Oster Appliances
3.81/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Oster Appliances

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Oster Appliances Reviews

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Updated on 10/30/2019: FINALLY heard from them in an email, asked for a pic of the oven and a pic of the number on the prong of the plug. Sent both with my address. They say they are going to send me a new one...We shall see, maybe by Christmas? This is my only type of oven to use for cooking so hopefully it won't take too long.

Original review: I bought this oven in January 2019 and first thing I noticed was the cord is super short and it gets HOT and squishy plugged in a reg outlet. 2nd thing I have "branded" burned my arms, hands and fingers all over the oven. 3rd, the timer either starts and freezes, or doesn't start at all but it will cook, and keep on cooking. The timer used to beep at the end of countdown and shut the oven off, now it doesn't shut off unless I push the off button. I have contacted the company but am not holding my breath as I have read they take FOREVER to respond and then drag it on and on as long as they can hoping the person will give up.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I just purchased this Oster convection oven - the 'function' dial for controlling temperature just spins around - if I set it at its highest setting (450) it does not heat above 300 degrees - repeated attempts met with same results - the other function dials all 'click' as you turn them into position (function-timer). Temperature dial does not.

Get expert buying tips about Blenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Blender lasted about 1 year. You will hold for an hour to get someone on phone. Then talk to someone in India that will keep asking for information. Gave them everything they needed. So they then told me I would need to take a picture of blender with case number I was giving and email it back to them. It is obvious they try everything in their power to prevent replacing warranty items. Read Consumer Affairs complaints before buying their products. Bad company!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I received this convection oven as a gift for Christmas. It was extra large which I liked because you could fit an entire extra large pizza into the oven. I quickly learned the oven was not really for "toasting" even though it has a toasting setting. No matter what amount of slices you set it to, it took 15 minutes for a piece of toast!! Ok, so I get over that, then there's the 'pizza' setting that actually broils instead of baking! I was really wondering if I received an item that was somehow mis-wired.

Then the oven door suddenly explodes while I'm standing in front of it one day and there's glass everywhere. Thank goodness the glass was made of that kind of windshield glass that doesn't shatter into shards but breaks into small squares (non-sharp) or I may not have been around to type this review! I had a warranty but we threw the item out afraid it was a fire hazard. Took pictures and sent to OSTER primarily just wanted their company to know this product may be faulty. They said they will replace it but I'm skeptical about owning another one!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Right door on French door countertop oven shattered - while not in use - three months after warranty expired. I had no issues concerning oven performance. End result - Oster customer service was great. From first call to arrival of new replacement oven was maybe two weeks. I asked for - and received - a different model. Oster made what could have been a frustrating experience into a hassle-free one. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: March 29, 2019

I bought the Oster Pro 1200 from Amazon on Feb. 9, 2019. The first time I used the food processor the adaptor stripped out. I called customer service and waited 40 minutes. I sent 3 emails with no response. I called again and after 1 hour 15 minutes a lady answered. She couldn't find my part and requested a photo. She said I should answer the email she would send me. No email arrived.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Placed a call to Oster customer service because website didn't address my question. Could not find anything about my product on website except for a users' manual, which I already have. There is no way to leave a message on site to be answered later. There is no way to leave telephone number so that call can be returned later. So, I call the customer service number. The voicemail message indicated that there were 8 callers ahead of me. That was 49 minutes ago, and I am still waiting!!! What a way for a company to treat people who have bought its product!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This toaster oven does not have very well defined off location on the dial. The first time I found the oven on after I thought I turned is off, I assumed I turned the dial too far to the “stay on” position. My son used the toaster oven and later found it on and very hot. Everyone in the household was cautioned about turning the dial too far to the stay on position. Then the toaster was found on two more times long after it was used. The toaster oven is turning itself on from what is labeled “0” (zero) on the timer dial. This is extremely dangerous given how hot the toaster oven gets.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I ordered a Oster Roaster back in December. When I thought the order did not go through I reordered. I did not receive any confirmations until 2 hours after making purchase, at this time I realized the order was duplicated. I tried contacting Oster to cancel one of the orders and was unable to do so. Both items came and I refused the one back to UPS. I have sent numerous e-mails to Oster and contacted UPS to track shipment. As of today Jan 24 I have gotten nothing but a negative response from their customer service in which they take at least a week to respond to. They also say that you have to go through 2 billing cycles before they will issue any kind of refund.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Beware of this convection toaster oven. I read the instructions before I used it--it arrived yesterday & said to put oven on at 450 deg for 15 min. to burn off any manufacturer residue. Not even 3 minutes had gone by & it was up in flames! No off switch, so unplugged & finally was able to douse the flames. My entire house was full of smoke & if I had left it unattended, would have lost everything. This is a very dangerous product & would recommend the manufacturer remove it from stores.

Oster expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Oster is an American manufacturing company that specializes in small appliances. It was founded in 1924 and bought the Stevens Electric Company in 1946, which had received a patent for a food blender. The Oster brand has since been acquired by Sunbeam. Today Oster is known for a wide variety of kitchen appliances, including roaster ovens, blenders, toasters, rice cookers and more. Oster is the top selling blender brand in America.

• Versa® Pro® Series Blender: This 1400W blender features three smoothie cups and two mini storage jars in addition to its 8 cup blending jar. It comes with a limited seven-year warranty and costs about $300.

• Blend-N-Go® MyBlend® Personal Blender: This mini blender is ideal for individual shakes and smoothies. The blender jar doubles as a serving bottle. It is available in several colors and retails for about $25.

• Classic Series Blender PLUS Food Chopper: This 700W blender doubles as a food processor. Use the S-blade and 3 cup jar to chop fruits and vegetables, or use the four point blade and six cup jar to mix smoothies, shakes and more. It sells for about $40.

• DURALAST™ All Metal Drive: Most Oster blenders have a special metal-to-metal motor that Oster guarantees for up to ten years. Oster says this motor will blend 10,000 smoothies.

• Online resource: Oster offers instruction manuals, helpful tips, recipes and frequently asked questions on its website. If you can’t find the information you need, you can submit a question and get an answer from customer service.

• Best for: Those needing a high powered blender for everyday use and those who need a mini blender.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Oster Appliances Company Information