1.42/5

133 Oster Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2009

Oster blenders are advertised as having an "all metal drive" inferring that they are stronger and more durable than competing products that use rubber or plastic in their drive systems. After purchasing one of the Oster Beehive series blenders and having the drive system shear in half through normal use, it became obvious upon inspection of the broken part that the drive system has a rubber coupler between the motor and the blade assembly. This coupler failed within two weeks of normal use. We subsequently replaced the broken blender with another Oster unit and it too failed within two weeks of normal use. A third blender was ordered from the same series and it too failed within two weeks of normal use.

Upon further research, I have come to find out that this drive failure is very common with this company's blender products. There are dozens of negative reviews on Amazon.com from customers who have had the same failure over and over again. I do not feel that it is right for a company to be advertising their product as having an "all metal drive" system when it in fact does not. Once more, this rubber coupler in the drive chain is prone to chronic failure through normal use, which also goes against their claims of having one of the most durable blender product lines in the world. Isn't this against the law? I don't understand why there has not been a product recall or an effort to force Oster to change their deceptive claims about this product line.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2009

I bought the Oster 12-bottle wine cellar OW0912H6H for Christmas from Best Buy two years ago, never used it until a month ago. I used it for one month and the fan stopped working. Now I am out $129.00 plus tax like so many others out there.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2009

I too received Oster's 12-bottle wine cellar (model OW0912H6H0) as a Christmas gift from my kids in Dec 2008. It stopped working in July 2009! After reading all the complaints on ConsumerAffairs.com, I called Oster. They were not helpful nor encouraging regarding any type of warranty as I was told that Oster licensed out their name on many products and this was a case of buyer beware.

Kudos to Best Buy, Mill Plain Store, Vancouver, WA! I knew my son had purchased it there, so that is where I returned it. I had no receipt, they didn't care as they found the purchasing info on their computer. The customer service manager Cole refunded me full price of the unit, which I promptly used to by a Vinotemp 12-bottle cooler. Bill, a salesman in appliances, was terrific too. Best Buy stood behind the product that they sold with great professional courtesy. This consumer will continue to shop at Best Buy!

Original review: July 26, 2009

I purchased the wine chiller #OW0912H6H for Christmas 2008 and the unit stopped working 3 months later. I called Best Buy and Oster, and received the same results as everyone else, which was nothing. There should be some type of suit started against this company or whomever is responsible for this product failure. I lost $140.00 for the purchase of the product.

Original review: July 25, 2009

I don't understand why Oster won't stand by the wine cooler model OWO912H68. Nowhere on the unit does it reference another maker. If they don't respect their brand name, then I don't either. There's plenty of competition to force them into bankruptcy also. The wine cooler worked for less than a year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: June 16, 2009

I purchased the Oster wine cellar (model OWO912H6H) at Best Buy. When it stopped working, Best Buy said it wasn't their problem and Oster said they didn't manufacture the item—Petters did. Of course, Petters is now bankrupt and nobody will take any responsibility for this product. There are dozens of complaints on this item that are very similar to my experience. It is frustrating to know that when you buy a product with a certain brand, it might not actually be that brand after all. And, when it isn't, nobody wants to share in the burden of the responsibility when something goes wrong. I am tired of the companies taking all the profit and none of the blame for a defective product. The consequences are $100and a bit of time trying to sort out the warranty that nobody will honor.

Original review: May 2, 2009

Gave my wife an Oster Wine Cooler for Christmas. It quit workining in March. After reading other complaints, I guess there is no reason to try to call anyone...

Original review: May 2, 2009

Original review: April 24, 2009

The Oster 3157 juicer is not a healthy device. We found that after using it several times we started to see black flakes in the juice! All parts are removable except plastic drive rotor.

During juicing process pulp and juice can overflow inside and onto the drive rotor of the unit which can collect fruit pulp underneath and the get circulated back into juice. Searched oster.com for place to report and sent in a web report--no response Called customer support from same site--got offered a replacement, which I refused. The device works as designed--it is the design that is defective. A simple test of the juicer will prove it. take the removable parts off the juicer and you will see the drive rotor which is hollow underneath. It may take running a few batches of fruit through to get the build up-but when you see that juice can leak onto the top of the machine you can see how it happens. There is no way to clean this area as designed. This juicer is a likely health hazard--and we will not use it again. Please help this get corrected.
Original review: April 24, 2009

I received this 12-Bottle Wine Cellar (Model: 0W0912H6H) for Christmas 2007. It stopped working in April 2008. I placed a warranty claim in the Summer of 2008. In August I was told a check was cut and I would receive it soon. After some time passed without receiving the check, I learned the company went out of business. I spoke to several people at Sunbeam/Oster who told me there was a spreadsheet of outstanding claims. They updated my information on that spreadsheet with the case number that I received when I placed the warranty claim. I just called Oster to determine the status of my warranty claim. I was told to send a fax to a number provided to me to receive an update. I sent a fax in February and another in April and have received no feedback.

Original review: April 18, 2009

Wow! Like so many others, I bought this wine cooler. I only bought three, one for myself, and two others for friends of mine for Christmas '07. I have called as well with the same results as others. I am incredibly frustrated with both Best Buy and Oster, and I would like my $300 back!

Original review: April 16, 2009

I purchased an Oster compact refrigerator model OR4505G3B on 10/29/08 at Best Buy #102 in West Covina, CA. The refrigerator stopped working on 04/15/09. It was covered under the 1 year manufacturer warranty so we called the number on the warranty, 1-866-866-6283, which has been disconnected. Their website, Osterliving.com, also does not exist. I called Oster at 877-383-6399 and was informed that it was not their product and to contact MLO Appliance. I was unable to reach anyone at MLO.

Original review: March 21, 2009

I purchased an Oster Wine chiller from Best Buy around Christmas. After about 6 months the digital display went out, and a couple of months later the unit quit working all together. Contacted Oster and was informed that they did not manufacture the product, and gave me the contact info for a company filing bankruptcy. No answers from that company.

Original review: March 11, 2009

purchased a Oster wine cooler and after use of 60 days stopped working. Store no longer carries them. Out $100.00

Original review: March 9, 2009

Rcv'd an Oster, 12 bottle wine cooler for Christmas '07. Worked only a few short months then kapput! Oster customer service had me clip the power cord and mail along with a refund form that they provided to them. They assigned me case#H05292008-4655 for a $57 rebate. It's 3/09 and their number is no longer in service. Online blogs show that there are many many peolpe with the same problem, same company, same model. HELP!

Original review: March 7, 2009

The Oster Wine Cellar Model: OWO912H6H was purchased at Best Buy as a Christmas gift. After approximately six months, the cooling system would not work. The toll free number was no longer in use. Reviewing the other posted complaints regarding this product, it is obvious that this product is and was defective from the get-go.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2009

Bought the 12 bottle wine cellar from BestBuy like so many others and it lasted about 6 months. Filed 2 claims with Sunbeam's toll free number and they never supposedly had a record from the first claim and no feedback after 4 months. Sounds like same as every one else who has taken time to report this to this site.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2009

After 4 months with the wine cooler the temperature starting going up and down on its own and finally it stopped cooling and it was over heating. the digital numbers were flickering on and off. What a piece of junk. Purchased 12 bottle wine cooler Oster at Best Buy for 100.00.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2009

We were heating a dish at 350 degrees for 15 min in our 4 year old Oster toaster oven (#6230). As we opened the glass door to remove the food, the door exploded, shattering glass all over the food, counter and floor. Thankfully, no injuries. So far, no response from the company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2009

We were heating a dish at 350 degrees for 15 mon in our 4 year old Oster toaster oven (#6230). As we opened the glass door to remove the food, the door exploded, shattering glass all over the food, counter and floor. Thankfully, no injuries. So far, no response from the company.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2009

I received an Oster Wine Cellar for Christmas. In April it stopped cooling. I called the above telephone number and was told to cut off cord along with receipt and send to above address for refund as I could not return it to Best Buy. I have still not received my refund. I called the number again today and the number now says I can not call from this area. The email that I was able to reach them at previously is being rejected as if the company no longer exists. I am confused! After reading all the comments on this product, I am realizing that I am not alone. All I want is my daughter's money returned for this unworthy product.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2009

We have used our Oster 6 Slice Toaster Oven, model 6287, for about 3 years. The last time I used it, the door seemed tight. I was on the other side of the kitchen when the glass door just sprung out of the frame nearly across the room!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2009

I have called three times about my Oster 12-bottle Wine Celler Model #OWO912H6H. The first two calls I was told Oster was trying to make a decision about what to do with this product since the company that made them for Oster is now out of business. When I first called in Oct. 2008 the wine celler was still under warrenty. This is no longer the case, since it is now January 2009. I was told by Leslie that Oster will not accept responsibility for this product. I then informed her that I will NEVER buy another Oster product. We owned this product for less then a year when it stopped cooling.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2009

My wife purchased an Oster 12 bottle wine cooler model OW0912H6H back in November 2007 at a Best Buy store. The unit stopped working one year later (go figure, just after the warranty expired). Although both fans spin, the unit doesn't cool any more, and both red and green lights are on in the back panel.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2009

I, like many, many others, received the Oster OW0912H6H Wine Cellar for Christmas last year. I find it ridiculous that Jarden refuses to accept any responsibility for the products they contracted with MLO to sell, and that companies can be allowed to act in such a way in general. Jarden has been making money off this business relationship for years, and for them to use the situation involving the CEO of MLO to avoid standing behind product they help put into people's homes is disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2009

I purchased a Oster 12 bottle wine cooler in December 2007 model# OW1912H6H. The cooler stoped working in June I called the warranty company I was told to send the original receipt and cut the cord off to the addess Oster Appliance Support

R142 - 757 West Hastings Street, Suite 617 Vancouver BC V6C 1A1 Canada for a full rebate. And I have not gotten any reaponse the 1-866-866-6283 is no longer in service. I am not sure what else to do at this point. I do not believe that I will get my money back for this product. I will never purchase another Oster product.
Original review: Dec. 29, 2008

I purchased my wife a wine cellar#OW0912H6H made by Oster for Christmas 2007 from Best Buy 1 month later it stopped so took it back and was given another,3mos later that one stopped working and Best buy gave me another one,Oct 2007 this one stopped working and Best Buy doesn't carry that model anymore(wonder why) and now the people at Oster tell me that a outside company handled all there warrenties and they are out of business.It seems that a company like Oster and Sunbeam products would want to make customers happy and do the right thing instead of saying too bad . So now I'm out of a wine cellar and a 100 bucks from a major company that customer service stinks. I wont recomend any products from this company and hope they have as much success as there warrenty company did . Maybe the goverment will bail them out as well when they go under. Unhappy With Oster Products forever. Steve

Original review: Dec. 29, 2008

I purchased the Oster 12-Bottle Wine Cellar, Model OWO912H6H in Feb. 2008. We installed it in June of 2008 and it quit working in October of 2008. E-mails to Oster and Sunbeam have not been acknowledged. I understand Petters LLC, the sub-contractor is out of business. We don't know where to go for a refund on this product.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2008

was given the Oster wine refrigerator model OWO912H6H as a gift for Christmas last year. The unit stopped working a few months ago. Google 'Oster wine refrigerator'with the serial #. Several complaints of the same..fan doesn't work~temp 71-76 degrees..red light & green light on in back of unit.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2008

I purchased an Oster toaster for my mom for Christmas. She was looking for one like the one she had for 15 years that she loved (she's big on toast). I found the closest one I could find on irawoods.com. The total with shipping was $39.89. I got the package and out it away as it was for Christmas. One day I decided to make sure it was the right toaster and check it out. I opened the box and unwrapped the toaster box. There was nothing damaged on the outer box. The toaster was wrapped well. There was a huge hole in the toaster box and one side was torn. I contacted irawoods.com and they told me that unless I let them replace the toaster, which by now I had lost all faith in this company, I would have to pay a 25% restocking fee AND pay for return shipping. I have argued and argued with them about sending me damaged merchandise but they will not budge. I will get about $15 back of my $40 after return shipping and restocking fee. This item CANNOT be restocked. I have already contacted the FTC and BBB and am waitingfor results. I want the whole world to know that this company ripped me off and thinks it is okay to do so. What makes it worse is that it was a Christmas gift and I have a limited income.

Oster Appliances Company Information