Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Oster Microwave Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

The microwave works well but has some minor drawbacks such as noise as it is off but cooling. As it ages it is more likely to not sense my fingers as I try to program it even tho numbers appear clean and no reason finger touch not to work at first touch.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This model has a grill feature which my husband loves & I love the stainless steel mirror look! All heating functions work great & it was a great price! Only recommendation I would have, & this applies to all microwaves that I've used, is the under turntable carousel device. There must be a better design because it's easy to break or is topsy-turvy. I'm not sure why any manufacturer hasn't created a built-in one yet while keeping the removable glass plate for cleaning purposes. I hope to see this in the future & it would be worth paying a little extra for.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have had this microwave for several years now and it has always performed as expected. So far, my wife and I have only used it for warming up leftovers. My wife also uses it to make corn-on-a-cob. It works perfectly for this particular task and is very quick. I would definitely purchase this same type of unit again.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Easy to understand and operate, no complicated controls. Never had a repair, over 10 years old. Cooks anything easily, has separate controls for each food you are cooking, pizza, popcorn, frozen vegetables, meat, defrosting. Mine is 1000 watts and cooks most foods adequately for me. It has a glass turntable, easy to remove and clean, mine happens to be portable and not installed above my stove. It is moderately sized yet will accommodate a large casserole dish if needed. The front is dark glass but can be seen through while running since it is lighted inside. I wouldn’t buy any other brand since I have had such good luck with Oster.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My only issue with the microwave is a 30 seconds button. The size is great and I bought it in black. Easy to clean, I've had it almost a year, and the buttons show no indications where you hit all the time. I chose black to match my other Oster product. They behind the products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I just purchased a Oster 1.4 cu. Ft. microwave not even an hour ago in packed it and found the ring that the glass tray sits on broken. I called Oster customer service just to discover they will not warranty replace it. Their reason was Farm and Fleet is not an authorized seller of their products. They are a third party vendor. Bad business practice Oster. I will NEVER purchase another Oster product.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

This oven was a gift from my sister to replace another brand. I was grateful. Like most people here, my oven started out working and was reliable until I noticed it would build up steam inside, rendering the walls, roof and door dripping wet with condensation. The oven was out on the counter with plenty of room for the air to circulate. Within less than a year, I noticed the paint blistering under the turntable and around the door frame. A few months ago, A SENSOR WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS FROM HAPPENING. I opened the door to put in my dinner to cook up and it blew a fuse WITHOUT TURNING IT ON. Replacing the fuse didn't work, resulting in a call to the super. Turned out the oven also damaged the outlet. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER OSTER PRODUCT AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Bought this microwave because it was stylish and a good price. I liked the door handle on the front. I don’t like buttons because they wear down. I had this microwave for two years and today I was cleaning and noticed that There was a black hole burns in the bottom of the microwave where the turntable is. I was confused as to how this happened. Read other reviews and it looks as though it was rust. I usually boil water in the microwave to get all the sticky food off the walls of the microwave. Reading other reviews I should have left the door open to air out. Did this with my other microwaves and never had a problem with rusting. Often the clock would stop working. Which was bizarre. Probably won’t buy the same brand again. After just a couple years I am Dishing out money for a new microwave.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Received an Oster Microwave for Christmas three or four years ago. Yesterday while heating a TV dinner I heard a loud pop noise. Took dinner out and noticed a piece of the inside paint down low by the glass tray had come off. I immediately called the 1-800 number on the microwave. They did return my call in a timely manner. The lady rep. said I must have a lot of moisture. That will make the paint bubble and chip on the inside. I am 75 yrs. old and have had a microwave from a different company for years before this Oster was given to me. I think lasting only three or four years is not acceptable. I was told to unplug the microwave and get a new one. That Black Friday was approaching so that is a good thing she said.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Clearly the microwave I purchased was a lemon from the start. Now a year and 12 days is just stopped working. This company charges high priced for products that should cost way less for the use you get out of them.

Oster Microwave Company Information