Call toll free
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

675 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had some issues with the water smell, and I had some rust and calcium buildup on a lot of my fixtures in the house. I was looking for a water filtration company and while I was looking online, Pelican happened to pop up. I worked with one specific guy that helped me identify some of the issues. I purchased just a sampling kit. One of the reasons was because they offered a credit for the sample. If you bought or purchased the filter system through them, they would credit you to whatever you spent on the test kit. And so, once I had the results from my test, I had a representative call me to explain to me what they saw on the sample, and it didn’t really line up as much as some of the issues I was having. And so, I took pictures of it and sent it to him, and then we discussed it again, and that’s how I ended up buying the right filter for my home.

The rep was really helpful and he spent as much time with me as I needed. I stayed on the phone with him one day for 45 minutes asking questions, trying to understand why it was best fit, if that was the only solution, and so on and so forth. I have his email as well because he helped me purchase everything. My mom lives about a mile from me and has the same issues. So, I purchased the exact same system for her and I did it through him. And then, even today, I emailed him about some issues I was having over the weekend with the smell in my water, to see if it was something I needed to adjust on the filtration side, and he very promptly emailed me back and asked questions, and helped me to resolve the issue.

I've got two different systems. Because of the level of hardness in the water, I needed a salt-based softener. So, I have a whole house softener system that I purchased from Pelican. And then, because I purchased a salt-based softener, I had to install an under the sink reverse osmosis filter for drinking water and water to cook with. That was why I purchased two different filters.

The setup and installation were fairly simple. I was able to get it done in a few hours on my own. The biggest issue I had with my water was really around my clothing. And so, that was really the driver. My faucets were a little bit frustrating, but it was something I was able to live with without it being a huge ordeal. But what happened when I washed my clothes, because of the hardness of the water, it was like the soap wouldn’t penetrate the water and clean my clothes. So, the instant I would sweat, my clothes would get a very sour smell. Since I've had my Pelican system, my clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. It's much better. I would definitely recommend Pelican.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear since installation of your Pelican system, your clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. Its always a good idea to get your water tested, Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

However as IBM mainframe salespeople said years ago; "No one was ever sorry they bought the best there is." We purchased this house (2 miles west of Crescent Beach, FL) in June of 2014 and had been struggling with our well water since then. The house sits on a cypress knoll atop a perched water table. As such well water is abundant and we only have to lift it 12 to 14 feet, however it is rich in tannin, minerals, dissolved iron and iron oxidizing bacteria; surprisingly it does not reek of sulfur dioxide. -- i.e. it is pretty much the typical shallow well water one sees in N.E. Florida.

The previous owners had installed a potassium permanganate point-of-entry system (PPPOES) and a typical salt-based softener -- both of which had seen better days, with blue-green crap all over the garage floor from the leaking in all directions PPPOES. We replaced the softener and installed an Iron Breaker system in the line from the well before the softener. These took care of the minerals and for a while the iron issues, the tannin remained. But after 3 years the Iron Breaker was breaking down, despite its claimed (when we bought it) 10-15 year life.

So, last October I set out to find an alternative. The two big players here are Culligan and Pelican -- I called both for a "free in-home consultation". The Culligan salesperson lived up fully to what I had expected from a housecall water treatment system salesman (he must have previously worked for Kirby or Electrolux); he knew a lot about selling the system, but very little else. His "testing" was performed with a simple dip-stick kit like the numerous ones I have stacked up in the garage, and his final suggestion was a 20" cartridge carbon filter, a potassium permanganate injection system and a new salt-based softener.

OTH the fellow from Pelican (John) impressed myself (a retired ME -- BSME MIT '69) and my wife with his knowledge of both their equipment and how it worked. He tested our water with a digital field testing system and sent samples to Pelican's lab for additional testing and confirmation. John returned a week later, explained the test results, presented and explained in detail their proposed system and how it would all work together to provide clean usable water. Proceeding was an easy decision.

A week later (third-week November) it (a Pelican WF4/PT3 system) was installed; a 5 micron polyester filter to start things off, Followed by a chlorine injector to kill the iron reducing and other bacteria, Next is an iron & manganese greensand filter and a whole house carbon filter with a 600,000 gallon service life (5 years at 300 gallons/day!) -- these are installed in the pump house, in the garage is the PT3 salt-based tannin filter/softener.

The water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores. We have had a recurrent issue though (Pelican has been right on it though, so it has just an issue, NOT a problem). A couple and a half weeks after installation my wife commented that the pressure in the shower was reduced. I too had noticed this a week or so earlier but left it to the system "settling in". But responding to SWMBO's words and investigating I found that the flow meter in the PT3 control head was no longer functioning (The PT3 control head displays current flow in gpm). The flow meter consists of a small water flow driven turbine wheel in a venturi in the control head's outlet. It had apparently jammed and as the automatic regeneration cycle of the PT3 is triggered by accumulated flow this meant it would never regenerate on its own.

Pelican responded immediately, overnight shipping a new control head and arranging to have it installed the next day. This was done, and inspection proved that indeed the turbine wheel was jammed though we could not determined by what other than that it was a very small something (the clearance between the turbine and venturi is quite precise).

Unfortunately 92 gallons later it jammed again. Pelican sent their top technician the next day; sure enough the turbine was jammed, but once again we could not determine by what. He speculated that perhaps a manufacturing defect had resulted in the filter tank down-tube's lower strainer being damaged allowing media into the stream and recommended that a new tank be installed. This was the Friday before Christmas. On Wednesday we received a new tank, and their tech came yesterday (New Year's Eve day) to install it. Having had company we have now used over 400 gallons of water and it appears all will be well in the new year. KUDOS to Pelican and their support team -- I find myself not at all sorry I bought the best there is! SWMBO=She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback, so glad to hear you had a great experience with our In-Home Water Specialists and the water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

There was heavy iron in the water. I looked into a water treatment system and the sales consultant from Pelican Water Systems came out. He did an examination on water, confirmed that we were heavy on iron, and recommended their homeowner thing, so I went with that. He gave me clarification on how the system works, I accepted the plan there, and he left the tank here. Then the installers came out and they were very good. They put it in and rigged it up, however, I had to rebuild my shed that I had over the pump system because their iron tank was taller than the roof. So, I had to restructure the roof's area then we got the system in.

We had a lot of problems with the system after that. About two days after they put it in, the little box that supplies the power to the timer went out. Pelican sent me a new one then I put it in and it has been fine since then. I purchased the number four system which has the iron, the chlorine, and the other tank for our home system. Later on, I had them come back out again. I wanted a water softener in it because the water was still too hard, so I bought that and added it to the system.

But we still had problems and I called the installer about them. He happened to be in the area and he came back and found the problem. The system wasn't flushing the iron tank completely when it went through its cycle at night, so he put a washer in there with a larger opening and it put more water in there, which got rid of the grayish and the bad taste that was coming out of it. Also, there was a yellow one every two or three days and by putting the bigger washer in it and having more water flush into the iron tank, it was able to completely flush the iron tank. We've been living with that now and it seems to be good.

I was very dissatisfied at first because it took quite a bit to tune up the system. But James, the head installer, was very sharp and very knowledgeable. He helped me a lot with it and we got it cleared up now, though, it has taken about five months to get everything cleared up. But now I don't have the same graying or the yellow one in anymore, and the water taste is a lot better. Also, since having the system installed, the water doesn't have the iron. It took the water softener about two weeks before it started working effectively, but now, we can suds up in the shower.

My neighbor next door, who has the same problems with his water, came over and talked to me. He wanted to know what I thought of my system because he was thinking about getting one as well. I told him that for the first five months, I thought I was making a big mistake. The system had to be tuned-up then Pelican increased the chlorine a bit and had to get the flushing system to work better. But I told him that it is starting to work okay now though he is still watching to see whether he wants to put one in or not.

So far, I've changed the sediment filters and James came up here, took the chlorine unit off, and cleaned it because it was heavily coated in iron. He cleaned all of that off a little earlier than I needed to. I'm watching the system to see whether Pelican is gonna take care of the problem, but so far, since James was here, the problem has been taken care of and the water softener is working. Pelican also sent me their special water test when I called in about the problem. They were suspecting I had something else, although James said that I didn't. I called them about two weeks later and they came back and said that my well looks great. I told them that nobody called me, so I didn't know what was going on, and the response has been a little negative. Other than that, the evaluation was good and the system itself is better than what I had initially with the old salt water softener system. Also, the frustration that I went through was very concerning especially considering the price that I paid for, but I'm okay with it right now.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review. The water chemistry in Private wells can present challenges for any system. However, here at Pelican we have the best products to address most issues as well as the most experienced water specialists for the best recommendations.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The city water sucks. It has a taste and it’s got a smell to it because of the rain and all the other crap. I purchased the whole house system with the ultraviolet lighting add-on from Pelican. I covered all the bases and the water coming into the system now has no taste or aftertaste. It’s very clean and very clear water. We don't have crud all around our dishes either. When we drained our dishes, we used to get all that white crap from the city water. They either don’t control the chlorine or put so much in it. They figured they’d kill everybody. If you go buy a little bit of chlorine and pour it on concrete, it will leave a hole right through your concrete wall. It's an acid. And you're gonna drink it? They use so many parts per billion but it's still a part that's going into my body. It’s silly but since installing the system, even my dog is healthier.

My wife also said that if you have rigorous city water or regular water of any kind, your toilets are constantly dirty. We have one bathroom in the middle of nowhere in the house and we don’t go there. That bathroom could go without usage for a month and before, we'd have to go back there and scour the amount of stain off of the bowl. But now, it doesn’t matter if it’s for a month or three months, there is no brown water or residue of any kind. The other thing I noticed that is extremely different is how our skin feels after showering. I have a brother up in Ohio and a sister out in Texas, and they’ve both commented on that as well. My sister said that in Texas, she would use $9 worth of conditioner on her hair because it would be all frizzy and dried out. But she was here for the week and she had not used any conditioner on her hair.

I have recommended Pelican to many people at this point. If you’re gonna buy something, Pelican is the one they should buy. I researched multiple systems and I had people come out to the house. These were people who were in the business of selling this stuff but they couldn't answer any of the questions that I had. They were 40 and 50-year-old residents passing themselves off as professionals. On the other hand, the man from Pelican who was on the phone with me answered all of my questions perfectly. He was a young man but was very informative and very knowledgeable. Even Pelican’s website was very informative. It answered all of my questions.

On top of that, the rep was also extremely accommodating. I am a disabled veteran and once he found that out, he looked diligently for any programs that could offer me some discounting as a veteran. He found a few that fit the bill and saved me some money. He was outstanding. The guy should either get a raise or a promotion. In fact, we went to the point of writing a letter on his behalf to the president of the company.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I looked at different types of home filtering systems and water softeners and I’ve had the old style water salt type things before, but I didn’t wanna go that way. When living in California, they’re not too keen on it. A LifeSource person came out and did a demonstration for me in-home and I liked the way their system was, but I started researching and found Pelican Water Systems, so, from there, that’s where I got started. I knew we have the hard water here because I used to live in Las Vegas in Nevada and we had extremely hard water there. We had a system there as well, although it wasn’t a Pelican. I was concerned that I needed the system here. It was a new construction home and I wanted to get it started off right. We had only been in it for about six months and it was already starting to show some calcium deposits and spots, so I wanted to get a system.

Pelican recommended a company that wasn’t even close to where we live. They were about 60 miles away, so I just went with a local plumbing company and had them make me a bid in coming out and installing it once I got the system shipped. I had just the water filtering system with one tank at first and we had it for almost two years. I was so impressed with what I had, but I talked to my next door neighbor and he actually went with the whole of the dual system. My wife said that she would really like to have the softer water and seeing what was my neighbor's once he had it installed, I decided to go back and reordered the softener as well after a few months. We’ve had that in for a good year.

Pelican told me it would take a while for the system to start breaking down whatever build-up I had in the pipe, and sure enough, every so often, I had gone back a couple of times after a few months and had taken out my aerators and rinsed them out. Sure enough, there were still little deposits breaking loose and coming together. In fact, it filters so well. At first, there were only two of us and I had changed the filter down from five months to four months to three months. It gives us a range of how much we use it, how many people are in our household, and how often we should change our filters. Now, every three months I change the filter because when I pull it out, it has really collected a lot of particles and I can see it in the filtering system, so it’s really working and it really does a good job. The water is much softer and I don’t see any new additional build-up on any of the faucet heads. It really has made a difference.

I talked to my friend next door and a couple of people I know down in the neighborhood into buying one, but they went with much more expensive units and water systems. My neighbor across the street has one of the local water softener guys. He said it comes with replacement of the tank every month type thing and he’s considering changing it out. He wanted to see how well mine works. He’s interested and he has done some online research, too, that he is considering getting the Pelican as well.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear your Pelican System really has made a difference and the water is much softer and you don’t see any new additional build-up on any of the faucet heads. Thanks for recommending Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: July 21, 2019

I was searching for soft water systems online and I heard about Pelican Water Systems. We were having too much iron in our water from our old system. So, I wanted the Pelican system. I have the well water system. First, the water comes in and goes through a round paper filter unit, and then the magnesium and iron filter tank, and then it goes into another tank. At first, what we got wasn't quite doing the job and after about a year, we ordered the iron and magnesium system that would remove that stuff. It has been working very well since. The system has been very expensive but it has been well worth it. I usually consult with the maintenance of the service department when I had questions. The rep I stayed in contact with was very knowledgeable and willing to help recommend changes.

Original review: July 20, 2019

My mother had a water softener and I searched the internet for a replacement unit. She had lead in her water and we were looking for a salt-free system that would take the lead out. Based on the ratings on the internet and the ease of installation, we went with Pelican Water Systems. They recommended doing a water test first to narrow down exactly what we needed. It was quick. They sent everything I needed and explained everything I had to do. I bought a WF4 iron and manganese system and installed it myself. Now, we can drink the water and have no iron flavor. Plus, the stains have all gone out of the sink. We’re very satisfied.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Easy to install. I am a Licensed aesthetician and cosmetologist. I recommend this product to all of my clients for their hair and skin. It would be nice if you guys came out with different aromatherapies. I love the affordability of this system as well as maintaining the system.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I live in a brand new neighborhood, and we all are dealing with hard water and a lot of scaling coming in through our showerhead. I wanted to get three different estimates on a system to soften my water. I went to Culligan, and I went to another one, and the third one was Pelican. I talked primarily over the phone with Bob from Pelican to get me the information that I needed, and to tell me a little bit about the program. I like the fact that their system was salt-free.

They explained how they were better than the others because of the salt-free aspect. And I had had quite an experience. I felt like I had two clowns in my house when the Culligan people came in, and it was like they put on a show. But it was almost funny and their cost was twice what Pelican was gonna offer for me. So I went with Pelican and got the 1800 with the two cylinders and the smaller with the blue large particle filter that needs to be changed more often.

Dealing with their people has been a little bit more challenging. The installer fellow that came was not a plumber. He explained to me that he was a construction worker, but he was trained in how to do the installation. I talked to the bosses over there, and they said that it was perfectly okay that he wasn’t a plumber because the installation doesn’t require a plumber, and that I can put it in myself. So, he did the work, but he chose a really rainy day. He had a lot of trouble getting it put in. In fact, he had to come back and correct some things, and he lives down south and closer to South Florida. He had a long drive to come and take care of it. But he fixed it.

There is still one more thing that I need to get corrected, which is that he did away with the shutoff valve to the house, and I’m gonna have to put a new one on there. I have not been able to get in touch with the installer or the company. I have left messages and I haven’t been able to get in touch with them. Other than that, the product is simple and it is a unique system. Since we got it installed, the water does not have a funny odor to it, and it has a great taste. It’s not slimy, and you could tell it’s softer than it was. Pelican's water system is something that everyone should consider when they are looking to improve the quality of their water. With it, I can drink it right from the faucet, which most people can’t do anymore. It’s delicious.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Our water was terrible. I got a referral to Pelican Water from a customer of mine. I initially set the whole thing up online. But they were great, because I made a mistake in the ordering and they corrected it without me even knowing it. They realized I made a mistake and corrected it before they shipped it. So, they were really proactive. I was impressed. I got the filter and softener combo for the whole house. I did the installation myself and it was fairly easy. I just had to do a little bit of plumbing work, but their connections were a piece of cake. They call it SharkBite connections, and you just push it in and that’s it. The whole installation kit was very easy. I already recommended them to a bunch of people.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I always put a water treatment system in because I don't trust the water source anywhere. My ex-husband used to work in water and waste water treatment so I know all about that stuff. I like Pelican because it takes out the pesticides and the drugs as well. I have the whole house system and since I’ve had it, I’ve had none of the chlorine. I have better tasting water and it doesn’t make my stomach sick. The little round cylinder that holds the filter cracked on a Sunday morning and I contacted customer support. The next day, the rep was at my doorstep and he replaced it. That was great.

Original review: July 17, 2019

When we moved into a new home, our water heater busted within the first couple of weeks. We knew it had to do with hard water. We also had a very high chlorine smell in our house. Then, we saw the spotting around the sink and knew we had an issue. Our Pelican Water Systems sales consultant was excellent. We got the softener system, the whole house filter, and the RO. I feel like our water quality is very good now. The water is soft and the chlorine smell is completely gone. It was a very good experience. I'm satisfied.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have hard water in my house and there is a lot of stuff that doesn’t need to be in there because the city water puts chemicals in it. I purchased the combo with the salt-free softener from Pelican Water but I did not like it. Pelican said that they would take it back but I gotta purchase the softener system separately. I purchased that and they returned my money back for the salt-free softener and things worked out well. The installation process was very neat and timely mannered. The installer was very professional and did a great job. When I take a bath, I love the feeling that it gives me. My face is clearer and I don’t have those bumps on my back. The water quality was bad before but now, it’s perfect.

Original review: July 15, 2019

The biggest problem with the salt system is that it gets in your skin and your salt content goes up. I didn’t want anything to deal with salt, but most of the things that we have out here in California are salt systems. I knew three people that had tried Pelican and loved it, so I decided I was gonna do it too. I went online and bought the whole kit because I was redoing all the plumbing in my house. Before, the water was so hard out that I’d be changing faucets constantly. I wanted a softener and a filter system that was gonna help fight that hard water and still give a decent flavor if I'm ever able to drink from the sink again.

Pelican was the best and supplied all my needs. One of the biggest differences that I noticed is that my shower head and sink faucets do not build up with hard water grime on the ends where it plugs up the system anymore. I’m extremely satisfied. They have the right system and the company is being run right. I tell everyone around a two-block radius to go with Pelican.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I Googled, "The world's best, simplest and most efficient water treatment program for your home," and heard about Pelican Water System. It was one of the best. I’m an engineer and I still had to use the plumber to install it. There were twists and turns, in and out, and back and forth. We got that thing set up but I had an airlock in the second tank. The first tank filled good but the second tank was 8 inches from filling. The plumber said we would just cut through the air and the thing went off like a cannon. I knew how much power that water has got so we got the system stabilized. Then, I ran the sediments out of it. It's a brand new house and I didn't expect that much stuff to be in there.

I got the Pelican system installed on April 20 and my wife and I love it. We had to put that little slippery stuff in the dishwasher because it'll spot. It looks terrible but it does the trick. Since having the system, the water tastes great. I'm battling cancer, so one of the things I have to do is watch my pH levels. Every time I take a drink with that stuff, I don't have to worry. I had the 1800 system. It's just me and my wife, and I got a great, big house. There's no way I'm gonna be able to use all the GPM that thing will generate but it’s done. Next time, I would go with the small one. I told my son to buy a Pelican system. I also told my friend Kevin and he already ordered on.

Original review: July 13, 2019

In the town of West Orange, New Jersey where I live in, there is a tremendous amount of stuff in the water. If I were to use reverse osmosis, I would clog it up in a day. If you put stuff in the dishwasher, glasses would come out with calcification marks. You'd also see calcium build-up in the faucets and showerheads in the bathroom. But now that I have the Pelican water system, the calcification is gone. As explained to me by the salesperson that I had spoken to, it disappeared over time. I didn’t have to clean them or anything like that so everything has been positive.

I have a salt-free water system. It has the carbon canister and the deionization canister. I installed the system myself. Originally, I was supposed to get a four-pack of replacement pre-filters and they sent everything except for those. Within a week after calling Pelican, I got the pre-filters. My water system wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for. I’m real estate appraiser and I have appraised 8,000 houses. I've seen all kinds of systems and have asked all kinds of people about their experience with it. I came across the Pelican brand a while back but couldn’t afford it. It took a little while. I have recommended Pelican to a number of people. I told them I'm satisfied with it and that the performance seems to be good, but it’s not cheap.

Original review: July 12, 2019

We had RainSoft water softener but it wasn't doing too well. When we were at a home show, a Pelican rep did an excellent job and he explained everything. That’s why we went with the Pelican system with no salt to it. Everything went great during the installation. We've had our new water system for four months now and it's been working great. The difference between Pelican and Rainsoft is like night and day.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I live in Elk Grove in California and they have hard water. There’s a buildup of calcium on the faucets and the water tastes nasty. I called Pelican Water Systems and talked to them on the phone. Then they gave me all kinds of information. I bought the PSE1800 and I noticed that the water tastes better now. Also, when I take a shower, it's better for my skin and hair. I had no problems so I recommended Pelican to a couple of my friends.

Original review: July 10, 2019

The VA inspector insisted my entire house be treated for nitrate when all the rules and laws say only the sink has to have a sink valid reverse osmosis. He would not approve my loan unless the whole house had reverse osmosis which costs $30,000 and is only used for daycare because the only thing nitrate affects are infants that are drinking the wrong water. So, I was not paying for that. So, I googled water treatment systems. Pelican freight shipped it and I installed it the second I could. Since I’ve had it, the water tastes better.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I live in Titusville, Florida, and our water here is horrible. I went on Pelican's website and read all the information, and it was simple to navigate. I bought the PC600 salt-free single cylinder and everything is great with it. I talked to a couple of technical guys for some questions and it was simple and easy.

Original review: July 8, 2019

We're on well water which was why we were looking for a water softener. I looked on the internet to find out about different brands and I ran across a water softener with no salt. I read up on the pros and cons and I liked what I read. I figured the one with salt would be better, but I am 77 years old and don’t need to be dragging bags of salt for a distance.

I installed the water softener myself and it went quite well. I put my laptop in the basement and kept watching the video to make sure I did everything right. The installation was straightforward and I just had to tap into the proper lines. I had a leak, but that was because I didn’t take the time to put enough Teflon tape on the plastic. I put a couple of wraps and figured that was good enough, but it wasn’t so I had to cut that part off and put a new part in. Everything worked fine after. Before, when washing clothes, it didn’t get as clean. The showers became stained with the stuff that was in the well water. And the well water smelled. All that is now gone. I'm very happy with my Pelican water softener.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I wanted an all-in-one water system without the salt. I have hard water and calcium build-up. I wanted something that could stop that and I wanted one with less maintenance. I looked at two companies and Pelican had what I wanted. I bought filters from the company where I bought the water softener. I talked to them a couple of times and I had a couple of questions. All interactions were positive. My water system is great and it is doing what it is supposed to. Pelican is by far, the best.

Original review: July 6, 2019

We have hard water where we live. We're in the city so over the last several years, they do something with the water twice a year. There's a funny smell coming out of the faucets, and has a odor and a taste that I do not care for. And then they flush it out of the system after about three weeks. Even though we got filtered water in our refrigerator, it doesn't take out all the stuff. My plumber guy recommended Pelican and one or two other brands as a company to look into as far as researching. Once I started doing my research, I personally felt comfortable with the Pelican brand and decided to go ahead and choose them.

I bought the Pelican system online but the very next day, they put some kind of sale on and it come out about $100 cheaper had I purchased on that day. I called the main number and some guy picked up. We kinda went back and forth for a little bit, and he tried to tell me that it comes up the same. But I told him it doesn't and he could do the math. He listened to me, and about the third time around, he said that I was right and that it would have been a better deal. So he honored the discount. At that time, my order hadn't even been fully placed yet. I could have canceled it at that time. So the rep was showing more of an interest in making me a new customer than being a jerk about it.

My licensed plumber came out and installed the system. The water is definitely softer. It seems all better in the shower now because the skin and the hair does feel cleaner. It's really convenient to turn on any faucet in your house and not have to worry about what the water is coming out. You don't have to run to your fridge to pour quality water into a pot or a pan for cooking. You can just turn it on at the kitchen sink and not worry about it. We're enjoying uninterrupted quality water service for the first time in our life. We're happy we did it. We've already recommended Pelican to friends and family.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I love this filter for my shower. My hair color doesn’t fade from the chlorine and I don’t need a moisturizer. I can’t believe I waited so long to buy. I had been let down before by another brand but I’ll be using Pelican forever.

Original review: April 13, 2019

3-Stage Premium Shower Filter 5 ft want with model number PSF-WC looks good in our bathroom. We will also use it for our special child for her special needs. We choose it for our health and avoid damage to our hair.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Spent nearly $5000 on equipment, $900 on installation, only to replace system with Culligan Salt system about a year and a half later. I spend numerous hours with support trying to "dial in" the bleach/water combination on the phone with them (to which I joked "I might as well be a Pelican water technician at this point.") I requested a full refund 17 days after 90 day warranty policy. They refused. After several hundreds of dollars of ruined clothes, rust stained sinks and toilets, and just overall anger, I called Culligan to put in their system. I'm selling the Pelican system with full disclosure they have no intentions of selling a good product and/or good service after. One of the worst purchases of my life.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchased the countertop filtration works better than the competitors Pur Filtration. Water tastes great. Purchased the shower filter and no more chlorine, etc. Hair comes out squicky clean. I will be a Customer for life. Pelican is a great company that delivers as advertised.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that your drinking water has improved. Now that you have your Shower Filter/Counter Top Filter and are happy with the water quality you may want to consider signing up for our Water Shields Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 31, 2019

I purchased a whole house salt free softener, plus filter and UV light. Had it installed in August. 7 months later, I continue to have white spots on all the bathroom faucets, sinks, shower doors, glasses and dishes. I have had a water test done by Pelican and another facility, the water hardness was 294.00. Which is considered very hard water. I called Pelican on numerous occasions to discuss the white spots and was told they should easily wipe off. Who wants to wipe down everything every day to get spots off? My husband called to complain as well, the customer service person tried to tell me to buy another product of theirs to get rid of the spots, when they told me the only way to get rid of the spots is through a reverse osmosis system, which can cost thousands of dollars. Poor customer service, bad products, the system was replaced with a Culligan system. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We live in South Texas and get our water from our own well. About four years ago, I ordered and installed a large system costing well over $3000. It has NEVER worked properly. I'm sure we have very high levels of hard water, but the company clearly said this system would make it soft and safe. After only four years of marginal service, one of my tanks leaks, so I have had to bypass it. Mainly: we have never had soft, mineral-free water. Showers must be cleaned frequently to clear the stains, faucets all get cooped up with lime, dishwasher works well only if we add a rinsing chemical, etc. etc. Even after reviewing the system at least twice on the company's website, I have never heard from them. Nobody has shown any concern. I would recommend bypassing their systems.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. Our records indicate that our support team has reached out to you and is currently working on resolving your concern.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 7, 2019

We purchased the Pelican PSE2000 Whole House Filter-Softener system in February 2014. In January 2019 (after 4 years) we had to replace the whole system. Our appliances began to fail and our faucets were getting damaged from the hard water. The PSE2000 system did not soften our hard water. I would be cautious about spending approximately $2,700 for a system that does not soften the water. Once we replaced the system with a different brand, our hard water scaling and hard water issues disappeared.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. Our records indicate that our support team has reached out to you and is currently addressing your concerns.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information