foot lines from my water main and it was done. It took me 30 minutes, so it went well.

Other than that, I was expecting the water to be a little softer because the water where I live is very hard. I noticed the water’s a little bit softer in the shower, but not like I thought it would be. But it did take a lot of the hardness out of our water. Still, when I used that system to fill up my Jacuzzi, the hardness was still pretty bad when I went to check the water. But I got a 50% reduction in the water hardness from it. I have also noticed a significant difference in the taste of the water. Then, I just put in a new shower in one of my bathrooms and it’s a lot of glass. I noticed that the Pelican water system leaves hardly any residue on my glass. It used to be horrible and I would have etched-looking glass. I had to clean it and squeegee it after every shower.

Also, my dishwasher and things work way better than they did prior to having this system. And I have a black kitchen faucet feature that had to be scrubbed down every two days or it would get really gross-looking from the water. But since I’ve had the Pelican, I haven’t really had to scrub it at all. So, it’s doing a good job and I’m very happy with it.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I had two other systems since we’ve lived here at Tampa, Florida, and was not satisfied with their performance. Both of them failed. In April of last year, I did some research and I came across the Pelican System, which I never heard of before. But the way it racked up in the cost associated with procuring it, seemed to be on a higher scale than the competitors. So, I went out and had a guy come in. We talked for about 45 minutes and from that point on, I had it installed, and I’ve been happy with it ever since.

In Florida, our water is very hard. The water around our faucets, especially around the spickets at the end, ended up with a lot of calcium buildup. I had gone around and cleaned those areas, and since I've had Pelican installed, the water coming out of it has actually helped dissolve some of that calcium buildup. I have no calcium whatsoever on any of my testers at this point in time. Of course, I get water spots occasionally, but the actual faucets themselves seemed to be in good shape. The calcium buildup is what causes most faucets would fail. Eventually, they become so bad that the fixture cannot work any longer. So, it was a very positive note.

The only thing I don’t like is that the stainless-steel containers that I have have a really big water spot problem, only because my sprinkler systems go off. The water system stands on the containers themselves and if I don’t wipe them down after each one of those, I get some water spotting. But I’m very happy with Pelican and I'm only one year into this product. We'll see how it works if they perform this well over the decade. Recently, I pulled my filter out and it was totally black. It tells me right off the bat it’s filtering very well. I just put a new one in.

Original review: May 7, 2020

The property we bought had a well and our home inspection report said that the water had E. coli. They “shocked the well,” which means they poured some bleach down there, but I figured, if they got in there once, it could return. I was concerned about the water quality of our well and I wanted to put a water system in. I Google searched it, and then I came across the name Pelican and before that, I heard about it on the radio as well.

It drives me crazy when I try to call a company and I have to go all the way to the bottom of the page and look for "Contact Us." It then gives me an email that I can send, and then maybe they’ll call me back. That was not the case. Pelican's website was very informative and easy to navigate. Their contact information was there so I didn’t have to hunt for it. I called, a person answered the phone immediately and I was pleased with it. The reps were fantastic. I told them what my concern was and they told me what I needed. I was so impressed because they didn’t try to oversell me. They asked if the water was bothersome as far as being hard or soft and I said no. They said I didn't necessarily need the water softener, but they recommended a system, which sounded great.

They explained things very well to me, including what a typical system was and what the parts did. It was a nice conversation we had to get me to the purchase of the system that I bought. The system I have has three parts, which are the pre-filter, then the main charcoal filter, and then the UV light treatment. They explained to me that the fiber cloth pre-filter would filter out most of the particulates then the tall charcoal filter would get the lead particles, but the UV light treatment would ensure that it killed any bacteria that might be in the water. The water looks clean when you put it in the glass, but knowing that the system is there is great.

There's peace of mind in knowing I’m drinking clean water. Now, I have not had the water tested by a lab yet, but I plan on doing that. We’ve been drinking the water and we haven’t had any intestinal problems or anything like that, so that’s a good thing. The water tastes better too. Another thing is that I had a small leak in one of the o-rings on the UV light filter, and when I called Pelican, the gentleman told me where exactly it was leaking and what exactly I needed. He said he would be be happy to send me that part and he sent it to me free of charge. I had it in a day, so I could not have been happier with that.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I used another device for 30 years and they went out of business. They had fabulous water. The only one that I could find that was comparable was Pelican, and so I chose them. I like the countertop rather than under the sink because I have control over how much water I’m putting through the filter if I’m washing dishes or something that the water shouldn’t have to be filtered. But if I’m washing vegetables or use it for drinking water, I wanna be able to isolate the use of the water.

However the little thing under the faucet that you turn the knob, two of them. One of them cracked completely because it’s plastic inside. The unit it turns against is plastic instead of metal and then they had to replace that. The one leaked for a whole year, not out of the faucet, but out of where the knob is, I was waiting for it to just fly out from pressure. And then finally, I called and they sent me another one. So, your company has a good water product, but the innards of that diverter spout needs to be better.

The People in the technical department, when they sent me one of the replacements, there were no instructions and because the ends are color-coded to go into the filters, I wasn’t sure which one to put on the top or which one to cinch on the bottom of the actual diverter head. I called and they put me through the technical department, and the guy there didn't know.

And then I got online trying to see if they had any video instructions but there was nothing online about it. There were no pictures online as to which feed line goes on the in or the out of the diverter. What the guy in the technical department did was he just sent me another one that was already connected. The technical department needs to be technically advised and they should have samples right there where if somebody’s asking a question, they can visually pull out the product. Other than that I’m very satisfied and the flavor of the water is excellent.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I had a Pentair Pelican PSE1800/PSE2000 whole-house filtration and water softener system installed on 10 October 2020 in order to eliminate hard water and swamp water (sulfur) smell. The technician (Todd **) installed it but 30 days afterwards, there has been NO change in water quality and the sulfur smell is just as bad as ever. I called the Pelican "Help Line" (855-348-7771) three times and each time my calls are sent to voicemail. I left my name, phone number, a short message and requested a call-back all three times. To date, as of 11 November, no one has returned my calls.

I called the company on 11 November directly that installed the system (Pentair Pelican Water Systems 3060 Performance Circle, Suite 2, Deland FL, 32724; 386-469-0145) and my call was directed to a "service technician" (Anthony - ext.#**). That call went directly to voice mail as well. I left a message and phone number but still no call-back. I have also emailed the company (**) and have yet to receive a response. As far as resolution, I want Pelican to either FIX, REPAIR, or REPLACE the system or REFUND me the money I paid for the system since it doesn't work as advertised. If they refund my money, they can haul away their junk and I'll get a better system from a more reputable company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Updated on 10/06/2020: After posting a poor review and responses to the company's responses I was contacted on September 24, 2020. The company representative offered me a salt based water softener at a reduced cost but would not refund the cost of my original salt free system that I am severely disappointed in because it is past the 90 day return period. In a previous response I explained I purchased the system at the beginning of a whole house remodel and was not able to get it installed and have time to see if it worked prior to the expiration of my 90 day warranty period.

Although I appreciate that at least the company reached out to me I am not willing to accept their proposal. I purchased a salt free system and I am convinced that the advertising of how the unit would perform was incorrect. Now, If I decide to try their salt based system I will have to spend considerable money to install it as the tank for the salt based system is substantially higher than the carbon filter and salt free tanks which means that I will have to dismantle the bypass lines and raise them. Still hoping the company will make this right.

Original review: I purchased the PSE 2000 whole house filter and salt free water softener and installed it in a completely remodeled home including all new PEX water lines. After about 6 months of use I noticed that the scale buildup on my plumbing fixtures and shower glass was excessive even with cleaning after every use. I purchased a TDS digital tester and tested my water before the filter and after the filter. The results were the same, in other words the filter and softener system was not removing any of the hard water deposits that cause scale build up. I called the company to ask some questions. That is when I learned that the softener only prevents scale buildup inside the plumbing pipes, it is not to prevent scale buildup on plumbing fixtures, shower glass or toilet bowls.

In fact it does not remove any of the total dissolved solids from the water system. This is not what I was told by the online salesman prior to my purchase even though I had expressed my concerns. I now know that I need a salt based water softener. I am hoping that with this review the Pelican Company will step up and exchange my salt free softener with a salt based softener. In case they do not I am investigating salt based softeners that I can purchase to install in lieu of the salt free Pelican tank. I am hope they will do the right thing. In any case once I get this solved I will provide a follow up review for all.

Hello Vince,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your 2018 purchase. Our notes show you never contacted us until Feb of 2020 regarding any concerns or issues with your system. Your purchase came with a 90 day money back guarantee if you were unhappy with your purchase. Our certified salt-free system does in fact prevent hard water scale but does it without removing minerals from your water. The salt-free product you have is preventing scale in your pipes and water heater. Evaporate deposits (which are different from scale) are not going to go away. Evaporate deposits occur any time you have TDS in your water, and water dries on a surface. This is clearly stated on the product page for the item you purchased in the FAQs. Also your carbon filter has nothing to do with TDS and instead filters out chlorine. That has a 5 year performance guarantee on the media. Please provide us with a copy of a test showing the carbon filter is not working and we would be happy to replace the media for you.

Customer Service

Original review: July 30, 2020

****ATTENTION ALL BUYERS****. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. I have had and have ben going through a terrible experience with these guys. I trusted the SALES AGENT to be honest and give me proper recommendations for a WATER SOFTENER in LAS VEGAS where we have HARD WATER. I asked the agent many questions and also sought for advice. I was lied to, I was mislead, I was given wrong information. I learned very early in sales always be honest because in the long term you will benefit from it, its good practice, shows your character and you can avoid things like this, disappointed customers.

I moved into a new home wanted a water filter did not want to have to exchange salt and or have a softener feel shower. After looking online I found this company which uses a play on words. BE CAREFUL. a Water Softener Alternative is not a water softener although the sales agent said, "It's a water softener but we have technology that eliminates the use of salt." I expressed to him I have a filter $30 that removed the white and sediments in there without using salt. He goes, "Oh yes I have one. It won't be in there. You'll be find this one is great for you. No residue will be left." This guy was speaking like he is an expert, "We have a return policy. We take the item back from you no problems. If you have any issues try 90 days. We have specials. You will love it."

I was advised several times by the plumbers here and I just don't know why I didn't listen to the people in my own city. They advised me against this brand, this product and I pay for their time. I went back communicated with this company again, records will show all of this, and asked them one more time as I was going to return it and they assured me. I paid $50 for consult and $800 for installation. Worse decision I have made. Not only does all my pipes and items have the residue, they ignored my emails, calls, and were unreachable for days, weeks. They acted confused with everything I mentioned, and were unhelpful at every turn.

I finally reached out to my bank to get my money back. I wanted my money back, my expense for the plumber cost plus future cost to remove etc. Look at all their advertisement and things they say to bait you, then look at the cost you incur and the response they have. I have all on record. They are trying to fight me on this, try to send this to collections while my CC bank is investigating this. I have never heard of a company stating a customer hasn't paid when they have, and sending them to collection while the credit card company is investigating this. They want to fight you and they have not been good at any turn.

Please I warn you guys!!!! Be careful with these guys! Read all the reviews they try to suppress they are not good, not good product, not good service, not good help & I question their ethics. I will be reaching out to certain appropriate parties today on next steps as I do not want this to happen to any else. Please share my story!!

Hello Mr. **,

We have received multiple emails from you under different names and emails which has made it difficult to respond to an email you will check. We have responded to each and every email you have sent us. Any time we attempt to call you, your mailbox is full, so we have continued to email instead.

We provided you an RAC to return your product under the 90 day guarantee. However, instead of returning the product you filed a chargeback and have refused to return the product you have not paid for.

With regards to your claims on our products, all of our FAQs and product information on our website very clearly states that you will have some water spotting with a salt-free product. It is also in the owners manual for the system you purchased. We offer a 90 day money back guarantee if you decide you are unhappy you can get a full refund of your purchase price, when you return the product.

In our emails with you, you indicated that you were told by the sales rep "I was told the water would be clear there is a slight chance of spotting". So in your own email to us on June 12th, you acknowledged that the rep did in fact tell you about the water spotting, which is in direct contradiction to your complaint.

We also offered to swap your salt free system for a traditional salt softener to meet your expectations but you refused.

Given the chargeback, we have nothing left to refund you. We can only refund you the purchase price of the system, we cannot refund you for fees you didn't pay us.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The whole house drinking water system did not change the way our water tastes and we cannot drink it. The saltless water conditioner has had no impact on our water that we can tell. We have had to replace our dishwater and our faucets are corroded and now need replaced. We bought both of these units with high hopes but are very disappointed. I have complained to no avail. They will not test our water or offer any solutions other than using a spray cleaner (which will not help with deposits on our hair, radiators, or inside our hot water tank).

Hello Rebecca,

We are sorry to hear that you system is not working as you would like. We recommended having your drinking water checked for chlorine locally as its faster and less expensive to confirm that the certified carbon filter you purchased is in fact reducing the chlorine but you did not choose to have it tested, so we cannot confirm your claim on the carbon filter.

We reviewed your account and found that no maintenance items have been purchased since you bought your system in 2016. Failure to do standard maintenance can effect the performance of your system. Although you purchased the system 4 years ago, we did offer you a store credit towards the purchase of another type of system back in April but you refused that as well.

We are more than happy to help you with your water concerns and find a system that meets your expectations and have gone above and beyond to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us with further questions.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I was sold wf10 system because we have lot of iron in our well water. Purchased the system in April 2019, installed in June/July 2019. Was promised it will take care all water problems, water will be better than bottle water. From day 1 after installing we always had iron in our water. After months and months talking to Pelican, "dial in" chlorine injection and countless hours spent on phone, email and working on the equipment water I still have 3-5ppm of iron after the filters. Water test done by pelican on 8/29/19 show iron tank is only taking out 1.16ppm of iron out of 4.55ppm. Also the Natursoft filter failed to take any hardness out!

Pelican did offer to refund money, but I would have to pay to uninstall the filters and pay shipping about $1500. Very disappointed with pelican and myself for spending any money with pelican. The reviews you see on pelican websites only show 4-5 star. The review I left on their website never got published. This is the response I got back "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

Dear Mr **,

Our WF systems work very well when properly dialed in and on wells with properly working pumps and pressure tanks. Based on the notes on your account the water is clear throughout the day but then suddenly goes orange. This intermittent color change indicates issues with your well either pressure or flow. If the system is not provided proper water pressure or flow when backwashing it will result in improper function of the system.

We have continued to work with you providing you with additional equipment at no cost to resolve your concerns. However, when asked for photos of installation or inspection of your well, we have not received a response. If you need additional help we will be happy to assist.

Pelican Water Company Information